Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

Hollywood's Dirty Little (Open) Secrets: Harvey Weinstein and Others Like Him

2 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

We'll know whodunnit if Thomas F. Wilson appears early on in the episode!

I'm guessing the episode will be ready to air for November sweeps. 😉

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

The video sufficiently embarrassed the Queen into making a statement. Andrew is appalled, appalled I tell you, about Epstein's crimes even though Andrew was paling around with him and his underage victims after his conviction.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/18/prince-andrew-appalled-by-epstein-sex-abuse-claims

I'm not happy that they're saying the girl is a liar. He was obviously involved with at least one girl. 

• Like 16

33 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

The video sufficiently embarrassed the Queen into making a statement. Andrew is appalled, appalled I tell you, about Epstein's crimes even though Andrew was paling around with him and his underage victims after his conviction.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/18/prince-andrew-appalled-by-epstein-sex-abuse-claims

The Duke of York has said he is “appalled” by recent sex abuse claims surrounding his former friend Jeffrey Epstein.

"Former", yeah, right. I bet they were friends right up to the time he was arrested.

The Duke of York has been appalled by the recent reports of Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged crimes.

There's nothing "alleged" about it, the man has already been convicted for procuring an underage girl for prostitution & did jail time. That was back in 2008, it's a fact, not an allegation.

• Like 20

8 hours ago, Anela said:

I'm not happy that they're saying the girl is a liar. He was obviously involved with at least one girl. 

The Queen and her son have called Giuffre a liar from her first claim that she had sex with Andrew years ago. First there was a photo and now video indicating that he is sex pervert and liar.  

Edited by SimoneS
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Andrew is appalled, appalled I tell you, about Epstein's crimes

An eyeroll emoji has never been more appropriate. I cannot imagine anyone that would seriously buy this bullshit. Andrew defiantly maintained a friendship with Epstein AFTER he was convicted and served time for underage prostitution but they're trying to sell people that he was unaware of Epstein's crimes. 

• Like 19

There has been chatter that the reason the palace has been trying to play up an Andrew/Sarah reunion is to distract from his involvement with Epstein. I am surprised the tabloid published the video and photos, but I guess, it was too many sales at stake to pass it up. The British police have been determinedly refusing to investigate Epstein although there is evidence that he trafficked girls there. The Justice Department and FBI will likely end up doing their job for them.

Joichi Ito, the director of the M.I.T. Media Lab at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and New York Times board, apologized for his association with Epstein. Epstein visited his lab and gave him millions of dollars and visited Epstein's residences many times yet Ito claims he never saw any evidence of his sex trafficking. I am skeptical when we have been told that there were always young girls around Epstein.

https://www.media.mit.edu/posts/my-apology-regarding-jeffrey-epstein/

Edited by SimoneS
  • Like 8

17 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

yet Ito claims he never saw any evidence of his sex trafficking.

Everyone claims they never saw any evidence.   Otherwise they would be admitting they knew -- and did nothing at best or participated at worst.

I guess you could say Epstein is Prince Andrew's former friend considering Epstein is now dead.   It's been fairly obvious for awhile that Prince Andrew was just ignoring what was going on for some reason of his own.   Could be the money to pay off Sarah's debts came from Epstein.   Andrew doesn't have a lot of his own.   

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I am surprised the tabloid published the video and photos, but I guess, it was too many sales at stake to pass it up. The British police have been determinedly refusing to investigate Epstein although there is evidence that he trafficked girls there.

They're only reporting on it because it's too big to ignore. Further comments on the royal forum.

• Like 10

16 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I guess you could say Epstein is Prince Andrew's former friend considering Epstein is now dead.   It's been fairly obvious for awhile that Prince Andrew was just ignoring what was going on for some reason of his own.   Could be the money to pay off Sarah's debts came from Epstein.   Andrew doesn't have a lot of his own.   

