Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: The Good, the Bad, the Goodbye

On 10/13/2017 at 1:42 PM, dleighg said:

Is there any reason the little dogs always have a harness on? Is that just to make walking them a quicker process? It seems kind of mean to me. Of course I have cats, they don't go out, so they've never been leashed, harnessed, or collared.

Harness is actually easier for the dog. A collar is around the neck and often when dogs get stubborn and just say "Ima gonna sit down now" owners pull on their leashes and choke the dog. A harness gently pulls them to come and WALK dammit! My dachshunds always had them. They have lots of back problems and the harness is better. 

I love kittys and have one now. No dog--lease forbids it....someday....

• Love 3

Leaving a harness on is just lazy. Unless the dog fights them big time. Collars on cats are fine as long as you use breakaways. My cats always have collars just in case they get out. My dogs always walk on harnesses, in the case of my current one a no pull. Every fur kid is also microchipped but a lot of people don't know about those.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Willowsmom said:

Leaving a harness on is just lazy. Unless the dog fights them big time. Collars on cats are fine as long as you use breakaways. My cats always have collars just in case they get out. My dogs always walk on harnesses, in the case of my current one a no pull. Every fur kid is also microchipped but a lot of people don't know about those.

They aren't in the harnesses all the time, there are several shots of them not wearing harnesses, it seems they put them in them when they are going to be walking or they are expecting people to come over so they can grab them if they get in the way.

• Love 2

Jenni's backyard is gorgeous and her little girl is precious. After watching what she went through with her first husband, I'm happy for her.

I can see Zoila teasing Laura about the designer handbag not being as good as the ones Jeff has bought her. Also totally believe she told Gema to ignore Gage because he wasn't actually Monroe's father. 

Jeff has stated many times that he's going to take care of Zoila for the rest of her life, so I think she only stayed because of getting paid for being on the show.   

In the artist's rendering Liat & Trevor's house didn't look anything like one of those glamorous old houses. I thought it was non-descript and kind of ugly. If I were them, I wouldn't brag about being neighbors with Khloe Kardashian. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Feline Goddess said:

In the artist's rendering Liat & Trevor's house didn't look anything like one of those glamorous old houses. I thought it was non-descript and kind of ugly

I totally agree. It was boring. What was all this discussion of subterranean garage? Was that instead of a ground level garage? Or instead of no garage at all? What was the big deal?

• Love 1

I realize we don't see all of Monroe's life, but what we see whether they are at home or traveling, seems to be Monroe in bed or in her room with them watching on a monitor. I really don't see it as them protecting her from filming;; we clearly see her face. Babies need to be talked to, held and they need stimulation to thrive. I don't believe any of the nannies are allowed to take her out of her room. Also, since she has acid reflux, they could take off the ever present tight bibs that seem to be around her neck all the time. 

Like most of you, I'm not a huge fan of Zolia, but I think the nanny problems are much more involved. I would guess the nannies are not allowed out of the bedroom and not allowed outdoors and how many people want to be cooped up with a crying baby like that? 

• Love 2
On 10/13/2017 at 0:57 PM, iwasish said:

I see the Zoila thing a little differently. I think she wanted to retire and yet felt she couldn’t cause Jeff “needed” her, especially with the baby there now. I got the sense that she almost deliberately made issues and problems in order to create a situation where she was forced to leave. I see this kind of thing where I work. Many many long term employees who talk about wanting to retire but just can’t rake that step. Then almost subconsciously they begin to be dissatisfied and angry, resentful, hard to get along with etc, even though nothing has really changed at work to cause it.  Eventually they push things to a point where they’ve painted themselves into a corner and have to leave. 

Yes, Jeff now has Gage and Monroe and Zoila sees he doesn’t need her like he used to, and the same for Jeff, he said as much.  Too much has changed in the dynamic of Jeff’s life over the last few years for things to remain the aame with him and Zoila.  They need a break and in the future they can reconnect as the old friends they are.

Lait and Trevor? My take on the body language was that there were marital issues at play. He barely looked at her during the lunch. I don’t know who they are,never heard of either of them. My gut tells me it’s either marital or money issues. I liked Jeff’s ideas for the design. 

I agree with all of this.  I get most can't stand Z but I do think she's wanted to retire for a while. I think she  stayed for Jeff and once the baby came she felt protective.  Was she a handful, yes.

Jeff spoiled her because he wanted to. Z didn't a hold a gun to his head and demand cars and bags and extra help. Jeff wanted to do those things for her. They had/have a complicated relationship, that can hopefully be better now. 

I also agree about the couple, I noticed not only did  barely look at her, he didn't seem to acknowledge her when he came in. It definitely got my attention.  

I did like Jeff's attitude about losing them. He said maybe we're being saved from something.  That's a great way to look at things . It probably suckered to lose out on the money but thing happen for a reason. Jeff doesn't need any more stress. Maybe the universe was looking out for Monroe's daddies.

• Love 1
On 10/13/2017 at 1:57 PM, QuinnM said:

I see it the same way.  And that is why I think she is a selfish, mean human being.  Everyone around her has been suffering at her hands for years.  People have lost their jobs, their income, their confidence.  She has laid a path of destruction and now just dances off into the sunset.  Good riddance.

