Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: Hall of Fame Week

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

After how these swan song years for both Jenna and Angela have played out - I guess the moral of the story is don't come back for one more final year thinking all your DCC dreams will be fulfilled - that you'll finally get show group, point, pro bowl, etc. after all this time cause it's owed to you - your year could end up even worse than you imagine.   You got to wonder if Sydney Durso was trying to finally get some accolades all those years she kept coming back.

But I thought K & J & S liked Sydney's dancing?

I’m not sure why, but I am starting to feel a little sorry for Jenna. I liked her when she first made it, started loving her after a while and the she started really getting on my nerves, so it’s been quite a journey. She needed to be reminded of where she is and who she is, that’s for sure. But I do get where she was coming from when she sent that text. Her whole DCC world came crushing down on her (yes, it’s her own fault, no excuses) and that’s hard for anyone. She has no idea where she stands now. Was it the mature way to handles it? No. But I think everyone sometimes acts in ways they later realize were not that smart. She was hurt and probably a little confused, so I do get it. 

Still, I don’t feel like her punishment (taking point away) is wrong. Everyone needs to remember how replaceable they are every once in a while.

Also, Kelli and Judy probably wanted to know exactly what went down while they were away, telling them about Jenna’s text is not exactly like ratting her out, of course she was (and probably will be for a while) being monitored. 

Okay, enough about Jenna. Overall I loved the episode! I do not watch football and definitly have zero knowledge about it, but canton kind of made me want to start watching it. That must have been a really special time! 

Loved the focus on the vets! More please! 

The photographer was a really good idea, i don’t know if that was just this once, but the should always do that. They have media training and all that and this seems just as good a training. 

Edited by Preity
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Once again I guess I am in the minority because this episode to me was boring. Enough with the we are America's best because we can adjust to changes or this is the biggest most historical performance we ever done, or no pressure, pressure, and did I say pressure. Millions of people have to make adjustments at their jobs, families or other things in their daily life. Geesh...I guess my husband should consider himself one of America's best because he transferred to another group home after working at another one for years in February. I also do not see Keyra's appeal because she does look DCC soft in her middle and behind. Other girls who could dance and had the DCC style personality were cut for having the same type of middle and behind in the past. They should have cut Jenna. I also noticed a few vets were off during the practice with the rookie candidates after coming back from Canton. And when I think of inspiring places in the world and heroes on the football field, I immediately think of the Football Hall of Fame and former Dallas Cowboys players. *rolling eyes*

I was bored of the whole HOF thing during the first half of the show. I couldn't wait until they got back to TC.

• Love 3

Loved this episode because....JUDY!!!!  I love that Judy is getting so much screen time.  I love that we are seeing what Judy does and how she makes it all work.  And I love that they are showing us new things that we have never seen...yes HOF is something special but still.  I love how the vets are getting so much screen time.  

• Love 18

The whole making adjustments over and over again reminds me of Julia Sugarbaker on Designing Women. Any time someone talks about making an adjustment at work, at home or other daily life activities I want to say I do not know why I do not stop a minute and think how the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders make adjustments before making any life changing adjustments in my own life.

Edited by bigskygirl
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Once again I guess I am in the minority because this episode to me was boring. 

+1

4 hours ago, Hotaru said:

I really disagree with you all about Jenna. I think she had every right to ask the question and Kelly was extremely unfair and pretentious toward her. Who will think about Jenna if not herself? She is a 6 year veteran, they left her in a literal limbo without any clear position and goal, she wanted to know her status, if she is permanently removed from the point, if she has a chance to win it back, what is her future goal on the team? Can she write it off completely and concentrate on her own group or does she have to concentrate on pushing for the point back? Those are not toxic or selfish questions, they are legitimate concerns....

And KaShara is just not as good of a dancer as Jenna or Robin or Lacey no matter how darling she is, I like her personality and attitude so much but she is constantly out-danced by veterans next to her!

I think the point is, her personal "goal" is of no concern to them. She had it, lost it, now move on. You're right, she has the right to ask, but if they wanted to give it back to her, even after they made a big deal about how difficult it was to reblock it.

Also, I don't think anyone thinks KaShara is the best dancer on the team.

