Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E07: Week 6: A Night At The Movies

• Start Topic

Absurd.  

TO, whom I actually like, was stiff as a board in a classic Cheryl choreo for a partner who cannot move, and he gets 9s and a 10.  Frankie was energetic and selling the heck out of his dance and gets 8s and a 7?

As great as the Disney night was, this ep was DWTS alternate universe.  Samba western?  Man, did TPTB beat a dead horse (Nick), or what?!  He was a GONER.   Save a horse, kill a cowboy?

Val doesn't kick his legs and "loses" the swimming "contest."  Bleccch.  

The one saving grace was that inventive future tango.  Mark pulled out an all-timer despite the turd concept he was given.   

• Love 2
3 hours ago, kitcloudkicker said:

The opening number just made me miss the Derek/Christopher Scott collaboration Macy’s number from a few years ago. Similar concept, executed a bit better, imo.

Seemed like an off week to me, really only liking Lindsey and Mark. I still like Jordan overall but agree with some of the awkward finishing comments. I’ve seen it with him all season, which is why I sort of laugh when people say his training means he has nothing to work on. He has that to work on, or he’s headed towards 2nd or 3rd place.

Jordan is the best this season.  But I think most people figured him for 2nd or 3rd in the beginning.  The best dancer normally doesn't win especially if the celeb is male. 

Pretty skimpy season compared to last season but Jordan is a joy to watch, hand and all. I didn't like Lindsey in the first week but she has gotten better, or, maybe I just like Mark's choreography?  It just looks like she's become better at controlling her limbs.  Where's that Paige tango?  People rave about Frankie but Nikki is my surprise celeb.  Artem is doing such a great job with her.  This was not a good week for Frankie.  Hopefully, he doesn't have another.  Vanessa is very good.  She's just not one of my favorites.  Also thought TO made people "get their popcorn ready" because he did really well in the jive.  Victoria and Drew can go at anytime.

My favorites this week:  Jordan, Lindsey, Nikki, TO.  The others are interchangeable.  I know Vanessa is a lot better.  I just don't prefer her.

• Love 1

I suspected last week when Len gave Lindsey and Mark the 10 that he MEANT it and the ones that followed were in keeping w/ producers' wishes. His comments this week when he gave their 10 furthers this suspicion.

I've always been a fan of Mark's but this dance made me a fan of Lindsey's (at least for this season). She truly embodied the role of "Perfect Dancer" and I loved seeing this badass side of her. It's preferable to her flappable, overly bubbly personality. I find Frankie adorable but I can't root for anyone now but Lindsey and Mark.

• Love 2

I thought Mark got assigned a really crappy concept and a very, very difficult song and turned it into gold. That could have gone so wrong, but it didn't. Lindsey really performed the hell out of it as well. Great stuff!

Jordan was good, but once again I thought he was hampered by Lindsay's choice of wardrobe. Why make yourself the sole center of attention, then turn down the lights and dress him in dark colours? To make sure he's not seen at all? He's a great dancer, you don't have to hide him. I really don't get her costume choices sometimes.

Nikki was good, Artem has got her improving now. The song was nice, the costumes and set-up were pretty, the choreo was good. She's still tentative and in her head, but it was a lot better now. She was pretty decent last week as well, so it's going in the right direction for her.

Vanessa's QS was nice, I thought. And she wasn't bothered by the costume snafu, so good for her. I also thought it was well done choreo and for once the use of troupe actually made sense in the context of the theme and song they were assigned.

• Love 3

Favorites this week were definitely Nikki & Artem, Terrell & Cheryl, Jordan & Lindsay, and Lindsey & Mark.  All were very well done and deserved their scores.

Also enjoyed Vanessa & Maks, though they're in my second tier for this week.

Drew & Emma and Frankie & Witney were pleasant, but I saw the mistakes, too.

Victoria & Val were okay, but nothing special.  I can also see them going at any time.

Nick & Peta had the worst dance, for sure, so I was fine with them going home.  As bad as I feel about saying this, with Nick gone, now we have a competition!

