Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: Hall of Fame Week

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

What a rare treat to see so much DANCING! They performed beautifully in Canton. And so great for Kelli to praise them several times. I wonder how often K&J long for a moment to re-experience their old DCC dancing days.

Jenna will have to sort through the lesson she is learning. It's OK to be confident and ambitious - if you're too compliant and timid your career doesn't flourish - but you can't be too obvious in this organization. They want hard workers who follow the rules without complaint and who know their place. Jenna's follow-up email would have been treated differently in other types of companies - she would have gotten specific answers. She was wanting answers and closure but didn't read the room correctly.

ETA: Kelli is the primary mouthpiece for scolding the candidates, but I've seen glimpses of Judy where she seems to hate some of them. She can be very harsh.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 4

In my opinion, Jenna is not the best dancer on the team because she is a six year girl. I think Robin, Lacey and Jinelle outshine her dance wise and maturity wise. A good dancer/DCC has the whole package. Yes, knowing the dances and performing well is fine and dandy, but Jenna is lacking the maturity and leadership qualities to be a truly outstanding DCC.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

In my opinion, Jenna is not the best dancer on the team because she is a six year girl. I think Robin, Lacey and Jinelle outshine her dance wise and maturity wise. A good dancer/DCC has the whole package. Yes, knowing the dances and performing well is fine and dandy, but Jenna is lacking the maturity and leadership qualities to be a truly outstanding DCC.

The bold is true. ?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I kind of hate this mentality that employers love to drill in their employees’ heads that you should just be glad to be there and shouldn’t have further personal aspirations.

I don't think that's how they meant it, I think they meant it as just be glad you weren't cut and are still here.  Regardless of their reason for keeping her, they didn't have to & Jenna should recognize that & then maybe talk about her aspirations after she got released from the doghouse.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Honestly, when the girls are allowed to come on here and give further information to defend themselves, I’ll give Shelly the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, I don’t like getting half of the sides of the story especially when we’ve been previously told that there are NDAs and other agreements which require confidentiality (I would love to see or get more insight on the terms of that).

You know this is a point I go back and forth on. I kind of hate this mentality that employers love to drill in their employees’ heads that you should just be glad to be there and shouldn’t have further personal aspirations. It’s self-serving BS, IMO. Employers aren’t keeping employees around out of the goodness of their heart. They care about the bottom line and in the case of the DCCs, the end product on the field. If K&J thought they had good enough rookies to step up or if Jenna was a mediocre dancer, she would likely be gone. They’re obviously keeping her for a reason. It’s not one-sided on Jenna’s part.

On the point issue, I think Jenna walks up against the line of entitlement, which is not attractive. She is not entitled to anything. However,  I see nothing wrong with her coming back because she wants point or other things, but this goes back to me thinking the “just be glad you’re here” thing is BS. People want glory and accolades and to move up and be promoted, especially in competitive industries. That’s reality. Jenna is a 6-year vet who IS arguably the best dancer on the team. She was in the triangle last year so of course she wants to be point, which contrary to what some have said, is a big deal. Now that she screwed up, she has to adjust to that new reality that it ain’t happening, but it doesn’t bother me initally.

THIS ENTIRE POST!!! 

Also on the whole giving Shelly the benefit of the doubt...another poster on the board said it best...Shelly has presented a few things that conflict with what's shown on the show...i.e. the point position is no big deal whilst we see for ourselves that Jenna is torn up over losing it, Kashara was overcome with emotion/pride in being given the job for what she thought was just ONE performance, and K & J talk about what an honor it is every few seconds. Also when her kid decided to audition seems murky and then Shelly shot down speculation on the board about the Jenna/Holly situation when it turned out to be pretty much what other posters said. No one's perfect and I've got nothing against Shelly but if it seems shady I'm going to say what's on my mind and will happily admit I was wrong if shown otherwise. 

Edited by kerrieway
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

THIS ENTIRE POST!!! 

Also on the whole giving Shelly the benefit of the doubt...another poster on the board said it best...Shelly has presented a few things that conflict with what's shown on the show...i.e. the point position is no big deal whilst we see for ourselves that Jenna is torn up over losing it, Kashara was overcome with emotion/pride in being given the job for what she thought was just ONE performance, and K & J talk about what an honor it is every few seconds. Also when her kid decided to audition seems murky and then Shelly shot down speculation on the board about the Jenna/Holly situation when it turned out to be pretty much what other posters said. No one's perfect and I've got nothing against Shelly but if it seems shady I'm going to say what's on my mind and will happily admit I was wrong if shown otherwise. 

