Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: The Apology

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I know right?? I never would have thought of putting avocado in an omelette - don't they run to mush when cooked?

Oh I figured they actually did buy the place - I just don't buy (heh) that actual reveal and following argument - it felt staged.

You are obviously not from California.  Avocado goes on just about everything for $1 extra.  I once had a colleague from NY say he loved his trips to our LA office because all our restaurants have avocado.  I don't know how long you are cooking it to turn it into runny mush, but it sounds disgusting.  I don't like them cooked or even warmed because in my opinion it changes the flavor.  You don't really cook it in the omelet, you put it in with the cheese so it's just in long enough for the cheese to melt.  That's still too warm for me though, so I just have it put on top, the way god intended.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Pantsy said:

Excuse my ignorance if I’m wrong, as I was folding laundry while watching and haven’t had time to go rewatch....

But were you folding your shirts the Frank Catania way? 

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Margaret was doing great until Siggy pulled the cry baby card. As soon as she started with the waterworks, Margaret backed down and started apologizing. I wish she wouldn't have done that because it gave Siggy a bit of an upper hand because she got the damn apology she wanted.  This is what Sig does for manipulation, sympathy and attention. Cry, cry, cry. 

I agree with you there. But even so, I didn't feel her apology was super sincere. She had this half-smile on her face as she began to back down. I think she finds Siggy ridiculous, but knew it would be futile to argue with a weeping woman. 

• Love 16
16 hours ago, Jel said:

One of Margaret's cosmetic bags had "VACAY" written on it. I think I could hate her for that alone.  

Yup.  Right there with ya!

Right now, not a fan of Pigtails.  I find it amusing that she comments about Dolores having her head up Siggy's ass, all the while, switching her head between the interior of Teresa and Melissa's respective butts.

Most people were and are touched by her setting up the floating flower memorial.  I would have been too if I had known her for more than a day.  

For my personality, I find her coming in too hard, too fast and too much all at once.  I'd be wondering what you want from me and if you have a history of Single White Female behavior.

And I'd be wondering why, with a group of girls you just met, you are trashing and nicknaming someone who you're supposed to be friends with.

I'm not saying in time I couldn't warm up to her, but right now I find her to be.....shady?  Too good to be true?  

• Love 12
18 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

OMG - Siggy can't stop the tears flowing.  She can be as nasty as can be but no one else has any feelings? Dolores is all kinds of weird - it really is a puzzle why she is so loyal to Siggy when she's known Teresa so much longer.  I got a kick out of Siggy not knowing the meaning of the word perfunctory.  Who's the smart girl?

W asnt Delores close friends with Caroline?  This could be why she isn't so loyal to Teresa.

So far, it isn't too tox8c...but the season is young so I'll give it time :)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Yup.  Right there with ya!

Right now, not a fan of Pigtails.  I find it amusing that she comments about Dolores having her head up Siggy's ass, all the while, switching her head between the interior of Teresa and Melissa's respective butts.

Most people were and are touched by her setting up the floating flower memorial.  I would have been too if I had known her for more than a day.  

For my personality, I find her coming in too hard, too fast and too much all at once.  I'd be wondering what you want from me and if you have a history of Single White Female behavior.

And I'd be wondering why, with a group of girls you just met, you are trashing and nicknaming someone who you're supposed to be friends with.

I'm not saying in time I couldn't warm up to her, but right now I find her to be.....shady?  Too good to be true?  

Literally exactly.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Teresa is still coming off as the sanest one of all! I thought Joe and Melissa were broke which is why they had to give up the construction on their new McMansion and move back in to the brokedown cheaply built McMansion. How can they afford to buy these businesses? I want to know more about their finances. Something's not adding up with shady bro Joe and his entrepreneurial ventures. 

Of course, the Gorgas put the house on the market again.  They can't afford that place!

What is the name of the restaurant they bought?

• Love 1

So far, Margaret is amusing me.

Siggy is a bigger pain in my butt than all the pellets in the world inserted all at once. If I were given the opportunity to hear her give a class -- free, for nothing, gratis -- I'd decline because I've seen her announce her intention to "destroy" a friend. What kind of semi-sensible person does that? And, more to the point, what kind of alleged relationship expert does that? In front of a camera?

Oh, Joe. Buying a restaurant without consulting your wife is such a boneheaded move. Typical of Joe Gorga, though. Bless his heart, his ability to think things through is limited.

Like a couple of the others, I also heard "partner of 37 years." My closed captioning said the same. Teresa is 45 years old; Joe is 38. I would guess that he was 37 when this was filmed and, in his distress, he misspoke. Either that or they didn't marry till Joe was born.

• Love 8

I am withholding the right to change my mind, but right now Margaret amuses me. That’s about all I ask from these housewives. Also, she was a much bigger person than I would have been in the diner with Siggy. To take all that shit from Siggy and not let it affect her was pretty damn cool. I would have thrown my lemon water at her head and stormed out. I’m small that way. 

• Love 17
41 minutes ago, WordsWordsWords said:

So far, Margaret is amusing me.

