Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

S01.E13: All or Nothing

19 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Hubby and I were commenting on her spackle, uh I mean makeup process. 

Now, I wear makeup.  Powder, eyeshadow, mascara etc.  Takes me 3 minutes to do my face. And I am not a natural beauty. 

Seems like her makeup process takes forever.  While he watches!!

Yes, did you notice how she globbed on the foundation?  Like by the spoonful.  That's a lot of makeup for someone so young.  Her Mary Kay consultant must love her. 

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Like 4

Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and Corny is crying for an hour in your apartment. Terrifying. 

• Like 15

9 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Does Shawn Robinson eat?  She looks like a skeleton with a wig on in the upcoming reunion previews.

Oh, no, please NOT Shawn Robinson!!!!  I propose we take up a collection or raise some money so TLC will pay for a competent host for the tell all.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

Dat eye makeup!

wonky.jpg

wonky2.jpg

She is wearing Business eyeliner on her right eye and Party eyeliner on her left.  An eyeliner mullet,  if you will. 

She's like Harvey "Two-Face" Dent.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and Corny is crying for an hour in your apartment. Terrifying. 

Sex with Corny was not worth enduring that horror.  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I stopped all of that over a decade ago. She had to do everything while he watched - there was no room in that rabbit hutch they rented.  

• Like 3

Seeing Paul’s mom explains a lot.  

Katrine better hope Paul doesn’t come back.  I would be a blessing in disguise.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I've had the sense from Day 1 that Cor-nee should be visiting a therapist, not Malaga. Being a Disney Princess must be a lot of pressure. Otherwise, when not freeloading around the world (which she makes sound glamorous but must be lonely and weird) she lives with her parents and maybe lacks purpose, a community, and roots, at least since they came to FL.

Our community is HERE for you, Corts.

I'm ashamed to admit this tidbit but I had last week's epi on in the background last night. One of the bonus scenes was when 'Tonio gave Cor-nee a geeeft. "You NEED this, Cor-nee." He hands her this wrapped package, and she's all excited. She opens it up and if you all could only have seen the expression on her face. Not a memento of  3000-mile trip. Not something romantic. Not even a portable fan. Instead a foam cushion that looked like a Whoopie cushion (about that size, but thicker) with a 'yellow 70s smiley face on it with a tear or two coming out of one eye. Clearly Antonio went all out at Five Below or a street vendor. "So you cry from happy, not sad."

I can't remember whether it prompted a fresh round of tears. I think she tried to be polite but was actually--insert operative word for both of them--DUMBfounded. I've had more than my share in four decades of dopey presents from dopey guys but I think this one puts them to shame. 

Edited by Tuneful · Reason: "No fight, only l-o-o-o-ve"
  • Like 11

2 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

<snip>

I'm ashamed to admit this tidbit but I had last week's epi on in the background last night. One of the bonus scenes was when 'Tonio gave Cor-nee a geeeft. "You NEED this, Cor-nee." He hands her this wrapped package, and she's all excited. She opens it up and if you all could only have seen the expression on her face. Not a memento of  3000-mile trip. Not anything romantic. Not a portable fan. Instead a foam cushion that looked like a Whoopie cushion (about that size, but thicker) with a 'yellow 70s smiley face on it with a tear or two coming out of one eye. Clearly he went all out with Five Below or a street vendor. 

"So you cry from happy, not sad." I can't remember whether that prompted a fresh round of tears. I think she tried to be polite but was actually--the operative word for both of them--DUMBfounded. I've had more than my share in four decades of dopey presents from guys but I think this may blow them away. 

I didn't see the "bonus" episode, but from your description, Tuneful, that sounds like an emoji pillow.  At least it wasn't a smiling poo.

Edited by Kath94
  • Like 13

34 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

I didn't see the "bonus" episode, but from your description, Tuneful, that sounds like an emoji pillow.  At least it wasn't a smiling poo.

Well, you know, Kids These Days, haha. Correction: Over-40 gigolos with no regular job and no home of their own, these days. 

And to answer HappyDancex2 below, my first thought too was, an Appreciation Pillow! 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 11

11 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

I've had the sense from Day 1 that Cor-nee should be visiting a therapist, not Malaga. Being a Disney Princess must be a lot of pressure. Otherwise, when not freeloading around the world (which she makes sound glamorous but must be lonely and weird) she lives with her parents and maybe lacks purpose, a community, and roots, at least since they came to FL.

Our community is HERE for you, Corts.

