Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: Things Bad Begun/S03.E16 Sleigh Ride

• Start Topic

My bad for not paying 100% attention but one second Diana was laying on a bed unconscious(?)  never shown again.  I didn't even hear what her prognosis was.  Did she die?  If she did, Alicia got over it pretty quick.

• Love 6

Nope, they just dropped Diana right there, no ending or closure for us.

I just learned that Gimple is executive producer (he wasn't always) and will be for next season, so I am thinking about jumping ship with some people from the live thread. I enjoy Alycia Debnam-Carey, but Gimple turned TWD into a sh*tshow long ago, I can't go through that again.

• Love 3

It really bothers me when shows do that thing where you think a character is dead, but then they pop up again.  If Nick and Daniel show up next season, my eyes may roll out of my head.  Those two really should be dead after that ending, and that'll be like the 66th time Daniel will have cheated death.    

• Love 5

That iritatingly erudite MC President  sure reminded me of the Sons of Anarchy character US Attorney Lincoln Potter played by Ray McKinnon.  But I can't find confirmation of that one way or another.

Edited by Rock knocker
grammar
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, Rock knocker said:

That iritatingly erudite MC President reminded me sure reminded me of the Sons of Anarchy character US Attorney Lincoln Potter played by Ray McKinnon.  But I can't find confirmation of that one way or another.

Yeah, that's definitely him.  He was in Sond of Anarchy and Deadwood with Dayton Callie and Kim Dickens. 

Edited by cherrybomb
  • Love 4

Well, I guess I'll give the show credit for continuing to dip into the Deadwood pool with Ray McKinnon showing up as Proctor John.  Too bad his character mainly seemed to be competing with Negan over on the mothership on giving the most long-winded speeches possible, but I'll take it.

So, of course, the season ends on a cliffhanger where fucking Madison of all people is the only one who we know for sure will be back.  It's pretty bad that I was rooting for her death, but it would have at least been kind of interesting to see where the rest of them go.  But nope, she'll be back and more then likely fucking things up for everyone.  That said, I doubt anyone is dead.  This is probably just a way to splinter everyone up, with Nick and Daniel off doing their own thing, while Alicia and Strand do theirs (I'm guessing they'll end up floating to the same spot.)

Oh, noes!  The Lola character that I barely felt like I got to know got killed!  How will I live with myself?!!

Fare thee well, Troy.  You died as you lived: being a total psychopathic nutcase.  At least you knew what you were, you silly little ball of crazy!

Way to spoil everything, show, by showing all of actors playing the so-called dead characters in the credits, so it was painfully obvious that we were going to get some kind of silly vision with them.  Although, Cliff Curtis somehow looked bored even in the few seconds he was in it.  He really wants to get ready to work on Avatar and get that James Cameron movie money!

Glad Walker and Crazy Dog are both still alive.  If they were smart, they'd make sure to not get anywhere close to the Clarks again.

Are we ever going to find out what happened to Luciana?

And so Fear the Walking Dead ends like it does every other season: basically a major disappointment that only gets by thanks to some of its cast (mainly Ruben Blades, Colman Domingo, and sometimes Alycia Debnam-Carey, depending on the material.)  And, yet, I'll probably be back for reasons I can't figure out.  Especially since the show seems set to find different way to get Alycia in a tank-top, which I heartily approve.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, patty1h said:

My bad for not paying 100% attention but one second Diana was laying on a bed unconscious(?)  never shown again.  I didn't even hear what her prognosis was.  Did she die?  If she did, Alicia got over it pretty quick.

Completely bogus scene. She is lying there with an exposed bone break, walkers are closing in and the scene cuts to the next scene where Alicia tells the dude she dressed the wound on site then dragged Diane there. Doc said Alicia saved her life with her skills. 

Never mind that we are supposed to believe that they were t-boned by a truckload of cholos but somehow chased them all away.  

When Troy made that strange pass at Madison, why didn't she maintain a more reasonable distance from him and adapt her more authoritarian role? Troy was being weird, but hadn't escalated to the point that Madison needed to timid. 

