Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: The Public Shaming Of Melissa

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Maybe Delores thinks that about Teresa (who doesn't??) but she would not be dumb enough to admit it to Danielle of all people.  Unless she counted on Danielle repeating it and figured nobody would believe the crazy woman.

Danielle did bring it up to Dolores' face...so there's that

• Love 5

Danielle Staub has a horrible reputation for being divisive, stirring the pot and spinning lies.  She was fired from the show the first time and obviously is desperate for a full time HW paycheck.  She has said MUCH WORSE about Teresa.

• Love 18

In the spirit of CAKE... Guy @ work turned 40 today and  had THREE CAKES!!! One was a margarita cake with lemon drizzle (really moist and delicious), Second, chocolate with chocolate frosting (yummy, and quite fabulous) and third, banana split cake with vanilla cream frosting (really good, but OMG! MY BELLY!) Jeebus! Had we had ONE MORE FREAKING CAKE the entire place would have gone into a diabetic coma!

Oh~ and we ate steak for lunch. Did I mention I work in healthcare? Good thing, huh?

Theresa , as we all know, is not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.  The whole business with Danielle is another example.  She and Delores have known one another over 20 years.  We KNOW that Theresa is all about the $$$$, woman went to the BIG HOUSE over it. HUSBAND IS THERE NOW.  Like really?? She's pissed that Delores noticed that shit?

• Love 12

Hmmmmm.....

Margaret Josephs‏ @MargaretJosephs  2h2 hours ago

Meanwhile @daniellestaub is calm, cool, and collected. That looks like confidence to me

@MargaretJosephs

FollowFollow @MargaretJosephs

Tables are truly turned @daniellestaub, aren’t they?? Stick to your guns, girl

@MargaretJosephs  2h2 hours ago

Meanwhile, Siggy’s a church mouse. Maybe she lost her voice. #diagnosis

Bwahahaha....

@MargaretJosephs  2h2 hours ago

Remember when Siggy was afraid of coming to my party bc she was scared I’d humiliate her in front of my friends?@melissagorga @daniellestaub

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 17

I truly hope they're not going to make Teresa and Melissa feud again.  I'm really enjoying them being friends because I believe family should be close, even in-laws.  I have a sister-in-law who gets to me sometimes too but I try to keep a good relationship with her because I don't want to alienate my brother.  At the end of the day, she's family and if he loves her, I like her!  No, I'm kidding, I love her too.  LOL!  Anyway, I just hope they're not angling for another Gorga against Giudice season.

1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

I think I'll wait to make a judgement call....Dolores is close friends with Jaq, and Caroline

I believe Danielle.  Dolores doesn't seem to be very close with Teresa and I think it might have something to do with her not being brought onto the show in earlier seasons.  Maybe she thinks Teresa should have pushed for her to be a housewife as her best friend in the beginning.  Plus, she is wedged up Siggy's ass no matter how much she claims she's not.  I'm with Teresa and Joe.  If we've been friends since we were kids, why are you so loyal to someone you've only known for a year?  Something isn't right with Delores.  And what's with her new boyfriend being ok with her living with her ex husband?  Everything about Delores is off if you ask me.  I just think her and her ex are a couple of flaming famewhores!  There, I said it.  Haven't used that word in years.

• Love 24

I'm not a fan of Dolores this season, but she nailed it regarding Danielle.. She is a starving hungry bitch, and sleeping with one eye open around her is good advice.  "You're a scumbag" X 3! Go Dolores! And even if she does feel that way about Tre, I seriously doubt she'd say that to Danielle. Just watched her on WWHL and her behavior only confirms what a deeply disturbed person she is. Not exaggerating when I say she really makes my skin crawl. She is a very scary woman.

Why the hell would Soggy's son want to spend anytime talking to her? I can't even take her on my tv.  She is either certifiable or so desperate for air time that she's acting the part. She was annoying last year. This years she's unbearable.

• Love 11

Siggy's son needs to go to college far, far away from her.  Far away.  The woman is so freaking NEEDY.  And she's a self help guru? Give me a break.   We also need to all send a damned cake to Siggy.  She was so rude to Melissa.  And she was afraid how Margaret would be rude to HER at the party Margaret had?  Margaret doesn't give a flying fuck about that cake.  Teresa did have a valid point - they ate the cake.  They weren't going to maw on that thing all night.  Maybe a couple of bites by everyone and they were done.  They all have to fit in their designer duds and bikinis after all.  It was going in the trash anyhow.  Why is she wanting Melissa to apologize?  She didn't throw the cake across the room (patio/wharf/dock - outdoor eating area).  She ruined Melissa's little party by being a total baby.

