Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Nuke Kids On The Block

While decommissioning an old nuclear missile, a simple accident  causes the team to endure exposure to toxic vapors while trying to keep the nuke from detonating.  Also Paige confronts Happy about constantly tagging along with her and Walter.

I still love this show.  It's so unrealistic, but it's my happy escape show.  I love seeing Happy & Toby and Paige & Walter.  I watch many sci-fi and dramas that you really have to pay attention to....   but this show is like an ice cream sundae for my mind.  (Ok I'm on paid meds, as usual.... lol) 

Does anyone else love this show even though it's not very thought-provoking or deep or technical???  I enjoy the character development, even though it's been fairly predictable so far!  

• Love 5

I may be done. I don't mind hijinks, but I need consistency of characters' personalities/abilities. At this point no one should ever hire totally incompetent Scorpion to do anything, Walter should be teaching the gang about interpersonal relations, and Sly should be the group leader. Maybe I'd still like the show if they renamed it Musical Chairs on Crack, except I really hate the game of Musical Chairs because it focuses on the loser. Yeah. I know. That's kind of the premise of the show. Sorry. If the show gives some viewers a little happiness, I hope it gets renewed.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

I really don't like it when they're "saving the day" from a problem caused by their own staggering incompetence. I like it better when they're saving the day from a problem NOT caused by them being morons. Why would anyone hire them after this, let alone all the other times their sloppiness has almost led to major disasters?

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 2

I can get past most of the hokey parts and suspend disbelief enough to be entertained so I like this show. However, what I can't do is deal with wishy washy underdeveloped characters. 

So far all season I've had one question... 

Why is Paige such a raging bitch all.of a sudden? 

Edited by Gemini Gipsy
Wrong word
  • Love 2

The fuel tank is that thin and fragile that it can’t take a blow from a falling wrench?  I’m not buying Happys explanation. Also not buying that help is 4 hours away from a system fragile enough for this to happen. 

Why is Happy being a third wheel anyway? She never did that before she got married.  She spent her time with Toby or her Dad. Oops, I forgot he’s in prison. 

I usually half watch the case of the week cause they are just stupid. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Gemini Gipsy said:

All of a sudden? 

By the way, not that I expect realism from a TV show, but you can't just go to Vermont and pass the bar. You have to study as an apprentice for YEARS. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I really don't like it when they're "saving the day" from a problem caused by their own staggering incompetence. I like it better when they're saving the day from a problem NOT caused by them being morons. Why would anyone hire them after this, let alone all the other times they're sloppiness has almost led to major disasters?

^^This X 1,000,000,000 (times a billion).
I really don't recall. Was the show always like this? Or maybe the writers hate it so much that they're willing to tank their paychecks for a chance to write it into a corner of Scorpion going out of business?

I used to love it, so I do think something's changed. It used to be funny, the improbable solutions were things like throwing an extension cord to a moving jet-- hilarious. Now they're dealing with team members bickering and being clumsy and narrowly averting a nuclear  blast of their own making. Plus all the angst, and Sly not putting that bratty girl in her place.

I did like that Walter realized something wasn't a compliment when Paige didn't.

3 hours ago, possibilities said:

Now they're dealing with team members bickering and being clumsy and narrowly averting a nuclear  blast of their own making. Plus all the angst, and Sly not putting that bratty girl in her place.

Yeah, they didn't have the team being clumsy and stupid in earlier episodes.  I would get annoyed because the show made everyone outside the team extra dumb, now the show is making the team dumb.  No one should ever hire Scorpion again after this fiasco.

A little of Patty goes a long way.  I hope she isn't in every episode; she bugged me today.

The whole Happy hanging with Walter and Paige was so odd.  When did that happen? It's not like she hung out with either of them before.  What about Toby?  I know the show tried to wrap it up in a family issue for Happy, but it was just so out of character for her.

