Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

Hollywood's Dirty Little (Open) Secrets: Harvey Weinstein and Others Like Him

1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

And there's this from Robert Weide:

Robert Weide is an asshole. He has a history of stalking Dylan on Twitter and ridiculing her claims. I'm not discrediting Moses. I just want that on the record.

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 7

2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It is very well possible that Mia was a shitty parent to Moses, Soon-Yi and other of her adopted children.  Her not being a perfect parent has nothing to do with Woody assaulting Dylan.  

I had a friend who disbelieved Dylan because Mia had a meltdown when she found out about Soon-Yi sleeping with Allen.  Because, of course, clearly her not handling that situation like a little lady taints everything else she has ever said or done.  

• Sad 12

3 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

In her widely-circulated 2014 open letter in The New York Times, the adult Dylan suddenly seemed to remember every moment of the alleged assault, writing, “He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me. He talked to me while he did it, whispering that I was a good girl, that this was our secret, promising that we’d go to Paris and I’d be a star in his movies. I remember staring at that toy train, focusing on it as it traveled in its circle around the attic. To this day, I find it difficult to look at toy trains.”

It’s a precise and compelling narrative, but there’s a major problem: there was no electric train set in that attic. There was, in fact, no way for kids to play up there, even if we had wanted to. It was an unfinished crawl space, under a steeply-angled gabled roof, with exposed nails and floorboards, billows of fiberglass insulation, filled with mousetraps and droppings and stinking of mothballs, and crammed with trunks full of hand-me-down clothes and my mother’s old wardrobes.

Moses even says that there were many adults there that day too who were on "high alert." Surely someone would have seen him absconding away with Dylan? 

I'm not trying to defend Woody Allen here. But I'm not going to discount what Moses has to say because his history with his shitty, abusive mother is complicated. 

Oddly the problems he points out with her story actually makes me believe Dylan more. Would Mia make up a story and make Dylan lie and say it happened in the attic if the attic was nearly inaccessible. Those are the kind of inconsistencies that exist in real memories.

I believe that Moses believes it didn’t happen but, to me, is overestimating his own memory. This was the most telling part for me:

As the oldest child at the house that summer day, I took Mia’s warnings very seriously. I thought my job was to support my mother and I desperately wanted her approval, as did all of her children. I had also learned repeatedly that to go against her wishes would bring horrible repercussions. I would keep my eyes on Woody until she returned. But secretly, I was torn.

If Woody molested Dylan that day Moses failed, in his own mind, at what he needed to do to get his mother’s approval. Thats an insanely heavy burden for a child. I can easily see him being certain it didn’t happen because he needed it to not happen. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 19

It's not uncommon for adult siblings of an abused child to deny that it happened, disbelieve the abused child, and align with the parent(s).

Edited by cleo
  • Like 18
  • Sad 2

.  Personally I think Mia was/is a shitty parent to most, possibly all, of her kids. I think Woody was an abuser and groomed Soon Yi as his wife. Both are possible. Dylan has her point of view which should be respected as does Moses which also should be respected. At the end of the day I think all the kids were dealt a bad hand and probably would do better with a good distance from both parents. 

• Like 24

11 hours ago, callie lee 29 said:

.  Personally I think Mia was/is a shitty parent to most, possibly all, of her kids. I think Woody was an abuser and groomed Soon Yi as his wife. Both are possible. Dylan has her point of view which should be respected as does Moses which also should be respected. At the end of the day I think all the kids were dealt a bad hand and probably would do better with a good distance from both parents. 

While I DO believe Dylan's account of what she said Mr. Allen did, I definitely think the eldest Miss Farrow was far from the ideal parent to any of them (and it's public record that she's never said a peep about her own brother who was convicted of sexually abusing two preteen boys- to say nothing of her decades' long loud,vocal  support of the admitted, convicted teen rapist Polanski that she's only very recently started to tone down). I recall reading in Bette Davis's last bio This N' That, a letter of support condemning Miss Davis's elder daughter B.D. Hyman's scathing bio of Miss Davis  from Miss Farrow in which she stated "If any of my children were to list only some of my flaws, it would fill a whole SHELF of books!"