I took Melissa's saying something to Teresa re: her kids manipulating her as in she was worried that Teresa was going to do stuff (zip lining or whatever it was she wasn't thrilled to do) that was going to push her to her limits.  Like Teresa is doing anything for her kids, plus her dad is there, plus she's still grieving for her mom, Joe is away at college.........she's got to put herself first at some point, and say no I need to take care of me, so there's enough left for me to take care of you all.  Just like wearing the damned seat belt.  If something happened to her, then the kids would go to either Joe's family or I guess with Joe & Melissa?  And her dad couldn't take it.  She said just say no or not give in all the time.  She didn't say Teresa is a rotten parent.  Of course, Teresa takes it all the wrong way, and maybe Melissa could've phrased it better.  

Joe buying that restaurant is crazy.  Just crazy, but I think he did it as a way of dealing with the loss of his mom.  Keep busy and you don't have to think about it.  And oh it'll be great for the family.  Yeah, except I don't think it will.

Don't trust Danielle.  Dolores may be a nutbag, but yeah I don't set her saying that Danielle of all people.  Unless Dolores was like I need to be controversial, so let me say shit to Danielle, who will take this and run with it.  Dolores is right that Danielle needs to be on the show; maybe she doesn't need the money, but girlfriend sure wants the fame.  And even if Danielle was so calm, yeah the real crazy ones are calm as they execute their plans.  I agree, Danielle is out for revenge - if possible.  Her first goal is to be back on tv full time.  I think long run, if she could, she'd love to get Teresa and Melissa off the show - then she'd be the OG.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Maire said:

What did Danielle do for money since she was last on the show? Certainly not a real job. 

Didn't her daughter get picked up by a modeling agency not long after her season?  I remember her daughter being really beautiful.  Danielle has probably been living off of her or being her "Mamager" tm Sheree Whitfield.

• Love 4

If Siggy pulled that shit with me, I would have attempted to rip off her head in front of all of her guests. 

I would too. I am not a violent person, but that was a shitty thing to do to someone. Also, Delores just stood there and did not try to diffuse or stop the situation. 

Didn't her daughter get picked up by a modeling agency not long after her season?  I remember her daughter being really beautiful.  Danielle has probably been living off of her or being her "Mamager" tm Sheree Whitfield.

I thought Frankie went to talk to Danielle's daughter about modeling as well. I have no idea if Danielle's daughter still models. I thought last season, maybe during the reunion, it was mentioned that Frankie does some modeling. That is one of the reasons why I thought he might not be interested in going to college, because he is pursuing modeling.

I really hope there isn't going to be another Teresa/Melissa feud. I could see both sides in the argument. I do not have kids, but I have seen some parents not respond well when someone gives them parenting advice. I do not think Melissa was being malicious though. I really hope this does not cause some big rift.

Ugh. Siggy is so exhausting. I can see why Josh does not want to talk to her about what is going on in his life, especially on camera. Has there been an episode this season where Siggy has not cried?

I am actually believing Danielle about what Delores said. I do believing it is possible that she may have mellowed since the last time she appeared on the show. Siggy seemed very quiet when Danielle brought up what Delores said, which is one of the reasons why I think it is possible that Delores said what she did. Siggy may have already heard it before from her. Also, I thought Delores' reaction was over the top for her.

If Margaret continues to be anti-Siggy I may love her.

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

If Margaret continues to be anti-Siggy I may love her.

I agree!  I just can't with the pigtails though.  They're hideous.  Margaret is truly her mother's clone.  The younger photos of her mother looked just like her now.  If her husband wants to know what she will look like in a few years, he only has to look at Margaret's mom. 

• Love 11

I think the concept of throwing food in a restaurant for any reason is a breach of civility is lost on Teresa and Melissa.  It might be different I they decided to have the food fight in their own home with the birthday cake.  It shouldn't take a show of hands to get the concept across.  

Teresa's youngest two are misbehaved.  They are old enough to know better and Teresa and needs to get it under control sooner rather than later.  Melissa however was on thin ice offering her opinion about the girls.  Gabriella resembles Bella Hadid.   She sure has a different look than her sisters and so incredibly well behaved.

Ugh Danielle.  She just doesn't seem credible.   There is nothing remotely interesting about her.

