Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Under Cover Boss

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Nico and Brianna grow closer in spite of Nico's girlfriend back in Chicago; unexpected news sends Matt into an alcohol fueled day off; Kate challenges Jen and Brianna to a stewardess speed test with unexpected consequences.

• Love 1
On 10/19/2017 at 6:57 PM, OnceSane said:

Nico and Brianna grow closer in spite of Nico's girlfriend back in Chicago; unexpected news sends Matt into an alcohol fueled day off; Kate challenges Jen and Brianna to a stewardess speed test with unexpected consequences.

Matt going on a bender seems so unlike him.  At least we can be certain he won't let it impact is job performance the next day.  JFC.  It's like the same stupid episode every week this season.

• Love 9

When Matt asked his ex if she wanted to get together and she responded with a succinct “nope”, I instantly fell in like with her. 

Jen is delusional and such a waste of air time. 

Baker and EJ are kind of cute together.

Nico continues to be a complete asshole. 

• Love 24
30 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I just have to say I love Bruno.  He’s sweet, handsome and caring. 

Kate, Nico and Bri are ass holes.

Eh, Bruno was comforting Jen over having a temper tantrum because people are expecting her to do her job with respect and accountability.  She’s also blaming Kate for robbing her of her time with her daughter. Bruno also decided to tell Jen that she’s going home to her daughter while Kate is going home to nothing in comparison to that. There’s comforting and there’s *that*.

Not only does Nico have rage and control issues, but he also can’t stay faithful for just a handful of weeks. I can see why Bri finds that so irresistable. 

Speaking of Nico, I keep trying to pin down his speech and why I sometimes feel like he has an accent. I wonder if one or both of his parents have an accent of some kind. That would do it. 

5 minutes ago, laprin said:

When Matt asked his ex if she wanted to get together and she responded with a succinct “nope”, I instantly fell in like with her. 

That NOPE was fantastic.

• Love 15

Yes Bri, you're single.  If you're ever in a relationship and your SO makes out with someone other than you?  I hope you remember that the other person is single.

Everyone has their own set of standards. For me, personally, I think it's wrong to pursue someone who is not single. 

I don't hate Bri for it, but that's a part of her personality that I find selfish. 

I kind of feel for Matt, but I really loved the no nonsense "nope".

Hate the new charter.  And they were on screen for 3 minutes?

EJ.  God help you if you have to promote someone.  Somewhere, Bobby is bitching....

• Love 20

I don't understand how Nico can think he is coming off at all well this season. I though he ended last season as a jerk but he has multiplied that 10 fold this season and now his brother is coming. I like how Nico still thinks he's boss or at least co-boss but whenever anything goes wrong it is EJ's fault.

• Love 13

Two showmances? Geez.

Jen is a dumbass. Can't find oranges? Look Jen, you signed up to be a maid. Don't get mad because Kate is making you work in something that resembles an efficient manner. And the only reason you're working longer than the other stews is because it takes you eight years to do anything.

I've done my fair share of ... questionable ... making out, but not with a camera crew present and a SO hanging over my head. And for Bri to justify it as "he makes his own decisions, he's in the wrong", yes, that's true. But that doesn't make it okay to go along with it.

Kate knew exactly what she was doing switching around bunk assignments and it wasn't to improve morale by distracting Nico from EJ. 

Everytime I see her Baker reminds me of Jessie Spano from Saved by the Bell. I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not.

Whatever Matt expected out of this charter season, at least he broke up with his girlfriend in person beforehand. Nico sucks for stringing along his girlfriend and then breaking up with her via text.

The only good part about this season so far is Matt's self awareness regarding his mistakes and his seemingly genuine desire to want to change them.

• Love 11

Matt's ex for the win!  He broke up with her & then when Bri rejects him he wants back in- hell, no!  Plus, his drinking is truly a problem. Work on yourself, first, Matt.  Also, Nico,while I truly feel sorry for your loss , you used Melissa to comfort you in your time of need and now, you are telling her SHE's too needy.  She is better off without you. As will Bri be when the season is over and she moves on to her next adventure.  I'm no Jen apologist, but Kate really is mean to her - I remember how mean she was to (was it Amy?) and so I know she has it in her. Meanwhile, Jen has very little self awareness; go home to your daughter; wait a little longer for your dream- she needs you NOW!  And if I hear one of these people complain again how horrible it is to be them when they get $2100 for 3 days work and then a nice vacation at a resort, I will scream!  Yes, I'm sure taking care of spoiled rich people isn't fun, the rewards seem to be worth it .

