Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

S12.E11: Hall of Fame Week

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

According to someone on Facebook, Texas is a dry heat and Ohio has a humid heat.  If you aren't used to it, it's unbearable.

West Texas is a dry heat. DFW is humid compared to West Texas. But DFW is much more tolerable than the swamp/coast. And I have no idea how Ohio compares to any of that.

But all Texans are acclimated to heat. You see people jogging when it’s over 100 all the time- other people, not me of course!

i remember a DCC interview or article or something that said Veronica and Paige would go run a few miles before rehearsal during 100+ degree days!

But, being used to Heat and tolerating heat are two very different things and some people just don’t tolerate heat well. Maybe Maddie is one of them or maybe she was a little more dehydrated than she thought

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

According to someone on Facebook, Texas is a dry heat and Ohio has a humid heat.  If you aren't used to it, it's unbearable.

I’ll take the word of people who live there, but the last couple of times I’ve been to Dallas, it was incredibly hot and humid. Perhaps that was unusual?

i think one issue could be that they may have been out at a different time of day. Its possible that they were practicing in Canton in the afternoon. It’s hot at 7 in the evening and can still be humid, but it’s far, far worse at 2 pm with the sun also beaming down directly on you, for example.

Edited by Jess14

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

On another subject, Kelli has a tweet that is for captioning and it is Judy yelling something while Kelli is in red standing beside her.  What caught my eye was it appears someone behind her is hold large face cutouts of Judy and Kelli on sticks.  Wonder about those.  Shelly can you help us out concerning those heads??

I think the vets had  those made. I only saw pics of them from their week at HOF. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, exitstageleft said:

Question: How exactly are the sideline routines run? I’ve never been to a game so I’m clueless. I always thought that the same songs played for the same dances, but now it seems like the group leader calls out what dance to do no matter what song is playing?

They learn choreography to specific songs that are used as quarter changes. During timeouts, the DJ plays random music that when the leaders hear it, they call a routine. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

LOL at making last minute changes a big deal. 

Love the 2-3ish minutes of straight dance they showed. 

This HoF guy sure loves his job. 

The hubs was completely fascinated by the HoF guy. He kept saying “that ole’ boy is happy AF!” “That ole boy is pleased as a pig wallowing in mud!” ????

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

One thing I noticed during the HOF performances/rehearsals is that for some of the dances, there were only 11 girls performing (like at the fan event). How did they decide who got to dance and who had to sit out?

It's disappointing to me that Jenna is making so many bad decisions off the field because when her group was on the field, she stood out even from a distance. She is such a great dancer and performer so she's a great asset on the field.

6 hours ago, Teresa said:

I live in Dallas now. I will say that it can be humid here for sure. This past summer has been moreso than usual. West Texas is dry and East Texas is very humid. So Dallas being in between kinda has a mix of both. Not too dry but not overly humid either.  I am guessing the midwest humidity of Ohio was much more than they deal with here normally.

During rehearsal, there was a chyron on the screen that said it was 94 degrees and 90% humidity.

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I'm just outside Philadelphia & I concur..I love humid weather, but it could get pretty wicked here.  If I go for a run in the summer, even before sunrise, I have a much rougher time, because when you sweat the humidity won't let it evaporate.

When I was in North Carolina, it was so humid that after I got out of the shower each day, my hair and skin never dried. I was damp the entire week.

2 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

I didn't like the way Savannah was talking about Judy's corrections as nit picky.  Savannah did look sluggish and wanting a crisp/sharp head pop was actually a very precise fixable correction...I mean sometimes Judy will just say clunky or something where I know what she means with overall effect but it is hard to take as "notes" and correct.  It may be stressful, but I would take correction like that any day rather than just being cut!

Judy gave Savannah some specific corrections about her double hip move being slow and her head not being sharp enough. To me, that's not nitpicky. If you aren't doing all the moves at the same time as the other girls, you are doing it wrong.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

DCC have the luxury of an air conditioned dome, practicing all day and performing in any heat would be hard to adjust to.

You mean the *new DCCs. Remember, the Texas Stadium DCC's (of course there aren't any on the squad now) were conditioned to perform in that type of heat.

10 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

How in the world do these girls remember all of their routines? That has always blown my mind (and I feel like I have a pretty decent memory myself but no way could I remember all of that).

