Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Lethe

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Lebanna said:

Except Tilly. Which begs the question - what is wrong with Tilly?

When Burnham checks the Starfleet Cadet database, the real Tilly will be reported killed in a training accident....

Had we not already known him for 5 seasons prior, Cadet Nog would've looked rather anxious, eager, and excitable as well when serving on the Defiant during wartime. Imagine if his cadet field experience during those years placed him on a ship other than one where he knew all the crew from his pre-academy days, and he would've been more out-of-sorts. Still not to Tilly's level of social awkwardness, but not entirely different either.

I really don't get the comparisons of Sylvia to Wesley.  She's smart and capable, but not superhumanly so. She's not somebody's Mary Sue, as Wesley was in a way for Gene Roddenberry.

• Love 1

This episode did nothing to dissuade me that Ash is some kind of spy.  Even during the previous 'escape episode' they dropped hints that he wasn't who he appeared to be .... now he 'Fights like a Klingon'?  Yeah.

Although that said, I thought they would bring back Capt. Georgiou because her death wound didn't seem so deadly, but we all know how that prediction turned out.  I also predicted Lorca would blow up the shuttle with the Admiral.  So based on my track record thus far this could all be a massive misdirect and Tilly was the spy the whole time!

Still unhappy they had to go and link Michael's history to Spock and Sarek (it makes the universe seem very, very small) but James Frain was great.  More of him thanks.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:26 AM, thuganomics85 said:

So, apparently early replicators would actually tell you what is in your food and all that good stuff.  I'm guessing they changed it in future upgrades, because there complaints from people that they felt like they were being judged!

Plus Deanna Troi could NEVER have indulged her love for chocolate.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:44 PM, that one guy said:

Cadet Tilly - where does she hide all that hair? Clearly she has a scrunchie that's connected to the evil mushroom dimension. See Stamets above.

Dr. Wilson Cruz - You'd think he'd notice his boyfriend was possessed by an alien entity, wouldn't you?

Alien mushroom scrunchies for the win!

And yeah, why has nobody commented on Stamets' total personality transplant?

Does Discovery have NO OTHER Security Officers? Immediately appointing a guy you jut met to be security chief seems a bit reckless, to say the least. OTOH, it's not as if Security have exactly  shown a high degree of competence thus far.

OK, so it's definitely a telepathic link to Sarek (however implausible that is)

When did Michael become so important that Lorca will threaten the Pilot not to come back if she dies!?

I guess Starfleet doesn't have rules against cross fraternisation!

Is there a reason Sarek didn't beam his (attempted) assassin off the ship? Do Vulcan shuttles not have a transporter? It's not as if he didn't have time.

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:02 PM, tennisgurl said:

Lorca might be a total mess, but I dont really think Cornwall was in the right to try to bench him for being jumpy. I mean, the guy was captured and tortured, like, a week ago.

Though it is in keeping with how Starfleet operates - they just expect their officers to just bounce back from torture. Picard didn't get any time off after Chain of Command.

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:11 PM, AEMom said:

I thought that Lorca was going to kill Cornwell in his room or blow up the shuttle.

Me too! He was ice cold on insisting on getting orders, though. Is he going to sabotage the rescue effort?

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:35 PM, 2727 said:

It was nice to see Lorca* in an age-appropriate sexual relationship.

* i.e., any middle-aged man on TV or the movies.

Plenty of onscreen romances involve middle aged men - it's just it's usually with somebody young enough to be their daughter (Jayne Brook is actually slightly older than Jason Isaacs).

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 10/23/2017 at 1:17 AM, Unusual Suspect said:

The fact that the replicator gives you commentary on your food choices is frickin' hilarious.

Probably brought to you by the same people who put the nutrition labels on food in the present.  I can't help but notice that in "later" shows, they've removed that little trait from the computer.

I half expected Lorca to have sabotaged the shuttle with the Admiral so that it would blow up.  Apparently he's not quite that far gone.

Sarek seems a little on the emotional side.  I guess that explains his fetish for humans.

Edited by rmontro
On 1/26/2019 at 7:36 PM, John Potts said:

Picard didn't get any time off after Chain of Command.

He did after The Best of Both Worlds. And even if it wasn't referred to that way, they had a PTSD storyline with Picard that flowed from that which did get revisited periodically, up through the current Picard show. 

• Love 1