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

Kate, Nico and Bri are ass holes.

Kate is horrible. It doesn't help that I watched a couple reruns this afternoon of her pulling the same crap on Amy, years ago.

Kate was 'that girl' in Middle School. And High School. And college. And now in the workplace. (And in the mall. At the grocery store. On the freeway. Her unpleasantness knows no bounds.)

That said, I did agree with her about needing new scenery after being on the boat for several weeks. Sometimes you just need terra firma and grass and trees. But she can still suck it. 

• Love 7

Jen would have been fired by now if this were not a tv show.  Because she works longer than the others, that doesn't mean she does a better job or works harder.  She is just slow.  When she was on the call with her daughter, the daughter was all worried about a test.   The little girl said she didn't know what the test was on or about?  Wrot wroh.  Jen just said don't stress about it, it's supposed to be fun.  When in the hell have tests ever been fun?  Couldn't she had said I know you can do it, or do you need someone to help you review or ask you questions to help you prepare?  No, I'll draw you a funny picture and it'll cheer you up?  Just seemed weird to me.

Kate has a mean streak, but damn, I'd have been tempted to throw Jen overboard by now.   Kate was nice to Jen on occasion and she seemed to go through the basics with both her stewardesses at the start.  Jen then whines and always says you don't need to tell me this or that.  Clearly, she does need to be told.  Maybe if they had a checklist - here's what you have to get done for the morning shift, here's what needs done for afternoon, evening.   Jen thought it'd be all lounging around on deck, seeing the Caribbean, and a little work.  You're a maid and a waitress (and part time entertainer as needed).

Bruno, that was shitty saying oh Jen you have someone to go home to, while Kate has no one.  How do you know who or what she has at home?  It's 

Nico is a dick.  You break up via text?  With your GF of over a year, who was there when your brother died? Yeah, he's a great catch, Bri.   Bri, you are THAT girl.  If the tables were turned, you would be the first one calling the other girl your BF worked with all sorts of "wonderful" names.  

Matt, you need to get your shit together.  His ex was the best - NOPE.  As soon as he has any disappointment or stresses out, he heads right to the bottle.  That's a problem.

The new guests are just horrid.  I want to get into my swimsuit! Oh, I hate this!  Yeah, she may be hot, but she's annoying, so that's why she's with Mr. Multi Chin.  

• Love 20
46 minutes ago, McManda said:

Two showmances? Geez.

Jen is a dumbass. Can't find oranges? Look Jen, you signed up to be a maid. Don't get mad because Kate is making you work in something that resembles an efficient manner. And the only reason you're working longer than the other stews is because it takes you eight years to do anything.

I've done my fair share of ... questionable ... making out, but not with a camera crew present and a SO hanging over my head. And for Bri to justify it as "he makes his own decisions, he's in the wrong", yes, that's true. But that doesn't make it okay to go along with it.

Kate knew exactly what she was doing switching around bunk assignments and it wasn't to improve morale by distracting Nico from EJ. 

Everytime I see her Baker reminds me of Jessie Spano from Saved by the Bell. I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not.

Whatever Matt expected out of this charter season, at least he broke up with his girlfriend in person beforehand. Nico sucks for stringing along his girlfriend and then breaking up with her via text.

The only good part about this season so far is Matt's self awareness regarding his mistakes and his seemingly genuine desire to want to change them.

I agree with you, but at least he did break up with her, and admitted the reason why.  Unlike Eddie, who was messing around on his girlfriend with Rocky, and just played the denial game over and over until he couldn't.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

Jen would have been fired by now if this were not a tv show.  Because she works longer than the others, that doesn't mean she does a better job or works harder.  She is just slow.  When she was on the call with her daughter, the daughter was all worried about a test.   The little girl said she didn't know what the test was on or about?  Wrot wroh.  Jen just said don't stress about it, it's supposed to be fun.  When in the hell have tests ever been fun?  Couldn't she had said I know you can do it, or do you need someone to help you review or ask you questions to help you prepare?  No, I'll draw you a funny picture and it'll cheer you up?  Just seemed weird to me.

