Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E16: An Unexpected Thaw

• Start Topic

These shows are not good for marriages. Look at all the housewives who have divorced during the show's run. I'm guessing they already had marital issues but the show certainly didn't help. 

I wonder what Shannon will say on the reunion. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

These shows are not good for marriages. Look at all the housewives who have divorced during the show's run. I'm guessing they already had marital issues but the show certainly didn't help. 

I wonder what Shannon will say on the reunion. 

I hope Lydia/Peggy ease up and Vicki keeps her mouth shut when Shannon starts talking about the split.

Clearly, Peggy/Lydia came in hot with the purpose of defending Vicki's honor and gaslighting Shannon.  The constant harping on how Vicki/Tamra must repair their friendship as if the world will cease turning if they are not friends, why?!

I am just repulsed by Vicki and how she seems to believe that Eddie and David's past must be revealed because they are on a reality show is BS.  Anyone that focused on revenge/getting even because someone just doesn't want to remain friends is not a good person.  What kind of strategy is it to threaten/reveal secrets in order to win over a friend? 

What amazes me even more is her fan club.  The obsession with uniting Tamra/Vicki...why?  Vicki needs to go, she's toxic.  I can't imagine wanting to associate with that woman.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 9

Dearest Bravo,

May we suggest that you give Ms. Kelly Dodd her marching orders? Trashiness aside, she has always been a bad apple (orange), but her mouth is going to get your organization(s) in a lot of legal hot water.  You're lucky Dr. Dubrow isn't $$$uing for her last mouth-off.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Former Nun said:

Dearest Bravo,

May we suggest that you give Ms. Kelly Dodd her marching orders? Trashiness aside, she has always been a bad apple (orange), but her mouth is going to get your organization(s) in a lot of legal hot water.  You're lucky Dr. Dubrow isn't $$$uing for her last mouth-off.

Something, Kelly's/Vicki's lighting quick retraction/denial, make me think Terry/Heather did threaten to sue both of them. There is nothing barring H/T from suing either of them and/or Bravo as they are no longer on the show! LOL

• Love 8
20 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

One of my gay friends told me that tall (don't know how tall Lydias husband might be) SKINNY men have very large penises.

My ex-now-deceased-husband was six feet tall and 140 pounds when we got married.  Is that considered skinny?  If yes, he didn't fit this "norm."  I'd never seen an adult "one," so what did I know?

1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Something, Kelly's/Vicki's lighting quick retraction/denial, make me think Terry/Heather did threaten to sue both of them.

I read that Heather complained to the production company that does Terry's shows but didn't plan to sue.  That company is BRAVO-associated.  They said they would have Kelly print a retraction.  She did and it was worthless.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

My ex-now-deceased-husband was six feet tall and 140 pounds when we got married.  Is that considered skinny?  If yes, he didn't fit this "norm."  I'd never seen an adult "one," so what did I know?

I read that Heather complained to the production company that does Terry's shows but didn't plan to sue.  That company is BRAVO-associated.  They said they would have Kelly print a retraction.  She did and it was worthless.

I think Heather saying she won't sue was when this first happened, on the van ride in Ireland, not what Kelly said on WWHL this past week. I am sure Terry/Heather threatened to sue this time if both Kelly/Vicki didn't do a retraction, which is why they did it so quickly! LOL 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think Heather saying she won't sue was when this first happened, on the van ride in Ireland, not what Kelly said on WWHL this past week. I am sure Terry/Heather threatened to sue this time if both Kelly/Vicki didn't do a retraction, which is why they did it so quickly! LOL 

From recent "RealityBlurb"    “All I’ve been hearing for the past year is that Kelly gives interviews and says terrible things about me,” said Heather on her Podcast.  “I’ve never responded because I don’t care what she thinks. What’s weird is I’ll run into her at the gym and she’s so nice to me.”  Heather then addressed Kelly’s slanderous comments.  “She said something like well Terry Dubrow’s killed people on the operating table and Andy said what?!” revealed Heather.  “And by the way not true. Never happened. He’s never had a death. As a plastic surgeon, thank God. No that’s never happened. Knock on wood.”