At the time, I actually thought Miss Farrow was being too hard on herself but  now I'm not so sure. 

I stress that all of the above does NOT mean that I don't think Mr. Allen didn't do what the younger Miss Farrow said  he did AND that there's no amount of spin that makes it right for him to have hooked up with Miss Farrow's daughter Soon-Yi. 

Two or more wrongs no more make a right  any more than having one flawed parent doesn't mean it's impossible for the other to have been  guilty of a crime. 

And I do agree that it would be good for all the kids (including the evidently favorite Rowan) to put some distance between themselves and the eldest Miss Farrow. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Blergh said:

And I do agree that it would be good for all the kids (including the evidently favorite Rowan) to put some distance between themselves and the eldest Miss Farrow. 

I agree Ronan likely was the favorite (and that there were some dysfunctional family vibes in general that don't mean Allen is innocent), but I don't think Ronan's going to distance himself from Mia. My impression from Catch and Kill is he and his mom are very close, and that he really loves and admires his mother. It was interesting to me that despite the subject matter of the book and that Dylan collaborated with him and that he and his sister do seem close, he talked a lot more in the book about seeing and interacting with his mother on a regular basis than he did with Dylan. He could have obscured that and pretended to be closer to Dylan but he didn't. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, cleo said:

It's not uncommon for adult siblings of an abused child to deny that it happened, disbelieve the abused child, and align with the parent(s).

I got the feeling from reading Moses's blog that he feels Dylan's accusations cost him his father.  No that Woody was held accountable for his actions.  He is placing a huge part of the blame on Dylan even if he doesn't realize it.  He can't see that if Mia did coach Dylan who was a young child at the time, then she is also a victim of Mia.  This is where his argument falls apart for me.  I can believe that Mia was abusive both emotionally and physically to her children, and I think he should have just focused on that.  I think Moses believes if he had been able to have Woody in his life then it would have been better.  I get that and I think it bolsters his truth in regards to Mia's abuse.  I don't know if this would have happened if Woody did have some type of custody with the kids.  Woody doesn't strike me as a hands on father who would have been as involved as what Moses would have wanted.  He strikes me as the kind of guy who would have hired a woman to take care of the kids so they didn't disrupt his life.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I got the feeling from reading Moses's blog that he feels Dylan's accusations cost him his father.  No that Woody was held accountable for his actions.  He is placing a huge part of the blame on Dylan even if he doesn't realize it.  He can't see that if Mia did coach Dylan who was a young child at the time, then she is also a victim of Mia.  This is where his argument falls apart for me.  I can believe that Mia was abusive both emotionally and physically to her children, and I think he should have just focused on that.  I think Moses believes if he had been able to have Woody in his life then it would have been better.  I get that and I think it bolsters his truth in regards to Mia's abuse.  I don't know if this would have happened if Woody did have some type of custody with the kids.  Woody doesn't strike me as a hands on father who would have been as involved as what Moses would have wanted.  He strikes me as the kind of guy who would have hired a woman to take care of the kids so they didn't disrupt his life.  

I find it incredibly disturbing that he’s a family therapist. Even by his own account Woody watched multiple children (including his own) being abused for years and rather than help them he decided to have sex with one of them. The idea that he could justify that and be counseling abuse victims is appalling. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 8
  • Sad 7

43 minutes ago, Dani said:

I find it incredibly disturbing that he’s a family therapist. Even by his own account Woody watched multiple children (including his own) being abused for years and rather than help them he decide to have sex with one of them. The idea that he could be counseling abuse victims is appalling. 

This is one of the many reasons I don't believe that Moses is being accurate in his remembrances.  He himself is the first to say that one of the reasons Allen could not have molested Dylan is because there were so many people around - yet he recounts stories of abusive behavior by his mother towards him and at least some of the other children and doesn't seem to see the contradiction here.  Allen can't do something because too many people would know - but Farrow can?  

Edited by Beany Malone
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Woody doesn't strike me as a hands on father who would have been as involved as what Moses would have wanted.  He strikes me as the kind of guy who would have hired a woman to take care of the kids so they didn't disrupt his life.  