3 hours ago, SaraHabz said:

I noticed Erika sitting in the studio when Keyra and Jenna were called into the office, so she's still there.  I'm assuming that will go down next week.

Nothing will "go down." We'll be lucky if they mention it.

• Love 2

Finally got to watch this episode. A certain husband of mine was up late watching the Cubs game ?

That was cool of them to finally show clips of dancing that weren't 5 seconds long.

I cannot believe in that heat they still look so good. Other than Maddie, none of them had a bead of sweat on them or makeup melting off. Color me impressed

Oh hey, Erica, you're still there. Just hanging out, not dancing, just watching. Must be a pretty easy-breezy season for you so far. All the perks of being a DCC but not having to do any of the work.

Anyone else not really miss the rookies at all that first half of the episode? 

Christina, your excuses for everything are so mind numbing at this point.

Goodness Jenna. You are a little brat. I do not know how Kelli and Judy put up with her. Girl just keeps digging her hole deeper. I'm glad Kelli knocked her down a few pegs.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, mmm said:

Do think if it was a Lie K&J would let slide ?!! She's prettier and younger than Jenn K there are alot of reasons why she would be asked to stay over Jenn. 

I literally boycotted last year bec Jenn K was chosen point so I missed this whole USO tour thing ? Can u fill me in ?

I'm not saying she lied.  And I'm not trying to dis "your girl"!!  I've always liked Jenna, but she's kinda developed into a mini-Sidney diva over the years.  Still like her dancing though!  Kelli & Judy probably did encouraged her to stay.  She is younger and has more "dance years" in her.  The way she came across on SM was that K&J begged HER and ONLY her because she's the best DCC EVER!   They probably had very high expectations of her and she let them down.   When Kelli kept saying "by example," it leads me to think that she let them down before and they wanted to be SURE she knew that she was expected to do better.

I really hate that you boycotted the DCC last year because of one girl!  It's a shame because they are a TEAM full of individuals that can appeal to everybody.  I hope you don't boycott this year because of KaShara!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, mmm said:

Do think if it was a Lie K&J would let slide ?!! She's prettier and younger than Jenn K there are alot of reasons why she would be asked to stay over Jenn. 

I literally boycotted last year bec Jenn K was chosen point so I missed this whole USO tour thing ? Can u fill me in ?

She didn’t say any of that about JennK, I watched it myself. All she said was “I was going to retire last season but K&J felt that I had more to give.” I’ll call shade when I see it, but it didn’t come off as entitled or anything. Someone had asked in the livestream (Holly’s IG) and she answered. 

As for the USO tour last year to Milan, it’s rumored Jenna and Holly didn’t go because that’s when fraternization issues started. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

First I think that Jenna should have been mature enough to have a FACE to FACE conversation rather than a text which is a more coward way sort of like breaking up with a boyfriend that way.  Then I think they could have heard whether she was sincere by looking at mannerisms, eye contact, voice tone.  I have not seen that there is huge support for Jenna rather that she has severely fallen from grace and people are fed up with it.

Right?! Like, come on Jenna, use your brain. You just got punished and you know K&J are busy at the Hall of Fame game and aren't thinking about you and your position in the triangle at the moment. Get over yourself, put your phone down, and wait until they get back and then request a meeting to talk about where you stand. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Preity said:

I’m not sure why, but I am starting to feel a little sorry for Jenna. I liked her when she first made it, started loving her after a while and the she started really getting on my nerves, so it’s been quite a journey. She needed to be reminded of where she is and who she is, that’s for sure. But I do get where she was coming from when she sent that text. Her whole DCC world came crushing down on her (yes, it’s her own fault, no excuses) and that’s hard for anyone. She has no idea where she stands now. Was it the mature way to handles it? No. But I think everyone sometimes acts in ways they later realize were not that smart. She was hurt and probably a little confused, so I do get it. 

Still, I don’t feel like her punishment (taking point away) is wrong. Everyone needs to remember how replaceable they are every once in a while.

Also, Kelli and Judy probably wanted to know exactly what went down while they were away, telling them about Jenna’s text is not exactly like ratting her out, of course she was (and probably will be for a while) being monitored. 

