Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: Full Circle

Gem 10

What a lovely way to end the season with the Baptism .. Very touching.  Loved who they picked for God Parents.  I think Chaz was very touched.  Where was Zoila by the way?  Speaking of Zoila,  I never found her funny or endearing.  Maybe she was different with Jeff.  On t.v., I actually found her to be a jealous woman, especially when she wasn't "top dog".  The way she left the show was very nasty.  Jeff was too generous with her .. The BMW, boob job, face lift, designer bags, etc. etc. etc.. And that's how she leaves?  Selfish woman.

• Love 18

I assume Zoila was invited but chose not to attend.  It wouldn’t surprise me if she didn’t show up because there wasn’t anything in it for her.  After all, she walked out of Jeff’s when she was feeding Monroe, without bothering to finish feeding her so she’s not overly concerned about the baby.  Or, hopefully, Jeff has finally seen her for the opportunist she’s always been and didn’t invite her.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I assume Zoila was invited but chose not to attend.  It wouldn’t surprise me if she didn’t show up because there wasn’t anything in it for her.  After all, she walked out of Jeff’s when she was feeding Monroe, without bothering to finish feeding her so she’s not overly concerned about the baby.  Or, hopefully, Jeff has finally seen her for the opportunist she’s always been and didn’t invite her.

I'm thinking Jeff finally saw the light when she wouldn't apologize to Gema and keep the peace.  If she could be that mean spirited and stubborn, I wouldn't trust her with my baby for one second.  Good riddance to bad rubbish I say.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I love the finish to the season. I loved the priest who could make me want to return to church. I hope that things have turned a corner for them and that they stay happy  for a secure happy family for that little darling screamer. 

I really loved that priest, and he clearly appreciated Jeff's humor. 

• Love 17

I am surprised that it was Jeff who pushed for the Baptism for some reason even though Gage has never mentioned religion I just assumed it was his idea. The priest and dog were adorable! 

Zoila spent several months in Nicuragua with her daughter and grandchildren after she left so she probably wasn't in the country. 

I love that the most Cat ever spoke was when she quit.

If there is another season I hope Nancy is featured more because she is a delight! 

I know he normally wears glasses but I wonder if Chaz is wearing colored contacts because I have noticed his eyes before.

It cracked me up that Jeff said he was putting his foot down because people were giving in too easy to Monroe and used the example of people stopping brushing her hair but he was the. One who told Gage to stop it when she started crying.

Did Jeff's brother get divorced? His wife who was Jeff's realtor didn't appear to be at the christening though at least one of their many children was there.

Did Mark's pilot get picked up?

• Love 1

Chaz seems like such a nice person.   His talking head about constantly talking about how badly behaved & loud Monroe is was on point.   I agree with that kind of thinking completely.   As Gage said, I don't think either of them want to project any type of image aside from perfection and a small baby is so unpredictable and out of their control.   They need to chill.  Even Jenni was saying that she told them small babies cry all the time and even turn red.   People understand if your baby cries in public or even cries during your private Baptism   

I wish they had brought Monroe to the luncheon after the Baptism.    Usually everyone is so excited to see the baby and get their hands on them by that point in the day.    I don't believe that I've ever even attended a baptism luncheon without the baby being present.   Usually they sleep half the time anyway.   Never having had a nanny or much help at all with my kids,  I've always included them and brought them with me everywhere     Handing them off at inconvenient times is so foreign to me     

I wonder if Chaz and Jeff socialize a lot outside of work?   They both seem very busy.   Does Jeff have friends that aren't either co-workers or clients?   I'm not sure that he does.  

• Love 12

I too was taken aback that Zoila wasn't at the baptism.  Her being out of the country makes sense.  I wondered if it was because Laura was there, or if she was pissy because she wasn't made Godmother.  Neither of these reasons would surprise me.  It was a beautiful part of the episode, and I'm glad they chose to share it with us.  Gage didn't appear to participate in the verbal part of the ceremony, so maybe this is yet another concession he made to Jeff.  I really do feel like he's going to get his heart ripped out of his chest one of these days by Jeff.  Jeff will get a couple of kiddos, and that'll be all the human interaction he will need...bye bye Gage.  Hope I'm wrong.

Was it just me, or did the finale of this episode have a bit of we're done with this show vibe to it?  Wouldn't surprise me.  I think JL is probably at the point that the income from Bravo isn't significant enough for him to be bothered with it.  We'll see.

