Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: I Want To Be President

• Start Topic

I'm very happy for Jen that she has the intelligence and drive to achieve so much professionally. It had to be a difficult life for her as a little girl and growing up in high school. She is quite well adjusted and seems like a nice person. I'm happy that she can enjoy the rewards of being a physician, have a comfortable, beautiful home and has a great attitude. I'm sure it wasn't easy for her getting there. All the best to Jen.

• Love 7

In the early years of the series, I didn't care for Jen. She seemed very spoiled to me. I preferred Bill and felt like Bill always backed down and gave in to what she wanted. As the years have progressed, I have started preferring Jen. At this point, Bill just appears to be dead weight to me. I don't think that he brings much to the table. He doesn't bring in much money (by their standards). I think that Jen's father started the pet store to give him something to do. He's not a good child rearing partner (he's the main problem, IMO), and I believe that he's the one who wants to do the show, which isn't good for any of them. Jen's personality annoys me at times, but if they had to depend on Bill, I think that they would be in very bad shape. That little lady is carrying her family on her back alone, in my opinion.

Edited by Libby
  • Love 8

Libby:

“In the early years of the series, I didn't care for Jen. She seemed very spoiled to me. I preferred Bill and felt like Bill always backed down and gave in to what she wanted. As the years have progressed, I have started preferring Jen. At this point, Bill just appears to be dead weight to me. I don't think that he brings much to the table. He doesn't bring in much money (by their standards). I think that Jen's father started the pet store to give him something to do. He's not a good child rearing partner (he's the main problem, IMO), and I believe that he's the one who wants to do the show, which isn't good for any of them. Jen's personality annoys me at times, but if they had to depend on Bill, I think that they would be in very bad shape. That little lady is carrying her family on her back alone, in my opinion.”

Oh, I totally agree 100%!

• Love 8

I forecast a change in their relationship at some point.  Something seems fishy this season and it could be the fact TLC is mixing episodes from a year ago to now.  Bill and Jen are no longer (or rarely) doingTHs together, Bill is not talking up his “wife” to the degree he was before.....Dave and Judy’s move and the fact they are not in the kids daily lives anymore for backup.....why didn’t the brothers stay at the mansion......something is not right, just a feeling folks!!  LOL

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 8
46 minutes ago, Libby said:

In the early years of the series, I didn't care for Jen. She seemed very spoiled to me. I preferred Bill and felt like Bill always backed down and gave in to what she wanted. As the years have progressed, I have started preferring Jen. At this point, Bill just appears to be dead weight to me. I don't think that he brings much to the table. He doesn't bring in much money (by their standards). I think that Jen's father started the pet store to give him something to do. He's not a good child rearing partner (he's the main problem, IMO), and I believe that he's the one who wants to do the show, which isn't good for any of them. Jen's personality annoys me at times, but if they had to depend on Bill, I think that they would be in very bad shape. That little lady is carrying her family on her back alone, in my opinion.

I felt the exact same, until I started watching more closely and realized Jen had to step up and be the Alpha Dog, because if she didn't, nothing would get done. I don't think Bill is a bad person by any means, but he comes across like a guy still stuck in his college days, whereas Jen is a functioning adult. 

A perfect example was when Bill and Will were in the lobby of the Scotland hotel and Will was sucking his thumb. Bill says "I'm not supposed to be letting you do that" and continues to let him do it anyways. So any corrections Jen has given on the issue have just been wiped out by Bill not wanting to be the bad guy. It's the little things like that where I could see them having issues in their marriage not too far down the road.

• Love 14

Something seems fishy this season and it could be the fact TLC is mixing episodes from a year ago to now.  

The only reason they are mixing old episodes with new is because of the lawsuit between TLC and the production company. Who acts like what with who is open to opinon, but there's nothing nefarious about the episodes being somewhat older and out of order (there's also the hurricane situation which led to episodes airing out of order)

Personally I wouldn't be shocked if their relationship has some strain - they've moved, they have young kids with health issues, any couple would be getting cranky.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't think Bill is a bad person by any means, but he comes across like a guy still stuck in his college days, whereas Jen is a functioning adult. 