• Love 14

I think Melissa meant well when she was talking to Tre about her kids. But I seem to remember that what started all the trouble between Tre and Kathy (ugh) was her remark about  Audriana being left unattended at the christening from hell. Tre lives for those girls and Melissa needs to "back that shit up" if she wants their relationship to stay in a good place. Those kids are doing just fine considering.  Milania's soft side has really been coming out, with Joe now away. I'd be pissed too if someone, even a relative, told me my kids were manipulative (even though they were lol). You don't criticize people's kids or their parenting. Even if you're coming from a good place.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

I think Melissa meant well when she was talking to Tre about her kids. But I seem to remember that what started all the trouble between Tre and Kathy (ugh) was her remark about  Audriana being left unattended at the christening from hell. Tre lives for those girls and Melissa needs to "back that shit up" if she wants their relationship to stay in a good place. Those kids are doing just fine considering.  Milania's soft side has really been coming out, with Joe now away. I'd be pissed too if someone, even a relative, told me my kids were manipulative (even though they were lol). You don't criticize people's kids or their parenting. Even if you're coming from a good place.

I agree, but I don't think that's how the whole beef with Kathy and Tre started. I think what started it was Kathy's husband (Richie) giving Tre so much shit. Tre doesn't like that shit, she didn't wanna be around it and with that and Kathy is associated with him by default, since he's her husband. Kathy's comment about her child being left unattended didn't help matters, tho. But I think, overall, Tre just wanted to be done with the Wakiles bc of Richie. 

I agree with you about Melissa, though, I think she meant well, but personally, I wouldn't have said anything if I were her. I have some friends who are single mothers and they're similar to Tre in that they let their kid do everything and get away with everything, no discipline, and then their kids are little brats who are totally unpleasant to be around. But I never say shit. Not my place. 

Being a disciplinarian doesn't come naturally to most women, IMO, it's generally something men are better at. In Melissa's house, that's not the case, it seems like she's more the disciplinarian than Joe, it comes more naturally to her, maybe bc she was a teacher before this, so she knows how to handle multiple kids at once and stay consistent/firm, while also being calm.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Siggy looks like she has a mole on her lip but all I see is herpes...ewww. I just can't unsee it. 

Hey!  I have that same beauty mark, although the opposite side of my mouth, and I have absolutely no strains of herpes.  In fact, it's gotten me some unwanted attention.  I do not have injected lips, so maybe that makes a difference?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, tinaw said:

I think that makes sense. I just don't understand why Melissa gets the brunt of it

Melissa got the "brunt" bc she'd just told Teresa she needed to be stricter w/her kids and Teresa was insulted by that. Melissa meant well, but Tre doesn't like any criticism, even constructive criticism, never has. So it's not like it came outta nowhere. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

I'm not a fan of Dolores this season, but she nailed it regarding Danielle.. She is a starving hungry bitch, and sleeping with one eye open around her is good advice.  "You're a scumbag" X 3! Go Dolores! And even if she does feel that way about Tre, I seriously doubt she'd say that to Danielle. Just watched her on WWHL and her behavior only confirms what a deeply disturbed person she is. Not exaggerating when I say she really makes my skin crawl. She is a very scary woman.

Why the hell would Soggy's son want to spend anytime talking to her? I can't even take her on my tv.  She is either certifiable or so desperate for air time that she's acting the part. She was annoying last year. This years she's unbearable.

oooh I haven't seen the WWHL episode. I'm gonna watch now

4 hours ago, nexxie said:

That scene with Siggy on the floor yelling, “That’s all I wanted,” cracked me up when seen in previews without context - but what a sucky thing to do to Melissa at the ugly-purse party.

Both Siggy and Tre were taking revenge on Melissa in this episode.

That's what the name of this episode should be!

• Love 4

I don't know ... Delores's reaction to what T said has me believing her over Danielle. I just can't see Delores saying that to Danielle. Plus Danielle has a history of being, um, freaking batshit cray-cray! Delores may be boring and a doormat, but I think she still has some loyalty to Teresa. 

And speaking of cray... Siggy. Ugh I cannot with her loud voice, dramatics and waterworks. That comment she made about her son coming out of her cookie was vile. I truly feel sorry for the woman who does marry her son. She's gonna make their life a living hell.  

Any point she may have had about them throwing the cake is long gone; drowned in her endless tears, bitching and making herself the victim. The public shaming of Melissa made her look more ridiculous and unstable than she already did.

Teresa getting all defensive and up in her feelings about Melissa's parenting comment was classic Tre. Glad to see that time in jail - and all that yoga ya practice - has made you more introspective. Never change, girl! 

There's really nobody to root for on this show anymore. Maybe there never was? 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 11
34 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

I don't know ... Delores's reaction to what T said has me believing her over Danielle. I just can't see Delores saying that to Danielle. Plus Danielle has a history of being, um, freaking batshit cray-cray! Delores may be boring and a doormat, but I think she still has some loyalty to Teresa. 

