Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
TVFANATICA2000

Show Questions

Recommended Posts

So I have some questions and I just thought it would be best to start a new thread:

When did the kids stop calling Bill Baba?

Someone mentioned that the kids took a lot longer to potty train than most children do.  I don't think we ever saw this on the show.  When were they potty trained?

How big (or small) is Zoey?  Its just hard to tell because Bill and Jen are little people.  When they got her she seemed to be like the size of a 3 month old.  And when I watch episodes now she looks to be smaller than my 7 month old son (granted he is about the size of a one year old).

We got to see Will acclimate to his new home after his adoption but not Zoey - understandably with everything that was going on.  Bill and Jen haven't offered much detail but I'm curious to know how those first couple of weeks went.  I did skim their book but they didn't really talk about it much.  Anyone know of anything?

Not so much a question but more of a observation - we really don't know much about their lives.  I was surprised when they mentioned Zoey getting ear tubes.  They showed us that with Will but not her.  Also, I didn't know she was in speech therapy.  They seem to show more with Will than Zoey.  Maybe because she had a hard time with stuff and the cameras made it worse?

If anyone else has questions, post here!

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, TVFANATICA2000 said:

So I have some questions and I just thought it would be best to start a new thread:

When did the kids stop calling Bill Baba?

Someone mentioned that the kids took a lot longer to potty train than most children do.  I don't think we ever saw this on the show.  When were they potty trained?

How big (or small) is Zoey?  Its just hard to tell because Bill and Jen are little people.  When they got her she seemed to be like the size of a 3 month old.  And when I watch episodes now she looks to be smaller than my 7 month old son (granted he is about the size of a one year old).

We got to see Will acclimate to his new home after his adoption but not Zoey - understandably with everything that was going on.  Bill and Jen haven't offered much detail but I'm curious to know how those first couple of weeks went.  I did skim their book but they didn't really talk about it much.  Anyone know of anything?

Not so much a question but more of a observation - we really don't know much about their lives.  I was surprised when they mentioned Zoey getting ear tubes.  They showed us that with Will but not her.  Also, I didn't know she was in speech therapy.  They seem to show more with Will than Zoey.  Maybe because she had a hard time with stuff and the cameras made it worse?

If anyone else has questions, post here!

I miss the kids calling Bill "baba" too; I think they're still using the Chinese terms for Jen's parents though. I think "baba" disappeared, as it were, when Will was getting ready to start, or once he started preschool. Probably to help him fit in better.

With all due respect, isn't knowing when Will & Zoey were potty trained a bit/more than a bit personal? I feel it is; maybe we should just leave it at they have apparently been trained.

Maybe they just felt showing Zoey getting ear tubes after Will, & getting whatever other interventions she may have needed that he did too, was a bit redundant, at least in some cases. I think we saw both in speech therapy though, or at least being taken to appointments.

1 hour ago, TVFANATICA2000 said:

And what happened to Kate?

It appears she got married (not that that alone should've prevented her from still being Will & Zoey's nanny). I remember seeing pics of the kids in a magazine, dressed very nicely; as I remember, the caption at least said they were in a family friend's wedding. Will was the ring bearer & Zoey the flower girl, again as I remember it said. I'll see if I can find the pics online & link if I can.

All things considered, I don't think Kate moved to Florida with the family. Guess we'll see when they finally get to that in the new eps.

Here is a link I found with pics of Will & Zoey at Kate's wedding; scroll until you see separate pics of the kids (Zoey's in a white dress & Will's in a suit). They were posted to Jen's Instagram (which I get to see when she or Bill link to it on their Twitters), but I think I saw them somewhere besides my Twitter because I remember the details about Will & Zoey being ring bearer & flower girl somewhere besides Jen's Instagram captions. OK I just looked again & Jen's caption says Zoey was Kate's flower girl. Jen says nothing about whether or not Will was in the wedding party, on his pic, but I'm still almost positive he was the ring bearer.

By the way, there's a Tweet from Bill screencapped on this page which seems to  say Kate was on her honeymoon (& I guess would be back soon), while Jen was at a conference.

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To add a link & info.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Would Kate be moving to Florida with them? Even after she got married?  I don't think they will need the same kind of help as when the children were so young. Perhaps they need more of a housekeeper, because that is a huge house they just bought. I can see the need for a housekeeper/baby sitter/housecleaner, and perhaps someone to take care of grounds/heavy work. 

 

I knew a wealthy family - maybe not multimillionaire, but well-to-do, who not only had housekeeper, dog walker, etc. And a plant-waterer! Yes, someone came to the house just to water the plants! 

Share this post


Link to post

Just guessing and speculating...

If Kate married someone connecting with the show/TLC then she will be going to FL with the gang.

But most likely she married a civilian, a non show biz type....

Does anyone know?

Here's a toast to Kate and her groom!

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

 

With all due respect, isn't knowing when Will & Zoey were potty trained a bit/more than a bit personal? I feel it is; maybe we should just leave it at they have apparently been trained.

 

It appears she got married (not that that alone should've prevented her from still being Will & Zoey's nanny). I remember seeing pics of the kids in a magazine, dressed very nicely; as I remember, the caption at least said they were in a family friend's wedding. Will was the ring bearer & Zoey the flower girl, again as I remember it said. I'll see if I can find the pics online & link if I can.

All things considered, I don't think Kate moved to Florida with the family. Guess we'll see when they finally get to that in the new eps.

 

I'm not asking for personal potty training footage but since someone on another thread mentioned they were in diapers for along time I was just wondering. 

I don't assume Kate would move to Florida with the family but we haven't seen her for awhile and these episodes that are currently airing are before the move.

Share this post


Link to post

Since both sides of the potty training discussion had pretty strong opinions, I think it would be best to steer clear of that.

Nice to hear that Kate got married  I wish her well.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Since both sides of the potty training discussion had pretty strong opinions, I think it would be best to steer clear of that.

Diapergate was shut down (thank goodness!).   The threads are there for all to read - it wasn't pretty (unless you think the private bodily functions of a toddler are worth obsessing about).  I'd hoped we were past that, but (goddammit) the internet is forever.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Diapergate was shut down (thank goodness!).   The threads are there for all to read - it wasn't pretty (unless you think the private bodily functions of a toddler are worth obsessing about).  I'd hoped we were past that, but (goddammit) the internet is forever.

Amen to that.  I remember......

Edited by toodles
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 2017-10-18 at 3:55 PM, TVFANATICA2000 said:

And what happened to Kate?

She got married and stayed in Houston...she might have left her job with them when she got married..  my guess...

Share this post


Link to post

I only started reading/posting here quite recently.  All I read was a simple comment about the kids being in diapers longer than average.  I didn't realize there was a whole "diapergate" situation.

Edited by TVFANATICA2000

Share this post


Link to post

Please don't tell me that Will is still in diapers. If this is true, I don't know of any mainstream 1st grade school that would take him in a regular class. What are the facts about that? I thought I noticed his shorts a bit 'poofed' in the tush, like a child in diapers.

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, TVFANATICA2000 said:

I didn't realize there was a whole "diapergate" situation.

Sadly, yes, and it got quite contentious. Hopefully we won't get that all rolling again.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size