Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 - 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 8/10/2020 at 10:31 AM, absolutelyido said:

The great problem with having portrayed Monica as bat guano cray cray who reverses deeply on a dime is that scenes that are supposed to work on a deep level simply do not.  Part of the issue in the Tate/school scene is that something like that had not once come up before Kayce is basically out the door?  So unserious.  Poor Tate.

I don't understand the solution Rip fashioned, beyond the completely obvious and expected baiting to get those varmints to cross over.  It didn't even matter if they were in the middle of a felony.  He just wanted to get them on his property.  Why bother, though?  All physical evidence was going to be eliminated.  What became of the two horses?

When did Beth sell Yellowstone land?  When did John authorize it?  I can see maybe taking out a mortgage, but the land would not be ME's just yet.    

I liked that we got an admission that ME lost billions.  Yet nothing happened to the CEO.  Right.  On a highly speculative land deal with lots of moving parts, not the least of which is a recalcitrant, shrewd, and powerful tribal leader like Rainwater.

I very much enjoyed seeing the real Mia emerge.  Another nut, she is.  Poor Jimmy.

Sheridan wasted one heckuva character in Roarke.  His castration wasn't as literal as the branding carving, but the effect is the same.

The real highlight, again this week, was the lesson John was imparting on Kayce.  It really is about the choice in how we embrace, or not, evil.  Once in, you're all in, or you will pay severely trying to get out.  Kayce has been kidding himself and this is the one thing Monica has got right all this time.  Tate's probably a goner.

The less said about Fredo, the better.  Oh, my soul!  LMFAO

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

When did Beth sell Yellowstone land? 

Did she?  I was under the impression that she was buying up all the parcels around the Dutton Ranch, on orders from Bob the Mysterious.  Then, when Market Equities gained control of Schwartz & Meyers, they got all that land, at a cost of billions.  Nothing of the actual ranch was sold, was it?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I have a massive crush on Ryan/Ian Bohen.  That man is a snack.

I agree but I always call him Uncle Werewolf from his time in "Teen Wolf" some years back😁 

Anyone catch Kelly Reilly over on Epix  in "Britannia"? Still playing a warrior princess character only w. redder hair,- & lots more of it- riding a white horse & getting involved with an invading Roman general. 

Edited by BlueHawk
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Did she?  I was under the impression that she was buying up all the parcels around the Dutton Ranch, on orders from Bob the Mysterious.  

Upon rewatch, you are correct.  Thank you.  That's one massive ring around the ol' collar. 

I forgot to mention how much I loved Beth's metaphor of being on the wall of the Alamo.  Santa Ana won the battle.  But, this time, the Texans have Colonel Jamie.  How they gonna win?  lol

I also much prefer when this show goes super dark as it has the past two weeks.  No good should come of that place nor to the Duttons.  

• Love 1
On 8/17/2020 at 3:00 PM, RedDelicious said:

I have a massive crush on Ryan/Ian Bohen.  That man is a snack.

LOL at "snack", that's a great metaphor. I'm fairly certain that they aren't going to wrap it up this season as they have in the past, especially because they announced season four before they wrapped shooting on season three. I've also read a couple of articles that stated that the last episode of this season was crazy town and that people are going to be shocked by it. There's no way they wrap up the stuff with Willa, Beth and the native American badass gal, I'm sure we'll see a set up for that battle to take place next year. I thought I heard a voice over in the preview of Beth's voice and it kind of sounded like it could have been from the wedding. All that being said, on a shallow note I don't get the big deal over Josh Holloway? That guy is not attractive to me in the slightest especially with that greasy stringy hair. I'm close to Costner in age but he's just ok to me. I'm all in on Rip and Casey though. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

I thought I was gonna get off easy on the violence having just started watching this season, but, doh! That was pretty damn gruesome. 

Josh H was super hot and charming as Sawyer on Lost, but I was surprised when he debuted here, all these years later, with the exact same hair style. Give the man an update! It almost seems like they brought him on as a romantic spoiler for Beth and Rip then decided not to go through with it and didn't know what to do with him. Disappointing. 

I hope this show wraps up in the next couple seasons, because the longer it goes, the more preposterous it will get. The body count seems pretty high at this point. Take a nod from UK series. Tell your story and let it end on a high. 

• Love 3
On 8/17/2020 at 8:56 PM, RedDelicious said:

......did we know that Teeter is the real life daughter of Michael Landon?

