Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: eps3.1_undo.gz

• Start Topic

WOW! That was an intense episode. I'm going to need to rewatch and gather my thoughts. They did confirm my theories that Darlene was flipped by the FBI and what Darlene's motives for her part in the hack . Now that people are aware of Mr. Robot it's easy to tell when he takes over Elliot. Mr Robot makes eye contact and is much more confident and forceful Having that knowledge out there makes me afraid for the people who know about Mr. Robot's existence. 

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 1

Wow.  Bye Joanna.  That was a total shock.

Great episode - the scene with Krista and Mr. Robot was chilling.  I was scared for her - if the character of Joanna isn't safe, no character on this show is safe.

• Love 4

The beginning montage of Elliot becoming a corporate man while taking out the riff raff in the process was funny.  But no Elliot, corporations really can't be made "better."  They are cold-hearted greed machines and will always look to screw over everyone else to feed their insatiable materialistic appetite.  Prune these losers and they will be quickly replaced by other greed heads.  It is like a plague that just keeps spreading.  And it obviously hasn't brought peace to Elliot who is back to his alone/crying jags.

On the positive side they got rid of the Tyrell's wife + Lover Boy subplot finally.  I wonder if the actress had another gig lined up or the creator was as bored with Joanna as I was.  Either way I applaud the move.  And given the scene in the autopsy room, of course Dom will end up with the kid.

And Price vs White Rose.  Let's go to Phase 2 even if Price caves because I want to "slap his wrist" even if it costs thousands of lives and continues the endless suffering.  Never mistake her/his (she/he was a he the whole episode and I forget who she/he is really suppose to be anyway) generosity with generosity did he/she not say? 

Oh yeah.  A blast from the past.  I didn't expect the creep that was "playing" Elliot's therapist's heart in season 1 to show up let alone dump the now sick dog on Elliot.  He is like a cockroach that just never goes away despite the world basically ending.

Lots on Darlene.  She knows the difference between the two as well and has had it with the Mr Robot part at this point it seems.  She, Angela and the therapist now know about Mr Robot.  Does Tyrell know yet?  I don't think so.  White Rose probably knows maybe?  Maybe not.  His newest henchman, the goofy looking new guy this season, didn't seem to know anyway.

So at the end of the episode has Elliot decided he needs help and is looking to work with the FBI?  An Elliot/Dom alliance seemed enviable to me since Don's introduction in season 2.  Doesn't mean I wanted to see the alliance.  I don't.  Too trite and law and orderish for my tastes.  Just that it seemed inevitable.

Edited by green
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Okay, help me here...did anybody survive the shooting of Joanna...it seems like somebody in the medical examiner's office said someone did. Was it the body guard? I really like him, I love a loyal slave.  

Yes. They said it looked like the bodyguard would pull through.

• Love 3

I can't believe they killed Joanna. That was a shock - I thought she was faking at first, and then picked up the gun and shot the guy through the window. That poor baby. :( Without her mum, and her dad is goodness knows where. 

This show just gets creepier. I'm going to have to watch this again, when I finally get around to rewatching last week's episode. 

• Love 1

Great episode!  Even better than last week.

Loved the opening scene, which reminded me very much of the early seasons.  That was fun.

Wow.  I can't believe they killed Joanna (I thought the bullet only grazed her head).  I admit I'm disappointed as it feels like we were always waiting for something more to be  done with the character and we have never found out just what Joanna and Tyrell's agenda was and who they were working for.  Lover Boy was a Darwin award winner.  He really thought Joanna was going to marry him after convincing him to say he saw Scott kill his wife and agree to testify.  Anyone could have told him that he couldn't be with Joanna after that or it would look like the two of them were in collusion.  Still, a surprise chain of events.

I knew that Darlene had to be working with Dom and the FBI.

Great run of Price and awesome confrontation with Whiterose.

Great scene between Mr. Robot and Krista.

Looks like we get the return of Tyrell next week.  It's long overdue as he's been mostly sidelined for far too long on this show.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, green said:

And Price vs White Rose.  Let's go to Phase 2 even if Price caves because I want to "slap his wrist" even if it costs thousands of lives and continues the endless suffering.  Never mistake her/his (she/he was a he the whole episode and I forget who she/he is really suppose to be anyway) generosity with generosity did he/she not say? 

