Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

Hollywood's Dirty Little (Open) Secrets: Harvey Weinstein and Others Like Him

Since Harvey Weinstein's history has come to light and it (rightly) won't be going away anytime soon, along with others like his, here's a place to discuss without overrunning show topics or Miscellaneous Celebrity News. 

• Like 2

The NYT has a big article on how movie producer Harvey Weinstein sexually harassing female employees for decades. Harvey is going to sue, but he does issue an apology of sorts.

I came of age in the ’60s and ’70s, when all the rules about behavior and workplaces were different. That was the culture then.

Oh, well, then, totally not your fault. Who knew it wasn't proper etiquette ask young female employees watch you shower during a business meeting? /s

• Like 22

2 hours ago, kili said:

The NYT has a big article on how movie producer Harvey Weinstein sexually harassing female employees for decades. Harvey is going to sue, but he does issue an apology of sorts.

Oh, well, then, totally not your fault. Who knew it wasn't proper etiquette ask young female employees watch you shower during a business meeting? /s

And then he quotes a Jay-Z song later in the statement, as if that makes look hip, or something.

BRING HIM DOWN, I say, Roger Ailes-style. I'm here for it.

• Like 8

Funny story: Apparently Weinstein's Jay-Z quote came directly out of his ass. I saw an article where someone did a Google search and turned up nothing. 

• Like 4

NPR and several other media outlets have been trying to do the Weinstein story for eons, because his "sexual misconduct" has long been one of Hollywood's most open secrets, but until this NYT story, no one was able to get enough people to go on record.  I wonder if this will lead other women to come forward, because I think there are some pretty big names out there who were subjected to his abuse.

• Like 13

When is the story going to break of the big Hollywood producer who's notorious for sexually abusing young male actors?  Corey Haim and Corey Feldman were supposedly both molested by bigwigs.  Feldman's book talked about it, but he used pseudonyms for the men he was accusing.  It's supposedly a large well-known secret in Hollywood.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Bastet said:

NPR and several other media outlets have been trying to do the Weinstein story for eons, because his "sexual misconduct" has long been one of Hollywood's most open secrets, but until this NYT story, no one was able to get enough people to go on record.  I wonder if this will lead other women to come forward, because I think there are some pretty big names out there who were subjected to his abuse.

They couldn't get enough women on the record because they had all signed Non-Disclosure Agreements in the settlements.   None of them had enough power/money to go against that.   Now the journalists are asking Weinstein and his lawyers to waive the NDAs so the women can talk.    I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

They couldn't get enough women on the record because they had all signed Non-Disclosure Agreements in the settlements.   None of them had enough power/money to go against that.   Now the journalists are asking Weinstein and his lawyers to waive the NDAs so the women can talk.    I'm not holding my breath.

I wonder if legally they could admit to signing a NDA without giving any details about what happened? 

18 hours ago, GaT said:

I wonder if legally they could admit to signing a NDA without giving any details about what happened? 

Probably, but the act of signing an NDA isn't an indication that the person requiring the NDA has done anything criminal. There are many reasons that you might want an employee to sign an NDA: financial issues that you don't want disclosed, medical issues, personal relationships, weird sexual practices, bad habits, or just innocuous things that might be detrimental to your image. Maybe Bradley Cooper is a nose picker, Helen Mirren and Taylor Hackford have a golden shower fetish, Megan Fox likes to wear regular grannie panties from Costco as her everyday underwear, or Jada and Will are secret Scientologists. None of these is illegal, but those celebrities would have good reasons for not wanting this info to get out. Harvey is a shitty person, but there were legit reasons for him to get NDAs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Probably, but the act of signing an NDA isn't an indication that the person requiring the NDA has done anything criminal. There are many reasons that you might want an employee to sign an NDA: financial issues that you don't want disclosed, medical issues, personal relationships, weird sexual practices, bad habits, or just innocuous things that might be detrimental to your image. Maybe Bradley Cooper is a nose picker, Helen Mirren and Taylor Hackford have a golden shower fetish, Megan Fox likes to wear regular grannie panties from Costco as her everyday underwear, or Jada and Will are secret Scientologists. None of these is illegal, but those celebrities would have good reasons for not wanting this info to get out. Harvey is a shitty person, but there were legit reasons for him to get NDAs.

