Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Benjilock, Ice Shaker, Solemender, Delighted By Hummus

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Alex Rodriguez sits in with the Sharks as Rob Gronkowski and his brothers pitch an insulated sports bottle to the group. Other pitches include a tool to soothe foot pain; a sweeter way to eat a popular snack; and an inventive way to keep belongings safe.

I don't know who the Gronkowskis are, but I found them annoying. And wayyy too much testosterone, chest bumping and grunting for my taste. (Which is obviously the opposite of Barbara's). I also find it hard to believe that with the gazillion insulated sports bottles on the market, that theirs is unique. 

OTOH, I did like the Sole Mender, and its inventor. Barbara didn't like it because it wasn't sexy? What an idiot. As someone who has suffered from plantar fasciitis for years, and has used frozen water bottles with varying degrees of success and comfort, I will likely order a Sole Mender. I checked out their website and was impressed that they will actually ship to Canada. I thought the excuse that most sharks gave for not investing - that they wanted the kid to go to college - was dumb. Many inventors become successful while in college completing degrees. I hope the young man does well with this product.

The lock guy was so sweet. I normally don't like criers of either sex, but I found his story quite touching. I also loved that he went with his gut, rather than the obvious choice of Rodriguez. 

I was amused that Mark was tasked with giving Lori whatever product was being handed out, since he was sitting beside her.  I always thought that Robert did it because he is a gentleman, but it appears that Lori expects to be catered to. Not sure why she can't pick up whatever is being handed out on her own. 

• Love 10
On 10/14/2017 at 0:50 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

I was amused that Mark was tasked with giving Lori whatever product was being handed out, since he was sitting beside her.  I always thought that Robert did it because he is a gentleman, but it appears that Lori expects to be catered to. Not sure why she can't pick up whatever is being handed out on her own. 

Pretty sure the reason is medically based. Lori has some sort of range of motion issue and can't reach for things. 

I like Kevin and I was happy to see the lock guy go with him. It was also fun to see Cuban react to that one. 

• Love 4

The first entrepreneur was pretty sharp. She didn't invent sweet hummus, but did start to carve out some sales with it. And she was smart enough to accept a lower valuation to get Mark, but not without cross-examining him.

Mark's idea regarding stand-alone stores is an interesting one. My guess would be that he's thinking of it from a marketing perspective. Shoppers who want hummus aren't thinking sweet, and ones who want sweet aren't thinking hummus. Setting up shops would help sell the concept and establish the brand name as something shoppers can then go seek out.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Dots And Stripes said:

Pretty sure the reason is medically based. Lori has some sort of range of motion issue and can't reach for things. 

I like Kevin and I was happy to see the lock guy go with him. It was also fun to see Cuban react to that one. 

Really? Because she actually reached farther and in an upward motion (since Mark was standing over her) to accept the hummus sample tray than she would have had to if she had just accepted it directly from the hummus lady. She also asked Mark to hand her the tray, whereas if she had a medical problem one would think all the sharks would know about it and automatically hand her the samples. It has been speculated in other seasons that her dress was short so she did not want to have to move too far. However I didn't notice the length of what she was wearing, I was too busy wondering if she bought her outfit at a Michael Jackson estate sale. (I see another poster thought Prince). 

I really liked the hummus lady and am glad she got a deal. Since I love chick peas, hummus and have a sweet tooth, I would definitely try her product. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Really? Because she actually reached farther and in an upward motion (since Mark was standing over her) to accept the hummus sample tray than she would have had to if she had just accepted it directly from the hummus lady. She also asked Mark to hand her the tray, whereas if she had a medical problem one would think all the sharks would know about it and automatically hand her the samples. It has been speculated in other seasons that her dress was short so she did not want to have to move too far. However I didn't notice the length of what she was wearing, I was too busy wondering if she bought her outfit at a Michael Jackson estate sale. (I see another poster thought Prince). 

I believe Robert said it at some point either in the show or in an outside interview. I don't remember the exact wording but I remember getting the impression it was medical. I'm not sure what you mean by if it was medical all the sharks would automatically hand her samples. She only needs one person to hand her something usually Robert. The fact that Mark took it over would be a sign that it is a legitimate reason. and not just her being spoiled. 