Heather then laid into Kelly by calling her stupid!  “It is categorically untrue. But of course this stupid woman saying such a dumb inaccurate thing now has put this out there for people and it’s being picked up by news media outlets and it’s just wrong,” said Heather. She added that while they didn’t sic their attorneys on Kelly, they did call the production company to complain about Kelly’s awful comments.  “Of course we call Evolution, the production company who does Housewives and Botched, and they’re like we’ll have her issue a retraction statement,” shared Heather.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

From recent "RealityBlurb"    “All I’ve been hearing for the past year is that Kelly gives interviews and says terrible things about me,” said Heather on her Podcast.  “I’ve never responded because I don’t care what she thinks. What’s weird is I’ll run into her at the gym and she’s so nice to me.”  Heather then addressed Kelly’s slanderous comments.  “She said something like well Terry Dubrow’s killed people on the operating table and Andy said what?!” revealed Heather.  “And by the way not true. Never happened. He’s never had a death. As a plastic surgeon, thank God. No that’s never happened. Knock on wood.”

Heather then laid into Kelly by calling her stupid!  “It is categorically untrue. But of course this stupid woman saying such a dumb inaccurate thing now has put this out there for people and it’s being picked up by news media outlets and it’s just wrong,” said Heather. She added that while they didn’t sic their attorneys on Kelly, they did call the production company to complain about Kelly’s awful comments.  “Of course we call Evolution, the production company who does Housewives and Botched, and they’re like we’ll have her issue a retraction statement,” shared Heather.

OK, Thanks, I had not read that. Although, this was akin to a C&D letter in many ways IMO. I'm sure that had Kelly not retracted this she would have been fired, the same with Vicki but even with it, I am not sure Vicki can be saved from the chopping block now. LOL

• Love 3
7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

OK, Thanks, I had not read that. Although, this was akin to a C&D letter in many ways IMO. I'm sure that had Kelly not retracted this she would have been fired, the same with Vicki but even with it, I am not sure Vicki can be saved from the chopping block now. LOL

Kelly, Vicki (AKA Miss Piggy), Lydiot, dumb ass Peggy, and small Dicko need to go. All of them are TOTAL LOSERS!!!

21 hours ago, la patineuse said:

Generalizing much?  Yeah.

NO. Shannon totally fits MY description of her.

Edited by ITALIA
3 hours ago, ITALIA said:

Kelly, Vicki (AKA Miss Piggy), Lydiot, dumb ass Peggy, and small Dicko need to go. All of them are TOTAL LOSERS!!!

NO. Shannon totally fits MY description of her.

"University of Spoiled Children" is a banal, lazy, and outdated generalization that is not all that accurate nowadays.  So, yeah, generalizing much.

Edited by la patineuse
  • Love 11

So guys... Is Vicki dead?   Hahahaha of course she is fine.   Those police officers that responded to her bed were cute. 

Wasn't Lydia pronouncing Rejkavik really wrong?  She is a spoiled heiress used to having her bony ass kissed for being a skinny rich girl with flowing locks.  Her menu-tossing disbelief that Tamra wasn't sufficiently penitent about accidentally leaving her off the group text (when she was prob mega jet lagged), how dare Tamra when they have shared Bible verses together? Speaking of Nobleman,  whatever happened to the first vanity periodical that she and Doug were pushing during her first season? 

I would watch a whole hour of Meghan and her cousin nanny taking care of Aspen.  

Frederik the hotel proprietor was right.  Megan does have good manners.  and I liked how Kelly was inquisitive. Compare to dull eyed sour Peggy-- who would ever guess Peggy would not be fun on a trip?  She adds zero.  Send her back to obscurity to drive around in her checkerboard sports cars with pursed lips.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

So guys... Is Vicki dead?   Hahahaha of course she is fine.   Those police officers that responded to her bed were cute. 

