Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

Hollywood's Dirty Little (Open) Secrets: Harvey Weinstein and Others Like Him

8 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Well, that would explain why someone like Lucy Lawless, who did a genuinely hysterical Steve Knicks impersonation, never hosted again.

Lucy was in NYC while in Grease on Broadway. She did SNL while in town.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, rcc said:

Lucy was in NYC while in Grease on Broadway. She did SNL while in town.

Right, that would explain why she hosted initially, but I always wondered why she never came back. I remember her episode being a hit. Her having backstage drama and being disgusted by Chris Kattan would go a long way towards explaining why she never came back.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Right, that would explain why she hosted initially, but I always wondered why she never came back. I remember her episode being a hit. Her having backstage drama and being disgusted by Chris Kattan would go a long way towards explaining why she never came back.

Can't blame her. Chris seemed nasty then as he is now. The reason: I think Chris was always jealous of Wil. It would explain why he doesn't have the career Wil had. Chris made it all about himself being a victim. Go away, Kattan. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

That was sort of the height of her fame so it could also easily be that she wasn’t asked.

• Like 3

In general piggishness news.

Variety: Warner Bros. Reveals Details of Probe That Ousted 'Fuller House' Creator

"One woman said Franklin would talk about orgies he had over the weekend. Another woman, supported by a third, claimed that Franklin had his assistant request that all the writers come to his mansion and they were reminded multiple times to bring their bikinis. Franklin was also said to have complained about having to hire directors who were women or people of color, expressing preference for male writers, apologizing to his staff for not dating Jewish women, describing female directors as "all the same" and making sexualized comments.

"She is probably going to be pregnant next season," Franklin was attributed as saying on one occasion. "I wish I could make all the women on my staff get hysterectomies."

"She's one nose job away from a good f*** about one of the underage girls," went another comment."

• Surprise 13
  • Sad 3

Why do you guys think of the Ed Westwick stuff? I am living abroad and just now caught up with the case, apparently he's been cleared and Netflix is going to keep working with him? I remember at the time I believed the accusers because they seemed credible, but I didn't follow up on the investigations... I was a huge fan before, what is your guys opinion here, is he innocent or is it just another case of an abuser getting away with rape? 

Apparently it was a case of he said vs. she said, she said and she said. Three accusers makes me suspicious. If he is guilty I hope in the future he is caught, I don't think serial rapists just stop. Though it's better to hope that even if he is guilty he does stop, I don't want more women getting raped... maybe the fact he faced some consequences (losing a show on another network and Netflix paused his show second season for a year) is a silver lining. Not to mention the damage to his reputation, hopefully more women will be careful around him now (I know it's his responsability not to rape, but it's always good to know which men not to trust). 

God, working in Hollywood seems like such a dangerous thing for women (and children), I can't phantom it's worth it.

Edited by Dorne2.0
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

I suppose it's a question of one's goals. Aside from the paycheck, even the stuff people talk about as positives of a Hollywood career seem like they'd be horrible to me (fame, being on talk shows, having a whole staff of managers, assistants, and whatnot, constantly going to parties and industry events).

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

I suppose it's a question of one's goals. Aside from the paycheck, even the stuff people talk about as positives of a Hollywood career seem like they'd be horrible to me (fame, being on talk shows, having a whole staff of managers, assistants, and whatnot, constantly going to parties and industry events).

Yeah, I'd be the worst kind of celebrity, 'cause I'd try and stay as low-key as possible. I would love to go on a talk show like Colbert's, but only 'cause I like Colbert and it'd be fun to talk with him :D. Otherwise, I'd probably need somebody to help promote my work, 'cause I'd be total shit at that :p. 

And yes, hiring people to do stuff for me would just make me feel so awkward. 

• Like 7

Amen. Like, right now I could afford the $50 a month or so to hire a cleaning service to do my floors and a bit of scrubbing and dusting, and given the state of my home probably should. But having someone come in regularly to do that would just feel so weird and invasive.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, BetterButter said:

This is surprising that it's taken this long for him to be caught up in this after Weinstein got nailed.  He's been accused before, has been known as a douchestain for years, and has expressed some rather, not good opinions in regards to women.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jediknight said:

This is surprising that it's taken this long for him to be caught up in this after Weinstein got nailed.  He's been accused before, has been known as a douchestain for years, and has expressed some rather, not good opinions in regards to women.

I'm not surprised that he is a slimeball regarding women. He has that same air of contempt and arrogance that his father has. Remember all the things John Landis did regarding the Twilight Zone movie tragedy? He should have gotten serious jail time, but was able to charm the jury. No surprise that his son has the same sense of entitlement.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Jediknight said:

There have been many accusations/allegations but, just like Brian Singer, he has been a tough one to take down.   We'll see if this latest round does it but there are still people for whom Hollywood is prepared to ignore multiple allegations. 

• Like 6

Harvey Weinstein Loses Another Defense Lawyer

Harvey Weinstein has lost another defense lawyer, just three months before he is set to go on trial for rape and sexual assault.