Honestly, it's not that hard. When I wasn't a performer, I always thought it was so difficult to learn and retain so much. When I became one, I realized it's muscle memory (for the most part) and wasn't difficult at all. Plus, alot of these girls are used to it.

9 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Kerya looks thick. Lots of thick looking rookies. Rachel. 

Keyra is stacked lol

7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It's the difference between a hot oven (dry/Texas) and a hot sauna (humid/Ohio). Humidity is no joke. It somehow makes you feel like it's twenty degrees hotter.

I rather a dry 100 day than a humid 100 day ANY DAY!!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Jess14 said:

CMT or someone at the Cowboys hates Jenna lol. Now, I don’t know if Shelly is close to the girls and someone who they feel they can talk to or if this was a convo that Jenna should’ve known would get but would get back to K&J, but that text didn’t strike me as a huge deal, honestly. She definitely shouldn’t be whining about point, but that seemed more of a “can you go ahead and let me know if I’m not going to be point again, so i know what to expect,” not a “it’s my position and I should get to keep it” thing. But who knows what the intent was. Regardless, please let this be the last mention of this nonsense. Over it!

I loved this episode though, other than that rather unnecessary scene IMO. I liked all of the Canton scenes. 

I feel like there has been a surge of dance scenes the last couple of weeks, which I appreciate.

She doesn’t get enough praise on the show, but Lacey is beautiful and a wonderful dancer!!!! #TeamLacey

Agree with all of this.  Jenna...lucky to be in the triangle & needs to start thinking like a rookie. Lol. And her comment about it being a Dcc is all she has known her adult life is a little sad. 

Frenemies...everything will get back to K&J...whether from this sight since "we all read it", or during show group auditions, "Angela has turned down engagements", and now texting to ask about point, which "isn't that big of deal".  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Hall of Fame Museum dude: "Welcome to the most inspiring place on earth!" Well, who knew?

I'm still bitter about Brennan being cut. Not only is she prettier and more fit than more than a few veterans and rookies, she's smart and would have represented the squad and the Cowboys with grace.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Who was the vet on the far right of Christina's group? Weird that Judy and Kelli didn't say anything about this mistake:

 

dcc.jpg

Jessica.  Eep. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Jenna is such a whiner.  She's lucky to still be on the squad.  When she said she congratulated Kashara that made the hug look even more self serving.  I believe the text is a big deal.  When you're in trouble at work, you try to fly under the radar but shine when you're being observed.  Make no waves.  Professionalism 101

Kashara rocked point.  She's adorable.  I love Maddie.  Tasha is even growing on me.   Kelsey is beautiful.  i am surprised Christina and Samantha are still there.  Samantha's hair is beautiful but her teeth which i bet have been done are distracting.  It's too bad.

I enjoyed the more dancing.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SunshineSally said:

The hubs was completely fascinated by the HoF guy. He kept saying “that ole’ boy is happy AF!” “That ole boy is pleased as a pig wallowing in mud!” ????

LOL!  I fucking loved that guy.  It didn't seem like an act, either.  I think he's just happy and excited about all things.  Good for him.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Obsessed with Kashara.  I want to be her when I grow up. I loved that her family got to see her perform as point at HOF!! 

I am always surprised at how well spoken Jenna in contrast to how she screws things up with her behavior.  When she was explaining why she texted Shelly she sounded mature and honest. I just wish we could all believe her when she speaks lol.  I also wish she had just kept her head down and worked hard and proved herself instead of wanting answers so quickly but ah well...I give her credit for being able to admit her mistakes and eat humble pie (seemingly). 

Cersten is SO good - I hope she stays another year, I think she could be on 50 yard line for SURE.  Just so much fun to watch and talk about great facials - she always looks like she is having a blast without over doing it. Maggie too.  And Amy L always flies under the radar but dang she is good. 

Loved seeing more of the dancing! 

Also that is a great idea having a side line photographer come to a practice - all of the girls should be able to review some sideline pics before start of season.  LIke Kelli said, it's probably more often than not an awareness issue.  You may not realize how sloppy you can look if you aren't being crisp with your movements and how certain facials may look terrible. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Agree with all of this.  Jenna...lucky to be in the triangle & needs to start thinking like a rookie. Lol. And her comment about it being a Dcc is all she has known her adult life is a little sad. 