No idea, is she really?

On 8/19/2020 at 7:52 PM, pammie said:

Kevin does like to include friends and past coworkers in his current projects.

Loved the tribute to Wilford Brimley at the end, too.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, zoey1996 said:

No idea, is she really?

On 8/17/2020 at 7:56 PM, RedDelicious said:

I did but only because I saw an article about the women joining the show right before the season started. She's beautiful. Also, I'm a little disappointed that they only went with a regular sized episode for the season finale. Especially now because COVID probably pushed back the start date for season four filming and thus the release date of season four to us. 

Edited by missbonnie
  • Love 2

Two good episodes in a row. Such great writers for this show and cast and crew just amazing. 

I was worried for Teeter and Colby but I saw a shot of Colby in the following episode and as he has been with the show from the start I felt relief at least he would survive. Glad both did though. It feels weird to write you're happy someone gets branded but I'm happy they, along with Ryan, will be with the show for the long run now.  

Will frickin Patton! Wow, when I saw the old photo of him in Jamie's file I was like, no frickin way. Such great casting. He's such a sleezeball but then he invites Jamie in for some coffee. Like c'mon. Great actor. So many layers. I'm actually hoping we will see more of him in S4, and that's saying a lot as I'm not a Jamie fan haha. 

And even though my girl Beth had a two rough weeks it just makes me admire her character even more. She got properly knocked off the horse so to speak but yet she takes it with stride. Shouting and firing her assistant was absolutely out of line but still fun to watch. I love her balls for going up against ME, she should've enrolled Angela, and Bob, sooner than she did though. I'm hoping, and expecting, that Bethnado. 

Even though I loathed Wade & Jr that hanging was brutal to watch. Off to the train station they both went just like that. 

I'm not sure how I feel about Walker being back. Let's see where it goes I guess. 

I'm seeing some dislike of the language of the show out there (on social media). To me the writing/language makes the show great and relatable. Shows were they can't use the f word and has to write around it, well they stand out these days. If they just used words like that for shock value or to shout at each other over and over well then it would just be obnoxious but I don't see them doing that on this show. I've seen actual cowboys, or ppl that have lived around ranches, comment though that the language is actually tame on the show compared to IRL so that's what I'm chosing to take with me. 

I'm so excited for the finale. But I'm also sad the season is over and with filming haven't even started up yet I'm worried it will be more than a year until we get to go back to Yellowstone. 

Sorry for the multi quotes, haven't been on the board for two weeks so have some catching up to do...

On 8/9/2020 at 9:58 PM, NetflixandChill said:

Maybe it's because I binged the show that I can't get on board with her character more this season, but she's just so heinous. There was one scene, I think with one of the Beck brothers from last season. She had some great one-liners, and then she just had to go and throw in one last line that was just too much, and that, to me, is her character in a nutshell. She always has to go for one more dig, and it's always too far.

There's no secret I'm #TeamBeth, I'm not here to convince ppl to change their minds though, no need for me to do that I just express my own opinion and stand by it. I have to comment on these lines from you though. Malcolm Beck came in to her office and threathen her with abduction and rape(!), she could've ripped him far worse in my book. Malcolm Beck has been the most heinous foe on this show imo 

On 8/10/2020 at 10:09 PM, SuzieQ said:

Light stuff first::  That last scene with John/Beth had me rolling!  "I Love our man to man talks but I can't unhear that honey"  LMAO!!  That made all the crazy shit happening before worth sitting through!

That daddy-daughter man-to-man talk is my favorite monologue from the entire serie. Even though I know they write good stuff I still find it hard they'll be able to top that. Just amazeballs. 

On 8/12/2020 at 8:22 PM, tennisgurl said:

So I binged my way through this show, and I think that watching it all really quickly over the course of about a week and a half has been a really different experience than everyone who has been watching weekly and had long breaks between seasons! 

I was never that into Monica from day one (probably because the show was always telling us how great of a person Monica was instead of really showing it) but finding out that the actress isn't actually Native American really makes a lot of her scenes kind of uncomfortable. Its bad enough not casting an actual native actress in the role, playing the "well she looks dark enough even if we could have certainly found an actual Native American actress for this" card, but when so much of Monica's character is based around her being Native American, and giving literal lectures about the struggles of Native Americans, and her identity as a Native American, and the struggles in the Native American community (seriously, Native American stuff is almost all she talks about, its that or her family drama) it just makes it even worse. 

