Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E00: Joseph's Wedding

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Marigold said:

or flipping that house?

Someone stayed with them ALL the time they worked????  No one did a Home Depot run for an hour? 

That's my thought, as well. I just can't see how she's showing that much at ~16 weeks, even if she's poking her belly out. 

• Love 3

I can guarantee you that I never uttered those words. My dad thankfully didn't a speech when he gave me away (pretty hilarious since I had already been supporting myself for over 10 years), but gave me a demure kiss on the cheek without prompting. 

Isn't that how it normally works if one walks down the aisle with a parent or two?

• Love 9
On 10/24/2017 at 10:37 AM, PradaKitty said:

Kendra's "mommy" looks as though she could be one f the older Duggar girls!  As for Kendra's dress malfunction, didn't someone say that the ruffles from her "mommy's" dress was just stuck on? Stitch-witchery, perhaps? 

I'm guessing the reason why is b/c they are only b/w 18-20 years apart.

According to this article ( link ) - in 1992 Pa Cadwell was 15. That means he was born in 1977. so today , he is 40 (2017-1977).

Kendra is the oldest. And we can "presume" Ma Caldwell is at most 40, but most likely a couple of years younger.

Kendra is 19.  

40-19 is 21 - the age Pa Caldwell was working as a mechanic and was "called into the ministry".

which brings up another point. JB&M are close to 50 right? and as they later kids take on spouses, the in-laws probably going to be much younger & fresher looking.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4

Boobchelle are 52/51. The only future inlaws that will match them in age are the parents of Jana's future spouse (JD could possibly marry much younger), or if the spouse of a middle kid is the baby of a very large brood. However, if Josie marries at, say 19, and her 21 year old hubby is the oldest in his family with parents who had him at 20ish (see Joy/Austin), there could be a 20 year age gap between the inlaws. Moochelle could possibly be old enough to be the mother of the groom's mother! LMAO

• Love 9

Yeah, I thought about her going the Jessa route, but I think she'll end up with a peer or someone just a tad older. She seems to want someone who is really settled into his profession (whatever it is, working with his hands). If she goes younger, I think it'll only be by a year or two, no more than that. 

• Love 3

I think Anna gave birth only 4 days after this wedding. It makes me wonder about the timing, what would they have done if Anna was in the hospital giving birth that night? Personally I wouldn't want to cut it that close.

Despite her size, I still don't think that Joy got pregnant before marriage. If she had married a guy who wasn't into the religion like the Duggars are, and if she was living away from home, then maybe, Otherwise, no.

Jim Bob and Michelle looked ok but I don't think they add anything to the show. Jim Bob is trying to marry his kids off as soon as possible so they'll stay on the air. But after this wedding, unless John David finds somebody, I don't think there will be any for awhile. I strongly suspect Jana will either never marry, or she will be 35 or older when she finally does. Everyone else is probably too young to marry, except I guess Josiah in addition to John David. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, CarolMK said:

Jim Bob and Michelle looked ok but I don't think they add anything to the show. Jim Bob is trying to marry his kids off as soon as possible so they'll stay on the air. But after this wedding, unless John David finds somebody, I don't think there will be any for awhile. I strongly suspect Jana will either never marry, or she will be 35 or older when she finally does. Everyone else is probably too young to marry, except I guess Josiah in addition to John David. 

the middles to younger kids, with the exception of Josie, weren't filmed as much. so for a "flashback season", there's not alot of footage to show them growing up. most of the footage is probably their birth (james on down), in someone else's wedding (usually crying) or being  chaperone. 

Josie's wedding probably would be a 3 hr - multi-episoide comeback special. What is the legal age to marry in AR? 

I think Joe was cut short by only having a 1 hour wedding episode. Did they show Jordyn -or was she the one sitting on the pew with Jackson?

If JB&M want to keep the show rolling with weddings, they need to stop hiding the kids off camera and make them "stars" in the households of the married ones. I think the 2nd set of twins have been getting air time sitting on the couch attempting to answer questions .