2 hours ago, wallofsound said:

I wish they had brought Monroe to the luncheon after the Baptism.

That was odd to me too, but they really do sort of seem like parents of convenience.  They probably didn't want to risk her screaming through their luncheon.

eta - sounds harsh, I know...more than I intend, just don't know how else to say it I guess.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, wallofsound said:

I wish they had brought Monroe to the luncheon after the Baptism.    Usually everyone is so excited to see the baby and get their hands on them by that point in the day.

Totally agree. My daughter was about that age when she was baptized and was the "belle of the ball" at the luncheon, and loved it. Everyone cooing and wanting to hold her. And if the baby cries, so what? It's not like the guests have never seen a baby cry.

• Love 8

I really connected with the comment that as two male parents they feel overly judged in public. I am sure that is the case and frankly I had't thought about that before so am grateful for the insight.   Strangers can be really nosy/inappropriate/even cruel.  

• Love 19

The photo shoot with Jeff and Monroe was precious! I love seeing Jeff interacting with her, and Monroe laughing and happy. He understands his daughter's personality and the role he has in her life and how it differs from the role Gage has. An all around feel good episode!

• Love 14

I loved this episode.  I'm glad they seem so happy.  But why wasn't Gage in any of the photo shoot pictures?  I mean I get that he wasn't on the magazine, but why wouldn't they take photos with him as well?

42 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

The photo shoot with Jeff and Monroe was precious! I love seeing Jeff interacting with her, and Monroe laughing and happy. He understands his daughter's personality and the role he has in her life and how it differs from the role Gage has. An all around feel good episode!

But why wasn't Gage in the photos?  I think it's so weird that they are both her dads, but they never seem to be a "family".

• Love 12
3 hours ago, wallofsound said:

Chaz seems like such a nice person.   His talking head about constantly talking about how badly behaved & loud Monroe is was on point.   I agree with that kind of thinking completely.   As Gage said, I don't think either of them want to project any type of image aside from perfection and a small baby is so unpredictable and out of their control.   They need to chill.  Even Jenni was saying that she told them small babies cry all the time and even turn red.   People understand if your baby cries in public or even cries during your private Baptism   

I wish they had brought Monroe to the luncheon after the Baptism.    Usually everyone is so excited to see the baby and get their hands on them by that point in the day.    I don't believe that I've ever even attended a baptism luncheon without the baby being present.   Usually they sleep half the time anyway.   Never having had a nanny or much help at all with my kids,  I've always included them and brought them with me everywhere     Handing them off at inconvenient times is so foreign to me     

I wonder if Chaz and Jeff socialize a lot outside of work?   They both seem very busy.   Does Jeff have friends that aren't either co-workers or clients?   I'm not sure that he does.  

I've also wondered about Jeff's social life.  I know that he talks about being "friends" with people, but everything seems to be based around business...even his relationship with Gage.  I would love to be a fly on the wall when the cameras leave and it's just Jeff and Gage.  Do they snuggle on the couch and watch TV like other couples? Do they go to romantic dinners alone? Or is it always business?

• Love 3

If you are a long time fan of the show, you caught a glimpse of Jeff's old biz partner...Chloe's dad.

Surprised, Jeff allowed that clip on the episode. Maybe fences were mended...

Poor Laura, she looked like a hostage sitting shotgun on the way to the church.

Thought Cat was an animatronic robot on loan to Jeff from Disney Labs...so...she was a person the whole time...color me shocked.

The priest was great... right out of Central Casting...hope the personable priest pops up on the show in the future.

The sound man of Flipping Out needs a special Emmy for his work recording the show with Monroe's shrieks and screams.

Bet he was the most attuned to Monroe's cries than anyone in the household....

His moving is knobs on his sound equipment wildly back and forth from zero to max.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I assume Zoila was invited but chose not to attend.

I assume she's simply done.  

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

5 hours ago, wallofsound said:

Chaz seems like such a nice person

I agree that he comes off much better than when I've seen him hawking his wares on QVC.  When selling, he's very rapid-fire, terse, and robotic to the point of unlikeable for me.

He seems to have cleaned himself up somehow.  He used to be all tense and weird.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I'm thinking Jeff finally saw the light when she wouldn't apologize to Gema and keep the peace.  If she could be that mean spirited and stubborn, I wouldn't trust her with my baby for one second.  Good riddance to bad rubbish I say.

Oops ... I meant to say " Laura" instead of Gema in both posts.