Kate has a mean streak, but damn, I'd have been tempted to throw Jen overboard by now.   Kate was nice to Jen on occasion and she seemed to go through the basics with both her stewardesses at the start.  Jen then whines and always says you don't need to tell me this or that.  Clearly, she does need to be told.  Maybe if they had a checklist - here's what you have to get done for the morning shift, here's what needs done for afternoon, evening.   Jen thought it'd be all lounging around on deck, seeing the Caribbean, and a little work.  You're a maid and a waitress (and part time entertainer as needed).

Bruno, that was shitty saying oh Jen you have someone to go home to, while Kate has no one.  How do you know who or what she has at home?  It's 

Nico is a dick.  You break up via text?  With your GF of over a year, who was there when your brother died? Yeah, he's a great catch, Bri.   Bri, you are THAT girl.  If the tables were turned, you would be the first one calling the other girl your BF worked with all sorts of "wonderful" names.  

Matt, you need to get your shit together.  His ex was the best - NOPE.  As soon as he has any disappointment or stresses out, he heads right to the bottle.  That's a problem.

The new guests are just horrid.  I want to get into my swimsuit! Oh, I hate this!  Yeah, she may be hot, but she's annoying, so that's why she's with Mr. Multi Chin.  

Jen acts like an immature child.  The way she kept throwing snide "under her breath" comments to Kate when Kate was giving the instructions on the speed stew challenge.  Also, the way she rolled her eyes and made faces at Kate, and the sing-song replies - the list goes on and on and on!!

Yes, Kate can be a bitch, but she sometimes has to be, otherwise it's her ass on the line, more so than the others.  She is chief stew of a luxury yacht.  If things are shoddy in the interior, it falls on her shoulders.  I'm not excusing her methods, but being patient and kind didn't work with Jen either, so what is she supposed to do?  

I don't know - maybe it's because I really don't like Jen and her little girly voice and primping forever with her hair and her over-sensitivity to the hard work that is actually required in a stewardess' job.  I think she's going to be gone before the season ends, either on her own or via Cap'n Lee's Travel Agency with a one way ticket home.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 24
58 minutes ago, laprin said:

The "nope" was epic and perfect. It captured everything.

Jenderella is a lazy entitled brat. I was unsurprised to hear her terrible advice to her daughter. No doubt similar advice given to Jen 20 years ago is the reason Jenderella is the way she is. Seeing Jen trying to get the chicken or whatever animal she was trying to get to come to her makes me realize she really does think she's Jenderella.

Baker and EJ seem like nice enough people. That's in short supply this season.

Nico is a total asshole. There is no redeeming him. He is a petty awful person who is being nasty and undermining EJ because Captain Lee decided that Nico wasn't up to the task. His beef should be with Lee. Also does EJ have to call out every task in order for Nico to do it? I would think no because I don't recall EJ calling out an order for Nico to run the deck crew meeting. Everyone on that deck crew should know that once they get off the dock, they should take the luggage to the rooms. I suspect the real problem with the luggage is that deck crew has to wait for the guests to ID their luggage and tell the crew what room they are in. However, these guests preferred to sit on the deck drinking and bitching, somehow hoping that crew would figure it out through osmosis or telepathy. Of course, Nico was quick to blame EJ.

16 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I agree with you, but at least he did break up with her, and admitted the reason why.  Unlike Eddie, who just played the denial game over and over until he couldn't.

I think Eddie was broken up with his girlfriend before season 3 when he was banging Rocky. She had actually cheated on him before the season. Eddie spent almost all of the season trying to get back with her and I think they did get back together towards the end of the season, but Eddie never told her about Rocky (technically he shouldn't have to if they were broken up).

Nico is just an ass all around. Melissa, you have proof that he's a cheating piece of shit.

• Love 3

So Bruno is going to be sous chef for the evening meals--I expect there will be some amazing desserts to come (and no more of the pitiful bananas foster disasters). He seems super excited about this opportunity, but I wonder if that was Nico's call to make?  Shouldn't EJ be the one making that decision??