The other thing about watching this all in a row? The Beth and Jamie scenes are tedious

With shows like this - with short seasons a year apart - I always binge the previous season/s before the new one and I binged S1 + 2 just as S3 started. Glad I did 'cause there were actually bits I'd completely forgot even from S2. 

I totally agree with everything you write about the character Monica. This is why it rings bad that the actress isn't Native American. If she hadn't been all about her heritage it wouldn't be as off-putting but now it is. I get that it's acting and 10 years ago I probably wouldn't thought much about it but today I know better. I expect a lot from this show as they do a lot of things right. They've painted themselves in to a corner with her. 

I don't agree about the Beth/Jamie scenes though. For me they actually worked better while binging it. There weren't as many as I thought and I found them diverse. But hey we're all different. 

On 8/13/2020 at 5:58 PM, geauxaway said:

Has Beth ever expressed an interest in having kids? She seems like the least maternal person ever!  I think her and Rip would be horrible parents.  Has she ever had a scene with Tate?   Maybe it’s a blessing she is sterile.

Even though it's fiction I find it offensive to wish her character to be sterile. We've been with the Duttons for what, half a year?, during these three seasons, with only a few flashbacks, so we don't really know them intimately. We had that one scene with Beth watching Rip with Tate and just that one scene told me everything I needed to know about how heavy this weigh on her, and then she went to scold Jamie out in the barn. And rightfully so imo. 

On 8/17/2020 at 4:25 AM, mxc90 said:

How far away from the ranch were Colby and Teeter? Did they stop at a diner for breakfast before returning to the ranch?

I wondered about that as well. Took them forever to drive back. 

On 8/17/2020 at 8:55 AM, Dowel Jones said:

I was thinking after the last week that poor Gator had been shuffled off to the side this season, as so few scenes were shown in the ranchhouse.  Sure enough, he's back.  And he even gets some lines this week.

I also missed Gator. Happy to see him back. I miss Monica's grandpa as well, I liked that character. 

On 8/17/2020 at 6:23 PM, AnnA said:

I really disliked Teeter when she was introduced but I've warmed up to her and was glad to see her and Colby were alive.   Their kiss was cute and a tender scene after the horrific attack they endured.   

My hopes of a Rip/Beth wedding this season have been dashed.   With only one episode left there's just no time.  Whatever happens next week, I hope they destroy Roarke.   He hired Wade and deserves some serious payback.  The preview showed what looks like an explosion in town.   We have to assume that was Beth's office and hopefully Willa and Roarke were in it.  

I liked Teeter from get-go but that kiss was not to my liking. I was like "no, don't kiss, don't" to the TV before it happened. You could see it coming. But then Teeter saved it with that f*cked me while I had a face line and it saved that scene for me. 

They can blow Roarke up but I'd like to keep Willa. I like the characer and the actress so I'm hoping she will be in S4. Could just be we share a common like for Beth though lol 

On 8/17/2020 at 6:28 PM, AnnA said:

So far the build up over Angela working with Beth turned out to be a dud.   Actually, the build up over Roarke was pretty lame too.  As it turned out all he did was hire Wade to cause trouble.  

Yes I was looking forward to the Beth/Angela team so I hope they keep that going in S4. Roarke turned out to be lame I agree. 

On 8/18/2020 at 2:56 AM, RedDelicious said:

IMDB is like my bible so that's how I knew. Wouldn't have caught it otherwise though 'cause I haven't seen her in anything else before this. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, MorbidPet said:

I'm so excited for the finale. But I'm also sad the season is over and with filming haven't even started up yet I'm worried it will be more than a year until we get to go back to Yellowstone.

They're filming now, I believe.

5 hours ago, MorbidPet said:

I'd like to keep Willa. I like the characer and the actress so I'm hoping she will be in S4. Could just be we share a common like for Beth though 

Somehow I have a feeling that Willa "likes" Beth, as in attracted to her. 

4 minutes ago, roughing it said:

Somehow I have a feeling that Willa "likes" Beth, as in attracted to her. 

I see that also but I don't see it as a sexual thing - I see it as having admiration for a woman (Beth) who is at her (Willa) level because they are bold and fearless and that is a really awesome thing to see play out on screen.  I love that Beth has massive balls, she's intelligent and she also has a heart.

