Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Ladies Who Launch

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Ok I'll be the weirdo.  I hate to drive but love parallel parking.   It's included on the road test for Jersey (or at least it was 32 years ago) - gasp!  32 years ago?  Anyway, I used to be so bad that during one exam, in the middle of the test, I just got out and left the car, the keys, instructor, all of it.   He was a real sweetheart that guy, he called me back out (I'd gone awol in the waiting room) - told me I'm not grading you, count to 10, pull up to the car in front of the space, line your wheels up with their wheels, throw her in reverse and back in like you're drawing the bottom leg of a K (I was a beast at k turns), now while you're backing up, straighten out the car like you're trying to draw the K's spine, then ease back until your wheels are parallel to the curb.   Now pull forward a little.    I'm getting out, do it again only this time in 3 steps.   Pull up,  reverse then straighten the K, pull forward.  My driving is pretty terrible, but getting into a tight spot in 3 moves?  #shesthechamp.   Damsel-hustled a couple of ringer bets from dudes in my time.    Ya'll can do it.  Work the K.  ;)  

My problem is when I'm lazy I just don't start with the car lined up properly.  I'll be too far out from the car in front or not at the right spot when I start angling and instead of being smart and readjusting the approach I'm just like "fuck it, I'll fix it in the spot" and end up going back and forth.  If it is actually a tight spot I'm more careful and line the approach up and it works.  I used to be far more caviler when I didn't care about f-ing up my rims.  Now I'm super anal about getting close to the curb so my driver side mirror doesn't get hit, but not close enough that my rims get curb rash, but I don't parallel park that often because I actually find that all the cameras and park distance control alarms make it stressful.  I have way more tolerance for shenanigans than the sensors do so they are always going off when there's plenty of room.  My step-uncle took me out and made me practice parallel parking for hours when I was learning to drive and I don't think it was actually on the test.  He's lived in Hollywood Hills for like 50 years, so he's got  lots of daily practice and is a pro. 

I totally pulled a Kameron and got my dogs purple yams instead of regular orange ones today.  But it wasn't because I think they are pretty sparkle princesses that care what color their food is or because purple is my favorite color.  I forgot to get them at Ralph's and the Korean grocery store only had purple.  Purple were on sale.

• Love 1

What is happening?? The Mark/Leeann scene is the first time I have ever liked Mark on this show!  He handled the convo quite well, considering it covered the topics of his wife being a liar, his medical practice being a chop shop, and his soliciting men for sex.  Yes he is right it is more than semantics whether a doctor is a board certified plastic surgeon or not.   I even liked his orangish tie.  It was nice to hear he and Rich adore each other.  

Brandi folded like a cheap card table with Cary and from her blog she is fully groveling about nanny-gate.   Cary's life timeline is interesting.  So she's been married twice before she married Mark.   She's dated Lance Armstong for several months and had private plane sex with him (as she has revealed on WWHL).  She has her special RN credential to be a first assistant in surgery .   Plus she had time to both work as a RN for, and take care of the children of, legions of plastic surgeons in the Dallas area because she is "a responsible adult" .  She's said that she helped Mark and his wife out because they had no nanny (Marks exwife is a doctor too) .   Hmmm.

Please just 1 season and done for Kameron.  Her beyond affected manner, speech, and Southern lady/blonde who acts dumb to get her way schtick is deplorable.  D'Andra can stay though, I loved Jackie the cosmetic designer and D'Andra's hairnet and the special elusive lipid that is associated with 22 year old skin. 

I really liked Travis talking about his childhood struggles and learning challenges.  

I am curious about the number of staff employed by Stephanie.   What's with her "assistant", Trey, who delivered her dog to the party? I don't think we've seen him before?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Cary's life timeline is interesting.  So she's been married twice before she married Mark.   She's dated Lance Armstong for several months and had private plane sex with him (as she has revealed on WWHL).  She has her special RN credential to be a first assistant in surgery .   Plus she had time to both work as a RN for, and take care of the children of, legions of plastic surgeons in the Dallas area because she is "a responsible adult" .  She's said that she helped Mark and his wife out because they had no nanny (Marks exwife is a doctor too) .   Hmmm.

