Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E16: An Unexpected Thaw

• Start Topic

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:56 AM, Mu Shu said:

I read that Icelanders don’t eat that rotten shark.  It was survival food in far away olden times.  Its like no modern Cajun would eat squirrel head gumbo.   I’ll give them all, even the Ick, a pass on that one.

i did not read that Icelandic men have big units.  Do tell Megan.  Maybe flopsey can write about strapping Icelandic men with huge weiners and proudly swinging balls.  Is that the story deballed Doug wanted her to break?

tamra is such a heifer.  She did that to Lydia deliberately, but I’m not mad at her.

heres your bible verse, Lydia.  

Jesus Wept.

now fuck right off with your Gretchen ass Weiner self.  

I can't speak of their units, but I have met one Icelandic man - a most awesome surgeon who was 6'6", with the coolest last name of Thors.  You could tell he hated being asked how tall he was because he answered in the metric system.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Jextella said:

"I understand that your feelings are hurt".

I think no one can win in these situations.   Some may think that is the appropriate thing to say, only to be met with, "You're not sorry...you say merely that you 'understand' that my feelings are hurt.  THAT is not an apology!"  (running away, sobbing) 

• Love 1
On 10/29/2017 at 11:43 AM, LIMOM said:

Well, it is a well established fact that the school attracts those types of kids. I read somewhere that there was an outreach to get more diversity in but it is recent.

I have to add that one of my son's friend is a sophomore there and she fits the description to a tee. She is also a superb scholar.

And Ronald Reagan is the President of the United States.  The 1980's called and they want their "well established fact" back.

The majority of students receive some amount of financial aid and/or merit scholarships, so entitled is not the most fitting description of the larger student body.  This has been the case for more than a few years.

Also USC's outreach isn't so recent as well; the university has several academic and neighborhood outreach programs.  For many years, as an example, USC has partnered with a number of local elementary schools near the main campus and the health science campus in East L.A. and has established a program that grants full scholarships to four-year universities to students completing the program from elementary school through high school.  The scholarships are to any university of the students' choosing, not necessarily USC, so some elect to go elsewhere, but some also go to USC.  Current USC matriculants spend a number of hours volunteering in at least one of the outreach programs; so I guess those entitled, rich students just have too much time on their hands.

On 10/30/2017 at 2:56 AM, LIMOM said:

So basically, dumb rich kid Arizona and smart rich kid USC? 

I don't get why so many people are so protective of USC, lol.

Maybe because stereotypes are not "established fact(s)."

Edited by la patineuse
  • Love 6
On 10/27/2017 at 4:06 PM, chenoa333 said:

Wow. Tamara will be so disappointed if this isn't on the Bravo agenda! 

What I originally came here to post was my shock at how SKINNY Lydias husband is. Especially his legs. One of my gay friends told me that tall (don't know how tall Lydias husband might be) SKINNY men have very large penises. If Lydia comes from wealth and can have almost any good looking man, that might explain why she's with Doug (I think that's her nobleman's name?) 

Thanks AuntieDiane6 for opening up the penis forum! Lol!

Also, Just curious if Lydia's hair is all hers? Or extensions? Or? It just seems like so much hair to be all real.

Lydia has a poop load of hair, but she uses extensions.  Since she has so much, she probably uses halo extensions for more length.   She also has hair growing in from her temples like a Wookiee.   Some times having a lot of hair is a bad thing. 

I hope if they Go to a penis museum that Dicko discusses it with the other husbands and Mr, Cleaver. 

God who cares if people joke about USC?  It’s a good school, and if you were fortunate enough to graduate it who cares what us rumpkins say about it.

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 2

So we've reached the inevitable point in the thread where a certain someone posts that witty old chestnut "University of Spoiled Children" and everyone else posts facts hoping to enlighten them.  It didn't work in the previous 15 episode threads, it won't work in this one.  You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.  It's like trying to explain slang to Peggy.  Prediction:  Around the same time next week the same person will post the same bon mot in the next thread thinking it is just as witty instead of just a week more out of date and overplayed.

(Not a dig at you la patineuse, or anyone that posted actual facts for that matter, I appreciate you taking the time to actually back your shit up with facts.)

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

So we've reached the inevitable point in the thread where a certain someone posts that witty old chestnut "University of Spoiled Children" and everyone else posts facts hoping to enlighten them.  It didn't work in the previous 15 episode threads, it won't work in this one.  You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.  It's like trying to explain slang to Peggy.  Prediction:  Around the same time next week the same person will post the same bon mot in the next thread thinking it is just as witty instead of just a week more out of date and overplayed.

(Not a dig at you la patineuse, or anyone that posted actual facts for that matter, I appreciate you taking the time to actually back your shit up with facts.)

Holy shit... pardon my ignorance/naievity but i'm totally lost on the above post. Maybe I'm better off...ignorance is bliss?

