Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

S12.E13: The Pre-Season Test

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

And it wasn’t just the point stuff either IMO. They replayed that fake group leader announcement, and beyond that, everyone other than Jenna is a new group leader or new second group leader. Where is their little segment? I don’t even recall Jenn K being shoved down my throat this hard, and she was way overexposed IMO. Kashara is at least likeable (unlike Jenn K IMO), but that actually makes it more annoying to me. Regardless of whether one thinks her dancing is worthy of point, she’s certainly a charismatic dancer and seems like a cool and fun person. No need to tell me how great she is every episode.  She can stand on her own just fine.

You make a good point. I can't recall another veteran cheerleader who's been featured as heavily as KaShara has this season. Maybe she told Kelly and Judy she's retiring early on so they decided to feature her a lot? Maybe the CMT producers really liked her so it was their decision? Or maybe because of all the Holly/Jenna/Erica drama, they had to heavily showcase something positive to counter all the negative. Maybe they asked Kelli who would be a good person to showcase in a positive light and she chose KaShara? Or maybe her parents are big donors to the Cowboys organization? Just seems so random how some girls are not shown at all and then others are shown excessively. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Texas Gal said:

And now they've changed it... ok, who here woke up the intern and made them do website corrections at midnight?

59f2c31b2b57a_ScreenShot2017-10-27at12_23_43AM.thumb.png.5645d5030986914025f977e0a8ee53af.png

I know I'm splitting hairs here, but it's a bad patch job. See how "REVEALED" is shorter than the other words? It was probably fixed in the final graphic, but not the original source graphic with the correct size and spacing, etc. /designnerd

I get they fixed it fast, but fixing it the right way wouldn't have taken but another 15 minutes.

I'm available to telecommute, Cowboys.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ReneeK said:

Keyra's reaction to Judy's critique about "shimmying" more was a little over the top/borderline sassy attitude.  I bet she's so sick of being called out.

I really like the way she dances, but even when she DID shimmy more it did not look like Calyssa.  I agree she needs to work on that component. Man though, Judy is not going to give her any breaks when I can think of others that need Judy's attention!

5 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Wait, really? Wow. 

I don't get it.  I guess family illness can happen anytime but it seems SO ODD!  I really liked her, she was one of my favorites from MTT.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Jess14 said:

If Lacey stays next year, can she get some love? Great body, great dancer! She deserves more! 

 

Yes! I agree!  I did notice she was the center of the photo.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ReneeK said:

I wonder why they chose Kashara as point over say, Lacey.  Lacey, in my opinion, is the most attractive DCC and she's an outstanding dancer.  Kashara is very pretty, don't get me wrong, but not stunningly gorgeous.  I would be happy to see Kalyssa someday on point.  She is dynamite.?

I think it is a hair color thing.  She is blonde with two brunettes behind her.  Yes, there are other reasons too but they like a visual balance.  I also think they wanted to set the tone of the team considering all the craziness with behavior from vets and the felt Kashira was a perfect leader for that.  Just guessing of course!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

I love this show but are the DCC really the best or are we led to believe that because they are the only ones with a show about making the team?

Wow... no they really are the best in the NFL.  Other team cheerleaders come to audition for DCC and do not necessarily make it.  Most other teams are regional talent.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Texas Gal said:

And now they've changed it... ok, who here woke up the intern and made them do website corrections at midnight?

 

If the intern was so clearly unable to manage this announcement, I bet that someone higher up did all the corrections and regrets hiring blonde interns!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Rotate point during the season. Kashara gets out danced by those behind her.  

Would make the girls compete even harder to improve if they had something to gain every week. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Cheertator said:

Anthony did not need to be at squad photo. DEAR CMT, NO MORE ANTHONY PLEASE. 

I sliiiiiightly disagree. Anthony bothered me in the beginning but I rationalize it by thinking: 

1. He’s better than Melissa (IMO)

2. He seems like a genuine fan of the team. I know if -I- was that close to K&J and the DCC, I would be at every event they’d give me a badge to. And he knows a lot of them by name at this point which is saying something if you’re really flying in only every so often to see what’s going on. 

3. He saw that special something I’ve seen in Kalyssa from the very first episode. 

He’s gotten to assist with auditions, come for rehearsals, events, show group, and squad photo?

The accounts I would empty for the same opportunity... ? Shameless.

Edited by tajalexander
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I think a big part of Kashara getting featured so much was to make a point that they are putting the most value on character and personality than just body and dance skills.  Why she got it over Lacey I am not positive...but I know Kash has gone above and #beyond.  I wonder if they had some frustration with Lacey over being caught off guard with the Gina attitude stuff (ETA: I remember hearing awhile back that she got called out for not telling them sooner that Gina was a problem) 

I agree with tajalexander on Anthony Ramos.  