I'm ashamed to admit this tidbit but I had last week's epi on in the background last night. One of the bonus scenes was when 'Tonio gave Cor-nee a geeeft. "You NEED this, Cor-nee." He hands her this wrapped package, and she's all excited. She opens it up and if you all could only have seen the expression on her face. Not a memento of  3000-mile trip. Not something romantic. Not even a portable fan. Instead a foam cushion that looked like a Whoopie cushion (about that size, but thicker) with a 'yellow 70s smiley face on it with a tear or two coming out of one eye. Clearly Antonio went all out at Five Below or a street vendor. "So you cry from happy, not sad."

I can't remember whether it prompted a fresh round of tears. I think she tried to be polite but was actually--insert operative word for both of them--DUMBfounded. I've had more than my share in four decades of dopey presents from dopey guys but I think this one puts them to shame. 

Man that is so.....sad.  A level below an appreciation ring.  Sheesh I've gotten more meaningful gifts from secret santa gift exchange at work.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

• Like 9

Did anyone else notice when Sean and Abby were sitting on the couch in her hotel room (was that a hotel room?) how uncomfortable she looked? She looked so stiff. I kept thinking, "light as a feather, stiff as a board, light as a feather, stiff as a board." 

Dear Court,

He ghosted you at the airport, he ghosted you while you were AT his apartment, he ghosted you as you were leaving. Chances are, you are history.

Love,

Every person in history who has ever has someone not that into them (including me, circa 1991)

• Like 9

Abby is scary.

If that imbecile asks her to marry him, her pay back will be living in nowheres-ville Ohio.

These loser men should just face facts about themselves, stay home and hire a prostitute.   

Oh, I forgot these losers want to pretend some young beautiful women actually are attracted to them.

I think Abby is brilliant. Think about it, Horribly poor girl, little resources, probably minimal or poor education. She figures out to target older American men(who better), obtains thousands of dollars worth of clothing  FOR FREE(unless it requires a sex trade off which I'm sure it does with Chris), makes more money from one load of clothes than she can probably make in 6 months working. I'm betting there are a few more guys who bring her things that we don't see.  Desperation is the mother of genius. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, grammaester said:

Desperation is the mother of genius. 

I agree.  Abby may found a retail clothing empire, if given half a chance.  

I'd like to know where her dates get the clothes. Wouldn't it cost them something to go to Goodwill and other thrift shops? (I trust they're not robbing Planet Aid donation boxes.) Then they have to get it to Haiti.  Not to mention dealing with the attitudes of Customs when they find 500 pairs of women's panties in a guy's luggage. Save the hassle and give her those funds directly in some way, investing in school, a start-up, gift card, etc. 

• Like 2

don' understand how Sean is calling this clothes thing a business. Even if he is getting the clothing really really cheap, on clearance, or overruns, it has to be sold very cheap in Haiti. No one in Haiti has any money. It's not like you can buy clothing in the US, sell it to Haitians and make a profit. Of course Abby is making a profit because she isn't paying for the clothes. She is paying with sex. She is doing the same with Chris. When Sean asked "What can Chris do that we can't do just as well the two of us?" well the answer is MORE INVENTORY=MORE MONEY for her family. Why is she going to turn down inventory? The more she has, the more she can make.

This is a good business Abby has. The more American men she can get to bring her inventory, the better she makes out for herself and her family.  It would be stupid to cut Chris off.

We have a store in Ohio called Marcs and a few other seriously discounted stores. You can buy underwear, bras, even hoodies, tshirts for less than a dollar at times. You can also go to garage sales and buy stuff like that for a dime.  Obviously Chris is getting sex for his contributions and Sean knows this in his heart, Chris isn't flying to Haiti, bringing clothes out of the goodness of his stone cold heart. Actually when I see Chris on screen, he reminds me of the movie Hostel. Something about the smile is like the some of the guys who were killing the kids for kicks. It's that "I can do what I want, whenever I want, to whomever I want and noone can stop me" kind of look. Completely scares me.

• Like 3

Confession and unpopular opinion: I think Pole and Kreenee are kind of adorable. I think they actually got close during his stay in Brazil. And despite his neurotic loony nuttery (and restraining order/arson criminal past) I find him a little bit endearing. Kreenee remains the most normal and genuine person of this crop.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, grammaester said:

Abby is scary.

If that imbecile asks her to marry him, her pay back will be living in nowheres-ville Ohio.

These loser men should just face facts about themselves, stay home and hire a prostitute.   

Oh, I forgot these losers want to pretend some young beautiful women actually are attracted to them.