6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I too was taken aback that Zoila wasn't at the baptism.  Her being out of the country makes sense.  I wondered if it was because Laura was there, or if she was pissy because she wasn't made Godmother.  Neither of these reasons would surprise me.  It was a beautiful part of the episode, and I'm glad they chose to share it with us.  Gage didn't appear to participate in the verbal part of the ceremony, so maybe this is yet another concession he made to Jeff.  I really do feel like he's going to get his heart ripped out of his chest one of these days by Jeff.  Jeff will get a couple of kiddos, and that'll be all the human interaction he will need...bye bye Gage.  Hope I'm wrong.

Was it just me, or did the finale of this episode have a bit of we're done with this show vibe to it?  Wouldn't surprise me.  I think JL is probably at the point that the income from Bravo isn't significant enough for him to be bothered with it.  We'll see.

That was odd to me too, but they really do sort of seem like parents of convenience.  They probably didn't want to risk her screaming through their luncheon.

eta - sounds harsh, I know...more than I intend, just don't know how else to say it I guess.

No, you didn't sound harsh.  I was thinking the same thing.  It's nice to have the baby at the after party so everyone can get their hands on her.  I'm going to be harsh by asking "why wasn't Monroe wearing a gorgeous white Christening dress"?  I've seen toddlers age 2 wearing white dresses to their Christening and some are simply gorgeous.  And then, you have the picture taking with all the guests with Monroe.  Either Jeff and Gage are clueless or there was a reason for both instances.  Let's ask Jeff, ha, ha, ha.

• Love 2

I am sure Jenni's daughter had the over the top long lace gown at her christening so Jeff and Gage are well aware of their fashion choices for the occasion for Monroe and chose to just put her in a pretty outfit.

I like the potential for a reboot of the show.

I can see the Gage sperm baby sooner with the stripped down work load of the firm.

Who was watching Monroe during the luncheon?

Bravo producers??

Joking... probably Jenni's daughter's, Alianna's nanny.

Edited by humbleopinion

Last episode Jeff told Zoila she could see the baby as much as she wanted but...I wonder if he meant that, or if that was to not look like a dick/further embarrass Zoila on television. She told the nanny not to listen to Gage because he wasn't the baby's "real" father! Gage--the primary caregiver, the one the baby turns to when she's sad or hurt. That's...pretty unforgivable, as far as I'm concerned. I would love to know what Jeff and Gage said to each other about it off camera. (I think Gage is savvy enough not to dump on Zoila on camera.).

If she can't affirm both of Monroe's parents then maybe she doesn't need to be in her life after all. As you all said, they perceive enough judgment from the world about being two dads raising a child. They don't need it in their own home, too. 

• Love 12

Jeff made a point to talk about the importance of a Baptism for him, so maybe Gage resisted the traditional white dress?   

Gage looked so tense during the service.  He was mouthing something to Chaz and Jenni about Monroe the moment she made a peep.   He just seems so controlling, so tightly wound.   Jeff at least has the bitchy sense of humor as a release.  Gage is just uptight.  

It appeared that Chaz had never met Monroe before he and his (now pleasant) assistant paid them a visit.    He practiced how to hold her and was instructed on what to do if she started crying.   Wouldn't a potential godparent have already met the baby prior to being asked to fill that role?   It's not like some out of state relative that they asked.   And how could Chaz possibly say no while being asked on camera?   

• Love 5

So I guess I'm the only one so far who found what seemed to be a nod to the Godfather with all the cutaways to outside action during the baptism somewhat unsettling. It was a great device in the film, but I personally wouldn't want any baby ceremony I had to recall that sequence. 

But I find religious ceremonies creepy in general anyway.

And I guess I'll be the small voice on here to say that babies should have a mother. That's nature's design.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, wallofsound said:

Jeff made a point to talk about the importance of a Baptism for him, so maybe Gage resisted the traditional white dress?   

Gage looked so tense during the service.  He was mouthing something to Chaz and Jenni about Monroe the moment she made a peep.   He just seems so controlling, so tightly wound.   Jeff at least has the bitchy sense of humor as a release.  Gage is just uptight.  

It appeared that Chaz had never met Monroe before he and his (now pleasant) assistant paid them a visit.    He practiced how to hold her and was instructed on what to do if she started crying.   Wouldn't a potential godparent have already met the baby prior to being asked to fill that role?   It's not like some out of state relative that they asked.   And how could Chaz possibly say no while being asked on camera?   