Jordan & Lindsay and Lindsey & Mark should make the finale, for sure.  Like Nikki herself said, they're the best two celebrities, and have the best two pros with them.  I suspect that it'll be Frankie & Witney and Vanessa & Maks fighting for that third spot, with the other going out in fourth.  As for fifth through eighth place, the other four all have enough pros and cons that any of them can make a case for those rankings.  I want to say that Victoria & Val will probably go out in that spot due to Victoria's Paralympic backstory, but I really want Nikki & Artem to take that spot, honestly.  So they should fight it out for fifth and sixth.  Either of Drew & Emma or Terrell & Cheryl might be gone next since they seem the weakest of the F8.

Very good episode.

• Love 3

I am finding this season really boring. The only contestants I have some interest in are Frankie, Lindsey, Jordan only because he is a good dancer/I don't really connect to him although I love Lindsay, and surprisingly Terrell since he has been improving. I guess I do like Drew and Vanessa alright, but not really excited by them. Nikki and Victoria are forgettable to me.

I most enjoyed Lindsey, Jordan, Terrell and Vanessa tonight. I enjoyed Frankie too but this was not his best dance and had some missteps. I didn't care for the Trolls theme either, but that is what the show gave them. I really am starting to like Terrell. You can see he is putting in more effort and is actually starting to improve. Mark brought the entertainment tonight. I swear the night was mostly boring (I did like Terrell's themed Jive) until Mark came out with the unique choreography which Lindsey nailed. I laughed when Len pointed out Jordan's hand mannerisms. I had not noticed that before but it is a bit distracting. He still did good but I just don't connect to him. Perhaps because he is an actor, I almost feel like he is hamming certain things up and is a bit overdramatic. I enjoyed Vanessa's dance tonight and the routine Maks choreographed.

Shania was a terrible guest judge. Someone mentioned her having Lyme Disease which could be impacting her speech. I guess that would make sense. When she gave her critiques it was rather bizarre, she was slowly saying her comments and her sentence structure was disjointed. I really didn't like the scores she gave either. They were all over the place. I felt bad she gave Nick a 7 directly after giving Drew a 9. I did find it funny when she gave Victoria a 7. Also I agree Shania lip synced to the song. I actually saw her on the finale for another show recently (I am thinking on America's Got Talent) and she sang a duet with a contestant and the contestant outsang her. Shania did not sound good at all on the other show, so if she was singing live last night I don't expect her to have sounded that good. I do think Shania has lost some of her voice unfortunately.

I was glad to see Nick go. I think he no longer enjoyed being on the show and felt like he was the worst left. I also think Nick felt like Sasha was better than him, and he disliked sending better dancers home. He appeared to have only done the show for his wife, so I think he was happy to bow out now. His dancing had not been improving so I was glad he left. Also did anyone else feel like he and Peta were given Mad Max costumes rather than Western outfits? That's immediately what I thought of.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Absurd.  

TO, whom I actually like, was stiff as a board in a classic Cheryl choreo for a partner who cannot move, and he gets 9s and a 10.  Frankie was energetic and selling the heck out of his dance and gets 8s and a 7?

While Terrell may have been a bit overscored, much as I adore Frankie, he had a lot of mistakes in his performance. I think the choreography was too busy and a bit overwhelming for him this week. It happens. That said, I did laugh at Len's side-eye to Carrie Ann for that 7 she gave Frankie. 

Nikki--this was her best dance for me so far, but did she almost knee Artem in the groin during one of those lifts? I also feel like she was the one to cause him to go off-balance at the end.

There was also a very obvious issue with the first floor lunge move they did, where she literally almost went sideways and Artem had to hold her up to save the move. I often mute the judges so I'm curious if any of them pointed that out. Still a good dance though.

Victoria--still not really connecting with her. I don't think it was a bad dance, per se, but it didn't feel like a Paso to me.

I could see the Paso moves but they just weren't very good, IMO. Victoria for me has been mostly forgettable so far. I like how truly happy and giddy she is to be on the show, especially with her backstory but I just haven't been particularly moved or connected with her and Val. Hell, sometimes I forget she's on the show. 

The opening number just made me miss the Derek/Christopher Scott collaboration Macy’s number from a few years ago. Similar concept, executed a bit better, imo.

It was quintessential Mandy and why I'm not a fan of her work on this show but am so over bitching about it. She is excellent at staging so a performance looks pretty. But the actual dancing is always mediocre or average at best. Very little really went on in that number. 

I don't believe either Terrell or Victoria were in jeopardy.  