Andrew was not ignoring anything with Epstein and any money lent to Sarah Ferguson was minor compared to his actual connection to Epstein which lasted for years and continued after his conviction. Andrew has been accused of participating in Epstein's sex trafficking; having sex with young girls and participating in orgies. Andrew was also accused of selling his influence to shady wealthy Middle Eastern and Eastern European businessmen which is why he was forced to resign as the UK trade representative or some such title. He is worse than Sarah when it comes to corruption and scheming to get money. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Like 9
  • Useful 3
  • Sad 2

Jean-Luc Brunel: three former models say they were sexually assaulted by Jeffrey Epstein friend

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/17/jean-luc-brunel-jeffrey-epstein-models-sexual-assault

Private jets, parties and eugenics: Jeffrey Epstein's bizarre world of scientists

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/18/private-jets-parties-and-eugenics-jeffrey-epsteins-bizarre-world-of-scientists

Edited by SimoneS
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 2

On 8/18/2019 at 9:45 PM, SimoneS said:

Andrew is appalled, appalled I tell you, about Epstein's crimes even though Andrew was paling around with him and his underage victims after his conviction.

0344984213500d6b9c0c4cc770b51bbe.png

12 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

No, but he'd be the natural casting choice for this hypothetical story.

I second that emotion. He'd be perfect!! 😂

• Like 5
  • Laugh 12

For all the people worried that the reputations and careers of the men accused of sexual harassment/assault would be ruined, ruined I tell you. RME.

The Lie of MeToo Going 'Too Far'

We haven’t even hit the two-year anniversary of the viral MeToo movement and, already, two high-profile men are making successful comebacks. Today, the Washington Post reports that political commentator Mark Halperin, who was accused by multiple women of sexual harassment and physical assault, has landed a new book deal about the 2020 campaign, to the outrage of some of his alleged victims. This follows the news that Glenn Thrush, the New York Times reporter accused of sexually inappropriate behavior toward female colleagues, has been assigned to a prestigious role covering “the candidates and the campaign” during the 2020 campaign.

https://jezebel.com/the-lie-of-metoo-going-too-far-1837370047

Edited by SimoneS
  • Like 5
  • Sad 17

On 8/19/2019 at 12:18 PM, merylinkid said:

He was ignoring Epstein's trafficking of minors in exchange for getting to have sex with some of them. Just like a lot of rich, influential people who will probably go unnamed.

It pisses me off deeply that the Metropolitan Police have already decided that it's "not worth investigating". The servility and scraping that the establishment in the UK does to that bunch of anachronistic parasites is bad enough on a daily basis, without helping cover up crimes into the bargain.

• Like 8
  • Sad 6

Re Epstein:

If women's size 5 underwear were on sale at the Palm Beach County jail commissary, I don't see why any inmates, including sex offenders, would be prohibited from buying them. Any item, up to and including ice cube trays, can be fetishized or sexualized if the desire is there.

Selling Epstein a (presumably) masturbatory aid is pretty small potatoes. Allowing him out of the prison 6 days a week so he could be free to rape again is the head-scratcher.

• Like 11
  • Surprise 1

11 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Even Inspector Gadget could connect the dots here.

6 hours ago, jenniferhartwell said:

As a child of the eighties, I really want to hum the IG theme song right now...

rsz_mrclaw.png.555d6b0c1f5ba650e59ff958b835b6ee.png

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 11

Speaking of fictional detectives one last time, anyone want to posit how Ben Matlock would handle this investigation?

(by the way @Jaded, I love that the second Inspector Gadget movie was so cheaply made that not only was French Stewart playing Gadget, but that they could no longer afford Michelle Trachtenberg playing Penny, so they had to settle for Caitlin Wachs).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jenniferhartwell said:

Speaking of fictional detectives one last time, anyone want to posit how Ben Matlock would handle this investigation?

Matlock was a defense attorney. Andy Taylor was a sheriff. Speaking of which, I can't even imagine Deputy Barney Fife reacting to these stories. 😳

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Anela said:

The linked instagram thread concerns Epstein's relationship with former Harvard President Lawrence Summers, who led the university in 2003, when Epstein made his $6.5 million donation. Lawrence Bacow (former president of Tufts) became President of Harvard last year.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

19 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Prince Andrew was seen getting foot massage from young woman at Epstein's apartment – report

Did he learn nothing from his ex-wife's infamous toe-sucking photo? Wait, I just answered my own question.