And speaking of cray... Siggy. Ugh I cannot with her loud voice, dramatics and waterworks. That comment she made about her son coming out of her cookie was vile. I truly feel sorry for the woman who does marry her son. She's gonna make their life a living hell.  

Any point she may have had about them throwing the cake is long gone; drowned in her endless tears, bitching and making herself the victim. The public shaming of Melissa made her look more ridiculous and unstable than she already did.

Teresa getting all defensive and up in her feelings about Melissa's parenting comment was classic Tre. Glad to see that time in jail - and all that yoga ya practice - has made you more introspective. Never change, girl! 

There's really nobody to root for on this show anymore. Maybe there never was? 

Absolutely!  And the look on Danielle's face?  It was almost as if she were saying to Dolores:  Come on, now.  You know I had to do it - it's in my nature.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

Gabriella is a doll and Gia is turning out to be a fine young woman.

Yeah what is up with Gabriella?  She seems so quiet and thoughtful and doesn't look like the rest of the family - was she left at their doorstep as an infant? LOL

Gia is turning out really well despite her parents as well.  I also feel this season like she's over the whole reality show deal.  She doesn't appear in many scenes which feature her siblings and I'm guessing it's by choice.

• Love 5

Okay. I cannot stand Siggy. She is awful. She is a loud, obnoxious, self-involved, attention-seeking narcissist. But....I just want to say - small voice - I think Dolores may be worse. 

Hear me out. Everyone thinks Dolores is just Siggy's yes-woman. But I think she's so much more. I think this woman is low key shady as hell. First example - look at how happy Siggy was after her meeting with Margaret. She was telling Dolores how Margaret showed a "human side" and realized how "sensitive" Siggy was and was going to try and be more aware of that. And first thing Dolores says isn't, "I'm happy you guys made up" or "I'm glad to see you're feeling better about things". No. It's, "I don't trust her". And next thing you know, Siggy is back to talking smack about Margaret. 

Fast forward to the end of the episode and the stuff with Danielle. Danielle tells everyone that Dolores was shit talking Tre. And I believe it. Look how OTT Dolores's reaction was. If she hadn't said it, she could just laugh it off and roll her eyes. But she went Defcon 4 - "You're a fucking scumbag!!!!" Then, watch how she suddenly turned the topic of conversation from whether or not she said those things, to - "why is Danielle back?" She's going on and on about the past and how Danielle must be here to get revenge on Tre. She becomes so overdramatic - "Teresa, I'm afraid for you." And no one is thinking about that money-lover conversation any more, I can tell you that. 

Yea, Dolores is a snake and I don't trust her. At least Siggy's craziness is right out there on front street. 

I can see some real cracks in the Tre-Melissa friendship. They're back to taking passive aggressive shots at each other. FTR, I don't think what Mel said about the kids was a dig. I think she genuinely thought she was trying to help. But Tre always gets so damn defensive. If you're close with someone, you should be able to take constructive criticism from them. I actually really like when they're getting along. SO I hope things don't continue to derail. Especially for the kids. Poor Milania seems to really be suffering. I just want good things for those girls. 

And I don't like Tre having to pry into Milania's emails with her dad. Let her have something just for her. 

Poor Gorga Sr. I think he may want to go back to being lonely in his old house. 

• Love 22
10 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

I'm loving Marg Senior  # grandmagoals!

#imnotafraidofthings

10 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Pay attention, puhleaze!  (just kidding :)

For some reason, it won't let me like your post. So I just have to say - I think I love you for this comment. 

9 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Shiddy TH:

Josh is so into Deb's cookie but you know what you came out of my cookie

And she wonders why he never wants to talk to her. 

She is so wildly inappropriate. She said something similar last season, but I've (thankfully) already blacked it out. 

• Love 17
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Hey!  I have that same beauty mark, although the opposite side of my mouth, and I have absolutely no strains of herpes.  In fact, it's gotten me some unwanted attention.  I do not have injected lips, so maybe that makes a difference?

RHZ, although I find it ok to snark on these people who put themselves on reality shows, I would never personally attack or criticize you and I apologize if I brought up bad memories or hurtful thoughts. It could be her injections but I will kindly leave the subject alone now. 