So at the end of the episode has Elliot decided he needs help and is looking to work with the FBI?  An Elliot/Dom alliance seemed enviable to me since Don's introduction in season 2.  Doesn't mean I wanted to see the alliance.  I don't.  Too trite and law and orderish for my tastes.  Just that it seemed inevitable.

White Rose has been aware of and when necessary allowing and assisting Evil corp and Price. Price assumes it is because he is as powerful as WR. He is incorrect and reminded Price of that with the threat against Angela.

Elliot is not seeking help from the FBI. That's Mr. Robot who figured out that Darlene bugged his computer, sent a phishing email which the dumb FBI guy clicked on that MR. Robot used to track down to the safehouse Darlene is staying in. 

• Love 5

The FBI's fixation on Wellick, a fall guy if there ever was one, confirms to me the suspicion that Dom's boss is on White Rose's payroll and bent on shutting down any deep investigation of the Dark Army. That seemed likely last season and even more so after this episode. Joanna's shocking death shows that Wellick has always been a red herring in the narrative as well as to law enforcement.

A terrific episode. The show is back on track after last season's stumbles.

• Love 5

Yeah, remember that Dom's boss was in another location when everybody got shot in China last season. Oh yeah, I'm on to him, and I agree with you Cardie.  BD Wong is so scary taking on Mr. Price, I just love himmmmmmmmmm. Sorry, but I have a crush. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Milaxx said:

Elliot is not seeking help from the FBI. That's Mr. Robot who figured out that Darlene bugged his computer, sent a phishing email which the dumb FBI guy clicked on that MR. Robot used to track down to the safehouse Darlene is staying in. 

I don't know, I think it could just as easily be Elliott. 

Elliott has always been the personality with the hacking and coding skills - it's why Mr. Robot needed him in the first place.  We haven't seen anything that indicates Mr. Robot is capable of setting up a phishing email that fools the FBI and bypasses whatever security they must be using and gives up their location.  Elliott was putting the clues together after talking with Krista, and it wouldn't be a giant leap for him to have deduced what happened with Darlene. 

Of course, even if he does work with the the FBI, Mr. Robot will be working against them simultaneously which should keep it interesting.

Edited by Cosmosgravitation
  • Love 3

He didn't go to the FBI. He backtracked and found the safehouse the FBI is housing Darlene in and broke in. Dom is completely surprised to hear noises coming from the apartment.  If h=Elliot had turned himself in, why break in. WHy use a phishing scheme to find out where Darlene is staying? Look at how he's looking around, no nervous , daring eye movement.  Mr Robot looks  intensely at anything he is doing. Elliot didn't put the clues together after talking to Krista. He was completely unaware that Mr. Robot came out. What Elliot knows Mr. Robot knows but not the other way around. They have the same skill set, just different intents. It was Mr. Robot who planned the 5/9 hack. Elliot barely knew the team at the team assembled or the plan.  It was Mr. Robot who caught Darlene placing the bug. In fact for the first time she clearly saw the Mr. Robot persona take over Elliot and that's what scared her and made her run out of there. From what I can gather the only people who can distinguish Elliot from Mr Robot are Angela, Krista, Darlene and my guess is White Rose. 

Remember nothing Esmail puts in this show is a throw away.

In last week's episode the guy leading the  tour at the power plant says;"do we see reality as it is?....if I close my my eyes I can imagine that everything we experience, everything we think, see and do is unfolding simultaneously in a parallel universe. and If so, how many copies of our cells  (*ourselves?)  exist and might our mental states be conjoined for better or worse."

That pretty much sums up Elliot vs Mr. Robot. Elliot's way of making the world better is small little things like the hacking the employees of E corp and reporting them to the FBI.  That was Elliot in season one.  Mr. Robot is not so kind in his pursuit of justice. But, as the power plant guy says, "they are conjoined".  When Elliot tries to tamp down  Mr. Robot it just creates more conflict within. Elliot is seemingly unaware that Mr. Robot has spoken to Angela, Darlene,  Irving & Krista.  He  asks Angela to let him know if he returns, completely unaware that he returned and went with her to see Irving  & Tyrell. After Mr. Robot has revealed himself to Krista Elliot asks if she is ready to begin bringing out the Mr. Robot persona. On the subway home Elliot sits under a poster that reads "Separation Anxiety".  When Elliot and Mr. Robot are not working in sync Elliot feels this void of loneliness. Much like in season 1 when Elliot didn't recognize the Mr. Robot persona and would have those crying jags of loneliness in his apartment.