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Real4real said:

So Bruno is going to be sous chef for the evening meals--I expect there will be some amazing desserts to come (and no more of the pitiful bananas foster disasters). He seems super excited about this opportunity, but I wonder if that was Nico's call to make?  Shouldn't EJ be the one making that decision??

It was not Nico's call to make. EJ should have been the one asked if that was ok, but Lee screwed all of this up by not making the chain of command immediately clear to everyone. He still has Nico sit in on the precharter meetings. I suspect all of the food presentation is going to improve based off Bruno's restaurant and cruise ship experience.

• Love 20
52 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Nico is just an ass all around. Melissa, you have proof that he's a cheating piece of shit.

Didn’t Nico do something similar during the last season he was on.  I think he had just started dating the girl back in Chicago.  I remember him saying the same words “I shouldn’t be doing this but I don’t care.”

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Emmeline said:

Didn’t Nico do something similar during the last season he was on.  I think they had just started dating the girl back in Chicago.  I remember him saying the same words “I shouldn’t be doing this but I don’t care.”

He did. It might have even been the same girl. They were much earlier in their "relationship." I think they were in the talking to each other stage. However, once Nico got formally shot down by rabbity Emily and tried to make out with witless Sierra, he suddenly decided he was deeply in love with his girl in Chicago. If he had been attracted to Lauren, she would have blown him morning, noon, and night.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

I think my favorite part was Jen proclaiming that she was exercising her “civil rights” against Kate telling her to just do her job. Yeah, Kate’s just trying to oppress her freedom of speech. It’s as if Jen has never worked a job in her life. 

Always gives me a hearty laugh when Good Ship Lolllipoop gives lectures on management. SHE was a manager at one time, you know, so it's perfectly appropriate and wise to critique Kate's sins rather than work on her bad attitude. Lordy. I love when Bruno tells candy ass, "You are the wiener [winner] here!"  She needs to stay on land, work at Taco Bell, and raise her daughter.

Edited by tilt-a-whirl
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Yeah, he's a great catch, Bri.   Bri, you are THAT girl.   

Bri never considered Nico a catch or a long term relationship. She just needed to get her rocks off.  Blech.

In her recent visit to the podcast, After Deck with Kate Chastain, Bri told Kate her attraction to Nico is nothing more than a result of "cabin fever."  "I see it more as a little boat fling," Bri explained to Kate. "A boat fling for me is something to pass the time by. If you have to spend so long on a boat for a period of time, you need something."

http://www.bravotv.com/below-deck/blogs/brianna-adekeye-says-her-romance-with-nico-scholly-is-just-a-boat-fling

Edited by ryebread
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

He did. It might have even been the same girl. They were much earlier in their "relationship." I think they were in the talking to each other stage. However, once Nico got formally shot down by rabbity Emily and tried to make out with witless Sierra, he suddenly decided he was deeply in love with his girl in Chicago. If he had been attracted to Lauren, she would have blown him morning, noon, and night.

I was trying to remember who he was trying to hook up with.  You refreshed my memory.  It was both Emily and Sierra and they weren’t interested.  It is sad that Nico’s girl back home must have helped him through his brother’s death and now he cheats on her again.  I tried to cut him some slack because of the death of his brother, but there’s no excuse for this behavior.  Him saying he wants to do something to make himself happy is just trying to justify his bad behavior.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Bri never considered Nico a catch or a long term relationship. She just needed to get her rocks off.

In her recent visit to the podcast, After Deck with Kate Chastain, Bri told Kate her attraction to Nico is nothing more than a result of "cabin fever."  "I see it more as a little boat fling," Bri explained to Kate. "A boat fling for me is something to pass the time by. If you have to spend so long on a boat for a period of time, you need something."

http://www.bravotv.com/below-deck/blogs/brianna-adekeye-says-her-romance-with-nico-scholly-is-just-a-boat-fling

Doesn’t really make it better. I’m not sure why it’s so difficult for people to not cheat and for people to not hook up with other people who are involved in a relationship, It’s literally a handful of weeks. These crews on BD and BD: Med act as if they’ve been imprisoned for decades. 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, fifty8th said:

I don't understand how Nico can think he is coming off at all well this season. I though he ended last season as a jerk but he has multiplied that 10 fold this season and now his brother is coming. I like how Nico still thinks he's boss or at least co-boss but whenever anything goes wrong it is EJ's fault.

