Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Chapter Two: Trick Or Treat Freak

Athena
  • Start Topic

Watching this late to the game (just finished the series so far) but had to chime in on the cul de sac discussion. I grew up in a small town in Indiana & we lived on one. We called it a “keyhole street”. When people didn’t understand what a keyhole street was we would say “cul de sac”. When I was dating my now- husband, I gave him directions to our house & even though he was from the same town, told him it was on a cul de sac. He later told me he was thinking “la de dah” because I didn’t say keyhole. Still teases me about that.

• LOL 3
On 7/16/2022 at 11:14 AM, MrsJumbo3 said:

Watching this late to the game (just finished the series so far) but had to chime in on the cul de sac discussion. I grew up in a small town in Indiana & we lived on one. We called it a “keyhole street”. When people didn’t understand what a keyhole street was we would say “cul de sac”. When I was dating my now- husband, I gave him directions to our house & even though he was from the same town, told him it was on a cul de sac. He later told me he was thinking “la de dah” because I didn’t say keyhole. Still teases me about that.

I love that! We call it a circle. My inlaws live on one and if you say "cul de sac" people know, but colloquially - a circle.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'm glad I'm doing a rewatch so soon after Season 4. It's nice to be reminded that I did really like Jonathan at some point, heh. 

Spoiler

Before he became the third wheel in his own relationship, at least.

Telling the girl at the Halloween party he was dressed up as someone who hates parties made me legit LOL.

• Love 1

I don't know if this occurred to anyone else, but it's likely the Wheeler's were taking out their little girl T or T'g.  Back in the 80s T or T'g was still done at night.  That's the only explanation I could come up with.

I started saying, "poor Steve...." then stopped myself and told hubby I couldn't believe I felt that way so soon aft S1.  But we have a new a-hole in town in Billy, so I guess the transition's just easier.

Everybody knew Hop was going to be late.   Poor El.  Poor Will.  But not Poor Mike.   He was being a jerk to his friends and to Max.  Now you know how they - esp Lucas felt last year.

So far, I think I'm gonna like Max, but I hope they get back to "Eight" from ep 1.  I'm intrigued abt her and any others out there.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, roamyn said:

I started saying, "poor Steve...." then stopped myself and told hubby I couldn't believe I felt that way so soon aft S1.  But we have a new a-hole in town in Billy, so I guess the transition's just easier.

For me, Steve's transition out of cliché 80's douche began during season one. It started when he got on the ladder to fix the sign calling Nancy a slut (or whatever it said, I barely remember this) and continued right through to his bursting in to help save Jonathan as well as Nancy.  I distinctly remember shouting "Hell yeah, Not-So-Douche-Bag Steve!" when he came through the door with his bat. 

• Like 8
17 hours ago, RachelKM said:

For me, Steve's transition out of cliché 80's douche began during season one. It started when he got on the ladder to fix the sign calling Nancy a slut (or whatever it said, I barely remember this) and continued right through to his bursting in to help save Jonathan as well as Nancy.  I distinctly remember shouting "Hell yeah, Not-So-Douche-Bag Steve!" when he came through the door with his bat. 

Same here.

• Like 3
On 3/22/2024 at 5:58 PM, RachelKM said:

Yeah, I agree, but still I was worried that he’d revert to douche mode.  But I actually like him now.  The actor is doing a good job showing his heartbreak over Nancy and his confusion on how to react as one of the not-cool-kids, now.

• Like 2