Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Royal Masquerade Begins

This is disgusting, and if he has sex with anyone it is rape by deception and FOX should be prosecuted.

Maybe if he or anyone else said he was Prince Harry.  But it doesn't appear the show will ever make that claim.

He could say "call me Matt" and they'll still believe he's Harry in disguise, LOL.

I don't think any of them truly believe he's Harry at this point, no matter WHAT they spout after being asked leading questions for the Talking Head interviews.  There's no logical explanation for the "Sir" thing once they've seen his face (if he was Harry I mean), and so it would take the intelligence of a stem of Broccoli to think he's Harry.  One or two of the girls border on that, but even they have the benefit of the other ladies around them for reality checks.  So really at this point it all seems to be being done for the cameras.

• Love 1

Caught the rerun of the first episode and got about 20 minutes into it before changing the channel to something more credible...

I agree that there has to be some really deep suspension of disbelief here or those girls know exactly what's going on.  I cannot imagine finding a bunch of women who would believe that the royal family would allow the real Prince Harry to choose his bride based on a reality show contest.  

And, I may have missed this, but, do they have access to news and television over there?  Because, even if only one of those women believe he is really Harry, it would only take her seeing a newspaper article about Harry heading overseas or a television blurb about him being completely someplace else the day Matt was wooing her and the charade would be over.

And, I may have missed this, but, do they have access to news and television over there

I can't imagine they do. Reality shows pretty much never expose their contestants to the outside world.

Even if they did, these women don't seem like they spend a lot of time watching Face the Nation and reading the NY Times.

They don't need to read those things to hear about Harry though.  A gossip tabloid will do. 

But the entire premise would fall flat if they had any internet access. Google "Prince Harry" and they'd see a picture that definetly isn't Matt.  Not to mention while this was filming he was still with Cressida, so that kinda would have blown the whole thing if they saw an update about the two being spotted out on some entertainment show.

• Love 1
(edited)

I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt to these girls. I don't think the majority believe that is truly Prince Harry, but i think they are playing along with the premise in case there is a big cash prize or the real Harry shows up at the end. Who can predict what kind of twist is ahead?

Edited by corgi shieldmaiden