Okay, enough about Jenna. Overall I loved the episode! I do not watch football and definitly have zero knowledge about it, but canton kind of made me want to start watching it. That must have been a really special time! 

Loved the focus on the vets! More please! 

The photographer was a really good idea, i don’t know if that was just this once, but the should always do that. They have media training and all that and this seems just as good a training. 

I definitely feel sorry for her at this point ... it's a bit pathetic to be honest.  She should resign and move on with her life.  I do think tattling on Jenna served no purpose but to create drama.  Yes K+J want to know what went down while they were away but was that tidbit about Jenna important to the business operations / function of DCC?  Was it critical to their job or the success of the team?  Or was Jenna just confiding in Shelly and hoping to get some guidance/feedback from her.  I think Jenna should just cut her losses and leave the team .... why be around haters or people who are going to betray you or be rude to you?  Might as well just cherish the memories and move on with life.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

I really hate that you boycotted the DCC last year because of one girl!  It's a shame because they are a TEAM full of individuals that can appeal to everybody.  I hope you don't boycott this year because of KaShara!

I also think Boycott is the wrong word but I don't know what else to call it? I hated the majority of the leadership Last year I hate Jenn , Megan , Amy.  And I think girls like Danielle and Jessica are better and we pushed to the background bec the others I mentioned before. 

I actually used to really dislike Jenna but always thought she's good dancer. I think biggest problem is that Jenna is visibly the better dancer (I have a dance background)  but I watch the show with people who don't have any and are total casuals never remember the girls or their names but I remember when they was announcing the group leaders I was watching with my cousin who is a total casual watcher of the show and when they mentioned Jenna she said "Obviously she's clearly the best one".

I actually love Kashara but I just think Jenna is far better dancer. 

1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

She didn’t say any of that about JennK, I watched it myself. All she said was “I was going to retire last season but K&J felt that I had more to give.” I’ll call shade when I see it, but it didn’t come off as entitled or anything. Someone had asked in the livestream (Holly’s IG) and she answered. 

As for the USO tour last year to Milan, it’s rumored Jenna and Holly didn’t go because that’s when fraternization issues started. 

Okay thanks for filling me in.

Edited by mmm
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Yeah, I didn’t watch it but that’s how I remember it being described. It didn’t like seem Jenna ever said that they begged her or even asked her to stay, just that they thought she had more to give, which sounds like something Kelli would say. 

10 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

thirsty for what?? .... punishment?  public dissing? 

Exactly. I could see why she would stay before, but after all of this including that office visit and the airing of it last night.....I would be out. It’s just embarrassing at this point. They can air whatever they want to, but I’m not sure what that scene accomplished last night other than taking her down another few pegs. We could’ve had more dance scenes, more insight into what they see in Christina, etc. I totally get that she messed up, I’m not arguing that. Just stating what I would do at this point.

Edited by Jess14
Clarity
58 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Keyra trying to keep it professional and together in the office after Kelli looked her dead in her eyes and said “maybe sexy isn’t your thing.” Just that whole conversation. Very difficult to have. 

Yeah, I thought that was weird too I think Keyra is sexy. it's obvious like girls like Kaylssa , Kelsey or Holly but i think she's sexy.

• Love 4

Jenna asked the question privately, maybe she didn't want to discuss it on camera. I wouldn't want to beg for my spot back on TV. 

TBH there's a chance they would've given her the spot back if she hadn't asked, the best option for Jenna would've been to wait until before the first home game and if K&J still had Kashara at point to ask if she could do anything to earn back point. This way K&J couldn't take anything else away from her...she'd get the same stupid tongue lashing for being selfish...big whoop. 

BTW Jenna's a performer of course she wants to be front & center...that's not being selfish IMO

Also IMO if Shelly was going to run to K&J it would've been nice to give Jenna a heads up. A simple, "This is the type of convo best put to K&J, please see them Monday after practice." Then let K&J know Jenna had a concern and wanted to chat. Did Shelly need to tell K&J verbatim or forward the text. This whole forwarding people's texts comes off harsh IMO

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tajalexander said:

You know what part lowkey broke my heart? 