9 hours ago, Cardie said:

The FBI's fixation on Wellick, a fall guy if there ever was one, confirms to me the suspicion that Dom's boss is on White Rose's payroll and bent on shutting down any deep investigation of the Dark Army. That seemed likely last season and even more so after this episode. Joanna's shocking death shows that Wellick has always been a red herring in the narrative as well as to law enforcement.

A terrific episode. The show is back on track after last season's stumbles.

I'm not 100% sure if Santiago works for White Rose or not.  I do agree Tyrell is definitely being used by WR as the fall guy.

* my closed captioning said our cells. I'm not sure if that's intentional or if it should be ourselves.

ETA: A few other questions I have

At what point did Krista find out about Mr. Robot? Why does she continue to treat Elliot.

I get the feeling something else major happened on the day Elliot was pushed/fell out the window and broke his arm.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Milaxx said:

At what point did Krista find out about Mr. Robot? Why does she continue to treat Elliot.

I get the feeling something else major happened on the day Elliot was pushed/fell out the window and broke his arm.

And what is the significance of Elliot being so sure he had told Krista his dad pushed him out the window? She seemed genuinely surprised when he mentioned it.

• Love 7

Krista told Elliot what Mr Robot said to her, though, didn't she? It seemed like he was thinking about it after he left the session.

Elliot has been turning people over the the FBI from his job at ECorp. You'd think that Dom and her team would be able to get closer to him through that channel. They know he's there. He's acting like he trusts them. Why not use that angle? I do think Dom's boss is trouble, but Dom herself is usually one step ahead.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, green said:

Never mistake …generosity [for] generosity

I *loved* that line. Excellently penned/typed, directed, filmed, and acted episode. I really enjoyed seeing Elliot's genius in action rather than just referenced by other characters.

It was easy to see how Darlene would both want to protect Elliot and protect herself from his Mr Robot alter.

[White Rose's] newest henchman, the goofy looking new guy this season, didn't seem to know anyway.

I happened to see the same actor in an old L&O rerun recently playing almost the same role. I like to think he was cast here because of that old role.

An Elliot/Dom alliance seemed enviable to me since Don's introduction in season 2.  Doesn't mean I wanted to see the alliance.  I don't.  Too trite and law and orderish for my tastes.  Just that it seemed inevitable.

Hah! Speaking of L&O! But I didn't see it that way.

5 hours ago, Milaxx said:

n fact for the first time she clearly saw the Mr. Robot persona take over Elliot and that's what scared her and made her run out of there.

I assumed Darlene has seen Mr Robot many times. No?

5 hours ago, Milaxx said:

In last week's episode the guy leading the  tour at the power plant says;"do we see reality as it is?....if I close my my eyes I can imagine that everything we experience, everything we think, see and do is unfolding simultaneously in a parallel universe. and If so, how many copies of our cells  (*ourselves?)  exist and might our mental states be conjoined for better or worse."

Yes, now that you mention it, it makes much more sense for this show to be referring to multiple personalities when mentioning multiple universes.

Edited by shapeshifter
Replaced pronoun with noun for clarity
  • Love 2

I was spoiled going in that someone major died, and I just had the sense it was going to be Joanna.  Still a crazy way to go: done in by the guy that she manipulated to cover for Tyrell.  I wonder if this was always the plan or if Stephanie Corneliussen is moving on to other things, since it felt so random.  Of course, that could all change, especially with Tyrell likely getting into the thick of it soon.

So, Darlene is totally working for Dominque and the rest of the FBI.  Bet she has to feel like shit for being under their thumb.  Uh oh!

Always love watching Price and Whiterose face-off and try to out-slime one another.  Michael Cristofer and B.D. Wong must be having so much fun in those scenes.