If you go back and read what I wrote about point I said it wasn’t a big deal when I cheered because our pregame performances changed every week including choreography and formations. We do not make a big deal out of a point on the daily, the girls do not talk about point on the daily. People posting make a bigger deal out of it than we do…That is not to say that being a point is insignificant. The point girl has always been an upper veteran who is usually on SG, not necessarily the top veteran.  #deadhorse

• Love 20

In rewatching this episode, a couple of things I noticed.  The meeting at the very end when Kelli comes out to announce who she wants to see is labeled 10:15 and then when they come back from break, Jenna is called in and the time is 11:45.  Perhaps discussing others in the mean time or doing talking heads with Jenna?  Another thing I noticed was Jenna was the first person who carried in her phone with to the meeting.  Have never seen that happen before and certainly hoped that Jenna wasn't recording it without their knowledge.  I looked at Kelli's body language and how her words were measured and know as someone who has had to tell people hard things before plus wanted to say something else in plain words or use my Mom voice that Kelli exhibited control and professionalism in a situation that probably exasperated her as it seemed like with the girls this season, the "hits" just keep on coming.   Someone asked who hugged Jenna first when she left and it was a blonde that I didn't recognize, all in the same sweatshirt so perhaps her group.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Preity said:

who came up to Jenna when she came out from her meeting? I don’t really remember, but it feels like it wasn’t mostly rookies?

There were Vets too. Jinelle gave Jenna a hug.

I wonder where Jenna's parents are now. Are they still in South Korea? Does anyone know? Personally, I think Jenna chose to stay with DCC another year for a couple reasons: 1. She wanted a chance to lead the squad, i.e. Point. I don't think there's anything wrong with her having aspirations of leading a team of excellent, professional dancers. Why is having ambition a bad thing? She's worked hard over the past 5 years and desiring to have "point for the DCCs" on her dance resume isn't a crime.  2. Jenna has been a DCC since she left high school. I think she wasn't truly ready to close that chapter of her life and take on a new role. I don't know if she's going to school or not, but sometimes people just aren't ready. Again, not a crime.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Preity said:

I woke up this morning after having watched the episode last night and thought: man, all Jenna really cares about is being point? I do feel kind of sorry for her, but today I actually loved kelli calling her out for her selfishness. If you say you love the team, love your teammates and it’s practically your whole life, be grateful you are on the team at all. 

I think Jenna realizes she could have been cut, as she said right before going in to meet up with Kelli.

Just in general - In an organization that excels at excellence, I don't see any reason for Jenna not to want point. Again I ask, why is that a bad thing? Doesn't mean she doesn't love her team and doesn't love dancing for DCC, and her wanting to lead doesn't mean she's ungrateful.  Jenna's an excellent dancer. As Kelli said in one or two season, the Vets all have a bit of "show off" in them, and to be as good as they are, I think that's true. But Jenna has never been a showboat or attention grabber like Holly, so I guess I don't understand all the "dump on Jenna" comments.  Jenna's never been a fav of mine, but I don't think she's mercenary for wanting to be point.

Being a DCC is a dance job, one the girls, including Vets, audition for every year. In every job many strive to earn a promotion. Why is it a bad thing for Jenna to want to earn a "promotion" to point? And why is it a bad thing to question whether she'd lost her chance at the promotion for good? (Yes, agreed; asking later would have been better. :) )

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 4

I don't see where anybody said Jenna wanting point is a bad thing.  The bad thing about it is that she was being punished for having poor leadership skills, but instead of concentrating on improving that, she's concentrating on being point, thus her being called selfish.  I'm sure Kashara has her own concerns about remaining in her position, but I feel like if she ran to them and asked where does she stand and will she remain point, she'd be called out on that as well.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, kerrieway said:

^^^^

I apologize, clearly I was wrong about what Shelly meant about point not being a big deal. 

No you weren't. I guess that's what she meant, but I remember clearly the post and it did read as you thought too. I remember that she said they take into consideration height etc so it's not about being honored as the best veteran. And then she said we are the ones making it a big deal, so it definitely looks like a contradiction.

I loved seeing all this dancing and so much of Lacey! I hope she gets a chance at point too, and I definitely hope she stays on for her fifth year.