I"m not surprised that Chaz and even Jenny may not have much opportunity to hold or interact with Monroe.  Gage seems to keep that pretty tight.  I laughed when Chaz was holding Monroe in their house and she seemed just fine, happy, content and all the while Gage and Jeff are giving him INSTRUCTIONS on how to treat her.  Really? She seemed quite happy with Chaz holding her.  I wish they would just let her be.  She seems much more content than when she's with Gage.  Did  you notice that?  He seems strained and uptight around her.  It really is odd, imo.  Did anyone else sense that?

She seemed fine too, when Jeff was holding her at the photo shoot.  And smiling with the photographer.  I agree with Chaz.  Don't have such a preconceived idea that she's going to be a hand full, BEFORE it happens.  

I still don't buy that Jeff is happy in that relationship.  I think it's about the money and childcare and how it makes sense to stay together for now. 

• Love 1

Color me surprised that Jeff considers himself religious and wanted a baptism. I was also (happily) surprised to see that Monroe was fine throughout. Maybe there is something to the idea that her parents' (Gage's especially) expectations are bringing a lot of that out of her. I've always found that true with older kids, never really thought about it with babies. But if they're always tense, because they're waiting for her freak out, maybe she feeds off of that? 

At any rate, words of wisdom from ol Chaz Dean. When I saw how sweet he was with the baby, I almost forgot about the hair-destroying products he shills. 

I, too, wondered if this wasn't an end point. Vanina left. Zoila left. Cat left. Jennie is going on leave. I know the business will go on, but how many "cast" changes can viewers take? It becomes hard to get attached to anyone. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Maybe there is something to the idea that her parents' (Gage's especially) expectations are bringing a lot of that out of her.

Yes.  Just like when a little one falls down - often the first thing they do is look to their parents to see their reaction, in an attempt to guage whether or not they should be scared and start wailing.

• Love 2

Poor Jeff and Gage .. They crack me up.  They are so intent on being perfect parents, they are missing all the fun stuff little Monroe has to offer.  So she screams her head off.  Some babies do, and some babies don't.  She's being loved, fed, kept clean, whatever.  They are so blessed to have a gorgeous baby as her and should enjoy every minute instead of fretting over every little thing.  They need one book, "Dr. Spock" 1 st edition.  Good ole fashioned parenting.  I just hope Jeff and Gage get married already, have the second baby, and live happily ever after.  They both love that baby to pieces and the most precious gift they could give her is their time.  Too many nannies spoil the soup.  Like Jeff said, "he's worried about when she leaves for college already."  So Jeff and Gage,enjoy her now.  I hope this show comes back.  It's refreshing instead of housewives screaming, fighting and flipping tables.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

If you are a long time fan of the show, you caught a glimpse of Jeff's old biz partner...Chloe's dad.

Surprised, Jeff allowed that clip on the episode. Maybe fences were mended...

Poor Laura, she looked like a hostage sitting shotgun on the way to the church.

Thought Cat was an animatronic robot on loan to Jeff from Disney Labs...so...she was a person the whole time...color me shocked.

The priest was great... right out of Central Casting...hope the personable priest pops up on the show in the future.

The sound man of Flipping Out needs a special Emmy for his work recording the show with Monroe's shrieks and screams.

Bet he was the most attuned to Monroe's cries than anyone in the household....

His moving is knobs on his sound equipment wildly back and forth from zero to max.

I didn't see Ryan!!!  They must've made up and are still close.  I am surprised Chloe wasn't there too.

I didn't realize that was Laura until I watched it 2x!  I even said to myself the 1x, "I wonder who the older Asian woman is?"  Yes, I thought she looked very old and Asian!!!   

Loved the priest!!!  Who knew Jeff was that serious about Christianity and actually said that he is religious!!

33 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

This might have been the most boring episode ever, except for the weird little priest.  

This made me laugh!!  He was a weird little priest but I'm thinking of it in a good way!! 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

This might have been the most boring episode ever, except for the weird little priest.  

I didn't really think it was much of a finale either.  Enjoyed the baptism, but the Zoila stuff was already settled, and I wasn't invested in Cat so don't really care that she left.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I didn't really think it was much of a finale either. 