• Love 3

Don't get them not offering the kid a deal cuz they want him to go to college. They have done entire shows featuring kid entrepreneurs. Lame. 

Dammit, the hummus isn't available where I live!!

• Love 2

It's supposedly sold in several stores here. I guess I'm making an extra stop tomorrow. The thought of mint chocolate hummus makes my stomach lurch, but I can get behind vanilla and "snickerdoodle" (a.k.a. cinnamon). I eat a lot of traditional hummus as it is.

Lori praised Robert on twitter for his chivelry in  handing her the samples.  She is fine. Well, physically anyway. Lol

I have never regarded Kevin as a deal maker.  Seems his role has always been the antagonist and part of the set design.  Shocked that young man didn't go with Arod.  I hope it works for him I am not confident. 

Mark dropped out of high school and did college later!  He just told that story recently.  

I want to try that humus, they all thought it was delicious.

Funny to watch Mark and Arod get sucked into the Gronks energy and make a deal for the one millionth protein shake cup!  That deal is not going to go though. 

• Love 3

What's different about the Gronk cup vs a Yeti except a few bucks? Maybe the lid? I dunno. I just didn't get the orgasms over it. Plus, why was the woman a couple weeks ago a gold digger for wanting exposure but Chris (?)Gronk wasn't?

• Love 10

So, when that Gronk guy said he didn't really need the money, he wasn't a gold-digger?

BTW, the show was on in Canada on Friday at the same time it used to be on last year on ABC.  Not sure if that's going to be the same every week.

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, rhys said:

What's different about the Gronk cup vs a Yeti except a few bucks? Maybe the lid? I dunno. I just didn't get the orgasms over it. Plus, why was the woman a couple weeks ago a gold digger for wanting exposure but Chris (?)Gronk wasn't?

I wonder that too.  I think it's because these guys are famous and the woman with the meditation app was a nobody.  Also, she demanded a much higher valuation.  But Gronk readily admitted he needed a business partner and not money, so that seems very gold-diggery to me.  I think the entrepreneur's fame as an athlete charmed Mark and Alex quite a bit too.

• Love 3
On 10/15/2017 at 10:29 PM, galaxychaser said:

That sweet humus looks revolting.  The sole kid is 17?! He looks 14. Puberty hasn't visited him yet.  

The 5 brothers.  Ouch that poor mother.  Can you imagine how much food she always cooked?

I was thinking that, too. My one son is only eight, but he is always hungry and always eating. Also, think about how much food they had to schlep home from the grocery store. Their grocery bills, all the trips back and forth bringing the grocery bags in from the car.

That one brother looked so sweetly happy whenever they suggested they change the name to The Gronk.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz

Denying the pre-pubital 17-year old on the grounds that he should go to college was probably just a nice way to saying "no."  The sharks have done that before with kids.  If the kid had a good product, they would have made a deal and made it a contingency that he also go to college. 

Also, A-Rod, shut up.  You told us once that your parents were Dominican, you were a baseball player and now you're a successful business person. You don't have to keep repeating it. Speaking to the lock guy in Spanish was a dick move.   Good on lock guy for not buying the "I'm just like you" shtick when he's nothing like him. I normally am not a fan of Lori but applause for her "I can speak Spanish too" comeback. I don't understand why she was dressed like Cap'n Crunch, though.

And the Gronk bottle was a shameless and very transparent way of getting exposure for a branded product.  They don't need the money and just need the exposure on national TV. If Mark weren't such a jock sniffer, he would have called them out on it like he did with the so-called "gold digger" earlier in the season. I live in New England where Gronk is a household name. I can see every tool grunting in my gym now bringing in his Gronk shaker bottle.

Edited by RemoteControlFreak
  • Love 10
29 minutes ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

Also, A-Rod, shut up.  You told us once that your parents were Dominican, you were a baseball player and now you're a successful business person. You don't have to keep repeating it. Speaking to the lock guy in Spanish was a dick move.   Good on lock guy for not buying the "I'm just like you" shtick when he's nothing like him. I normally am not a fan of Lori but applause for her "I can speak Spanish too" comeback. I don't understand why she was dressed like Cap'n Crunch, though.

Are they required to keep referencing their own successes again and again and again?  It's so obnoxious.  