Liked the squad announcement...it caught me off guard which is hard to do after all these years LOL  Lexie's face was so great, when they showed how she figured out what was going on right before the others. 

It is weird that Judy seems so hard on keyra, I really don't think she is that bad? I like how she dances but what do I know. 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

RE: Rotate point during the season. Kashara is out dan ced by those behind  her.  

Would make the girls compete even harder to improve if they had something to gain every week. 

I wish they would rotate point too. But I think the next major dance transition when they go into the Circle or kickline Would also force every else to relearn And Adjust how To move.

Edited by sATL

Share this post


Link to post

Ehhh I think it's a stretch to say that about Judy.  She (openly) just very much loves a certain look -- the tall, thin and long legs (like a Mia, Lauren Williams, Evan, etc.) which is basically the opposite of Keyra (not her fault) and people who have amazing technique.  She just looks for something completely different than Kelli. I mean, I think that is part of why Taryn made it to camp and lasted as long as she did.  Kelli, who is more about facial beauty, was like mehhhh and Judy knew Taryn had the look she wanted if she could get the kicks up (and I thought Taryn made improvement on her flexibility). Just my thoughts.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Cheertator said:

Honestly I get lowkey racist vibes from Judy. Just a hunch. 

I doubt it...... ish. Judy LOVED Nicole Hamilton in the early seasons of the show. Made her demonstrate literally everything. I know she liked Jackie Bob too.

I remember she wasn’t a fan of early Mia and didn’t like TCC Alexandria too much. We know she’s over Jenna. Haha 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Judy isn't racist she just doesn't want any short, thick girls or anybody without years of dance training.

She loved Mia, Jacie, Nicole H, Tia, Khalyn, etc. = all tall. 

Still hates Kelsey = not much dance background. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, ReneeK said:

Keyra's reaction to Judy's critique about "shimmying" more was a little over the top/borderline sassy attitude.  I bet she's so sick of being called out.

I thought Keyra had a sense of humor about it, but it could have easily been misinterpreted for being a wiseass.

Kashara deserves her moments in the sun. She is great. :) And, I am happy to see Christina made it after all of those times she auditioned. She genuinely seems like a very sweet person, but I think she is going to be a "one and done".

I am bummed about Alexandria, but have to give her mad props for putting family first. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Keyra is a decent dancer, but she has a stocky built. Remember we do not see every practice, so Keyra is probably making mistakes we do not know about. The only former DCC with the same type of built Keyra had was Kandi Harris who was called out for weight and was one of the lowest ranked veterans her last year in Season 3. I am surprised Keyra was not called out for her shape since girls in the past with the same built were cut in TC. I do not see Keyra as a standout DCC rookie, but she is not the only rookie in my opinion who  does not have the whole DCC package.

Kelli with her women of character, little girls look up to the DCC and glory days. Really Kelli...She seems to be really pushing her DCCs are the best spiel. You think after 12 years she would give it a rest. Jenna, Jenna, Jenna...You poor girl...You have been picked on...You broke the rules, got caught...and got punished. You are not leadership material. Take the hint and not try out again. You are not the most special DCC snowflake sweetie. And I think your family survived the news you did not got to Canton. *rolling eyes*

Christina and Savannah got Kelli's kiss of death. I am surprised she did not use the word potential.

And a note to CMT: Please changed the final episode. It is so boring are repetitive to see and hear the same spiel year after year. Changed it up. Remember variety is the spice of life!

Edited by bigskygirl

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

  I wonder if they had some frustration with Lacey over being caught off guard with the Gina attitude stuff (ETA: I remember hearing awhile back that she got called out for not telling them sooner that Gina was a problem) 

If they had some frustration, they have only themselves to blame. We're all sitting at home and could see that Gina had an attitude problem. Kelli and Judy missed it and shouldn't blame Lacey for that.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

I thought Keyra had a sense of humor about it, but it could have easily been misinterpreted for being a wiseass.

I thought she was being a big time snotty wiseass, but unless it was edited oddly Kelli was laughing, so I guess she really was just being humorous.  But I did notice she has the Lauren bug-eye thing going on.

48 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think your family survived the news you did not got to Canton.

I think she was more embarrassed to admit she was being punished because she got caught not being the perfect pretty pretty princess she pretends to be.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, cgloss said:

If they had some frustration, they have only themselves to blame. We're all sitting at home and could see that Gina had an attitude problem. Kelli and Judy missed it and shouldn't blame Lacey for that.