The opening segment with Elliot in E-Corp was hilarious and well-directed.

Great to see Krista again!  Her scene with Mr. Robot was intense as hell!

• Love 4

Retreating from the heavy what is really going on discussion here -- which I love -- what about E Coin?  Not in the show but on our TV sets.

Didn't they have a fake E Coin commercial last week during the show run in the middle of their regular commercials? 

Then last week I was surfing through some channels at random and the E Coin commercial was running again.  But it was on the Sy Fy channel I think.  Or History maybe?  (They are next to each other on my cable).  Just caught the last 5 seconds of it but it was the skewed E inside a light blue circle and E Coin in large letters.  Anyone else see it?  is it some sort of weird Mr Robot promotion ad?

5 hours ago, possibilities said:

Krista told Elliot what Mr Robot said to her, though, didn't she? It seemed like he was thinking about it after he left the session.

Elliot has been turning people over the the FBI from his job at ECorp. You'd think that Dom and her team would be able to get closer to him through that channel. They know he's there. He's acting like he trusts them. Why not use that angle? I do think Dom's boss is trouble, but Dom herself is usually one step ahead.

I don't think do. He was asking us his "friend" on the subway ride home. Ironically enough under the poster that said "separation anxiety" Fro what I recall of my undergrad studies psychologist avoid mentioning what the alters say to them in sessions until they are ready to try and unify the personalities.  

2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I was spoiled going in that someone major died, and I just had the sense it was going to be Joanna.  Still a crazy way to go: done in by the guy that she manipulated to cover for Tyrell.  I wonder if this was always the plan or if Stephanie Corneliussen is moving on to other things, since it felt so random.  Of course, that could all change, especially with Tyrell likely getting into the thick of it soon.

So, Darlene is totally working for Dominque and the rest of the FBI.  Bet she has to feel like shit for being under their thumb.  Uh oh!

Always love watching Price and Whiterose face-off and try to out-slime one another.  Michael Cristofer and B.D. Wong must be having so much fun in those scenes.

The opening segment with Elliot in E-Corp was hilarious and well-directed.

Great to see Krista again!  Her scene with Mr. Robot was intense as hell!

I'll have to google it, I think it was an EW interview where Esmail said he always knew he would kill off the character and this seem the perfect time. It was a sort of balancing of the scales for her part in getting Tyrell off scott free for murder and all the damage they have done together.

2 hours ago, green said:

Retreating from the heavy what is really going on discussion here -- which I love -- what about E Coin?  Not in the show but on our TV sets.

Didn't they have a fake E Coin commercial last week during the show run in the middle of their regular commercials? 

Then last week I was surfing through some channels at random and the E Coin commercial was running again.  But it was on the Sy Fy channel I think.  Or History maybe?  (They are next to each other on my cable).  Just caught the last 5 seconds of it but it was the skewed E inside a light blue circle and E Coin in large letters.  Anyone else see it?  is it some sort of weird Mr Robot promotion ad?

There's an actual ecoin site you can sign up on. They send regular emails and you can sign up for freebies. This week you can see Elliot's desktop at Ecorp. He had memo to HR reporting his annoying workmate Samir and also floor plans and schematics for the different locations of Ecopr offices.

I assumed Darlene has seen Mr Robot many times. No?

I don't think so. Most people just assume Elliot is just weird. I think it just this time she got a glimpse of the anger of Mr. Robot and sh figured it out. TBH I'm not 100% sure she knows about Mr. Robot. Just that she knew he was stranger than normal even for Elliot.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

I think it just this time she got a glimpse of the anger of Mr. Robot and sh figured it out. TBH I'm not 100% sure she knows about Mr. Robot. Just that she knew he was stranger than normal even for Elliot.

She knows he's been seeing their dead father and thought he was real. She may just be figuring out that he takes over Elliot completely on many occasions. The showing of Rami Malek's face becoming Mr. Robot's, as seen from others' viewpoints, and then turning into Christian Slater for the audience is new this season.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Milaxx said:

On the subway home Elliot sits under a poster that reads "Separation Anxiety".

"Separation Anxiety" starring Will Ferrell and Judi Dench!  Ha!

