Type keyword(s) to search

Top Chef Junior - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Sad to see Kenzie go home but you have to cook the chicken thoroughly or you will go home. Kind of sucks for her that it was on a BBQ challenge. I think Mylo and Rahanna will make the finals. So nice to see Mylo's tribute to Fuller, he seems like s good kid. Not sure if I want to laugh or cry when listening to Henry and love how excited he is to meet Emeril next week.

There are actually five still in it--Milo, Henry, Owen, Rahanna, and Jasmine.

I felt so bad for Milo this episode.  I thought his curry chicken sounded so good and looked so good!  Too bad it was too spicy!  And that cookie looked just awful.  Even though I felt certain this would be a save week, I nearly teared up with everyone else when he was safe!

I'm not sure who I would pick for the win at this point.  I agree with Owen, you are only as good as your last dish.  All of them have made amazing dishes and all of them have stumbled.  Milo seems to be the most consistent overall, I guess, with Rahanna close behind.  I find Henry kind of adorable and would be super happy if he won!  Jasmine and Owen have had good moments, but I don't see them winning unless they really kill it here at the end.  It really does seem to be anyone's game at this point.

Again, this is an amazingly talented group of kids!  I love seeing them knock the socks off the professional chefs!

• Love 3

I really like this group of kids.  Eliminated ones too.  They are so supportive of each other and seem to be handling the pressures better than most adults.  I guess we will see next week with restaurant wars.  Wonder how they are going to work it with two teams and five kids.  

I know it’s still a competition but part of me hopes that an eliminated chef gets to come back to round out the teams. 

• Love 1

I don't see another episode due to record until NYD, and there's no episode description aside from the show's general description. Two more episodes show up on the 4th and 5th, both during primetime.

I'm on Comcast.

Edited by Sew Sumi

I'm hoping they're saving the finale episode until after the new year.  If they're doing that, it does seem a little reckless to schedule a hiatus for a show that must not be pulling in big rating numbers.  I had a hard enough time remembering to look for it on Fridays on an obscure kids' channel. 

I suppose there's a possibility that Bravo pulled it and plans to show the series on the 'parent' network first.  

In googling to see of there was an announcement I learned that its already been renewed for season 2.

25 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

Fridays on an obscure kids' channel. 

Yeah Comcast is doing some rearranging so my Tivo deleted one of the two Ukids channels and initially i assumed that is why it didnt record thinking I no longer get the network.

I don't see any re-arranging on my Comcast. Still shows recordings scheduled for 1/1, 1/4, and 1/5, but doesn't offer any descriptions. It seems like there would be three episodes left given we still have 5 kids and there are usually two or three in the finale. I suppose they didn't want to air episodes while kids were possibly on vacation for the holidays? 

Just now, Sew Sumi said:

Weird. I still have the channel. On Comcast. 

Is there a non-HD channel that you're trying to access? I have mine set to automatically go to HD, so maybe that's it? 

Comcast channel packages are pretty local.

Interesting. I thought, aside from local programming, that they were pretty standard across the board. 

eta: @biakbiak, I thought you were in the SF Bay Area, based on your other posts. I am as well, so we should ostensibly have similar programming. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Interesting. I thought, aside from local programming, that they were pretty standard across the board. 

eta: @biakbiak, I thought you were in the SF Bay Area, based on your other posts. I am as well, so we should ostensibly have similar programming. 

My friends in the East Bay have different channel packages than I do in SF.

On 12/23/2017 at 8:02 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I am in the South Bay but do not see any evidence of the channel for this show.

• Love 1

I'm kind of bummed that I was able to start watching the season and then Comcast decided to change the lineup and yanked the channel it was on. I thought it was charming and was looking forward to the rest of it.

7 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

I have Comcast and I still have UNiversal Kids.  It's showing that the last episode was on 12/15 and the next new one will be on 1/5.

It depends on location with Comcast. My comcast also dropped the channel or more likely just bundled it with a different group of channels. It's the only show I watch so haven't cared enough to call and see what's up.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

I've been following this thread even though Comcast in my area doesn't have Universal Kids, a channel I'd never heard of before.  I keep wondering why this show wasn't on Bravo like the main show.  I would have liked to watch it.