Keyra trying to keep it professional and together in the office after Kelli looked her dead in her eyes and said “maybe sexy isn’t your thing.” Just that whole conversation. Very difficult to have. 

It was something about her eye motions that just made me feel horrible for her in that moment. 

Kelli could have worded that differently, or remind her that she is attractive and pretty and just to work on more dynamic faces VS flirtation because it can read wrong on the camera and to always be aware that all eyes and phones are on you. Some of those sentences had me screaming “Damn Kelli, stop twisting the knife and just ask the girl to smile!”

I think Keyra is really lucky that she’s a power dancer in a year with very few power dancers. Another group of girls, and I think she would be a goner. Regardless of how strong her dance is, Kelli clearly doesn’t like her look.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

BTW Jenna's a performer of course she wants to be front & center...that's not being selfish IMO

Thank you ,I 100% agree with every thing you said. 

I really have a hard time understand this board. They want good performers but they don't want them to want attention and call them thirsty. You wouldn't a professional dancer if you don't attention. I don't think any girl auditions bec she wants a Simone or Chantel level career (I love them both no shade) They all want to be in show group, They all want to be GLs , the want in Calendars and the want up in front I think super natural.

Edited by mmm
  • Love 8

I did not like Jenna from the get-go when she said her family sacrificed everything for her dream. She came across as an entitled little princess then and nothing has changed. I hope she thought that big, fat slice of humble pie served by Kelli was mighty tasty.

As far as Shelly reporting about her text, all of those girls know ahead of time anything they say or message can and will be used against them if it is in the least little bit negative.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I think Keyra is really lucky that she’s a power dancer in a year with very few power dancers. Another group of girls, and I think she would be a goner. Regardless of how strong her dance is, Kelli clearly doesn’t like her look.

I feel the same way about Keyra.  This training camp (including the vets) is one of the weakest I remember seeing in a long time - there are very few girls that have the "entire package."  Either they are powerhouses without the look (Keyra), or in constant, snotty RBF (Gina), or considerable weight gain (Jessika).  And that's not even mentioning the obvious rookies like Christina and Savannah that should totally be cut.  It seems like everyone has a pretty visible flaw.  In fact, I feel that's why they are keeping Jenna despite all of her off-the-field shortcomings.  Any other year, they would have shown her the door (especially knowing what it would do for ratings!).

I'm indifferent about KaShara at point.  She doesn't blow me away with her dancing, but she can draw attention in that position because she's sexy enough and she's blonde.  I totally understand why they chose to put her there.  But that awful fake tan...ugh.

• Love 3

I like Jenna but I think the whole thing with her is sad and she actually is coming across as pathetic when she is having her talks with Judy and Kelli. She needs to shut up, finish the season and then retire. She wants a career in entertainment-she has the looks and the talent. Maybe she ought to try Dancing with the Stars, LOL.

BTW-I notice Kelli did some videos a few years back where she was cooking. She seems like such a nice person in them(and funny).

• Love 4

it doesn’t make jenna desperate or “thirsty as hell” to want to know how to reclaim her top spot on the team. dcc proclaims to be “the best of the best” - if you are a part of this so-called best you too would want to know if there’s a chance you’re heading back to Point. IMO anything else (eg, “feeling lucky to be in the triangle as if a rookie”) is a loser’s mentality. 

i also have a hard time digesting the text situation with shelley. after 6 years on the squad it’s hard to believe jenna is so dumb that she didn’t understand that sending that text to a trusted superior would backfire on her. this will be unpopular but IMO shelly doesn’t seem trustworthy - she told us being named Point wasn’t a big deal (LOL) and she also told us dayton decided to audition last minute (there’s videos of her going to prep class several months before audition).

i played D1 college basketball and have had/witnessed many a talk with a coach re: starting/playing time, which is the exact (and incorrect parallel kelli tried to draw). its normal. it’s clear kelli and judy are agitated with jenna, but frankly i find their leadership to be lacking and a lot less than world class in handling a team member and leader 

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

I did not like Jenna from the get-go when she said her family sacrificed everything for her dream. She came across as an entitled little princess then and nothing has changed. I hope she thought that big, fat slice of humble pie served by Kelli was mighty tasty.