How long do we have to wait until they come out with a padlock with a retina scanner?

• Love 2

I can't remember if I've ever been so annoyed by an episode of Shark Tank.  The 17 year old with a foot product just seemed like such an obnoxious overachiever.  He also reminded me of Manny from Modern Family, and I never liked Manny.

Then right after him, I got testosterone poisoning from those meatheads selling a sports bottle.

Alex Rodriguez irritates me.  I can't really pin down why.

And what was with Lori's outfit?  Why the 18th century naval uniform?

• Love 5

As for repeating ad nauseum their own success via sob stories, A-Rod isn't the only guilty party.  Robert tells us about his immigrant factory worker father, Mark relives his door-to-door- garbage bag selling days and Barbara reminds us she was a waitress that no one believed in just about every week.  I think it is admirable that many people achieved success despite very meager or destitute beginnings. They should be proud, but I don't need to hear it over & over.

I don't get the flip-flop attitude given from some of the Sharks toward some of these folks shilling.  Mark fawns all over the Gronk-son 5 and wants their name slapped on the cup, despite hearing the kid didn't need the money.  Yet Mark called the app lady from SF a 'gold digger" because she was already successful and didn't need the money- she just wanted exposure in his opinion.  First of all....Um, yah?  ALL of these people in front of you want exposure!  If they get a $$ deal from one of you, then BONUS!  Many of the non deal getters still have success from just being on TV.  Second, re. branding the cup with the Gronk name...there have been other products invented, backed or endorsed by celebrities that were pooh-poohed because the product HAD the famous name attached.  I can't recall a specific item, but I know I heard in the past some of the Sharks slam the inventor for just being opportunistic and using the "name" to sucker people into buying.  There isn't any real consistency with some of these "experts".

• Love 5

I'm not a sportsball fan, so the gronks meant little to me. However, I think what differentiated their bottle was that it was a high quality stainless, double walled *shaker* bottle with a mechanism inside for blending shakes/protein powders. These bottles are generally plastic and pretty cheaply constructed with snap tops that are difficult to seal so sometimes the contents go flying, and of course they won't stay cold.  With this bottle you can blend your shake, and take the same bottle along to drink sometime later when it'll still be nice and cold. 

All the sportsbro-ing aside, I think it's a pretty nice product, and if I was a regular consumer of protein or other shakes I'd buy one.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

Denying the pre-pubital 17-year old on the grounds that he should go to college was probably just a nice way to saying "no."  The sharks have done that before with kids.  If the kid had a good product, they would have made a deal and made it a contingency that he also go to college. 

You are so right!  That didn't cross my mind at the time.  

Also, A-Rod, shut up.  You told us once that your parents were Dominican, you were a baseball player and now you're a successful business person. You don't have to keep repeating it. Speaking to the lock guy in Spanish was a dick move. 

I didn't know this about him so I liked hearing his background.  I liked that he spoke to him in Spanish; he wanted the deal.  As Mark said, use what you have.   

I normally am not a fan of Lori but applause for her "I can speak Spanish too" comeback. I don't understand why she was dressed like Cap'n Crunch, though.

Ditto on both.  

1 hour ago, Thrifty said:

Then right after him, I got testosterone poisoning from those meatheads selling a sports bottle.

LOL!  It was a skit straight out of SNL.

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, piewarmer said:

I'm not a sportsball fan, so the gronks meant little to me. However, I think what differentiated their bottle was that it was a high quality stainless, double walled *shaker* bottle with a mechanism inside for blending shakes/protein powders. These bottles are generally plastic and pretty cheaply constructed with snap tops that are difficult to seal so sometimes the contents go flying, and of course they won't stay cold.  With this bottle you can blend your shake, and take the same bottle along to drink sometime later when it'll still be nice and cold. 

All the sportsbro-ing aside, I think it's a pretty nice product, and if I was a regular consumer of protein or other shakes I'd buy one.

I am a regular consumer of powdered sports drinks and protein shakes. Like many products on this show, they showed me a problem I didn't know that I had, and I had solved it on my own for free by the end of the pitch. I took a stainless, double walled bottle I had and threw in the metal blender ball from a plastic shaker into it. Now I have an insulated protein shaker. Worked just fine this morning.