• Josiah Matthew    August 28, 1996    
  • Jedidiah Robert    December 30, 1998     
  • Jeremiah Robert    
  • Jason Michael    April 21, 2000    
  • James Andrew    July 7, 2001     
  • Justin Samuel    November 15, 2002    
  • Jackson Levi    May 23, 2004     
  • Johannah Faith    October 11, 2005 
  • Jennifer Danielle     August 2, 2007     
  • Jordyn-Grace Makiya    December 18, 2008
  • Josie Brooklyn[]   December 10, 2009
Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
On 10/23/2017 at 11:18 PM, Whyyouneedaname said:

Jana telling Joe she needed to touch him up a bit, would have been such a motherly moment for a mom to sorta baby her son for the last time before he's married off, presumably an adult man, however it lsadly looked fitting for Jana to do this. 

Especially considering when Joshley got married Michelle sqealed about shaving his neck as one of the last motherly things she would do for him. She couldnt even muster up the words "Don't go to bed angry" without sounding like she had a head injury.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Boobchelle are 52/51. The only future inlaws that will match them in age are the parents of Jana's future spouse (JD could possibly marry much younger), or if the spouse of a middle kid is the baby of a very large brood. However, if Josie marries at, say 19, and her 21 year old hubby is the oldest in his family with parents who had him at 20ish (see Joy/Austin), there could be a 20 year age gap between the inlaws. Moochelle could possibly be old enough to be the mother of the groom's mother! LMAO

This math is pretty frightening. I guess that is what happens when you spend 20 years popping out kids. 

I cringe at myself for thinking that Kendra's parents are attractive, but here I am, admitting that the Pastor is HOT. 

• Love 1

It is quite frightening to think if Josie married the eldest son of a young-married couple, the years between her parents and her husband's parents would be quite unusual.

Michelle would feel like the old hag she aspires to dress like now.

• Love 6
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:10 PM, sATL said:

I wonder if Kendra giggling, which reminded me of a bunch of middle schoolers, continued during the wedding night, when the final act was about to start.

I'm thinking yes. I imagined it also continued 20 seconds later when the final act culminated and suddenly felt wetness down there . . . .

• Love 4
On 10/23/2017 at 9:56 PM, Baby Button Eyes said:

Now I know why JimBob is marrying off his kids so rapidly after post-Josh scandal. It's because these wedding episodes are the only time he and Michelle get so much face time and opportunity to pontificate to the audience again. It's all about them in these episodes and a chance to show off the younger kids since they don't have their old show.

Kendra's laugh is annoying.  And I started to fast forward when her dad started talking forever and it felt like a boring type talk I used to hear at church myself!

Thank you for saying this! Kendra's laugh was very annoying. At first I thought, well she's very young and probably nervous but the more she laughed, the more irritating it became. Her conversation with her Dad would have been more tolerable if she didn't speak so fast. I started to fast forward through the episode and then finally gave up and just changed the channel.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I haven't heard, but I'm guessing asshole Boob will finagle another season.  Mr. Snake Oil Salesman and all.  

He and Meeeechelle just love that camera in their faces.  Barf.

yeah - I think he will beg and win for another season. Here are a few possible episodes (feel free to add to the list):

• Joy's life as a new mother . seeing her lose the pregnancy weight, while slinging a hammer or a paint brush on a flip house,  would be worth a watch.
  •  Jill/Derrick baby #2, after a long labor just after returning from some dangerous off-shore land being a "missionary"
  • Ben and Jessa trying to deal with infants/toddlers and probably working on a 3rd or an adoption. Ben "finding" a friend who we wouldn't think would be part of his circle, or visiting the rapper from two seasons ago.
  • Jinger and Jerrmey trying to learn Spanish , and entertaining visiting duggars in their new house, Dealing with pressure on producing Baaaabbeee Jr.
  •  Joe and Kendra, pre-wedding prep. Ma Caldwell crying over her wedding dress being cut for Kendra's dress, and we get to see the scotch tape used. I would like to see the thought process of Jana "MacGyver" Duggar grabbing a sewing machine before heading to the church - who does that ??
  • and season finale - Joe and Kendra wedding

What's sad is TLC doesn't seem to be in too big of a hurry to find another family to replace the Duggars. Surely in all of america, there has to be another family with "16 and counting " children. Surely this show still can't be the cash-cow for TLC that it once was. TLC seems to be doing pretty good finding families of multiples.

Speaking of being a volunteer/missionary work - just how much did Derrick do for the people effected by Hurricane Harvey/ Irma and the wildfires in CA ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, sATL said:

•  Joe and Kendra, pre-wedding prep. Ma Caldwell crying over her wedding dress being cut for Kendra's dress, and we get to see the scotch tape used. I would like to see the thought process of Jana "MacGyver" Duggar grabbing a sewing machine before heading to the church - who does that ??