Love how you snuck that in right at the end! ;)

• Like 7

Harvey Weinstein is the latest example of what happens when too much power falls into the worst hands, especially in Hollywood. His plans to sue the New York Times for libel despite admitting his guilt proves how delusional he is. Then again, that's typical of a sexual predator who has not only harassed women for decades, he bribed and/or bullied his victims to cover his own evil, disgusting ass. It would be karmic justice if Hollywood blackballed Weinstein the way he threatened to blackball any women who dared to expose him, no pun intended.

No sympathy for Mark Salling, either. He's even worse than Harvey Weinstein because his victims were children. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who abuses children especially sexually is the lowest of the low and deserves whatever suffering they get. 

O.J. Simpson is the worst of all. His post-parole behavior proves that he hasn't changed for the better and never will. As for those who are still his fans, to quote Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars Episode IV, "Who's the bigger fool-the fool or the fool who follows?"

Edited by DollEyes
  • Like 18

Harvey Weinstein Is Fired After Sexual Harassment Reports

I had no idea that 1/3 of the board resigned on Friday, I wonder why? And one of the remaining board members said that it has been brought to their attention that Weinstein had violated the company's code of conduct in the past week. In the past week????? What the hell did he do? And weren't all those sexual harassment accusations over the years violations of the company's code of conduct? I think there is a lot of this story still to come out.

• Like 10

53 minutes ago, raezen said:

Wow,  a lot of unexpected people are getting taken down in the Harvey Weinstein scandal, becauseI'm never looking at Matt Damon the same way again.

https://www.thewrap.com/media-enablers-harvey-weinstein-new-york-times/

Unbelievable. I scrolled down after reading the story in your link & found this story

https://www.thewrap.com/reporter-harvey-weinstein-masturbated-front/

I can't believe this asshole got away with all this crap for so many years, and I'm sure he's not the only one.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GaT said:

I can't believe this asshole got away with all this crap for so many years, and I'm sure he's not the only one.

I can.  I can totally believe it.

• Like 24

I love how everyone is "speaking" out now.   They knew these things were happening but didn't want to get blacklisted so they looked the other way.   Even when women did speak out, everyone denounced the women to protect themselves rather than speak out against Weinstein.  It finally took someone with power in her own right to bring him down.

• Like 15

I just saw part of an interview that Megyn Kelly did with Ms Sivan. She said how quickly the sexual act (masterbation in front of her) was over. I don't think it was a sexual act per se for HW. I see it more as him exerting his power over a woman and in a degrading way. I'm sure he is not the only entertainment/Hollywood person to get away with such acts. It's about time that woman are allowed to voice and be heard about men do to us. Even on a daily basis to average women in average jobs. I sincerely hope that TPTB don't let him (HW) get away with his misdeeds. 

• Like 10

8 hours ago, GaT said:

How long did Roger Ailes get away with it? How long did Bill O'Reilly get away with it?

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I just saw part of an interview that Megyn Kelly did with Ms Sivan. She said how quickly the sexual act (masterbation in front of her) was over. I don't think it was a sexual act per se for HW. I see it more as him exerting his power over a woman and in a degrading way. I'm sure he is not the only entertainment/Hollywood person to get away with such acts. 

I think that is what seems most interesting about these types of cases. Weinstein is enough of a Hollywood big shot and there are enough aspiring actresses out there that would do anything to be in a movie that there must have been people constantly throwing themselves at him for any kind of consentual thing he could want just for a chance. But even so he still would choose to harass people who have no interest in it. Of course on top of being interesting it makes it extra sleazy, and I think it kind of makes some people not able to believe these kind of things could be true.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I think that is what seems most interesting about these types of cases. Weinstein is enough of a Hollywood big shot and there are enough aspiring actresses out there that would do anything to be in a movie that there must have been people constantly throwing themselves at him for any kind of consentual thing he could want just for a chance. But even so he still would choose to harass people who have no interest in it. Of course on top of being interesting it makes it extra sleazy, and I think it kind of makes some people not able to believe these kind of things could be true.

But he doesn't have the power of the conquest if they are throwing themselves at him. He wants girls he can intimidate and are uncomfortable with what he is making them party to. 

