Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

Hollywood's Dirty Little (Open) Secrets: Harvey Weinstein and Others Like Him

Asia Argento has accused Rob Cohen of rape while filming Xxx. According to the article he gave her ghb and she woke up naked in his bed.

“It’s the first time I’m talking about Cohen,” Argento told the Milan daily. “He abused me, making me drink GHB, he had a bottle of it,” she said, referring to the fast-acting anaesthetic with a history of use in date rape.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/variety.com/2021/film/news/asia-argento-rob-cohen-sexual-assault-accusations-1234890955/amp/

Edited by Avabelle
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 7

5 hours ago, Avabelle said:

Asia Argento has accused Rob Cohen of rape while filming Fast and Furious. According to the article he gave her ghb and she woke up naked in his bed.

“It’s the first time I’m talking about Cohen,” Argento told the Milan daily. “He abused me, making me drink GHB, he had a bottle of it,” she said, referring to the fast-acting anaesthetic with a history of use in date rape.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/variety.com/2021/film/news/asia-argento-rob-cohen-sexual-assault-accusations-1234890955/amp/

She want in Fast and Furious. I believe the allegation is from the filming of xXx.

On 1/24/2021 at 11:32 AM, Avabelle said:

Asia Argento has accused Rob Cohen of rape while filming Xxx. According to the article he gave her ghb and she woke up naked in his bed.

Interesting. Remember when you had sex with a 17 year old boy Asia? You were a big "me too" movement person until then, so I have to wonder, is this truth, or are you trying to get your rep back?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Bruinsfan said:

It's Hollywood, why not both?

Not to mention that just because a person had been a victim at one time doesn't mean that they are forever incapable of being an assaulter thereafter (or even  beforehand).  

I wouldn't be surprised if Weinstein, R. Kelly, etc. had had someone victimize them in their distant pasts. NOT that this would in any way justify/excuse them victimizing others  (and, of course, many victims become the staunchest advocates for other victims), but it could  possibly help explain what might have gone wrong. 

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, Robert Lynch said:

Thank goodness, she got out of the situation and I hope some young women can learn from this. My abusive ex-husband did crap like this. I hope the power of social media in this day and age will help young women to know they deserve better than this.

• Like 16

Bankruptcy court judge agrees to $17 million payout for Weinstein accusers.

The $17m fund will be divided among more than 50 claimants, with the most serious allegations resulting in payouts of $500,000 or more.

The settlement was put to a vote of Weinstein's accusers, with 39 voting in favour and eight opposed.

They will have the option to forgo most of their payout under the plan if they want to continue pursuing their claims.

Unfortunately the agreement also comes with releases that absolve the executives, including his brother, from liability for enabling his conduct.

• Sad 10

20 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Bankruptcy court judge agrees to $17 million payout for Weinstein accusers.

Unfortunately the agreement also comes with releases that absolve the executives, including his brother, from liability for enabling his conduct.

So $34,000 per accuser if averaged?  That's pathetic.

Surprisingly though he's allegedly only worth around $25 million now.  I'm skeptical of that though. While certain things he'd have ongoing royalty rights to would suffer from his name being mud, most wouldn't.  Most people aren't swearing off watching all Miramax movies.  

Edited by Kromm
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Kromm said:

So $34,000 per accuser if averaged?  That's pathetic.

Surprisingly though he's allegedly only worth around $25 million now.  I'm skeptical of that though. While certain things he'd have ongoing royalty rights to would suffer from his name being mud, most wouldn't.  Most people aren't swearing off watching all Miramax movies.  

$340,000 per accuser in average. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Ailianna said:

$340,000 per accuser in average. 

Heh. Yeah I dropped a zero.

Still a questionable amount for what's involved.

• Like 3

I don't know how you put a dollar price on what he did though. At least his victims do have the satisfaction of seeing that he rots in jail.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

Michael Jackson did called Sean Astin during the filming of Goonies and Sean's mother was concerned

Jesus, that was so unsettling. I can't imagine what was going on with Patty's mind at that moment. Oh, my God....