No it wasn't.  Also, if Jeff's business can operate for even a day with such a small staff, both domestic and professional, why have we had to watch the revolving door on what seems like enough people to fill a bus?  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Lady Writer said:

So I guess I'm the only one so far who found what seemed to be a nod to the Godfather with all the cutaways to outside action during the baptism somewhat unsettling. It was a great device in the film, but I personally wouldn't want any baby ceremony I had to recall that sequence. 

But I find religious ceremonies creepy in general anyway.

And I guess I'll be the small voice on here to say that babies should have a mother. That's nature's design.

Monroe has a "mom" . His name is Gage.

• Love 24
19 minutes ago, Willowsmom said:

Agree.  Wonder if he's so tense because he scared to death.  Scared that his role with Monroe is the only thing even close to locking down his future.

Off topic somewhat, but remember when he was doing the sit down after they toured Versailles and the warehouse, and he seemed filled with doom...almost like a battered spouse...said he/Gage would "pay" for all that clutter - that Jeff would need to compensate for it somehow.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
5 hours ago, Lady Writer said:

I guess I'll be the small voice on here to say that babies should have a mother. That's nature's design.

I don't know how to say this without offending either same sex couples or people who choose to formula feed, but here goes ... nursing a baby is the ultimate way to comfort and soothe them.    When I see Jeff & Gage frustrated with Monroe's screaming, I always feel badly that they don't have that as an option.   And who knows,  maybe it wouldn't even comfort Monroe or maybe her  discomfort is caused by something bigger.   I think I nursed my kids every single time they cried or fussed until they were probably six months old.   All of that being said,  I could not care less what anyone else chooses to feed their baby and I fully support same sex adoption.   Just relating what worked for me in comparison to the tools they have to work with.   

4 minutes ago, wallofsound said:

Just relating what worked for me in comparison to the tools they have to work with.   

I guess they could hire what used to be called a "wet nurse" if they wanted to go that route.  

Chaz's bungalows are like the Winchester Mystery House...they are never done getting the Jeff Lewis treatment....

Chaz himself was adopted so he is a good selection for godparent...plus he is rich....even after he settles the cases where people's hair fell out using his products he will still be wealthy.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Willowsmom said:

I don't think humans can will biology away, as much as they try. Milk production, estrogen, symbiosis -- it's not an accident. Now certainly not every mother or father feels a healthy bond to their child, and there are plenty of unfit parents. But bringing a child into the world expressly to separate it from its mother seems like an unkind thing to do, to me. There are plenty of motherless children to adopt.

You just proved my point. Who would you have Monroe be mothered by? The woman who's her biological mother or the woman she grew in?

Kids need people to love and nurture them. She has that. Jeff said her safe person, the one she wants when she's unhappy is Gage. He is fulfilling the role of nurturer as well as any female.

There was a recent story of a vulture sanctuary in, I believe, the Netherlands where they had an egg no mating pair would take. They also had a gay male couple. Having no one else to try to save the egg they put in the gay nest. The foster dads immediately began all the proper nesting behavior and now have a healthy chick.

Human adoption isn't all that easy if one wants to start with a newborn. Jeff and Gage made the best decision for their family.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Willowsmom said:

Human adoption isn't all that easy if one wants to start with a newborn. Jeff and Gage made the best decision for their family.

Life is not always about what "one wants." One doesn't have to start with a newborn. The best decision for Jeff and Gage may not be the best decision for the baby, who is deprived of her mother's milk during her most formative period, for one thing, at the most basic level. And as she gets older, however nurturing Gage may be, there may be an emotional hole as she wonders why her mother essentially sold her like a piece of merchandise.

Full disclosure: I'm a vegetarian who doesn't even approve of the way humans rip animal families apart or breed them because of their own desires to have cute little kittens or handbag puppies (I've seen way too many nature documentaries to buy the belief that animals don't bond to each other and feel emotional pain upon separation just like we do), so you're not going to convince me that human babies should be torn from their parents unless they are not fit to raise them for some reason.

Edited by Lady Writer
  • Love 1

The kid was clearly very colicky in the first few months.  There was probably a dietary component behind that:  She wasn't tolerating the formula they were giving her.  Probably breast milk would have helped, and I'm surprised breast milk banks aren't available for adoptive parents.  You'd think that would be a business opportunity.

Of course, fairly soon, the kid realized that her shrieking elicited a certain type of response, so now she shrieks when she wants the attention.  Jeff and Gage totally reinforce this behavior.  Obnoxious child and obnoxious parents.

did like the old wood floors, though, scavenged from poor people in Kentucky.

• Love 1