• Like 21

35 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Well if you believe the Gawker article from two years ago, some of the women were actresses who did acquiesce for their careers. I don't know if it can truly be consensual in some cases if they felt coerced, because let's face it, there is still a major power differential there it is still harassment even if you finally do participate.  But some probably were consensual seeing it as a shortcut to fame.

More interesting is that people are pretending to be shocked now when that article from two years ago, complete with tweets, claims this was an open secret. 

As someone on twitter so aptly said 'they aren't outraged because he was found out, they are outraged because we found out.' referring to the company.

• Like 12

On 10/5/2017 at 2:04 PM, Silver Raven said:

Presuming that he can even find a place to live.  Megan's Law in California is so draconian, you pretty well have to live five miles out in the middle of nowhere in order to live up to the law after release.

On 10/5/2017 at 2:07 PM, Drogo said:

Good. 

Yeah, I'm not gonna cry for him either. I'm sorry his life is ruined, I guess, but considering how relatively little time Jared Fogle got in comparison, whatever this investigation turned up must have been foul.

• Like 7

On 10/7/2017 at 2:28 PM, HunterHunted said:

Why do you hurt me?

• Like 10

On 10/9/2017 at 7:56 AM, DearEvette said:

I can.  I can totally believe it.

Regarding Harvey Weinstein (&, to a certain extent, Roger Ailes & Bill O'Reilly), the "casting couch", as it's known in Hollywood/known by those familiar with Hollywood, has been going on as far back as the 1910's, according to this entry in Wikipedia. I hadn't heard of it that far back, but as someone who follows what goes on in Hollywood/the entertainment industry, I had heard of it going on back in Hollywood after that & up to, but probably not limited to, the incidents involving Harvey Weinstein (& probably with other current Hollywood bigwigs, as the poster who mentioned Matt Damon at least implied). So, yeah, @DearEvette, (& @GaT), you're right in believing stuff like what Weinstein pulled has been going on in Hollywood. And, also according to the linked Wikipedia article, it apparently happens in other occupations as well.

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To add reference to a poster. Then to add a missing parenthesis.
  • Like 2

Things are always described as an "open secret."  (It's an open secret that so-and-so is gay, etc.)  Can someone explain the difference to me between an open secret and a rumor (that turns out to be true)? 

Some of the women in the article allyw posted comment on having heard rumors.  Just because everyone has heard a rumor doesn't mean that it's something that everyone knows is true but doesn't talk about.  Maybe the reason they don't talk about it is because it is, as far as they know, an unsubstantiated rumor, and people don't want to be rumormongers.

Edited by janie jones
  • Like 11

20 hours ago, raezen said:

Wow,  a lot of unexpected people are getting taken down in the Harvey Weinstein scandal, becauseI'm never looking at Matt Damon the same way again.

https://www.thewrap.com/media-enablers-harvey-weinstein-new-york-times/

I have no love lost for Damon after the Project Greenlight incident but it's unclear of what Damon knew.  He called vouching for Lombardo who was a Miramax exec.  The reporter was investigating Lombardo's true role, however, which was rumored to be a purveyor of women for Harvey.  So it's unclear to me how much he knew of the whole story but given the reporting, it's going to be hard for him to not issue a statement.

8 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Well if you believe the Gawker article from two years ago, some of the women were actresses who did acquiesce for their careers. I don't know if it can truly be consensual in some cases if they felt coerced, because let's face it, there is still a major power differential there it is still harassment even if you finally do participate.  But some probably were consensual seeing it as a shortcut to fame.

Rose McGowan has referred to her "rapist" which implies that something physical happened but she apparently is under a NDA.  I'm not surprised actresses aren't speaking out about acquiescing to his sexual demands in order to hope Harvey boosts their careers.  It doesn't matter that it's a textbook example of sexual harassment, it will be seen as sleeping their way to the top and their careers will be viewed as less legitimate.

1 hour ago, allyw said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/09/movies/dench-close-streep-weinstein.html

Actresses speaking out and reading Meryl's statement made me wish she didn't say anything as I'm a fan of hers.  She basically made it all about her not knowing when this has been an open secret for years.