I do feel like we see Walter becoming a better team leader; I liked his encouragement and praise of Sly in this one.  The Walter/Paige relationship is working right now, though it leaves Ralph getting stuck with babysitters.  I always liked Toby and Happy together. A baby though...ugh.

Just stop with the team being dumb, OK show?  Thanks. 

Oh, and one of the actors playing a bunker soldier was on Zoo - I guess he is making the rounds of goofy, unrealistic shows held together by team dynamics and shiny objects.

Almost forgot - what were those soldiers doing with eggs in the bunker?? Was there a stove or hot plate or kitchen I missed? LOL.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, possibilities said:

I don't want a baby on this show.

I hate how the show has been infantilizing Happy ever since she stopped "hating" Toby.

I don't think this issue is infantalizing her. Happy wanting a family is totally in line with her character as it has been shown.

And no, noone should EVER hire Team Scorpion for ANYTHING after this fiasco. They seriously suck as a company.

Edited by Jack Kerouac
  • Love 1
On 10/17/2017 at 5:35 PM, Willowsmom said:

Far as I can tell this show has one script template that they plug situations into and they only have a few situations.

Someone in the writers room probably likes Mad Libs 

On 10/18/2017 at 8:54 PM, Jack Kerouac said:

I don't think this issue is infantalizing her. Happy wanting a family is totally in line with her character as it has been shown.

And no, noone should EVER hire Team Scorpion for ANYTHING after this fiasco. They seriously suck as a company.

Maybe the government is locked into a two year contract and doesn't want to pay the early termination fee :P

On 10/18/2017 at 2:14 PM, possibilities said:

I did like that Walter realized something wasn't a compliment when Paige didn't.

I took Paige's comment as sarcastic, I thought she did know it wasn't a complement. 

On October 18, 2017 at 3:41 AM, possibilities said:

I don't want a baby on this show.

Just because she wants one doesn't mean she's getting one. You can string out this storyline for years. You could have a season where they try to conceive a baby, which means subplots about timing, fertility treatments, and false positives, but nothing works for them. Based on Happy's background, it wouldn't surprise if me they decided to look into adoption. You could then do a season or two about adoption, so you have them looking into different options (foreign or domestic, private or through an agency, open adoption or closed adoption), things falling through, and then during the series finale they finally adopt a child. 

• Love 1
On 10/17/2017 at 5:47 PM, Gemini Gipsy said:

So far all season I've had one question... 

I agree a million times.  I am hating her whole " You need to change or I am going to break up with you." schtick.  She knew what she was getting into by starting a relationship with Walter.  Suck it up, dear.  He's a grown man, love him or don't but don't think you can, or should, change him.

Actually, it kind of pisses me off because she is not always right.  If they are on assignment, Walter may not ask her for her advice, he may not care about her feelings.  He may just need to get shit done.  Maybe she should stay at home with Ralph during the assignments.  Then Walter would have a lot less chance offending her when she gets butt hurt because he's more interested in saving the freaking world as opposed to kissing her ass.

• Love 1
On 11/2/2017 at 6:45 PM, Destiny74 said:

I agree a million times.  I am hating her whole " You need to change or I am going to break up with you." schtick.  She knew what she was getting into by starting a relationship with Walter.  Suck it up, dear.  He's a grown man, love him or don't but don't think you can, or should, change him.

Actually, it kind of pisses me off because she is not always right.  If they are on assignment, Walter may not ask her for her advice, he may not care about her feelings.  He may just need to get shit done.  Maybe she should stay at home with Ralph during the assignments.  Then Walter would have a lot less chance offending her when she gets butt hurt because he's more interested in saving the freaking world as opposed to kissing her ass.

All of this!!!!  ^^^^^^

I thought she was kind and accepting and patient. At least more than she has been this season. I hate her this season! She's lost all likability AFAIC.  

She knows Walt, she knows what she is getting herself into and it's like she is trying to shame him to whip him into shape. In the end, though, he caves. 

• Love 1