YMMV but I can absolutely believe Terrell was really in jeopardy. He's been middle of the pack for much of the season, hasn't really done anything too memorable and while he's a recognizable name, he's also been someone who was a bit divisive in the past. I definitely think his days are numbered. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
Just now, MsJamieDornan said:

Whatever she did to herself this year, isn't working. She looks miserable.

She just went a little overboard, in my opinion, in getting her body back post-baby. So she's just too skinny and it's making her neck look weird and her face older than she is. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Well, that's number one.

But, I think she had a bit of plastic surgery.

She is too skinny and needs to stop with the plastic surgery. Witney on the other hand lost a lot of weight and looks great.

Who do you guys think are the best looking pros?

Edited by Jaclyn88

This competition is Jordan's to lose. But he may, just because he is a ringer and may not get the votes. Being such a likeable and a humble guy may counter that though. Lindsay's definitely #2 or wins if Jordan doesn't get the votes.

• Love 1

I was totally thrown off on Nick & Petas Steampunk Western Samba to Hip Hop.  Then Mr. ShaNaeNae (who knows hardly anything DWTS) told me they based it off a movie called Wild Wild West with Kevin Kline and Will Smith.  Oh.  Showed me clips and apparently it is Steampunk and WWW.  The song was by Will Smith and the soundtrack of the movie.  Don't know if that was a smart move because most (all?) couples did a general movie genre, not an actual movie.  And for people like me who have never heard of that movie, it was just all kinds of confusion on the mixture of period pieces.  

Last night was just an odd night of errors.  Artem/Nikki losing balance, Drew, Nick, Frankie losing time, Frankie's other errors, Vanessa's skirt...  I wish they'd bring back Cirque du Soleil night.  I really liked that and added some new songs to my playlist after that night.  

Wasn't crazy about Victoria's either.  The uniform seemed to have hinder her moves.  Something about her I'm unsure of, can't put my finger on it.

I'm sure Jordan is a perfectionist, but seemed like he was trying to play the perfectionist too much.  "Oh I didn't get that part!  Ugh!  I hate myself because I'm a perfectionist!" Lindsay: "What's wrong?"  Jordan: "You know me, I'm a perfectionist, you know that about me!"  "I got all 10's?  I mustn't give up!  There has to be an 11 paddle for perfectionists like myself!"

No more Shania show.  Please?

• Love 1

Even though TO left the Phila. Eagles with some ill feelings, he was a great player and was truly missed for those skills.  If there are other football fans like me out there, they really don't care about his personal history.  I see him as someone who has decided to work hard and listen to Cheryl...and has improved every week.  I suspect he has a decent-sized fanbase.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, McManda said:

Harsh contour doesn't do Peta any favors. And I didn't really get "western" from their theme. It was more like ... desert steampunk. I did feel badly about Nick confessing that he knew he was the worst dancer left and that getting into his head. He seems likable enough, even if he can't compete with Jordan.

I felt awful for Nick and was almost happy for him to go home. I think if you're self-aware enough, staying while people who are more talented go home probably feels like shit. I do think his attitude has been pretty great. I was not a fan of him going into the season because I thought he was a jerk on his Newlyweds show with Jessica Simpson back in the day but he's clearly matured. I appreciate that he knew where he stood but still was committed to working hard and improving.

13 hours ago, Uke said:

Victoria:  Did Val really challenge her talent in the sport that makes her a star?  Not cool.  The paso part was good, though not sharp enough.  Her moves were all pretty soft.  But then they lost the dance to play hockey.  Agree with the scores, though surprised it was Shania giving the 7.

I assume the swimming thing was planned by the producers. For weeks the focus has been on Victoria's illness and not being able to feel her feet and they haven't talked at all about her professional accomplishments so I have to think Val and Victoria were prodded into that so she could remind audiences that she's an Olympian who works in sports.

13 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

That whole exchange with Len and Jordan about the hand movement and then everyone eventually doing the hand movement had me cracking up. I understand what Len was saying but I think that's often a problem for many of the male celebrities with the rumba. That is, getting the fluidity of the movement while making sure it stays masculine and strong. The flowery hand movement aside, I loved that performance and it was another that was deserving of the score. Definitely one of my favorites of the night, which is unsurprising because I do think on talent alone, Jordan and Lindsay (celebrity not his Pro) have been the best two dancers this season.