On 12/31/2017 at 11:32 AM, mlp said:

I've been following this thread even though Comcast in my area doesn't have Universal Kids, a channel I'd never heard of before.  I keep wondering why this show wasn't on Bravo like the main show.  I would have liked to watch it.

Not sure about the rest of the eps but it did play on Bravo at some random time so you might be able to catch it.

• Love 1
On 12/31/2017 at 2:32 PM, mlp said:

Universal Kids used to be Sprout, if you're looking at an older channel listing.  Comcast owns the channel so it'd be curious if they aren't carrying it.

My Comcast just notified me that they are adding the Universal Kids channel BACK, but the only upcoming episode that is airing that I can see is a repeat of the Un-Bee-Lievable episode. I hope we’ll get to see the end of this series at some point!  I’ve already been deprived of the Great American Baking Show ending!

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Violet Penner said:

My Comcast just notified me that they are adding the Universal Kids channel BACK, but the only upcoming episode that is airing that I can see is a repeat of the Un-Bee-Lievable episode. I hope we’ll get to see the end of this series at some point!  I’ve already been deprived of the Great American Baking Show ending!

My Comcast also looks like they may have added it back. They show two episodes tonight, one of which it claimed to have recorded earlier but instead recorded a cartoon. I will hope for the best! I was also feeling repeatedly deprived, first by GABS's cancellation and now by having this show pulled mid-season. Sheesh.

Jasmine has not been a favorite of mine because she's too emotional (kid, I know).

She always struck me as petty - her facial expressions over Rohanna's wins; you could tell when she was upset.

I don't even like Marcel - but when a seasoned chef gives you advice, take it!

Despite this, I would have rather seen Milo go home.

Henry has always been my favorite - lol when he was asking for help with his oysters and they all passed!

• Love 1

I didn’t see this but have it taped for tonight’s showing. 

I think Jasmine got caught up in the competitive side of the show a little bit.   A trap that many adults fall in and they show a side of themselves that is not too pretty.  Far worse than a facial expression here or there  

There was no reason the producers needed to show some of the reactions of these kids.  Give me a break. Give them a break.  

Wish the producers would realize that the story tells itself and there is no reason to add ‘things’.  And, let’s face it ... we have no clue the order in which things happen.  Just that it happened.  Adults should know that, kids maybe not so much.  Let them be kids and reinforce the positives and leave out the other stuff. 

• Love 3

I was impressed by what they turned out for Restaurant Wars. Forage and Create had amazing food presentation skills; they deserved their win. Summer House made some interesting food but they really should have used Marcel. He was definitely trying to be helpful.

• Love 2

What a crock. What a damn crock. Henry was the most sophisticated young chef ever on this show. 

ALL of Rahanna's dish was punky dry from over-cooking. Henry's fish was undercooked, but his sauce was highly praised. That he missed a portion didn't seem to be a factor. 

Milo is a shoo-in now (which is okay by me).

• Love 1

I really like all these kids, so losing one of them every episode is tough.  I am amazed how poised and calm these kids are.  No shrieking or excessive crying like on so many of the FN kid competitions or Master Chef Jr (in fairness, the cheftestants on any of these kiddie competitions are all way more poised, calm, mature, empathetic, reasonable than the “adults”).

I think my final two are Milo and Rihanna, and either one winning is Ok by me.  These kids are all so impressive.

• Love 1

I've been recording and watching these episodes with my kids but have finally caught up.  This show has really improved over time.  The kids that are left are so driven and passionate about cooking.  I'm glad Jasmine is gone- she really took the wrong approach to restaurant wars and having access to Marcel.  He totally telegraphed to her that her dish needed acid but she blew it off- I hope that she understands in retrospect that receiving help is a positive thing and a path towards growth.   

I'm rooting for Rahanna since she's a local girl and an excellent chef.  I love how she is interested in making healthier food- seems pretty unusual for a kid.  Henry was hilarious and will be missed.  

• Love 1