Type keyword(s) to search

Evelyn & David: Who Let Them in Here?

• Start Topic

What's the band's name? I'd like to listen. Maybe it's not that bad when recorded ina studio?

She said that other guys commented on her being good looking and it was gross, but this dude said she looked cute and he liked her music and it was ok? I don't see much difference.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Ivanova said:

She said that other guys commented on her being good looking and it was gross, but this dude said she looked cute and he liked her music and it was ok? I don't see much difference.

The messages of other dudes they showed said things like they hoped she was down to fuck, so hey you're cute and that he liked her music is significantly different than that.

• Love 5

I am really confused by the timeline here.  I was under the impression it took at least a little bit of time to get a K1 visa.  But she said that December will be their first "anniversary" (presumably the day the met in person) and her friend said they would be married before then.  How did it all happen so fast for them, and was she even 18 when she started talking to this 28-year-old guy who hit on her on Twitter or Instagram??

• Love 5

Evelyn smacks of the same sort of evangelical Christianist special snowflakery that the Duggars do.  Got no fault with her being a woman of faith, and I find her desire to remain pure commendable.  At 18, it's probably not as tough as say that as it is for David at 26.  There are plenty of 18 yo virgins, so if you're 26 or older, then you've got more bragging rights because it's tougher if you're still not married yet. 

If you're offended by men making lewd comments about your body, then don't post photos of yourself in a bikini. Period.  If you must do so, do so on your private Instagram and keep your public page free of that.

And I find her very smug about how she's getting married and her friend isn't.  Like a Duggar daughter, she believes in the infallibility of her parents.  Did she go to Spain unchaperoned or did a friend come with?  Of course her parents are for it because marriage is the only acceptable way to keep their daughter virtuous. Early marriage is preferable to falling into sin, in their minds.  David speaks the same sort of speak her parents do, so he's in like flint. There's a lid for every pot.

• Love 15
20 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

you're offended by men making lewd comments about your body, then don't post photos of yourself in a bikini. Period.  If you must do so, do so on your private Instagram and keep your public page free of that.

I think she should post whatever she wants and block whoever she wants. She simply stated that she blocked the ones she found creepy and liked David because he came across as different.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I think she should post whatever she wants and block whoever she wants. She simply stated that she blocked the ones she found creepy and liked David because he came across as different.

I don't disagree with you.  She just seemed creeped out by the creepers, so what I suggested is one way to avoid them.  If she wants to block everyone, she can do that too.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I am curious about David’s religion. 70% of Spaniards are Catholic and I know many Christian Fundamentals who don’t consider Catholics Christian. 

No matter, they'll convert him.

• Love 3
On 10/16/2017 at 2:35 PM, Ivanova said:

What's the band's name? I'd like to listen. Maybe it's not that bad when recorded ina studio?

If you Google "Evelyn Cormier" a bunch of her stuff comes up.

I made it about 30 seconds into the first YouTube video. It was..... not good.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sienna said:

If you Google "Evelyn Cormier" a bunch of her stuff comes up.

I made it about 30 seconds into the first YouTube video. It was..... not good.

Yes.  I hate that dime a dozen indie wailing voice. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Yes.  I hate that dime a dozen indie wailing voice. 

Just because you can sing loudly or deeply doesn't mean you can sing well. The whole coffeehouse crooning thing makes me irrationally angry.

• Love 15

I'm still really confused.  What will they actually do for money??  Where will they live??  I know they believe god will provide (I do not), but seriously doesn't even god want you to use the brain and body he supposedly gave you to take care of yourself?  She is such a smug piece of work.  How sad that her 20 something friend was the only adult and the voice of reason with sincere care about Evelyn's future.  What a couple of idiot parents.  I also wonder what the parents do for a living.  I did absolutely covet their house.  It was beautiful (from the exterior).  Also, I noticed from pics that the friend was a bit more plain growing up, however I think she has now surpassed princess Evelyn.  Once the stress of marriage and kids kicks in, Evelyn will look like a used dish rag (circa 1982) and her friend will continue to bloom and grow.  I predict some jealousy coming to that friendship real soon.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Normades said:

How sad that her 20 something friend was the only adult and the voice of reason with sincere care about Evelyn's future. 