I posted this in the thread that's in the movies section but I'll post it here as well.  Angelina Burnett talks about her experiences with these types in the industry but also how she ended up flabbergasted when a good/friend colleague was accused of sexual harassment. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I have no love lost for Damon after the Project Greenlight incident but it's unclear of what Damon knew.  He called vouching for Lombardo who was a Miramax exec.  The reporter was investigating Lombardo's true role, however, which was rumored to be a purveyor of women for Harvey.  So it's unclear to me how much he knew of the whole story but given the reporting, it's going to be hard for him to not issue a statement.

Rose McGowan has referred to her "rapist" which implies that something physical happened but she apparently is under a NDA.  I'm not surprised actresses aren't speaking out about acquiescing to his sexual demands in order to hope Harvey boosts their careers.  It doesn't matter that it's a textbook example of sexual harassment, it will be seen as sleeping their way to the top and their careers will be viewed as less legitimate.

I posted this in the thread that's in the movies section but I'll post it here as well.  Angelina Burnett talks about her experiences with these types in the industry but also how she ended up flabbergasted when a good/friend colleague was accused of sexual harassment. 

2 hours ago, janie jones said:

Things are always described as an "open secret."  (It's an open secret that so-and-so is gay, etc.)  Can someone explain the difference to me between an open secret and a rumor (that turns out to be true)? 

Some of the women in the article allyw posted comment on having heard rumors.  Just because everyone has heard a rumor doesn't mean that it's something that everyone knows is true but doesn't talk about.  Maybe the reason they don't talk about it is because it is, as far as they know, an unsubstantiated rumor, and people don't want to be rumormongers.

Sorry but the fact that you had older women warning younger ones to either go in pairs or dress dowdy when meeting with him showed that Hollywood (actors, producers, agents etc) knew that something was amiss with him even though they may not have known the extent of it. So I don't for a second buy that "not everybody knew"  shit that Meryl Streep is peddling.

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, allyw said:

Sorry but the fact that you had older women warning younger ones to either go in pairs or dress dowdy when meeting with him showed that Hollywood (actors, producers, agents etc) knew that something was amiss with him even though they may not have known the extent of it. So I don't for a second buy that "not everybody knew"  shit that Meryl Streep is peddling.

That's just it, Meryl's not a young powerless ingenue.  She was established before Harvey was.  She wouldn't have received those warnings. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, allyw said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/09/movies/dench-close-streep-weinstein.html

Actresses speaking out and reading Meryl's statement made me wish she didn't say anything as I'm a fan of hers.  She basically made it all about her not knowing when this has been an open secret for years.

And then she would have been criticized for not saying anything.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I agree, I don't think you can 'win' with something like this. If you don't come forward, you're seen as tacitly accepting it, and if you do come forward then the question becomes "Why did it take you so long?"

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I agree, I don't think you can 'win' with something like this. If you don't come forward, you're seen as tacitly accepting it, and if you do come forward then the question becomes "Why did it take you so long?"

She used twice as many words to describe all the ways in which she didn't know compared to how she felt about the accusations.  It comes off really badly for her.  It feels like she is protesting too much and is doing damage control.  She should have used a couple words to reference that these are new accusations to her but not emphasize it. Her publicist is a moron to let that middle paragraph of her statement happen. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

It doesn't matter that it's a textbook example of sexual harassment, it will be seen as sleeping their way to the top and their careers will be viewed as less legitimate.

Unfortunately this is true.  This is the rumor that has dogged Gretchen Mol her entire career.

15 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Not only  that, but people are going to be paying attention to which actresses who have had some relationship with Harvey and/or Miramax who aren't saying anything.  Because in addition to criticism, there is going to be speculation.  However, I also think Meryl's "not everybody knew" was tone deaf.  It comes off as defensive rather that wholly condemnatory.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ParadoxLost said:

She used twice as many words to describe all the ways in which she didn't know compared to how she felt about the accusations.  It comes off really badly for her.  It feels like she is protesting too much and is doing damage control.  She should have used a couple words to reference that these are new accusations to her but not emphasize it. Her publicist is a moron to let that middle paragraph of her statement happen. 

Damage control for who, though? Weinstein? Herself? Somebody else? Because you're really proving my point, condemning  Streep for not saying what she said in a more succinct manner when she could have chosen to say nothing at all, and I'm not sure that would have been better.