Once again, there is probably a lot more to the story than we know or was shown. I do not think Lacey was punished by not being chosen point girl by Kelli and Judy because of Gina. Lacey is a lovely girl and talented dancer, and I think Kelli and Judy know it. She is one of the three girls at the top of the triangle, a group leader and is in Show Group. I think they do appreciate her and her talent.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I remember hearing awhile back that she got called out for not telling them sooner that Gina was a problem

Kelli really loves her snitches, doesn't she?  Makes me wonder about Kashara and how she suddenly became the greatest and most bestest DCC in our lifetime.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I wonder if they had some frustration with Lacey over being caught off guard with the Gina attitude stuff (ETA: I remember hearing awhile back that she got called out for not telling them sooner that Gina was a problem) 

What now? Lacey was supposed to run to K&J about Gina? Good lord. I would hate to have them as bosses. 

I honestly wasn’t attempting to revive the “why is Kashara point” argument. I feel like it’s water under the bridge. My issue isn’t with Kashara, I just don’t care for overexposure, no matter who or what it is. I’ve always been a bit of a contrarian though, and the more I feel like I’m “supppsed” to like someone or something or I’m being told to, I start to resist. I just can’t help it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

My issue isn’t with Kashara, I just don’t care for overexposure, no matter who or what it is. I’ve always been a bit of a contrarian though, and the more I feel like I’m “supppsed” to like someone or something or I’m being told to, I start to resist. I just can’t help it.

Well, I think we were separated at birth, this is me to the letter!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

What now? Lacey was supposed to run to K&J about Gina? Good lord. I would hate to have them as bosses. 

I honestly wasn’t attempting to revive the “why is Kashara point” argument. I feel like it’s water under the bridge. My issue isn’t with Kashara, I just don’t care for overexposure, no matter who or what it is. I’ve always been a bit of a contrarian though, and the more I feel like I’m “supppsed” to like someone or something or I’m being told to, I start to resist. I just can’t help it.

lol I don't know if it's fair to say they want snitches but if Gina was making a lot of girls uncomfortable and giving wrong info about dances, etc. outside of the times Kelli and Judy are around, I think they have a right to be informed or at least given a heads up, like, "Hey, weekly check in...so far my group is bonding except that a few girls were upset over remarks Gina made about them and their abilities; I don't think she realizes how she comes across, we are working with her and she has been receptive.  She really is a great dancer and has excellent technique. " I just feel there are ways to be informative without ratting someone out.  Maybe that is just my style though and I'd rather not have girls going around me to complain about a girl in my group being excessively problematic.  Probably no one would want me to be their GL LOL 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Cheertator said:

Honestly I get lowkey racist vibes from Judy. Just a hunch. 

No way! People really need to be careful throwing that accusation out so quickly.  Racism is serious and putting the word lowkey in front of it doesnt water it down. You do not know someones heart. She makes corrections based on what they are looking for as a DCC.  Sorry, I am not trying to be snarky but I know if anyone made an accusation like that about me online where others can read and draw ignorant conclusions, I would want to be defended. 

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

That’s why I wish 36 wasn’t made out to be the magic number. There’s too much weight on it when most years they DONT end up with 36 (more or less). Taryn broke my heart last week when she said “they took 37 last year, why couldn’t they take 37 this year” 

If anything, not knowing when they’re done cutting would make me work harder to prove myself. It’s ok to have less, and some squads should have been less than 36. 

Yeah, I'm still not happy with that one. "We can only take 36" is hollow when you routinely break that rule. It smacks of "Pity us; we were FORCED to cut you! There can only be 36!"  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm still annoyed we never got a feature of Alexis. :( I feel like she, Lexie, Tara and Kalyssa are the only ones I'd bet money will reaudition and make it back no problem. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

lol I don't know if it's fair to say they want snitches but if Gina was making a lot of girls uncomfortable and giving wrong info about dances, etc. outside of the times Kelli and Judy are around, I think they have a right to be informed or at least given a heads up, like, "Hey, weekly check in...so far my group is bonding except that a few girls were upset over remarks Gina made about them and their abilities; I don't think she realizes how she comes across, we are working with her and she has been receptive.  She really is a great dancer and has excellent technique. " I just feel there are ways to be informative without ratting someone out.  Maybe that is just my style though and I'd rather not have girls going around me to complain about a girl in my group being excessively problematic.  Probably no one would want me to be their GL LOL 

The DCC is just so high school-ish IMO. Everyone does not get along or like each other at work. Some people are abrasive and arrogant and rub other people the wrong way. It’s not fun, but that is life. I don’t like Gina, but it didn’t seem like she was ruining the rookie class dynamic or causing other people to want to quit or anything so serious, which is about the only time I would expect supervisors to want to be brought in.  I can see why they would want Lacey to raise the issue with Gina herself, but to expect to be updated about it is just odd to me. But again, the DCC is a different world.