32 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Didn’t Nico do something similar during the last season he was on.  I think he had just started dating the girl back in Chicago.  I remember him saying the same words “I shouldn’t be doing this but I don’t care.”

I was just going to ask this.  I do think he did and to the same girl and spent a season boo hooing about how he screwed up..........I don't want to hear one word from him about his newest screw up.

I hated how the guys portrayed Baker as a slut.  Very disrespectful!

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Doesn’t really make it better. I’m not sure why it’s so difficult for people to not cheat and for people to not hook up with other people who are involved in a relationship, It’s literally a handful of weeks. These crews on BD and BD: Med act as if they’ve been imprisoned for decades. 

Oh, I agree. I think Bri broke girl code in 50 different directions. And just did it because she could

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 7

Jenderella is the antithesis of work smarter, not harder.  Although I guess running around like a chicken with its head cut off looking for things is good exercise.  She is so slow and can't remember shit and can never find anything.  How many weeks in are they?  And she can't find the oranges?  I love that that drawer was shown open during her search, because that's obviously where the oranges would be.  She might be the stupidest person that's ever been on this show and we're talking about a show that Sierra was on.  I have also noticed she does weird shit and I think maybe she's trying to be sexy or flirty and it is just way off base like a few episodes back when she was supposedly having an orgasm at the dinner table or in this episode when she was doing her Havaianas dance or when she was asking Kate if the bed was how she likes it (although I think that "sexy" wiggle was sarcastic).  Also, she's just whiny and sucks.  Oh and I hate the faces she pulls in response to things.  She's not the zany sitcom star she thinks she is in the dramedy of her life that's totally running in her head.

Matt is kind of annoying in his messiness an needs to get a handle on his emotional drinking for sure.  I kind of feel like he should jump on the grenade and hook up with Jen to save everyone from her weird flirting.  I mean not really, but if they were not real people with free will that's how I'd set it up.

Nico and Bri suck and deserve each other.  He should have broken up with his girlfriend first.  I love that Nico was talking shit about Matt's drinking and worried about how it might impact his cooking, so he took him to a wine bar.  

I have a feeling Bruno is going to kill it as sous.

I loved Kate sitting in that hot tub by herself not giving a fuck.  She is such a shit stirrer with her room assignment shenanigans.

EJ is an annoying goober, but I like him and Baker together.  It seems like it kind of works.  For some reason I have way less of an issue with these two possibly dating than Wes and Malia.  Maybe because they are not sneaky and smug.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, ryebread said:

Bri never considered Nico a catch or a long term relationship. She just needed to get her rocks off.  Blech.

On one hand, she did Melissa a favor by Nico showing he wasn't actually committed. 

On the other hand, in which the middle finger is the only one extended, I've gone from "selfish part of Bri's personality to

She's a complete See You Next Tuesday. 

Pass your time with someone who isn't trying to navigate being committed to someone else.

• Love 5

I don’t think it’s cool at all what Bri did and I don’t think her being single gives her a free pass, but it kind of is perfect how she basically did to Nico what he did to Melissa. The idiot dumped someone who cared for him for a brief meaningless fling lololol I wonder if Nico was aware that Bri only wanted a fling or he thought it was a serious thing. I’m going to assume once the season ended they stopped hanging out. 

I will say, however, Nico has been outspoken about his history of infidelity. Presumably his girlfriend knew this about him (maybe not) so if you know that’s how the guy is, you know what you’re signing up for. However, he’s still a selfish tool. Lauren really dodged a bullet last season. It’s a good thing Bri didn’t want to fully commit to him because otherwise she’s equally stupid if she didn’t realize he’d probably also cheat on her too. They’d been “dating” for not 24 hours when the next guests arrived and he was talking about the primary’s GF. Gross. 

I’m going to assume the reshuffling of bunks was producer manipulation, and they just made Kate do the delegating to look like it was her idea.