The way she treated Gage was absolutely untenable.  I can’t believe he stayed.  And I bet that surprised her too since she had spent years running people off.  Nope this is the best thing for that entire home.

Jeff should have put his foot down about her treatment of Gage. There was absolutely no reason for her to get away with it and as her boss and Gage's partner he let it continue , I find that as disgusting as her treatment of Gage.

I guess that's why I don't HATE Zoila. She didn't happen in a vacum. Jeff was a huge part of how she behaved. I am never going to believe that Jeff was to scared to set her straight.  She and Jeff fed off the disfunction.  So the whole Zoila got what she could from Jeff and was evil. Doesn't ring true at all to me. Zoila was rotten at times and Jeff loved it and lavished her with gifts, Extra help. Because he loved her ,not because she was manipulating him for LV bags lol.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, imjagain said:

I agree with all of this.  I get most can't stand Z but I do think she's wanted to retire for a while. I think she  stayed for Jeff and once the baby came she felt protective.  Was she a handful, yes.

Jeff spoiled her because he wanted to. Z didn't a hold a gun to his head and demand cars and bags and extra help. Jeff wanted to do those things for her. They had/have a complicated relationship, that can hopefully be better now.

In a way not true. Jeff made it clear that Zoila was his emotional support before Gage. She knew he was dependent on her. That's one of the reasons she hated Gage so, with him around she no longer had the iron control over Jeff. Jenni said Zoila threatened to quit at least 25 times maybe twice that. I remember the time she threatened to quit and Jeff got her the mini to keep her.

It's only Jeff's shift in priorities that got Zoila out of the house now.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Willowsmom said:

In a way not true. Jeff made it clear that Zoila was his emotional support before Gage. She knew he was dependent on her. That's one of the reasons she hated Gage so, with him around she no longer had the iron control over Jeff. Jenni said Zoila threatened to quit at least 25 times maybe twice that. I remember the time she threatened to quit and Jeff got her the mini to keep her.

It's only Jeff's shift in priorities that got Zoila out of the house now.

Okay. 

I like that they limit Monroe's air time. It's good for the family. 

Gage needs to go on paternity leave with her. She's becoming such an engaging baby. I love that when she was born they did skin to skin contact with her. 

• Love 3

I have watched this show from the first season, and I am really drawn to it.  Partly because I have an affinity for home design/decor, but mostly because of the odd 'family' dynamic on display.  I relate to and appreciate Jeff's sense of humor, but I am very uncomfortable with his management style.  His expectation that people should get over it when he berates them because it's how he's always been, makes me stabby.  I would imagine that the disclosures and clauses in the Flipping Out / Jeff Lewis Design work contract are voluminous.  If we were to believe only what we're shown, none of his relationships are mutually beneficial beyond financial gain for the other party.  It's hard to imagine that every single person in his life, be they family, friend, or work colleague, would tolerate his tantrums and just his general demeanor.  I want to believe that the editors don't want us to see the soft side of Jeff Lewis.  My sometimes waning faith in human nature demands it.

Side note - The short seasons and long waits between them really frustrate me about this show.  I'm assuming JL dictates this.  Must be a money maker for Bravo.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 2
On 10/17/2017 at 3:20 PM, Madding crowd said:

I realize we don't see all of Monroe's life, but what we see whether they are at home or traveling, seems to be Monroe in bed or in her room with them watching on a monitor. I really don't see it as them protecting her from filming;; we clearly see her face. Babies need to be talked to, held and they need stimulation to thrive. I don't believe any of the nannies are allowed to take her out of her room. Also, since she has acid reflux, they could take off the ever present tight bibs that seem to be around her neck all the time. 

Like most of you, I'm not a huge fan of Zolia, but I think the nanny problems are much more involved. I would guess the nannies are not allowed out of the bedroom and not allowed outdoors and how many people want to be cooped up with a crying baby like that? 

I don't think that Monroe is kept in her room like the wife of Edward Rochester.  I think that they film during her nap times as much as possible, that's why she's in her room so much.  Reflux doesn't work that way, it has nothing to do with a bib tied around her neck and I really doubt they have it so tight that it would cause any problems.  You hear small things that shows she gets out of her room plenty, like how many hand prints are over the mirror they hold her up to because she loves that mirror. You even saw affection between Jeff and Gage in either the last episode or the one before it.  I just think they keep that part of their life private.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:

I don't think that Monroe is kept in her room like the wife of Edward Rochester.  I think that they film during her nap times as much as possible, that's why she's in her room so much.  Reflux doesn't work that way, it has nothing to do with a bib tied around her neck and I really doubt they have it so tight that it would cause any problems.  You hear small things that shows she gets out of her room plenty, like how many hand prints are over the mirror they hold her up to because she loves that mirror. You even saw affection between Jeff and Gage in either the last episode or the one before it.  I just think they keep that part of their life private.

I've been a lifetime reflux sufferer and tight clothes of any kind aggravate the condition. I never said she was locked anywhere but Jeff himself has said she doesn't go out because of her crying. And with both of them working and a new nanny every few weeks, who would be taking her out ?  I remain convinced she spends most of her time in her room.