When Strand slipped Madison the gun, the next scene revealed that a proctor was looking directly at them. No way the proctors didn't shoot Nick before that long drawn out scene. 

Since Madison wasn't dreaming or drugged, what was the basis for the hallucinations?

• Love 6

I dozed off 3 times during this season finale, and have no idea WTF was going on. Why TF is Madison still alive? Grrr. Is it bad that I wish everyone had died? Like wipe the slate clean and start it off again with new people? 

Madison can't even act scared enough while she's trying not to get dragged down a metaphorical hole. She just looks like she had a painful bowel movement.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Rock knocker said:

That iritatingly erudite MC President  sure reminded me of the Sons of Anarchy character US Attorney Lincoln Potter played by Ray McKinnon.  But I can't find confirmation of that one way or another.

That was indeed him..that thinly-veiled reference to the show"MC raising hell in California" confirmed it LOL

• Love 4
9 hours ago, patty1h said:

It really bothers me when shows do that thing where you think a character is dead, but then they pop up again.  If Nick and Daniel show up next season, my eyes may roll out of my head.  Those two really should be dead after that ending, and that'll be like the 66th time Daniel will have cheated death.    

Seriously, a whole bunch of people are either dead...or alive. Nick, Daniel, Stand, Alicia, Bossman Proctor, the doctor (who I thought was kind of cool), Alicia's friend. IN some respects, even Walker and Crazy Dog, even though we saw them walking off on their own two feet.

To think, all these careers (well, not Ruben's) resting on Gimple's vision of the future of this show. If only Gimple HAD a vision.

Good luck with that!

• Love 9

This Forbes review seems to be under the impression that this is a much much better show than it actually is, but I do like that it referenced Madison's reverse Midas touch in that you know wherever she shows up or anything she touches is going to go to shit.  I kind of love that with the bizarre dream sequences, the show dispensed with all the hemming and hawing that the mothershow inspires with Rick and the gang on that front and just acknowledged outright that she's left a pretty hefty death toll in her wake, intentionally or not, for the show's comparatively short timeline.  If we're going to continue to follow the adventures of Madison and crew, they should probably tattoo a big skull and crossbones on her forehead so any new groups she comes across knows exactly what they're dealing with.

It's amusing though that that review isn't full of confidence that Gimple won't "ruin" this show too, if such a thing is possible.

I'm not sure how much of a cliffhanger it really is when you don't really all that much care whether any of these people survive or not.  Ending the season as it does with a massive explosion could had given us the opportunity many of us have been clamoring for to wipe out the bulk of the cast and start over, but they had to show us the one character most of us probably could agree should go surviving to climb out of the water.  So while most of them obviously should be dead, I'm not terribly optimistic that any of them really will be.

Rest under several tons of exploded concrete, Troy.  You were easily a dozen different shades of crazy and may have had a weird surrogate mommy incest vibe with the lead, but your wacky high jinks with Nick made his screen time more tolerable and less ponderous to sit through.

• Love 10

It was entertaining enough that ill probably keep watching but they need to get a better supporting cast and its possible now since they got rid off all of them this episode. I really didnt like the "dream sequence" just stretched everything out.

• Love 2

The problem is none of these people like or care about each other so why should I? I think what sets the show apart from the original is the sense of family from the very beginning. Daniel hates them all, Strand tolerates the Clark's, Alicia has deep seat resentment towards Nick, Travis hated Strand, Madison hated Chris, Chris hated everyone including his father .. I hate them all. 

• Love 10

I still don't understand the weird relationship between Madison and Nick. I mean when I watched again last night for the finale, if I didn't know they were supposed to be mother and son, I would think they were a couple that constantly had back and forth. It's so weird.

I will say that I give them props for Nick actually blowing up the dam. That I didn't think would happen. I'm thinking the crossover should be with Negan and that other guy who is more annoying than Negan. Maybe they can talk each other to death.

