Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

S01.E13: All or Nothing

Karine has a big decision ahead of her; Larry has an important question for Jenny; Cortney worries about the future as she leaves Spain; Darcey and Jesse share an emotional good-bye; Sean returns to Haiti to see if Abby has kept her promise.

• Like 1

It's sad that Karine is crying for that putz. Makes me wonder how bad her situation is that she's willing to marrying it to get out of Brazil.

Paul taking a play out of momma's book with the hair. gross.

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Is it just me or are Karin and Jenny  's rings the same? Bought by TLC?

I noticed that.  Odd.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Makes me wonder how bad her situation is that she's willing to marrying it to get out of Brazil.

Oh, she needs to say yes to him to get the hell out.  I think she can eventually do all right for herself, but she does need to get out of her current situation.  

• Like 5

Neither Karine nor Jenny seemed thrilled with the marriage proposals that they received. Whether they like it or not, the two dudes are their ticket out. It must be bad there. Don’t recall if Jenny has ever called Larry anything but ‘love’.

Sean, you are facing sharing Abby with Chris.

Antonio, you finally have your home back! Cortney, sometimes people do come back. You had a nice time/fling with a European dude and it will take up a small display in the museum of your loves.

Jesse is smart to not be pressured in to marriage at 24.

Edited by Frozendiva · Reason: iPad autocorrect
  • Like 19

Just now, puppytoes said:

Good grief but every couple is a train wreck!

About halfway through Mr. Sprockets said "I thought you liked this show."  I said I do, but he pointed out I was sitting there saying "oh no, oh no" over and over. . . .

• Like 19

Gotta Love Antonio’s response when Cortney asked him if he ever stresses out or (“like”) thinks/worries about the future: “I think about nothing.” Yup! 

Paul and the hair.....Oy! Even Karine was like “.....da fuck?!” 

Darcey....oh, honey.....sigh. 

Edited by Liamsmom617
  • Like 23

2 minutes ago, Standard Staples said:

A true romantic, that Pole.

Didnt he prove that by writing "marry me" in a language Karine doesn,t understand inside a chain someone else had left in the sand?  

• Like 15

1 minute ago, Standard Staples said:

Karine saying 'No" followed by the actual 'Yes'

That hurt.  I thought she actually heard me screaming at her and then she let me down.  

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Didnt he prove that by writing "marry me" in a language Karine doesn,t understand inside a chain someone else had left in the sand?  

He didn't even move it himself. He had the poor concierge slinging that old rust bucket around.

"Hey, that nasty old chain kind of looks like a heart. This is where we start our life together."

• Like 11

1 minute ago, HappyDancex2 said:

It's sad to think that Karine's worst fear is that it was all a ruse and he won't come back

She needs to get the hell out of there.  I totally get it.  And now that she has his hair she can make sure he returns by making a little doll out of it.  She can lie to the doll, hide her criminal past and betray its trust, over and over. . . .

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

omiGah...

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Mercolleen said:

Abby's eyes are starting to look like Jenny's.

I feel she is hiding something but hates to be hiding it.  I don't think the "business" she has with Chris has anything to do with clothes.  She seems terrified and trapped.  

• Like 12

If your love interest can’t be bothered to take you to the airport for a tearful good-bye, then that really tells you all you need to know about your status. I’m looking  at you Patrick and Corny. Time to get the check and move on.

• Like 24

6 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Hey Corny....watching you has felt like 2 years for us too girl.

Seriously.  Wake me up when it's over.  

• Like 5

I love that the editors showed how conflicted Corny was about her deep love for Antonio, the status of their relationship etc. and the endless crying for him.   And Antonio and the viewing audience sees a dude who doesn't give 2 fux, didn't take her to the airport again (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA) and is like Bye Corny.

• Like 23

6 minutes ago, Standard Staples said:

Karine saying 'No" followed by the actual 'Yes' was like seeing your team swish the winning shot with 3 seconds left, only to have their opponent throw the full court bucket for the W as time expires.

Your team must play in the West.  :)

• Like 2

I would’ve thought that the guys would get less awkward the more time they spend with these girls. But Larry and Paul are just as awkward and weird on their last day as they were on their first day. I feel so badly for these girls who are so desperate for a new life that they’re willing to attach themselves to these sketchy losers. 

• Like 12

This show is the best!! Both guys and Myriam looked so relieved  to get their "guests" out of the country.  Loved Jesse's crocodile tears as he practically pushed her and her huge luggage cart toward the exit and she couldn't stop staring back at him.   If this is all just for screen time for their products, she is a much better actress. I'm not psychologist but if Abby's expressions and eyes rolling didn't tell us everything we need to know about how she feels about Sean.  She is one great business woman though; she must have enough stock to have her own Nordstrom's Rack in Haiti. I have to say, Karine must really be desperate to get out of Brazil. She's already expressed reservations about trusting Paul and that hair and all his bizarre behavior must be a clue.  Not one f these couples look likely to make it through the 90 days in the U.S.

• Like 9

I don' understand how Sean is calling this clothes thing a business. Even if he is getting the clothing really really cheap, on clearance, or overruns, it has to be sold very cheap in Haiti. No one in Haiti has any money. It's not like you can buy clothing in the US, sell it to Haitians and make a profit. Of course Abby is making a profit because she isn't paying for the clothes. She is paying with sex. She is doing the same with Chris. When Sean asked "What can Chris do that we can't do just as well the two of us?" well the answer is MORE INVENTORY=MORE MONEY for her family. Why is she going to turn down inventory? The more she has, the more she can make.

This is a good business Abby has. The more American men she can get to bring her inventory, the better she makes out for herself and her family.  It would be stupid to cut Chris off.

