Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: Hall of Fame Week

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I wanted to feel bad for Jenna but Kelli is right, she's lucky to even be on the field. She's a 6 year vet and there's no excuse for what she did. They've cut vet's and TCC for the smallest things. I think this will be her last season. I think she needs to get out in the real world and out of the DCC bubble.

I do wonder if K&J want (or expect) Jenna to "woman up" , " take one for the team", by self-realizing she didn't live up to her leader duties/qualities and submit her resignation.

• Love 2

Random musing:  I wonder what would have happened if the rest of the veterans had gotten together behind Jenna and asked K and J if she could have her point position back?  Perhaps K and J would think that it is impressive for the ladies to all "stand up" for their friend, but the other side of the coin is that K and J could have thought that this was their decision and the rest of the squad should mind their own business.  It would be interesting to see how something like that would turn out.

2 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I'll play the devil's advocate here and ask, "but who really decided to show that office visit and why?" While I am sure Kelli has some input (and Charlotte even more so), there is that little thing called ratings and "interesting/"good" story lines. I don't think Kelli or Charlotte told the editors to include that segment so that they could "put Jenna and anyone who thinks about speaking up in any way at all down." More like the editors said, "oooo, something juicy to include" and either Kelli/Charlotte didn't know about it; knew about it, didn't like it, but were overruled (not likely); or knew about it and were okay with it (most likely scenario). But to include it just to punish Jenna and warn others? Nah, they have better/more effective ways to do that.

I like juicy segments!  This season has been a rollercoaster & I am glad they included these scenes.  

1 hour ago, sATL said:

According to this, the HOF inductees are announced in February.  ( link )The ceremony is in August. Granted you don't know which veterans would be around in August and just maybe the DCC was a last minute invite , but seems like there was time to have quite a few rehearsals before getting to OH. At the very least hold a few rehearsals outside (yes, the climate is different) and on a field w/o a big star in the middle. I think all fields but MS/HS level have something in the middle of the 50 yr line.

I asked about the heat difference b/w Dallas and the southern states (GA/TN/AL/) last week, when rehearsal was from twilight to moonlight, and everyone hair was perfect when they went inside. sounds like there is a difference and humidity can ruin a hairdo - unless there is some wonder product on the market. I wonder if the practice field (the place where K&J are in the tower) is air-conditioned too.

August in Ohio can sometimes be in the 50's.  Crazy weather & definitely humid. I was surprised to see all of the sunshine!

When I moved to DFW area a few years back (from Florida) in July, it was definitely a dry heat.  The next summer I thought is was humid in Texas BUT we went back to visit family in Florida, walked out of the hotel & I was wet...That is humidity!  And I live in Florida now!  

Edited by Jazzmom
  • Love 2

I think they might be impressed because it would show that Jenna is some kind of leader but would say that they weren't ready to put her back on point but would take their action into consideration. I'm curious when if they were going to give her point back until she asked about it, showing that she is more concerned about herself than the team. She really screwed up in sending that text, or asking in any form about point because it did show that what matters most to her is being the head girl.

Christina needs to already be gone.  Once upon a time, I liked her and her new haircut,  but now she can't get off my screen fast enough.  They listed like ten criticisms of her and she doesn't even get called in???  Come on!  Yet Keyra doesn't smile and here we are.  

And why are we being introduced to her?  What's next?  Bring back Vivian and introduce us to her?  How can anyone NOT know who Christina is at this point?  Is there anyone left who cares?

Jenna made an ass out of herself.  When you screw up at work and have important tasks taken away, you're in the doghouse.  You will know you are no longer in the doghouse when they let you out.  Until then, it's a waiting game.  If you don't like it, don't do the things that put you in that situation.  She needed to be eating a big piece of humble pie and realizing that point was probably gone for good.  If she got it back, that was just a bonus.  This is called LIFE.  As for Shelley "telling." I call that "doing her job."  I hate the word "toxic" but that's what it was becoming at that point.  New girls don't need to be hearing that crap.

Jenna can also leave my screen at any time, really.

Good for KaShara, though.  I love her!  I love how she's like the anit-Jenn K.  She's just earthy and down home and country.  Like when she said she has no place in the etiquette class!  I love that she's done so well for herself on the team.  

• Love 15
4 hours ago, sATL said:

I don't understand why they didn't send a playlist to the HOF DJ or plug in one of their ipods... this is 2017  - not having the music you need doesn't make sense..

Maybe the HOF rejected using their music?  Which is odd if you accepted the request for a dance team to perform. Is it unusual for cheerleaders to perform at the HOF?

Edited by PBSLover
5 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

I like juicy segments!  This season has been a rollercoaster & I am glad they included these scenes.  