Thankfully, it seems Miss Duke was able to at least keep young Mr. Astin at arm's length from Mr. Jackson from that time . However,  too many other parents appeared to at best be totally ignorant of any possible problems or, at worst, being oblivious to said problems as long as they could reap the bounties via their offspring. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 6

There were people who still sent their kids to Jackson's estate after the court cases, I think they were looking for a settlement, and didn't care what happened to their kids, just their own wallets.      That was the second lawsuit, and this time Jackson's people didn't settle and the criminal jury trail said Not Guilty.  

(I actually met a woman I strongly suspect was the mother of the last kid that sued.     She really was that conniving, and evil).  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Sad 11

2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There were people who still sent their kids to Jackson's estate after the court cases, I think they were looking for a settlement, and didn't care what happened to their kids, just their own wallets.      

And/or were in complete denial - because how could this amazing talent be awful? Either way it was heartbreaking.

It was before the days of the Internet where you could Google something, get results and make an independent judgement. And before sexual abuse and what it looks like was broadly known.

However, I do think some parents care less about caring for their children than protecting their children.

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

54 minutes ago, janie jones said:

HOLD ON.

T.I., who has his daughter's hymen examined to ensure she's a virgin?

That's him.

• Sad 5

Arnie Hammer has been dropped from another project.

Can we just say that his career is over.  Cannibalism is not something you can recover  from.

He just needs to leave society.  If he ends up getting sued being charged - great.

It's just so disturbing.

• Like 9

I just do not understand the outrage over Armie Hammer.  Charged with what?  Having creepy ass kinky conversations?  Nothing even kind of illegal has been substantiated at all.  He has weird fantasies about cannibalisms, he's not actually a cambial.  These conversations haven't even been proven to be REAL, much less a crime.  And, yes, his ex says she believes it, but again..... its not a crime to have that kind of conversation if it's consensual.  Nobody ever claimed that he was harassing or bothering them, they just got pissed off and posted "his" messages to shame him.  

If a guy had made this revelation about his ex-girlfriend and posted DMs that they claim were her being kinky people would be all over the place defending her privacy.  I'm just flabbergasted by the whole thing.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, BetterButter said:

1 hour ago, janie jones said:

HOLD ON.

T.I., who has his daughter's hymen examined to ensure she's a virgin?

WOW. The hypocrisy is almost as sickening as the crime itself. If that's true, I hope that vile piece of shit rots in jail, and that his daughter permanently writes him out of her life (and then proceeds to have all the sex she wants).

In fact, you know what? I hope she just goes ahead and does just that now. 

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, ouinason said:

I just do not understand the outrage over Armie Hammer.  Charged with what?  Having creepy ass kinky conversations?  Nothing even kind of illegal has been substantiated at all.  He has weird fantasies about cannibalisms, he's not actually a cambial.  These conversations haven't even been proven to be REAL, much less a crime.  And, yes, his ex says she believes it, but again..... its not a crime to have that kind of conversation if it's consensual.  Nobody ever claimed that he was harassing or bothering them, they just got pissed off and posted "his" messages to shame him.  

His ex as said much more than she believes it. What she describes is abuse even if it isn’t enough to be considered criminal.  Another ex has also come forward with more allegations. At least some of what they say is illegal even if it would be hard to make a case against him without more people coming forward. 

Lorenze, a 22-year-old college student who dated the “Social Network” star, 34, for four months last year, says they would engage in knife play, during which “he would cut off underwear or bras and use the knife and put it all over my body.” In one incident, he allegedly carved the letter “A” near her vagina.

“I kind of sat back and let it happen,” she told us. “I didn’t really know what to do or say … As sad as that is, I wanted him to like me and feel like I was down for what he wanted.”

She said she plans to have the scar removed.

She said Hammer also left her with bruises, which she believes were something he used in a similar way. “He wanted me to show them off and be proud of them,” she told us. “I said, ‘How am I supposed to see other people when I have bruises?’ He said, ‘That’s the point.’ I think it was a part of marking and branding.”  

• Like 3
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 7

2 hours ago, Macbeth said:

Arnie Hammer has been dropped from another project.

Can we just say that his career is over.  Cannibalism is not something you can recover  from.

I think this is a pretty calculated "go away and hide for a while" move so he can come back and claim it was kink shaming.  The lack of consent or boundary pushing issues haven't gotten as much play as the cannibalism stuff. 

7 minutes ago, Dani said:

Another ex has also come forward with more allegations. 