Frenemies...everything will get back to K&J...whether from this sight since "we all read it", or during show group auditions, "Angela has turned down engagements", and now texting to ask about point, which "isn't that big of deal".  

I totally forgot the comment about Angela turning down everything lol. But yeah, if they didn’t know before, they should know now, everything will get back to K&J. Shelly ain’t your confidante or buddy!  

Jenna really needs to move on for her own sake IMO. I resisted the “she’s pathetic for staying” viewpoint over the summer, but now, actually seeing it play out, she just seems kind of pitiful......Perhaps everything went back to normal after this last visit, but that just doesn’t seem like a good situation for anyone. Frankly, I’m surprised K&J even kept her with how angry and cold they seemed in the office, but hey, I guess they can’t lose all of their top dancers. Really tho, Jenna needs to move or go to school or find a new dance team....something beyond wrapping her whole life in DCC. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Cersten is SO good - I hope she stays another year, I think she could be on 50 yard line for SURE.  Just so much fun to watch and talk about great facials - she always looks like she is having a blast without over doing it. Maggie too.  And Amy L always flies under the radar but dang she is good. 

 

2

10000% agree! I actually didn't notice Amy L until HOF Weekend when she put their Handclap routine on Instagram. She's SO good and that smile is adorable. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm just outside Philadelphia & I concur..I love humid weather, but it could get pretty wicked here.  If I go for a run in the summer, even before sunrise, I have a much rougher time, because when you sweat the humidity won't let it evaporate.

LOL that's what I thought.  Like "well I wasn't going to make this permanent but now I am!"

IMO that's exactly what it was, she wanted Shelly to spill something that would have been said to her privately.  I'm sure Shelly is friendly with them, but she's not their friend, she's one of their bosses (if I'm understanding Shelly's role correctly).

I thought she may have just wanted to do it confidentially with someone who she trusted would guide her and be honest... I'm sure she didn't think Shelly was going to tattle on her to K+J.  That, in my mind, is disappointing and not cool.  There's no point in doing that except you just want to create drama.

1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

I don't like Jenna, but I think it was pretty shitty of Shelly to go running to K&J: "Jenna sent me a text!!!"

YES!  I'm with you ... that's certainly not a personality trait I would want posted on national TV ... might as well hang a sign on you saying "do not trust me"

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

I don't like Jenna, but I think it was pretty shitty of Shelly to go running to K&J: "Jenna sent me a text!!!"

Not that anyone needs all the info, the text came after HOF and after a rehearsal that SG needed to be blocked, after Holly’s departure, for a show. So...I didn’t run, was asked about the entire week of rehearsal, plus that particular evening of SG. 

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

That conversation with Jenna was uncomfortable but I got their point. Maybe if she hasn't said anything, kept her head down and showed them that she can stand up and be a leader on the team, then maybe K & J would have made her point again.  Asking about it was a bad move.  BAD

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

I don't like Jenna, but I think it was pretty shitty of Shelly to go running to K&J: "Jenna sent me a text!!!"

It kind of depends on their relationship the level of betrayl this is - like are they friendly, did Shelly show her some sympathy in person, what types of things do they discuss, etc.   I just think Jenna had some expectation that Shelly wouldnt tell K&J about the text but could still get her an answer.  Had to be a slap in the face on some level.

I almost feel bad for Jenna - the way Kelli was talking to her and how Shelly ratted on her - plus losing point to a less-skilled dancer who's only a 3rd year when she's a 6 year - that's a lot of drama to deal with for a job that doesn't pay any money - plus she has to know she has zero shot at PB.   She must be really desperate to be a DCC and have very little else in her life to turn to if she leaves.   You see women like that Mandy who upped and left rather than be shown as a returning vet who gained weight - she clearly didn't need the DCC that much.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Once again I guess I am in the minority because this episode to me was boring. Enough with the we are America's best because we can adjust to changes or this is the biggest most historical performance we ever done, or no pressure, pressure, and did I say pressure. Millions of people have to make adjustments at their jobs, families or other things in their daily life. Geesh...I guess my husband should consider himself one of America's best because he transferred to another group home after working at another one for years in February. I also do not see Keyra's appeal because she does look DCC soft in her middle and behind. Other girls who could dance and had the DCC style personality were cut for having the same type of middle and behind in the past. They should have cut Jenna. I also noticed a few vets were off during the practice with the rookie candidates after coming back from Canton. And when I think of inspiring places in the world and heroes on the football field, I immediately think of the Football Hall of Fame and former Dallas Cowboys players. *rolling eyes*

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

It kind of depends on their relationship the level of betrayl this is - like are they friendly, did Shelly show her some sympathy in person, what types of things do they discuss, etc.   I just think Jenna had some expectation that Shelly wouldnt tell K&J about the text but could still get her an answer.  Had to be a slap in the face on some level.

