Type keyword(s) to search

Gone But Not Forgotten: Characters/Actors You Miss

• Start Topic

Ah, Keemo...Jack's illegitimate half-Asian son. Too bad they never brought him back, it would have been interesting to see him involved more with the Abbotts and with Jabot.

Also, Mari Jo was a pretty good villain too. Someone else they should have brought back.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 5
On 1/1/2022 at 8:48 PM, One Tough Cookie said:

Snapper and Greg

Yep, Snapper was a hot bad boy, but a good bad boy. And he and Greg had their sibling rivalry. In the beginning they were both in love with Chris Brooks.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

Rafe Torres.  I liked the actor and the character.  Genoa City could use a lawyer who wasn't Amanda or Michael.  His history both with Billy and with Adam would add some tension and history to things.

Plus, the guy wasn't a putz.  Not something we can say about most characters these days.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, boes said:

Rafe Torres.  I liked the actor and the character.  Genoa City could use a lawyer who wasn't Amanda or Michael.  His history both with Billy and with Adam would add some tension and history to things.

Plus, the guy wasn't a putz.  Not something we can say about most characters these days.

Who was that really cute kid that worked for Jack and Glo? I miss him and Rafe. They both had a nice, straightforward acting style.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Who was that really cute kid that worked for Jack and Glo? I miss him and Rafe. They both had a nice, straightforward acting style.

Do you mean Ravi?  I can't think of someone who worked for Gloria...

• Love 3

I seem to remember that Ravi and Ashley had a hot affair while they were both working at Jabot. I liked him as did a lot of the commenters on this site so of course, he was gone in a NY minute. Boo.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

Do you mean Ravi?  I can't think of someone who worked for Gloria...

Ravi was IT. There was a guy who was an executive assistant. He'd be at Glo's desk. He was short lived and really never had any story. Then they just never bothered with him any more. I had forgotten all about him. Ravi, on the other hand, was so great with Ashley. I wish they had kept going with that pairing. I really liked them together.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, deirdra said:

Ravi, Ted and Dr. Silverhair are all missed. They made Y&R worth watching, unlike the drivel we're getting now.

And now we're losing RB. I hope the new guy is good, at least. AH really lit up with RB, I wonder if she'll have any chemistry with NuAshland?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 1/16/2022 at 3:45 PM, Snaporaz said:

Robert Newman held his own for years partnered with a chronic scenery chewer

Perhaps he can put Phyllis and Sally in their places at Y&R if he is so good with scenery chewers.  Someone needs to rein them in!

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Josh Lewis evolved over the years.  When he first arrived on Guiding Light, he was a shady (and hot!) playboy type macking on Morgan (the show's heroine at the time).  A new regime came in and gave him more family and back-story with Reva, turning him into "Joshua" instead of Josh..  He became more "country" (his family had Oklahoma oil money) and was the more sensible younger brother.  I guess he was kind of a Nick Newman type?  Maybe not as annoying as Nick can be. 

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, JasonCC said:

Whatever happened to the gay Asian male front desk guy at Jabot?

I think Ashley poached him - when she and Jack were at odds - to go work at her company in Paris.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

Speaking of front desk people...I seem to remember one who had a limp and a cane? Jabot or Newman I can't remember. Like she had polio as a child or something?

Carole.

She had a romance with the Jabot photographer Skip, then couldn't get pregnant so they tried to adopt a baby from a teen mom Nan...and a custody battle happened.  They won and faded into backburner land (1988 to 1991 is how long this spanned).

I kind of miss Lynne, Paul's assistant..as well as Marissa..Diane's assistant 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Tricia Dennison.  What a character and written beautifully by the masterful Bill Bell.  The actress riveting performances left an imprint in my mind.  Bill Bell took his time to craft this story and he delivered in spades.. What a great time that it was to be a fan of his work..  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Tricia Dennison.  What a character and written beautifully by the masterful Bill Bell.  

Did he craft the story of her putting knock out drops in Victor's tea so that she could have sex with him in her black bra & panties? 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Did he craft the story of her putting knock out drops in Victor's tea so that she could have sex with him in her black bra & panties? 

I've always wondered how something like that works. Wouldn't a man have ...like no...spring in his step after ingesting knock out drops?

• Love 3
On 4/11/2022 at 6:07 PM, peacheslatour said:

I've always wondered how something like that works. Wouldn't a man have ...like no...spring in his step after ingesting knock out    knock UP drops?

Fixed that for you.

Available sex of any kind will motivate some men, no matter how wretched he feels, the same way the North Star guides people home.

It's in the Jeans.  Usually, levi.  

Edited by boes
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, boes said:

Fixed that for you.

Available sex of any kind will motivate a man, no matter how wretched he feels, the same way the North Star guides people home.

It's in the Jeans.  Usually, levi.  Never Gloria Vanderbilt.  Unless she was in them.

Dude, what are you smoking? I want some.

• LOL 3
On 1/15/2022 at 1:39 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Brenda Epperson as Ashley.

Unpopular opinion, she was better than Eileen as Ashley.

I loved Brenda Epperson as Ashley.  The Blade/Mari jo/Rick/Ashley storyline was dynamite with the twists and turns.   Brenda was spot on as Ashley during her tenure on the show. She brought a sweetness and lightheartedness to Ashley that I enjoyed.