Darlene looked stricken when Elliot asked if she remembered the snowman Kevin McAllister.  I think there is still more to the story of the snowman and Elliot being pushed out the window.  I'll be looking for hidden/obscure references to "Home Alone" this season, just in case!  (Although right now the snowman story just makes me think of those terrible ads for the terrible-looking movie The Snowman).

I need to go back and listen to Whiterose's lines about Angela's eyes.  There's something going on there.  Last season, Angela started to take on a weird, glassy-eyed look and wore her hair pulled tightly back emphasizing her face.  When we saw her this season, she seemed more normal.  I feel like there is more than one Angela or Angela is yet another character with multiple personas/identities.  

Also--what was the mine in the Congo that was mentioned?  Whatever Whiterose's grand scheme is, it requires some mineral or element from the Congo.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Misstify said:

Also--what was the mine in the Congo that was mentioned?  Whatever Whiterose's grand scheme is, it requires some mineral or element from the Congo.

I remember looking it up last season. There's a mineral that is mined in the Congo that China wants. I forget what it is but it plays into  WR's multiverse/parallel world/time travel  deal.

I definitely think more happened on that day Elliot was pushed out the window.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Milaxx said:

I took Darlene's reaction to mean she pushed Elliot out of the window, and Elliott has thought for years it was his dad. But nothing else was said about that so maybe not.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ottis said:

I took Darlene's reaction to mean she pushed Elliot out of the window, and Elliott has thought for years it was his dad. But nothing else was said about that so maybe not.

The way the conversation went made it sound to me like something happened to their dad.

Man, when Price started Coming For BD Wong that way? Yelling, threatening, Belittling? I was WAITING for him to come back at him and scare the starch out of him. And he did, Oh my Lord, he did. The look of sheer terror on Price's face was extremely satisfying.

What was the code Elliot(?) sent to the FBI? I really wanna know.  Was that ELLIOT or MR. ROBOT at the end? I hate not knowing.

I love how everyone underestimates ELLIOT and is so scared of Mr. Robot.  Elliot has his issues, but he's not an idiot. 

Good episode. Really good. I have no feelings about Joanna. I pretty much hated her character and wondered why on earth she was even ON the show. 

Darlene....Think she'll be allowed to live when the DA find out? She's not crucial to the storyline or the show so them killing her off (maybe next season?) wouldn't be impossible. Darlene...bitch sold out her own brother, and Elliot and Mr. Robot both know it now...they're gonna get her.

• Love 2
On 10/19/2017 at 4:41 AM, Anela said:

I can't believe they killed Joanna. That was a shock - I thought she was faking at first, and then picked up the gun and shot the guy through the window. That poor baby. :( Without her mum, and her dad is goodness knows where. 

This show just gets creepier. I'm going to have to watch this again, when I finally get around to rewatching last week's episode. 

Hmm, the baby might be better off not having Joanna for a parent the rest of his or her life.

I don't know, FBI really thought they could hack Elliot?

As for Elliot going to work for E-corp, aside from his illness, it's more typical that someone with his talents would be working for such a company already.  Or working for some startup with the promise of lucrative stock options if the startup goes IPO.

I don't get him wanting to undo the hack.  I thought he was all about liberating people from personal debt.  Didn't Angela have huge bills in the first season?

If he's going to be a hero, he needs to be working to take down WR and the Dark Army.

7 hours ago, Milaxx said:

I remember looking it up last season. There's a mineral that is mined in the Congo that China wants. I forget what it is but it plays into  WR's multiverse/parallel world/time travel  deal.

It doesn't have to be for a mythic time machine.  A lot of rare earth metals are vital for all the electronics devices being made today.  You better believe major economic powers are making sure to secure their supplies.

I don't think the UN would ever allow China to annex some African country.  What China does IRL is to cut deals with a lot of these African nations, typically for oil rights.  All they have to do is bribe the many corrupt politicians in those countries.

• Love 3

I was shocked but not upset they killed Joanna.  To me she was a pointless character.  I never understood what her function was and I HATED what she did to the man whose wife was killed by Tyrell.  To me Joanna was a useless, pointless character who wasn't even involved in the main story.  

I like this season so far because they're getting back to what the show is about:  everybody wants revolution, but no one bothers to think it through, what will happen after.  

