Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Simon47

"Help! What song is this?"

Recommended Posts

I am loving the theme song for Merriam Webster's Word of the Day podcasts, but I want to know what the name of the song is, the name of the artist, and where I can find it. I was searching and searching for this lovely jazz music on the Internet, but unfortunately, I couldn't find the correct source. Is there anywhere (on YouTube or just in general) where I can find this music? Can someone ask the artist? I will appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post

17 minutes ago, Simon47 said:

I am loving the theme song for Merriam Webster's Word of the Day podcasts, but I want to know what the name of the song is, the name of the artist, and where I can find it. I was searching and searching for this lovely jazz music on the Internet, but unfortunately, I couldn't find the correct source. Is there anywhere (on YouTube or just in general) where I can find this music? Can someone ask the artist? I will appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Have you tried using Shazam on it?

Share this post


Link to post

Their website says "Theme music by Joshua Stamper ©2006 New Jerusalem Music/ASCAP". I couldn't find any music online from him back that far though.

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, I have a couple that I heard on a 'classic' radio station. By that I mean songs that are old, but often not actually good. I heard them when I couldn't get away. The first is a female singer, something about blue sky up above. Not by Carolyn Dawn Johnson. The second is a male singer. Leave me to drown in a pool of tears. I may be wrong about the lyrics to both of these. Not much to go on, I know.

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Joe said:

 The second is a male singer. Leave me to drown in a pool of tears.

Is it this one?

 

Also, is the music from one basic decade or two or are you hearing songs from the 60s-90s? Is it classic rock or do you also hear pop and disco?

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Is it this one?

 

Also, is the music from one basic decade or two or are you hearing songs from the 60s-90s? Is it classic rock or do you also hear pop and disco?

Yes, that's it! And the era is 60s, 70s, 80s. A bit of everything, but most of it is irritatingly bland and certainly not worthy of the title classic.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Joe said:

Yes, that's it! And the era is 60s, 70s, 80s. A bit of everything, but most of it is irritatingly bland and certainly not worthy of the title classic.

Yeah, the chorus is the only thing that I sort of like about it.  It's catchy.  If it's satellite radio than classic just means old and they play anything from those eras on some stations.  I can't think of anything from the other song you referenced.  If you can think of anything else about it, let us know. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Yeah, the chorus is the only thing that I sort of like about it.  It's catchy.  If it's satellite radio than classic just means old and they play anything from those eras on some stations.  I can't think of anything from the other song you referenced.  If you can think of anything else about it, let us know. 

Okay, this is my perception. She was singing downhill, if that makes any sense. Some songs have a particular rhythm. To Mega Therion sounds like galloping. This one sounded downhill.

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Anduin said:

Anyone know the music in this clip?

Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now

Regular Version
 

 

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now

Regular Version
 

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post

Another one. You'll Be Back, from Hamilton. The Dad Da Da bits remind me of... something. I've started plugging away at my classic rock collection, so I might find it eventually. But does anyone know?

 

Share this post


Link to post

11 minutes ago, janie jones said:

@Anduin The very first part of the "da da da" part made me think of the Jason Mraz song "Lucky," but the rest of that part doesn't really.

I have a theory. If it was a straight rip, everyone would say it was a straight rip. But bits and pieces seem to be taken from a lot of things, which is why I've seen all kinds of responses when looking elsewhere. But there's one particular track that I have in mind, that hasn't been mentioned yet. It'll come to me eventually.

Share this post


Link to post

This is a really random one (and at the wrong time of year), I've got a song stuck in my head that we sung in a UK Nativity Play about 20+ years ago, and I'm trying to find it to actually listen to the thing, but google isn't turning up anything with the (heavily paraphrased) lyrics I can think of:

"Get out, move on, and leave us alone
We don't need no scruffy neighbours moving in next door
Take all your […] and your […] instead
Go ahead get out of here there's no place here for you"

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm not sure if it's from a specific play or a normal song just used in it (we had Doctor Who in Nativity once, and I'm pretty sure we used 'Close Every Door' from Joseph so anything could happen).

I feel like I've found it once before a long time ago on Google but I can't find it now, so maybe I'm completely mis-remembering the lyrics.

 

Aha, I found it. It's 'Get Out! Move On!' from 'The Late Wise Men' nativity. I was fairly close with the lyrics too, they were just a little mixed up

Edited by Hybridcookie

Share this post


Link to post

Something similar to Kanye West's Runaway, except with different lyrics or different emphasis. Maybe a female singer? Like, the same tune? I have the feeling I actually have this song, but nothing likely pops up for Runaway.

Update: I figured it out. Kiki Bello playing Despacio. Hooray, I got one for once! :)

Edited by Anduin

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size