I almost feel bad for Jenna - the way Kelli was talking to her and how Shelly ratted on her - plus losing point to a less-skilled dancer who's only a 3rd year when she's a 6 year - that's a lot of drama to deal with for a job that doesn't pay any money - plus she has to know she has zero shot at PB.   She must be really desperate to be a DCC and have very little else in her life to turn to if she leaves.   You see women like that Mandy who upped and left rather than be shown as a returning vet who gained weight - she clearly didn't need the DCC that much.

yeah at this point if i were jenna, i would resign ... she's young and a great dancer.  why take this humiliation and now betrayal?  yawnsers ....

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I really disagree with you all about Jenna. I think she had every right to ask the question and Kelly was extremely unfair and pretentious toward her. Who will think about Jenna if not herself? She is a 6 year veteran, they left her in a literal limbo without any clear position and goal, she wanted to know her status, if she is permanently removed from the point, if she has a chance to win it back, what is her future goal on the team? Can she write it off completely and concentrate on her own group or does she have to concentrate on pushing for the point back? Those are not toxic or selfish questions, they are legitimate concerns....

I think Kelly can be extremely unprofessional and vague and often passive-aggressively tries to get girls to quit if she dislikes them but doesn't have a reason that will make her look good. I think that is what is happening right now and I feel for Jenna.

I like Christina and am happy that she was not cut but her kicks were really bad in this scene! And KaShara is just not as good of a dancer as Jenna or Robin or Lacey no matter how darling she is, I like her personality and attitude so much but she is constantly out-danced by veterans next to her!

Edited by Hotaru · Reason: spelling XD
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

 I just think Jenna had some expectation that Shelly wouldnt tell K&J about the text but could still get her an answer.  Had to be a slap in the face on some level.

I personally think that would be dumb, but that just might be me. If an employee asks their immediate supervisor a question that they can’t answer/ don’t have the answer to, wouldn’t you as a supervisor want to give that question up to the person or people that could answer it? 

And if you rewatch the meeting, in the beginning, Jenna didn’t seem shocked that Shelly told them. Nor should she have been. There was a smile on her face. The smile DISAPPEARED once she heard Kelli’s feedback on the matter. 

Would I have done it like Jenna? Absolutely not. Did Shelly do the right thing as the on duty manager? Absolutely. 

I cant remember if I put it on this forum or another but I don’t blame Jenna for asking, but I think her timing was trash and she should have asked K&J directly... “for her own peace of mind”.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

After how these swan song years for both Jenna and Angela have played out - I guess the moral of the story is don't come back for one more final year thinking all your DCC dreams will be fulfilled - that you'll finally get show group, point, pro bowl, etc. after all this time cause it's owed to you - your year could end up even worse than you imagine.   You got to wonder if Sydney Durso was trying to finally get some accolades all those years she kept coming back.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I noticed Erika sitting in the studio when Keyra and Jenna were called into the office, so she's still there.  I'm assuming that will go down next week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

I personally think that would be dumb, but that just might be me. If an employee asks their immediate supervisor a question that they can’t answer/ don’t have the answer to, wouldn’t you as a supervisor want to give that question up to the person or people that could answer it? 

I think this just depends on the place and the culture there. There are definitely ppl senior to me who I trust, and if I had a convo with them and asked a sensitive question, I would absolutely not expect it to get back to the managing partner, whether they had an answer or not. If they couldn’t answer, I would expect them to say, “I don’t know. I can’t answer that,” not run and divulge a conversation that we had verbatim. Of course, there are others who I would never say anything like that too. It’s just a matter of understanding the culture and people where you work. It appears that Jenna miscalculated badly on that front. Still doesn’t make Shelly look good IMO.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Jess14 said:

CMT or someone at the Cowboys hates Jenna lol. Now, I don’t know if Shelly is close to the girls and someone who they feel they can talk to or if this was a convo that Jenna should’ve known would get but would get back to K&J, but that text didn’t strike me as a huge deal, honestly. She definitely shouldn’t be whining about point, but that seemed more of a “can you go ahead and let me know if I’m not going to be point again, so i know what to expect,” not a “it’s my position and I should get to keep it” thing. But who knows what the intent was. Regardless, please let this be the last mention of this nonsense. Over it!

