Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Drink the Kool-Aid

• Start Topic

Best line of the season?  (Even better than, “Lesbians, we are under attack!”) “Doubters…. Get no cookies!” Not just the line, but Evan Peters’s pitch perfect delivery—part sheer menace, part kindergarten sing-song scolding. Oh, and “Put him in time out!” was pretty good too.

• Love 1

Honestly, I am the outlier here. I like Evan Peters but the playing of the cult leaders by Evan just seems cheesy and dumb, and indulgent. I love Evan and Sarah playing off each other, they clearly have chemistry and raise each other's game, and Evan is a great actor. But he doesn't deserve an Emmy nod for drawling out Jim Jones's last words and then high fiving Jesus, played by Evan Peters. And believe me, I do love Evan as an actor. The serial killer imitations aren't what I am enjoying - Kai's general batshittery with Oz and Ally in this episode is where I was impressed.

• Love 10
On 10/31/2017 at 10:13 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Still kinda sweet in a way putting Ivy in the room with Kai's parents.  

"The bed is for family" line just cracked me up.    This was a really, really good episode.  I have not been an Ivy fan but I especially did not like the way she was so willing to leave Oz with Kai.  I got the idea she was okay with leaving him with Kai forever in terms of running away with Ally.    I feel like in that moment was when Ally decided she was done with Ivy.    I was taken aback by the scene with the bottle of wine and a "romantic" dinner after just having left their son with a psychopath cult leader.  I don't believer either would be calm enough to have that dinner if they were in that position....  But what about AHS has ever been realistic :-)  :-) :-)

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Ally Mayfair-Richards's character arc is way similar to Asylum's Lana Winters:  victim to victor (I hope) in 10-13 episodes.

From what I understand there are 11 episodes.   This is #9 so there ar 2 left to go.  We have no idea how these last two will shake out.  That being said I have no problem with Ally coming out the victor in all this if that’s the way the story is heading.  Then again it may end up more like Roanoke and Ozzy ends up the last man standing with Ally taking out herself and Kai in an ultimate act of love for her son.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Honestly, I am the outlier here. I like Evan Peters but the playing of the cult leaders by Evan just seems cheesy and dumb, and indulgent. I love Evan and Sarah playing off each other, they clearly have chemistry and raise each other's game, and Evan is a great actor. But he doesn't deserve an Emmy nod for drawling out Jim Jones's last words and then high fiving Jesus, played by Evan Peters. And believe me, I do love Evan as an actor. The serial killer imitations aren't what I am enjoying - Kai's general batshittery with Oz and Ally in this episode is where I was impressed.

I don't think he deserves the Emmy for playing Jim Jones or Jesus or whatever for three minutes either, but for the overall performance as Kai, which includes the little blips as the other folks. I do think some of the characterizations have been more effective than others....I loved his Warhol, and his David Koresh, while Jim Jones was a terrifying man who came off as cartoonish. But overall, I think he's been pretty brilliant

I like Evan Peters but the playing of the cult leaders by Evan just seems cheesy and dumb, and indulgent.

Cheesy and indulgent are the hallmarks of Ryan Murphy shows so you kind of expect that going in. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

From what I understand there are 11 episodes.   This is #9 so there ar 2 left to go.  We have no idea how these last two will shake out.  That being said I have no problem with Ally coming out the victor in all this if that’s the way the story is heading.  Then again it may end up more like Roanoke and Ozzy ends up the last man standing with Ally taking out herself and Kai in an ultimate act of love for her son.

I kind of like the idea of Ally and Ozzy ending up the only survivors... or so we think.  Then it turns out that the sperm bank worker was in on everything and that Ozzy really is Kai's and he takes after his dad in many many ways.

Or it might be a new twist to have Kai come out victorious and end as he takes his seat in the Senate.

• Love 1
On 11/1/2017 at 0:05 AM, Pixel said:

Arsenic would not kill you that fast. It takes minimum a couple of hours, and that’s if you really dose a lot. I hate when shows do this crap. If she’d just said it was cyanide I’d have bought it. 

Yes to this, but I have to also add that all the City Council stuff is a total needle skip for me too. I'm not up on my Civic lessons but can the City Council vote to limit or censor the internet? Also, Beverly can't be the be and end all of the media in that town, some reporter(s) must be getting information that City Council members are being threatened, citizen rights are being infringed if not outright unconstitutional at least bordering so and Kai is rolling with a bunch of Nazi-like thugs. 