Someone who's smart and resourceful and has been around fundies and their weddings. I was a figure skater and there was one skating mom who sewed her daughter's dresses and always brought her machine with her to competitions. She saved more asses over the years, including those of her daughter's competitors, and made some nice side cash by sewing up a snapped seam or zipper that decided to break at the last minute. It's not the same as a wedding, but I was at a wedding where the bride's zipper broke, and there was no help in sight. So when someone knows his or her way around a sewing machine and is involved in a function where fashion is important, it makes total sense for the person to bring the machine along. 

• Love 9

I thought Kendra's mother should have been more involved before the ceremony, after all, it was HER daughter getting married. Why didn't she think to bring a sewing machine. It' wasn't Jana's responsibility, but it was MS. RENEE'S. Why wasn't she sewing the gown together before the ceremony? After all, isn't that HER responsibility? Who has the owner of a wedding dress shop, in another state, personally deliver and attend her clients' weddings? I'd like to know if she attends all weddings and delivers that level of service for everyone? If not, why not? The Duggars get special attention???I thought they were MODEST.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

Since my DVR didn't record, did anyone notice if Jessa looked pregnant? 

Mercifully little Jessa in the episode. I didn't notice though. Joy surely did though, as I'm sure you've seen and heard by now. 

• Love 3

Ms Renee' was on the episode, at the church before the ceremony 'primping' Kendra...but she didn't have the necessary items to fix the falling apart ruffle under Kendra's gown...Jana???brought a sewing machine? Why not Ms. Renee'? That's her area.

• Love 8
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:42 AM, Quof said:

So Father Kendra gives Joe a full on hug (not even a Man Hug, you know, with the slapping on the back so it doesn't feel good to touch another man). But his own daughter only gets a side hug.

It's a fundie thing.  My beloved uncle, who was once one of the most sane and fun-loving people I knew (and was also big on conspiracy theories) suddenly found religion.  He now gives side-hugs.  Bleh.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 5:58 AM, floridamom said:

I'm quite convinced that the TTH is a dirty, smelly mess of a place. Those boy are packed in there like sardines in a can. THREE tiered bunk beds? They are all slobs and it starts with the parents. I'm sure they all don't shower daily either. This is why Jessa's house is what it is...I'm sure Jill isn't far behind..if she could stay in one place long enough.

Sadly, we tend to pick that up from our parents.  My mother's mother wasn't a great housekeeper.  My mother was not a great housekeeper.  I wasn't either, but I forced myself to learn.  I still have a few bad habits, including a room in my house that just doesn't look like I want it to, but as soon as I can raise about $500, I can re-do that room, and it will look nicer.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Are we sure Ms. Renee sold Kendra her dress? I don’t remember hearing that. Just because the Duggar sisters use her, that  doesn’t mean the Caldwell sisters choose to. 

Yes, it was mentioned that she used iron-on tape (whatever it's called) to attach the piece of Kendra's mom's dress. 

• Love 1

Yes, thank goodness. I imagine we get a break until January or so, given that they only put out 7 or 8 episodes per "season." By contrast, the Bateses' season goes on FOREVER but are also currently on sabbatical until January. That will be the Season of Tori and Carlin, which I think will be far more interesting than the Season of Joe (not likely to get Sammy's birth). 

• Love 1
On 10/29/2017 at 6:16 AM, floridamom said:

I thought Kendra's mother should have been more involved before the ceremony, after all, it was HER daughter getting married. Why didn't she think to bring a sewing machine. It' wasn't Jana's responsibility, but it was MS. RENEE'S. Why wasn't she sewing the gown together before the ceremony? After all, isn't that HER responsibility? Who has the owner of a wedding dress shop, in another state, personally deliver and attend her clients' weddings? I'd like to know if she attends all weddings and delivers that level of service for everyone? If not, why not? The Duggars get special attention???I thought they were MODEST.

Well, they warranted special attention. But in her view I guess they didn't warrant enough special attention for her to worry about fixing the dress SHE made that was disintegrating BEFORE the ceremony. ... So I guess she's just a famewhore, right? And if she's a famewhore, then I'd say they're not modest. Jana might be. Dragging in the sewing machine certainly showed more of that "servant's heart" we're always hearing about than most of the rest that they show. 