I think Abby is brilliant. Think about it, Horribly poor girl, little resources, probably minimal or poor education. She figures out to target older American men(who better), obtains thousands of dollars worth of clothing  FOR FREE(unless it requires a sex trade off which I'm sure it does with Chris), makes more money from one load of clothes than she can probably make in 6 months working. I'm betting there are a few more guys who bring her things that we don't see.  Desperation is the mother of genius. 

These guys are so low on the loser scale they can't get/afford prostitutes. 

• Like 1

OMG! Every time I see him on screen, that is exactly what I think. In fact, I even sing "I am sixteen going on seventeen" in my head because he reminds me of Rolf from The Sound Of Music, lol.

ETA: Not sure, but the above pic may be one of the Von Trapp kids and not Rolf, but they look similar enough. :-)

Hysterical, yes, the pic is a Vontrapp from the movie and it's not Rolf(who was the telegram boy. I think it's Friedrich.  I disagree with alot of posters though. I think he seems overcontrolling because he is way over earnest and type A. He wants to do everything perfectly and not make mistakes. Seems like he takes very very seriously learning from your past and ohers mistakes. He seems to me like a really good guy. Honest, hardworking. I think if Darcey would have told him no to the no drinking request and talked with him about it, he would still have had a relationship with her. 

1 hour ago, Sprockets said:
2 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I stopped all of that over a decade ago. She had to do everything while he watched - there was no room in that rabbit hutch they rented.  

All that work for nothing since she cried it all off when they said goodbye at the taxi. In fact, at their last kiss when Antonio looked like he was also wiping away rears, I wondered if he was really trying to clean up all the wet, smeary crap that had transferred onto his face. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Drogo said:

What got me was when she said something about crying in the middle of the night; she then "clarified" and said something like, "I woke up at 5 am last night."  So wouldn't that be THIS MORNING?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Emkat said:

Sean is an absolute fool. I have secondhand embarrassment for him.

Same except... for all of them.  I feel like this franchise has run it's course in terms of "actual" couples, but where else would we get such a first-hand look at such star spangled examples of American Brilliance? 

• Like 2

When it comes to parents passing along weirdness to their children, Pole is the hair apparent.   But I wonder, when Karine glanced as the accumulation of split ends in her hand, she said "This isn't going to last."   Was she being literal or figurative?

Best line of the show: "You can see a big rock."  (The majesty of "Look at that goat" remains unchallenged, though).

Pole whimsically demonstrates the advantages of proposing to a non-English-speaking woman: you can refer to her as your "ball and chain" while proposing and still get the girl. 

I never knew Jesse's last name until the coat.   Mister Meester.   Love it.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, millennium said:

When it comes to parents passing along weirdness to their children, Pole is the hair apparent.  

I never knew Jesse's last name until the coat.   Mister Meester.   Love it.

I see what you did there!!!  Brilliant!

And Darcey is hoping to be Missus Meester.  LOL.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

And Darcey is hoping to be Missus Meester.  LOL.

Whereas he is currently Master Meester, Mister Meester and Meister Meester.  AKA Douchebag von Controlfreak.  

• Like 7

Abby and Jenny have dead fish eyes.  No emotion whatsoever when they say "I love you."  Not happy not sad....just accepting their fate.  I dont understand how Paul/Kareeny's relationship can work.  They dont speak each other's language..not even a little bit.    It's bizarre.  

Is Corny employed?

• Like 1

Did my ears deceive me, or did Pole make some kind of strange comment about "a ball and chain?"  Something about proposing inside a chain?  Gee, that's romantic.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

Did my ears deceive me, or did Pole make some kind of strange comment about "a ball and chain?"  Something about proposing inside a chain?  Gee, that's romantic.

He prattled on about having proposed inside a ball and chain and about the irony of that situation.  I'm not sure that even the bellman at the hotel (who took 3 years to learn to speak English) would understand the word and/or concept of irony.  Ironic, huh?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tuneful said:

I'd like to know where her dates get the clothes. Wouldn't it cost them something to go to Goodwill and other thrift shops? (I trust they're not robbing Planet Aid donation boxes.) Then they have to get it to Haiti.  Not to mention dealing with the attitudes of Customs when they find 500 pairs of women's panties in a guy's luggage. Save the hassle and give her those funds directly in some way, investing in school, a start-up, gift card, etc. 

That would be a reasonable approach to charitable giving.  The problem I see with conventional protocols is that there is very little normalcy in the country itself (Haiti). 

Sean's whole motive for giving anything at all is to snag Abby, not show her what an altruistic guy he is through donating to her Haitian countrymen.  Maybe the gift card idea would have some appeal, though, as long as it was going directly to Abby.

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sprockets said:

Whereas he is currently Master Meester, Mister Meester and Meister Meester.  AKA Douchebag von Controlfreak.  