As for Jenna, I was so over her this season and I was so vocal about my disdain- I certainly didn't want her at point. But I felt so bad for her. I think it's fairly obvious that she meant it like 'has point been taken from me as a punishment for the whole season, or is this temporary' and of course it makes sense she would ask. She wanted this and while I didn't want to see her up there (or in the triangle at all), she deserved it. I do think it's a fair punishment and Kashara is killing it, but I think maybe at some point they could start rotating between her and Kashara. And it's only fair to give her a heads up that yes, she can actually turn things around or that no, that's off the table. I mean in every other normal work environment asking something like that would be okay.

And I agree with some posters who didn't like what Shelly did. We are all entitled to our opinions of course, but I don't think that Shelly merely said that 'Jenna had some concerns about her positions so you better call her in', there is no way they would have grilled her with questions and asked for receipts with such a simple comment. Jenna got in this position because they read the text and they didn't like her 'tone' (which again, I don't think is fair), so what Shelly did got her in trouble. 

Oh I also I agree with the poster who said they didn't miss the rookies at all... Me neither! I honestly feel like they could cut them all and I would still be happy with the team (well with a few exceptions of course).

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I don't see where anybody said Jenna wanting point is a bad thing.  The bad thing about it is that she was being punished for having poor leadership skills, but instead of concentrating on improving that, she's concentrating on being point, thus her being called selfish.  I'm sure Kashara has her own concerns about remaining in her position, but I feel like if she ran to them and asked where does she stand and will she remain point, she'd be called out on that as well.

There are a ton of posts criticizing Jenna for wanting to be point, that even over her poor leadership skills. 

I feel for Jenna, and losing out on the HOF was a huge deal. So her wanting to know if she'd forever lost out on point too is reasonable, though I totally agree she should have waited longer to ask the question. Guess I don't see why her asking the question at all makes her "selfish." So I gotta agree her asking at that time was wrong, but totally disagree with Kelli that it was selfish. When people screw up its not unreasonable to wonder how badly. I think that's what Jenna wanted to know.

I also think there's a chasm between how poorly Jenna views her leadership and how Kelli views it. Istill don't think Jenna fully gets it, from her jumping the gun in her text. 

• Love 4

I did miss my favorite TCCs Keyra, Lauren, and Kalyssa, but I could absolutely have a show (or some specials) with just the vets. 

Imagine being on DCC:MTT and not prominently featured until you’re a veteran. Imagine all the names we would never hear haha but all the DCC we would finally be able to hear from and fall in love with. 

• Love 6

I enjoyed this show.  I'd rate it as my second favorite due to all of the dancing it showed which is what I prefer.  I am new to this board this year and did not even know it existed.  I've enjoyed watching the show since the first season and I'm not sure why because I'm not a Dallas Cowboy fan.  NFL fan yes, Dallas, no.  I had no idea that K&J were only at a few practices a week! I am shocked.  However, now all of the comments from TCC "I'm nervous when I have to dance in front of you" make sense.  I can understand why Kelli is not there on an every evening basis.  But what about Judy? What does she do when Kelli is not watching the practices?  

I now understand why Kashara was given point.  She doesn't necessarily need to be the "best" dancer, she needs to be good enough to hold her own, she is obviously approachable in terms of personality and does not appear to "show her nerves" on camera and I guess that is what they want this year in the "point" person since Jenna blew her opportunity.  I think K&J are very happy with Jinelle and Lacey as leaders (based on Canton) on the field this year and maybe did not want to give them the "added" pressure of the point position.  

IMO Shelly did the right thing.  More than likely she was "in charge" while K&J were in Canton.  When an employee is in a leadership position, they are usually asked to provide feedback on those under them.  This would include the group leaders.  Since K&J are not there for every practice I'm sure they ask the GLs their opinion on the girls in their group both positive and negative.  

Jenna, *SMH*, talk about bad timing.  I'm not a Jenna fan since the "incident" and feel that she should have been cut.  However, since she was not cut, she does not appear to have learned a lesson.  When she said "I wish I had worded that better" she should have indicated how she would have worded that better.  If she had then she may have been able to dig herself out of the hole she dug.  Jenna has been on the team for 5/6 years.  After that amount of time you should be bringing to the table more than your "dancing skills" you should have improved in media and leadership.  Which to me is why they felt that she should come back for this year in hopes she was ready to be a "leader".  Clearly she was not which is more than likely the reason they are "done" with her.  They'll keep her instead of cutting her because they have a "business need" of very good/excellent dancers.

