Type keyword(s) to search

Annie & David: On An Allowance at 48? He's Good, I Think

• Start Topic

It still bugs me that, ona show or two ago, he said normally his parents would pay. 

Dude is older than me, I am 46.  My parents have helped me, sure.  Years ago.  At almost 50, there’s no saying that parents normally pay.   So disrespectful.  And greedy.  

Dude is stunted.  His poor parents.  

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, Erod said:

This video made me very uncomfortable watching Nikki wedge herself and her baby between the f-bomb throwers who are threatening to kick ass.  Chris and Nikki's marriage may not survive if Chris doesn't, as Nikki stated so eloquently, "take his **** out of his [David's] mouth and let David grow the **** up."  

• Love 5

It sounds like David Poor may have made a homophobic slight against Nikki's brother? Nikki's brother says, "Chris is grown man, and he (David) is a grown man" to which David says, "oh really? That's cause you want to (fuck) him." 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gigglepuff said:

It sounds like David Poor may have made a homophobic slight against Nikki's brother? Nikki's brother says, "Chris is grown man, and he (David) is a grown man" to which David says, "oh really? That's cause you want to (fuck) him." 

Such a pleasant group of people. I bet Thanksgiving dinner was a riot, literally. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

This whole thing seems very fake to me. Chris financing his friend, David starting over in the USA from nothing, Nikki enduring this mess in her house... That seems very fishy to me.  I would not be surprised if Chris and David are using this show only to spike TLC interest of their own "pilot" reality show, Fantasy Thailand ( Look for it on youtube). That would make more sense to me. They probably hired Annie (a bar girl with nothing to lose) and promised her a US green card, little cash and 2 Water Buffaloes,  if she plays along.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Erod said:

This whole thing seems very fake to me. Chris financing his friend, David starting over in the USA from nothing, Nikki enduring this mess in her house... That seems very fishy to me.  I would not be surprised if Chris and David are using this show only to spike TLC interest of their own "pilot" reality show, Fantasy Thailand ( Look for it on youtube). That would make more sense to me. They probably hired Annie (a bar girl with nothing to lose) and promised her a US green card, little cash and 2 Water Buffaloes,  if she plays along.

That was probably a good plan to begin with. I am sure that many potential suitors looking for a mail order bride type of situation may watch this show. And having David Poor find a lovely woman like Annie despite his poverty and physical condition would have been a great advert. Its just not really coming off all that well. Like Lucille Ball manning the chocolate assembly line - it's got away from them.  

• Love 10

Someone said David Poor looks like he’s packing on the pounds( I think manboobs was mentioned)

I would guess the alcohol is the main culprit. I’ve read that many people who have had the operation become alcoholics.  They give up one vice for another. It’s easier to drink the calories than eat. They can drink small amounts 

and get drunk. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bubbles1967 said:

Someone said David Poor looks like he’s packing on the pounds( I think manboobs was mentioned)

I would guess the alcohol is the main culprit. I’ve read that many people who have had the operation become alcoholics.  They give up one vice for another. It’s easier to drink the calories than eat. They can drink small amounts 

and get drunk. 

Yes,  Bubbles1967, this is true, every bit of it.  This is exactly what happened to a dear friend of mine, who has been six feet under for nearly 8 years. 

I don’t care for David Poor, but I don’t wish him any harm, either.  But, this might not end well unless he seriously gets help, and soon.  But, he’s got to want help.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Yes,  Bubbles1967, this is true, every bit of it.  This is exactly what happened to a dear friend of mine, who has been six feet under for nearly 8 years. 

I don’t care for David Poor, but I don’t wish him any harm, either.  But, this might not end well unless he seriously gets help, and soon.  But, he’s got to want help.

I am sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you are doing as OK as can be expected.

I can also confirm that I know a few people who have undergone gastric bypass surgery, only to "undo" all of the help it gave them to begin their lifestyle change. As someone who took care of a friend post-op, I educated myself about the dietary requirements during recovery and the way patients had to ease back into a modified eating plan.