Wasn't Lydia pronouncing Rejkavik really wrong? 

yes, oh yes, Lydia said Reykjavík in the weirdest way I´ve ever heard. She sounded totally stupid. It´s pronounced sort of like: Ray-kia-week. 

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

Clearly, Peggy/Lydia came in hot with the purpose of defending Vicki's honor and gaslighting Shannon.  The constant harping on how Vicki/Tamra must repair their friendship as if the world will cease turning if they are not friends, why?!

Well, this show is certainly going to cease turning if Vicki/Tamra are not friends. The show is so boring without the friendship and I think Tamra is realizing it's better to renew the friendship for the purposes of ramping up the show instead of letting it die a slow death. Whether she still hates Vicki or not, Tamra is going to do what's best for her to keep herself on the air. Shannon tried to fill the void of Tamra's wacky bff but it's not working, Tamra is bored with her. 

Edited by bichonblitz
4 hours ago, halkatla said:

And last but not least, thank you Friðrik, and thank you "Noblemen" magazine (lol) for making this happen. 

I hope everyone will read Halkatla's long comment on this page.  She's from/in Iceland and has written some interesting things.  Give her a "like."

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I hope everyone will read Halkatla's long comment on this page.  She's from/in Iceland and has written some interesting things.  Give her a "like."

What Former Nun said! Thank you Halkatla for the great post. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, la patineuse said:

"University of Spoiled Children" is a banal, lazy, and outdated generalization that is not all that accurate nowadays.  So, yeah, generalizing much.

Well, it is a well established fact that the school attracts those types of kids. I read somewhere that there was an outreach to get more diversity in but it is recent.

I have to add that one of my son's friend is a sophomore there and she fits the description to a tee. She is also a superb scholar.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, halkatla said:

Wow. I´m icelandic and I love the Real housewives so watching this episode was almost a religious experience for me. It will be very difficult for me to write about but I´m gonna try.
I wasn´t sure what to expect with their trip here but I was glad to see it turned out the way it did (so far). They were all quite happy, it´s a very different experience from their usual holidays and I was very excited to see what they would get to do.
I can tell you a few things about the way stuff like this usually goes down in Iceland.

1) I know of no-one who has eaten puffin. It´s not something Icelandic people eat or have in their stores. I can imagine one village where they might eat it (Vestmannaeyjar - it´s a island) but I´ve never heard anyone ever mentioning it. So seeing them eat puffin was very weird.

2) Having some brennivín (black death) and shark is what people do from time to time, mostly older men, because it is kind of gross but cool. It´s a tradition associated with a winter festival called Þorrablót, where we eat all kinds of traditional food. Most of us have only tried it once or twice. Most of the food they serve during these Þorrablóts is disgusting, because back in the day people were almost starving and they had to do weird things to the little food they had just so they could preserve it longer. It´s our way of celebrating this stuff, but thankfully we don´t have to rely on this any more and regular icelandic food is very good (less so if you´re a vegan). I was very impressed by Meghan, she handled that great. She looks like a stunning Icelandic woman to be honest, her ancestors were probably pretty similar to the ancestors of Icelanders, a mix of Scandinavian vikings, Irish and Celtic.

3) I liked Kelly asking the questions and being interested, she can be fun.

4) Tamra, Vicky and Shannon getting along was great. I hope it continues.

5) It was cool that Vicky and Kelly went out and joined a high school reunion. During the summer we are always having reunions and I can imagine it was a very typical Icelandic "whooping it up" experience for them. It would have been awesome if we could have seen any of that.

6) As I am Icelandic and live in Iceland, I am surrounded by this cool nature everywhere. I find it stunning, beautiful and incredible. But... I never like it when I see it on tv. I just don´t connect with it. But I´m glad that this is just something weird about me that others don´t have to deal with.

7) The nighttime sunlight and brightness is something I am absolutely used to but don´t like. I love the winter more when we have only 4 hours of light sometimes (not sun in the winter for 2-3 months where I live, because of the mountains). The light and colors during the Icelandic seasons are something that I believe can not be experienced anywhere else. I´ve heard people who moved to other places, where there are forests and all kinds of lush greenery, say that the colors of the icelandic grass and moss is something they miss and see nowhere else. I love the lavaplains covered with silvery green moss that you drive by when going from the airport.