I am assuming her friend is also 18 since the met in French class in high school.

• Love 4

I assume that after the wedding, David will be permitted to move out of the pastor's house and into Evelyn's parents' home.  He'll be given a tambourine to play in the family band.  If they're lucky they'll get a basement apartment like Chelsea and Yamir (?) had a couple seasons ago, if not, their marital bed will be down the hall from mom and dad. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Normades said:

I'm still really confused.  What will they actually do for money??  Where will they live??  I know they believe god will provide (I do not), but seriously doesn't even god want you to use the brain and body he supposedly gave you to take care of yourself?  She is such a smug piece of work.  How sad that her 20 something friend was the only adult and the voice of reason with sincere care about Evelyn's future.  What a couple of idiot parents.  I also wonder what the parents do for a living.  I did absolutely covet their house.  It was beautiful (from the exterior).  Also, I noticed from pics that the friend was a bit more plain growing up, however I think she has now surpassed princess Evelyn.  Once the stress of marriage and kids kicks in, Evelyn will look like a used dish rag (circa 1982) and her friend will continue to bloom and grow.  I predict some jealousy coming to that friendship real soon.

As a former member of a very conservative denomination, I can't tell you often we heard the "God will provide" answer to practical questions.  It wasn't rare to hear an unemployed husband/father (oh, sorry - "self"employed, with no customers) say, "I'm just waiting to see what doors the good Lord will open."  Their Bibles seem to be missing those verses about working or not eating.  

I suspect that @Nancybeth is correct - their first "home" together will be in Mama and Daddy's house with - correct again - David playing tambourine in the family band.  

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, Ivanova said:

Listened to Evelyn sing a full song. I wonder if that's her real voice or she's trying to sound like Dolores O'Riordan.

Dolores O’Riordan’s voice is unique and in a strange key and I own more than one CD by the Cranberries.

I won’t be buying any of Evelyn’s downloads/music.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Dolores O’Riordan’s voice is unique and in a strange key and I own more than one CD by the Cranberries.

I know, I myself have been a fan since age 13. I always thought there is a beautiful harmony in their songs.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, pollywood said:

Evelyn sounds more like she's trying to be Sara Bareilles (sp?) whose voice annoys me. What will they do when god doesn't provide?

I'm sure that their "family band" shills for love offerings at every performance.  The less God provides, the sadder their story will be, trying to amp up the offering.

Just call me "Christian, but cynical" (due to experience).

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I'm sure that their "family band" shills for love offerings at every performance.  The less God provides, the sadder their story will be, trying to amp up the offering.

Just call me "Christian, but cynical" (due to experience).

They have a nice house in New Hampshire, so they hardly look like they live in poverty.  One of her parents could have inherited the house or it’s been in the family for generations.

Miss Evelyn even convinced their family pastor to let her fiancé stay with him.  How Speshul she must be!

Couldn’t they shove him in their basement or garage apartment?  You’d think with her helicopter parents, that they wouldn’t even DARE misbehave in the house. If purity before marriage is THAT big a deal to them, they won’t misbehave.  Can’t any of these people control their urges?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Couldn’t they shove him in their basement or garage apartment?  You’d think with her helicopter parents, that they wouldn’t even DARE misbehave in the house. If purity before marriage is THAT big a deal to them, they won’t misbehave.  Can’t any of these people control their urges?

Some devout people believe they shouldn't even be in the same building until they're married. I wasn't surprised.

• Love 4

Added a few minutes later. There are a few videos posted by her family where she is around 14-15 and singing church songs in a completely normal voice and it sound good. Also, she used to have hair down to her butt - really cool, I am a long haired girl too.