Siggy is a bigger pain in my butt than all the pellets in the world inserted all at once. If I were given the opportunity to hear her give a class -- free, for nothing, gratis -- I'd decline because I've seen her announce her intention to "destroy" a friend. What kind of semi-sensible person does that? And, more to the point, what kind of alleged relationship expert does that? In front of a camera?

Oh, Joe. Buying a restaurant without consulting your wife is such a boneheaded move. Typical of Joe Gorga, though. Bless his heart, his ability to think things through is limited.

Like a couple of the others, I also heard "partner of 37 years." My closed captioning said the same. Teresa is 45 years old; Joe is 38. I would guess that he was 37 when this was filmed and, in his distress, he misspoke. Either that or they didn't marry till Joe was born.

Right?!  The main thing I've learned from her about relationships/friendships is how to NOT to behave if you want to be in one.

And what was that BS she was dishing out last episode, telling the others that her husband (can't be bothered to learn his name) isn't controlling and only looking out for her after we just watched the scene where he said he wasn't asking her to cut back her appearances (that she FLOVES so much), he was telling her to...ummm, no,... that would be a sure fire way to get me to book twice as many.  Girl needs a quarter to buy a clue. Maybe she's gone BSC because she needs a real therapist to help with her own dysfuntional relationship(s) that don't respond well to her inspirational thoughts for the day because real life doesn't actually work like that,... just sayin'

• Love 7
3 hours ago, dosodog said:

So true, but Margaret’s weirdness gets lost because Siggy is so unhinged. Similarly, the cake-throwing was stupid and immature, but Siggy's reaction was so extreme that the culprits look reasonable by comparison. Siggy will start from a valid place, but gets so caught up in her own ego and drama that she ends up looking absurd.  If Table-Flippin' Teresa thinks you're ridiculous and irrational, you might want to reconsider your choices.

That said, I'd be thrown by Margaret’s insta-BFF status, too.  She barely knows Siggy, let alone the rest of the group.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Of course, the Gorgas put the house on the market again.  They can't afford that place!

What is the name of the restaurant they bought?

The name of the restaurant is Gorga's Homemade Pasta and Pizza.  This article from Bravo says Teresa opened it with them

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/teresa-giudice-joe-gorga-open-restaurant-to-honor-late-mother-photos

2 1/2 stars on Yelp. Ouch!

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, WordsWordsWords said:

I also heard 37 years and realized the math didn't add up. Even if they hadn't married until Joe was born (which I doubt was the case because they're Catholic) he should've still referred to the entire time they were together. 

• Love 2

I'm having a hard time watching this anymore. Waaay too much Siggy and Delores. I don't even like looking at them . Then they start talking (shouting) and it's just unbearable!

I miss the good old days of drunk Juicy falling and knocking his tooth out.

• Love 17
17 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Danielle's guy, Marty, actually seemed kind of cute. And he towered over the other men. How does she get a guy like that? Must be something wrong with him. 

Not necessarily. He could be an aspiring actor looking for his 30 seconds.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

She also used "reprimanded" properly.

Melissa on the other hand said Margaret your house is boo too fall

and I fully expected to hear Teresa say "text-es" when she talks.

• Love 2

Shiddy Fucker is showing us what was important to her and this Boca trip she planned. It wasn't about Teresa losing her mom or Melissa's birthday. She is not taking a photo of her friends - she's taking a picture of the cake. You can bet she sent it out on Social Media to brag about how fabulous and wonderful of a hostess she is.

I don't necessarily disagree about the rest (because it is quite clear she is obsessed with that damn cake, haha!) but who's to say that she didn't also take other photos? 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5

Siggy seems like an emotionally exhausting person to be around. Dolores brand of loyalty is also known as downright stupid. Loyalty is being a support system, not a 'yes' person. If you're willing to co-sign bad behaviour or have an opinion on a matter because of second-hand information, then it only reflects poorly on you. I can understand Dolores trying to explain Siggy's feelings to the other women, I don't understand why she wouldn't try to explain to Siggy how her behaviour escalated the situation and that both sides should offer an apology. If they're going to walk through life thinking that anyone and everyone is free reign because they got their feelings hurt, then I really hope for their well being and safety they don't come across the wrong person because they may end up on the receiving end of a very hard lesson.

I don't mind Margaret. She's coming in strong but she also doesn't seem to take things too seriously but that's also easy to do when you aren't the one that's being offended by someone else. I'm sure this season will help reveal whether she really is a sarcastic but 'get over it quickly' kind of personality.

Teresa has become a lot less annoying since she's returned to the show after her jail stint and call me crazy, but I'm becoming more and more convinced that her mending relationship with her brother and particularly Melissa seems like the real deal.  Unless yoga has completely transformed Teresa's temperament, I don't think she has it in her to convincingly fake relationships. In the past when she swore up and down that she was ready to move forward with her relationship with Melissa, she would still throw digs, though I'm not sure if she thought she was too clever or if she wanted Melissa to know that she was being underhandedly insulting toward her. In any case, the dynamic between the two of them seems like night and day.