• Love 11

I think maybe the only thing that would keep kai from being able to kill ally if she does something wrong is the fact he believes ozzy is his son. Maybe they will go the route that the only thing that is his Achilles hill is family. Now that he believes ally is the mother of his kid and he is ozzys dad ally has the upper hand.  I wonder if ally will kill winter. In the upcoming preview it looked like Kaiwas reacting to something with the screaming. The thing is I don't think even killing winter will make Kai go after ally now since he believes her and ozzy belonging to him.  Of course not sure about any of this it's just an idea.

Edited by Stringey
10 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Yes to this, but I have to also add that all the City Council stuff is a total needle skip for me too. I'm not up on my Civic lessons but can the City Council vote to limit or censor the internet? Also, Beverly can't be the be and end all of the media in that town, some reporter(s) must be getting information that City Council members are being threatened, citizen rights are being infringed if not outright unconstitutional at least bordering so and Kai is rolling with a bunch of Nazi-like thugs. 

No, the city council cannot control internet use, reporters would be all over the threats and 'bodyguards' and the media and general public would not support their internet rights being taken away. Also, Kai is too emotional to be a true cult leader- you have to ease people into the crazy. 

• Love 7

From what I understand arsenic is a slow murder poison.  Something you would use if you were in no particular hurry to get the job done.  But like I stated up thread people understand arsenic.  Other then just using the general term of “poison” there aren’t really that many poisons that have the same effect.  You could probably name a dozen after exhaustive research or just go with a poison most people heard of.

I thought it was fairly obvious in the 'entire cult drinks the Kool-Aid" that Kai was testing them. At the most I thought he had poisoned 1 random cup or maybe a specific male member for some reason. Npo way did I think he was going to kill everyone. I think he's just too high on himself to kill himself and he loves that he has lots of followers. I still liked the scene, all the women freaking out was kind of funny. Despite how ridiculous some of the things are ( the city  council meeting, as has been stated, is absurd), I think it has been a good season. I'm surprised that there has been no supernatural events- at all- if I'm not mistaken ( other than in Kai's imagination ). Is this the first season for that so far, or this late in the season ? Of course, we still have enough time for it to happen.

Edited by willco
I'm a lousy typer
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

I agree with you. His work has yet to be Emmy-level to me.

2 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

From what I understand arsenic is a slow murder poison.  Something you would use if you were in no particular hurry to get the job done.  But like I stated up thread people understand arsenic.  Other then just using the general term of “poison” there aren’t really that many poisons that have the same effect.  You could probably name a dozen after exhaustive research or just go with a poison most people heard of.

I think most people are also familiar with cyanide.

• Love 3

I still prefer Powers Booth as Jim Jones, way more intimidating.  I'm waiting for the opening credits to be changed to Starring Evan Peters....Evan Peters....Evan Peters....Evan Peters....Evan Peters....

Well you can't say Ivy didn't have that coming.

This season has stopped being scary and has now settled into creepy/disturbing.  I don't even really care how it ends, whether it's Ally bringing the whole cult down in a mad revenge plot or embracing the cult and becoming its queen, simply because I don't care one way or the other about Ally.

• Love 6

I've got to say, I didn't have one iota of sympathy for Ivy. 

Me, neither. I found her death to be rather delicious.

Still kinda sweet in a way putting Ivy in the room with Kai's parents.  

And smart, if it was Ally's idea, as the literal body of evidence of her crime is now on Kai's turf.

Okay, so I understand why they put Evan play all these cult leaders. But why was he also Andy Warhol? It's not a big deal, just wondering.

All I can figure is that it was in relation to Solanas' view that Warhol had control over her (and the Factory kids).

For a hot second I thought that stock pot was going to be used as a vessel for Kai's minions' castrated penises.

Was Oz's real bio father (shown in the pic) anybody we've previously seen?

Edited by jaync
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Dobian said:

I still prefer Powers Booth as Jim Jones, way more intimidating.  I'm waiting for the opening credits to be changed to Starring Evan Peters....Evan Peters....Evan Peters....Evan Peters....Evan Peters....

