Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E12: There’s Snow Business like Sew Business

Drogo
  • Start Topic

The runway is converted into a Winter Wonderland as the designers are tasked with creating a winter-themed look that will decide who goes to NY Fashion Week and who gets left out in the cold. Guest judge is Katie Holmes.

When did the show become anti-fur, I wonder.  I know Kara Saun's collection way back in season 1 was pretty heavy on fur.  Maybe when they moved to Lifetime?  I dunno, I'm not really surprised that the show has that stance, I'm just a little surprised that in this day and age a designer on this show would be given the budget to afford it AND actually consider using it.

This challenge seems so tailor-made for Brandon's aesthetic that I'm actually going to hazard a guess that this is the challenge where he winds up on the bottom.

You know, I don't actually hate Margarita, I don't think she sucks as a person, but holy hell she is annoying.

Edited by DasFlavorPup
  • Love 9

How does Margarita not know she can't use fur?  Granted, I, and other viewers I'm sure, probably didn't know that, but I'm sure it's in the rules that are laid out for them at the beginning of the season.  Like not taking supplies out of the workroom, lol.

Amended: Tim (and I guess everyone else on the show) apparently never told the contestants they were a non-fur show.  So Margarita is still annoying and the producers are still eyeroll-inducing, aka, nothing new in the end.

Edited by SpiralRadish
  • Love 8

I wish by this point in the contest Tim didn’t consult with the designers   We should be able to see what the actual designers can come up with on their own.  Both he and the judges have given them criticisms and suggestions now they need to use that info and their own ideas for this final garment. 

• Love 19

When did this turn into The Margarita Show?  Enough already!

So far...Kenya’s fabric is awful, Brandon is doing Brandon, not sure about Ayana...or Kentaro.  I can’t be bothered with little miss faux fur.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, DasFlavorPup said:

Can someone explain to me why the hell you'd wear a midriff-exposing outfit in winter?

At least she had a coat over it. I kept thinking Kentaro's model would have awfully cold legs! Some tights would have fixed that. 

• Love 11
53 minutes ago, DasFlavorPup said:

When did the show become anti-fur, I wonder.  I know Kara Saun's collection way back in season 1 was pretty heavy on fur.  Maybe when they moved to Lifetime?  I dunno, I'm not really surprised that the show has that stance, I'm just a little surprised that in this day and age a designer on this show would be given the budget to afford it AND actually consider using it.

This challenge seems so tailor-made for Brandon's aesthetic that I'm actually going to hazard a guess that this is the challenge where he winds up on the bottom.

You know, I don't actually hate Margarita, I don't think she sucks as a person, but holy hell she is annoying.

I would be shocked if Brandon was on the bottom because I usually abhor his fashions, but this one is halfway decent. Still wouldn't wear it, but I see the design and style in it at least. Everything else he's made just baffles me and I call bs on Heidi and those guest judges who fawn over his stuff because if they wore it they'd be on the worst dressed lists. 

I don't get why fur is not allowed since I'm pretty sure they've used leather, am I wrong? Are cows killed kindly to make leather?

2 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I live in the Midwest, winter is coming (Jon Snow voice), trust me, you don't wear crop tops and shorts when the temperature hits single digits. 

Well you take off the coats and you're in Texas. 

I really liked Ayana's coat but what was with that circus jumper? Yikes! And I hated the styling with the hat. It just brought it down.

I was disappointed in Kenya. I usually love her stuff, but I thought the coat was pretty standard that you could find a lot of places. And I have no problem with mixing colors and patterns, but I wasn't into the shirt at all and I didn't get the combo. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, agirlreading said:

I would be shocked if Brandon was on the bottom because I usually abhor his fashions, but this one is halfway decent.

Yeah, I amended my opinion as the show went on - the coat is great, but I stand by my opinion that there's way too much torso exposed for a winter look.

• Love 7