• Love 12
21 hours ago, ghoulina said:

But were you folding your shirts the Frank Catania way? 

I agree with you there. But even so, I didn't feel her apology was super sincere. She had this half-smile on her face as she began to back down. I think she finds Siggy ridiculous, but knew it would be futile to argue with a weeping woman. 

Im dying!!! ????

• Love 2
On 10/18/2017 at 10:10 PM, nexxie said:

Siggy is so full of herself, she doesn’t really see or hear anyone else.

Well! She is the most amazing person ever. According to soggy that is. She's also the most loud and obnoxious person

What a pill

• Love 5
On 10/19/2017 at 1:09 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I'm pretty sure Margaret mentioned she was going to Florida to fly down to Palm Beach not Boca.

Yes, the two cities are about an hour apart.  West Palm and Fort Lauderdale airports have Boca in between them.

On 19.10.2017 at 9:10 PM, WordsWordsWords said:

Siggy is a bigger pain in my butt than all the pellets in the world inserted all at once.

This seems like such an exaggeration but after watching her we all know that it isn´t. I honestly remembered her as a rather tolerable presence on the show in her first season, especially compared to most of the crazier ones on other franchises, but she´s gone so far over the line that it´s not even funny. I feel pain watching her make a fool of herself. But it´s still kind of exciting, I feel like I will learn to like it. It´s taken her just 3 episodes to absolutely ruin her reputation, I think it must be a record.

• Love 6
On 10/19/2017 at 10:06 AM, CaughtOnTape said:

Here's the thing....Siggy is all bark and no bite and Margaret knew that.  Margaret thinks a lot of herself, yes...but I've seen nothing to indicate she shouldn't.  She's a woman who's forged her life without a man.  She has people around her who care about her and she's got her shit together.  Siggy's threat had no teeth because she's weak and Margaret knows that.  Margaret all but laughed in her face.  That is how you handle people like Siggy.  You wanna destroy me?  Please.  You couldn't destroy my dog.  It was a thing of beauty to watch.

But now Siggy has shown her ass to Margaret.  Margaret, so far, looks like a woman you would want in your corner.  Melissa was smart to get in on her good side and reap the benefits of her knowledge and contacts.  

Siggy looked like a petulant child and a drama queen....and the worst part is she looked laughable and completely weak.  Margaret looked like a strong woman who didn't need to sling insults in order to get her point across.

I loved every second of watching her take Siggy down and I hope it continues.

Also, Margaret is damned successful, in a completely different field, with a different set of friends and her own damn money, I mean what could Soggy, Mrs. I'm the most talented person in the world, do to "destroy" Margaret? Soggy, Mrs., I was put into time out from working by my husband, is way delusional.  

• Love 6
On October 19, 2017 at 6:14 PM, whydoievencare said:

Dolores seems bigger this season - I can't tell if she's actually gained weight or if she's had a boob job or what?  Bueller?

She had ass implants before the last reunion.   

I just cannot with the Daddy's Home--After 18 Years! storyline with Dolores.   I'd rather watch Papa Gorga than that lame Frank vs Frankie crap.   

Wow the joy of publishing Teresa's sixth? Seventh? book.  So she basically is writing a memoir each year now?  Whenever I hear her talking about how she's got to save for the girls' college I think Bish you better be putting away money for that instead of luxury cars and furry green coats!!

• Love 1

Still so early and it's become... Siggy: The Miniseries ... Really trying to takeover the show.

And Dolores, who I actually kinda liked last season, she was pretty scary during the slumber party text situation.

I'm still so glad Danielle is back, she was always my favorite. #TeamStaubWoundsForLife.

I'm loving Pigtails, she can stay.  Along with her Mother.  My only gripe... I hate clothing and accessories with cutesy sayings and quotes...

Edited by CyberJawa1986
Edits and Stuff Yo', I have a bad migraine. And DAMN AUTOCORRECT it's Siggy, not Sigh!
  • Love 3
On 10/22/2017 at 3:52 AM, Rubyslippahz said:

She had ass implants before the last reunion.   

I just cannot with the Daddy's Home--After 18 Years! storyline with Dolores.   I'd rather watch Papa Gorga than that lame Frank vs Frankie crap.   

Wow the joy of publishing Teresa's sixth? Seventh? book.  So she basically is writing a memoir each year now?  Whenever I hear her talking about how she's got to save for the girls' college I think Bish you better be putting away money for that instead of luxury cars and furry green coats!!

Did Frank Sr. move out when junior was an infant? If Junior is applying for college, he's 18 or younger so dad has essentially never been in the house with him. And Dolores is telling us she never paid her own bills for 18 years?

Does anyone else find Dolores' kitchen to be uncomfortably barren? 

"XO Margaret"... I actually kind of like Margaret, but who signs a text with their name?  (Other than my 71-year-old mom.)

Also, the random side-argument about who knows Joan Rivers better was unintentionally hilarious. 

• Love 1