I had a really good friend who had the procedure about 12 years ago; she was in her mid 20s, so it was particularly interesting to me that such a "young person" was approved. I was shocked to learn that she had to attend a certain # of pre-op psychological appointments, but it made so much sense when I thought about it. What struck me as odd and dare I say, neglecting the health of a patient, she was not required to attend any post-op therapy, which I found to be ten types of crazy. I don't know what the requirements are currently, but I really feel like she was "left hanging by her doctors" to figure out how to avoid behaviors that would lead to a possible weight gain.

To see people I know go through such a major life transformation and embark on a brand new way of navigating through life, it's heartbreaking to see them fail to get the necessary help/therapy they need to adjust their minds to their new bodies. My friend even ended up having a few skin removal surgeries (Christmas gifts from her grandparents!) and looked amazing when it was all said and done. I totally admit that I was super jealous of the attention she got when we'd go out, but she ended up abusing alcohol instead of abusing food. I didn't have the cojones to suggest she look for a therapist to deal with her body image/attention/self esteem issues now that she was on the other side of the procedure, but I wish I did. Sadly, it got to the point where I didn't even want to be around her as a result of her incessant drinking, her hooking up with random guys from the bar and also because she wasn't even 1% of the person she was before her surgery.  I ended up not hanging out with her anymore and haven't seen her in ten years. I've heard from mutual friends that she slowly started to gain weight from the booze (and those 3am meals after the bars close), got married and has three kids now.

I used to work with a very, very heavy lady who had GB, and immediately went back to eating more than her stomach could handle. She was eating the same amount of food she had consumed pre-surgery, which made me want to scream. I never found out if she had to attend psych sessions as well, but even if she did, I still am an ardent supporter of post-op therapy as it's just as important as following the Doc's orders. This lady ended up gaining even more weight back, and also suffered from several weight-induced hernias and had other major health issues from her overeating. Last I heard, she went in for a Lap Band procedure, but she looks the same to me. I know addiction is real, and isn't limited to drugs/alcohol. Food is definitely some people's drug of choice too. 

While GB or Lap Band surgeries are designed to assist those who truly need help losing weight, and cannot do it any other way, I'm genuinely curious about where the "break" is in regard to working on themselves and failing to follow Doc's orders post-procedure. The regression risk factor is way too high to let this problem continue.

I'm willing to bet the addiction gene/factor plays a huge part in this, and while I do not know what % of patients who have the surgery are classified as "food addicts", I can't help but think about the TV show "Elementary" in this instance. Sherlock is a recovering drug addict and has a sober companion living with him for a finite amount of time. The companion also goes everywhere he goes, including NA meetings and work, in order to keep him on track post-rehab. I do see the similarity to a companion possibly being labeled as a "babysitter" and I know at some point, everyone needs to be able to make their own choices. However, if a sober companion works for addicts, perhaps it can be integrated somehow into the care of patients who have had weight loss surgery.  I'm just thinking "out loud" here, but there's got to be some options, somewhere, that are meant to help patients who desperately need the help to get over the first few months, which is the hardest part.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, Bridget said:
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I am sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you are doing as OK as can be expected.

Thank you.  I still feel wistful now and again about it.  I don’t think about her for months at a time, but watching Tobo self destructing with no interventions that were aware of is irresponsible on the part of TLC.  That’s just my own opinion.

And yes, she gained all of the weight back and more. She was aware of what she was doing in replacing her addiction to food with alcohol plus animal hoarding. She went to AA, had to get on welfare after her husband died because she couldn’t collect his social security because they had no kids. It was very sad.  There’s way more, but I need to get back on topic.

David Poor needs help.  Full stop. Letting this behavior continue and escalate on camera, to his own detriment and Annie’s sucks.  Yeah, these are obviously re-enactments on some level, but David’s sickly, sallow, bloated look is telling me and many others that this isn’t all play acting for the show.

• Love 3
On 11/21/2017 at 5:01 PM, Erod said:

This David Tobolowski , he failed in his marriage, he failed in his Kentuky business, he failed in his Thai venture, he supposedly has no money or job or house or car AND HE IS TRYING TO HAVE A BABY WITH ANNIE EVERY NIGHT!!?? Something is not right in his head.

Did everyone see Annie wince when he talked about trying every night? That poor woman.