I completely understand why they brought Keyra in the office based on the pictures.  She is all about power, and the DCC is in some desperate need of power this year and she fills that need.

Edited by LynneH
corrected spelling
1 hour ago, KatebytheSea said:

I think Jenna realizes she could have been cut, as she said right before going in to meet up with Kelli.

Just in general - In an organization that excels at excellence, I don't see any reason for Jenna not to want point. Again I ask, why is that a bad thing? Doesn't mean she doesn't love her team and doesn't love dancing for DCC, and her wanting to lead doesn't mean she's ungrateful.  Jenna's an excellent dancer. As Kelli said in one or two season, the Vets all have a bit of "show off" in them, and to be as good as they are, I think that's true. But Jenna has never been a showboat or attention grabber like Holly, so I guess I don't understand all the "dump on Jenna" comments.  Jenna's never been a fav of mine, but I don't think she's mercenary for wanting to be point.

Being a DCC is a dance job, one the girls, including Vets, audition for every year. In every job many strive to earn a promotion. Why is it a bad thing for Jenna to want to earn a "promotion" to point? And why is it a bad thing to question whether she'd lost her chance at the promotion for good? (Yes, agreed; asking later would have been better. :) )

I don't think people are faulting her for wanting the point position. I think everyone's problem with her is the way she's handling it being taken away from her. 

• Love 9

I think people dumping on Shelly are being a bit unfair to her.  We DON'T know what was said before they were sent the text so it's most likely a "Here's a general overview of the week" when Judy and Kelli returned and then they wanted more information.  I don't think Shelly really went into any detail/depth about it unless there was more to the situation than we saw/heard and I don't doubt there was.  I hold Jenna to be the most responsible for the latest office visit because she couldn't wait to find out what the situation was regarding point.  Sadly, I don't think she handled it very well.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, kerrieway said:

^^^^

I apologize, clearly I was wrong about what Shelly meant about point not being a big deal. 

frankly i don’t see anything to apologize for. i read shelly’s initial posting to be an insinuation that us silly viewers were making much ado of nothing in re: to who is Point. she can use legalese to parse her points in her original post if she’d like, but knowing what we’ve seen now i think most of our initial reads on the situation were correct - Point is indeed a big deal and an honor to whomever dances in the position 

• Love 14
30 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I think people dumping on Shelly are being a bit unfair to her.  We DON'T know what was said before they were sent the text so it's most likely a "Here's a general overview of the week" when Judy and Kelli returned and then they wanted more information.  I don't think Shelly really went into any detail/depth about it unless there was more to the situation than we saw/heard and I don't doubt there was.  I hold Jenna to be the most responsible for the latest office visit because she couldn't wait to find out what the situation was regarding point.  Sadly, I don't think she handled it very well.

We know that Judy was reading the actual text, which means Shelly sent it to her.  I was shocked to see a woman of her ripe age acting like that.

• Love 5

Now I will play the other side and say this.

What would they do if Jenna does quit before the season is over. Means they would have to reblock everything that she is in. That would definitely be a HUGE F u to J and K.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, misssue said:

Now I will play the other side and say this.

What would they do if Jenna does quit before the season is over. Means they would have to reblock everything that she is in. That would definitely be a HUGE F u to J and K.

K&J feel that everyone is replaceable. Jenna is not the only young, pretty dancer out there. Her boots would get filled quickly by an All Star who has earned her stripes, as UnicornKicks mentioned above.

59 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I think people dumping on Shelly are being a bit unfair to her.  We DON'T know what was said before they were sent the text so it's most likely a "Here's a general overview of the week" when Judy and Kelli returned and then they wanted more information.  

Yes. Totally agree. With many employers, you cannot leave out any details when reporting what went on in their absence. Shelley has been such a great source of info on these boards and it would suck majority if a little verbal bullying made her want to bow out. 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 8

I think the whole argument about the significance of "point" is a bit over the top.  Of course they put thought into who gets that position, but I doubt it's the be-all, end-all of veteran rankings that it's been made out to be by us.  I think it's highly likely that the show is merely trying to give us, the fans/viewers, the experience that we want.  WE are the ones that have been talking about point non-stop, so it makes sense that they would include something about point in the show after not focusing on it at all for the past 11 seasons (especially since it relates to the Jenna drama).