Cary is 41 and Zuri is almost 5. This timeline is crazypants because by about 35, she is with Mark. She gets her bachelors in Texas and is working. I imagine her first marriage is during this period. At some point she moves to LA and gets her special credential at UCLA. Is there another marriage during this period? Or is it the end of her first marriage? She comes back to Dallas and begins working as a nurse to numerous plastic surgeons and occasionally watching their children. When did dating Lance Armstrong fit in? Logistically, yes, you can fit all of these things in during a 10 year time period, but she must not have let any of her life choices breathe for a year or two before jumping ship to something else.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

What is happening?? The Mark/Leeann scene is the first time I have ever liked Mark on this show!  He handled the convo quite well, considering it covered the topics of his wife being a liar, his medical practice being a chop shop, and his soliciting men for sex.  Yes he is right it is more than semantics whether a doctor is a board certified plastic surgeon or not.   I even liked his orangish tie.  It was nice to hear he and Rich adore each other.  

And as much as LeeAnne drives me crazy, I was impressed she didn't pull out the - I'm a woman, as a man you can't talk to me that way! - sputtering defense that housewives usually trot out when the menfolk call them on their crap.

• Love 9

I lived in a tiny little town that had very limited parking. I owned a retail store at the time and the only place to park was always a parallel situation. I got really good at 3 moves and your in! I can drive a stick also and it amazed me how many people can't.  To each there own. 

Kameron needs to go. I LOL at her "I'm a blonde" Honey your eyebrows are brown. That blonde is out of a bottle. At least spring to get your eyebrows dyed if you're that desperate to lie about being blonde. Pink dog food is stupid. Kameron is stupid. I hate the way she talks, acts, and what she says. Oh and I hate her long hair, pale face, stupid valley girl vocal fry, her husband, and well...just everything. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Ok I'll be the weirdo.  I hate to drive but love parallel parking.   It's included on the road test for Jersey (or at least it was 32 years ago) - gasp!  32 years ago?  Anyway, I used to be so bad that during one exam, in the middle of the test, I just got out and left the car, the keys, instructor, all of it.   He was a real sweetheart that guy, he called me back out (I'd gone awol in the waiting room) - told me I'm not grading you, count to 10, pull up to the car in front of the space, line your wheels up with their wheels, throw her in reverse and back in like you're drawing the bottom leg of a K (I was a beast at k turns), now while you're backing up, straighten out the car like you're trying to draw the K's spine, then ease back until your wheels are parallel to the curb.   Now pull forward a little.    I'm getting out, do it again only this time in 3 steps.   Pull up,  reverse then straighten the K, pull forward.  My driving is pretty terrible, but getting into a tight spot in 3 moves?  #shesthechamp.   Damsel-hustled a couple of ringer bets from dudes in my time.    Ya'll can do it.  Work the K.  ;)  

I like this technique!  I flunked the parallel parking test on my exam at age 16, and haven't tried it since!   (What a nice instructor, BTW.). 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

I lived in a tiny little town that had very limited parking. I owned a retail store at the time and the only place to park was always a parallel situation. I got really good at 3 moves and your in! I can drive a stick also and it amazed me how many people can't.  To each there own. 

My friend drives a stick and she even has issues taking it in to get worked on AT THE DEALERSHIP or when she goes somewhere to get her tires rotated. Almost every time there's maybe one person that can drive a stick and that's a little iffy. 

• Love 2

Wait, so is the whole reason Kameron thinks she's so smart is because she once made a design that Neiman Marcus bought so now she hangs her out on that and thinks that she's some fabulous businesswoman because of it?