This is about Holly and Jenna (there is no context in what is written above):

It was not addressed last year, but the problem didn’t go away so perhaps that is why they showed it. It has happened in the past with other cheerleaders but maybe it was over right away.  But need to state the obvious here: they have a hit reality show, it’s great content.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Random musing:  I wonder what would have happened if the rest of the veterans had gotten together behind Jenna and asked K and J if she could have her point position back?  Perhaps K and J would think that it is impressive for the ladies to all "stand up" for their friend, but the other side of the coin is that K and J could have thought that this was their decision and the rest of the squad should mind their own business.  It would be interesting to see how something like that would turn out.

Something tells me it would’ve been nearer to the latter case..Wasn’t there a scene in one of the early Seasons where Kelly called all the vets into the locker room (during TC) and dressed them down because she’d heard they were worrying who was going to be in the front of formations, etc? 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Blndee6 said:

Something tells me it would’ve been nearer to the latter case..Wasn’t there a scene in one of the early Seasons where Kelly called all the vets into the locker room (during TC) and dressed them down because she’d heard they were worrying who was going to be in the front of formations, etc? 

Yes she said look at all of you, do you think you would all fit in the front row which was more like the front row that came out on the Dallas side in the beginning.  I think she went on to say rather firmly that if they didn't think they would like beginning in the front room, there were girls in the other room who would give their eye teeth to be anywhere on the formation.  Gosh you have been watching for a long time too!

18 minutes ago, Blndee6 said:

Didn't that have more to do with weight or dancing or something? I might be thinking something different but I remember a scene during Nicole Hamilton's (she's the only one I'm vividly seeing in my mind) time on the squad where K called vets into the locker room and had a discussion.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
spelling...I need to go to bed
5 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I think this comes across as Shelly being out of touch with how the girls feel about it (and maybe forgetting how the cheerleaders during her time felt about it -- if it wasn't a big deal, honor, or something special, why bother to rotate?) as well as the need to maintain their "all sweetness and perfect sisterhood" image. Of course it is important for them to be front and center. There just aren't cat fights or huge discussions about it among the girls in front of the staff, cause, you know, you have to be a team player and not toxic and all. Think So Sharp (if you saw it) and all the cattiness/in fighting that was played up and shown on that show seemingly encouraged by the coach -- can't have that for "America's Sweethearts."

I love So Sharp! I really hope it comes back for a second season. I had posted on another thread that it's funny how they show all the cattiness and competition among the girls on that show. It is the polar opposite of what they show on MTT. I actually had So Sharp in mind when I made my post earlier. Those girls care a lot about where they are in the formation and they make it very known. 

• Love 2
On 10/13/2017 at 5:47 PM, milehigh said:

it doesn’t make jenna desperate or “thirsty as hell” to want to know how to reclaim her top spot on the team. dcc proclaims to be “the best of the best” - if you are a part of this so-called best you too would want to know if there’s a chance you’re heading back to Point. IMO anything else (eg, “feeling lucky to be in the triangle as if a rookie”) is a loser’s mentality. 

i also have a hard time digesting the text situation with shelley. after 6 years on the squad it’s hard to believe jenna is so dumb that she didn’t understand that sending that text to a trusted superior would backfire on her. this will be unpopular but IMO shelly doesn’t seem trustworthy - she told us being named Point wasn’t a big deal (LOL) and she also told us dayton decided to audition last minute (there’s videos of her going to prep class several months before audition).

This! All of this! ??

• Love 3
11 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Didn't that have more to do with weight or dancing or something? I might be thinking something different but I remember a scene during Nicole Hamilton's (she's the only one I'm vividly seeing in my mind) time on the squad where K called vets into the locker room and had a discussion.

Nicole Hamilton was called out in Season 3 for flunking the test, and Erica Jenkins was called out for her weight in the locker room. I think it was Season One where a vet ask where she was going to be in the formation, and Judy read her the riot act.

5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Erica Jenkins was called out for her weight in the locker room.

She was also called out for pouting that they didn't like her solo, but Kelli scolded her with all the cut vets who would have loved to have still been there.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Nicole Hamilton was called out in Season 3 for flunking the test, and Erica Jenkins was called out for her weight in the locker room. I think it was Season One where a vet ask where she was going to be in the formation, and Judy read her the riot act.

I wanna say the scene I'm remembering is the season Nicole flunked the test now that I think about it.  She was crying in the locker room.  Don't remember any reaction from Erica J

On 10/13/2017 at 2:58 PM, tajalexander said:

You know what part lowkey broke my heart? 

Keyra trying to keep it professional and together in the office after Kelli looked her dead in her eyes and said “maybe sexy isn’t your thing.” Just that whole conversation. Very difficult to have. 