As far as Shelly reporting about her text, all of those girls know ahead of time anything they say or message can and will be used against them if it is in the least little bit negative.

Jenna should have requested a meeting with Judy and Kelli to discuss her situation instead of texting Shelly.

• Love 7

In fairness, I feel as though in most jobs if you are suspended, they give you a timeline and you sign documents to that suspension. Like “suspended without pay for a week” or something to that effect. I specifically remember last week Judy said that she “didn’t know” if Jenna would be point again, and that kind of uncertainty from management could be troubling. Imagine telling your parents and and brother (you’re still 22 after all) and they want details that you can’t give them because even you don’t know. Imagine trying to seek advice from your peers when SO much has been left in the dark. It was worth a shot to get specifics on the actual punishment VS trying to have it overturned so soon and I think she veered it the wrong way. She could have worded that SO differently. I’m 26 now and I sometimes think of my 21/22 years and shake my head. I think she handled it the best she knew how with the resources at her disposal it will absolutely look back on this moment and wish she did it differently. Just one of those life lessons..... broadcast on national television & talked about for pages and pages on forums.

i agree that we should hold Jenna completely accountable for her actions, but in the same breaths, I didn’t agree with the style of “well...... when we feel like it you may come back but now that we know you’re so eager never mind.” Don’t you want girls to be that hungry? Don’t you say all the time that this is a field of naturally competitive women and performers? You can’t be their mom and their boss. 

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 9

IMO, I think Jenna is a great dancer but she was also aware of the contract. Personally, i wouldn’t have sent that text so soon after I had been suspended. I don’t think Shelly was “ratting” her out or being a “tattletale.” Shelly isn’t another TCC. I do feel a little bad that Jenna has made this her entire life because what is she going to do when she retires?

• Love 4

I liked this episode a lot. It seemed to have a better flow than others, but the HoF was lame to me. For someone like me who is not totally in love with football, it didn't seem like as big of a deal as they were making it. 

Shelly came across as a snitch, I am sorry to say. Judy pulled out her phone and read the text word for word, which means that Shelly forwarded it to K and J. Even if that is the protocol, they should not have presented it like that. I would have just said something like it has come to our attention that you are preoccupied with being point, and we would like to discuss that with you. It came across as quite juvenile to me, very tattle tale-like. In that respect I felt for Jenna because sometimes you want to ask someone something but you don't think or prepare for them telling everyone and their mother about it. It seemed like Shelly ran to K and J, like look what Jenna just said! She is going to get it. 

However, I don't think that Jenna was being sincere with her question for the simple fact that she whined about being punished. If she was truly wondering, she could have waited until they got back. The text seemed like an act of despair on coupled with a "how dare you" attitude. As in, why have you not given me point back? Do you know who I am?'

Christina is a joke and should not be on the team period. She may be a nice person, but she is not flexible enough and it shows. I was shocked with how large Keira is. That girl has major, as K would say, "drum stick" thighs. Her stomach was not looking good either. Also she did not look friendly. Not sure why she is there. I thought Brennan had way more potential. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

It's no surprise that DCC is a glorified sorority.  It seems like these girls should know better than anyone that anything they say or do is 99.9% guaranteed to get back to Kelli and Judy in some form.  Especially a 6-year veteran.

^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kerrieway said:

This whole forwarding people's texts comes off harsh IMO

Meh, that's what happens when you are stupid enough to put your dumbass questions in writing, or post photos of yourself drinking during a game, or all the other boneheaded things these girls do because they grew up in a world where every thought that pops into their head, every bad decision they make, has to be documented on some form of media. Sometimes it's better to just have a conversation or do something without taking a picture of it to put on social media. It is sad how stupid their generation is. Everything they are doing, since they are doing it on TV, is going to follow them everywhere they go. 

I think they are all just very naïve. It was naïve to think that that text with a boss was not going to get out to the other bosses. These people aren't your besties. It wasn't a private matter. If Jenna had told Shelly she had herpies and Shelly ran and told K&J, sure, that's bad, but Shelly should let K&J know that Jenna is anxious and worried about her spot on the team. That is information they should have because it could affect Jenna's performance and affect the team. 