@MorbidPet I love your entire post.  

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 8/21/2020 at 4:40 AM, MorbidPet said:

There's no secret I'm #TeamBeth, I'm not here to convince ppl to change their minds though, no need for me to do that I just express my own opinion and stand by it. I have to comment on these lines from you though. Malcolm Beck came in to her office and threathen her with abduction and rape(!), she could've ripped him far worse in my book. Malcolm Beck has been the most heinous foe on this show imo 

Yes, but the attack scenes happened after the conversation I was mentioning. So her ripping on him wasn't in response to him crossing that line. 

Now that is how you end a season finale!

I wonder if the van was already on the way to the ranch to shoot John, and he happened to be on the side of the road, and the woman ended up being collateral damage, or if she was in on it. Doesn't seem like she was.

I think that Beth is left permanently injured. Obviously, John won't die. The kid is still there, he can get his mom's phone, and they can call for help.

• Love 1

The obvious choice would be Roarke hired the hits but they  are trying to throw Jaime and Rainwater in the mix for the cliffhanger. I'm not buying Jamie being that devious to John, Kayce and Beth after one conversation with his father. I can't see Rainwater doing that after one conversation either.

I can see the Governor doing this. She is shady. Probably got news about talks of Kayce being governor.

Kayce for governor? The writers are concerned about a storyline 2 years from now but had a hard time giving  Kayce a good storyline this season.

Kayce's hit could be separate. Maybe revenge for killing the man?

With that "Master/slave" speech, I'm surprised Rainwater's driver didn't pull over, tell Rainwater he quit and told them to walk home.

I doubt John is gone. The kid will magically save him. Just plug his bullet holes with the lug nuts.

When that mother said she was from CA, I thought of the biker gang and thought she was going to shoot John or set him up.

Beth and Kayce are safe. Beth's newly hired/fired secretary.. not so much. Tough way to go out on your new job.

And Beth was just getting over her facial scars. She will have some new ones next season.

Of course, no one thought to take out Monica! I think I heard a bomb go off when she turned around.

With this show, it always comes down to violence to resolve matters. I had a feeling all the legal talk this season was just a smoke screen.

I think those crows were flying around Jimmy telling him how dumb he was to get back on that horse.

Finally found something to scare the Barrel girls out the room. A Yellowstone brand.

This is the same Mia that jumped Jimmy in a hospital and could have injured him more. Now she is concerned about his welfare. 

Lloyd didn't look pleased. That girl has no shame.

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
  • Love 11

LOVED all of it!! First of all, who ever planned and executed this plan made a HUGE tactical error in not taking out Rip first. Beth is one of my favorites as well. I don't think that we're meant to like these characters as people personally. Yes they're terrible but they're interesting as all get out to me and I don't want them to change. I am also vehemently opposed to TPTB going in there next season and and making the show all PC to satisfy the people complaining about whatever they find "offensive". Also, I DON'T want to see so much as a mention of Covid. I watch this show to escape from all of the crap going on in the real world at the moment. No one started out saying that this show was supposed to be anymore than great storytelling and I for one am thankful for the break from RL.

• Like 2
  • Love 14

Rip euthanizing the horse was a nice callback to the very first scene in the series - John's horse being killed.  The innocent always suffer when evil is all around.

Willa would never have left that meeting in that moment.  She does not trust Roarke enough to ruin a meeting like that.  What would ring very true is if ME dumped her for losing millions in this imposible deal (Sorry, no way would ME have all those Fed approvals - like Fish and Game (Interior) nor the FAA without a verrrrry specific and guaranteed runway and surroundings layout.  EPA anyone?  Hello, Rainwater's lawsuit.  Just too dang much suspension of disbelief needed here.

Jimmy at least had a chance.  Unlike Forrest Gump, he does not know what love is.

Unpossible for Beth to survive that explosion which took out the solid brick wall located further from the point of explosion than Beth was..  But, she will.

John had to be wearing armor.  Otherwise, he is dead.  

"There aren't any choices.  There are only options."  Genius.  That one belongs in the Soap Opera Hall of Fame.

The conversation between Kayce and Monica about life forces and beliefs was profound and well represented the insurmountable divide in their "love."  Really good.  Angela's assertions to Rainwater were silly.  I'm sure there are those who support the righteousness she expressed.  No quibble with that.  But, the fight she outlined was entirely futile.  Suicidal.  No way can the indigenous muster the cohesion needed nor the firepower necessary to actually overthrow through a hot war, the USA.  That's the course she demanded.