On another note, I watched the first season on Amazon Prime, language and all; I assumed USA was selling the show to Amazon, uncut.  I watched the second season live and noticed that curse words like "fuck" were bleeped out; I assumed again that USA would sell the raw version to Amazon again.  This season the show is TVMA and I'm still floored that "fuck" isn't bleeped out.  I just wonder what changed.  I wonder if the new management at USA is looking to become the next HBO or FX.  I find it interesting that "fuck" isn't bleeped out of a program that shows commercials.   

56 minutes ago, scrb said:

It doesn't have to be for a mythic time machine.  A lot of rare earth metals are vital for all the electronics devices being made today.  You better believe major economic powers are making sure to secure their supplies.

I remember now. It's the Coltan. It's used in the manufacturing of electronics. I know I had some sort of conspiracy theory about what WR wants it for last season, but I can't recall exactly what without looking at my old Mr. Robot post. Anyway, given that it's a show focused on life in the tech age, control of the world's supply of coltan makes sense.

7 hours ago, Milaxx said:

The way the conversation went made it sound to me like something happened to their dad.

Maybe something Elliot feels guilty about, which is why Mr. Robot is so harsh and unforgiving with him.

In addition to the mineral, I thought there was also a discussion between WR and Minion Whose Name I Don't Know, about using the mine to conduct some secret activity undetected.

3 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Maybe something Elliot feels guilty about, which is why Mr. Robot is so harsh and unforgiving with him.

In addition to the mineral, I thought there was also a discussion between WR and Minion Whose Name I Don't Know, about using the mine to conduct some secret activity undetected.

I don't know because Darlene seemed effected by it as well. I dunno, maybe the are setting us up for a later reveal. 

By minion do you mean the guy she instructed to speak in English because he "needs to practice"? I get the feeling he may also be WR's lover/partner. Anyway, yes I do vaguely recall that conversation. I'd have to rewatch season 2 to refresh my mind about the mine stuff.

So far there are no obvious signs that we're being tricked. as with Mr. Robot being an alter rather than a real person and Elliot reconceiving his prison experience as hiding out at his Mom's.  Does anyone see anything suspicious that might signal we are in a parallel universe or something?

I thought his dad pushed Elliot out the window because he blabbed to the rest of the family that his dad was terminally ill. That in itself is enough to make the day extra painful to Darlene. But perhaps the parents left them home alone a lot and there's some scary incident associated with that.

• Love 1

Both Angela and Darlene confirm that Elliot fell/was pushed out the window and broke his arm as a child. Whatever the missing information is likely has to to with whatever else occurred that day. Like maybe his dad got sick at the hospital and that's when they found out how sick he was when he started spitting up blood or something. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Cardie said:

So far there are no obvious signs that we're being tricked. as with Mr. Robot being an alter rather than a real person and Elliot reconceiving his prison experience as hiding out at his Mom's.  Does anyone see anything suspicious that might signal we are in a parallel universe or something?

I thought his dad pushed Elliot out the window because he blabbed to the rest of the family that his dad was terminally ill. That in itself is enough to make the day extra painful to Darlene. But perhaps the parents left them home alone a lot and there's some scary incident associated with that.

We aren't in a parallel universe or multiverse. That's a believe system held by WR. Style wise and to certain degree, this season mirrors season 1, but so fr, no we aren't see the world thru Elliot's delusions in a major way like last season. In fact, Elliot s allow us, his "friend" to see even more of how he really is, including those transitions when Mr. Robot takes over.

On October 20, 2017 at 1:46 AM, Cardie said:

The showing of Rami Malek's face becoming Mr. Robot's, as seen from others' viewpoints

There was one profile view of Elliot/Rami, silhouetted and with his hoodie, that seemed to turn his face into one of those Guy Fawkes masks—although I now read that the F Society masks are actually the face of the Monopoly game guy.

On 10/20/2017 at 11:18 AM, Milaxx said:

The mineral is cobalt, and it's sitting in every smart phone right now. Whomever controls the cobalt will wield a lot of power in the future. 

I feel like a person with poor impulse control and lacking knowledge of the relationship between actions and dire consequences, is likely to have been the person who pushed Elliot out of a window.  My money thus would be on Darlene/Angela/another peer, or even younger kid, before it would be an adult; but you never know with this show.