 

Edited by mmm

Share this post


Link to post

I think there is a lot more to the story about Jenna's text to Shelly than what was shown or mentioned. She may have been unhappy with the fact she was not allowed to go to Canton or having her point girl spot given to a third year girl. She got herself in trouble. Kelli, Judy and Shelly did not put a gun to her head and made her break rules or send the text. She should be more concerned about getting her act together instead of worrying about being point girl. If she cannot handle the discipline actions, she should have left the team.

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly, K & J can't be surprised that girls are competitive after putting them in an extremely competitive mentality. 

And I honestly I hate this whole you lucky to be here , this a privilege thing that the hammer it this ep in canton and the Charlotte tour of the star. No it's Job the employee needs the employer and Vice Versa. 

Also, I am know i am in the few #TeamJenna here but they can't ask her to stay after she wanted to retire and then continue to punish her. The girl could have moved on with her life by now they probably told her she would be the point if she stayed . Also, they can't keep saying we are family and the girls are sisters and then have this insane environment of snitching and putting them in a Big Brother situation. It's not Jenna who is Toxic it's this work Environment.    

Edited by mmm
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Hotaru said:

I really disagree with you all about Jenna. I think she had every right to ask the question and Kelly was extremely unfair and pretentious toward her. Who will think about Jenna if not herself? She is a 6 year veteran, they left her in a literal limbo without any clear position and goal, she wanted to know her status, if she is permanently removed from the point, if she has a chance to win it back, what is her future goal on the team? Can she write it off completely and concentrate on her own group or does she have to concentrate on pushing for the point back? Those are not toxic or selfish questions, they are legitimate concerns....

I think Kelly can be extremely unprofessional and vague and often passive-aggressively tries to get girls to quit if she dislikes them but doesn't have a reason that will make her look good. I think that is what is happening right now and I feel for Jenna.

I like Christina and am happy that she was not cut but her kicks were really bad in this scene! And KaShara is just not as good of a dancer as Jenna or Robin or Lacey no matter how darling she is, I like her personality and attitude so much but she is constantly out-danced by veterans next to her!

Thank you , I agree with Everything here !!!!!!!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sorry, but I am not buying the fact Kelli and Judy asked Jenna to stay especially after she was supposedly punished last year for breaking a few rules. I also do not buy they told her she would be point if she stayed and then take it away from her after she was told to step up and be a role model and leader for the vets and rookie candidates. She broke the rules and paid the price for it. Once again, I think there is a lot more to the Jenna drama than what is being shown on the show. She may have been the one running to Kelli and Judy and telling on other girls in order to save herself.

Btw, did Vince Lombardi remind anyone else of the father on the show The Wonder Years?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

 

Jenna really needs to move on for her own sake IMO. I resisted the “she’s pathetic for staying” viewpoint over the summer, but now, actually seeing it play out, she just seems kind of pitiful......Perhaps everything went back to normal after this last visit, but that just doesn’t seem like a good situation for anyone. Frankly, I’m surprised K&J even kept her with how angry and cold they seemed in the office, but hey, I guess they can’t lose all of their top dancers. Really tho, Jenna needs to move or go to school or find a new dance team....something beyond wrapping her whole life in DCC. 

I don't know of you read the spoiler section on this borad but Jenna wanted to retire and K&J asked her to stay

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Hotaru said:

I really disagree with you all about Jenna. I think she had every right to ask the question and Kelly was extremely unfair and pretentious toward her. Who will think about Jenna if not herself? She is a 6 year veteran, they left her in a literal limbo without any clear position and goal, she wanted to know her status, if she is permanently removed from the point, if she has a chance to win it back, what is her future goal on the team? Can she write it off completely and concentrate on her own group or does she have to concentrate on pushing for the point back? Those are not toxic or selfish questions, they are legitimate concerns....