And something is so not right in his head. Maybe he thinks making a baby with her will keep her from fleeing.

• Love 3
On 11/25/2017 at 4:50 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Thank you.  I still feel wistful now and again about it.  I don’t think about her for months at a time, but watching Tobo self destructing with no interventions that were aware of is irresponsible on the part of TLC.  That’s just my own opinion.

And yes, she gained all of the weight back and more. She was aware of what she was doing in replacing her addiction to food with alcohol plus animal hoarding. She went to AA, had to get on welfare after her husband died because she couldn’t collect his social security because they had no kids. It was very sad.  There’s way more, but I need to get back on topic.

David Poor needs help.  Full stop. Letting this behavior continue and escalate on camera, to his own detriment and Annie’s sucks.  Yeah, these are obviously re-enactments on some level, but David’s sickly, sallow, bloated look is telling me and many others that this isn’t all play acting for the show.

I know someone like that who is beating the hell out of her body. She's been obese since she was a kid, I think, and she's diabetic, and she views the insulin as a tool to allow her to eat whatever the heck she wants. She had the weight loss surgery, but seems to be gaining most of it back and now is getting dangerously involved with pills. She has lot of behavioral issues, also, that make her very hard to deal with at times. She can be very needy, manipulative, and off-putting. It's really difficult to know how to help her when she refuses to help herself.

David Poor does need help. And, I think part of dealing with his addiction will mean getting into a 12-step program where he confronts his own selfishness and neediness. Seriously, how repulsed must Annie be having this drunk, bloated man climbing on top of her every night to make a baby? Breathing alcohol in her face? 

He's got to get help so he can start to act like a responsible human being and start thinking about other people.   I don't know how realistic it is to expect mutual attraction with a woman half his age who looks like his granddaughter? Not sure what they can do with that, but she would certainly be much happier with a sober provider with predictable behavior. He needs to make amends with his kids, too. He can be a different person. He doesn't have to continue on as an irresponsible boob.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
I was too hard on David Pour. This is the softer, gentler version
  • Love 2
On 11/23/2017 at 5:23 PM, Desert Rat said:

This video made me very uncomfortable watching Nikki wedge herself and her baby between the f-bomb throwers who are threatening to kick ass.  Chris and Nikki's marriage may not survive if Chris doesn't, as Nikki stated so eloquently, "take his **** out of his [David's] mouth and let David grow the **** up."  

Yes, watching Nikki standing between two screaming men with that little newborn made me very uncomfortable as well. I was really astonished that the baby didn't start crying!

Just take the baby upstairs and let your brother slug the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. What's the harm?

Her brother is a little too loud although it sounds like David is the source of the trouble and the irritation.

I gotta say, Nikki has no business looking that good after just having given birth. And having her nails done, too? She's a full blown goddess. Hell, I'll marry her.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I gotta say, Nikki has no business looking that good after just having given birth. And having her nails done, too? She's a full blown goddess. Hell, I'll marry her.

ITA. Nikki is absolutely beautiful.

• Love 9

Brother Nikki is the man!  Most of these couples could use a Brother Nikki to tell the truth unapologetically.

It looks like David has put on 30 or 40 pounds since the start of the season.  He is going to eat and drink himself into an early grave if he doesn't make some changes quick.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Brother Nikki calling David Poor a penguin= genius

It was even better than that.  It was a metaphor of Batman something assed penguin. I deleted the recording...rats!!!!

It’s on again... maybe I’ll get to get it right. 

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 3
On 11/23/2017 at 1:08 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Only Nikki, Brother Nikki, and Annie are keeping it real.  Tobo is bound to wear out his welcome real fast.  His next stop is going to be the nearest trailer park if he doesn’t stop picking fights. Looks like he’s got an out of control drinking problem, and TLC is letting him circle the drain rather than encourage him to get treatment.

As @funky-rat stated very eloquently in an earlier post today, there is NOTHING funny about diabetes.  It leads to blindness, amputations, ulcerated legs, stroke, heart disease, kidney failure, pancreatitis, and a host of other complications if left uncontrolled.  David looks like shit and doesn’t look like he’s long for this earth.