I think Cary is shady, her conversation with Stephanie was manipulative (she basically told Stephanie to keep her distance from Brandi because Cary doesn't like the person Stephanie is when Brandi is the in picture...because that mean Cary is in the picture less). I also don't get Cary's history here. Was she babysitting for Mark when she was still a nursing student or was she an actual nurse working at his practice and babysitting his kids? And why in the bloody hell are you running around babysitting your colleagues kids? If you're constantly inserting yourself beyond the boundaries of professionalism into personal relationships with your male colleagues such as babysitting their kids...that sounds shady to me. Unless you're paying someone to make your every whim come true, there's no reason why you should be recruiting your employees and/or colleagues to watch your children for you. That's weird...on both sides.

Stephanie is desperate to show that she's her own person from Brandi but her conversation with Cary just seems like proof that Stephanie is just needy. Cary admitted that she said that she couldn't be friends with her anymore because of her behaviour and in order to get back into Cary's good graces, she sits there and allows someone to lecture her on she needs to keep her distance from her supposed best friend. Stephanie being seen as Brandi's lackey has nothing to do with how Brandi treats her and has everything to do with how Stephanie latches on to Brandi. It's dishonest for both Cary and Stephanie to sit there and make it seem like Brandi is the one that makes Stephanie a worse person when it's really Stephanie that needs to learn how to appropriately stick up for herself and that includes with Cary.

For all that talk, Brandi gave in so easily to Cary during their conversation but never once truly addressed the reason why she got so upset in the first place. Cary insinuated she was lying and Brandi is adamant that she was not.  Cary calls her a liar and Brandi walks away from that conversation having been the one that apologized. You played that well Cary.

Mark's conversation with LeeAnne is about the only time he's ever represented himself well on this show. Given the lack of patience he's shown with his wife not paying enough attention to him or having to deal with his daughter, I would have thought that he would have had far less patience dealing with LeeAnne and confronting LeeAnne about all of her grievances. My hunch is that the respectful and diplomatic manner of their conversation probably speaks more to the respect both of them have for Rich though I do believe that for however much respect LeeAnne has for Mark, I'd be it's definitely more than what she's got for Cary.

• Love 14
41 minutes ago, gunderda said:

My friend drives a stick and she even has issues taking it in to get worked on AT THE DEALERSHIP or when she goes somewhere to get her tires rotated. Almost every time there's maybe one person that can drive a stick and that's a little iffy. 

I just can't believe how much this irked me. People who work at the dealership should know how to drive all the cars that they service or offer for sale. Heck, it just makes sense.

I love driving a manual. You have so much better control of the car. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Cary is 41 and Zuri is almost 5. This timeline is crazypants because by about 35, she is with Mark. She gets her bachelors in Texas and is working. I imagine her first marriage is during this period. At some point she moves to LA and gets her special credential at UCLA. Is there another marriage during this period? Or is it the end of her first marriage? She comes back to Dallas and begins working as a nurse to numerous plastic surgeons and occasionally watching their children. When did dating Lance Armstrong fit in? Logistically, yes, you can fit all of these things in during a 10 year time period, but she must not have let any of her life choices breathe for a year or two before jumping ship to something else.

So I think on WWHL she said that her relationship with Lance Armstrong was post Sheryl Crow so that was anytime after 2006-ish.

Also I remember last season she said something about having a short lived marriage while she was working with Mark--that he comforted her through when it didn't work out or something.  I was thinking that is marriage #2.

Would love to hear Mark's Ex-Wife's take on what really happened.

• Love 11

So Cary used to babysit Mark's kids, BFD. Hardly sinister, or worth clutching one's pearls over.

Kameron's party actually looked like fun.

I like that Leeanne - unlike some other HWs - doesn't whine about her ailments, or use them as a crutch and/or an agenda.

Why does this series only get half the episodes as the others in the franchise, when it's just as (or more) entertaining? Hopefully, having cast members on WWHL two nights in a row is a good sign for a full season next year.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

Wait, so is the whole reason Kameron thinks she's so smart is because she once made a design that Neiman Marcus bought so now she hangs her out on that and thinks that she's some fabulous businesswoman because of it?