Sheesh.  He carved and A next to her vagina?  Was he a member of NXVIM and we never knew it?

• Like 12

If a guy had made this revelation about his ex-girlfriend and posted DMs that they claim were her being kinky people would be all over the place defending her privacy.  I'm just flabbergasted by the whole thing.

From what I understand, a lot of the outrage is from his BDSM practices. Apparently he refuses to use safe words or provide any aftercare to the people he has sex with, which are supposedly ( I have no actual knowledge ) part of the whole BDSM thing, & that's what has a lot of people angry.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, GaT said:

From what I understand, a lot of the outrage is from his BDSM practices. Apparently he refuses to use safe words or provide any aftercare to the people he has sex with, which are supposedly ( I have no actual knowledge ) part of the whole BDSM thing, & that's what has a lot of people angry.

Yep. I do not claim to have any BDSM knowledge--only what I've read about on the internet--but it seems like how he defines BDSM is basically him abusing the shit out of his partner, regardless of her preferences or consent, and that is not a kink and he is not being kink-shamed. He is being called out--rightfully--for abuse. 

And as for the cannibalism thing, I never got the impression it was consensual. It apparently freaked out all the girlfriends, and they went along with it to pacify him. I think trying to find a doctor to remove your girlfriend's rib so you can eat it--and that is something she is not into and doesn't express any interest in--is its own form of emotional abuse. 

You want to talk dirty to some woman about eating her ribs? Find somebody else with that weird-ass kink. But don't do it to someone who is clearly not into that. 

TBH, the Armie Hammer stuff made my stomach turn in a way that it hasn't since reading about Weinstein or R. Kelly. And the cannibalism stuff might be the most sensational, but it is hardly the worst thing he did. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 20

14 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

WOW. The hypocrisy is almost as sickening as the crime itself. If that's true, I hope that vile piece of shit rots in jail, and that his daughter permanently writes him out of her life (and then proceeds to have all the sex she wants).

In fact, you know what? I hope she just goes ahead and does just that now. 

Actually it fits perfectly.   Women are objects whose only value is their vagina.   Anyone that obsessed with his daughter's virginity thinks women are for one thing only -- sex.   So of course he would not see women as humans but as something to be bought and sold like cattle.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 6

13 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think this is a pretty calculated "go away and hide for a while" move so he can come back and claim it was kink shaming.  The lack of consent or boundary pushing issues haven't gotten as much play as the cannibalism stuff. 

You mean the cannibalism was consensual??  Wow.

• Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Forgive me for saying this but Armie Hammer sounds like someone to avoid at all costs! And I could have gone the next five odd decades of my life not knowing that stuff he was into and have been perfectly content. Frankly, I don't know how someone could get into that stuff and 'code words' or not, NOT put oneself at risk to be at the very least abused! Seriously, it sounds like there's a bunch of folks out there who need prosecuting as well as victims who need intense therapy (yes, IMO that includes those who claimed they volunteered for it and it was consensual).

• Like 6

21 hours ago, GaT said:

This part I do understand.  He should be kept away from BDSM spaces and women should be warry.  I don't get people thinking he should be put in jail.  Even the carving of A thing, from the words of the woman involved, seems as though he believed she was into it.  She WANTED him to believe she was into it.  And again.... no actual cannibalism taking place.  

• Like 3

This part I do understand.  He should be kept away from BDSM spaces and women should be warry.  I don't get people thinking he should be put in jail.  Even the carving of A thing, from the words of the woman involved, seems as though he believed she was into it.  She WANTED him to believe she was into it.  And again.... no actual cannibalism taking place.  

It’s not that clear cut. He was literally using a knife on her and in some states that can be seen as forcible compulsion. Many people believe that affirmative consent should be the law. If these instances happened in California you can make a case that it was illegal given our very strict “yes means yes” law. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 8
  • Useful 3

12 hours ago, Macbeth said:

You mean the cannibalism was consensual??  Wow.

With Armie?  I'm sure some women consented to the fantasy of cannibalism. 

It sounds like others did not consent to his BDSM.

I don't think he has actually eaten a rib at this point. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dani said:

It’s not that clear cut. 

Heh.  I see what you did there,

4 hours ago, Dani said:

He was literally using a knife on her and in some states that can be seen as forcible compulsion. Many people believe that affirmative consent should be the law. If these instances happened in California you can make a case that it was illegal given our very strict “yes means yes” law. 