Are those cattlemen who like Kayce gonna be the Ents in this epic?

The less said about Daddy Randall's logic, the better.  All I am good for is murder and all you are good for is murder and I am the only one who can truly love you.  Stupefying.  

All in all, this season had some phenomenal moments.  Rory got pregnant to end Gilmore Girls.  Will Beth do the same here?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

The kid is still there, he can get his mom's phone, and they can call for help.

But isn't that area a dead zone?

5 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I'm not buying Jamie being that devious to John and Beth after one conversation with his father. I can't see Rainwater doing that after one conversation either.

I don't buy either of them, either.  They don't have the contacts to hire hit men to do a massive kill off.  That's not something you can solve with "I know a guy who knows a guy...."  If you don't have connections, you will owe the hit men for the rest of your life.

1 hour ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

John had to be wearing armor.  Otherwise, he is dead.  

Quick!  Call the veterinarian!

Helluva cliffhanger, though.  Was the horse shot by someone, or was it just dying in the field?  I missed something there, unless the entire scene was just to have Rip see the buzzards.  Which were mighty fast to get there.

Poor ol' John.  The Guv' don't dig you no mo.  The one time I really laughed in this episode was when the ranchers told Kayce they want him to be Governor, especially on the 'Kill 'em All' platform.  By the way, the three most populous cities in Montana are Billings (100k), Missoula (50k), and Great Falls (50k).  All a long way from the Dutton Ranch.

• Love 3

Well, I knew Rip and Beth were never getting married, but I thought Rip would be the goner, not Beth.

I wonder if all of those incidents were planned by different people. Beth's bomb could have been ME, John's drive by shooting could have been set up by Jaime, and Kayce could have been a revenge hit by the family of the cattle rustlers. The suffering horse could have been an opening move by Rainwater. Or it could all have been ME, I guess, their "Yemen" solution.

I agree with whoever said Rainwater can't take on the US government and win. He might kill all the Duttons but that doesn't mean the tribe could get and keep the Yellowstone land. 

• Love 4

That was quite an ending. Beth's bomb doesn't seem like the same style as the outlaw shootout style Kayce and John got. If they went to shoot up Kayce's office in town, why wouldn't they do the same to her? Why do a fancy package dropped off to explode when opened. I think it's different people.

I also don't see Jamie trying to kill Kayce at all, so he's not the one on that hit either. It could be interesting if it's 3 different separate hits, but all at the same orchestrated time? Leaving Jamie the sole heir if all die. It would be interesting to see if they're all hurt and it's Jamie  versus Rip for control to handle the ranch. 

We saw John give Beth the addition to the trust for Rip, but other than the house we know nothing else about it and Jamie was there at the time and asked. He got Beth's Utah mistake with the power of attorney, but maybe she didn't do the same with Rip's? Also that was really un-Beth to make such a mistake that leaves Jamie in charge. That seems like something she would have found out.

Did Jamie move out? If he hates John and all on his own, he shouldn't be living there. But we didn't see him in the breakfast/dinner scenes last week so may be he did.

Since Rip is on the road I'm guessing he'll see John. I always thought Rip never slept and this episode proved it, he came in after all night dealing with the bodies/train station drank the coffee and took Beth to the main house and continued on his day. No sleep for Rip!

Kayce as Governor? That's quite the character out of nowhere turn around. Kayce put up a fight to do everything be in his family, work at the ranch, Livestock Commissioner but he'll just be ok with high political office of Governor? And of course Monica hates it.

The racer girls in the bunkhouse can go. The other one jumped from Lloyds bed to Walkers and they still have her hanging around? Get her out of there before she causes more trouble. Mia too since Jimmy is blindly doing what she says and not sticking up for the ranch she's sleeping at and attacking.

Jimmy's a moron. I'm fine if his stupidity leaves him the one dead.  He had nothing before the ranch, he was out of jail and had druggie friends. He couldn't even ride a horse. Because of Mia hating the ranch he's going to do what she says, forgetting who he became there and forgetting how he's alive, created a family like bond and got his major hospital bills paid by all that?

I loved the power players office scene, all of them in one room was captivating.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I agree about Jimmy.  Mia talked him into rodeo again with a kiss.  The kid doesn't (didn't) figure out that barrel racing is not the same as bronc riding, and the consequences of a fall are way different.  Then there's that 'weekend rodeo' vs. 'business rodeo' that Rip showed him.