Kate is being pretty awful, is she allowed to give the stews different length breaks? But on the other hand, Jen takes way longer to do everything. I can’t believe she really thinks she works the hardest. The longest does not equal the hardest. Aside from Bri’s fling with Nico, she otherwise acts professional and she tried to tell Jen in the nicest, most delicate way possible what she could do to improve and Jen ran away immediately. While Kate isn’t exactly the nicest person all the time, I think Jen was far out of line speaking to her boss the way she did, questioning her authority, etc. They should give her a plane ticket home and make Bruno a stew. Or hire a new stew in her place. At this point she’s only being kept around for shenanigans. 

I like EJ and Baker together. However EJ needs to finally tell Nico where to shove it. The only reason Nico thinks he runs the boat is because no one has had the balls to tell him he doesn’t. When he was running the crew meeting that would have been the opportunity for EJ to interject and say that was his job to run meetings, etc. Lee should also have Nico stop being part of the prep meetings. I’m pretty sure last season Nick mocked Trevor who was the senior/lead deckhand, now he acts like that means he runs the boat. I don’t get why he didn’t just stay at home this season and deal with all these issues. I hope he sees what an ass he’s been all season and reevaluates himself. 

These next charter guests look like they will be insufferable. The girl is just plain Paris Hilton shallow and dumb. Dating an old grandpa for his money and making condescending remarks the whole time. Oh but she’s “hot” so all the guys drool over her. Seriously? An ugly personality quickly destroys a pretty face. Idiots.

• Love 6

Well, these charter guests just keep getting better and better, eh? The Blindside guests weren't overt assholes or anything. But there was this underlying superiority that just rubbed me the wrong way. Even during their send off. Look, I know Matt flubbed the Banana's Foster. Big time. No excuse. But HE knows this. It was addressed. We've moved on. What is the point in bringing that up, in front of everyone, right as you're handing over this giant tip? It seemed like another way of proving how magnanimous they are. "Hey, even though you served us this horrible dessert, we're still giving you guys $21k. Remember that." Ugh. 

But these next guests? Particularly the young, engaged lady? Hard pass. When even Kate looks ready to bail, you know it's bad. Because she puts up with a lot. But right off the bat this chick is running around like a maniac, demanding drinks and insisting everyone "party". I can tell she's one of those peer pressure drinkers, and I HATE those types of people. And, yes, the bag thing was not cool. But she was acting like she ended up on a row boat instead of a yacht. You'll get your bathing suit, honey, calm down. Also, she said "A-F" out loud. So she sucks at life. 

Now, onto the crew. Some big changes happening this week. Bruno gets to sous for Matt, which I think will be pretty cool for both of them. And, in an attempt to get EJ  a bigger bunk, Kate plays a fun game of musical beds where Bri and Nico end up in the same room! Yay! Not that things wouldn't have progressed between them anyhow, but still....

Nico is just so gross to me. I'm very sorry that he lost his brother, but I hate the way he's using that to explain away all his shitty behavior. The way he has treated his gf/ex is unacceptable. He's trying to put it all on her. "She's insecure". Well, I wonder why? 

And, I need to ask - are the little text pop-ups they show real? Because, if so, Nico can go eat a bag of dicks. What a vile way to dump someone. "I found someone on board who can give me what I need". I.E. - YOU don't. Fuck you, Nico. And fuck you too, Bri. Nico cheating is on him, but don't be THAT girl. 

And in Matt's world, his ex gave him a big ol "nope". I hope that wakes him up. He does seem to be doing some reflecting and TRYING to change. I hope he keeps at it. Stop drinking. Stop texting your ex. Focus on your job and stay good and single for a long time while you work your shit out. Once YOU'RE in a good place, the rest will follow. 

Baker and EJ? Okay. They both annoy me, so maybe it's not a bad match. I do like that Baker went for it and ordered pasta on a date. 