This. I do think that one gesture, which he did twice, was a little over the top, but I do get how it happened. With the rumba continuous movement is stressed over and over again, so Jordan probably wanted to look fluid and keep his hands going and just did a bit too much. It's a nitpick though, and certainly didn't take away at all from the beauty and grace of that dance. That was one of the best rumbas I can remember in the past few years. Up with Nicole and Derek's for me.

13 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I was wondering the same thing. For a night like this, it would've made way more sense to have a guest judge who's had experience choreographing dance scenes in movies or something of that sort. 

Like La La Land Choreographer, Mandy Moore? It just doesn't make sense to me to bring out Shania for movie night. I get they wanted to promote her song and movie but they could have done that without having her judge.

12 hours ago, PBGamer89 said:

I know some say it's Lindsay Arnold's time, but honestly Mark has gone what like 18 seasons now without a win and so many close calls or people that should've won (Paige, Katherine, etc).

Unless something pretty shocking happens between now and the end of the season, I will be happy as long as a Lindsa/ey wins. For me Lindsay and Jordan and Lindsey and Mark are the clear frontrunners.

4 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I was totally thrown off on Nick & Petas Steampunk Western Samba to Hip Hop.  Then Mr. ShaNaeNae (who knows hardly anything DWTS) told me they based it off a movie called Wild Wild West with Kevin Kline and Will Smith.  Oh.  Showed me clips and apparently it is Steampunk and WWW.  The song was by Will Smith and the soundtrack of the movie.  Don't know if that was a smart move because most (all?) couples did a general movie genre, not an actual movie.  And for people like me who have never heard of that movie, it was just all kinds of confusion on the mixture of period pieces.  

I thought going full car was a little strange but the western Steampunk worked for me otherwise. Wild Wild West isn't some obscure movie and Peta's hands were kind of tied with the song. The movie flopped (because it was awful) but the song was #1 and the music video was a huge hit on MTV. You can't put on Wild Wild West and not think of Will Smith and Salma Hayek. At least for me.

Which brings me to the worst part of the night. The band. Will Smith isn't a great rapper and still the singer struggled with those rhymes. Nikki and Artem's song dissolved into a hot screechy mess. Whatever Frankie and Witney danced to was just noise but my fury was reserved for whatever it was they did to Let's Be Bad. Megan Hilty is an underappreciated national treasure and that cover was awful. There was just no character in the singing at all.

Cheryl and Terrell's dance was my favourite piece of choreography of the season. I would pay good money to see that with a pro in Terrell's place. He stepped up his game but still held the dance back. But that dance for me was amazing. Sure, there was story stuff in there to help Terrell along, but the set, the costumes, the movement all made it feel like a sleek 60s number and the starts and stops at times (while they were there for Terrell's benefit) felt very Fosse to me, especially the stop and start coming back to the bar side of the room. I loved that dance!

Mark and Lindsey were the other highlight. I think I didn't love the choreography as much because I wanted a bigger ending but Lindsey slayed that dance. She was the star, she was so cold and powerful. I loved it! Mark is a genius and Lindsey can keep up with his ideas.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

Even though TO left the Phila. Eagles with some ill feelings, he was a great player and was truly missed for those skills.  If there are other football fans like me out there, they really don't care about his personal history.  I see him as someone who has decided to work hard and listen to Cheryl...and has improved every week.  I suspect he has a decent-sized fanbase.

I am not a football fan at all, never watch it. But a friend who does told me he was really a nasty player. 

Did anyone else in the Eastern time zone have the privilege of missing the elimination at the end.  It was broadcast at 1 AM!  Thanks, Monday Night Football!

Well, at least I know now that Nick was eliminated.  He was ready to go, for sure.  

Len always has a stick up his butt about one of the guys.  In this case, Drew, but often a PoC, which makes me very very uncomfortable.  I don't know how he picks which guy it's going to be, but it's generally someone with some chance of winning.  I'd love to cite who they alll are, but my memory isn't good enough -- all I can say is that I recognized from show one, that Drew was going to be it and that I've spent a lot of time in the past considering whether I want to wade into a conversation about the possible racism in his choices (being pasty white, myself, I worry that I'll say the wrong thing about it, so I've only commented a couple of the more egregious times in the past).

• Love 2

I don't get the judges' Victoria/Nikki love at all. The are pretty forgettable IMO.

I know I'm shallow, but Terrell Owens is sexy AF. That is why he is still around.