Or the Burgerneister Meisterburger?  Or the Snaggletoothed Snellygoster?

• Like 5

On 10/30/2017 at 8:17 AM, magemaud said:

Exactly, and it's a beautiful thing

Exactly! I don't really like to make fun of the way people look, what they were born with. I could be just 1 car accident or 1 bad illness(like a stroke) away from looking that way myself. I don't like to tempt karma.

• Like 7

On 10/30/2017 at 11:39 AM, Bellalisa said:

I don' understand how Sean is calling this clothes thing a business. Even if he is getting the clothing really really cheap, on clearance, or overruns, it has to be sold very cheap in Haiti. No one in Haiti has any money. It's not like you can buy clothing in the US, sell it to Haitians and make a profit. Of course Abby is making a profit because she isn't paying for the clothes. She is paying with sex. She is doing the same with Chris. When Sean asked "What can Chris do that we can't do just as well the two of us?" well the answer is MORE INVENTORY=MORE MONEY for her family. Why is she going to turn down inventory? The more she has, the more she can make.

This is a good business Abby has. The more American men she can get to bring her inventory, the better she makes out for herself and her family.  It would be stupid to cut Chris off.

Let's also consider that Abby may not be selling the clothes in Haiti. She may be selling them to her hooker friends in the Dominican Republic. Did anyone notice the trashy stripper shoe she pulled out of the bag?  Hookers in third world countries who service white sex tourists have more money than the average person and a tendency to spend a lot of their discretionary income on clothes and makeup and drugs.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2017 at 11:41 PM, bravofan27 said:

Darcy actually seems pretty sweet. She put up with a lot while she was there. She wants to look cute and pretty, which isn't unheard of. Her style is a little different than mine, but she does put in a lot effort. For that I give her kuddos, as even when my husband and I first started dating, I only dressed up once (I even wore heels) for his birthday. Because I'm lazy and don't care how I look, which is pretty pathetic. Thank god my husband liked my eyes. She just really really wants the relationship to work and is incredibly lonely. Her kids are getting older, her ex is way gone, and she needs a purpose. She poured her heart out as well, and that takes guts. I hope she finds true love. 

While I get your point, I think Darcey is confused about her identity. She says she's "very independent," which I am sure she is- she has a business and is raising her girls- but the submissiveness she shows towards Jesse along with the babyish voice and squealing, the "awwww, Babe!" which she utters time and time again, and the Forever 21 dress code she's subscribed to all scream insecurity and dependence on approval from others.  Jesse, at this point, is becoming scary- he manipulates her and controls her and after berating her he then comforts her.  I keep thinking of the movie "Gaslight."

• Like 6

1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

the submissiveness she shows towards Jesse along with the babyish voice and squealing, the "awwww, Babe!" which she utters time and time again, and the Forever 21 dress code she's subscribed to all scream insecurity

Those things all scream "I'm a sub."  

Katehearts, your puppy is adorable. I love him/her.

Yes, obviously Darcy is super insecure, and she is acting like a much younger woman, but she's also setting herself up for some massive insecurity by dating a 24 year-old model. She's got to have a LITTLE bit of confidence to go for that and hope it works. I'd take one look at Jesse and wouldn't even try to get him-- even though he's super flawed and not the best looking guy in the world, he's certainly out of my league. So it goes both ways, she has the confidence to go for him, but she also brings up all the realities of her true age which make her insecure. Still, she's not moping about it. She's determined to make it happen. I'm just trying to find the positive spin in this, because I don't think Darcy gets the credit she deserves (she certainly is not lacking for criticism.)

• Like 2

On 10/30/2017 at 2:51 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Hummm could this be donated clothing that Sean is bringing to Abby to sell? 

donated thong underwear? <shudder>

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Thong underwear? <shudder> AKA butt floss. I ain't ever going there. Coverage, baby. 

• Like 4

On 11/3/2017 at 7:15 AM, Sprockets said:

Those things all scream "I'm a sub."  

She did not chose her master very wisely. He is so boring. That would explain why he is interested in some so much older and rough looking. Not everyone is into the kink. 

• Like 1

On 03/11/2017 at 3:13 AM, KateHearts said:

She wants to look cute

I don't think women of a certain age look cute. Classy,refined and age appropriate should be what she strives for.

18 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Value Village! Major Thrift Store up her sells undies and they may or may not be used. 

I just started getting itchy and threw up in my mouth a little bit 

41 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

Value Village! Major Thrift Store up her sells undies and they may or may not be used. 

I just started getting itchy and threw up in my mouth a little bit 

Ick!  I need a shower, NOW!