Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S06.E14: Reunion Part 1

On 10/23/2017 at 11:14 AM, Duke2801 said:

Fixed that for ya!  

I don't recall them discussing it during that fight--but I may have inadvertently zoned out too! 

The shorter hair was much better on MJ, be it real or fake.  The long hair wasn't real either, and it was awful.  

• Like 1

On 10/23/2017 at 11:30 AM, WireWrap said:

It is strange though that no one has brought up about Tommy being white/non Persian though, maybe they don't think Tommy will marry MJ or that they will have children.

They would probably be happy if she hooked up with a 3-toed sloth if it got her off the streets and off the liquor.

On 10/23/2017 at 0:29 PM, janie2002 said:

If you were just to look at him quickly you would think she was too good for him, but Nope Tommy is a great catch for someone like MJ.

I actually think the opposite is true.  x 1000

• Like 1

On 10/23/2017 at 1:11 PM, biakbiak said:

You have to love the editors who cut together the preview that made it appear that MJ left crying when Tommy said he liked Vida more than MJ but actually she just left to get a shot and chomp on a cucumber.

I cannotdeal with another season of MJ trying for a baby. 

Yeah, what is she 60 now?  lol

What wrong with being 60? I'm 60. Of course I'm not trying to have a baby either! LOL  MJ is a big old fake.

My Mom had me at 41 so YES Woman get pregnant after 40 without help. Ask my Aunts who had 10 kids and 8 kids. But I think Asa is lying anyway. Shrugs. 

The best thing for MJ WOULD be if she moved to NY with Tommy and had a real loving family instead of the vindictive, nasty Mom she has. Just cos your a mom doesn't make you a GOOD Mom. Don't remember who said she should move there but this is my "I second that" moment. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

Mike & Reza were on WWHL last week and Mike said Shervin is a big fraud and Reza was dying when he said it.  I wonder if the reasons why will eventually come out.....

Wasn't it Reza that said it and Mike threw himself on the floor in disbelief?  Reza has a deep resentment and hatred for Shervin. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I thought it indicated that Adam & Reza have an open relationship, so there's no cheating.

Wasn't Reza's reluctance to stop hooking up with other men an issue with Adam before they got married?

33 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

Wasn't Reza's reluctance to stop hooking up with other men an issue with Adam before they got married?

And maybe that reluctance led to a conversation that resulted in Reza and Adam deciding to have an open marriage.

Oftentimes on these shows there's the television representation of the marriage and then there's the actual marriage.  Sometimes these two don't even resemble each other.  In any case, I originally commented on a scene from next week's episode, and sometimes those scenes are edited in a very misleading way.  We'll find out Sunday.

Edited by sugarbaker design

49 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Wasn't it Reza that said it and Mike threw himself on the floor in disbelief?  Reza has a deep resentment and hatred for Shervin. 

I wonder if Reza's dislike of Shervin has to do with his sexuality. I've always posited that Shervin was not quite the red blooded, all American heterosexual man he portrays himself to be.

9 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

What wrong with being 60? I'm 60. Of course I'm not trying to have a baby either! LOL  MJ is a big old fake.

My Mom had me at 41 so YES Woman get pregnant after 40 without help. Ask my Aunts who had 10 kids and 8 kids. But I think Asa is lying anyway. Shrugs. 

The best thing for MJ WOULD be if she moved to NY with Tommy and had a real loving family instead of the vindictive, nasty Mom she has. Just cos your a mom doesn't make you a GOOD Mom. Don't remember who said she should move there but this is my "I second that" moment. 

Sarcasm.  She's 45.  If she were going to become pregnant without the assistance of modern medicine, it likely would have happened by now.  Tommy's right - she should focus on her health, it's good if she's knocked off the booze, have her IVF before to much more time passes.  Just because Annette Benning birthed at 50, doesn't mean it's a good idea for everyone.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 3

I don't understand what the big deal is with being a mistake or a bastard.  I'm both.  I mean facts are facts.  I am in my parents' wedding pictures.  They never tried to lie about the year and hide it or anything.  It's not like it is 1950.  And if someone is being slightly an ass I'll still call them a bastard.  The connotation is different for me when used in that context.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

And if someone is being slightly an ass I'll still call them a bastard.  The connotation is different for me when used in that context.  

That is the much more common usage these days which is why Asa took umbrage.

• Like 3

Meh.  I feel like she was looking for tits on an ant.  Her kid is literally a bastard.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  I'm a bastard and my two dogs are bitches.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Meh.  I feel like she was looking for tits on an ant.  Her kid is literally a bastard.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  I'm a bastard and my two dogs are bitches.

But MJ was saying that there was something wrong with it and that she would never have a child out of wedlock, so MJs intent was to be judgemental and to say it was wrong and intent matters. I hate Asa but this is the one thing I agree with because she kept saying it even after Asa asked her not to do it.

• Like 10

On 10/23/2017 at 10:47 AM, bichonblitz said:

I thought it was more the fact that she wasn't Jewish, rather than being white, but I may be wrong.

A little off subject, since I'm on the Mike hate train right now, She converted for him, immersed herself in his culture and learned to cook Persian food because it was important to him. She wanted to make him happy. And the bastard still cheated. Ugh! he is disgusting. 

And somehow Jessica became the bad guy in that situation!! That's what I don't get..... 

• Like 6

On 23.10.2017 at 3:04 PM, bichonblitz said:

I kind of get where Asa was coming from with that. Mike did make a point that it was not acceptable for a Persian to be in an interracial relationship with a black person. Yet, as we can see, I guess it's ok for a Persian to be in a relationship with a white person. Mike/Jessica, Reza/Adam, MJ/Tommy, Shervin/whatshername. Why is that ok in their culture? What he said felt like racism to me, too. FWIW I can't stand Mike, he's the biggest phony of them all and I agree with Shervin when he stated (in a tweet or blog, can't remember) that with two successful brothers,  it must be tough to be the loser of the family. 

I´ve read a lot about their culture and the culture of the Middle-East, from both Arabs and black people, and I understand what Mike was trying to say. These cultures are very racist towards blacks and it´s very different for a middle-easterner to bring home a white girl than a black girl (or boy). Sad but true. I guess he shouldn´t have said anything, it´s tacky to bring it up on camera to his "friend", but it wasn´t him being racist though. The history of slavery in the ME is also so beyond anything that happened in America, that it´s not even possible to compare it. I know the Shahs are not arabs, but Mike was talking about the prejudices that are very real, regardless of persians or arabs.

Asa probably doesn´t want to face these facts. She also lives in a dream world where Iranian muslim women can run around and be "priestesses" who surround themselves with wild, gay men etc and still claim to be okay with the Iranian regime. GG of the huge, fake, uncovered cleavage is her proud enabler.

Edited by halkatla
  • Like 3