I think of him, too, whenever Jim Jones comes up. I can't remember who said they thought everyone knew about Jim Jones, but I did, too - the kool-aid reference comes from that "don't drink the kool-aid".

When I was a toddler in California, a neighbour was terrified that Jim Jones was going to come after her family, after her sister escaped from the cult. She had mum on alert, too, because she feared him so much. I've always given gurus the side-eye. Even those who seem harmless. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ShadowHunter said:

I didn't realize Jimmy and Pepper were on the Twisty Comic as well till it was pointed out to me. Meep also.

1p7kh1ba9cvz (1).png

Well of course Meep. He was the REAL hero, after all. 

I got so sick of hearing that in Freak Show. Did they even know what"hero" meant? 

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:56 AM, TobinAlbers said:

It's always weird and fun to remember how each actor plays different characters in relation to each other each season.

Last season EP was given short shrift but was lovey dovey with SP's character and they both died.

This season they're in a warped cult story manipulating and terrorizing each other.

In Coven, Mare Winningham's mother was sexually abusing EP's son character, in Hotel she was in love with his psychopathic ways, in Cult she detested his crazy cult leader and was killed by him.

Have they teased what next season is going to be about?

At the end of Season 4 Evan was married to Sarah's character Dot.

• Love 1
On 01/11/2017 at 9:21 AM, RedMal said:

They got back on track with this episode after two extremely disappointing ones.

Okay, so I understand why they put Evan play all these cult leaders. But why was he also Andy Warhol? It's not a big deal, just wondering.

I knew immediately that Ivy is dead, when they sat down to dinner. And I'm glad I was right. But at the same time, Ally was being such a coldhearted psychopath in the scene, that there's really no one to root for anymore. I hope they all die.

You could say that Warhol had a sort of “cult of fame.”

• Love 2
9 hours ago, willco said:

I'm surprised that there has been no supernatural events- at all- if I'm not mistaken ( other than in Kai's imagination ).

I am guessing that the first scene of the first episode featuring Twisty the Clown murdering people was a reenactment of what Ozzy was reading in his Twisty the Clown comic book.

• Love 1

I was an Air Force pilot, and before I got in to fly (in the early 80s), my friend's brother was an Air Force navigator.  He was a primary crewmember on a C-141 out of Charleston AFB, SC, to pick up the remains at Jonestown.  He said he'd never seen anything like it.  So ghastly he still won't talk about the bodies.  

ETA:  Most artists can be considered leaders of a cult if they have a group around them who are learning from them (in various ways.)  Warhol might be considered a cult leader but, unlike Kai, Warhol had serious and legitimate talent.  Whether one personally likes and admires POP art or not is irrelevant.  In the art world, Warhol made a game-changing splash.  It's not my taste but Basquiat is.  Absolutely.  Kai's cult status is very low level by this episode -- he's very much a Heaven's Gate or Manson rather than a Scientology or even Islam/Christianity/Judaism.  (Depending on what one considers a cult.)  I think Warhol's "cult" status could easily be compared to Michael Jackson's or Beyonce's.  Of course, this is just my free opinion (worth exactly what you pay for it, LOL.)

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 6
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 0:38 AM, ShadowHunter said:

“Doubters get no cookies! I can get behind that slogan lol.

This was funny because I think it was a Walking Dead shoutout.  The actor who plays Oz is the real-life brother of the actor who played the kid on The Walking Dead who Carol threatened with cookies.  haha

• Love 3
23 hours ago, jaync said:

Was Oz's real bio father (shown in the pic) anybody we've previously seen?

I thought it looked like one of the followers, the one super I'd die for you Kai guy whose name now escapes me.  But I'm not sure it was him.

I thought it made sense that the prior cult leaders were played by Evan Peters because Kai was telling his little Nazis sweet bedtime stories about other cult leaders.  But, that doesn't explain having him play Warhol.

14 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I thought it looked like one of the followers, the one super I'd die for you Kai guy whose name now escapes me.  But I'm not sure it was him.

I thought it made sense that the prior cult leaders were played by Evan Peters because Kai was telling his little Nazis sweet bedtime stories about other cult leaders.  But, that doesn't explain having him play Warhol.

Besides Warhol’s cult of fame, he also inspired Valerie Solanas’ cult...so I’m guessing that was the connection there.