And thanks MuShu for the info on Lydia's hair. I knew it was way too much to be all real but nevertheless, beautiful hair

Edited by chenoa333
On 10/26/2017 at 1:03 PM, Former Nun said:

EARS.   When I was in elementary school, kids in real life and kids in movies/TV were always ridiculed if their ears stuck out.   My ears are really flat to my head--so are those of one of my sons.  We've decided that those people with those "prominent" ears probably hear WAY BETTER than we do.

It's a data set of one, but Mr. Outlier has what he calls "big flappin' ears," and kids called him "Bugs" (like the rabbit).  He has unbelievable hearing even at 50 years old.  He can be driven crazy by the very-high-frequency sounds coming off circuit boards, and was once kept awake by a horrible racket...made by an ant crawling up a piece of paper in the trash can.

His BFEs are a lot cuter than Lydia's.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

It's a data set of one, but Mr. Outlier has what he calls "big flappin' ears," and kids called him "Bugs" (like the rabbit).  He has unbelievable hearing even at 50 years old.  He can be driven crazy by the very-high-frequency sounds coming off circuit boards, and was once kept awake by a horrible racket...made by an ant crawling up a piece of paper in the trash can.

His BFEs are a lot cuter than Lydia's.

I think he is related to Mr. SweetieDarling. Fluorescent lights too?

Any time we drive somewhere he hears a rattle or mysterious noise in the car that we, the passengers, are delegated the task of finding and making it stop, lest he drive us all crazy it drive him crazy for the rest of the trip. I feel your pain.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Holy shit... pardon my ignorance/naievity but i'm totally lost on the above post. Maybe I'm better off...ignorance is bliss?

And thanks MuShu for the info on Lydia's hair. I knew it was way too much to be all real but nevertheless, beautiful hair

Someone has a weird hard on for USC.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Someone has a weird hard on for USC.

Oh. I think I get it now! Lol! Thanks for responding. 

I was SO happy to see extremely drunk Tamra again. Its been a very long time but if Tamra wants to secure her "orange" for seasons to come...this persona is who I want to see. Just my opinion. 

• Love 1
On 10/28/2017 at 0:48 PM, Former Nun said:

Dearest Bravo,

May we suggest that you give Ms. Kelly Dodd her marching orders? Trashiness aside, she has always been a bad apple (orange), but her mouth is going to get your organization(s) in a lot of legal hot water.  You're lucky Dr. Dubrow isn't $$$uing for her last mouth-off.

Yet

• Love 3
On 10/29/2017 at 11:33 PM, jaybird2 said:

why did they name that child aspen?  you just know kids are going to call her as_wipe

I never heard the backstory on this, but I know that there are parents who name their kid based on critical logistics of conception.  I'm waiting for some vapid celeb to name their kid Two Fifteen October Seven Cristal.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

...I'm almost sure those are "established facts."

• Love 1

OMG!  These women are too much! I can’t believe the way they acted while medical personnel were trying to do their jobs.  Peggy needed to be drug out of the room by the raccoon on her head. That poor doctor. Part of an evaluation is asking questions and gauging the responses.  It’s not always about what the response is.  They need to see if she is able to communicate and process information properly. I have anxiety attacks, but the last thing someone who’s having an anxiety attack needs is someone like Screechy Shannon barging in the room to tell them that she’s had them and what they need to do.  Everyone is different and what works for Shannon (*cough* Grey Goose *cough) probably would not work for someone else.  I can’t stand Vicki, but between Peggy and Shannon, I would have hid under the blanket too!!

Also, it’s funny to see how out of touch Shannon really is.  As the emergency crew is loading Vicki into the ambulance, she asks “can we expedite this?”  I loved Tamara laughing and saying “Seriously?”  My goodness what did she want a magic wand?  I do agree with David that she has a silver spoon and thinks there’s always a super special solution just for her.  And don’t get me started on her screeching THs.  She scared the hell out of my poor kitties!

• Love 2

Peggy is lucky she didn’t do this at home I The OC.  First responders will shove your useless ass aside if you don’t get the Fuck out of the way.  Then again, this was an attempt for Vicki to get pity, so they were probably in on it.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I never heard the backstory on this, but I know that there are parents who name their kid based on critical logistics of conception.  I'm waiting for some vapid celeb to name their kid Two Fifteen October Seven Cristal.

Ron Howard and his wife do this. Each of their kids has a middle name relating to their conception (see Bryce Dallas, Jocelyn Carlyle and Paige Carlyle, and Reed Cross*). There is a joke in the fourth season of Arrested Development about Ron Howard's fictional daughter, Rebel Alley.

It is a tradition of the Luo people of Kenya to name a child for important events or situations impacting the family around the time the child is born, which is why Lupita Nyong'o is named Lupita. It's a diminuitive of Guadalupe. She was born in Mexico City where her family had been living for 3 years.