• Love 10
On 10/31/2017 at 1:26 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Yes, thank goodness. I imagine we get a break until January or so, given that they only put out 7 or 8 episodes per "season." By contrast, the Bateses' season goes on FOREVER but are also currently on sabbatical until January. That will be the Season of Tori and Carlin, which I think will be far more interesting than the Season of Joe (not likely to get Sammy's birth). 

I think what also heps the bates is that their shows are only 30 minutes. Gil and Kelly can joke, be serious while also being encouraging and biblical.  And they show those cute youngest boys - jeb & judson doing or saying something funny. its the little ones that can make a person laugh.  it is fun just to watch them grow,  The duggers biggest asset (selling point) was their 19 kids, and they don't show the little ones. I think the last time I heard the 2nd and 3rd last girl speak was Jessa wedding.  Seeing a bunch of 20-somethings doesn't take long to get dull unless there is mainstream drama.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, sATL said:

Seeing a bunch of 20-somethings doesn't take long to get dull unless there is mainstream drama.

Very true, especially when those 20-somethings are lacking in the brains, talent and charm department. 

• Love 11

I just watched this hot mess of a show.  I’ve been watching since the first specials on TLC (how many hours of my life have I wasted watching this drivel).  I mostly watch for snark factor.  I found this wedding special deeply disturbing on many levels.

- Kendra calling her parents Mommy and Daddy was shocking at first but made sense when I thought of how she has been basically treated as a toddler her entire life. She’s only 19 and looks like she is in her 30s and matronly they way she dresses.

- Her Dad basically called her his precious prize or whatever crap he said and telling everyone how great she cooks and takes care of kids.  Barf.

- Pastor Caldwell is FINE and the mom is pretty but how did they produce such a hideous specimen as Kendra?  Sorry, she is not cute with her witchy nose and chinless face.  The first thing I noticed about her was her lack of chin.

- Joy has totally let herself go since she got married.  She’s only like 3 months pregnant in this episode and her ass widened considerably already?  She couldn’t muster the energy to put in contacts for the wedding, but wore those black rimmed glasses?  Seriously?  She was a bridesmaid and ruined those pics.

- All of those frumpy girls with ratty, split end hair!  Jessa with those old brown sandals- are those the only shoes she owns?  Jana looked the best out of everyone, including the bride.

- Joe’s hair?  Did he even look in the mirror?

• Love 5

Does anyone know what Joe is doing for a living now that he is married?  Where are they living?  Are they going to take the mold house over from Jessa and Ben? That must be getting old for Jim Slob to be housing and financing all the married couples.  When does it ever end?  I think Austin is the only one with marketable skills to earn money?

• Love 2

She couldn’t muster the energy to put in contacts for the wedding, but wore those black rimmed glasses?  Seriously?  She was a bridesmaid and ruined those pics.

At the very least, she could have taken them off for the pictures.  I used to do it for my school photos.  Too bad I couldn't take my braces off, too.

• Love 1

The glasses themself are fine- I don’t have a problem with them.  It’s just that they contribute to her overall sloppy/frumpy appearance and that she couldn’t be bothered to put in her contacts for the wedding (I don’t even know if she wears contacts).  I’ve never seen her wear glasses, ever?  It’s like now that she’s married and pregnant, she totally let herself go - she makes zero effort and if she was a bridesmaid in my wedding I’d be really pissed with the frumpy look.  At baseline, she looks unwashed and smelly.  I can’t get the image of those black soles of her feet out of my mind ?

• Love 4

She got glasses years ago but rarely wears them for some reason (probably because she was led to believe they detract from her "countenance," which makes me stabby). I thought they were fine and was happy to see her actually wanting to be able to see, for once. (I was also mocked for my glasses when I was young so I am a bit sensitive on this topic.)

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 15
22 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Being able to see is a very nice thing even when you are  just having your picture  taken . 

A small  bit of consideration  (taking off your glasses)  is a nice thing to do when taking a wedding picture.

I think it's a YMMV, as I know I looked sloppy and frumpy in mine pre-Lasik.  My eyes are small (been objectively quantified by third parties) and behind glasses, as my prescription was fairly bad (-6.0 in one eye), said eyes needed to be wholly covered and shrank even further behind them, which did not help. I think Joy looks good in hers though.

• Love 1