I also don't care much for the Gronk personality. I enjoy watching him as an athlete, but I'm at a phase in my life where I don't feel the need to celebrate meathead bro behavior. So I refuse to endorse it by buying one. 

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, hkit said:

I am a regular consumer of powdered sports drinks and protein shakes. Like many products on this show, they showed me a problem I didn't know that I had, and I had solved it on my own for free by the end of the pitch. I took a stainless, double walled bottle I had and threw in the metal blender ball from a plastic shaker into it. Now I have an insulated protein shaker. Worked just fine this morning.

Exactly. And if you don't want to do that, you can buy one of the  many other stainless steel insulated shaker bottles already on the market.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, rhys said:

Plus, why was the woman a couple weeks ago a gold digger for wanting exposure but Chris (?)Gronk wasn't?

4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

So, when that Gronk guy said he didn't really need the money, he wasn't a gold-digger?

2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Mark fawns all over the Gronk-son 5 and wants their name slapped on the cup, despite hearing the kid didn't need the money.  Yet Mark called the app lady from SF a 'gold digger" because she was already successful and didn't need the money- she just wanted exposure in his opinion.

Because he made a deal. He asked for 10% but accepted 20%. He said he was there for expertise more than money, and he was willing to pay for it. The woman would not go higher than 6% and would not value Sharks higher than any other investor, which means she wasn't buying their expertise. A "gold digger" is someone who doesn't really want the partnership.

Bear in mind, ABC used to have the clause that they could take 3% from any company just for appearing. Mark was the one who got them to remove that, so I think he considers himself the guard dog against publicity-seekers now.  With that in mind, who do you think would not have appeared on the show if they had to give up 3% for free? The woman who wouldn't go above 6%, or the guys who asked 10% and accepted 20%?

Edited by Amarsir
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, wings707 said:

Lori praised Robert on twitter for his chivelry in  handing her the samples.  She is fine. Well, physically anyway. Lol

I didn't know that so googled it. Lori tweeted last fall "Did you guys notice that Robert always hands me my samples before he takes his own? So nice! Chivalry isn't dead.".  Robert's reason for doing this (besides the fact that he is a nice guy) is that because Lori is "little" so she "can't reach". Nothing to do with a mobility issue. Mark did not look thrilled to be asked by Lori to hand her the hummus samples, and for the other segments Lori already had them in her hand before she was shown on camera, so not sure if Mark continued to be her assistant, or she took the others from the pitchers directly. I wonder if Barbara was beside her if she would ask her to hand her the samples? Lol. 

So glad it wasn't just me who was annoyed by the Gronk brothers. I am also surprised that someone like Mark would not know that there are already similar products available. 

Edited to add - it was Robert who said that he hands Lori the samples because she is little and can't reach. From the way I wrote it above, it may have looked like Lori said that. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 2

I liked that he spoke to him in Spanish; he wanted the deal.  

I thought it was rude.  If it had just been the two of them talking, that would have been fine.  But there were also other people involved in the conversation.  I also think he's a little arrogant to assume nobody else on the panel would know Spanish.  

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

I thought it was rude.  If it had just been the two of them talking, that would have been fine.  But there were also other people involved in the conversation.  I also think he's a little arrogant to assume nobody else on the panel would know Spanish.  

It was also emotionally manipulative. Glad it wasn't successful. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I didn't know that so googled it. Lori tweeted last fall "Did you guys notice that Robert always hands me my samples before he takes his own? So nice! Chivalry isn't dead.".  Robert's reason for doing this (besides the fact that he is a nice guy) is that because Lori is "little" so she "can't reach". Nothing to do with a mobility issue. Mark did not look thrilled to be asked by Lori to hand her the hummus samples, and for the other segments Lori already had them in her hand before she was shown on camera, so not sure if Mark continued to be her assistant, or she took the others from the pitchers directly. I wonder if Barbara was beside her if she would ask her to hand her the samples? Lol. 

So glad it wasn't just me who was annoyed by the Gronk brothers. I am also surprised that someone like Mark would not know that there are already similar products available. 

The pitch person stands directly in front of each person when giving samples.  They would stand in front of Lori too if Robert didn't take one for her!   Ok, so Robert does that, nice guy.  What a princess to request Mark take over that job.  