8) The icelandic horse is indeed quite small but it´s one of the strongest and versatile breeds, they have a special walk/gait that no other breed has. Many living things adapted to the harshness of the weather, nature and not having much to eat by becoming smaller. I think even our men are a little bit smaller than Danes and Scandinavians (that I have seen - this could be totally wrong on my part). There was a news story once about Icelandic men having a bigger d.... than the world average, I guess the housewife who mentioned that got busy reading up on all the right things before coming here ;)

9) Well, I´m all out of things to say about this episode for now. I just wish they could have done a whole season in Iceland :)

Okay one thing I might add is that I miss them not getting into the folklore of Iceland. We are hugely into all that stuff, we have the greatest ghost stories (because of all the darkness probably) and there´s also all kinds of other stuff, elves, nature spirits etc that we enjoy. But I guess those things are not very house-wifey so I can forgive the show for not focusing on it. Not to mention our proudest heritage, the Icelandic sagas, perhaps they will be taken on some tour that mentions them (I can only hope).

And last but not least, thank you Friðrik, and thank you "Noblemen" magazine (lol) for making this happen. 

(Sorry for this being obviously a way, way, way too long rant about my country, I just love it so much, sorry)

Well, between icelandic men being well endowed and icelandic women having the reputation of being the prettiest in the world, what's not to like ;-)!

The NYT had a small feature in the travel section about spending thanksgiving there!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/17/travel/thanksgiving-hotels-deals.html?ref=todayspaper

• Love 4
On 10/23/2017 at 10:13 PM, mbaywife123 said:

I think we are seeing Vicki opening her own exit door to be off the show. She knows she is probably on the chopping block for next season and will claim when the ax falls that she wasn't let go but because of her "health" issues she is no longer able to appear on HER show.

One can only hope

• Love 6
11 hours ago, halkatla said:

So guys... Is Vicki dead?   Hahahaha of course she is fine.

I was singing " Ding Dong The Witch is DEAD!!"

I was hoping Lydia would get carried off by a Yeti or a Bear of some sort to become its love slave

• Love 6
6 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Well, it is a well established fact that the school attracts those types of kids. I read somewhere that there was an outreach to get more diversity in but it is recent.

If this is true, I'll be forced to finally agree with another "established fact" that all the SoCal kids that attend Arizona State University are the spoiled/dumb/rich/hard-partiers whose grades weren't good enough to get into USC or any other California schools.   Some people around Tempe AZ joke like that too--but neither fact is established.  

• Love 8

Do I have to start ragging on Vicki first thing?  Yes.

"Is there a place to whoop it up here?"  No Vicki.  Nobody here likes whooping it up.  Ever.  There's no place like that here. 

$950 for a jacket, gloves and boots?  Maybe a scarf.  And Shannon's digging that price??  There's Vicki with her "aren't I cute when I play up my cluelessness?"  And Lydia with her predicable "Yaayyy" and "thanks for having us" in her most cutesy voice.  Open the doors to her suite and see magical Disney characters?  Da fuq?  This is a grown woman who's dropping acid behind the scenes or what?

Then Lydia acts like a spoiled 7th grader because Tamra left her off the group text -- SO trivial, I get it.  I mean, god forbid someone should fail to validate Lydia's feelings about it, but Tamra just sat there with a defiant expression on her face and said nothing after Lydia's little tizzy.  Would it have killed Tamra to say, with some modicum of sincerity,  "Lydia, I mistakenly omitted your name when I sent the group text, and  I'm sorry I hurt your feelings"? 

Instead Tamra does that old, tired "I'm sorry IF your feelings were hurt but I didn't mean to" non-apology.

What was that on Aspen's head?  Something like that head straightening helmet Dorit Kemsley's kid wore?  Is that a thing now?

Also, I like how now that VIcki's being served up generous helpings of humble pie this season, she deems it "good for everybody" to have some!