• Like 22

For gods sake Paul! If you want her to have a lock of your hair then cut a piece off and wrap it in something! Don’t just start pulling out strands and handing them to her one by one. Karine was (understandably) totally weirded out. 

• Like 23

Antonio’s body language said it all.  He couldn’t wait for Complainy aka Cortney to be gone.   It was painful to watch!

• Like 17

On one hand, these are people that have to go to the poor parts of poor countries to meet attractive women that will sleep with them. So they aren't the cream of the crop. However, these social/romance skills are just SO BAD. I'm talking Paul and Larry. These poor women must just have no options whats so ever. I personally think Jenny is gorgeous, and will soon be on to bigger and better once they marry. Karine seems like she will stay married to whoever forever. She's a super good girl.

Jesse is a control freak who models.

Had to love Antonio trying his hardest to shed a tear. First, staring at the ceiling with his eyes wide open trying to get them red and watery, then a few hard blinks to quickly get a tear to fall. A fast wipe of his eye in front of the camera to wipe away nothing. And then kleenex in the car to pretend again to wipe eyes. Then the car goes away and he's walking down the street, totally fine. 

• Like 24

15 minutes ago, Bellalisa said:

When Sean asked "What can Chris do that we can't do just as well the two of us?" well the answer is MORE INVENTORY=MORE MONEY for her family. 

Oh see, I thought you were going to say something sexual. This show has my mind messed up. I'll be turning in to PBS to make myself less shamed (until part 2 of the finale tomorrow). That said, I did notice that Abby, when taking her seat at the restaurant, was wearing one of the purses Sean brought to sell. I don't know how much money she's making if she just uses the merchandise herself.

When Paul offered Karine some of his hair, I screamed a little bit. So. many. red. flags. At least when something happens to her, we've got the creepy backstory on tape.

Other than Cortney/Antonio and Sean/Abby, I thought the goodbyes and endings were kind of sweet in a clearly dysfunctional, I give it one more season type of way. Even Jesse giving his army jacket was kind of nice. And I noticed that Karine's english is actually much better. She even stopped saying Pole but now she says Pa. It was creepy when she kept saying, "I love you Pa" but I'll just pretend she really meant her Dad.

I have to say the parents on this season have been the best ever. Can we get a spin off show with Father Karine, Mother Patrick and Mother Jessie plus Mother Pole? Because I think she's got way more crazy to share.

• Like 10

Abby is scary.

If that imbecile asks her to marry him, her pay back will be living in nowheres-ville Ohio.

These loser men should just face facts about themselves, stay home and hire a prostitute.   

Oh, I forgot these losers want to pretend some young beautiful women actually are attracted to them.

• Like 20

How the hell is Karine supposed to lug all those containers back to her village??  Paul's crying face almost made me change the channel.

• Like 15

45 minutes ago, Bellalisa said:

Oh yeah and what was in the 4 giant chests full of luggage he was leaving in Brazil? Obviously it is not anything that he needs. 

It's his anchor luggage, full of WW2 surplus survival gear and condoms for the penis fish.  

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, Splithair said:

How the hell is Karine supposed to lug all those containers back to her village??  Paul's crying face almost made me change the channel.

He was just too lazy to lug them back to the United States - but claiming that he was leaving them there as a sign that he would be back was his cover story.  I hope she just leave them there at the hotel or throws them into a poop filled river. 

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Splithair said:

She doesn't have to take it anywhere.  The HAZMAT team cleared the room out as soon as the camera crew left.  

• Like 10

1 minute ago, balisticnikki said:

Can someone explain how the season finale is going to air? Did i already miss part of it? Thnx

It seems like tonight was part 1 of it and then tomorrow night (Monday) will be a two hour reunion finale as part 2.  That’s how I understood it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Abby is scary.

If that imbecile asks her to marry him, her pay back will be living in nowheres-ville Ohio.

These loser men should just face facts about themselves, stay home and hire a prostitute.   

Oh, I forgot these losers want to pretend some young beautiful women actually are attracted to them.

Is Chris some kind of svengali?? Wth? Why can't she even pretend to break free of him? And did she essentially admit that up until the confrontation 4 weeks earlier, she and Chris had been smashing? 

38 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Antonio’s body language said it all.  He couldn’t wait for Complainy aka Cortney to be gone.   It was painful to watch!

But yet, he was crying.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Springfield, right?  It's no paradise, but it's easily a billion times better than where Abby lives now.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, greekmom said:

It's sad that Karine is crying for that putz. Makes me wonder how bad her situation is that she's willing to marrying it to get out of Brazil.

Unfortunately, I doubt she has any idea what a putz that dude is. Possibly a putz in her village is shunned. Pole gets a putz pass because he is American. Once she gets here, she will have something to compare him to and then the light bulb will go on.

• Like 12

Did Sean ever come to the realization that Chris and Abby were sharing a case of scabies because of all of their skin to skin contact???  It seems like the look on his face when that dawned on him would’ve made pretty good TV —especially if he started itching at about the same time. But I don’t recall him connecting the very obvious dots in any of the episodes.  

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Unfortunately, I doubt she has any idea what a putz that dude is. Possibly a putz in her village is shunned. Pole gets a putz pass because he is American. Once she gets here, she will have something to compare him to and then the light bulb will go on.

Seems to me she knows exactly what her Pole issues are, and has made the rational decision to do whatever it takes to get out of Amazon/Dodge.  She seems like a shrewd cookie.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

The term ‘putz pass’ is the most  hilarious thing I’ve ever read on this board! Love it!

• Like 6