He wasn't. From what I remember everyone involved agreed that he had NO relationship with Mia's kids. Now, you can argue that they weren't his and I don't think they lived together. But they were together for years and he still didn't attempt to foster a relationship with ANY of them? There were about 100 to chose from. He had a terrible relationship with Ronan since birth. He didn't give a crap about Moses- Moses was the one who worked so hard to create a relationship. He was the one who begged Woody to adopt him as he wanted a father so much. Woody just went along with it. The only one he cared about was Dylan. All parties agree that he was obsessed with her to the exclusion of all the other kids. Even if nothing sexual had happened, that kind of smothering attention would have a very negative effect on a child. I'd be very interested to learn what he was like with his kids with Soon Yi.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1

I'd be afraid to. At least Farrow strikes me as someone who could stand up to him if she thought his behavior was out of line, regardless of her own nightmare issues as a parent.

• Like 4

It's only one sentence, so there isn't much info, but according to TMZ, Harvey Weinstein fell & hit his head today.

We're also told Weinstein fell today and hit his head. He's being treated.

Does that sound really odd to anybody else?

• Surprise 3

12 hours ago, GaT said:

It's only one sentence, so there isn't much info, but according to TMZ, Harvey Weinstein fell & hit his head today.

Does that sound really odd to anybody else?

According to his spokesman he fell while trying to walk on his own because he doesn’t have his walker. Sounds like it’s just at attempt at playing up the feeble old man thing again. 

Adjusting to jail life has been especially difficult without the aid of his walker.

On Saturday night, Weinstein took a tumble after trying to walk on his own. “He fell on his head and thinks he has a concussion,” Engelmayer said. “His head has been pounding since yesterday.”

Weinstein has a wheelchair but finds it difficult to use, the spokesman said. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 7

For someone needing heart surgery why is he walking?    Use the wheelchair.   He's trying to find the one thing that gets him transferred to a secure hospital not the hospital wing of the jail.

• Like 13
  • Useful 3

8 hours ago, Dani said:

Adjusting to jail life has been especially difficult without the aid of his walker.

On Saturday night, Weinstein took a tumble after trying to walk on his own. “He fell on his head and thinks he has a concussion,” Engelmayer said. “His head has been pounding since yesterday.”

Boo hoo.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 16

25 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I saw on Twitter where Corey Haim's sister is not happy about this.  She would like Mr. Feldman to leave her brother out of this documentary.  

I think there was bad blood between Corey Haim's mother and Feldman ever since he did the book Coreography. I think that is one of the main reasons. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

11 hours ago, Dani said:

What kind of wheelchair does a rich guy in prison get?  My mother  is in rehab and needs a wheelchair right now and I gotta agree with Weinstein if he's using a standard hospital issue wheelchair you pretty much need a lot of strength or you need someone to push you.  Still I somehow though can't see them giving a prisoner the cadillac of wheelchairs.  

Edited by Beany Malone
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

I think there was bad blood between Corey Haim's mother and Feldman ever since he did the book Coreography. I think that is one of the main reasons. 

I can see that.  I do believe that Feldman has the right to tell his story.  He has the right to find others who were abused like he was and get them to tell their stories.  What he does not have the right to do is tell Corey Haim's story.  That story died with him, and if his family doesn't want to be brought into this, then Feldman needs to respect that.  

• Like 18

30 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can see that.  I do believe that Feldman has the right to tell his story.  He has the right to find others who were abused like he was and get them to tell their stories.  What he does not have the right to do is tell Corey Haim's story.  That story died with him, and if his family doesn't want to be brought into this, then Feldman needs to respect that.  

On the Wendy Williams Show, he did say he interviewed a former Disney child actor that was abused. So I don't think it is just Corey Haim, but I haven't seen it yet. 

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

4 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

On the Wendy Williams Show, he did say he interviewed a former Disney child actor that was abused. So I don't think it is just Corey Haim, but I haven't seen it yet. 

Its called...   (My) Truth: The Rape of 2 Coreys.  Whether he interviewed someone else or not, he's using Haim to sell this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

Its called...   (My) Truth: The Rape of 2 Coreys.  Whether he interviewed someone else or not, he's using Haim to sell this.