• Love 1

I'm not really sure why Melissa went there with Tre about how she handles her kids.  I am pretty open to feedback, but I might be a little put out it someone decided to give me some "helpful" advice in public, outside the family setting, and on fucking national TV. And for the life of me I will not understand why Melissa "went there" with Tre when she knows just how damn prickly she is about any kind of criticism. Tre is a broke-ass ex con with a jail bird husband. All she can really feel superior about is being a super mom. That is here thing, and then there goes Melissa poking holes in the one thing Tre has. I am not defending Tre by any means, but Melissa was dumber than a box of rocks to pull that shit. Production may have made her go though to gin up some drama. 

With that said, Joe Gorga is a totally obnoxious troll. I think he went for that restaurant purchase as a passive aggressive "fuck you" to Melissa for having her own successful thing. We all know his masculine identify is so weak that he has to pull that tiresome machismo routine every two seconds. I'n sure it really galled him that wifey went out and got something reasonably successful. Saying it is for his dad just buys him cover. 

I was appalled how he ganged up with Tre when Melissa was late. Rude and obnoxious of her to be that late, but, boy, did he enjoy being part of the pile on with snide comments. I think Joe likes having his sister and wife fight over him. He could have easily just said, "Honey, it stinks you were so late. Teresa, can we move on and get some work done?" But, no, he jumped right in and kept it going. I think taht rift between Tre and Melissa could have ended a lot sooner had Joe not been egging on the conflict, subconsciously or not. FTR, I am not Melissa fan, either. She can be snotty shady bitch, but those Gorga kids seems to love to triangulate and keep the conflict going. That family is exhausting with how it seems to thrive on negative energy. 

In a side note, did anyone else feel like Siggy's purse party was more of a drag queen convention  between all the excessive plastic surgery and make up? They sure know how to apply make up with a paint brush. Not that I want to be insulting to drag queens, I like drag queens. But some of those women looked like they should have been at a costume party, not a cocktail party. 

Edited by Chickabiddy
Because I still can't type for shit.
  • Love 13

I liked the moment when Teresa's Dad was showing her how he wanted her to cook the post chops. When she was drying them with the paper towels and cooking them one at a time (to do it his way). I'm sure Tre knows how to cook them but wanted to do it her fathers way to please him. She showed great patience with him and I think that she is doing her best to be a good daughter. 

• Love 19

On the RHONY there was a lot of discussion about Tinsley cutting her hair and her penchant for outdated (out-aged) barrel curls. Last night I was noticing that Soggy has very long hair and she too had barrel curls. If age and restyling is a factor there, what are we thinking about Siggy's same choice? 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

On the RHONY there was a lot of discussion about Tinsley cutting her hair and her penchant for outdated (out-aged) barrel curls. Last night I was noticing that Soggy has very long hair and she too had barrel curls. If age and restyling is a factor there, what are we thinking about Siggy's same choice? 

You might just have a solution to cure Tinsley of barrel curls tell her she is on par with a RHNJ.  If that doesn't sober her up nothing will.

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I liked the moment when Teresa's Dad was showing her how he wanted her to cook the post chops. When she was drying them with the paper towels and cooking them one at a time (to do it his way). I'm sure Tre knows how to cook them but wanted to do it her fathers way to please him. She showed great patience with him and I think that she is doing her best to be a good daughter. 

I also loved that fact that someone in that house buys the As Seen on TV the square copper pan!

• Love 11

Oh Siggy . . . Stay away from desserts in your conversation. We're now on episode 4 of Cake-gate and now you had to introduce us to your Cookie That Begat Josh. Blergh! As ghoulina said:

58 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

And she wonders why he never wants to talk to her.

Oh Melissa . . . Tread carefully when discussing parenting.  You probably didn't mean it maliciously,  but you should have realized that uninvited public comments on Teresa's parenting might rub her the wrong way.

Oh Teresa . . . If you are annoyed with Melissa, calmly tell her so and tell her why. Don't use your brother's sudden restaurant ownership to punish Melissa for giving you unsolicited parenting tips.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think Siggy looks rediculous with those long extensions. As does Dolores, Tre and now this season Melissa. Siggy is a lot older than Tinsley and her extensions are practically down to her waist. Absurd. Why can't they do shoulder length hair? 

• Love 5

I now want to buy a cake and throw it at Siggy in a restaurant. Too bad I live in Chicago.

If I was Melissa at that ugly purse party I would have grabbed any of the food nearby and throw it at Siggy. Then Siggy can have her friends vote on whether that was good behavior or not.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 13

I think there is less than a 0% chance that Dolores said anything about Teresa to Danielle. Dolores has plenty of reason, based on her relationships with the Guidices/Gorgas and the Manzos, to not trust or like Danielle.  I think she's been treading VERY lightly around Danielle thus far on purpose because of all that history.  She may not be the smartest but I think in her world, there's way more importance placed on loyalty. Whether or not she thinks Tre is all about money, Danielle is the last person she'd say it to. She's right, Tre, and everyone else for that matter, should be really careful with Danielle. Trusting Danielle needs to be earned, it should not  be implicit. Danielle is batshit, we all know it.  We're all waiting for it to really come out. Yes Dolores's reaction was over the top but this is Jersey so it should be expected. Again back to loyalty, she sees it as a betrayal that someone she knows so well for so long would believe Danielle over her. 