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
Additional info
3 hours ago, kerrieway said:

^^^^

I don’t have a dance or cheer background or any real knowledge of the DCC culture, so I have refrained from giving an opinion here on the Jenna point position question and how appropriately or not she handled her “demotion” from that position or her punishment in general, nor do I even specifically know what she did wrong in the first place, other than social media rumors. But just being a logical person, I don’t think it’s possible to judge how important the point position is to Jenna, Kashara or any other DCC, past or present, based on what a previous or current individual DCC might say. Right or wrong, to Jenna it was that important and that is why she did what she did and now must deal with the fallout. #Life lesson learned, #Whole life ahead

• Love 1
3 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

There are a ton of posts criticizing Jenna for wanting to be point, that even over her poor leadership skills. 

To me the criticism is more about how she went about asking about it, not about the fact that she wants it. Or, what I just noticed @NMDD43  said!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

I wish point rotated between several cheerleaders. Robin, Lacey, Jinelle and heck even Cersten ( young vet) should give it a go. Rotate the main three up front. 

Saw show again. Love seeing the vets way more than the newbies which I consider most a snooze fest.  More vets please. And more dancing. 

• Love 5

Thoughts on Episode 11

Enjoyed this episode. I really enjoyed the HOF part. It was cool to see some of the museum and learn a little bit about what goes on there. I thought all the girls looked beautiful and classy during the tour. Emmit Smith looks like a fun dude to hang out with.

I loved seeing all the dancing without slow mos and combining several parts of difference routines making it look as though it was one dance. Mainly the dancing they did for the rehearsals. 

I wish they would have shown the DCC in their gold outfits!

Wow Tess speaks!  And she is very tall.

Holograms are really cool and slightly creepy at the same time.

Loved seeing Kashara at point and Lacy and Cersten looks great behind her. Cersten is definitely a new fave of mine and I hope she can do one more season before med school.

There were a few talking heads with Lacy where she looked stunning,  she is such a beautiful girl.

K and J looked great too. I think Judy has always looked great but Kelli has to have been on a health and fitness kick over the summer because the difference in what she looks like on the show the first episode and this past episode is dramatic. She looks wonderful and I loved her in that light grey dress at the end.

I shared my thoughts on Jenna already so I will leave that alone.

I am sad there are only two more episodes ??

Some funny quotes from episode 11....     Kashara said her family was "raizin it!"   Maggie said "Winner winner chicken dinner"  All of them said "Woof!"

• Love 4
On 10/13/2017 at 2:06 PM, Jess14 said:

I think Keyra is really lucky that she’s a power dancer in a year with very few power dancers. Another group of girls, and I think she would be a goner. Regardless of how strong her dance is, Kelli clearly doesn’t like her look.

Hmmm...I don’t think Kelli said it to be mean. Keyra is thinking too much about her facials and it wasn’t working.  Kelli should have said, “A pretty smile goes a long way. Just smile. That way you don’t have to think about your facials.” But hindsight is 20/20.

22 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

No, Shelly did her JOB.

End of discussion.  I would do the same thing as would any of you in the same situation.  Jeez.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 8

I really enjoyed the focus on the vets in the episode, actually I enjoyed the entire episode and the Hall of Fame section. I thought Jinelle looked great, her hair was really pretty. Lacey is gorgeous, she looks so good on camera. Amy looked really cute, I like her short hair. 

As someone who lives in PA, let me say that kind of heat and humidity is no joke. You feel like you can’t breathe in it and they were dancing in it. I am amazed at how good they looked with their hair and makeup despite those temps. 

Oh Jenna, I think the main problem is she is immature. She went to DCC right out of high school and has no other adult life experiences and it shows. I don’t blame her for wanting to know if she lost “her” spot but she asked at the wrong time and in the wrong manner. I think Shelly B had to report that text to her bosses, she was asking a question only Kelli and Judy could answer. I think Jenna had this grand plan in her mind of coming back for her 6th year, leading the triangle and going out on top but her own actions took that away and she had to come to terms with it. She took the meeting with Kelli and Judy very well, I give her props for that, now she just needs to stop making bad decisions and be a good veteran DCC for the rest of the year (then retire!).

Edited by MelissaB326
Fixed a mistake
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

I wish point rotated between several cheerleaders. Robin, Lacey, Jinelle and heck even Cersten ( young vet) should give it a go.  