The entire assassination plot seems rather absurd to me.  Why bring all that attention upon yourself, assuming it was ME, when, as stated in an earlier episode, the ranch is essentially going bankrupt in another year or two?  Wait them out.  It's not like a major airport can be built in a year, anyway. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Just a few observations:

So a little bit ago Kaycee was an unemployed horse trainer living in a trailer on the reservation and now he's gonna run for governor of Montana?  I'm not sure he's qualified to do the job that his daddy handed down to him!  There is no possible way this scenario is even close to realistic.

Is that what dead embalmed bodies look like after 30 years?  And why would Rip want the love of his life to have the ring from the man who beat & killed his mother?

Last episode Jamie's "dad" was all like "you're a Dutton" and now he's all about "killins in your blood because I"m all the family you have"

I swear at the beginning of the show Rainwater said something to the fact that Angela wished she wasn't part of their people?  And could her lipstick have been any darker!  Too harsh.

Does Willa work for Roarke or does he work for her?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

Holy smoke! Literally. I'm going to have to do a rewatch 'cause that went by fast. Looks like we might to keep both Willa and Roarke for next season eh? If this was Roarke he really waited until the eleventh hour to show his balls. 

Is Tate going to get a play buddy on the ranch now? Pretty sure John will adopt the kid from the road 😏 

I never thought I would say this but I'm fed up with Jimmy. What an airhead. And yes the barrell girls can go as well. Enough. 

13 hours ago, Sharper2002 said:

I know this is awful to say, but I hope this means Beth is off my screen forever. 

If she's gone they're loosing this viewer. I dunno what sort of contracts they have signed but I'm pretty sure the entire family + ranch guys will be sticking around for the long haul. Kelly does live abroad but she seems content with this gig. They killed Lee (too soon imo but I'm also glad I didn't get attached) so I think they need the three kids that's left. 

13 hours ago, toodywoody said:

Jamie needs to go to the train station. He thinks by eliminating all of them that he can sell the land and get the money. He said what he said to the governor and Rip. He is toast. 

I'm not sure Jamie was behind the hits but he can still go to the train station imo 😒 

13 hours ago, mxc90 said:

When that mother said she was from CA, I thought of the biker gang and thought she was going to shoot John or set him up.

That's when I sat up on my couch. As we came back to John by the road side after the Beth/Kayce hits. I was like "shit she's going to smoke him" and then as the kid walked away I thought she would pull a gun. Lucky for us though 'cause she probably would've put one between his eyes. These guys just hit his cellphone haha 

9 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Unpossible for Beth to survive that explosion which took out the solid brick wall located further from the point of explosion than Beth was..  But, she will.

Bombs are tricky. The blast seemed to have been going outwards. For her to walk out of there unscattered seems unlikely though. Kacey could've gotten out unharmed, we didn't see him get hit by any bullets from what I saw but that will leave two Duttons in the hospital. Beth might be spending some time in there while John gets to do more water physio yay for him 

7 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Helluva cliffhanger, though.  Was the horse shot by someone, or was it just dying in the field?  I missed something there, unless the entire scene was just to have Rip see the buzzards.  Which were mighty fast to get there.

I dunno how the horse got injuried but I was fearing they'd put a bomb underneath or even inside the horse and it would blow the moment Rip shot him. I was like no,no,no Rip. I love when I get worked up over a tv-show, my neighbors not so much 😆

• Love 6

This is entirely a superficial post.  Josh Holloway does it for me.  Carried over from watching Colony on Netflix.  Hair is different but not necessarily in a good way toward the end of that series.  When he said "I'll do whatever you want" gave me the tingles.  He just has shit hair and the Gordon Gecko look does not work for him.  Dimples and a strong jawline?  Yeah baby!  Does Wes have messed up bottom teeth IRL?  Also I could not get past those ridiculously looking lips on the Native Bad Ass (sorry can't remember her name or anything she said as her lips took me right out of the scene).  If these are normal for her my apologies but I'm so used to seeing women on screen getting their lips blown up that they don't resemble human lips anymore.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, mytmo said:

Also I could not get past those ridiculously looking lips on the Native Bad Ass (sorry can't remember her name or anything she said as her lips took me right out of the scene). 