• Love 11

Why is Shelly getting hammered for sending Kelli Jenna's text? Point is decided by Kelli and Judy, not Shelly. She asked Shelly a question that only K&J could answer. If someone at work asks me something that only my boss can answer, I'm going to ask my boss.

What if Shelly hadn't sent the text to Kelli? And then Jenna said she'd asked Shelly? Then Shelly looks bad to her bosses, you know, the people who respect her and gave her the job.

Take your punishment or go home. Whining isn't attractive.

• Love 23

The thing with Jenna is she should know better. Six years-she should know what's in the contract by now.  If Judy and Kelly DID actually ask her to come back another year that means they must have had some faith in her and if she hadn't messed up I have a feeling the show this year would have been more favorable towards her. As it is she is a 6 year veteran and should be leading by example which she is not doing. Yes, Holly is an adult but I think the thinking with Judy and Kelli is that Jenna shouldn't have gone with her to a 21+ nightclub to begin with and even try to talk her out of it.  If that didn't work then Jenna should have said "bye, I won't be part of this".  But she didn't.

If she was so concerned about being point again she should have just taken her punishment and showed J and K that she CAN be a good example for her fellow team members . You know, get with the program and realize that the DCC doesn't revolve around her. Like I said, I like her, I think she's cute and so talented. It's such a shame she f'd herself up and might not be redeemable to J and K ever again. I really think J and K gave her that chance this year-I don't see her being asked back into TCC if she tries again. Hopefully she will retire and move on with her life.

Brennan-oh Brennan. I feel bad for her. Hopefully this will be her last year. It's so sad to see them try out again and again. make TCC and then get cut. I am surprised Christina is still there.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, tinydancer2828 said:

IMO, I think Jenna is a great dancer but she was also aware of the contract. Personally, i wouldn’t have sent that text so soon after I had been suspended. I don’t think Shelly was “ratting” her out or being a “tattletale.” Shelly isn’t another TCC. I do feel a little bad that Jenna has made this her entire life because what is she going to do when she retires?

I agree with all this. Jenna is having a crisis because she doesn't want this to end. 

Shelly doesn't decide who is point, so no biggie that she forwarded the message to Kelli. 

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Meh, that's what happens when you are stupid enough to put your dumbass questions in writing, or post photos of yourself drinking during a game, or all the other boneheaded things these girls do because they grew up in a world where every thought that pops into their head, every bad decision they make, has to be documented on some form of media. Sometimes it's better to just have a conversation or do something without taking a picture of it to put on social media. It is sad how stupid their generation is. Everything they are doing, since they are doing it on TV, is going to follow them everywhere they go. 

I think they are all just very naïve. It was naïve to think that that text with a boss was not going to get out to the other bosses. These people aren't your besties. It wasn't a private matter. If Jenna had told Shelly she had herpies and Shelly ran and told K&J, sure, that's bad, but Shelly should let K&J know that Jenna is anxious and worried about her spot on the team. That is information they should have because it could affect Jenna's performance and affect the team. 

Or post photos of yourself and an underage girl all decked out as you are hitting the 21+ nightclubs.

"It is sad how stupid their generation is. Everything they are doing, since they are doing it on TV, is going to follow them everywhere they go". 

^^This is the comment of the day. I see this so many places, Nurses get fired for posting patient stuff on SM even though it's against HIPAA. Nothing is ever gone on the internet.

LOL@ the herpies commment.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Who was the vet on the far right of Christina's group? Weird that Judy and Kelli didn't say anything about this mistake:

dcc.jpg

That's Jessika 

59 minutes ago, tinydancer2828 said:

IMO, I think Jenna is a great dancer but she was also aware of the contract.  I do feel a little bad that Jenna has made this her entire life because what is she going to do when she retires?

I was wondering that too. She was 18 when she started. I rewatched the season when she tried out and she was so young looking. I don't think I've ever seen a DCC who looked that young but boy, can she dance.  But what is she going to do when she retires from the DCC. 

28 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Why is Shelly getting hammered for sending Kelli Jenna's text? Point is decided by Kelli and Judy, not Shelly. She asked Shelly a question that only K&J could answer. If someone at work asks me something that only my boss can answer, I'm going to ask my boss.