• Laugh 10

10 minutes ago, Pallas said:

The linked instagram thread concerns Epstein's relationship with former Harvard President Lawrence Summers, who led the university in 2003, when Epstein made his $6.5 million donation. Lawrence Bacow (former president of Tufts) became President of Harvard last year.

Harvard also sent out an email today to all staff apologizing for taking Epstein’s money. 

• Like 7
  • Surprise 1

M.I.T. is exploding, but I don't see it or Harvard giving back the money. They are all making noises about giving money to organizations that serve girls and women who have been exploiting.

MIT Media Lab researchers quit over hub's ties to Jeffrey Epstein

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mit-media-lab-epstein-ties-cause-two-researchers-quit/

MIT says it's reviewing donations from Jeffrey Epstein

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/23/us/jeffrey-epstein-mit-donations/index.html

I am writing to apologize to Jeffrey Epstein’s victims by Seth Lloyd, MIT

https://medium.com/@sqlloyd/i-am-writing-to-apologize-to-jeffrey-epsteins-victims-eee805c4f13

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

M.I.T. is exploding, but I don't see it or Harvard giving back the money. They are all making noises about giving money to organizations that serve girls and women who have been exploiting.

My sister’s job is a position where she is employed by Harvard but works at M.I.T so she gets communications from both and keeps noting the different responses, so far no all staff email from M.I.T..

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 5

France officially opened an investigation.

A French charity said this week they had collected 10 witness statements from either victims of Epstein's sexual abuse or someone who witnessed it.

Innocence en Danger (Innocence in Danger), which defends the rights of minors against violence and sexual abuse, said the alleged violations took place on French territory and may have involved French citizens.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

My sister’s job is a position where she is employed by Harvard but works at M.I.T so she gets communications from both and keeps noting the different responses, so far no all staff email from M.I.T..

Now there's a shock. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Prince Andrew was seen getting foot massage from young woman at Epstein's apartment – report

Incident was recounted in an email exchange between a prominent US literary agent and author Evgeny Morozov

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/22/prince-andrew-epstein-foot-massage

He was obviously only there to find out how to get away from there. And I'm sure he was "shocked and appalled" by the "young woman" who absolutely did not "massage his feet".

The British establishment have more skeletons in their closets than most Hollywood people could dream of, and an entire country's media and police and political system is set up to keep it hidden. Jimmy Savile and Cyril Smith were the tip of a disgusting iceberg that we'll never get to the bottom of.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

On 8/5/2019 at 3:06 PM, SimoneS said:

That is not fair. There was nothing that Sheryl Crow could have done. The only people who might have had the chance to stop Michael Jackson was his family, but I am not sure what could they could have because of all his money, success, power, and influence. 

If she knew, or even suspected, abuse she should (not could) have gone to the police.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brookside said:

If she knew, or even suspected, abuse she should (not could) have gone to the police.

There nothing in her statement to suggest that Crow knew or suspected abuse. She only says that how much time Safechuck spent on the tour made her wonder what his parents were thinking. Most of the articles are reading a lot into one pretty brief statement.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Harvard also sent out an email today to all staff apologizing for taking Epstein’s money. 

We need an eye roll button.

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, Dani said:

There nothing in her statement to suggest that Crow knew or suspected abuse. She only says that how much time Safechuck spent on the tour made her wonder what his parents were thinking. Most of the articles are reading a lot into one pretty brief statement.

Yeah on the long list of people who I find fault with for failing to take action on the MJ front Sheryl Crow doesn’t make my list. 

• Like 14

Here's an NPR story about how Epstein was able to use his power, money and influence to quash media attention.

A coterie of intimidating lawyers. A deployment of charm. An aura of invincibility. A five-figure donation to a New York Times reporter's favored nonprofit. A bullet delivering a message. Even, it is alleged, a cat's severed head in the front yard of the editor-in-chief of Vanity Fair.

• Useful 1
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 5

On 8/23/2019 at 11:06 AM, biakbiak said:

Harvard also sent out an email today to all staff apologizing for taking Epstein’s money

Which I'm guessing ended with "...but he's dead now so we're keeping the money."

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1