Unrelated, that restaurant is 15 minutes from my house. Under the old owners, I really enjoyed the food. Once I saw the name Gorga's over the door, I refused to go again. There's not a lot of signage anyway so you wouldn't know it was there until you were right in front of it. It's on the side of a busy-ish strip mall with a Best Buy (completely at the other end), Michaels and a bunch of other places including at least 4 other places to eat. I think it's been multiple other restaurants in the past so I wouldn't expect it to last too long anyway. 

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think Tre is nice with her father, but all I could think during that cooking segment was: this is someone who has written several cookbooks!!  It didn't look like she knew what she was doing. I'd rather have her dad cook for me than Tre.  I thought it was cute when he kept saying "mama mia!"  I do feel very sad for the guy.

• Love 9

How could Joe be mad his wife was late to a meeting which he needed Teresa's family photo albums coupled with the fact that he did not bother to tell Melissa he bought a restaurant.  My confusion stems from the diners in the background eating and the cooks were working in the kitchen while Joe says he has to hurry and get this restaurant up and running.

Joe seems to have business ADD, last season didn't he buy a refrigerator truck that he would be hauling trash and what about his contracting business, real estate etc...

Funny that Teresa said she would help out doing whatever for the restaurant when she didn't want to be anywhere near Juicy Joe's pizzeria.

Siggy is an idiot for pulling that stunt, (talk about going against everything she probably writes about in her books), rehashing the cake issue when Melissa did not even throw the cake, Siggy should be embarrassed.  The big disappointment was not getting to see the goods that she invited her friends credit cards were to shop for.  I bet she told those vendors they would get some media exposure for their brands.

Anyone else think the Veuve Clicqout boxes that Melissa and Danielle brought to the party were empty?

I really want that denim shirtwaist dress Delores was wearing.

• Love 3

Melissa needs to shut it as far as parental discipline is concerned. It was not too long ago I remember seeing her kids running around the house yelling, screaming, and disrespecting both her and Joe. 

Now I will defend Melissa: If she doesn't want to work in that freakin' restaurant, she doesn't have to. She has her own business to run and 3 kids to take care of. It's not like she's laying on the couch all day eating bon bon's.  He bought the restaurant without even discussing it with her first. She owes him nothing for that. So... shut it, Tre. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

I agree, but I don't think that's how the whole beef with Kathy and Tre started. I think what started it was Kathy's husband (Richie) giving Tre so much shit. Tre doesn't like that shit, she didn't wanna be around it and with that and Kathy is associated with him by default, since he's her husband. Kathy's comment about her child being left unattended didn't help matters, tho. But I think, overall, Tre just wanted to be done with the Wakiles bc of Richie. 

I agree with you about Melissa, though, I think she meant well, but personally, I wouldn't have said anything if I were her. I have some friends who are single mothers and they're similar to Tre in that they let their kid do everything and get away with everything, no discipline, and then their kids are little brats who are totally unpleasant to be around. But I never say shit. Not my place. 

Being a disciplinarian doesn't come naturally to most women, IMO, it's generally something men are better at. In Melissa's house, that's not the case, it seems like she's more the disciplinarian than Joe, it comes more naturally to her, maybe bc she was a teacher before this, so she knows how to handle multiple kids at once and stay consistent/firm, while also being calm.

Absolutely was brewing for a long time - I mean who would want to be around the disgusting Richie, what a pig.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

How could Joe be mad his wife was late to a meeting which he needed Teresa's family photo albums coupled with the fact that he did not bother to tell Melissa he bought a restaurant.  My confusion stems from the diners in the background eating and the cooks were working in the kitchen while Joe says he has to hurry and get this restaurant up and running.

Joe seems to have business ADD, last season didn't he buy a refrigerator truck that he would be hauling trash and what about his contracting business, real estate etc...

Funny that Teresa said she would help out doing whatever for the restaurant when she didn't want to be anywhere near Juicy Joe's pizzeria.

Siggy is an idiot for pulling that stunt, (talk about going against everything she probably writes about in her books), rehashing the cake issue when Melissa did not even throw the cake, Siggy should be embarrassed.  The big disappointment was not getting to see the goods that she invited her friends credit cards were to shop for.  I bet she told those vendors they would get some media exposure for their brands.