• Love 1
On 11/1/2017 at 11:34 PM, Hazel55 said:

He should have played Valerie Solanas rather than Lena Dunham. That would have been awesome. 

I'd never thought about it before, but that would have worked!  He looks a lot more like Solanas than Dunham does.

The first few episodes of this season were such a nonsensical drag and Sarah Paulson annoyed me so much that I was going to give up on a season of AHS for the very first time.  I had a couple of episodes on the dvr when I decided to give it one more try before I deleted it from the program manager.  That episode was 11/9, where everything started popping and I am so glad I gave it one more chance.  I'm totally hooked on this season and right now it is ranking #3 on my list (after Asylum and Hotel).

Evan Peters was an absolute tour de force this episode and I am loving Ally Eyeliner (who I was praying would buy it by ep 4 I was so done with her).

Every time I hear the Mayfair-Richards surname it makes me think of the Anne Rice series that started with The Witching Hour.  I would love for that and the Manwich to be a hint about next season.  

High point of the season?  Kai telling Ally that naming her kid Ozmandias was just asking for him to get his ass kicked (paraphrasing). 

I was impressed by Ally. She seemed strong, but damn, she came to play for the win. I wanted to feel sorry for Ivy, but I just cannot get pass her involving Oz in the cult. Ally conning Kai was sublime. By tricking him into believing that Oz is his son and killing Ivy, she has bought them both some time. Hopefully, Oz makes it out alive. I have my doubts about Ally.

The one thing I noticed is that the gung ho guy who answered the door seemed to have doubt or concerns when he didn't know where Kai took Oz. I wonder if this hints at him turning on Kai and helping Ally and Oz escape at some point.

I can't believe that Winter hasn't run. She is just begging to get killed and having her body dumped in the family cadaver bedroom.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I was impressed by Ally. She seemed strong, but damn, she came to play for the win. I wanted to feel sorry for Ivy, but I just cannot get past her involving Oz in the cult. Ally conning Kai was sublime. By tricking him into believing that Oz is his son and killing Ivy, she has bought them both some time. Hopefully, Oz makes it out alive. I have my doubts about Ally.

The one thing I noticed is that the gung ho guy who answered the door seemed to have doubt or concerns when he didn't know where Kai took Oz. I wonder if this hints at him turning on Kai and helping Ally and Oz escape at some point.

I can't believe that Winter hasn't run. She is just begging to get killed and having her body dumped in the family cadaver bedroom.

Ahh I would not be surprised if this happens and if ally is the one that does it. I think that Kai may have love for his sister but if ally is the one that kills her he won't hurt her because he believes that is the mother of his son and maybe he loves her too. In the preview for the next episode we see kai screaming in reaction to something however now that I think about it his hair is brown if I remember right.. Which likely means it's a flashback and not something current. But yes I see winter ending up on the family bed. Soon Kai is going to have to open up another room to dump those bodies.

On 11/2/2017 at 8:43 AM, ZoloftBlob said:

Honestly, I am the outlier here. I like Evan Peters but the playing of the cult leaders by Evan just seems cheesy and dumb, and indulgent.

I think it's an excellent device that allows a window into Kai's twisted psyche. A true megalomaniac with delusions of grandeur, he sees/ imagines himself as some sort of conglomeration of numerous powerful cult leaders of the past, including Jesus Christ. (There is also an element of fantasy here, with Kai projecting himself onto men who wielded the amount of power and influence he feels should be his.) What can be said of a man who imagines himself as David Koresh, Jim Jones, and the Christian Messiah? 

It also, psychologically speaking, illustrates the underlying immaturity that characterizes Kai, despite his ability to psychologically manipulate those around him. Not only does he fantasize that he is Jim Jones, David Koresh, and the like; he spices his story with interjections like "holy spunk" and "totally awesome." In addition to being a powerful, dangerous psychopath, Kai is clearly a childish 30 year old who has never fully grown up. Showing his fantasy/ projection of himself onto past cult leaders because, it's like, totally cool, man, helps illustrate this for the viewer. 

Finally, portraying himself as several influential cult leaders of the past while relaying a highly fictionalized version of history to his followers illustrates how Kai manipulates both facts and his own image (he is larger than life, the end all of all of the great cult leaders) to present the version of himself and the world he wants to give his followers. Jim Jones and the others weren’t just played by the same actor who plays Kai—they were Kai, in a sense. According to Kai.