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

That's just it, Meryl's not a young powerless ingenue.  She was established before Harvey was.  She wouldn't have received those warnings. 

I never said she was a powerless ingenue but the fact that women were being warned showed that people knew what was going on so I don't find it a stretch to think that she and other Hollywood people knew.  And like @ParadoxLost, I found her statement to be very defensive and all about her rather than the victims. 

• Like 1

Not that I'm following this closely but from what I gather in this thread, female actors seem to feel the need to defend themselves in public statements insisting they didn't know.

I'm wondering where all the public statements from the male actors are to tell the world they didn't know. Are there any? If there were rumors for years then why don't the male actors feel the need to defend themselves? They don't care because they won't now be under suspicion that they slept their way to the top? 

I can't believe the double-standards sometimes.

• Like 23

1 minute ago, allyw said:

I never said she was a powerless ingenue but the fact that women were being warned showed that people knew what was going on so I don't find it a stretch to think that she and other Hollywood people knew.  And like @ParadoxLost, I found her statement to be very defensive and all about her rather than the victims. 

I can believe that not everyone knew. I think actresses who have to compete and audition for every role and are actively involved in the Hollywood social circuit to advance their careers would have known what was going on, but not necessarily someone like Streep who lives in Connecticut, I believe, probably has not had to audition for a role in 40 years, and has producers and directors courting her with scripts and offers.

• Like 9

I was watching the first hour of GMA this morning & they said, in talking about the Weinstein scandal, that George Clooney has said he's known about it for years (I can't remember now, unfortunately, if they were quoting an official statement he issued through his publicist or an answer to a question he may have gotten while he, or he & Amal (his wife), & possibly friends/family, were out in public somewhere--but it presumably had to be 1 or the other to get the comment they attributed to him).

The Weinstein brothers, who founded Miramax (I think the name came from a blending of either their parents or grandparents first names--that's the story I've always heard though right now I can't remember if it was their parents or grandparents names that were used) left that studio--which, perhaps ironically, was owned by The Walt Disney Company for the first 17 years of its existence; it was sold by them to Filmyard Holdings, a joint venture of 3 different corporations, I guess it is, including the Qatar Investment Company. In 2016, they transferred ownership to the current owner, Qatar-based beIN Media Group--in, or somewhere before, 2005. So the shenanigans there ended around then; mostly because Harvey founded (or at least he alone is credited as founding, though Harvey & his brother are said to own 42% of the company, according to press reports) a new company called The Weinstein Company. They're apparently considered a movie studio, but they have many divisions, in other forms of media, including TV & book publishing (& MSNBC Morning Joe co-anchor Mika Brzezinski has a 3-book deal with an imprint, as they call it in the publishing world, owned by The Weinstein Company which she said she won't go through with unless Harvey was fired, so presumably she'll go through with it now; she had also called for people who work in other forms of media included in The Weinstein Company's umbrella not to work for the company until he was fired). So the shenanigans should also be credited to happening at that company as well, which it didn't seem was happening.

I've also heard reports that they're trying to figure out a way to have the Weinstein name removed from the company because of Harvey's shenanigans (even though the brothers together own 42% of the company, according to press reports). I suppose I can't blame them--guilt by association, & all that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

George Clooney has said he's known about it for years (I can't remember now, unfortunately, if they were quoting an official statement he issued through his publicist or an answer to a question he may have gotten while he, or he & Amal (his wife), & possibly friends/family, were out in public somewhere--but it presumably had to be 1 or the other to get the comment they attributed to him).

It's in the Everything Else Movies Thread/The Business: Rumors, News, analysis and more

Here is the link to the Clooney's statement.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, supposebly said:

I'm wondering where all the public statements from the male actors are to tell the world they didn't know. Are there any? If there were rumors for years then why don't the male actors feel the need to defend themselves? They don't care because they won't now be under suspicion that they slept their way to the top?