Agree! Especially if we aren’t sure Dr. Cersten is coming back. I would LOVE to see her right up front one time. 

Jinelle... I see doing a 6th year, I predict Robin and Lacey coming back and Robin being moved up in the triangle, Lacey as point. I don’t know how I would feel about Kash getting it again a second year, but I also don’t see why Kash would continue after this year, she should retire on top of her game, and 3rd year is the golden age of DCC to me. 

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

As someone who lives in PA, let me say that kind of heat and humidity is not joke. You feel like you can’t breathe in it and they were dancing in it. I am amazed at how good they looked with their hair and makeup despite those temps. 

I was too.  The only one who I recall looking bad was Madeline....and I don't mean bad as in unattractive, but bad as in I was worried for her health.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

To me the criticism is more about how she went about asking about it, not about the fact that she wants it. Or, what I just noticed @NMDD43  said!

I agree there's been a lot about how she asked about her future point chances. There's been quite a bit of the other too. 

I think young people just aren't taught about the proper way to approach those types of things; the "when appropriate" stuff too. We live in an age of immediacy, of Violet Beauregarde of Willy Wonka: "I want it, and I want it now."  Appropriate timing seems to be lacking. So I can't really fault Jenna for being a product of the age, but wish she'd gotten some advice from an adult before going to Shelly with her question. Then again, maybe she went to Shelly for the advice, and if so, wasn't that a mistake! (Not faulting Shelly for forwarding the text to Kelli, just Jenna for going to "management" instead of asking someone outside the organization for advice ... possibly a former Vet she trusts?)

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, ilovetrashtv said:

I don't think Shelly owed Jenna any confidentiality as essentially her boss.

Also, Jenna's face didn't drop when she was told that they knew about the text to Shelly.  I think the show is making the Jenna/Shelly stuff out to be a lot worse than it actually was.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ilovetrashtv said:

I don't think Shelly owed Jenna any confidentiality as essentially her boss. Shelly responds/reports to Kelli and Judy and it is probably her job to report those sorts of things to them. Jenna dug her own grave. 

39 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Also, Jenna's face didn't drop when she was told that they knew about the text to Shelly.  I think the show is making the Jenna/Shelly stuff out to be a lot worse than it actually was.

THANK YOU!!!!!! This this this! Jenna’s Face in the beginning almost read “yes, Shelly made them aware, time to get my spot back.” until Judy hit her with the unimpressed look. 

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ilovetrashtv said:

I don't think Shelly owed Jenna any confidentiality as essentially her boss. Shelly responds/reports to Kelli and Judy and it is probably her job to report those sorts of things to them. Jenna dug her own grave. 

Since Shelly is DCC management, she shared Jenna's text with her "boss." I think Jenna might have considered the communication more confidential, but that was Jenna's mistake. But I get it. Most posters are anti-Jenna, so I'll put away my give-Jenna-a-break speeches. lol

43 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yes, it's possible Jenna assumed Shelly would share the text. Or maye Shelly told her she'd shared the text so Jenna wouldn't feel blindsided. Guess we'll never know that one. And I agree with you, in that we here on this board are probably making a bigger thing of this than necessary. But then again, that's what boarders do, and considering the MONTHS of obsessing about Jenna/Holly/Erica, I think the Shelly/Jenna talk is pretty tame! lol

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 3

I figure it this way, at the end of the day we only know what we are shown (even then thats edited) and what can be gleaned from tidbits posted online.  Still think the vast majority of what happened was condensed for time and even if all sides came to the board and presented their case, the truth will be somewhere in the middle. Rules were broken by people who should have known better, some choose to learn lessons, some didnt, but the team still continues on. 

If I were Jenna, Id count my lucky stars I wasnt booted off, finish the season and move on to other ventures. Know when to hold them, know when to fold them.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

We know that Judy was reading the actual text, which means Shelly sent it to her.  I was shocked to see a woman of her ripe age acting like that.

But we don't know when the text was forwarded to Judy. Did Shelly send it 2 seconds after she received it from Jenna or days later when she was reporting on the week & K&J asked for it? We don't know.

One of the main reasons I'm giving Shelly the benefit of the doubt: If Shelly is the snitch some posters are making her out to be, Jenna is dumber than a rock. This is her 6th year and she doesn't know that Shelly is going to run to K&J with any little thing? Common sense says you steer clear of the snitches, not send them texts. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

maye Shelly told her she'd shared the text so Jenna wouldn't feel blindsided.