Me too.  I have no idea what she was talking about because I kept staring at those lips, and also that weird cadence in her speech.  Between her lips, Roarke's hair and Jamie's hair, the show needs better hair and makeup people.

• Love 15

No way do I believe Jamie orchestrated those hits.  Half the time he looks like he can't tie his own shoe laces.  I also refuse to believe that Rainwater was behind it.  Maybe his lawyer without his knowledge, but not him making the order.  Which leaves Sawyer (Lost reference!!) and his boss (where have I seen her before??)

Also, the buckle bunnies can leave anytime.  Chickie's  badmouthing the Yellowstone, where she's been living and eating rent free for who knows how long.  Also, Jimmy's an idiot.  And if they kill off Rip, I"m out.  (Athough I was totally grossed out by Rip, digging up his dead mother, to take the ring off her finger.  Uhm, no, I don't want that ring on my finger, thank you very much!)

• Love 6

Poor Lloyd, having to watch his "ex" climbing out of Walker's bunk. And Walker rubbing his face in it. Those barrel racer chicks have zero shame. But I guess the guys in the bunk don't have any either. It must be like live porn.

Why were they having that heavy-duty meeting in Jamie's tiny office? Power play on his part or was there no conference room available? And why didn't Jamie have to recuse himself?

Heh, the governor basically told John his d!ck wasn't quite big enough. No more booty calls for her. 😉

Oh Jimmy, your girlfriend is not really looking out for you. She just wants to be your new master when you're totally paralyzed and completely dependent upon her.

Okay, Rip just went from 0 to 100% macabre. Digging up a corpse to take a piece of jewelry? Beth ain't worth all that.

Wow, Yellowstone meets The Godfather. Did Jamie put the hit out? If so I guess he's no Fredo after all.

My favorite comment from reddit:

I cannot live in a world where Beth dies and Monica lives.

Why couldn't Monica have been visiting Beth at work or something. Whhhyyyy????

• Love 8
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

No way do I believe Jamie orchestrated those hits.  Half the time he looks like he can't tie his own shoe laces.  I also refuse to believe that Rainwater was behind it.  Maybe his lawyer without his knowledge, but not him making the order.  Which leaves Sawyer (Lost reference!!) and his boss (where have I seen her before??)

She did make reference to emulating the 'Yemen oil wars'...

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

totally grossed out by Rip, digging up his dead mother, to take the ring off her finger.  Uhm, no, I don't want that ring on my finger, thank you very much!

Most bizarre, out of character plot line I've seen in a good while.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

Now that is how you end a season finale!

I wonder if the van was already on the way to the ranch to shoot John, and he happened to be on the side of the road, and the woman ended up being collateral damage, or if she was in on it. Doesn't seem like she was.

I think that Beth is left permanently injured. Obviously, John won't die. The kid is still there, he can get his mom's phone, and they can call for help.

I'm thinking the woman on the side of the road was a set up...she just didn't seem believable a tourist with a small child. She probably never dreamed she would be killed.

• Love 1

I'll have to wait until my anger subsides before commenting on all the posts and the specifics of the epIsode.   For now all I can say is that I hated it!   

• Love 2
2 hours ago, roughing it said:

Me too.  I have no idea what she was talking about because I kept staring at those lips, and also that weird cadence in her speech.  Between her lips, Roarke's hair and Jamie's hair, the show needs better hair and makeup people.

YES!!! The lips are definitely puffed up from lip injections. The lipstick color is just bizarre and makes the lips look like duck mouth. And Roarke's hair is a mess...is it straightened with an iron? Is it fake? Whatever it is, it's awful. Jamie's hair looks like there is some kind of weave or hairpiece attached to his real hair. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

And Roarke's hair is a mess.

It look like he poured a gallon of vegetable oil on it.  Not a good look.  (though his face is still purty!!)

3 hours ago, carrin817 said:

Is that what dead embalmed bodies look like after 30 years?

My first thought was no way, no matter how good the embalmer was, that body would surely have decomposed by now.  Having said that, it's not like anyone I know has unburied a body in order to take the wedding ring off the finger to give to their new bride, so, who knows!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

YES!!! The lips are definitely puffed up from lip injections. The lipstick color is just bizarre and makes the lips look like duck mouth. And Roarke's hair is a mess...is it straightened with an iron? Is it fake? Whatever it is, it's awful. Jamie's hair looks like there is some kind of weave or hairpiece attached to his real hair. 