Just to play Devil's Advocate for one second, I think there's something to be said for the idea that people are quicker to defend a woman than a man. Back however long ago in the Movies section, there was a similar discussion about something unrelated to Weinstein, and I made the error of mentioning the actresses who continue to work with the likes of David O. Russell, Woody Allen and even Roman Polanski despite their various shenanigans, both legal and not. I only call it an error because I was pretty quickly criticized for not being fast enough to bring the men who do the same thing into it, as if anyone needs my help with "all men are pigs who should rot in hell." If we're to truly cast the net wide enough, get those who are complicit as well as the guilty parties, then that seems to sadly include the likes of George Clooney. Whether Meryl Streep knew or didn't know or might have known, George is saying he did, so when do we take after him with torches and pitchforks after we pledge to never watch another of his movies?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

George is saying he did, so when do we take after him with torches and pitchforks after we pledge to never watch another of his movies?

I think that won't happen while I do feel like people are going after Meryl Streep as if she had a bigger responsibility to speak up than someone like George Clooney. Fact is, many have benefited from Weinstein and many have ignored the implications of the persistent rumors. I'm just worried that it simply will turn around and careers of female actors are now made suspect. Obviously not Meryl Streep's or Judi Dench's but others.

Edited by supposebly
  • Like 2

You know, reading George Clooney's interview, I kinda get why I am vaguely dissatisfied with Meryl's.  It isn't because she's a woman.  I think that anyone who has a close relationship with Weinstein and benefitted from his power should speak out against him, male or female.  So in that sense  I am glad she at least said something (I am not holding my breath waiting for Matt Damon, who I honestly think is an entitled POS himself, or Gwyneth Paltrow who is too busy in her rarefied 'look at me I am rich' lifestyle). 

But I like that George acknowledged that at least he had heard something about the casting couch stuff and seems introspective about his own reactions in making the distinction between that and the criminal stuff.  I get that Meryl is such Hollywood royalty that the darker rumors about the harrassment & assault may not have made it to her ears, but like it says in the Clooney article, the idea of the casting couch is so ingrained in Hwood culture and history that the stories of Weinstein using it can't have been a complete surprise.  And even if you are willing to concede that there are some actresses who are ok with it and see it as a price of fame, you can't help but acknowledge that there is a slippery slope there.  And if he is a casting couch producer that at least some of the women were coerced if not downright forced. 

George makes a rather provocative statement that I wish he had followed up on where he says 'I’d like to think that if someone came up to me and told me this was going on that I would go out and confront it.'  Because I think that is the crux of the matter.  He was candid about how cynical but accepting when it was just rumors about sleeping with actresses.  Happens all the time, people weren't looking for anything more sinister.  But would he have really done anything about it if he'd suspected what Harvey was really doing?  I like that he is grappling with that to me it makes what he is saying sound more sincere than what Meryl is saying.

May not be a valid reaction to their respective statements, but it is the one I can't help having.

• Like 16

Well George did a longer and in depth interview about what he knew. 

Did Meryl go as in depth?  No.  But no one did so I don't know why she's being singled out.  I think we can just say that Clooney gave one of the better reflections on this matter.

And I don't see any reason to be upset with what he said. He knew of the casting couch rumors but also realizes that it's the kind of gossip used to try to discredit actresses so he dismissed them.  I would too.  In fact, I do when I read the BS on the internet.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 17

And now the heavy-hitters are coming out to confirm Weinstein's years of sexual harassment. 

Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie say they were harassed.

It's amazing reading this article and a reminder, if people didn't already know, how dirty and corrupt Hollywood is and how despite all the tabloids and social media, there is still so much that stays hidden. As awful as the situation must have been for Gwyneth, keep in mind she continued to work with the Weinstein company and Harvey for years. Hell Weinstein Company and films made Gwyneth's career. I'm now creeped out remembering her little cute aside, when presenting at the Globes one year, that the show wasn't the same without Harvey because no Weinstein films were nominated that year. And this is a woman who came from some Hollywood connection. Imagine the ones with none, starting from scratch.

And great that Brad stood up for her but again, he said nothing for years (not sure how much he worked with them though and in fairness, I guess it was Gwyneth's right to speak about the situation and make it public, not his). And kudos to Angelina for never working with him or the company after what happened to her but again, silence for years. Never said anything. It's just amazing. I've always said that Hollywood is like its own little secret club. People think they know stuff because of some tabloid rumors but I'm sure there is so much shit that is never public because many of them are dirty and so they're all just keeping their heads down and ignoring the bad stuff about each other.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 8