• Love 7

What I will never, ever understand is why every other group of survivors the Clark's encounter find them the most beautiful, smart, brave and natural leader types that ever lived and they have to jump up to the top of the food chain and lead???  The characters as written have never demonstrated any unique traits that warrant any of that type of adulation accept for the fact the script says that everybody has to be impressed by each and everyone of them..

At least on the mothership of TWD Rick's group has grown and established their reputation as bad asses..  Not these Clark's..    Also, they 1st portrayed Strand as the "man who had the plan" and was 5 steps ahead of everyone. now it always falls to shit for him and he has become a Madison Minion.. which pisses me off.

Finally, I never, understood what the hell they were doing with Madison and Troy.., still don't understand why she beat him to death at this point when she knows he massacred families, in the past etc...

I hate the show and hate that I keep watching because I think it will eventually get better.

Edited by tiredofwork
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, tiredofwork said:

I hate the show and hate that I keep watching because I think it will eventually get better.

Me too. Like there will be a point to all of this. Maybe we can form a 12-step group. "Hi, I'm Superclam, and I watch bad tv..." 

• Love 8

It's funny, and perhaps telling, that no one on this board (unless I missed it) has said one word about the Christmas dinner flashback. Now, I happen to like Twin Peaks kind of strangeness. And at first I was intrigued. But it seemed to fail for me. Okay, I get the people who Madison were responsible for their deaths...and I know that at a point earlier in the show, Madison had mentioned making Christmas dinner...and Nick's and Lucianna's baby maybe being a Walker was kind of cool...but what does it ALL mean??? At the risk of having someone yell at me for mentioning the mother ship, was this supposed to be like Rick's hallucination on the RV-top as he battled Negan? If so, then they certainly failed with the novelty.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, tiredofwork said:

Finally, I never, understood what the hell they were doing with Madison and Troy.., still don't understand why she beat him to death at this point when she knows he massacred families, in the past etc...

I think she did that because she was really invested in living on that ranch so she was pissed off at him for destroying it so thoroughly. I tell you what though, Daniel is one lucky bastard.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

It's funny, and perhaps telling, that no one on this board (unless I missed it) has said one word about the Christmas dinner flashback. Now, I happen to like Twin Peaks kind of strangeness. And at first I was intrigued. But it seemed to fail for me. Okay, I get the people who Madison were responsible for their deaths...and I know that at a point earlier in the show, Madison had mentioned making Christmas dinner...and Nick's and Lucianna's baby maybe being a Walker was kind of cool...but what does it ALL mean??? At the risk of having someone yell at me for mentioning the mother ship, was this supposed to be like Rick's hallucination on the RV-top as he battled Negan? If so, then they certainly failed with the novelty.

None of that made sense. When did she have that dream/hallucination? When she was drowning? Except that the first part happened long before then. As for the dinner guests, Taqa, Daniel, and Strand are all still alive (or at least were at the time of the dream). Madison wasn't responsible for bald-bearded guys death, other than in the sense that she's been responsible for just about every death in this show. Is it a clue that Strand, Daniel, and Alicia are all dead now? What about Taqa, though, he wasn't in any danger of death at the end of the episode. Heck, Nick was in danger of dying, and he was alive in the dream. Who am I kidding? Probably the only meaning was to pad out the episode.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

I mentioned above that Madison was neither drugged or sleeping so where did the hallucinations come from? If she isn't having these visions, what's the point? After that I didn't put much effort into determining whether the hallucinations actually meant something. I mean I thought the baby Lucinda was holding was a monster by Madison's reaction, but I guess not.

• Love 2

I really wish that this show actually added characters to the group. Every season of TWD they add 1 or 2 people to the group so that it expands. This show either every new person dies or the disappear never to be seen again. Are Walker and Crazy Dog going to find the plane crash chick and Alicia's boat stacker. Or maybe even Luciana and the people from the hotel that we just assume are dead because the show wants us to forget they ever existed. What's the point in the characters if they are just going to be killed because of or by the Clark family. The show would be better if they made these people relevant to the story and not props for Madison to manipulate.