So, to my mind Ryan Murphy didn't just have Evan Peter's play all of the cult leaders to give us more of the same actor or be self indulgent. He was attempting to illustrate how Kai saw himself; and how Kai presented himself to his followers. All of the other cult leaders were essentially Kai, because Kai was controlling the narrative. 

• Love 16
12 hours ago, Hazel55 said:

I think it's an excellent device that allows a window into Kai's twisted psyche. A true megalomaniac with delusions of grandeur, he sees/ imagines himself as some sort of conglomeration of numerous powerful cult leaders of the past, including Jesus Christ. (There is also an element of fantasy here, with Kai projecting himself onto men who wielded the amount of power and influence he feels should be his.) What can be said of a man who imagines himself as David Koresh, Jim Jones, and the Christian Messiah? 

It also, psychologically speaking, illustrates the underlying immaturity that characterizes Kai, despite his ability to psychologically manipulate those around him. Not only does he fantasize that he is Jim Jones, David Koresh, and the like; he spices his story with interjections like "holy spunk" and "totally awesome." In addition to being a powerful, dangerous psychopath, Kai is clearly a childish 30 year old who has never fully grown up. Showing his fantasy/ projection of himself onto past cult leaders because, it's like, totally cool, man, helps illustrate this for the viewer. 

Finally, portraying himself as several influential cult leaders of the past while relaying a highly fictionalized version of history to his followers illustrates how Kai manipulates both facts and his own image (he is larger than life, the end all of all of the great cult leaders) to present the version of himself and the world he wants to give his followers. Jim Jones and the others weren’t just played by the same actor who plays Kai—they were Kai, in a sense. According to Kai.

So, to my mind Ryan Murphy didn't just have Evan Peter's play all of the cult leaders to give us more of the same actor or be self indulgent. He was attempting to illustrate how Kai saw himself; and how Kai presented himself to his followers. All of the other cult leaders were essentially Kai, because Kai was controlling the narrative. 

He acted the same way when ally was fooling him into believing he is really the father of oz. He said something like I am so awesome. At least the tear rolling down his face balanced that out a little to take him more seriously in that scene. They are clearly illustrating to us that he simultaneously is very smart and manipulative and able to get people to listen while at the same time he can be childish and react unbelievably silly when someone counters him. When he was stomping on oz's phone I was thinking..... are you serious your ape boys are going to think you are being a baby. The guy is clearly unstable. He may be a sociopath but I think also might be out of touch with reality.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Is this the first season with no supernatural elements? I can't recall if Freak Show did.

(I'm counting the aliens of Asylum as supernatural for now.)

It seems as if it is. Also in asylum wasn't there was a guy that was possessed as well? But yeah every season had at least one instance of supernatural.

17 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Got Manwich Bold and beef/buns at the store today. Extremely excited!

Manwich is okay but I think I prefer the kind you get in the seasoning packets. I love to put onions in the meat too. So who  in that ahs cast either loves or hates sloppy Joes??  In am sure they decide to put small things in for a reason.

42 minutes ago, Stringey said:

Manwich is okay but I think I prefer the kind you get in the seasoning packets. I love to put onions in the meat too. So who  in that ahs cast either loves or hates sloppy Joes??  In am sure they decide to put small things in for a reason.

I think the fact that it had the word “man” in it was why it was used as in “I am making my man a big man sandwich.”    What better food for the leader of a lady hating man cult?  

• Love 1
On 11/4/2017 at 0:00 PM, SimoneS said:

She may have her own plans for coming out on top;  maybe she got Ally the arsenic she needed off one of those dark sites she surfs and picked up something for her own use if need be.

On 11/2/2017 at 0:00 AM, Hazel55 said:

Compared to past episodes, the peek at suicidal cults in the beginning was both mercifully brief and well integrated into the main plot line. 

Lessening the overly graphic nature of the torture and death scenes was both a welcome relief and a fantastic technique to deepen the impact of what we're seeing on screen. The brief shots the terrified facial expressions of Jim Jones's remaining followers when they realize that this death is not going to be the peaceful release their leader promised was far, far more powerful than extended sequences of a man in a gimp suit having holes ripped into his flesh.