My husband was so happy that Nick is finally gone. His favorite is Frankie because he likes his wigs LOL

36 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

I'm not questioning his having a decent-sized fanbase but there are many other factors that go into play with this show. One, that decent-sized fanbase may not be this show's demographic and the people who vote, two, the decent-sized fanbase may not be voting which no matter how many there are, doesn't mean anything if they don't vote, three, other people have decent sized fanbases, four, who stays and goes is based on a combination of viewer votes and judges' scores and five, other contestants pick up fans as the season continues based on how well they do and how likable they are. See someone like Frankie who many may not have expected to last very long coming into the season but so many are charmed by his personality and hard work, etc.

Again, I'm not doubting Terrell may have fans and let's face it, we know the history of football players on this show. That said, all these football players who did great on the show had the judges' scores, had wow and fun performances that may not have been technically perfect but enough to get the audience behind them. Obviously I don't have proof of the voting numbers but I don't think Terrell is going to be an Emmitt or Donald or Rashad and so I don't think it's unlikely he really is in jeopardy. That said, his scores are improving so who knows what will happen but if anything, as someone noted a few weeks ago, I think Drew's fanbase may be the one some are underestimating.

• Love 2

I thought "A Night at the Movies" was just a fail, as a concept. The Paso Doble, in particular, does not really lend itself to a "theme," unless it's "Spanish bullfight." Trying to do a decent Paso in a "Action Movie" scene was just a dumb idea. Drew was really out of sync with the troupe and the whole thing looked awkward and stiff, but it's probably hard for the celebs (and even some of the pros) to decide whether it's more important to do the dance or to embrace the "theme." Victoria's Paso wasn't all that great either.

The song poor Frankie was saddled with had to be the worst band rendition I've ever heard, and that's saying something. Also, assigning something as vague as "jazz" to Frankie is a mistake because he needs strict boundaries. Otherwise his enthusiasm takes over and it's just a lot of flailing around.

Good God, Alan is the biggest showboater the show has ever seen. He's worse than Mark and Derek put together. Riding around shirtless on a zamboni? Really? Desperate much? Does he think somebody in the audience is going to spot him and offer him a modeling contract or something?

The show would have been at least half an hour shorter without Shania Twain's comments. I don't know what ABC was trying to promote with her but I hate the guest judges anyway.

Val in a speedo, No, just no.

Agree to disagree.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Well, that's number one.

But, I think she had a bit of plastic surgery.

Not sure when she had time. Maybe she's tired, babies cry at night. Living with Make can't be easy. She's lost her pizzazz.

46 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Yuck. I dislike Maks, but I would ogle him in a speedo. Val, just no.

Yuck to them both. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, NeverLate said:

I thought Terrell looked really dishy last night.I love a tux. 

Agreed :D.

During his and Cheryl's routine I was sitting here thinking, "You know, if they actually made a movie out of this concept with these two, I'd watch it."

1 hour ago, vibeology said:

Like La La Land Choreographer, Mandy Moore? It just doesn't make sense to me to bring out Shania for movie night. I get they wanted to promote her song and movie but they could have done that without having her judge.

Yeah! I'm not as up on my movie choreographers as others are, but somebody like her would make perfect sense. 

(Also, on a side note, every time I hear her name I keep thinking of the other Mandy Moore, who was a singer and is now an actor :p.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, vibeology said:

Like La La Land Choreographer, Mandy Moore? It just doesn't make sense to me to bring out Shania for movie night.

While I don't care for Shania,  Mandy Moore is totally in the tank for the FAM and made a mockery of the judging when she judged last year.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

YMMV but I can absolutely believe Terrell was really in jeopardy. He's been middle of the pack for much of the season, hasn't really done anything too memorable and while he's a recognizable name, he's also been someone who was a bit divisive in the past. I definitely think his days are numbered. 

ITA. Every other season or so we hear "no way do I believe (insert name of supposed popular couple) was in jeopardy. Then a week or 2 later they are "shockingly" eliminated.  Sometimes certain couples/celebs just aren't as popular as you may realize. IMO if they aren't actually in the bottom 2 then i bet they are damn near close to it. Sometimes I think they do put certain people in jeopardy as a warning to viewers that they need help with the votes especially the ones they want in the finale but aren't getting huge voting numbers. 