Can someone explain to me the logic of Nick telling his family to take a boat when he is planning on blowing the dam and not a car where they can just drive away. But there wouldn't be a cliffhanger would there. We know they will all survive unless they get a better acting gig. There are only 5 original characters left and since they don't expand the cast beyond single season add ons I can't see anyone leaving.

With the up coming crossover I would love Walker and Crazy Dog to somehow get to TWD and be apart of the group. 

Gimple what on Earth are you going to do without a comic book to follow. Sadly all the stories for the mothership are already written. I truly feel that's what ruined the show. This show needs actual story lines. Not that it's that great as is.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Alicia irritates the hell out of me too.  TPTB keep trying to build her up into something that she is not.   She isn't a believable bad ass.

Perhaps it's the material? I thought ADC was great as Lexa on The 100. I feel she's been largely wasted here.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, tiredofwork said:

What I will never, ever understand is why every other group of survivors the Clark's encounter find them the most beautiful, smart, brave and natural leader types that ever lived and they have to jump up to the top of the food chain and lead???  The characters as written have never demonstrated any unique traits that warrant any of that type of adulation accept for the fact the script says that everybody has to be impressed by each and everyone of them..

At least on the mothership of TWD Rick's group has grown and established their reputation as bad asses..  Not these Clark's..    Also, they 1st portrayed Strand as the "man who had the plan" and was 5 steps ahead of everyone. now it always falls to shit for him and he has become a Madison Minion.. which pisses me off.

Agreed. It is baffling that a social worker , ( Madison), drug addict, ( Nick) & high school student, ( Alicia) were able to get leadership positions in a ranch filled with gun toting preppers.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

The only thing that I could get from all of that Christmas crap, is that Madison was being abandoned by Nick, her grandson, and Nick's girlfriend.  Madison wants to have a Christmas that can't happen in the world of walkers.

What is so frustrating to me in regards to this show, is that Madison is considered a protagonist.  I think she gets off way too easy for all the destructive crap she brings down on everyone wherever she goes.  With the exception of Travis, her family always survives while others die.  I don't expect that to change.  I don't think I have ever disliked any character so much as I dislike Madison, simply because she is considered a protagonist, when I think an argument could be made that she is an antagonist.

Her daughter Alicia is in so far overhead, that no matter what she does, it isn't believable.

As much as I enjoy the Victor character, I think the show has reached the point where he can't pull much more crap without getting bumped off.

I don't like Troy at all, but I think that there could have been so much more that could have been explored with that character before Madison killed him.

I think Troy could have become like Darryl. I hope Taka & Crazy Dog stay for the next season. I hate Madison. I like Victor & Daniel. I don't see how Daniel recovers from a gun shot would to the face, but he survived a fire last season.

One thing I do like is that the Proctors seem to be quick at organizing a Costco-Thunderdome franchise throughout the Southwest. You can get everything from brain stems, to weapons to adult services. I wonder if they have a loyalty card?

• Love 4

How ridiculous was it to have Nick bring in a cart full of heads and the bartender dissect them at the bar. I was slightly willing to turn a blind eye to the fact that this early in the ZA someone got the notion to dig out zombie brain stem glands and consume them. The scene was just crazy. It appears the show is all form and no function. And I think because the writers are in south of the border mode, they lose common sense. On one hand they have gone to great lengths to portray this as a normal watering hole, yet they roll in rotting carcasses and butcher them in full view of the customers and on the surfaces they drink on.  Of course nobody in the bar paid any attention to this. There's no good reason this scene shouldn't have been staged "around the back" 

• Love 4

Why the Preppers would give the Clark's so much power was pretty evident: They didn't expect the "kind" of dystopia. They weren't ready for it and 2 of Otto's founders already had changed themselves. They were alone and lost. Otto, being the grifter he was, did not have the place stocked for the long long term either. I think he was hoping since the Clark's had about 3+ months in the "wild" they could manage things around in this new world for the group. lol................