*Cross for the street they were on because "Backseat of a Volvo" is a terrible middle name.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:13 AM, Normades said:

OMG!  These women are too much! I can’t believe the way they acted while medical personnel were trying to do their jobs.  Peggy needed to be drug out of the room by the raccoon on her head. That poor doctor. Part of an evaluation is asking questions and gauging the responses.  It’s not always about what the response is.  They need to see if she is able to communicate and process information properly. I have anxiety attacks, but the last thing someone who’s having an anxiety attack needs is someone like Screechy Shannon barging in the room to tell them that she’s had them and what they need to do.  Everyone is different and what works for Shannon (*cough* Grey Goose *cough) probably would not work for someone else.  I can’t stand Vicki, but between Peggy and Shannon, I would have hid under the blanket too!!

Also, it’s funny to see how out of touch Shannon really is.  As the emergency crew is loading Vicki into the ambulance, she asks “can we expedite this?”  I loved Tamara laughing and saying “Seriously?”  My goodness what did she want a magic wand?  I do agree with David that she has a silver spoon and thinks there’s always a super special solution just for her.  And don’t get me started on her screeching THs.  She scared the hell out of my poor kitties!

TOTALLY agree. Shannon is a typical entitled spoiled woman with NOTHING to offer, except for drama. She's also a control freak.

• Love 1
On 11/2/2017 at 4:59 PM, ITALIA said:

TOTALLY agree. Shannon is a typical entitled spoiled woman with NOTHING to offer, except for drama. She's also a control freak.

Oops

Edited by SCS
because there it was...
  • Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 0:11 PM, Mu Shu said:

Lydia has a poop load of hair, but she uses extensions.  Since she has so much, she probably uses halo extensions for more length.   She also has hair growing in from her temples like a Wookiee.   Some times having a lot of hair is a bad thing. 

I hope if they Go to a penis museum that Dicko discusses it with the other husbands and Mr, Cleaver. 

God who cares if people joke about USC?  It’s a good school, and if you were fortunate enough to graduate it who cares what us rumpkins say about it.

The only ones who take offense are the spoiled ones who went there. LOL!!!

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, la patineuse said:

Too true.  Like clockwork, but I don't think it's even been a week.  LOL!!!

Just like your responses.

Edited by ITALIA

Am I the only one who thinks Kelly is the only fun/interesting one on vacation?  At least she asks questions and seems generally interested in what's going on.  Seriously, I'm a librarian and if I hear Peggy "shush" someone one more time, I'm going to throw my tv out the window. 

• Love 4
On 11/28/2017 at 3:30 PM, misschung said:

Am I the only one who thinks Kelly is the only fun/interesting one on vacation?  At least she asks questions and seems generally interested in what's going on.  Seriously, I'm a librarian and if I hear Peggy "shush" someone one more time, I'm going to throw my tv out the window. 

Kelly is a complicated one. I actually think she might be the kindest one of the cast deep down. Deep, deep, deep down. But she has significant anger management issues and near zero self control.  I think she’s mostly reactive in her bad behavior. I don’t recall her starting much, but she escalates arguments beyond reason. She’s a conundrum wrapped in a riddle dipped in vodka.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 12/8/2018 at 9:06 PM, FozzyBear said:

Kelly is a complicated one. I actually think she might be the kindest one of the cast deep down. Deep, deep, deep down. But she has significant anger management issues and near zero self control.  I think she’s mostly reactive in her bad behavior. I don’t recall her starting much, but she escalates arguments beyond reason. She’s a conundrum wrapped in a riddle dipped in vodka.

Really? I'm generally more forgiving of the Housewives than a lot of fans, but Kelly goes below the belt so often, I can't see her as the kindest at all, more one of the meanest in the whole dang franchise. She attacks the women for their looks in a really nasty way (pointing out facial hair and fat shaming a woman who's struggling emotionally and with her weight). She throws the c word around. She repeatedly mom shames. I hope deep down she is kind, but she's so nasty on TV. Everyone talks about how evil Tamra is, but I don't remember her going for the low blows like Kelly does or seeming gleeful she hurt feelings. Like, I don't think Alexis should be devastated by "Jesus jugs."

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think Gretchen was the only RHOC gal who HASN'T had a boob job. 

eta Forgot Heather.

The OC gals definitely like their implants. I've considered getting them myself, so not against them. But I think it's cool Heather is pretty natural all around considering she's in OC and her own husband is a plastic surgeon.

I love California, but I don't think I could ever live there. The pressure to be perfect looking sounds like it's a lot throughout the whole state, but in particular LA/OC. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

The OC gals definitely like their implants. I've considered getting them myself, so not against them. But I think it's cool Heather is pretty natural all around considering she's in OC and her own husband is a plastic surgeon.

I love California, but I don't think I could ever live there. The pressure to be perfect looking sounds like it's a lot throughout the whole state, but in particular LA/OC. 

I live in NoCal. It's a different world down there.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1