Type keyword(s) to search

Top Chef Junior - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 10/7/2018 at 1:37 AM, biakbiak said:

They didn't adopt from the same family they married within the same family as adults. Lindsay’s mother’s adoptive parents and her father’s biological parents  are the same people so she only has one set of grandparents. 

Don't people get adopted by their grandparents pretty frequently when their parents either die or are incapable of raising them for some other reason? How does this relate to her and Curtis Stone?

11 minutes ago, sioux21 said:

Don't people get adopted by their grandparents pretty frequently when their parents either die or are incapable of raising them for some other reason? How does this relate to her and Curtis Stone?

Grandparents taking their grandchildren in isn’t unusual but that isn’t the case here. Lindsay only has one set of grandparents because her father was their biological child and her mother was his adopted sister which is unusual. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

The better chef won

I refuse to call them chefs.  They're kids who like to cook.

Did Curtis give Londyn a tip on cutting the nectarines?

Speaking of Curtis when describing the short ribs.  "Unctuous" is not a compliment.

2a : fatty, oily. b : smooth and greasy in texture or appearance. 

Good for Nikki, she deserved it.

Graham, look in the mirror.    That is all.

• Love 4

It was nice to see Owen and Rahana.  :D

Owen and Henry opening up a pop-up!  Hope there is some press on this. Lol ... I’m very curious to see if it’s all young kids or if they have adults for supporting staff.  The kids seem to be much more direct as kids can be ... adults may take some pressure off of them but may act like they know better and it might not be the way Owen/Henry want things.  Probably poorly worded there but I hope you know what I mean.

Glad there was no mention of the lack of peaches on Londyn’s first course. 

What was running down Emeril’s chin if there wasn’t enough broth in Nikki’s first course?  Speaking of the broth ... was it simply a matter of too much meat or what?

We got our answer!!!!  Londyn’s bows are really Londyn’s. Giggled when the picture of Londyn and her grandfather was shown and Londyn had a bow.  :D  Quite a handsome/beautiful family. 

Any other week the bickering would probably have been laughed about. Noah truly was working hard for Nikki and wanted to be instrumental in her success.  Same way with Olivia.  Loved Nikki’s line about she would love to work with them again.  Separately.  

Props to the show for including Tiffany talking to Londyn after the decision was announced.  

Congratulations to Nikki and all the cheftestants.  

Hope we get a Season 3.  And though I hate when the shows bring back former cheftestants I think in a year or two I’d love to see some of these kids come back to show us again what they’ve got. :D

• Love 1

I call the kids chefs too or cheftestants  .... or kids.  Because they are. 

I’m amazed at what they can do at their tender ages.  

I wasn’t as vested with this season. Maybe hurting each time for the kid that got eliminated last season stopped me from doing so. I don’t know.  

• Love 1

What's the expression...if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, then it is a duck?  I don't see how the kids couldn't be considered chefs.  Neither age nor schooling is required for the title.  Desire and work seem to be the only requisites and these kids have both.

• Love 1

How much money do they win on The Regular Show? I think the prize money and the prizes should have been equal to what's on regular top Top Chef. Typically the years that I've watched  whoever won the elimination challenge also won some kind of prize. They didn't seem to give prizes for every Elimination Challenge, and $50,000 will barely covered culinary tuition at one of the top schools.

It's not as if the challenges they have were not difficult

1 hour ago, catrice2 said:

How much money do they win on The Regular Show? I think the prize money and the prizes should have been equal to what's on regular top Top Chef. Typically the years that I've watched  whoever won the elimination challenge also won some kind of prize. They didn't seem to give prizes for every Elimination Challenge, and $50,000 will barely covered culinary tuition at one of the top schools.

It's not as if the challenges they have were not difficult

$125k, a feature in Food and Wine and at their annual festival. I forget if they still get kitchen equipment but even when they did they weren’t commercial grade. Prizes for challenges vary by challenge and season.

10 hours ago, catrice2 said:

$50,000 will barely covered culinary tuition at one of the top schools.

OTOH, they're kids, so they have time to invest that $50K and earn interest before they'll have to pay tuition.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, plurie said:

OTOH, they're kids, so they have time to invest that $50K and earn interest before they'll have to pay tuition.

And scholarships available I am sure.  Plus the experience and knowledge obtained during their boot camp.  Personally I’d like to know more about their boot camp

• Love 1