 

All fair points, but she didn’t express it like that. Those weren’t her questions. The ones that YOU posed are thought out and professional. That’s not what or how she asked it.

Also I think she would have waited until right before the regular season to pose the question. Giving Kash just pre-season point would have been a great opportunity if Jenna didn’t muck it all up this past episode.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I'm loving this episode, y'all!

I think overall they've done a much better job this year than in years past in showing us more prep, dancing, personality etc. Like! 

That humid heat is NO JOKE! It feels like you're suffocating..or as I like to say: "Drowning above water". It's always muggy down here and we've had some 90 degree days just this past week, ugh. I wanna be like hello, Florida, did you get the memo that it is indeed October?! We're ready for boots and scarves and for our hair not to be a dang mop within 10 minutes. But I digress. 

Kelsey is so beautiful! She seems genuinely sweet and like she'd be fun to hang out with. Forever #teamkelsey 

☆And oh hay Emmitt Smith!☆ Nice to see our hometown Cowboy on MTT! Reppin Pensacola! I still say it would be the coolest thing ever to have the DCC at a Blues event (the homecoming show is coming up in November, just putting that out there?) ♡ I seriously might die from sheer excitement.(if not heatstroke first. ((jokes)) )

KaShara as point is A++ in my book.

Not finished yet but I love catching up then reading the boards. Always entertaining ???

Edited by MissKrisPcola
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Teresa said:

. I think Kashara is great at point. I hope she stays there. I don't know why people keep harping on her dancing. She looks pretty good to me! 

Amen sister!!!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe Kelli and Judy are not happy about asking Jenna to stay for another year especially when she is breaking the rules and not happy about losing her point girl spot. The team would have survived without her. I would have rather seen Megan, Amy or Jennifer come back for another year than Jenna.

Edited by bigskygirl

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, mmm said:

I don't know of you read the spoiler section on this borad but Jenna wanted to retire and K&J asked her to stay

I read it. I dont think they begged her to come back but I definitely think they were happy to have her return and likely suggested that she stay if she was unsure about retiring. It may just be semantics, but they clearly feel differently now, and at this point, I think she should move on for her own dignity. I’m not a Jenna hater. I’ve always had a soft spot for her. While she can grate on my nerves recently, I love her dancing, so I’m sad for her to see this, but still....the situation does seem toxic. It just seems like she needs a clean break IMO. If this were a job that paid the bills, I would probably say something different, but it’s not. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, tajalexander said:

I audibly groaned. I didn’t know about that Shelly text but I -honestly- believe she would have gotten point back had she not sent it. Damn it Jenna!!!!

 

on the other hand, I understand Jenna’s perspective. ‘Let me know if I should be working towards something or if this is my new reality. That’s all.’ And I  Feel like she would have been fine either way. But this? Mmm....

It's a conversation I would have had with Kelli and not while Kelli was away. I think it almost came off as brattier than it could have simply because she waited until 'mom' was gone to talk to 'dad' scenario. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, mmm said:

I don't know of you read the spoiler section on this borad but Jenna wanted to retire and K&J asked her to stay

It's my understanding that K&J asked her to stay "according to Jenna." Didn't she brag on social media that "K&J asked ME-- not JennK, not (so & so), but ME (!) to stay!!!" 

Also, what about the conversation before tryouts when K&J asked "are you ready to lead this team by example, by example, by example?!!!"    

Sounds to me like they were reluctant but yet still HOPED she could lead well. 

Edited by Tootie
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

A relative lived in Dallas area so he constantly said no one would stay there during summer due to the heat and humidity so I didn't think it would be so different from Ohio, my humid and hot home state.  That's why I asked the question.

 

Concerning the question about Jenna and point, communications of this importance etc need to be face to face regardless of age.  No faxing, emailing, texting, face timing these issues and yes, in my years of working in a professional field, have seen faxed resignations, one was 4 pages and received in another building on our campus where everyone read it before our department got it in the afternoon, emailed ones or even phone calls saying, I'm out of here.  Regardless whether you are a millennium generation or not, put the info on paper and have a real conversation, not a slide it under the door or hope Shelly would put a better spin on it or stand up for Jenna.  It is called adulting!  OK, jumping off my soap box and going back in my corner!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm surprised to say that Tasha is really growing on me this season. I have been a big critic of hers, but her maturity is really showing this season and I think she is an asset to the team. I may have been wrong about her before. The softer lipstick really suits her as well. I might even be #teamTasha.