What if Shelly hadn't sent the text to Kelli? And then Jenna said she'd asked Shelly? Then Shelly looks bad to her bosses, you know, the people who respect her and gave her the job.

Take your punishment or go home. Whining isn't attractive.

I don't like the way Shelly handled it because, intentionally or not, it came across as bitchy. Shelly is in her 40s or 50s, Jenna is 24yr old who wanted her spot back. I'm no Jenna stan, she deserved to be punished and should've handled this whole point situation differently but two wrongs don't make a right. 

Shelly should've been a better example of how to communicate with tact and still do the job you're paid to do. 

All Shelly had to do is say to K&J, 'Jenna reached out to me and she wanted to discuss point. I told her to share whatever she had on her mind with you K&J." She didn't have to be a snitch. She forwarded a text, that was completely unnecessary IMO. I hope the rookies are watching and steer clear of any texts to Shelly or other DCCs, they will run to K&J when a simple, "I don't know, go ask..." would have sufficed. 

When K&J were talking about Holly with Jenna they said Jenna didn't have to be a tattletale but she could've let them know Holly was going down a dangerous path. Well if K&J were being honest that advice also applies to Shelly. 

Edited by kerrieway
  • Love 9

My 2 cents on the Jenna situation:

I thought the question she asked was inappropriate. My husband saw this part of the show and disagreed. He thought it was completely reasonable for her to ask them where she stood with the team. I think the huge problem I had with it was the wording she used: "Is point being taken from me" vs. "with the re-blocking am I still at point or in a new position?" or something to that effect. The wording she used makes it sound like she is a 16 year old kid asking her parents when she is going to get 'her' new mustang back. It was only a speeding ticket after all; not that big of a deal. Different wording would make it sound like she just wanted to confirm where she was so she could hit her positions while she danced. I personally don't know what she intended as she said she wished she had worded it differently. 

I don't think Shelly is a snitch for forwarding the text to K&J. It was the appropriate thing to do. The decision regarding Jenna's punishment/point of the triangle is in their wheelhouse and they needed to be the ones to make the decision and/or answer. I would have probably done the same thing. "Hey K&J I got this text from Jenna. Let me know if you want me to help any further with this issue." If I were K&J I would want the exact wording of the text so I could see what was asked and answer appropriately. Nothing shady about Shelly's actions there. Happens all the time with emails, etc. in the workplace if an employee asks a question to a supervisor that is above the supervisor's pay grade. At the end of the day, your supervisor is still a supervisor even if you consider them a friend.

Regardless, Jenna is the one who made this all possible with breaking her contract. She put K&J and Shelly in this position by her actions. I'm sure she has learned a huge life lesson it just stinks for her that it is being aired on national tv.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

I don't like the way Shelly handled it because, intentionally or not, it came across as bitchy. Shelly is in her 40s or 50s, Jenna is 24yr old who wanted her spot back. I'm no Jenna stan, she deserved to be punished and should've handled this whole point situation differently but two wrongs don't make a right.

If she HAD handled it differently Shelly wouldn't have had to be put into the position that she was in.

1 minute ago, Shallan said:

Regardless, Jenna is the one who made this all possible with breaking her contract. She put K&J and Shelly in this position by her actions. I'm sure she has learned a huge life lesson it just stinks for her that it is being aired on national tv.

This is the bottom line when it comes right down to it. Jenna broke her contract-she's lucky she is still on the team but that's my opinion.

• Love 2

Jenna is only 24. She's not doomed for life when she retires from DCC. Millions of people have started over at much later ages, with far more responsibilities. She'll be fine.

5 minutes ago, Shallan said:

My 2 cents on the Jenna situation:

I thought the question she asked was inappropriate. My husband saw this part of the show and disagreed. He thought it was completely reasonable for her to ask them where she stood with the team. I think the huge problem I had with it was the wording she used: "Is point being taken from me" vs. "with the re-blocking am I still at point or in a new position?" or something to that effect. The wording she used makes it sound like she is a 16 year old kid asking her parents when she is going to get 'her' new mustang back. It was only a speeding ticket after all; not that big of a deal. Different wording would make it sound like she just wanted to confirm where she was so she could hit her positions while she danced. I personally don't know what she intended as she said she wished she had worded it differently. 