I loved how Olaf and Soffia started out totally fucking with their heads.

Uh-oh, I'm guessing next week we'll see a replay of the Glamis routine where Vicki is rushed to the hospital on her deathbed and released the following day.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 6
On 10/23/2017 at 8:41 PM, NeverLate said:

How old is Lydia, she really does act like a little 12 year old

Meghan looks great, motherhood agrees with her, and she seems to embrace Iceland.

The rest prefer OC, they all look  unhappy...lol.

As for Vicki, whooping it up, with one hour of sleep isn't good for a fit person, let alone someone your age, who does not exercise.That's what bought on this anxiety attack imho. In other words, altitude sickness.

That, plus the fact that she drinks like a fish and is at least 50 lbs. overweight.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

Do I have to start ragging on Vicki first thing?  Yes.

"Is there a place to whoop it up here?"  No Vicki.  Nobody here likes whooping it up.  Ever.  There's no place like that here. 

$950 for a jacket, gloves and boots?  Maybe a scarf.  And Shannon's digging that price??  There's Vicki with her "aren't I cute when I play up my cluelessness?"  And Lydia with her predicable "Yaayyy" and "thanks for having us" in her most cutesy voice.  Open the doors to her suite and see magical Disney characters?  Da fuq?  This is a grown woman who's dropping acid behind the scenes or what?

Then Lydia acts like a spoiled 7th grader because Tamra left her off the group text -- SO trivial, I get it.  I mean, god forbid someone should fail to validate Lydia's feelings about it, but Tamra just sat there with a defiant expression on her face and said nothing after Lydia's little tizzy.  Would it have killed Tamra to say, with some modicum of sincerity,  "Lydia, I mistakenly omitted your name when I sent the group text, and  I'm sorry I hurt your feelings"? 

Instead Tamra does that old, tired "I'm sorry IF your feelings were hurt but I didn't mean to" non-apology.

What was that thing on Aspen's head?  Something like that head straightening helmet Dorit Kemsley's kid wore?

Also, I like how now that VIcki's being served up generous helpings of humble pie this season, she deems it "good for everybody" to have some!

I loved how Olaf and Soffia started out totally fucking with their heads.

Uh-oh, I'm guessing next week we'll see a replay of the Glamis routine where Vicki is rushed to the hospital on her deathbed and released the following day.

why did they name that child aspen?  you just know kids are going to call her as_wipe

• Love 5
On 10/25/2017 at 5:08 PM, Lisa418722 said:

Happy Birthday, Archie.  You are still the best thing on this show (well, I'm OK with Aspen too).  

I am so happy to know that on his birthday last week, Archie went to Huntington Dog Beach - 1.5 miles from my house.  My late dog's favorite place to be -- we had to be careful because he recognized the words "dog beach" and if he heard them, would stand by the door waiting to get in the car.  We had to call it "DB" so he wouldn't know what we were talking about.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Something like that head straightening helmet Dorit Kemsley's kid wore?  Is that a thing now?

It is a "thing," which has been around for most of this 21st Century--for thousands of babies.  

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Former Nun said:

If this is true, I'll be forced to finally agree with another "established fact" that all the SoCal kids that attend Arizona State University are the spoiled/dumb/rich/hard-partiers whose grades weren't good enough to get into USC or any other California schools.   Some people around Tempe AZ joke like that too--but neither fact is established.  

So basically, dumb rich kid Arizona and smart rich kid USC? 

I don't get why so many people are so protective of USC, lol.

• Love 2

Apparently I'm one of those being "protective" of USC.  HaHa!   The actual defense of the archaic/silly USC abbreviation is what got my attention.  I have no affiliation with that university, although I did drive by once many years ago.  My statements were lightheartedly aimed at calling California's territorial ribbing "established facts."  

• Love 3

I thought it was funny and interesting that producers dropped in an old clip of Shannon taking issue with Heather about taking what she wanted to be her chair after she went off about Lydia being childish.  I totally get where Lydia is coming from.  I think acknowledging feelings of others is missing in our world - and a big part of humans' social challenges.  Doesn't matter if they are "normal" or extreme, mature or childlike.  It's the reality of the person having them and for others to dismiss them is judgemental and shaming and does nothing to get the tango back in "it takes two".