I'm dealing with someone right now that presents herself as this brilliant scientist and I just found out on Monday that her claim to that is doing research work in college 30+ years ago.  It took everything in my power not to flip out.  I also did research work in college.  I worked on a NSF funded project and have work published in science journals and I don't go around presenting myself as a scientist because of it.  Because I'm not.  I hate people like that.  So one more reason to dislike Kameron for me.

• Love 3

LeeAnne's blue dress she wore to the dog food launch party was really awful. 

I kept watching Kameron's mother to see if the weird face that Kameron makes is hereditary, it appears not.  It's really not a good look.

As much as I do not like Mark I did love him calling LeeAnne out on what she said about him and his practice and he did it without yelling or breaking a glass!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Absolutely. Her whole demeanor changed when Brandi mentioned the nanny/babysitting situation. Something is off with that. 

I think that tidbit of information explains a lot in terms of why there were rumours that she had an affair with Mark while he was still married. Even if it isn't true, making up a rumour of that nature would be low hanging fruit given the situation they were in. It would have made sense for Cary to share that information last season when she was defending the affair rumours. By acknowledging that fact, I think it would have gone a long way in her saying 'this is what happened, I have nothing to hide and while it's not true, I'm not surprised by the rumours because it's an easy story for people to gossip about'. I'm curious what her timeline is from the time she was their nanny to the time she began dating Mark. Perhaps their relationship didn't cross the boundaries of a physical one, but if they became more emotionally involved and attracted to one another, I think that would be considered by many. There are pieces to the story that are missing and it's not as cut and dry as Cary explained it (though it may not be as sinister as the insinuation suggests).

• Love 6
3 hours ago, jaync said:

So Cary used to babysit Mark's kids, BFD. Hardly sinister, or worth clutching one's pearls over.

I just think it's weird - blurring lines between family and career. Also, she said she's done this for SEVERAL of the doctors she worked for. For a grown woman, it strikes me as odd. 

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Brandi folded like a cheap card table with Cary and from her blog she is fully groveling about nanny-gate.   Cary's life timeline is interesting.  So she's been married twice before she married Mark.   She's dated Lance Armstong for several months and had private plane sex with him (as she has revealed on WWHL).  She has her special RN credential to be a first assistant in surgery .   Plus she had time to both work as a RN for, and take care of the children of, legions of plastic surgeons in the Dallas area because she is "a responsible adult" .  She's said that she helped Mark and his wife out because they had no nanny (Marks exwife is a doctor too) .   Hmmm.

Please just 1 season and done for Kameron.  Her beyond affected manner, speech, and Southern lady/blonde who acts dumb to get her way schtick is deplorable.  D'Andra can stay though, I loved Jackie the cosmetic designer and D'Andra's hairnet and the special elusive lipid that is associated with 22 year old skin. 

I really liked Travis talking about his childhood struggles and learning challenges.  

I am curious about the number of staff employed by Stephanie.   What's with her "assistant", Trey, who delivered her dog to the party? I don't think we've seen him before?

I am not enjoying the D'Andra and evil-mother-Dee story line.  I find it very hard to believe that D'Andra was any kind of successful skin care manufacturer in the past.  Who waits until two weeks before a launch to check in and make sure their manufacturer has the proper supplies, and the product will actually be available?  Amateur hour.  And if she's been around the block in the industry, she would laugh out loud at a product specifically claiming your skin will return to the exact age of 22.

3 hours ago, jaync said:

Kameron's party actually looked like fun.

I like that Leeanne - unlike some other HWs - doesn't whine about her ailments, or use them as a crutch and/or an agenda.

Why does this series only get half the episodes as the others in the franchise, when it's just as (or more) entertaining? Hopefully, having cast members on WWHL two nights in a row is a good sign for a full season next year.

