Type keyword(s) to search

Annie & David: On An Allowance at 48? He's Good, I Think

• Start Topic

Why are we are we still talking about them? They're still together? Lol.

On 06/11/2018 at 3:04 PM, pollywood said:

now they can pay the dowry!

On 07/11/2018 at 6:10 AM, arc918 said:

Salary will be 2 water buffalo per semester...

Yay now they don't have to eat indomie every day.

Edited by Indomie
  • LOL 2
19 hours ago, Indomie said:

Why are we are we still talking about them? They're still together? Lol.

Yay now they don't have to eat indomie every day.

Ah. I guess that's your country's version of (cheap) ramen noodles??

Screenshot_20181112-205920.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I’m pertt6 sure that IndoMie is the leading ramen noodle brand in the world, not just Indonesia. It’s everywhere, and cheap, and even so, Professor Tobo probably couldn’t afford it!

But it's what the broke university students eat Here! Lolllllllll

• Love 5

I never saw all of their story until this special episode "Our Continuing Journey." I have even less respect for him than ever. He married Annie on Chris' dime. He brought her here on the same. He apparently expected to sponge off him in LA indefinitely, and was disappointed when Chris said it was time for him to get to Kentucky and look for a job. Duh!

Then when Ashley fills Annie in on his past as a cheater and Annie goes to stay with Chris and his wife, David has a hissy, insists Annie make an immediate decision about staying with him, and plays the whiney victim. Unbelievable.

And if course, still sponging off anyone who'll let him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, greekmom said:

Watching pillow talk i am more and more convinced that Annie was a bar gal or a working gal back home.

I was convinced from her season that she was a bar girl or a working girl.  It annoyed me that she would angrily deny the claim and then set about to judge others (anfisa - her "it looks like you, tee hee" was shady and she definitely judged David's daughter who was awful, but judge her for being awful not for being loose when you probably shot ping pong balls out your cooch for tourists)

Between the fantastic "Thai massages" that she gives and David saying that he didn't jusge her for her past....it seemed clear.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, RealReality said:

I was convinced from her season that she was a bar girl or a working girl.  It annoyed me that she would angrily deny the claim and then set about to judge others (anfisa - her "it looks like you, tee hee" was shady and she definitely judged David's daughter who was awful, but judge her for being awful not for being loose when you probably shot ping pong balls out your cooch for tourists)

Between the fantastic "Thai massages" that she gives and David saying that he didn't jusge her for her past....it seemed clear.

And if she is she should just own it because who cares....she escaped a bad situation and now gets to run a nice scam with David.  The devil you know with David is better than multiple men or performances.  I think that Chris has David’s money and is giving it back to him on the DL.  David is shady enough to hide it away from his family.  Being poor in America is part of his storyline.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, HappyDancex2 said:

And if she is she should just own it because who cares....she escaped a bad situation and now gets to run a nice scam with David.  The devil you know with David is better than multiple men or performances.  I think that Chris has David’s money and is giving it back to him on the DL.  David is shady enough to hide it away from his family.  Being poor in America is part of his storyline.

EXACTLY this!  I don't judge the women for trying to escape an awful situation, but I get really annoyed at the superior attitude that someone like Annie has.  

"Oh, I'm so..... shocked at this sex shop David......what is that?  A sex toy!  I'm scandalized!"

Though I hadn't considered that David hid his money.  I didn't think I could hate him any more, but that would do it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

EXACTLY this!  I don't judge the women for trying to escape an awful situation, but I get really annoyed at the superior attitude that someone like Annie has.  

"Oh, I'm so..... shocked at this sex shop David......what is that?  A sex toy!  I'm scandalized!"

Though I hadn't considered that David hid his money.  I didn't think I could hate him any more, but that would do it.

She totally oversold that whole sex shop thing..super eye roll there.  She needs to work on her feigned expressions.

David and Annie are not the least bit stressed about not having living quarters or higher income stream during the last year of this show.  And it’s obvious this was their concocted storyline in the interim.  Maybe the next drama will be what line of work Annie chooses?

I’m not even sure they have much storyline but they are intriguing because they are so mismatched in age and weight.  I don’t mind updates on them for some reason even though it is superscripted.  For some reason I don’t need to see Darcy on my screen ever again.