Then we have Jen and Kate, the most contentious relationship on the boat. I don't feel one bit sorry for Jen. I feel sorry for Kate. And Bri. (ONLY in a work sense, she sucks as a person.) Six charters in and you can't find some fucking oranges? So you give up and let the morning stew scramble? Yea, no. Jen's problem is that she is so consumed with being a victim that she can't focus on anything else. She COULD be better at her job by now, if she didn't spend the whole day bitching about how hard she has it. She has ZERO self awareness. She wants to blame KATE for missing out on time with her daughter? I'm pretty sure Kate didn't force you to go work on a yacht for however many weeks. She will never change. She has no interest in learning. She's a mouthy, entitled, disrespectful little brat and I am surprised Kate hasn't sent her home by now. 

• Love 14

Oh, Yawn. Another old man charter primary with a young bimbo girlfriend and her friends. How many times do we have to see that? 

I still like EJ. Nico is showing no respect for EJ at all and Capt'n Lee is letting him get away with it, unless he doesn't have a clue what is going on with his crew, which makes Capt'n Lee look really incompetent. I just don't like the way Lee handled the bringing EJ on board situation. 

12 hours ago, Emmeline said:

And has abs of steel!

Why does Matt need a sous chef? I know Bruno enjoys doing that but I can't recall any other chef needing help. Matt is worthless. 

• Love 3

I took it that they were trying to provide Bruno more of a role on the show with talk of this sous chef.  I mean, give him something to say or do. 

I finally figured out who Baker reminds me of.  Her mannerism, voice and the way she moves her mouth when talking is quite similar to Miley Cyrus.  lol Seriously.  

• Love 13

I think Jen spent more time writing the note than she did looking for the oranges.  I feel bad for Kate that she has to put up with Jen.  She is so childish.

The Nico Bri thing hits close to home.  I just broke up with a cheating sociopath.  I get so angry watching them. And Bri… you know he has a GF.  You are just as guilty as he is

I didn’t get the “date” vibe from EJ and Baker’s date.  I think she was extending an olive branch and trying to get to know her boss better.  I didn’t see any sparks on her end and nothing indicating a date.  I think EJ misinterpreted it.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, NaughtyKitty said:

I didn’t get the “date” vibe from EJ and Baker’s date.  I think she was extending an olive branch and trying to get to know her boss better.  I didn’t see any sparks on her end and nothing indicating a date.  I think EJ misinterpreted it.

I thought the same. Then it confused me when Baker said something to EJ about going on a double date with Nico and Bri. So now I'm not sure what Baker's intention is. It's inappropriate to date your boss, though, so if EJ thought it was a date then he should have declined.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

It actually makes it worse in my opinion, not as bad as Nico, but flirting/hooking up with a dude your not really interested in who has a girlfriend because your bored is vile. Again, Nico is more to blame and it's his relationship but Bri is also a shitty person.

• Love 12

Jen and the nasty, immature faces she makes!! Sticking out her tongue, wiggling her butt, sarcastic tone of voice. If I was Kate I would have fired her ass and thrown her overboard. (Yes, I know, production wants her around) but in the REAL world she would have walked the plank. 

If EJ is the boss he needs to act like it! Letting Baby Nico take over and tell everyone what to do would be a No Go with me! We'd be having a chat about who's the senior person and who is not. Nico had a chance. He blew it. I kinda like EJ but I really want him to open his mouth and tell Nico where to get off. 

Kates amazing! I worked in the food industry for 45 years and what they do is hard as hell and they are trapped with those guests and can't even punch out and go home! However they make BANK on those cruises so that would work for me! If Below Deck is looking for a 60 year old who can still can work her ass off....Call me....Guarantee I'll run rings around Jen! 

I was all WTF when Jen is talking to her daughter and the kid says "I don't know" what the test is about! Uh yeah you do know. (Mother of 3 here.) Next is question is" What is the topic? Why aren't you prepared?" NOT "Oh don't stress over it"!! Yes it's a test!!! You're supposed to stress over it! Do your best or don't do it at all! 

• Love 15

Nico is one nasty PoS gaslighting entitled prick on the verge of sociopathy. It made me all kinds of stabby when he was scolding his girlfriend for being all needy and calling when she knows he was "working" nonstop all he time. Bitch, please, you are working all the time if you consider trying to get in Bri's pants as working. Then I just love his bullshit rationalization of "I'm just trying to make myself happy. I deserve that," said every sociopath always. And then he thinks he is being a good guy by breaking up with his girlfriend of one year via text with a message along the line of "You have been replaced by a better model." And then he looks all satisfied when drunk Matt (who can't get back the girl he threw away) gives his approval for him being a stand up guy. Ugh. Is it obvious yet that I hate Nico with the fire of 1,000 suns?