I don't know.  I would find it extremely interesting to discover a woman was married to the man she used to babysit for - while he was married to another woman.  And while I would find it tactless to out this in a normal friendship circle, this is a housewives show.  When you go on a reality show, specifically in this day and age, you have to know that all of the dirty laundry is coming out.  You would have to be a moron not to realize this.  

• Love 9

I just think it's weird - blurring lines between family and career.

Me, too, but it's not exactly a surprising scenario, and it's likely that Cary and Mark did have an affair while he was still married. But, they've been married for a few years and have a child together, so how/when they originally hooked up seems pretty irrelevant at this point. (Not to mention, their marriage and its basis was fodder last season.)

Edited by jaync
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

And Carey honey? I have Birkies in my closet too. Birkenstocks. Which I know are way more comfortable (and cheaper) than your pretentious "Louies" 

Cary was referring to her Birkin Bags not shoes...on that note, Birkenstocks would feel better to wear rather than the sky high Louies so maybe their feet hurt so much that is why these women are always snipping at each other!  Birkens = chilax!

• Love 4
On 10/23/2017 at 9:40 PM, princelina said:

Kameron, you insufferable twat.  I love how she immediately points out to Brandi how faaaaar she had to come to lunch with her, reminds her of how she served drinks in plastic, and then she says "Brandi immediately starts jabbing at me".  Furthermore, asshole, I could "launch a product" too if my dad gave me $20,000 to buy it with.  Sheesh.  I hate her.

Also, Mark may be a dick but I liked how he talked with Leanne tonight.  "Do you respect me?  Then why do you accuse me of soliciting men?"  "I only said that because she said Rich had a small dick."  (Not true - she said her bit first.)  Then he asked her about calling his business a chop shop - "That's only because she said my vag doctor wasn't a plastic surgeon."  Is she lying now or was she lying when she said those things?  Either way, not an excuse for talking that way about someone you supposedly 'respect.'  I don't hate her like I do Kam, but she's an asshole too :)

I too was surprised how calm and respectful he was.  

• Love 2
On 10/24/2017 at 4:47 AM, WireWrap said:

I drive either a full sized conversion van or a 1 ton, king crew dually pickup truck and parallel park both all the time without any problem! LOL Kamron can't drive/park at all, she needs to stick to having drivers. LOL

Ok this Fiat driver is shamed.  SHAMED I tell you!  You all parking these behemoth vehicles are my hero's!

• Love 2
21 hours ago, jaync said:

Me, too, but it's not exactly a surprising scenario, and it's likely that Cary and Mark did have an affair while he was still married. But, they've been married for a few years and have a child together, so how/when they originally hooked up seems pretty irrelevant at this point. (Not to mention, their marriage and its basis was fodder last season.)

Oh, I definitely don't think it's relevant to the other ladies. As much as I dislike Cary, Brandy didn't need to go there. 

But as a viewer? Hella relevant! I need ALLLLLL the dirt. 

• Love 11
On 10/25/2017 at 3:34 PM, ghoulina said:

I just think it's weird - blurring lines between family and career. Also, she said she's done this for SEVERAL of the doctors she worked for. For a grown woman, it strikes me as odd. 

I think it's weird on many levels. She also said that they paid her, which I find even weirder. Considering Cary's level of education and training, it just seems odd for her to babysit in her spare time and get payment for it when she could make so much more working extra shifts.

If I found myself watching someone's kids in my late 20s and 30s, it was likely as a favor to a very close friend or family. I never asked for remuneration. They might take me to dinner as thanks or give me a gift card, but it was never a straight services for payment arrangement nor would I describe it as such. It's also strange that she was so close to so many doctors that she would be watching the children of several doctors.

If it's a money thing, there are better ways to get more money. If it's a friendship thing, she probably wouldn't have received payment. I'm left with two nagging feelings, Cary did this as a way to ingratiate herself with the kids and hookup with the husbands secretly or she had some money troubles and needed some under the table money.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I think it's weird on many levels. She also said that they paid her, which I find even weirder. Considering Cary's level of education and training, it just seems odd for her to babysit in her spare time and get payment for it when she could make so much more working extra shifts.