• Love 5
Just now, HappyDancex2 said:

She totally oversold that whole sex shop thing..super eye roll there.  She needs to work on her feigned expressions.

David and Annie are not the least bit stressed about not having living quarters or higher income stream during the last year of this show.  And it’s obvious this was their concocted storyline in the interim.  Maybe the next drama will be what line of work Annie chooses?

I’m not even sure they have much storyline but they are intriguing because they are so mismatched in age and weight.  I don’t mind updates on them for some reason even though it is superscripted.  For some reason I don’t need to see Darcy on my screen ever again.

Ha!  Because I want to know what Paul's deal is, I'm watching before the 90 days with Darcy.

I had no idea that show was such a magnificent trainwreck!  She has a receding hairline!  It's so awful, but so real.  Why didn't she get some hairpligs with her diamond money?

And now she is doing everything in her power not to take off her makeup because I know there is some creepy portrait of Dorian grey shit going on under those lashes and foundation.  Like when a ray of light hits a vampire.

And yes, she is ridiculous, but I bet it's about to get a whole lot more stupider.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Ha!  Because I want to know what Paul's deal is, I'm watching before the 90 days with Darcy.

I had no idea that show was such a magnificent trainwreck!  She has a receding hairline!  It's so awful, but so real.  Why didn't she get some hairpligs with her diamond money?

And now she is doing everything in her power not to take off her makeup because I know there is some creepy portrait of Dorian grey shit going on under those lashes and foundation.  Like when a ray of light hits a vampire.

And yes, she is ridiculous, but I bet it's about to get a whole lot more stupider.

Oh you will be delighted then!  Enjoy catching up because it gets weird and awkward and ends with a thump.  I actually liked David and Annie’s season until it became so absurd it had to be fakey fake fake.  And now we get to see them on Pillow Talk they are pretty real and funny.  I’m happy for them, other than the fact they are scamming us LOL 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I’m happy for them, other than the fact they are scamming us LOL 

Since I don't actually send them money I don't really care if I'm being scammed (guess I'm actually smarter than Nicole huh?) as long as I'm being amused.  I can forgive a lot in a person who can describe someone as "looking like she's being eaten by a snake" and then say "but she looks good."

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 6/4/2019 at 4:59 PM, greekmom said:

Watching pillow talk i am more and more convinced that Annie was a bar gal or a working gal back home.

She's tattooed and she refers to sex as "boom boom." Those are Thai bargirl hallmarks.  There are two types of women in Thailand: hookers and women who won't speak to guys like David.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
On 6/6/2019 at 2:55 AM, gavinmac said:

She's tattooed and she refers to sex as "boom boom." Those are Thai bargirl hallmarks.  There are two types of women in Thailand: hookers and women who won't speak to guys like David.

Regardless, David really seems to care about her. She is very funny, friendly and I think she is grateful (even having to live in a storage facility) to be in the US. 

• Love 9
On 6/6/2019 at 1:41 AM, HappyDancex2 said:

And now we get to see them on Pillow Talk they are pretty real and funny.  I’m happy for them, other than the fact they are scamming us LOL 

Agree.  They were my least favorite couple until they went on Pillow Talk.  I actually find her funny and,scamming and being a grown ass adult on an allowance aside, he really seems to adore her.  

3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Regardless, David really seems to care about her. She is very funny, friendly and I think she is grateful (even having to live in a storage facility) to be in the US. 

Yes.  Compared to Andrrrrrei who refuses every life raft he is handed. 

• Love 7

They’re a mess but they seem to be happy and have a lot of fun. I’m behind on the episodes but they were on the Live show with Robin smiling and laughing the whole time. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

Did these two get thrown out of the storage facility? It was commented on last night's episode of Pillow Talk to that effect.  

So they are couch surfing at this point?

His sister apparently took them in, and as of this week, gave them their own room instead of sleeping on the pull-out.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Lemur said:

His sister apparently took them in, and as of this week, gave them their own room instead of sleeping on the pull-out.

My goodness, he is pushing 50.  Is TLC his only job right now?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

My goodness, he is pushing 50.  Is TLC his only job right now?