She is 5' 4" and Barbara is 5' 5."  Clearly she is not so tiny that she cannot reach for the damn sample.  Her arms to not look disproportional to her height. 

I would love to see what would happen if Barbara was to her right and one of the men was to her left.  

I noticed next week they will be on the old set.  I guess they had an episode left over.  Another observation is that the women are wearing different clothes in each episode.  The editing must not be a problem if this continues.  

• Love 1

I'm glad Lori got rid of those body-con figure-illusion dresses, which were about 10 years past their sell-by date, but that getup last night was definitely not a step in the right direction. Barbara needs to take her aside and have a conversation with her.

• Love 2

Five grunting boneheads with a totally generic product, BUT also with championship rings, present to a panel with two jocks and an old lady who clearly takes too many hormones. (I'm an old lady too, so not being ageist.)

Dominican immigrant with a son story presents to a Domincan immigrant with a sob story.  I am so tired of the weepers. This is, or is supppsed to be, a BUSINESS meeting, not Queen for A Day. 

Just like other shows in this genre, e.g., Project Runway, ST is devolving from a venue to showcase innovation and teach something about the world of business to just another Tee Vee show.  

• Love 5

Lori moves around just fine when she makes a deal with one of the contestants.  She jumps up and hugs them and everything.  I assumed she doesn't want to move around too much early in the pitch because it would mess up her outfit/hair/pose.  I'll bet the production staff spends a LOT of time helping Lori "get ready" in her seat between pitches, and she doesn't want to spoil any of that.

I've seen her commercials for Fit-Bit on late-night TV.  She tells us with a straight-face, "I like being toned, but I'm not interested in sweating or working out."  How in the world does THAT work?  (She certainly doesn't get fit from the Fit-Bit.  From what I can tell, its just wiggling around a little on a plastic board in front of the TV.) 

Lori is high-maintenance. 

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Gregg247 said:

Lori moves around just fine when she makes a deal with one of the contestants.  She jumps up and hugs them and everything.  I assumed she doesn't want to move around too much early in the pitch because it would mess up her outfit/hair/pose.  I'll bet the production staff spends a LOT of time helping Lori "get ready" in her seat between pitches, and she doesn't want to spoil any of that.

I've seen her commercials for Fit-Bit on late-night TV.  She tells us with a straight-face, "I like being toned, but I'm not interested in sweating or working out."  How in the world does THAT work?  (She certainly doesn't get fit from the Fit-Bit.  From what I can tell, its just wiggling around a little on a plastic board in front of the TV.) 

Lori is high-maintenance. 

Do you mean Simply Fit Board?  I think Fit-Bit is a brand of watch that keeps track of fitness?

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

The pitch person stands directly in front of each person when giving samples.  They would stand in front of Lori too if Robert didn't take one for her!   Ok, so Robert does that, nice guy.  What a princess to request Mark take over that job. 

Maybe she didn't ask and Mark just volunteered when he started sitting in that chair.  Why do people always have to assume the most sinister motives?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Thrifty said:
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Maybe she didn't ask and Mark just volunteered when he started sitting in that chair.  Why do people always have to assume the most sinister motives?

She asked Mark to hand her one!  That is why we are commenting on it.  

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Now this has me laughing. When Mark handed Lori the samples she said "This is me?". Now I know sometimes Mark gets different samples that are gluten free, but I don't remember this pitcher telling Mark that he had a special tray, so I thought that was funny. I would love it if the producers rotated who sat to Lori's left (from where she is sitting) and see who she might ask to hand her the samples. I would especially love to see her ask Bethenny Frankel. Lol. (And this is coming from someone who generally doesn't mind Lori). 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

I noticed next week they will be on the old set.  I guess they had an episode left over.  Another observation is that the women are wearing different clothes in each episode.  The editing must not be a problem if this continues.  

The order this season is really weird. Last week was labeled 906, but was the third hour (comprising the second episode after the two-hour premiere of 903+904). This was 901, the fourth. Next week's is 825, which is why they're on the old set - it was filmed last year.

I have no idea why.