I loved Eileen's version as well but her Ashley seemed more like a vixen after she came back to the role after having played Kristen for so many years on days of our lives.

Fun fact: It was Eileen that suggested the producers and writers cast Brenda as Ashley since she and Brenda looked so much alike after she left the role.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Brenda Epperson as Ashley was probably one of the better recasts on a soap ever.

You know its a good recast when you cannot remember which actress was playing Ashley during a certain storyline and remember it as Eileen but are shocked to see an old episode showing it was Brenda.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Brenda Epperson as Ashley was probably one of the better recasts on a soap ever.

Agree completely.  And Ashley #3 was one of the worst recasts ever.  Not as bad as NeverBilly, but still pretty bad.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

And Ashley #3 was one of the worst recasts ever.  Not as bad as NeverBilly, but still pretty bad.

So true. When this awful recast (don't even want to mention her name) was playing Ash, there was also a short term skinny blonde Victoria. All of a sudden it was hard to tell who was who because there were a bunch of new skinny blondes running around, having all these scenes together. I remember one day there were these three skinny blondes and I was all mixed up and couldn't tell which one was which. It was like, wait she's not Victoria, she's Victoria, no wait wait she is Victoria, or is this other one Victoria?

• LOL 9
On 4/15/2022 at 4:54 AM, SweePea59 said:

I remember one day there were these three skinny blondes and I was all mixed up and couldn't tell which one was which. It was like, wait she's not Victoria, she's Victoria, no wait wait she is Victoria, or is this other one Victoria?

That confused me too.  As did Kevin Schmidt's entire reign as Noah Newman because he looked and acted like David Tom's Billy Abbott. I'd wonder, why is he hitting on his stepmother? or ignoring his sister for no reason? Then it would hit me why the last 10 minutes of the SL made no sense, but was not worth rewinding to watch again.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 4/13/2021 at 6:33 PM, peacheslatour said:

I agree. I really liked Rafe. Why do they take all the cute ones away? Ravi, Keemo, Rafe and who can forget Det. Harding?

One character I'm still not happy with the show over killing off besides Colleen is Ji Min Kim who was portrayed by Eric Steinberg. I remember people on message boards at the time wanting him to turn out to be an amnesiac Keemo with a new face especially when that character was in a relationship with Jill. The actor was really handsome and he was good in the role too. 

Seeing Rafe mentioned made me think of Raul who made me think of Brittany who made me think of Bobby Marsino. That's another supposedly bumped off character I wished they had found some way to bring back. I say supposedly because I think Bobby was supposed to have been killed in a hit and run off screen while in witness protection.

On 4/11/2022 at 2:43 PM, Pearson80 said:

Tricia Dennison.  What a character and written beautifully by the masterful Bill Bell.  The actress riveting performances left an imprint in my mind.  Bill Bell took his time to craft this story and he delivered in spades.. What a great time that it was to be a fan of his work..  

I remember being mad for quite awhile over the fact that they had Tricia gun down Ryan. I wasn't happy that they had her bump off Tony either. He may not have been the smartest character ever at times what he was though was a lovable himbo. I liked both of the actors that played him. I always liked Tricia's sister Megan better than her. Anyone else remember that figure skater Tara Lipinski played Marnie who was a friend of Megan's? 

I have no recollection of that Tricia drugging Victor stuff. I may have been taking a break at that point for a bit because I was uncomfortable at times with how far they were taking Tricia at the time.

On 4/15/2022 at 5:54 AM, SweePea59 said:

So true. When this awful recast (don't even want to mention her name) was playing Ash, there was also a short term skinny blonde Victoria. All of a sudden it was hard to tell who was who because there were a bunch of new skinny blondes running around, having all these scenes together. I remember one day there were these three skinny blondes and I was all mixed up and couldn't tell which one was which. It was like, wait she's not Victoria, she's Victoria, no wait wait she is Victoria, or is this other one Victoria?

I had to look up what skinny blonde you meant when referring to Victoria. I completely blanked that Sarah Aldrich played her for a year or so. That actress always had a distinctive voice. She wasn't an awful recast though I will say she was miscast IMHO.

My Mom and I nicknamed the third Ashley "Fish Lips" due to the way she kissed co-stars. She was Ronn Moss's (ex-Ridge, B&B) at the time which we thought must have been a big reason that she was cast as Ashley because it sure wasn't due to her acting skills. She was bad but not Charity Rahmer (ex-Belle, Days) level of bad. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 4/27/2023 at 6:24 PM, jschoolgirl said:

Heather Tom will always be the one true Victoria.

Truth! and she is so wasted on the awful B&B. Dies anybody remember why she made the switch? I imagine it would be too mean to fire whatshername to get Heather back?

I vaguely remember that Casey was a pretty kickass character. Maybe she will come to Nikki’s rescue from this demon potential relative?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 11/12/2023 at 5:20 PM, lgprimes said:

Truth! and she is so wasted on the awful B&B. Dies anybody remember why she made the switch?

I think HT left the show when there was that big producers/writers change. The show went completely downhill after that. It's just been one bad team after another. Some being worse than others and the show being in a really bad state right now.

I was okay with Katie until she cheated with her niece Bridget's husband Nick. I felt that was too out of character and since then she has no leg to stand on regarding her high horse morality. Even though I don't like Katie, I do like HT. And I can't stand the awful Victoria we're stuck with now. She's the pits.

• Like 3