He's apparently teaching ESL at a local college, which isn't a bad gig. They just need to get a grown up apartment now. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lemur said:

They have to share it with the cat - it was hers (his?) first.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Lemur said:

The pullout couch is a different sister. While they were talking to her, they said “we are leaving in the morning, we’ll say good bye then”

The bedroom is in his other sister’s house. She’s the one who brought them the pretzels.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 6/17/2019 at 10:22 AM, greekmom said:

Did these two get thrown out of the storage facility? It was commented on last night's episode of Pillow Talk to that effect.  

So they are couch surfing at this point?

His (ex) friend who would give him money owned the storage facility and supposedly sold it. They had to go and found another victim’s house to flop at. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, sonder said:

His (ex) friend who would give him money owned the storage facility and supposedly sold it. They had to go and found another victim’s house to flop cook in bed at. 

Fixed it for ya.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 8/29/2019 at 8:04 PM, Armchair Critic said:

I looked at David's Instagram and he has all these pictures of them traveling and eating at nice restaurants.... I don't want to be on this show but I wish I could get in on the grift for a bit so I wouldn't have to work and could do that stuff.

I never go on Instagram but I happened upon Annie's from a link. She honestly looks very beautiful and happy? Looks are always deceiving, but I hope she is, anyway. She seemed like a nice girl.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, kita said:

I never go on Instagram but I happened upon Annie's from a link. She honestly looks very beautiful and happy? Looks are always deceiving, but I hope she is, anyway. She seemed like a nice girl.

I read she used to be a prostitute so I guess being with David is easier for her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 9/6/2019 at 7:32 PM, Armchair Critic said:

I read she used to be a prostitute so I guess being with David is easier for her.

We don't know what her life was at that time. It could have been horrible. Having one man, as opposed to many (if she really was one), is probably a blessing, especially since David appears to be crazy about her. 

• Love 9

Watching the THREE HOUR special on david and annie. Noticing annie has  tattoo on her shoulder - maybe that is henna? Could she afford that? Plus her hair was colored reddish? How poor i don't know. David handing out money - his friend's money - to the villagers and her parents - i don't know.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, seasons said:

Watching the THREE HOUR special on david and annie. Noticing annie has  tattoo on her shoulder - maybe that is henna? Could she afford that? Plus her hair was colored reddish? How poor i don't know. David handing out money - his friend's money - to the villagers and her parents - i don't know.

I'm watching it too, since their season was on before I found this franchise. 

David really should have worked on keeping his weight off, he's not that old but could pass for a decade older.

• Love 1

Somehow, I did not remember all the stuff with David that led him to go overseas. Didn’t remember the weight loss, the stroke....  the loss of job, yes, but the rest just brought him to a midlife crisis.

i agree with those above about the subsequent weight gain.  It isn’t good for either of them.

I do agree with family cutting him off financially.  He would never have figured his way out if they had sustained him.  Have to wonder, now that Pillow Talk tells us they are in Scottsdale, if he has removed himself from his kids and grandkids.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Watching this made me remember what a fucking asshole David’s was when Annie’s was upset about finding out he cheated on his ex wife. He was so cold and  such a massively asshat. I hate him, so I’m surprised at how much I like them on Pillow Talk. I think I like her way more than him.

• Love 4

I only remembered his daughter Ashley, but thought he had other kids. Totally forgot about the shot in the face. They sure never speak about his family any more. I know on an earlier Pillow Talk remember they were staying with his sister outside of Philly (they had Philly Pretzels for snackies)

I knew there was an age difference and all, but I forgot that she was 24 and he was 48 (back when they were looking at water buffalo). I do remember though wasn't David older than Annie's dad?

Totally forgot how much of a loser we all felt he was and I was not expecting them to last this long. They seem like a very likeable couple now, watching them on Pillow Talk. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I was channel surfing last night as I did the Sunday crossword and Sudoku and came upon this show.  I think I missed the first hour of it, but I watched it because I had not seen their original season.   I like them during pillow talk.  I didn't quite understand why she didn't put the hot plate on a table or why when he got the job teaching ESL they didn't buy a cheap used stove.

I read a few of the earlier comments on this tread--Do I understand that the same man who sold the fire station out from under them did the same thing with the storage facility?

Is there a TLC requirement that someone throw water at someone else each season? 

How awful that his son was shot, but it was a relief to see that he survived.

Who is the child she is sometimes seen holding?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Who is the child she is sometimes seen holding?

David’s grandchild.

5 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Is there a TLC requirement that someone throw water at someone else each season? 

Yes, but other liquids may be substituted.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2