Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Chapter Three: The Pollywog

Athena
  • Start Topic

On 10/27/2017 at 5:07 PM, lora said:

Nancy is stupid for talking to Barb's mom about her daughter's disappearance on the phone.

I haven’t watched any further yet, but I thought they were purposely talking to her on the phone and saying a time and place to make the bad guys show up at that time and place to somehow get them. But that’s not a very good plan -and it could have been done without actually talking to Barb’s mom - so maybe I’m wrong. I’ll find out soon... I’m basically binge watching but reading these threads at the end of each episode. 

I forget: what, if anything, does Bob know about what happened last season? He seems to at least know Will went missing and the family is having emotions about it, but does he know anything supernatural or government involved happened? His advice was good for a harmless dream but not good for a real monster. 

I dont understand Hoppers plan with El. Staying in a cabin alone for months with the shades drawn and no human contact or exercise would drive anyone nuts. It’s very unhealthy. If he really thinks it’s too dangerous for her to contact Mike et al, he should have been working on a plan to move her in with some nice family in another state or something along those lines. He can’t expect her to just sit around by herself in a dark room indefinitely while she grows up. Maybe the writers should have had her be on the run for longer and have this situation with Hop be more recent. Sounds like it’s been a ridiculous amount of time for her to be cooped up. 

• Love 1

I see a lot of other people also thought Nancy was setting a trap with that phone call. But she still said what she said to Barb’s mom, so she must be intending to tell her something. Maybe what they bought at RadioShack was a recorder of some kind to try to tape government people doing something sketchy? Not clear on how this would all work with telling Barb’s mom, but I guess we’ll see... 

On 11/5/2017 at 6:04 PM, LeGrandElephant said:

I haven’t watched any further yet, but I thought they were purposely talking to her on the phone and saying a time and place to make the bad guys show up at that time and place to somehow get them. But that’s not a very good plan -and it could have been done without actually talking to Barb’s mom - so maybe I’m wrong. I’ll find out soon... I’m basically binge watching but reading these threads at the end of each episode. 

That wouldn't be a very good plan. There's no telling what the people would do to them. It's very convenient to plan that the people would pick them up and then spill all the beans. 

On 10/28/2017 at 10:58 AM, Lady Calypso said:

I liked the scene between Will and Bob. I think Bob's a solid character, especially in terms of what Will needs. He needs someone neutral, who wasn't around during his disappearance, who won't treat him like a fragile person ready to break. And I've grown to really like Bob, which means doom is coming, whether he's part of the evil organization or he dies.

That scene actually cemented my impulse that Bob's up to no good, because what he said sounds so innocuous without context. It made me think "oh, he wants to let the monster get Will and he's got excellent plausible deniability."

I agree that Millie Bobby Brown is doing a great job without having much dialogue.  You really feel for her because now she's really feeling what its like to not have a family.  And I hate that she's separated from the boys, especially Mike and then she seems him smile at Max.

Dart's going to be a problem and I can't believe Dustin has gotten so attached to it as a pet, especially when Will said it was the upside down.  This is not going to end well.

Bob's advice was fine in 99.9% of cases.  It was Will's unique case that it was the absolute wrong advice for him.  Joyce acts like such the helicopter worry too much parent, but then she finds things like the shadow creature on the VHS tape and she's exactly right.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:54 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Billy continues to be a dick and is now claiming that Max isn't actually his sister.  Really want to know what the deal is between them.

WHY is Billy such a jerk? What is he doing in Indiana, anyway? Can't he just go back to California?

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:18 PM, Addlepated said:

I don't trust Bob.  Not even a little bit.  That scene where Nancy calls Barb's mom and there's a shot of someone listening in?  I think that's Bob.  He's also the one who gave Will the 100% wrong advice about how to deal with his visions.

I hope this is not true. I didn't recognize Sean Astin at first but I would hate for the faithful Samwise to end up being a baddie.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:06 PM, tennisgurl said:

Dart is actually pretty adorable for a tiny little abomination from a dark universe. Dustin the pet owner is quite adorable, even if this probably isn't going to end well. Although, the thought of Dustin taking a full grown  Demogorgon out on walks with a big collar and a leash is a pretty great mental imagine. 

"Tiny little abomination from a dark universe" is right. Interesting how it HATED Will but didn't mind Dustin in the least.

• Love 2
On 11/4/2017 at 9:38 PM, SparklesBitch said:

I’m really enjoying the two cops that Hop is working with, they’re an amusing addition.

14 hours ago, mahree said:

They were in last season, too.

My favorite thing was when one of them found out Hopper had slept with the librarian.

• Love 2

I loved Dustin's mom in this episode.

Dart is so small when Dustin get him out of the trash can how did he make so much noise in it also in the trap when Dustin is talking with his mom? I mean he's about the size of a tube of Chap Stick lol.

The noise Dart is making reminds me of Gizmo from Gremlins.

Bob is such a great guy he was only trying to help Will. Poor Will :-(

Billy makes it too easy to hate him!

Nancy looked really pretty and not hungover at all when she was talking to Steve.

I know the last post was years ago, but what this particular episode was all about was idiot plotting. Y'know, for the plot to advance, the characters have to be idiots. Eleven's being held prisoner, Nancy informing on what happened to Barb, Dustin and the baby demigorgon. All are acting like total idiots. It wasn't that way in the first season, back when Obama was President.