Attorney Jose Baez told the judge overseeing the case that Weinstein had taken actions that made it difficult to represent him, according to a letter obtained by the New York Post. Baez also complained that Weinstein was ignoring their fee agreement.

Harvey Weinstein Reneged on Payoff to HR Director, Suit Claims

The former Human Resources director of the Weinstein Co. filed a lawsuit on Tuesday, claiming he never received a $450,000 payout he was promised in the wake of the New York Times’ expose in October 2017.

Frank Gil alleges that Weinstein promised him the money on Oct. 6, the day after the Times’ story ran. Weinstein had asked Gil to conduct an investigation to figure out who had leaked internal information about Weinstein’s alleged sexual harassment to the Times.

Within another two days, Weinstein would be fired. Gil was suspended the day after that, and later resigned. Gil is suing Weinstein for breach of contract, claiming the disgraced mogul reneged on a personal guarantee for the $450,000.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Attorney Jose Baez told the judge overseeing the case that Weinstein had taken actions that made it difficult to represent him, according to a letter obtained by the New York Post. Baez also complained that Weinstein was ignoring their fee agreement.

Gee, I am just so shocked that he would do this. 

• Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Wow, you'd think paying the people who are trying to keep you out of jail, or paying off the ones whose testimony might help put you there, might be a priority...

• Laugh 9

2 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

Wow, you'd think paying the people who are trying to keep you out of jail, or paying off the ones whose testimony might help put you there, might be a priority...

You would be amazed how many people stiff their attorneys.   Especially the ones who are irked they had to hire an attorney in the first place.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

42 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Kevin Sorbo accused by former co-star of pressuring her to sleep with him, shamed her on-set when she refused, and tried to get the director to add sex scenes between the two of them.

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/haley-webb-and-kevin-sorbo-the-latest-sexual-harassment-scandal/

Oh is that was what he was yammering about on twitter? I don’t follow him but a bunch of people responded to his #metoo has gone to far anyone can accuse anyone and people will believe them tweet and assumed that he was referring to the other high profile accusation that happened last week. 

2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Oh is that was what he was yammering about on twitter? I don’t follow him but a bunch of people responded to his #metoo has gone to far anyone can accuse anyone and people will believe them tweet and assumed that he was referring to the other high profile accusation that happened last week. 

The actress's tweet was a response to him claiming that feminists should support Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

• Surprise 2

2 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

The actress's tweet was a response to him claiming that feminists should support Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

I realize that from reading the article. I hadn’t seen the lead up only his tweet apparently responding to her by saying anyone could accuse anyone of anything on Twitter that others had commented on so didn’t realize that he was referring to himself when talking about being accused. 

Edited by biakbiak

50 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Kevin Sorbo accused by former co-star of pressuring her to sleep with him, shamed her on-set when she refused, and tried to get the director to add sex scenes between the two of them.

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/haley-webb-and-kevin-sorbo-the-latest-sexual-harassment-scandal/

Ugh, I wish I could say I was surprised by this, but I recall hearing about his vulgar and harassing on-set behavior via a mutual friend of one of the Andromeda writers back in the early 2000s, so it's his standard operating procedure. There's a reason I refer to him as Jerkules.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

LOL, no. 

I've never seen any of Sorbo's work, but I've heard a lot of negative stories about him over the years, so this news doesn't surprise me, either. 

• Like 4

Sorbo is a hypocrite. He professes to be a Christian family man and apparently on set he doesn't act like one.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

There's a reason I refer to him as Jerkules.

Ever since Chrissy Teigen called Sorbo "boy Xena", I can't think of him as anything else.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 17

55 minutes ago, krankydoodle said:

Ever since Chrissy Teigen called Sorbo "boy Xena", I can't think of him as anything else.

If he knows about that it probably pissed him off. Lol

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

1 hour ago, rcc said:

Sorbo is a hypocrite. He professes to be a Christian family man and apparently on set he doesn't act like one.

Well, he wouldn't be the first professing Christian man to walk with God when people are watching and then dance with the devil when they're not (to paraphrase author Julie Lessman).

• Like 15

1 hour ago, rcc said:

If he knows about that it probably pissed him off. Lol

It was in her response to something asinine he Tweeted last year I think. I don't think he ever replied, but it was one of the few times I saw the value of Twitter.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

12 hours ago, rcc said:

I always side eye people who frequently profess how religious they are. The only thing I ever watched Sorbo in was the show Andromeda. I liked the rest of the cast outside of his character more then him. He seems like he'd be a big complainer too.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I always side eye people who frequently profess how religious they are. The only thing I ever watched Sorbo in was the show Andromeda. I liked the rest of the cast outside of his character more then him. He seems like he'd be a big complainer too.

Same here. They always end up being ones with a lot of skeletons in the closet.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Anela said:

God damn it. Sorry, it's just that I love Judi Dench, and didn't expect this.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2019/jun/25/judi-dench-defends-work-of-kevin-spacey-and-harvey-weinstein

I have no words to say about that. Considering she grew up in a male-dominated society, you think she would show compassion at least. Come on, Judi. It's not 1967, anymore.

• Like 8