I was going to make a similar comment about how bad the hair styling is. When Jamie was talking to his father his hair looked like it was laminated in hairspray. I'd add Beth's hair to the bad styling list. Her hair always looks unwashed and unbrushed. Even when she has it in a bun or barrettes it looks messy.

I do, however, love the wardrobes, particularly Beth and John. I like the vests that John often wears.

• Love 1

Well, that was some Moldavian massacre level shit going on in the finale (you young folks, look it up)!

First, I don't believe that there is any way that they kill off John, Beth, or Kayce (unless one of the actors is wanting to leave the show).  All three will survive.  I also don't believe that Jaime or Rainwater are responsible for any of this.  Orchestrating three cold blooded murders would write the characters in too much of a corner and I don't think they want to get rid of either actor.  (And yes, I know that there have been plenty of cold blooded murders on this show, but its different when the victim is in the opening credits.)

The whole digging up the corpse to get the ring thing was just plain freaky.  Do people really do that?  Here's an idea - If you think that you might possibly have use for a piece of jewelry at some point in the future, DO NOT put it in the coffin with the deceased.  No matter how much you love someone, I just can't see offering a ring that was literally taken from your mother's cold dead hand as being any sort of romantic proposal.  

Josh Holloway has been wasted this season.  Why would you cast someone with his name recognition and give him such a nothing role? 

No sympathy at all for Jimmy  (whom I actually usually like).  Assuming he survives, I can't see buckle bunny playing nurse maid to him for very long. 

Speaking of buckle bunnies, did the blonde one even bother to tell Lloyd that she was breaking up with him?  And if the guys (or gals) are going to have "overnight company", shouldn't there be some place in the bunk house that would afford a little privacy?  Would people really be comfortable having sex in a room with all of your co-workers?  I guess if you are willing to have sex in a hospital bed, the bunk house isn't such a stretch. 

4 hours ago, carrin817 said:

So a little bit ago Kaycee was an unemployed horse trainer living in a trailer on the reservation and now he's gonna run for governor of Montana? 

He's a Dutton.  Apparently that's all it takes. 

4 hours ago, SG429 said:

And who paid off the horse to take out Jimmy?

OK, That was funny!

3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why couldn't Monica have been visiting Beth at work or something. Whhhyyyy????

Truer words . . .   

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wow, Yellowstone meets The Godfather. Did Jamie put the hit out? If so I guess he's no Fredo after all.

And that's how the series is going to end.  20 years in the future, all of Jaime's enemies are dead, the family accounts have been settled, and he's sitting in a lawn chair outside that enormous house, all alone, and dies.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I think they all will live except Jimmy. 

Season 4 starts with the whole family in various stages of casting and bandages, spread out in the living room, a la "It's a Mad, Mad....World." (You young folks look that one up, too.:)

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

Why couldn't Monica have been visiting Beth at work or something. Whhhyyyy?

Meh, if that had happened they would have somehow made Monica  difuse the bomb and save thousands of lives, .  Then she would have run over to Casey's office and save him as well as John on the side of the road.  Angel that one.  

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5

Something has been bugging me about the story Jamie's father told him about killing his wife. The crack whore that was turning tricks for drugs and ignoring her tiny baby doesn't sound like a woman that would be close to John Dutton and his wife. I suppose she could have started with the drugs after she married Randle but wouldn't the Dutton's have tried to help her if she was close enough to them that they adopted her baby?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:

Something has been bugging me about the story Jamie's father told him about killing his wife. The crack whore that was turning tricks for drugs and ignoring her tiny baby doesn't sound like a woman that would be close to John Dutton and his wife. I suppose she could have started with the drugs after she married Randle but wouldn't the Dutton's have tried to help her if she was close enough to them that they adopted her baby?

I agree and if John's story was a lie to Jamie, why would he basically say hey your father could be alive go find him. He wouldn't make up a story and then send him to find the man. He'd say he's dead or makeup another lie.

I also don't understand Rip's wanting Beth to have the ring that his father gave his mother. I guess he's thinking of it as his mothers ring, but with the amount of hate and the fact he killed his dad for killing her he should be thinking that ring isn't a good symbol. Hopefully there's more to the story, like his mother got his from her own mother? May be it was her ring and not the husband?

I wonder if Beth will lose an assistant every season in that office? 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 8