Don't even get me started on how he pulls out his brother's death as an excuse for everything. I would have so much for sympathy for Nico if he did not use the death as he get out of jail free card for all his numerous fuck ups. Not to mention what an ass he is being around EJ. Face it, Nico, if you weren't such a colossal fuck up, EJ would not be there. He really needs to take a seat. And from the previews of his brother's visit next week (a flabbier paler version of Nico) it seems that being a douche runs in the family.  My only consolation is that Nico has now outed himself on national TV as a complete douche and reprobate.

I feel better now, thanks, guys. ;-)

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

Then I just love his bullshit rationalization of "I'm just trying to make myself happy. I deserve that," said every sociopath always.

Right???? He said he was making himself happy "for once", as if he's been some big doormat to others his whole life. Haha, little fucker. 

• Love 23
8 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Right???? He said he was making himself happy "for once", as if he's been some big doormat to others his whole life. Haha, little fucker. 

Totally! Poor, long suffering, put upon Nico. His ability to wallow in victimhood and perceived slights is right up there with Jen. Those two really are like King and Queen of the Victimhood Prom.

I feel like I need a shower  after watching those two practice their shtick on my TV.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

was all WTF when Jen is talking to her daughter and the kid says "I don't know" what the test is about! Uh yeah you do know. (Mother of 3 here.) Next is question is" What is the topic? Why aren't you prepared?" NOT "Oh don't stress over it"!! Yes it's a test!!! You're supposed to stress over it! Do your best or don't do it at all! 

Yeah that was some crazy fucking bad parenting and she is going to raise a child as lazy, dumb and entitled as she is. Not everything is supposed to be fun. 

• Love 6

Next week looks like a show of douchebaggery with the brothers douchebag being featured.  Unless there is a promise of both Nico and his brother and what the hell Bri being dumped in a bucket of chum and thrown overboard I don't know if I can watch.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

Why is it called a "bunny pad"? I just don't get it.

Been around boats all my life and I've never heard it called that. All I can figure is, those padded platforms remind me of Hugh Hefner's bed. So women in skimpy bathing suits lying around on them = bunny pad. 

That's all I've got.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, BogoGog24 said:

These next charter guests look like they will be insufferable. The girl is just plain Paris Hilton shallow and dumb. Dating an old grandpa for his money and making condescending remarks the whole time. Oh but she’s “hot” so all the guys drool over her. Seriously? An ugly personality quickly destroys a pretty face. Idiots.

This was Kate's goal when she first became a Stew.  She was hoping to bag some older rich guy but it did not work out for her.  Now she is well into her thirties and the bloom is off that rose.  Kate has become a mean bitter shrew.  She is so jealous of these young girls who HAVE bagged their old rich guys that she can't see straight.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, dosodog said:

I think it's wrong to pursue someone who is not single

I think it's unethical to pursue someone who is not single because you're just as guilty in the affair if they choose to cheat. Also, it's not in your own self-interest to pursue someone who is in a relationship. It's known that married men are highly unlikely to leave their wives for their mistresses. Even if they do, relationships that develop from an affair are much more likely to fail, oftentimes also due to infidelity. Personally, I don't understand why anyone would want to be with someone who is willing to have an affair. It reflects a lack of character and great disrespect for that person's significant other. I can't understand why anyone would expect the person they are having an affair with to have any more respect for them than that person has for their current significant other, especially since you're willing to give it up without any kind of commitment.

• Love 16
14 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I think Eddie was broken up with his girlfriend before season 3 when he was banging Rocky. She had actually cheated on him before the season. Eddie spent almost all of the season trying to get back with her and I think they did get back together towards the end of the season, but Eddie never told her about Rocky (technically he shouldn't have to if they were broken up).

This is not how I remember it. It seemed to me when we were watching that season that he was with his girlfriend in spite of her cheating and they were working on their relationship. I remember him making a point of saying how he was the one being faithful while out on charter, while she was the one who cheated.

• Love 6