A family friend died in the Heaven's Gate cult, so I was glad that was brief (and that it wasn't explicitly reenacted). It was super effective, but I'd much rather watch the extended (fake) torture than see the HG, Waco and Jonestown footage again (although I suppose my experience is probably a little different than that of most viewers in this regard).

On 11/5/2017 at 0:13 PM, Stringey said:

Excellently put and agreed! I also think that's why EP played Andy Warhol; Kai is naturally the person the women pictured as Valerie's/SCUM's oppressor when Bibi was telling them the story.

On 11/2/2017 at 10:43 AM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I kind of like the idea of Ally and Ozzy ending up the only survivors... or so we think.  Then it turns out that the sperm bank worker was in on everything and that Ozzy really is Kai's and he takes after his dad in many many ways.

Or it might be a new twist to have Kai come out victorious and end as he takes his seat in the Senate.

Awww maybe ozzy and ally get away after everyone else is killed.  Ally and the audience believe kai to be dead too and the last scene is a few years into the future with Kai taking his place in the Senate.

• Love 1

Oz seems like a very sweet boy, so the earth shattering screams as he was taken for a "time out" was disturbing.  It made me feel like something worse was going to happen to him and he knew it.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:08 AM, Captanne said:

Slightly OT?  My love for Mare Winningham knows no bounds.

Justine forever!

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:31 PM, ShadowHunter said:

Agree about that scene with Evan and Sarah.  Even the way he said "Only for you" was softer and a bit sexy.

I think Evan was best at playing David Koresh. I liked all of them but for some reason that one hit me the most

Since Kai has gone to that clinic though he could have some kids out there. 

I found his Jim Jones incredibly chilling and on the mark.  Jones audio recorded the mass suicide, and I'm pretty sure some of what Evan's Jones was saying was verbatim.  The last sentence sounded exactly like Jones, minus the sounds of screaming babies as the kool-aid was syringed into their mouths.

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:08 AM, Chaos Theory said:

In the preview for next week I thought it said it would be the finale.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:43 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

The writing is not being subtle in comparing him to Trump.  I expected to hear, "I know words, I have the best words".

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, willco said:

I thought it was fairly obvious in the 'entire cult drinks the Kool-Aid" that Kai was testing them. At the most I thought he had poisoned 1 random cup or maybe a specific male member for some reason. Npo way did I think he was going to kill everyone. I think he's just too high on himself to kill himself and he loves that he has lots of followers. I still liked the scene, all the women freaking out was kind of funny. Despite how ridiculous some of the things are ( the city  council meeting, as has been stated, is absurd), I think it has been a good season. I'm surprised that there has been no supernatural events- at all- if I'm not mistaken ( other than in Kai's imagination ). Is this the first season for that so far, or this late in the season ? Of course, we still have enough time for it to happen.

I realized the Kool-Aid was going to be poisoned because Jim Jones had one to two trial runs before that last day.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Oz seems like a very sweet boy, so the earth shattering screams as he was taken for a "time out" was disturbing.  It made me feel like something worse was going to happen to him and he knew it.

Justine forever!

I found his Jim Jones incredibly chilling and on the mark.  Jones audio recorded the mass suicide, and I'm pretty sure some of what Evan's Jones was saying was verbatim.  The last sentence sounded exactly like Jones, minus the sounds of screaming babies as the kool-aid was syringed into their mouths.

I noticed also when  the meat heads were carrying oz up the stairs the kid seemed to be really freaking out. More so than just kids who know they are getting a time out. It was if he knew he might get locked up or something. I guess whatever he went through was not too bad because the last scene showed him looking happy when he hugged both ally and Kai. During that hug scene i was thinking to myself shouldn't this kid be kind of creeped out by this guy? He did not look to be.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Stringey said:

During that hug scene i was thinking to myself shouldn't this kid be kind of creeped out by this guy? He did not look to be.

Oz may be in the same boat as the storekeeper who drew a distinction between the minions who did the dirty work and Kai, who casts himself in the role of "savior".

• Love 1

Is this the first season with no supernatural elements? I can't recall if Freak Show did.

Freak Show had Wes Bentley as some sort of Halloween devil ghost that only came out once a year? So yeah - it had supernatural elements. 

I hadn't actually noticed this was the first season without anything supernatural until you pointed it out.

• Love 1