I agree. He is a good old boy, but how long are Jen and her family supposed to carry him?

Jen said that he makes her feel pretty and that's what's important. She is paying a big price for someone to make her feel pretty.

She has 3 kids instead of 2 and he undermines anything that she tries to do in raising her children properly.

• Love 13

In this post failed ERA amendment world.... it is supposed to be OK for a man to stay home  and the female to go to work if they both want that.   If Bill and Jen want that, then more power to them. Jen certainly makes enough money for it to work.  Bill seems to have some sort of an income and is able to get the kids to appointments and events.     Calling him dead weight is demeaning to  stay at home parents of either gender. 

Also, Jen has known Bill since they were 10. She knows his personality.  They are a good balance.  

• Love 14

I wouldn't call any spouse "dead weight" unless I knew not just their financial situation, but their personal one, too. They seem very well-suited to each other. I don't think Jen works so hard because they need the money, but she seems to be an ambitious and high-energy person. There is so much more to any relationship than we can see - but I think they complement each other nicely.

• Love 10
On October 17, 2017 at 11:21 PM, viewer said:

Will, Zoey and Bill are out of control.   I felt sorry for Bills mom.    She was the only one that acted like a normal person. 

Bill's mom is ignored and, Bill IMO ignores her as well! Why didn't he help her, with her luggage when she arrived at the hotel? That to me was, messed up!

On October 18, 2017 at 9:37 AM, Bellalisa said:

eh, they ruined Zoe's birthday party. She was right STOP! It's not funny! Wash Your Hands!

I think she screamed when the icing was put on her face because she already seemed to be getting in a bad mood right before it happened and she didn't want to be a part of it.  My cousin was also a big neatnik as a kid - and she is not aspergers.  Everyone is different but she was already fed up and didn't want to be a part of the food fight and possibly she thought the icing was he beginning of more of it. I have never once in my life been in a food fight. I find throwing food NOT funny, not amusing, stupid. I hate when they smear cake at weddings. I am by no means a neat nick myself. 

She was upset way before the icing was put on her face and, she had a right to be! Will got that whole thing started and, the adults should have stopped him, instead of joining in. They ruined her birthday party but, Will's wasn't ruined!

• Love 1
On October 18, 2017 at 10:34 AM, bichonblitz said:

Maybe that's why she moved back to Florida. Who moves away from their grand kids after they just moved there a short while ago, bought a house and everything, unless they want some space away from them.  

I always thought he was smoking pot or still on painkillers for his back issues because he is so laid back about everything. Nothing is ever a big deal with him. Let's just have fun, ya'll...!!

That cupcake fiasco really pissed me off. Jen would never have allowed that in her own home as much as a control freak as she is. That is somebody else's business, have some respect!! Go do that outside in your own backyard so it's easier to clean up. I don't blame little Zoey for being mad. It was her party, her birthday and the day should have been about her. Instead, once again, it's all about Will. These two are going to butt heads when they get older, guaranteed ! Bill is so annoying this season. 

p.s. the cupcake girls are sisters and had their own reality show a few years ago. I really liked it. They are super sweet people and their mom used to help them out in the bakery.

It's always about Will, with them! 

On October 18, 2017 at 7:22 PM, Snow8585 said:

If there was a half wall than how did Bill's dad walk over in view of the camera and then Zoey yelled for him to go away.  Jen and probably everyone else in that small store knew and heard exactly what was going on and yes Jen should have told them to stop.  Instead she let her daughter scream and scream and carry on and cry. And let the boys make a mess in the shop. Disgraceful.

I couldn't agree with you more! Zoey saw the entire thing and, that's why she was screaming and crying, for them to Stop!

• Love 1
On October 18, 2017 at 10:19 PM, Kohola3 said:

Yes.  And then the Bill's dad and stepmom rolled in.  No idea how soon after Bill's mom as this is all edited but it showed as if it were just minutes apart.  So Bill's mom got pushed aside.  And since she apparently doesn't see the kids that often and the dad/stepmom got to go to England, it looked like the kids barely recognized her.

Zoey recognized her but, Will didn't!