• Love 2

I think there is definitely a crossover between Drew's show and dwts, but what about Nikki? Do wrestling fans watch the show?

Football fans watch the show, so I am not sure about TO. I wouldn't be surprised if Victoria isn't getting the votes. She is supposed to be on ESPN, but what does she do?

8 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

ITA. Every other season or so we hear "no way do I believe (insert name of supposed popular couple) was in jeopardy. Then a week or 2 later they are "shockingly" eliminated.  Sometimes certain couples/celebs just aren't as popular as you may realize. IMO if they aren't actually in the bottom 2 then i bet they are damn near close to it. Sometimes I think they do put certain people in jeopardy as a warning to viewers that they need help with the votes especially the ones they want in the finale but aren't getting huge voting numbers. 

Yeah I agree and tend to think that TO, Victoria and Frankie were probably circling the drain along with Nick.

55 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Yeah! I'm not as up on my movie choreographers as others are, but somebody like her would make perfect sense. 

The poster was being sarcastic - Mandy Moore is the choreographer for DWTS and the one who choreographed last night's opening number. That was the irony of the situation. She's choreographed for an Oscar nominated film and yet for Movie Night on the show, delivered whatever that thing was. 

• Love 1

I find Val handsome no matter what he does, although I do prefer clean shaven (teenager in the 70s, so I'm pretty much always going to prefer clean shaven).  I was surprised by his body in the speedo, he looked like he was carrying kidney fat, which doesn't seem likely.  I wish he was as smart as he seemed when he started doing dwts.  I think I'll always prefer him to Maks who is all bluster.  If I don't like something about a guy's personaility I don't care how hot/gorgeous he is, I don't have any desire to ogle him.

Edited by crowceilidh
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

The poster was being sarcastic - Mandy Moore is the choreographer for DWTS and the one who choreographed last night's opening number. That was the irony of the situation. She's choreographed for an Oscar nominated film and yet for Movie Night on the show, delivered whatever that thing was. 

Ahhhhh, okay, sorry :p. I didn't really catch the opening dance number from last night, came in right as it was finishing up. 

I would have been very upset if Val would have been handed "We Will Rock You" and he didn't do a hockey inspired routine. My only complaint was the outfits. Since when do hockey players wear their pads over their jerseys? I bet their fight straps weren't even attached. Two minutes for game misconduct! Get your asses in the box!

But seriously, the costuming was a little odd. I mean, we've had basketball routines with a blinged out jersey. Baseball, same. Football, same. But we have to bedazzle their pads and have them over the hockey jerseys? They do make women's cut official jerseys, you could have built off of that shape. They honestly looked like they were half dressed for a game. No one comes out to play with their shoulder pads flapping in the breeze.

Also hilarious was Val's "Disney week is over" comment in the package. Guess who produced the Mighty Ducks franchise? Disney. 

Small nitpick? Sure. But when is my favourite sport ever gonna get a spotlight on this show again?

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Yes. I was sort of being sarcastic though I can tell that didn't come out all that clearly. What was that snooze of a dance? I saw La La Land. the choreography wasn't the problem with that movie so....

That being said, couldn't they book someone who'd choreographed or danced in a movie? I mean, they still could have used Shania to sing her song and fill time and had a different guest judge. They could have gotten Kenny Ortega, Paula Abdul, Jennifer Hamilton, Adam Shankman, Jamal Sims, Dave Scott, Christopher Scott or Longiness Fernandes and that's just naming people who've done reality TV before and might be open to doing this. Even Mandy Moore (and I didn't enjoy her turn judging last time) would have been better than Shania. And I love Shania but she doesn't dance and you could tell she felt uncomfortable up there judging.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Whatever she did to herself this year, isn't working. She looks miserable.

Being married to Maks and his family can't be easy. But there's a reason the word "obsession" sometimes needs the qualifier "blind" in front of it.

5 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

She is too skinny and needs to stop with the plastic surgery. Witney on the other hand lost a lot of weight and looks great.

Who do you guys think are the best looking pros?

I think Cheryl is beautiful. Witney looks great too. I thought old Maks was super-hot but now he just looks old and washed up. Lately it's been Artem who's doing it for me and I'm not sure why LOL.

3 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

Yuck. I dislike Maks, but I would ogle him in a speedo. Val, just no.