Anyone else think the Veuve Clicqout boxes that Melissa and Danielle brought to the party were empty?

I really want that denim shirtwaist dress Delores was wearing.

I hope that it looks better on you than it did on Dolores.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes! Thanks for the reminder. The guy is all over the place. You know the old saying "throw enough shit against the wall until something sticks". That's Joe. According to him, though, he's an entrepreneur. I'm still not understanding where their money is coming from. Unless the trash truck business is booming. 

• Love 3

Mean Girl Party!!!

If I was Melissa after Siggy's ridiculous display I would've said loudly "Just look how far I can throw one of these ugly purses!"  Grab a drink and some appetizers and walk out.

Danielle is lying in wait ready to strike.  Delores needs to sleep with one eye open.  She's no match and neither is Siggy.  Please let there be a takedown of the 2 screaming me mees!

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Funny that Teresa said she would help out doing whatever for the restaurant when she didn't want to be anywhere near Juicy Joe's pizzeria

I heard something that led me to assume that Tre put money into this restaurant venture with her brother Joe. I think she's willing to do whatever she can to make it work because she's all about making money. There's still the consideration that her husband could be deported after he gets out of "camp". I also see things (gossip) that suggests that she might dump him and she'd need income not related to him. Might I even hope that she files separate tax returns in the future?  I was surprised at the dig Tre made about Melissa just showing up on Friday and Saturday nights to hostess and being completely unwilling to go into the kitchen or waitress. I don't think Melissa's emotionally invested in the place. I think that Tre is. She wants to honor her father (hence the name of the place) and stick to family. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Yeah what is up with Gabriella?  She seems so quiet and thoughtful and doesn't look like the rest of the family - was she left at their doorstep as an infant? LOL

Gia is turning out really well despite her parents as well.  I also feel this season like she's over the whole reality show deal.  She doesn't appear in many scenes which feature her siblings and I'm guessing it's by choice.

Gabriella looks like her grandmother-Joe's mother.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Chickabiddy said:

I'm not really sure why Melissa went there with Tre about how she handles her kids.  I am pretty open to feedback, but I might be a little put out it someone decided to give me some "helpful" advice in public, outside the family setting, and on fucking national TV. And for the life of me I will not understand why Melissa "went there" with Tre when she knows just how damn prickly she is about any kind of criticism

I've definitely found Melissa to be shady at times, but this wasn't one of them. Tre sort of seemed to be complaining. And, often, when our friends our family complain, we offer ideas or solutions. It's the natural way of a conversation. Mel also may have thought that since they've gotten closer now, she could be a bit more candid with her SIL. I didn't see her saying it in an insulting way. I thought she acknowledged WHY Tre might be giving the girls more leeway right now, but was trying to back her up and tell her to keep strong. 

I wish Tre would have just said something. "I know you probably didn't mean it, but that came off like you were criticizing my parenting, and I'm feeling pretty insecure about that right now, with Joe gone". I really don't think Mel meant to be rude, and if it was just addressed right away, they might have been able to move on. Now I'm worried about weeks of passive aggressive digs and tension building. These people can't communicate to save their lives!

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I love that too. He needs to feel important and needed right now. 

1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

I think there is less than a 0% chance that Dolores said anything about Teresa to Danielle. Dolores has plenty of reason, based on her relationships with the Guidices/Gorgas and the Manzos, to not trust or like Danielle.  I think she's been treading VERY lightly around Danielle thus far on purpose because of all that history.  She may not be the smartest but I think in her world, there's way more importance placed on loyalty. Whether or not she thinks Tre is all about money, Danielle is the last person she'd say it to. She's right, Tre, and everyone else for that matter, should be really careful with Danielle. Trusting Danielle needs to be earned, it should not  be implicit

Here's a different idea - what if Dolores said it, just not to Danielle? I just really think Dolores did say it - based on her OTT reaction, and then the way she manipulated the conversation to be about Danielle and not her. However, you do make a valid point that it's unlikely Dolores would say it TO Danielle. What if it was overheard? What if Danielle's boyfriend really was helping out Frankie and he overheard Dolores say it to Frank Sr. or something? What if it got back to her 3rd hand? But she didn't want to throw anyone under the bus, so she just said SHE heard it? 

Also, I don't necessarily think Tre trusts Danielle. I think she's just having a light, casual friendship with her. Tre is known for putting a wall up even with people who have been pretty close to her. I don't think she's going to let Danielle in. I think she's just trying to keep things mellow, given their history, and would maybe rather Danielle be her friend than her enemy. 