I was actually going to include this thought in my post you quoted, and you're right, we'll never know.  But I'm nosy, damn it!!!

• Love 3
21 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Another thing I noticed was Jenna was the first person who carried in her phone with to the meeting.  Have never seen that happen before and certainly hoped that Jenna wasn't recording it without their knowledge.  

I think she was probably asked to bring her phone since this was all about a text message.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

I think she was probably asked to bring her phone since this was all about a text message.

I’ve seen other girls come into the office with their phone when called in this season.  Not so much previous Seasons. I would have to go back and watch but I’m 90% sure Jenna isn’t the only one to do so 

Also, keep in mind CMT and DCC allowed this snippet to be shown thus allowing us to analyze all we want. I watch this show because I enjoy the dancing but also I like the drama when it shows up. That makes it more real to me. It can’t always be 1 2 3 DCC woooo. DCC comes across to me as a sorority that 80% of the women have a great time in and the other 20% don’t. Just my perception. I feel bad for the ones who are giving it their all but you can tell they a) are in over their head in dance style, b) are not really into the pack mentality (not sure if this is a good or bad thing). To me, Kelly and Judy have always come across as wanting the best for the team and expect performers to represent that  

If they (CMT, DCC) show the DRAMA that occurs behind the scenes, the audience will discuss it. Don’t get mad if the story grows a life of its own—you all are the ones who let us see Jenna and Holly at pretty low points on the show. Then you all give the perception that there is coverup of other things (Erica) and the story again grows a life of its own because people assume and pull bits of info or rumors because it’s interesting to some when an America’s Sweethearts fails.  They should have reported the stories like when Kelly briefly said Holly resigned, that’s a wrap. But to show it and expect us to not jump to conclusions re: Holly, Jenna, Erica, prime positions, etc. is silly and amateur hour. It’s the internet and I think the producers and the DCC spies have forgotten that. 

“Thats my OPINION!!!”—T. Barney Judge

• Love 3
On 10/13/2017 at 0:58 AM, MyFavShows said:

Jessica is so thick and soft in the middle.  Plus she messed up and held up the wrong hand at  the end of the kickline - can't believe they are letting her slide.

Keyra seems so gymnast thick - every time I look at her figure it reminds me of Vivian's first year in training camp when she was cut for having a lot less thick/athletic figure.  And that was really the only reason she was cut that year.

Rachel very thick too.

The hall of fame footage was great - I really enjoyed the tour when I really didn't expect too.

Oh my re: Jenna.  I kind of felt bad for her w/ that text.  Wonder if she felt that Shelly would keep their conversation confidential?   I hate seeing people thrown under the bus that badly, no mater what they are like.   So she was just asking if her losing point was permenant and K&J took major offense - kind of seemed like the way a parent gets mad at a kid who asks if they can come out of their room yet and ads another hour to the punishment.   Jenna must really love being a DCC to not up and quit after how Kelli was towards her in that meeting - she was so cold towards her, and it was on film - this is a job that pays next to nothing, so it's not like she needs the money.   Let's face it too, Jenna is a much better dancer and performer than Kashara - so the team would look much better w/ her at point.

If it were up to me, I'd cut Christina, Rachel and Jessica.  Probably Keyra too.   No 36 member squad this year if it were up to me...

I would have definitely cut Keyra and additionally, Jenna

On 10/13/2017 at 7:18 AM, Cheertator said:

lol @ Shelly saying point isn’t a big deal... apparently it’s a big deal to Jenna! 

Was Shelly ever point?

• Love 2
On 10/13/2017 at 9:39 PM, kerrieway said:

If it all went down this way, with Shelly tactfully mentioning Jenna asked her about point and Kelly requesting to see the text, then yes Shelly had no choice but to do as ordered. I don't think that's what happened but I could be wrong.

The risks Jenna took were on her own time and to our knowledge didn't seem to have anything to do with her behavior as teammate during practice or towards managers. If anything she always seems like a whipped puppy when chastised so I don't know if she'd be giving anyone attitude. Even the text sounded more sad/desperate/emotional..."please tell me if I'm demoted my thoughts are all over the place."

But we ain't going to agree regardless...glad for the exchange of ideas though

Jenna is a fool if she thought Shelly wasn't going to tell Kelly.....so basically, she makes poor choices and is not the sharpest tool in the shed....they should've cut her