That is the nature of the bourgeois state, even in rebellion, your protected by its vast legal structure and processes. When it falls, we run in packs. It reminds me  as one 60's radical put it "ah, you will have to trust and learn to work with each other again".

I doubt this show goes past 4 seasons unless something happens to boost its quality and future viewership. I think a large reason why the pimple named Gimple was brought on as Executive Producer is to stream line this show into the actual TWD universe. It is pretty much a corpse. Erickson's flop. In his departing comments, we feel the flop come out in his words. He is pissed. But it is his own flop. He was given a wide array of choices and picked badly.

35 minutes ago, Folk said:

Erickson's flop. In his departing comments, we feel the flop come out in his words. He is pissed. But it is his own flop. He was given a wide array of choices and picked badly.

Is there someplace to read his parting comments?  If not, can you summarize what he said?  Thanks!

• Love 2

I haven't watched yet and maybe never will, but I had a terrible thought.  First, are we sure this will get another season?  I'm afraid that wiping the decks of all the characters except Madison will allow her to fast forward the next few years and somehow land on the east coast to join the cast of TWD.  (Then it can be a showdown to see who, Madison or Rick, can destroy civilization faster.)  

Betting on the dam being blown up by the end of the season was a sure thing.

38 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I haven't watched yet and maybe never will, but I had a terrible thought.  First, are we sure this will get another season?  I'm afraid that wiping the decks of all the characters except Madison will allow her to fast forward the next few years and somehow land on the east coast to join the cast of TWD.  (Then it can be a showdown to see who, Madison or Rick, can destroy civilization faster.)  

Betting on the dam being blown up by the end of the season was a sure thing.

I think the show has been renewed for season 4.

i think Madison would be killed pretty quickly on TWD. 

Rick wouldnt put up with her nonsense

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Folk said:

Why the Preppers would give the Clark's so much power was pretty evident: They didn't expect the "kind" of dystopia. They weren't ready for it and 2 of Otto's founders already had changed themselves. They were alone and lost. Otto, being the grifter he was, did not have the place stocked for the long long term either. I think he was hoping since the Clark's had about 3+ months in the "wild" they could manage things around in this new world for the group. lol................

That is the nature of the bourgeois state, even in rebellion, your protected by its vast legal structure and processes. When it falls, we run in packs. It reminds me  as one 60's radical put it "ah, you will have to trust and learn to work with each other again".

I doubt this show goes past 4 seasons unless something happens to boost its quality and future viewership. I think a large reason why the pimple named Gimple was brought on as Executive Producer is to stream line this show into the actual TWD universe. It is pretty much a corpse. Erickson's flop. In his departing comments, we feel the flop come out in his words. He is pissed. But it is his own flop. He was given a wide array of choices and picked badly.

Otto had people controlling the border. They had a base there & a helicopter.

They were far better organized than anyone else in the area.

• Love 1

Someone touched on this above and I forgot to mention it earlier. What was the point of the brain stem cell-thing? Seriously--did it further the plot any??? I mean, we already know that Nick is a piece of shit when it comes to drugs, so what did we learn? They sort of toyed with a Nick/Troy dalliance, but that went nowhere fast. (Then, they kill Troy.) And in the world of T V where every minute is huge (because of commercials eating up so much of the actual show) that whole thing took up a disproportionate amount of time. Man, if that in of itself is not reason to get fired as a writer/director/producer?!?

• Love 2

I found it interesting that Madison said her dream was to have Christmas dinner with her kids and a house full of grandkids -- her family -- and despite her obvious happiness as she was serving that turkey, none of them were actually at the dinner.  