• Love 7

I really feel for Milania,Teresa should look for some professional help for that girl, I bet there are a lot of layers there, her father is in prison, her mother was in prison and now she has lost her grandmother.  That said...Teresa still makes the conversation about herself, "I want a hug, come here and show me how much you love me."  

If anyone does eat lunch at Nono Gorgo's (whatever) I will pay one million dollars for a photo of Tre sweating it out in the kitchen or busing tables!  Tre has no intention of getting her hands dirty so how could she get mad at Melissa for being honest about not waiting tables for Joe?  Joe has proved again how he really feels about Melissa's success and independence, his theme song should be "Anything You can Do I can Do Better."  The sad fact is that restaurant won't last long but it will give a venue for Tre's next book signing then Tre can turn it in to a yoga studio.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, swankie said:

I believe Danielle.  Dolores doesn't seem to be very close with Teresa and I think it might have something to do with her not being brought onto the show in earlier seasons.  Maybe she thinks Teresa should have pushed for her to be a housewife as her best friend in the beginning.  Plus, she is wedged up Siggy's ass no matter how much she claims she's not.  I'm with Teresa and Joe.  If we've been friends since we were kids, why are you so loyal to someone you've only known for a year?  Something isn't right with Delores.  And what's with her new boyfriend being ok with her living with her ex husband?  Everything about Delores is off if you ask me.  I just think her and her ex are a couple of flaming famewhores!  There, I said it.  Haven't used that word in years.

I can't say if I believe one over the other, but this is a good point.  Delores went into the stratosphere over a pretty banal comment.  Not to mention, Teresa didn't even have an opportunity to express whether or not it pissed her off.  She made a passing comment in the car about it upsetting her, but she never showed any anger about it towards Delores.  Yet Delores was up on her feet screaming insults and going off about Teresa watching her back.  Look, I don't think Teresa trusts Danielle further than she can throw her, but she is trying to form some type of friendship despite the past she and Danielle share.  And unfortunately Delores and her "loyalty" has been severely damaged this season so far with her actions concerning how she handled the cake throwing and taking Siggy's side.  Did she say that specifically?  I doubt it, but she said SOMETHING.  

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Okay. I cannot stand Siggy. She is awful. She is a loud, obnoxious, self-involved, attention-seeking narcissist. But....I just want to say - small voice - I think Dolores may be worse. 

Hear me out. Everyone thinks Dolores is just Siggy's yes-woman. But I think she's so much more. I think this woman is low key shady as hell. First example - look at how happy Siggy was after her meeting with Margaret. She was telling Dolores how Margaret showed a "human side" and realized how "sensitive" Siggy was and was going to try and be more aware of that. And first thing Dolores says isn't, "I'm happy you guys made up" or "I'm glad to see you're feeling better about things". No. It's, "I don't trust her". And next thing you know, Siggy is back to talking smack about Margaret. 

Fast forward to the end of the episode and the stuff with Danielle. Danielle tells everyone that Dolores was shit talking Tre. And I believe it. Look how OTT Dolores's reaction was. If she hadn't said it, she could just laugh it off and roll her eyes. But she went Defcon 4 - "You're a fucking scumbag!!!!" Then, watch how she suddenly turned the topic of conversation from whether or not she said those things, to - "why is Danielle back?" She's going on and on about the past and how Danielle must be here to get revenge on Tre. She becomes so overdramatic - "Teresa, I'm afraid for you." And no one is thinking about that money-lover conversation any more, I can tell you that. 

Yea, Dolores is a snake and I don't trust her. At least Siggy's craziness is right out there on front street. 

Completely agree with this.

Siggy's display at that party was ridiculous and I really cannot stand people who need the validation from others to be pissed off.  Dragging her other guests into it was unnecessary and stupid and if I were Melissa I would've explained to her that she can have the entire world agree with her and it wouldn't matter to me, I still think she over reacted.  If you can't make your argument without some type of "I'm not the only one who feels that way" bullshit then you need to step back and keep your mouth shut.  Not that I'm shocked, Siggy has had Delores over there fanning the flames since this started.  Had no one paid a bit of attention to her she'd have gotten over it 4 episodes ago.

I don't think anything is happening between Melissa and Teresa that is overly concerning.  They are keeping their issues between family which is where I think they had issues before.  I don't think there would have been half as much drama if they hadn't been sniping at each other to others.  Here, they're just sniping back and forth to each other while Joe is sitting there.  Keeping it in the family, so to speak.  

• Love 6