It would have been just as easy for Tamra and Shannon (and I add Shannon because of the dinner party and because she steps in and speaks for Tamra frequently) to simply say they were sorry for leaving Lydia out of the dinner invitation and the text and "I understand that your feelings are hurt".

I get Lydia's point.  Even if it were an oversight, it means that she didn't rise to their attention level.  

2 hours ago, Jextella said:

I thought it was funny and interesting that producers dropped in an old clip of Shannon taking issue with Heather about taking what she wanted to be her chair after she went off about Lydia being childish.  I totally get where Lydia is coming from.  I think acknowledging feelings of others is missing in our world - and a big part of humans' social challenges.  Doesn't matter if they are "normal" or extreme, mature or childlike.  It's the reality of the person having them and for others to dismiss them is judgemental and shaming and does nothing to get the tango back in "it takes two".

It would have been just as easy for Tamra and Shannon (and I add Shannon because of the dinner party and because she steps in and speaks for Tamra frequently) to simply say they were sorry for leaving Lydia out of the dinner invitation and the text and "I understand that your feelings are hurt".

I get Lydia's point.  Even if it were an oversight, it means that she didn't rise to their attention level.  

I doubt that Shannon had anything to do with that dinner that Lydia got upset about being left out. More likely than not, it was a producer dinner which means that the producers do the inviting, not a HW. And, Lydia would have know that, so for her to be upset at Shannon or any of the others is ridiculous. The text though is a different matter but in Tamra's defense, she did tell Lydia that she didn't mean to not send the text to her, that it was an accident and she apologized to her. Lydia just had to take it one step further and say that she was now hurt because Tamra didn't think of her in that moment! In other words, noting Tamra could have said would have pleased Lydia, she wanted to pout and no one was going to stop her from doing so. LOL

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

What was that on Aspen's head?  Something like that head straightening helmet Dorit Kemsley's kid wore?  Is that a thing now?

It's a medical device to help correct cranial issues. My son needed one and I didn't know it until it was too late. Thankfully his issue wasn't as severe as others'. I'm glad to see them normalizing helmets on TV. 

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

It's a medical device to help correct cranial issues. My son needed one and I didn't know it until it was too late. Thankfully his issue wasn't as severe as others'. I'm glad to see them normalizing helmets on TV. 

I hope your son is ok, Ghoulina!  

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Former Nun said:

It is a "thing," which has been around for most of this 21st Century--for thousands of babies.  

Hmmm, interesting - thanks.  The only two I've ever seen have been on RH shows.  I must not get out enough.

Edited by Anne Thrax

What's with all the screaming and freaking out when they see their rooms? "There's a bathtub in the room!!" These bitches travel all the time. Why do they act like they've never been anywhere?

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Breaking news.......Peggy Lydia and Megan are out for next season. Happy dance!!!

Is this for real?  Has Bravo made an announcement?

Edited by Jextella

Yea Lydia was left out of a group text so throwing menus at people at the table is such an acceptable way of behaving. For a 4 year old. I don't feel sad she was left out.

I like Megan too, behaved like an adult during the trip. The only adult besides Frederick.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Is this for real?  Has Bravo made an announcement?

No, Bravo has not announced this...a little bird told me.  

1 hour ago, Rubyslippahz said:

If these 3 are done after this season---An UNfond farewell to Lydia and Peggy ---but I am a rare one who likes Meghan!  *Imaginary tear running down my face*

I like Meghan, too. (insert sad face)

• Love 4
Just now, Jextella said:

I'm sure your little bird is reliable, but rumors run amok.  Can't hold my breath on this one.

I thought the same...way too soon for this to be out there...but they are pretty reliable.  

Just now, SCS said:

1d73a5270ddffac008cccb59bd6304cd.jpg

Maybe it's the martini's talking.  :)

• Love 2