Really though, if K&J are that concerned with the team dynamics, they should probably be around more. Gina gives off a stuck up, mean girl vibe from a mile away. They shouldnt need Lacey to tell them that. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

OK, now I have watched the show twice, here are my takeaways about the finale:

Liking Anthony more and think he is genuinely interested in the process and the team.

Molly was called out on rising up too early on Thunderstruck and yet they used that for the end of the show or else she still hasn't changed.

I see the Abbey Bear was awarded and would like to see more about awarding it and how the person deserved it.

They showed the sideline dances yet Jenna was not acknowledged as a GL nor shown and one group was shown with Robin leading.

I see Gina hugging Lauren when the team was announced.  Perhaps she is making friends.

In the team photo I noticed Tasha, a 2 year vet is in the second row while Selina is in the next to the last row, the only vet back that far.  Perhaps to hide her tummy.

I did like the way that Kelli kind of just popped out the announcement very early!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

The DCC is just so high school-ish IMO. Everyone does not get along or like each other at work. Some people are abrasive and arrogant and rub other people the wrong way. It’s not fun, but that is life. I don’t like Gina, but it didn’t seem like she was ruining the rookie class dynamic or causing other people to want to quit or anything so serious, which is about the only time I would expect supervisors to want to be brought in.  I can see why they would want Lacey to raise the issue with Gina herself, but to expect to be updated about it is just odd to me. But again, the DCC is a different world.

Really though, if K&J are that concerned with the team dynamics, they should probably be around more. Gina gives off a stuck up, mean girl vibe from a mile away. They shouldnt need Lacey to tell them that. 

I definitely see your viewpoint; and I'll add that i LOVEEEE Lacey.  She can do no wrong in my eyes lol  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I'm still annoyed we never got a feature of Alexis. :( I feel like she, Lexie, Tara and Kalyssa are the only ones I'd bet money will reaudition and make it back no problem. 

I agree.  What vets do you think will be coming back?

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, kary said:

I agree.  What vets do you think will be coming back?

Hm, I usually guess wrong on this lol  I think Jenna (it's time), Selina (busy job and weight struggles), Amy (wedding and busy job) and Simone (wedding and continual injuries) will retire...Stephanie, Tasha, Chantel  and Bess just because they have been pro cheerleaders for a long time now and may just be over how much work it is.  I don't know how bad Khalyn's injury is to say whether this will do her in.  Bess got major surgery at Christmas her rookie year and came back so you never know.  I'd think Jinelle would want to be done but if her visa is good another year maybe she will do one more? i can't see her wanting to stay in the US after she retires only because she seems so close to her family back home.  Cersten I think will stay another year unless she gets into med school; she has to know she's a viable option for point if she comes back.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

At one point during last night's show, they put the camera on a blonde rookie that I do not think I had ever seen before.  HA!  I do not follow closely enough to know all the names -- obviously I remember which one is Gina and my favorite is Lauren.  And I know the others that are featured heavily but this gal I had not heard her have one correction, one distinct moment.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post

i feel pretty meh about this seasons group of girls. after all the turmoil of veteran (and now unforeseen rookie) departures and leadership demotion, i cant help but wonder if kelli and judy regret cutting heather h, raylee and allie. how bad could last year have been for them to need to be replaced by the likes of christina, savannah and even miranda?? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Retired already due to a family members illness. Guessing she moved back home. 

Wait. What. Alexandria from New England is gone????? I must be living under a rock.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Cheertator said:

Yeah, I moreso get very “all lives matter” vibes from Cassie and I know who raised her lol

Cannot roll my eyes hard enough at this post. ?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Still hates Kelsey = not much dance background. 

Well she must have gotten better  to make it back for her 2nd season. Or else Kelli and Charlotte overruled Judy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I feel like Lacey was in a tough spot re: Gina. My opinion was that when Kitty was raising issues with Gina with K & J, they were definitely asking questions, etc. about it, but I got the sense that they weren’t that concerned with her behavior in the end, so I feel if Lacey had said something, she would have felt like it was falling on deaf ears?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Well she must have gotten better  to make it back for her 2nd season. Or else Kelli and Charlotte overruled Judy.

I do not think Kelli really cares for Kelsey. I think Charlotte overruled Judy and Kelli when it come to Kelsey because she has the looks and male appeal to get fans to pay attention to the squad and to increase sales via calendars and other DCC related products. In otherwords, male appeal wins out over dancing skills.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×