It was something about her eye motions that just made me feel horrible for her in that moment. 

Kelli could have worded that differently, or remind her that she is attractive and pretty and just to work on more dynamic faces VS flirtation because it can read wrong on the camera and to always be aware that all eyes and phones are on you. Some of those sentences had me screaming “Damn Kelli, stop twisting the knife and just ask the girl to smile!”

Oh gosh, I so agree.  I cringed during that conversation, which could have been worded much more gracefully to get to the same end.  "Keyra, it looks like you're aiming for sultry in these pics, but your brand of sexy truly is your power and projection.  Just a great smile is all you need."

I personally like a variety of figures on the team, and I like Keyra's gymnast/muscular build, but I think she would have been cut most years.  I keep thinking about Racecar Taylor and her amazing dancing and her kicks that are on the same level (possibly better) than Christina's or Taryn's.  Sometimes making the squad is just a timing issue.

On 10/13/2017 at 8:13 PM, RedDelicious said:

Oh my gosh, that is the thing that drives my dad crazy (I dvr MTT because I can't get it at my house). My parents will watch with me sometimes and he always says he can't believe they make them sit on the floor, mostly when they are waiting to get called into the office. You would think the Star-chitect would have designed an office for Kelli with an ante area and seating for people to wait with dignity. 

After a few hours of rehearsal, sitting on the floor and stretching probably feels amazing.  I'm willing to bet they'd pick the floor over a recliner at that point in the evening.

On 10/16/2017 at 8:04 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

ITA - and what makes it even worse is that the DCC get paid almost nothing yet the onus is on them to be the responsible ones who stay away from the players. Meanwhile the players are making millions of dollars and they can get away with just about anything.

Indeed, and it doesn't make things right.  Sorry for the rehash of what I've said in the spoiler threads that many of y'all don't play in, but cheerleaders are much easier to replace than a player.  NFL players have an extremely unique skillset that can help bring in billions of dollars of revenue over the course of their career.  Zeke Elliott is 22 years old and even AFTER his suspension, was ranked the #10 running back in the league.  And that was knowing he'd miss six games!  The Cowboys are worth nearly $5B as a franchise and brought in $840M in revenue last year, of which the DCC was approx 1M.  The best of the NFL cheerleaders, by far, but it's only 0.12%.  So yes, the players will be allowed to do whatever they want (see:  Ray Lewis), and a cheerleader breaking the rules will be dismissed.  As talented as Holly, Jenna, etc. are, they are easier to replace than a rock star running back who contributes to the bottom line.

Again, it doesn't make things right from a moral perspective, but less moral choices have been made for less money.  The DCC is important to the organization and Jerry Jones himself said they were the finest ambassadors, but many a pro team has shown that they can be successful without the ladies on the sideline.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I wanna say the scene I'm remembering is the season Nicole flunked the test now that I think about it.  She was crying in the locker room.  Don't remember any reaction from Erica J

Erica was called into the office for a poor solo and weight gain.

What is still bothering me about this episode was the image of Madeline with her beet red face  when she overheated.  That poor girl did not look well at all, and even though I knew nothing bad happened to her I was still worried about her well-being.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I think this comes across as Shelly being out of touch with how the girls feel about it (and maybe forgetting how the cheerleaders during her time felt about it -- if it wasn't a big deal, honor, or something special, why bother to rotate?) as well as the need to maintain their "all sweetness and perfect sisterhood" image. Of course it is important for them to be front and center. There just aren't cat fights or huge discussions about it among the girls in front of the staff, cause, you know, you have to be a team player and not toxic and all. Think So Sharp (if you saw it) and all the cattiness/in fighting that was played up and shown on that show seemingly encouraged by the coach -- can't have that for "America's Sweethearts."

Meh. I really don't think that at all. I think Shelly was just doing her job. It likely means more to certain girls that others, but I really don't think she has no clue about what it may mean to a girl.

19 hours ago, sATL said:

I do wonder if K&J want (or expect) Jenna to "woman up" , " take one for the team", by self-realizing she didn't live up to her leader duties/qualities and submit her resignation.

Of course! That's a no brainer!

18 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

LOL no. They'd probably be like "....seriously?" I don't think it would have turned out well.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

What is still bothering me about this episode was the image of Madeline with her beet red face  when she overheated.  That poor girl did not look well at all, and even though I knew nothing bad happened to her I was still worried about her well-being.

Heat strokes are no joke. I'm from Texas and I don't do well in the heat at all. Just walking to my car in the parking lot is a killer let alone dancing for hours in it.