If I found myself watching someone's kids in my late 20s and 30s, it was likely as a favor to a very close friend or family. I never asked for remuneration. They might take me to dinner as thanks or give me a gift card, but it was never a straight services for payment arrangement nor would I describe it as such. It's also strange that she was so close to so many doctors that she would be watching the children of several doctors.

If it's a money thing, there are better ways to get more money. If it's a friendship thing, she probably wouldn't have received payment. I'm left with two nagging feelings, Cary did this as a way to ingratiate herself with the kids and hookup with the husbands secretly or she had some money troubles and needed some under the table money.

I didn't think of this, that's good, good.  Is it weird that this is the only part of the story that bothers me?  Like, yes it's completely random bizarre that this registered nurse would watch kids but then I thought:  if I'm a doctor and/or married to one and we go out, sure I can hire a sitter but I already know someone who's great with kids, whom my children like that I can trust with them in my home and the kicker is she's got medical training.   I mean what you'd ordinarily do is hire someone random or ask family right?  Their ability to pay wasn't an issue so...?   Childcare isn't typically even the husband's call, if she's to be believed there must've been a good reason they asked for her.

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Am I misrembering or didn't Cary admit that she and Mark had an affair last year? I could have sworn she made a comment in a TH.

Yeah I'm hazy too.  I can't think of an outright admission but I thought at the reunion where it was addressed/confronted, she cried some moistureless tears but ultimately didn't deny it. 

I need to find out about LeAnn's moisturizer or what kinda non board certified shit she's had done to her face, the promos where she's in a TH with that Pebbles Flinstone top pony, she looks hella younger.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

she cried some moistureless tears but ultimately didn't deny it.

It just occurred to me that I could make a fortune if I could somehow manage to snag the exclusive contract to set up a TheraTears concession outside every Housewives reunion venue.

4 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I need to find out about LeAnn's moisturizer or what kinda non board certified shit she's had done to her face, the promos where she's in a TH with that Pebbles Flinstone top pony, she looks hella younger.

I suspect it's not a medical miracle or Catch-22 (or whatever D'Andra's age-defying product is called).  I think it's just great lighting and genius makeup people who work those THs.  It also helps to be basically beautiful to start with, of course.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, grisgris said:

How on earth was Leanne able to keep and now get engaged to a seemingly nice man like Rich? (This is my first season watching.) She is so vile.

I’m new to the show too, and have wondered the same thing - she seems pretty short on redeeming features.

• Love 1

I think Leann is one of those people who is really good to her friends (her actual friends), but she can be very shitty to the people she does not consider friends, or more cynically, to the people she doesn't think she'll benefit much from.  I have known people like this in my life. To her friends, she's sweet, even kiss-assy, she's unfailingly loyal and she probably doesn't really lash out at them or if she does she apologizes quickly, not in a going for the jugular way anyway.  She'll accept them telling her to fuck off with that, etc.  From a non-friend, those could be fighting words.  If it's a non-friend she feels threatened by, ai chihuahua--maximum trouble. (Hey Cary, Stephanie, formerly Brandi, but maybe again Brandi).

• Love 5
On 10/25/2017 at 4:58 PM, RedheadZombie said:

I am not enjoying the D'Andra and evil-mother-Dee story line.  I find it very hard to believe that D'Andra was any kind of successful skin care manufacturer in the past.  Who waits until two weeks before a launch to check in and make sure their manufacturer has the proper supplies, and the product will actually be available?  Amateur hour.  And if she's been around the block in the industry, she would laugh out loud at a product specifically claiming your skin will return to the exact age of 22.