15 hours ago, liammaam said:

It was painful watching her act so smug to her friend, mainly because I WAS that friend, treated that way for most of my high school life.  Sitting on the side, watching your (more) beautiful and (way more) skinny friend and listening to her dreams, hopes and nodding sympathetically when she'd bitch about boy troubles... and the second you need some support, she's too busy with her man or life to even bother.  Then brings up "how could YOU possibly get it?  You've never been in -love- "  

Her friend should abandon the Evelyn ship posthaste- nothing good will come out of it for the girlfriend.

liammaam, are you me?!?

• Love 2

David turns out to be another person that doesn’t want to live in a small, isolated town forever?.  I’m sure Evelyn would be very happy living together with David in her parents basement in that small town for the rest of her life, but David will not.  Maybe the two of you should’ve talked about that earlier??

• Love 10
1 minute ago, spankydoll said:

She is very unlikable. He is going to be miserable in that shitty little NH town. Hopefully she will realize that playing every Saturday night at the Moose Lodge isn't a career.  

But, mi amor, mi can-reeeeer!  Sorry, wailing like a dying cat does not a career make.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, PityFree said:

David turns out to be another person that doesn’t want to live in a small, isolated town forever?.  I’m sure Evelyn would be very happy living together with David in her parents basement in that small town for the rest of her life, but David will not.  Maybe the two of you should’ve talked about that earlier??

Yes! In the TH, David said he wants to move to a warm place. Beneath Miss Bossypants' stilted statement that she must consider "the band" and her family, the 'NO WAY' bombs were exploding right and left. She stated earlier that David was willing to follow her "career" around like a puppy dog. Uh, nope. This is going to be good. Evelyn has no identity separate from her family unit. From a Freudian perspective, her whole family is going to be in bed with them. Bahahaha. "Everything is going to work itself out."  Suuuure it will, princess. Borrow the backpack leash from Nicole, because David won't flow seamlessly into the Family Partridge any more than Luis belongs in the family Molly.

• Love 13
On 10/19/2017 at 2:22 PM, AZChristian said:

As a former member of a very conservative denomination, I can't tell you often we heard the "God will provide" answer to practical questions.  It wasn't rare to hear an unemployed husband/father (oh, sorry - "self"employed, with no customers) say, "I'm just waiting to see what doors the good Lord will open."  Their Bibles seem to be missing those verses about working or not eating.  

I suspect that @Nancybeth is correct - their first "home" together will be in Mama and Daddy's house with - correct again - David playing tambourine in the family band.  

Yes, some seem to miss that idea that God providing could be contingent on able bodied people actually working.  

In fairness to Evelyn and David, they could both plan to work hard, but just don't have all the details worked out.  

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

But, mi amor, mi can-reeeeer!  Sorry, wailing like a dying cat does not a career make.

Her voice is really weird.  It is awful in a totally different way than most bad singers.  It is like she has discovered sounds in between all the musical notes, like an F extra-sharp or B-flatter, and sings these non-notes constantly.  Most bad singers go in and out of key, or their voices crack or shriek.  It might be considered a beautiful voice on some other planet. :)

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Her voice is really weird.  It is awful in a totally different way than most bad singers.  It is like she has discovered sounds in between all the musical notes, like an F extra-sharp or B-flatter, and sings these non-notes constantly.  Most bad singers go in and out of key, or their voices crack or shriek.  It might be considered a beautiful voice on some other planet. :)

Is it Japanese or Chinese who have those quarter steps we don't use. You hear it when they pluck that long necked banjo made out of a pumpkin and broomstick.

• Love 2

I wish they would explain a little bit more about David’s motivation. Do we know how religious he is? what does he do for a living? Is this his very first relationship with a woman? Why on earth would he want to leave vibrant Spain for freezing small town USA? He’s good looking so why couldn’t he find a pretty Spanish woman to marry? 

I think that when people from outside the US imagine living in the United States they imagine living in a better known city with lots going on, lots of people, activities, job opportunities, and shopping. But all of these Americans live in small places far from city life. 

• Love 8