On 10/19/2017 at 5:01 PM, Milaxx said:

He didn't go to the FBI. He backtracked and found the safehouse the FBI is housing Darlene in and broke in. Dom is completely surprised to hear noises coming from the apartment.  If h=Elliot had turned himself in, why break in. WHy use a phishing scheme to find out where Darlene is staying? Look at how he's looking around, no nervous , daring eye movement.  Mr Robot looks  intensely at anything he is doing. Elliot didn't put the clues together after talking to Krista. He was completely unaware that Mr. Robot came out. What Elliot knows Mr. Robot knows but not the other way around. They have the same skill set, just different intents. It was Mr. Robot who planned the 5/9 hack. Elliot barely knew the team at the team assembled or the plan.  It was Mr. Robot who caught Darlene placing the bug. In fact for the first time she clearly saw the Mr. Robot persona take over Elliot and that's what scared her and made her run out of there. From what I can gather the only people who can distinguish Elliot from Mr Robot are Angela, Krista, Darlene and my guess is White Rose. 

That pretty much sums up Elliot vs Mr. Robot. Elliot's way of making the world better is small little things like the hacking the employees of E corp and reporting them to the FBI.  That was Elliot in season one.  Mr. Robot is not so kind in his pursuit of justice. But, as the power plant guy says, "they are conjoined".  When Elliot tries to tamp down  Mr. Robot it just creates more conflict within. Elliot is seemingly unaware that Mr. Robot has spoken to Angela, Darlene,  Irving & Krista.  He  asks Angela to let him know if he returns, completely unaware that he returned and went with her to see Irving  & Tyrell. After Mr. Robot has revealed himself to Krista Elliot asks if she is ready to begin bringing out the Mr. Robot persona. On the subway home Elliot sits under a poster that reads "Separation Anxiety".  When Elliot and Mr. Robot are not working in sync Elliot feels this void of loneliness. Much like in season 1 when Elliot didn't recognize the Mr. Robot persona and would have those crying jags of loneliness in his apartment.

I'm not 100% sure if Santiago works for White Rose or not.  I do agree Tyrell is definitely being used by WR as the fall guy.

* my closed captioning said our cells. I'm not sure if that's intentional or if it should be ourselves.

ETA: A few other questions I have

I like all your theories. And good catch on the "Separation Anxiety" ad on the subway -- I had to go back and watch that again. I love all the little details like that in this show! Every time you watch it, you can see more and more.

That was a really intense scene with Krista and Mr. Robot. Christian Slater does that character so well, always with an undercurrent of menace.

"Don't mistake my generosity for generosity." Gotta love BD Wong/White Rose!

I was so sad for Elliott when he was crying and also felt sad for Darlene when she said she only did the hack to get closer to him. At least now we know why Darlene is not in jail.

Not sure the significance of the Joanna scene other than to wrap up her storyline. I hated her so good riddance. That poor little baby though! 

Can we have Dom get rid of her stupid lollipops? I hate that quirk of her character.

• Love 2
On 10/20/2017 at 0:00 AM, green said:

I heard there's a Red Wheelbarrow website complete with a menu and prices listed in E-coin, and a "sign up for E-coin" site as well. The creators of this show probably love doing stuff like that! I heard on one of the podcasts that at this year's ComicCon in San Diego, they actually had a Red Wheelbarrow restaurant, which had hidden clues in it, and if you figured out all the clues you could "apply for a job at E Corp" and when you went to that, you ended up in that room where White Rose interrogated Angela!

• Love 3
On 10/20/2017 at 2:23 AM, Milaxx said:

I think it just this time she got a glimpse of the anger of Mr. Robot and sh figured it out. TBH I'm not 100% sure she knows about Mr. Robot. Just that she knew he was stranger than normal even for Elliot.

Actually, this time when Mr. Robot grabbed her and pushed her against the wall and was yelling at her, Darlene said "Jesus. It's you." So she does know that Elliott has another, very different, personality that comes out sometimes. 