I also thought Troy was one of the more interesting and complex characters on the show and I am sorry to see he's gone. I was just watching some earlier WD episodes, and I agree that he could have evolved into a Daryl type.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, NaughtyKitty said:

Just think.... if they left out the lame, nonsensical Christmas dream, we could have cut the finale down to 90 minutes (of crap instead of 120 minutes of crap)

And if they had cut out the brain stem cell thing and the part about Alicia's friend and scenes of people walking up and down stairs at the dam, we could have had a fifteen-minute finale. Maybe there's an Emmy Award for shortest "endings."

• Love 4

I thought it was a reasonably good finale, but like most of you, I don't care much about the characters anymore. I like Strand but wonder how he can stand to wear heavy coats in the Mexican sun. Also, for probably the first time on either show, I thought the heads in a cart was kind of disrespectful to the people who died-after all they were human beings. I usually don't feel that way about the walkers, but this is still fairly early in the ZA and would Nick like to see his loved ones like that?

I thought the Christmas dream was OK when I was watching it, but I didn't really understand the purpose of it. Also, Madison killing Troy didn't make much sense to me although I won't miss him. I do miss Jake, although I am one of the rebels who thinks people who are basically kind and want to build a live and not just kill would valued. Can't wait for the real show to be back on. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, JackONeill said:

Someone touched on this above and I forgot to mention it earlier. What was the point of the brain stem cell-thing? Seriously--did it further the plot any??? I mean, we already know that Nick is a piece of shit when it comes to drugs, so what did we learn? They sort of toyed with a Nick/Troy dalliance, but that went nowhere fast. (Then, they kill Troy.) And in the world of T V where every minute is huge (because of commercials eating up so much of the actual show) that whole thing took up a disproportionate amount of time. Man, if that in of itself is not reason to get fired as a writer/director/producer?!?

I think the purpose was to remind us that there are zombies in this show, because the season finale was damn near zombie free.

• Love 6

Serves Nick right for befriending that racist goblin. Troy was not interesting and had zero potential. He should've been killed long ago and it doesn't reflect well on Madison that she was willing to work with the psycho who tried to kill her boyfriend in a pretty racist experiment.

I can only hope that somehow Strand and Alicia find Taqa and Crazy Dog, and those four set off for somewhere better. Hopefully, Strand rediscovers his spine, cunning, and sense of humor.

• Love 3
On 10/16/2017 at 1:11 PM, tiredofwork said:

This bugs me more than anything else on this show.  The Clarks offer nothing special yet almost every group they join trusts and respects them immediately. 

On 10/16/2017 at 1:57 PM, diebartdie said:

I think she did that because she was really invested in living on that ranch so she was pissed off at him for destroying it so thoroughly. I tell you what though, Daniel is one lucky bastard.

Tell me about it.  He was saved from a zombie by freaking lightning.

On 10/16/2017 at 5:50 PM, notcreative enough said:

Can someone explain to me the logic of Nick telling his family to take a boat when he is planning on blowing the dam and not a car where they can just drive away. 

I'll give it a shot.  Perhaps from Nick's vantage point, the lake view allowed him to keep his family in sight while they escaped.  If they had tried to take the road, he might not have been able to see if they even made it out of the dam.  

With the up coming crossover I would love Walker and Crazy Dog to somehow get to TWD and be apart of the group. 

I'm hoping for Madison.  I'd like to see her as TWD's next big bad.

Anyway, I'll go against the grain and say I enjoyed the season finale. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, maczero said:

I'm hoping for Madison.  I'd like to see her as TWD's next big bad.

Anyway, I'll go against the grain and say I enjoyed the season finale. 

Oh....my...god I can totally see her as (comic book spoiler)

Spoiler

Alpha

On 10/18/2017 at 8:33 PM, diebartdie said:

Oh....my...god I can totally see her as (comic book spoiler)

Lol.  Actually, I can see it too.

My gut says Alicia crosses over.  She wants to take off on her own, after all, yeah?

I'm against the crossover idea though.  First off, I don't want TWD contaminated by this show, and secondly Fear the Walking Dead is supposed to take place earlier in time than TWD.  The Clarks etc don't feel like they've been through near as many adventures as TWD has.