This is why if people are gonna do BDSM, they need to follow the rules and conventions that are generally accepted for the safety for all who practice it.  There are very clear consent rules for people in that life. And knife play is an acknowledged sub-segment of some of the more edgy BDSM practices.  I mean, the 'M'  part of BDSM stands for 'masochism' and there are people who do get off on being beat, carved, burnt etc.  But there is a clear demarcation between S/M part of the sexual play and out and out abuse and the people who are true practitioners of it know how not to cross that line.  It sounds more and more to me that that was his kink but he wasn't (or refused gto be) properly educated in the rules of lifestyle that would protect both him and his partners.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

And knife play is an acknowledged sub-segment of some of the more edgy BDSM practices.  I mean, the 'M'  part of BDSM stands for 'masochism' and there are people who do get off on being beat, carved, burnt etc.  But there is a clear demarcation between S/M part of the sexual play and out and out abuse and the people who are true practitioners of it know how not to cross that line.  It sounds more and more to me that that was his kink but he wasn't (or refused gto be) properly educated in the rules of lifestyle that would protect both him and his partners.

Absolutely. There's a way to do it if you're into that stuff that minimises potential trauma. I read an article around the time BDSM exploded and it interviewed a woman who had been raped IRL and went to the club she frequented and did a scene where they re-enacted it (minus actual penetration). She said she'd never advocate it for every survivor but for her it was healing. She was in control. She had a bell and would ring it to stop and they'd stop. She directed it. She had safe words. They spent a long time prior mapping out what would happen and what she needed from it and everyone in the scene did what they discussed. Hammer seems to be someone who in that scene would disregard all the pre scene work, throw the bell across the room and do whatever he wanted. Nothing he's into is wrong as long as you do it properly and safely. BDSM has all of those rules for a reason. You want to be hurt but not harmed. He seems to want both which is why he's such a piece of crap 

• Like 10
  • Useful 3

7 hours ago, DearEvette said:

It sounds more and more to me that that was his kink but he wasn't (or refused gto be) properly educated in the rules of lifestyle that would protect both him and his partners.

I agree. The more I read the more I feel that he crossed over the legal line and should be charged. You can’t give consent to be assaulted. Anyone who wants to be involved in BDSM need to make damn sure that other person is in complete agreement every step of the way. I don’t expect Hammer to be arrested but there have been cases where a consensual BDSM relationship escalated and one participant ended up in prison as a result. 

• Like 9

I could happily have gone my whole life without knowing a damn thing about Armie Hammer.  What a disgusting excuse for a human being.

• Like 20

56 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

I guess she finally feels strong enough to publicly name him.  Most had already assumed it was Marilyn when she first detailed her past abuse situation, but she wouldn't publicly name her abuser. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Most had already assumed it was Marilyn when she first detailed her past abuse situation, but she wouldn't publicly name her abuser. 

It's why I did a double-check it wasn't old news mysteriously popping up again before posting.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

3 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Well. I wonder what Rose McGowan will have to say about this. In her memoir she described him as one of the few decent men she’s ever known (until they broke up), but that was only her experience, meaning others might not be the same. Will she acknowledge that or play the hypocrite again?

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

Rose McGowan has a litany of mental health issues which cause her perception to be warped and her to lash out inappropriately. That doesn’t diminish what she went through, but she can still be a frustrating person. 

I’m glad REW has taken this step, which I hope is part of her processing what happened to her and recovering from it. 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

It's why I did a double-check it wasn't old news mysteriously popping up again before posting.  

I had the same reaction. I hadn't realized she hadn't named Manson specifically when she discussed it previously, though I had read a lot of speculation it was him. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Exactly, it's not like this has been a big secret.   There was the "Running to the Edge of the World" video where he murders a Rachel Evan Wood lookalike.  Or an interview in 2009 where he admitted to fantasizing about smashing her skull with a sledge hammer and said how he cut himself every time he called her one day--158 times.  Clearly a fucked up person, but still no excuse.

• Like 2
  • Useful 6

1 hour ago, Lugal said:

it's not like this has been a big secret.  

I don’t think anyone was suggesting it was, just that it is still scary and difficult for a lot of victims to name their abuser. 

• Like 14