Eesh, there's a picture out there of Maks in a Speedo from Nicole Volynets wedding weekend. He's humping a swan pool toy. It's not pretty.

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Good God, Alan is the biggest showboater the show has ever seen. He's worse than Mark and Derek put together. Riding around shirtless on a zamboni? Really? Desperate much? Does he think somebody in the audience is going to spot him and offer him a modeling contract or something?

I know a lot of people love Alan, but he just annoys me. He's a miniature Maks/Val wannabe.

48 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I would have been very upset if Val would have been handed "We Will Rock You" and he didn't do a hockey inspired routine. My only complaint was the outfits. Since when do hockey players wear their pads over their jerseys? I bet their fight straps weren't even attached. Two minutes for game misconduct! Get your asses in the box!

I was shocked Erin didn't remind us 50 times that she's married to a hockey player and had a lot of hockey players at her wedding!

You guys can argue about the aesthetics of Val and/ or Maks in a Speedo ... I'll just be over here watching Artem in the dressed down open white button down and Christian Grey-esque suit. 

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Eesh, there's a picture out there of Maks in a Speedo from Nicole Volynets wedding weekend. He's humping a swan pool toy. It's not pretty.

OMG I remember that, yuck!

7 minutes ago, McManda said:

You guys can argue about the aesthetics of Val and/ or Maks in a Speedo ... I'll just be over here watching Artem in the dressed down open white button down and Christian Grey-esque suit. 

Oh definitely Artem is as hot as the C brothers think they are.

• Love 5

It's odd how much more critical the judges were this week after the way they were handing out 9s and 10s like candy last week for Disney night. It's as though there was some network mandate to laud all the Disney performances. Wouldn't surprise me. I thought the 6 for Nick's Samba was needlessly harsh. It wasn't that bad. Drew's Paso was much worse IMO and he got 7s (and a gratuitous 9 from Shania).

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

But seriously, the costuming was a little odd. I mean, we've had basketball routines with a blinged out jersey. Baseball, same. Football, same. But we have to bedazzle their pads and have them over the hockey jerseys? They do make women's cut official jerseys, you could have built off of that shape. They honestly looked like they were half dressed for a game. No one comes out to play with their shoulder pads flapping in the breeze.

Also hilarious was Val's "Disney week is over" comment in the package. Guess who produced the Mighty Ducks franchise? Disney. 

Small nitpick? Sure. But when is my favourite sport ever gonna get a spotlight on this show again?

Agreed, I love hockey and I didn't know what the hell they were wearing, because those contraptions looked nothing like hockey gear. If they wanted to do a hockey movie, why pick the Mighty Ducks anyway. There are a lot of better hockey movies.

58 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

If they wanted to do a hockey movie, why pick the Mighty Ducks anyway. There are a lot of better hockey movies.

I wouldn't say there are a lot of better hockey movies. There's one. Slap Shot.

Then goes Mighty Ducks, then Goon, then Mystery Alaska, then a big gap, then I guess Miracle and then the rest of the Mighty Ducks movies. They haven't made enough great hockey movies.

Why were Val and Sharna the leads in the opener?  Enough of Sharna!  She is not all that. 

When you have champions like Cheryl, Witney, Peta and Emma to choose from, why on earth would they use her?  And Lindsay Arnold can dance circles around her.

I have no idea why the Producers keep pushing her on the audience.

• Love 2

If people are underestimating Drew’s fanbase I think they’ll have a shock next week when he survives the elimination. Absolutely no doubt in my mind he’ll be safe. For me it’s about whose getting the least amount of votes between Nikki, Vanessa and Terrell. Nikki better pray her WWE fans are still voting or I think she’ll go in a “shocker” next week. First in the running order is a vote killer when you reach this stage of the competition. At least it’ll make next week interesting to watch with team dances as well. Always my favourite week along with the premiere.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, smiley13 said:

Why were Val and Sharna the leads in the opener?  Enough of Sharna!  She is not all that. 

When you have champions like Cheryl, Witney, Peta and Emma to choose from, why on earth would they use her?  And Lindsay Arnold can dance circles around her.

I have no idea why the Producers keep pushing her on the audience.

The leads should have been Mark and Cheryl. Recognize your talented long-time stars that still love and come back to the show and stop foisting Val, Sharna, Peta and the unemployable-outside=DWTS Maks down our throats.

• Love 4