32 minutes ago, wings707 said:

As I think about it, that seems like a Trump move. "Always get someone to hand you stuff so they seem like your servant." - The Art of Making your Million-Dollar Idea into a Deal.

• Love 2

A Rod was slimy, as expected. I like that he offered to give his card to the kid so that he could contact him when he finishes college...5 years from now. 

I think the Gronks were just a setup to increase ratings. It's obviously football season so it's no surprise ABC would want to put a famous football player on. 

The store locator for the hummus isn't working; it only shows that it's sold in Colorado.  Did the deal with Cuban really happen? Can't imagine he wouldn't ensure they have a working website for the airing. Total screwup.

Kevin actually seemed like the right deal for the lock. His point about companies licensing things and then never using them was a good one. That is a product that could be on any household front door.

28 minutes ago, columbot said:

A Rod was slimy, as expected. I like that he offered to give his card to the kid so that he could contact him when he finishes college...5 years from now. 

I think the Gronks were just a setup to increase ratings. It's obviously football season so it's no surprise ABC would want to put a famous football player on. 

The store locator for the hummus isn't working; it only shows that it's sold in Colorado.  Did the deal with Cuban really happen? Can't imagine he wouldn't ensure they have a working website for the airing. Total screwup.

Kevin actually seemed like the right deal for the lock. His point about companies licensing things and then never using them was a good one. That is a product that could be on any household front door.

It worked for me, all 3 nearby Harris Teeters seems to stock it.

Re: A-Rod's business success bio - he seemed to leave out the part where he cheated.  Multiple times.  He disgraced the game.  He'll likely miss out on the Hall of Fame because of it.  And we're supposed to think of him as a success?  As a Shark?  

• Love 9
20 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

That sweet humus looks revolting.  The sole kid is 17?! He looks 14. Puberty hasn't visited him yet.  

The 5 brothers.  Ouch that poor mother.  Can you imagine how much food she always cooked?

I've had chocolate hummus and it wasn't that woman's brand, so I don't get them acting shocked by it. What I had wasn't that good though.

18 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Don't get them not offering the kid a deal cuz they want him to go to college. They have done entire shows featuring kid entrepreneurs. Lame. 

I remember an episode where they talked two college students into dropping out to concentrate on their business. The Sharks are super inconsistent. 

9 hours ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

And the Gronk bottle was a shameless and very transparent way of getting exposure for a branded product.  They don't need the money and just need the exposure on national TV. If Mark weren't such a jock sniffer, he would have called them out on it like he did with the so-called "gold digger" earlier in the season. I live in New England where Gronk is a household name. I can see every tool grunting in my gym now bringing in his Gronk shaker bottle.

I wonder if they tell the guest sharks to mention their backstory so viewers know who they are? The guests always keep mentioning stuff like that over and over. Either they are instructed to or they are all really self involved.

My gut was that the lock guy should go with Kevin too. 

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LotusFlower said:

Re: A-Rod's business success bio - he seemed to leave out the part where he cheated.  Multiple times.  He disgraced the game.  He'll likely miss out on the Hall of Fame because of it.  And we're supposed to think of him as a success?  As a Shark?  

Hmmmm, I don't follow baseball (other than the Blue Jays when they make it past the regular season) so had to google this. Hmm, steroids, eh? Any other forms of cheating? (Not that that isn't enough). Well that explains why he is with J-Lo, who I have always thought is way overrated. At pretty much everything. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Hmmmm, I don't follow baseball (other than the Blue Jays when they make it past the regular season) so had to google this. Hmm, steroids, eh? Any other forms of cheating? (Not that that isn't enough). Well that explains why he is with J-Lo, who I have always thought is way overrated. At pretty much everything. 

He took performance-enhancing drugs for years.  Some of his better nicknames include A-Roid and A-Fraud.  

• Love 4

BTW, a few of my favorite (from here and elsewhere) critiques on Lori's outfit:

• Why the 18th century naval uniform?
  • It looked like something Michael Jackson would have worn to court.
  • Did Lori go to an estate sale at Prince's house?
  • Looked like the fifth Beatle on the Sgt. Peppers cover.
  • I don't understand why she was dressed like Cap'n Crunch, though.

It may or may not shock you to learn that Lori said in a recent interview that she designed her own wardrobe for this season.

• Love 4