You know, you got a point.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

Looks like nobody is going to be watching Corey's doc tonight: https://heavy.com/entertainment/2020/03/corey-feldmans-documentary-not-working-streaming-error/  According to people on twitter the page reads now that the account was hacked & that you can watch it again on 3/10 at 3pm ET & so on.  I also read that it played for about 15 minutes in the theater & they stopped it because the stream wasn't working. So both streamers & theater goers didn't get to see the film. At this point if he really wants to make a difference & name names he should just come out and do it. Enough of the grandstanding & theatrics. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Dancingjaneway said:

According to people on twitter the page reads now that the account was hacked

giphy.gif

Well, at least he didn't have to stab himself for attention this time, so...there's that.

• Laugh 6

2 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

LA Opera's investigators have now also substantiated 10 "inappropriate conduct" claims made against Placido Domingo. But the American Guild of Musical Artists, the musicians union, still refuses to expel him.

Not to say that the AGMA handled this well but they did announce that they started the process to discipline and possibly expel him last week. Of course it was the same day a union executive resigned claiming a cover-up so I wouldn’t be surprised if he just gets a fine and suspension. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

23 years, and register as a sex offender..    However, I'm hoping that the hideously long appeals process doesn't include bail. 

I was worried that he would get time served, or parole, so I'm happy. 

I hope they give him the Epstein suite in hell.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 17

I came here to celebrate.   23 years is HUGE.    Given the violent nature of his crime, he is not getting bail pending an appeal.    Someone who is a prosecutor correct me if I'm wrong but the standard for bail on appeal is different than bail after arrest because of the conviction right?

• Like 13

It’s just sinking in. I had been so afraid he would get the minimum, or even some ridiculous hybrid sentence that would result in him serving very little time. 

I read a couple of news sources regarding the sentences and it appears Harv did speak and say he felt “remorse for all the women.” Also at some point, he said something about how he was confused and men were confused and fuck that all to hell.

I really don’t see how they can release him pending appeals.

It’s hard to explain. I’m not even tangentially associated with the entertainment industry. But this conviction and sentence makes me a little more confident and a little less afraid. Maybe men will finally start to realize that they are not entitled to access to women’s bodies. 

• Like 23

14 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I read a couple of news sources regarding the sentences and it appears Harv did speak and say he felt “remorse for all the women.” Also at some point, he said something about how he was confused and men were confused and fuck that all to hell.

It was the typical “I’m sorry you’re upset but I didn’t do anything wrong.” Of course he had to continue to gaslight them. He even said that he did not have “great powers” in the industry. Full of shit all the way to the end. 

“To all the women who testified, we may have different truths, but I have great remorse for all of you,” he said, saying he thought he had a “friendship” with both victims. “I had wonderful times with these people.”

Weinstein said that several of friends were scared to testify on his behalf, out of concern they could lose their jobs.

“This is not the right atmosphere in the United States of America,” he said.

• Like 9

Right...because the atmosphere in the United States should be one where women don’t have voices or rights or domain over their own bodies. He’s loathsome.

• Like 23

1 hour ago, magdalene said:

23 years in prison for Weinstein.

Convicted Rapist Harvey "I Have To Spend 23 Years in Prison Because I'm a Convicted Rapist" Weinstein has a nice ring to it.

• Like 15

22 minutes ago, Dani said:

Weinstein said that several of friends were scared to testify on his behalf, out of concern they could lose their jobs.

Not so fun when the shoe is on the other foot, is it, Harvey? If this were true, that is, and it probably isn't. Still, the irony makes me smile, I wonder if Weinstein is so deluded that he doesn't notice it.

• Like 17
  • Laugh 5

Y'all are cracking me up!  I haven't seen so many celebratory gifs since my terrible boss was fired and all of my coworkers and I passive- aggressively posted happy gifs on our social media all day long with no context and emailed them to other people in our office building.  LOL.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 11

So I guess ole Harvey is going to die in prison, poor Harvey, poor, poor Harvey. NOT.

• Like 11