I don't know.  I would find it extremely interesting to discover a woman was married to the man she used to babysit for - while he was married to another woman.  And while I would find it tactless to out this in a normal friendship circle, this is a housewives show.  When you go on a reality show, specifically in this day and age, you have to know that all of the dirty laundry is coming out.  You would have to be a moron not to realize this.  

i have a friend whose husband left her for their au pair.  this happened around 25 yrs ago.  it was quite the

scandal back then.  the au pair looked like tiger wood's ex.  my friend's husband not much to look at.

• Love 3

I am opposite. I actually like the Dee/D'Andra storyline just because it's something different than the Leanne/Brandi/Stephanie/Cary carousel.  I naturally gravitate towards Leanne and D'Andra because they are older than the others and seem more settled and *mature* (at least D'Andra.) Plus, it is an actual established business, unlike ridiculous Sparkle Dog.

But ... yeah ... Count me surprised that D'Andra didn't cross the "t-s" and dot the "i-s" before planning the product roll-out. Definitely a rookie mistake. OTOH, I felt sorry for her when she had the mini-meltdown with the doggie psychic.

I mentioned in another post that I used to have a friend like Leanne. She was fiercely loyal and almost pathologically hero-worship/suck-up to her friends. Yes, they were always people who were in some sort of position to elevate her status -- socially, at work, etc. She had a hair-trigger temper and could get violent and would turn on a dime. She was so balanced and unstable that when the opportunity arose, I slowly began to distance myself.  In this case, it was all a reaction to growing up on the "wrong side of the tracks," teenage pregnancy/motherhood, early marriage/divorce to a felon, etc.  I don't know much about Leanne's past, but I gather that it was a little happier than my former friend???  I am glad she was able to land a good man (unless there are skeletons and a dark side to Rich I am unaware of.) However,he doesn't seem to have much of a stabilizing influence on her, which is unfortunate. I hope the marriage lasts. Not holding my breath. Just because they've been together for many years doesn't mean it will bode well once they become husband and wife.  Still ... she is very entertaining!

I think I will binge watch Season 1 the next week or so and get caught-up on the background.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

i have a friend whose husband left her for their au pair.  this happened around 25 yrs ago.  it was quite the

scandal back then.  the au pair looked like tiger wood's ex.  my friend's husband not much to look at.

Aren't au pairs typically only here on working visas?  Maybe his looks didn't matter, but his citizenship did.

3 hours ago, grisgris said:

I am opposite. I actually like the Dee/D'Andra storyline just because it's something different than the Leanne/Brandi/Stephanie/Cary carousel.  I naturally gravitate towards Leanne and D'Andra because they are older than the others and seem more settled and *mature* (at least D'Andra.) Plus, it is an actual established business, unlike ridiculous Sparkle Dog.

But ... yeah ... Count me surprised that D'Andra didn't cross the "t-s" and dot the "i-s" before planning the product roll-out. Definitely a rookie mistake. OTOH, I felt sorry for her when she had the mini-meltdown with the doggie psychic.

I mentioned in another post that I used to have a friend like Leanne. She was fiercely loyal and almost pathologically hero-worship/suck-up to her friends. Yes, they were always people who were in some sort of position to elevate her status -- socially, at work, etc. She had a hair-trigger temper and could get violent and would turn on a dime. She was so balanced and unstable that when the opportunity arose, I slowly began to distance myself.  In this case, it was all a reaction to growing up on the "wrong side of the tracks," teenage pregnancy/motherhood, early marriage/divorce to a felon, etc.  I don't know much about Leanne's past, but I gather that it was a little happier than my former friend???  I am glad she was able to land a good man (unless there are skeletons and a dark side to Rich I am unaware of.) However,he doesn't seem to have much of a stabilizing influence on her, which is unfortunate. I hope the marriage lasts. Not holding my breath. Just because they've been together for many years doesn't mean it will bode well once they become husband and wife.  Still ... she is very entertaining!

I think I will binge watch Season 1 the next week or so and get caught-up on the background.