• Love 1

Off topic...I cannot stand the heat. The heat makes me sick to the point I feel light headed and dizzy within moments of going outside in hot weather. It has also causes my chest pain and tightness and asthma type symptoms to kick in. I do not know how the girls dance in the heat even with air conditioners running.

I think if K&J had truly wanted Jenna to resign, they would have said so, even if off camera.  They didn't take away her group leader position, which tells me that she's likely an excellent coach for her rookies and does a solid job leading the sideline dances. We've been shown bits of this happening as a vet over the past few years.

She might not be a good leader from a behavior POV, but she's a great dancer and probably does a good job on her dance related leadership duties.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

She was also called out for pouting that they didn't like her solo, but Kelli scolded her with all the cut vets who would have loved to have still been there.

BUT....she got her revenge body back and looked GORGEOUS during the squad photo shoot. ?

• Love 1

In the 2 hour pilot back in 2005  some girls on the team were asking "who's dancing in the front row Texas Stadium?"  Brandi (RHOD) told Kelli and Judy there were girls wondering who would be  up front dancing. They had a meeting in the locker room and Kelli basically told them if they weren't happy they could "leave tonight". I remember Judy saying " it's sickening".  K & J were not happy during this meeting.

I'm sure the girls care about placement but it is not wise to vocalize it.  Wish we could see that 2hr pilot again!

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, flightlevel said:

In the 2 hour pilot back in 2005  some girls on the team were asking "who's dancing in the front row Texas Stadium?"  Brandi (RHOD) told Kelli and Judy there were girls wondering who would be  up front dancing. They had a meeting in the locker room and Kelli basically told them if they weren't happy they could "leave tonight". I remember Judy saying " it's sickening".  K & J were not happy during this meeting.

I'm sure the girls care about placement but it is not wise to vocalize it.  Wish we could see that 2hr pilot again!

Yes, that’s the scene I remembered! Also wish we could see that 2 hour pilot again...

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Heat strokes are no joke. I'm from Texas and I don't do well in the heat at all. Just walking to my car in the parking lot is a killer let alone dancing for hours in it.

The red face on Madeline was one thing, but the white patches scared me! ? 

On 10/13/2017 at 7:16 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Who was the vet on the far right of Christina's group? Weird that Judy and Kelli didn't say anything about this mistake:

dcc.jpg

Just watched this episode (finally got around to it). I cannot believe this was not jumped on. Do their arms ever go the other way (right in the air, left touching the ground)? How does a vet make this mistake? Maybe they were too preoccupied with Christina or it's on the editing room floor, but holy moly that stuck out like a sore thumb!

Kelli's talking head at the end of this episode definitely sounded like she was tired and just fed up with all of the vets' antics!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Just watched this episode (finally got around to it). I cannot believe this was not jumped on. Do their arms ever go the other way (right in the air, left touching the ground)? How does a vet make this mistake? Maybe they were too preoccupied with Christina or it's on the editing room floor, but holy moly that stuck out like a sore thumb!

Kelli's talking head at the end of this episode definitely sounded like she was tired and just fed up with all of the vets' antics!

I think some other posters said it's Jessika.

9 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

For a split second you can see Jessika make a "WTH" gesture after her mistake. It's kind of funny, actually.

6 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

If there is a reaction to the mistake that vet made (and HOW do they make that kind of mistake after not only learning it but performing it so many times), we'll never see it.  It's long gone to the cutting room floor.

Right. I'm sure there was a reaction, but because we didn't see one apparently it never happened? Lol I think we know K&J better than that.

On 10/17/2017 at 6:11 PM, flightlevel said:

On 10/17/2017 at 7:13 PM, Blndee6 said:

Yes, that’s the scene I remembered! Also wish we could see that 2 hour pilot again...

On 10/17/2017 at 8:05 PM, tinabee1967 said:

From your mouth to CMT's ears! 

20 hours ago, sATL said:

it's not on netflicks or the CMT website?

20 hours ago, Calicocats said:

If it exists, someone needs to give up the link!

I think @NICOLES9954 posted some of it over on the Kelli & Judy thread (p. 17). Bad quality, but better than nothing. I  think she was going to post the whole thing & redo some of the bad stuff but I don't know if she was ever able to.

• Love 1

I am getting tired of hearing Kelli saying how this particular team is very hard to make and this is the best year.  I know the bar is raised every year, but still.  It is not necessary.  Everyone knows this is without a doubt the best team in the NFL.  I am 41 years old and it was known THEN.  Kelli does not need to push it so much.

Every time the DCC's do something she acts like they are curing cancer.  I absolutely LOVE DCC but really, when you get down to it they are entertainers for a football team.

Edited by missmansfield
Wrong word
  • Love 1