I don't think Shelly is a snitch for forwarding the text to K&J. It was the appropriate thing to do. The decision regarding Jenna's punishment/point of the triangle is in their wheelhouse and they needed to be the ones to make the decision and/or answer. I would have probably done the same thing. "Hey K&J I got this text from Jenna. Let me know if you want me to help any further with this issue." If I were K&J I would want the exact wording of the text so I could see what was asked and answer appropriately. Nothing shady about Shelly's actions there. Happens all the time with emails, etc. in the workplace if an employee asks a question to a supervisor that is above the supervisor's pay grade. At the end of the day, your supervisor is still a supervisor even if you consider them a friend.

? using th word 'taken' sounded entitled. 

I don't know how long Jenna has been a part of a military family, but with a stepdad and brothers in th service, and living on at least one base, she's seen 18-24 year olds with far more responsibility and maturity than she's ever dreamed of. Time to grow up, Jenna. Expand your horizons.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jenna is only 24. She's not doomed for life when she retires from DCC. Millions of people have started over at much later ages, with far more responsibilities. She'll be fine.

I agree. Jenna will be fine. She has learned a huge life lesson here and she can use this experience to help her mature. We've all screwed up at some point and managed to move past it having learned a hard life lesson. She will be okay.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, misssue said:

If she was so concerned about being point again she should have just taken her punishment and showed J and K that she CAN be a good example for her fellow team members . You know, get with the program and realize that the DCC doesn't revolve around her.

Agreed. There is a MAJOR difference between striving to be the best you can be, wanting to be point of the triangle, wanting to be on show group, etc versus acting like you're better than everybody else, acting like you deserve it over everybody else, and acting like the team revolves around you. Jenna definitely comes off as the latter. Kelli makes it very clear that she does not want girls on the team that are all about themselves. She calls them "toxic" and their names are Chelsea and Vivian. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I know, LOL. But it's so sad to see someone so desperately hanging onto something when she basically did it to herself. It'd like this is their lives-how many said they wanted to be a DCC since they were  5 or 6. And I'm sorry, but it's NOT every girls dream to be a DCC, lol.

All they are are eye candy for the fans.

3 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Agreed. There is a MAJOR difference between striving to be the best you can be, wanting to be point of the triangle, wanting to be on show group, etc versus acting like you're better than everybody else, acting like you deserve it over everybody else, and acting like the team revolves around you. Jenna definitely comes off as the latter. Kelli makes it very clear that she does not want girls on the team that are all about themselves. She calls them "toxic" and their names are Chelsea and Vivian. 

I remember Vivian, oh GOD....................................  Not sure about Chelsea. I've been watching this show for years since it came on but I can't tell you who most of them are now unless they were bizarre like Vivian. That poem-cringey.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, misssue said:

I know, LOL. But it's so sad to see someone so desperately hanging onto something when she basically did it to herself. It'd like this is their lives-how many said they wanted to be a DCC since they were  5 or 6. And I'm sorry, but it's NOT every girls dream to be a DCC, lol.

All they are are eye candy for the fans.

I remember Vivian, oh GOD....................................  Not sure about Chelsea. I've been watching this show for years since it came on but I can't tell you who most of them are now unless they were bizarre like Vivian. That poem-cringey.

Chelsea was a veteran in season 8 who was cut during camp because her attitude was "toxic". She basically mocked Kelli and Judy when they called her in for weight gain, among other things. You should definitely go back and watch! It is so satisfying watching her snotty little self get cut

And Vivian. OMG Vivian. There needs to be a thread on this site just for Vivian. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Cheertator said:

I kind of wish they’d showed what the rookies were doing while everyone else was in Canton. 

Going to clubs with Jenna. Practicing formations with Jenna at point. Stroking Jenna's hurt ego. I'm sure she kept them busy ??

2 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Serious question, what was the point of bringing an injured dancer to a week long out of state dance performance? 

I have been wondering the same thing. Have they ever kept an injured vet around THIS long who isn't able to dance or practice at all? We've seen girls hurt in the past and sit out here and there but to sit out ALL summer seems like a waste of everyone's time. 

• Love 4