The reason I dislike it is because it's so one-sided.  Maybe D'Andra doesn't even realize how much she passively-aggressively, and even aggressively attacks her mother in her THs.  Maybe watching back she will realize she has to put up with being second in command, earn the trust of her mother and staff, or leave.  With her handling of the launch of the new product, I've come to distrust D'Andra's claims of being highly successful in the market outside of her mother's company, or even inside it.

I'm sure Dee is not going to appreciate how she's been represented.  Unless she's a complete famewhore, I can't see her exposing herself to her daughter's weekly "woe is me - my mother is horrible" trash fests.  Not only could it hurt her business, but simply seeing Dee weekly in her complete severely face-lifted face is evidence that her products are not all that.  I believe they have a dysfunctional relationship that manifests in a power struggle at the office.  I think that Dee probably seriously lacked mothering skills, as D'Andra has said.  But I don't see D'Andra as a meek victim, as attested to by her treatment of her step-son, where she over stepped her role and completely took over the confrontation that was supposed to involve the kid's father.  D'Andra also wasn't shy about demeaning her husband's table manners to him, her mother and the world.

If Dee was/is a toxic parent, D'Andra has the right to talk about it as much as she likes.  But she's an idiot to do so on camera, and while she's fighting to take over control of her mother's business.  There's an entitlement aspect that really annoys me.  You're a horrible mother, you don't respect me as a business woman, you lied to bring me back to Dallas, but give me your company - you promised!  *foot stomp*  I am your only child so it's mine! *said in a Veruca Salt voice*

If D'Andra's not careful, her mother will leave her with ownership of the company, but as a non-working head.  D'Andra seems to lack the humility to know that she's not all that in the cosmetic skin care world, and she's seriously lacking in marketing skills.  A little therapy may help her come to terms with her relationship with her mother, and maybe will help her realize that she's more than a little like her mother.  I wouldn't doubt that D'Andra treated her step-son in a similar way her mother treated her.  The difference is, it wasn't D'Andra's place and the kid had a real mother he can go to.  And maybe the kid didn't value material things as much as D'Andra does.  You can only control them with money if they value the money over their treatment.

I do enjoy D'Andra's talking heads when she's not whining about her mother.  I also enjoy her with her husband when she isn't demeaning him, or driving his son out of her house.  I liked her sense of humor with sexual chocolate, and I enjoy what seems to be a genuine friendship with Leeanne.  I would say this is the most successful attempt at bringing in an "opposing side" for an isolated housewife.  I hope D'Andra comes back with a fresh outlook.  The second season editing curse is tough enough as it is.  A great make-under would be wonderful, too.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, grisgris said:

Leeanne's background was probably pretty similar to your friend's. Leeanne's mom worked the carnival circuit and Leeanne grew up in that environment until at some point her grandparents stepped in and had her live with them. She was also molested as a kid by a friend's father. She started doing pageants, modeling, and acting. As the recent revelations about Harvey Weinstein and James Toback have shown, those fields are littered with sketchy abusers. I think the single best thing about Leeanne is that she's never brought a kid into her crazy. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, nexxie said:

I’m new to the show too, and have wondered the same thing - she seems pretty short on redeeming features.

Maybe Rich knows LeeAnne better than we do?  I don't know, just speculating.  Maybe she treats his child(ren) well?  Maybe she's as loyal as she says?  Maybe she never gets mad at him?  Maybe they're a good balance.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Aren't au pairs typically only here on working visas?  Maybe his looks didn't matter, but his citizenship did.

actually, i don't know.  it didn't matter, they stayed together.

I watch these shows for two reasons:

1. The glorious closet porn. I love the fancy houses, dresses, jewelry, etc. It’s so fun to see all that money can buy you. 

2. The inadvertent peak into hw lives that shows you even with all the money, their lives are still very real. 

As for #2, this episode, while Stephanie was working with her son &his tutor, the camera kept panning back. I realized it was zooming out to show the giant pee puddle the dog left on the other side of the chairs!  Hysterical!  They are practicing letters & there is dog pee three feet away. I love it. 

• Love 2