Still loving Kelsey. She's so pretty and seem so fun to be around. She seems well liked by her teammates. 

The HOF segment was awesome. The vets looked amazing and I liked seeing Kelli praise them for that. I hope they have a big vet class with 3+ years so they can train next years rookies.

I live in AZ. It can get 120 here. But it's a dry heat so it's bearable. I'll take 120 in dry heat over 100 in humidity any day.

I'm still baffled as to why Christina is still there. Completely stumped. I'm old, haven't danced in years and am larger than I was when I was in my 20's, but can still sit in the splits (I actually just did to prove to myself that I could do it). Sometimes the flexibility just isn't there and won't come.

I'm glad they showed Keyra her facials. I've liked her form week 1 of TC and her facials are all she really needs to fix.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Didn't Jenna say she discussed retiring, and they agreed she still had more to give?

I dont think she seriously wanted to retire, bc her whole identity is wrapped up in DCC, and she doesn't know how to get that attention from anywhere else. That's sad.

I also think Jenna pouted some after being banned from the USO tour this winter, and wanted them to say something like 'oh, Jenna, we love you, don't gooooo!', but that's not what happened. It was more like 'well if you want to stay, we think you have more to give and will make it another year ' instead of specifically asking her to say.

I don't think thshe words 'Jenna please stay, we need you' happened.

As for point, I think it's very obnoxious and entitled to think she automatically deserved it. I've heard it was a toss up between Jenna, Erica and possibly Holly.

Different people wanted each of them for different reasons. Then they all did something stupid, and Kashara, who keeps her nose clean and has really taken a huge leadership role, was asked because the others were unreliable. Plus she is more personable and she can dance. Not sure why Lacey wasn't chosen, bc she is rocking it this year. I personally think Robin is about on the same level as Kashara, but Lacey is a mystery. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Didn't Jenna say she discussed retiring, and they agreed she still had more to give?

I dont think she seriously wanted to retire, bc her whole identity is wrapped up in DCC, and she doesn't know how to get that attention from anywhere else. That's sad.

I also think Jenna pouted some after being banned from the USO tour this winter, and wanted them to say something like 'oh, Jenna, we love you, don't gooooo!', but that's not what happened. It was more like 'well if you want to stay, we think you have more to give and will make it another year ' instead of specifically asking her to say.

I don't think thshe words 'Jenna please stay, we need you' happened.

As for point, I think it's very obnoxious and entitled to think she automatically deserved it. I've heard it was a toss up between Jenna, Erica and possibly Holly.

Different people wanted each of them for different reasons. Then they all did something stupid, and Kashara, who keeps her nose clean and has really taken a huge leadership role, was asked because the others were unreliable. Plus she is more personable and she can dance. 

+1 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Not that anyone needs all the info, the text came after HOF and after a rehearsal that SG needed to be blocked, after Holly’s departure, for a show. So...I didn’t run, was asked about the entire week of rehearsal, plus that particular evening of SG. 

With this info, to me it sounds like Jenna thought Kashara was only going to be point for Canton since Jenna was not going to be there.  Then at the next rehearsal & with SG's new blocking, Jenna realized she was not going back to point.  It sounds like Jenna assumed she was going back to "her" spot & that did not happen, hence the text.  I wonder if she was standing there & then told to move back. Where are the cameras when you need them! 

Loved seeing the vets dancing in this episode.  Usually they only show short clips.  I still miss Holly! 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

It's my understanding that K&J asked her to stay "according to Jenna." Didn't she brag on social media that "K&J asked ME-- not JennK, not (so & so), but ME (!) to stay!!!" 

 

Do think if it was a Lie K&J would let slide ?!! She's prettier and younger than Jenn K there are alot of reasons why she would be asked to stay over Jenn. 

29 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

 

I also think Jenna pouted some after being banned from the USO tour this winter, and wanted them to say something like 'oh, Jenna, we love you, don't gooooo!', but that's not what happened. It was more like 'well if you want to stay, we think you have more to give and will make it another year ' instead of specifically asking her to say.

 

I literally boycotted last year bec Jenn K was chosen point so I missed this whole USO tour thing ? Can u fill me in ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×