I thought Elliott did tell Krista about his father pushing him out the window, back in Season 1. I'll have to re-watch. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, KaleyFirefly said:

Not sure how long she's known he's multiple, but I think she keeps treating him because that's what therapists do.

ETA: I forgot about the storyline where Elliot interfered with her personal life. So, yeah-- it's not really right that she's still his therapist after that.

Maybe he's imagining that he's still going to her, and really he's quit therapy.

Edited by possibilities
6 hours ago, possibilities said:

Not sure how long she's known he's multiple, but I think she keeps treating him because that's what therapists do.

ETA: I forgot about the storyline where Elliot interfered with her personal life. So, yeah-- it's not really right that she's still his therapist after that.

Maybe he's imagining that he's still going to her, and really he's quit therapy.

But the therapist doesn't know Elliot interfered in her life.  Just that creepy guy called it off with her confessing he had a wife and multiple "escorts" on the side.

At least that is what Elliot told creepy guy to tell her.  And next session when he notices her sadness he figures the guy followed through with their deal.

Edited by green
  • Love 2
On 11/4/2017 at 6:45 AM, green said:

But the therapist doesn't know Elliot interfered in her life.  Just that creepy guy called it off with her confessing he had a wife and multiple "escorts" on the side.

At least that is what Elliot told creepy guy to tell her.  And next session when he notices her sadness he figures the guy followed through with their deal.

She does know Elliot interfered. The cheating ex told her. When she visited Elliot in prison she mentioned that she started to not see him after what he did to her with the hacking. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Milaxx said:

She does know Elliot interfered. The cheating ex told her. When she visited Elliot in prison she mentioned that she started to not see him after what he did to her with the hacking. 

Thanks.  I have absolutely NO memory of the therapist visiting Elliot in prison. 

The whole prison turned fantasy first half of Season 2 pretty much got wiped from my mind.  I have little postcard sized memories of those episodes at best. 

Like Elliot getting that call from Tyrell and something to do with a guy with a dog that forced Elliot to hack something which took up whole episodes or seemed to anyway.  And of course Leon I remember and basketball being played and that is about it.  Wait, I think Alf made a guest appearance at one point involving a family vacation that involved Tyrell tied up in the trunk.  Yep, that's all I got in the memory banks involving Elliot anyway in that wasted first half of Season 2.

But the therapist didn't make the postcard memories album I guess.

• Love 1
On 11/11/2017 at 3:42 PM, green said:

I have absolutely NO memory of the therapist visiting Elliot in prison. 

It was one of his sessions with her that revealed he was really in prison and not at his mother. He was talking about his mother as he had been doing for the first half of the season and when he was done, she calmly said to him, "you know you're not at your Mother's right" and Elliot says, "I know..." and the camera shot pulled back revealing his prison clothes and the cell. 

I agree with others that Joanna's death, while surprising, was ultimately uneventful because the character really didn't serve any major purpose. The actress was definitely fascinating to watch because wow was that character screwed up. But in the grand scheme of everything happening, her character really served little purpose. 

The psychological mind games of this show is fascinating, with so many of these characters so fucked up. I agree with many that the battle between White Rose and E-Corp guy is hugely entertaining. And of course there's Elliot never ending struggle with Mr. Robot. The scene when Elliot brings up the snowman in therapy, only to have the story proceed to this dark place of his father throwing him out of a window was brilliantly played by Rami.

The subtle play of emotions that ran across his face was just excellent. Especially after Krista asks him why he thought of that story now and you see all this conflict and struggle and pain across his face, only for him to ultimately reply with a soft, "I don't know..." Man, screw The Emmy's. I don't care how uneven Season 2 was, the voters were full of shit not nominating Rami for the season. 

I don't think do. He was asking us his "friend" on the subway ride home. Ironically enough under the poster that said "separation anxiety" 

I just watched the episode today and Krista did tell him what happened. On the train, when he's talking to the audience, he says, "what did Mr. Robot mean that we've been compromised. You were there, you heard it along with her, right?" At that point, you see him going down the path of wondering who the us could be, what the compromise could have been, if Stage 2 was still on, etc. He also ends his thoughts thinking, "why do I suddenly feel so alive?" So it is entirely possible that it was Elliot who sent the email to the FBI and maybe figured out what was going on with Darlene. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2