For what it's worth, it's very common for long term expats in Cambodia and Thailand to die of "natural causes" in their 50s. Basically they drink and whore themselves to death. 

• Love 4

David trying to plant a baby in Annie every night is a big bowl of Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.  Jokes on him though cuz Annie is chewing on birth control pills.  Girl ain't gonna succomb to the anchor baby until it's on her terms.

• Love 9

David looks worse every week.  I do feel sympathy for him because he has literally nothing going for him (except a lot of gold jewelry)?  I'd actually like to know more about his backstory.  Did poor Annie seriously have no better prospects?

He is the type of guy that gives all diabetics a bad name.  T2 Diabetes runs in my family even though NONE of us are overweight or drink and are active.  I had Gestational Diabetes when I was pregnant, and there is a good chance I'll develop it in the future.  For the record, I'm 5'3" and 105 lbs.  My doctor told me that I should have gained more weight than I did during pregnancy.  People see David and assume that all type 2 diabetics live unhealthy lifestyles.  Genetics suck!

• Love 6

David Penguin might start seizing up and going into DT's if he quits drinking suddenly unless he sneaks the occasional beer or shot of Listerine on the side which I suspect he will.

These guys are experts at hiding it when they have to do so.

It will take some courage to stay sober and something tells me that's not his strong suit.

Also he gave her every classic alcoholic lie in the book. "I didn't really even want to drink that night." SERIOUSLY? Dude, you couldn't wait to drink!

Another favorite was when he yakked something like, "I'm so sorry if I offended them..." Like, "If I was out of line which I doubt because some people can be so touchy..."

And he will be three sheets to the wind on his wedding night and make her sleep on the floor again. What a slob. 

• Love 2

A lot of the GB issues depend on the doctor who does it.  Mr. Funky's niece had it done, and she looks great, but she has a good doctor.  His aunt had it done by a doctor who said it would "cure" her diabetes.  Nope.  It's worse than ever because she can't eat much, and can only eat soft foods - meat gets stuck in the pouch and makes her vomit.  A former co-worker of mine had it done by a medical group I went to for help to learn better portion control, and how to make good food swaps.  All they wanted me to do was have surgery.  They called me stupid.  I left.  The doctor she had promised her it would be the best thing ever, and that he knew how to push through skin surgery so the insurance would cover it.  She had her pre-op, but couldn't lose the amount of weight she was required to.  So he "helped" her along by prescribing diet pills.  Then she had the surgery.  The incision herniated 3 times.  She had all kinds of post-op issues.  Then when it came time for skin surgery, he washed his hands of it when insurance wouldn't approve it.  He told her "maybe" he could get it pushed through if she "stopped cleaning the skin folds, and she developed frequent infections".  What the hell kind of advice is that?  I'd rather be fat, thank you.

• Love 3

Brother Nikki called out David Poor for being a deadbeat dad. An episode or so ago a comment speculated that David’s return to the US coincided with youngest child becoming an adult and absolving him of child support obligations. Whoever that was, you’re probably right. 

• Love 7

Bahtman Penguin is drinking probably because he knows deep down that Annie is using him for a green card. He is broke and he is so screwed with life in general. I pity him. I'm sure he is not a bad guy. He is only 48 yo. but he walks/moves like a 68 yo. Very sad. He put himself under lots of stress by getting married with a foreign lady.  I hope he can turn his life around. He's got a great lady with him...he is lucky to have a second chance with life.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

A lot of the GB issues depend on the doctor who does it.  Mr. Funky's niece had it done, and she looks great, but she has a good doctor.  His aunt had it done by a doctor who said it would "cure" her diabetes.  Nope.  It's worse than ever because she can't eat much, and can only eat soft foods - meat gets stuck in the pouch and makes her vomit.  A former co-worker of mine had it done by a medical group I went to for help to learn better portion control, and how to make good food swaps.  All they wanted me to do was have surgery.  They called me stupid.  I left.  The doctor she had promised her it would be the best thing ever, and that he knew how to push through skin surgery so the insurance would cover it.  She had her pre-op, but couldn't lose the amount of weight she was required to.  So he "helped" her along by prescribing diet pills.  Then she had the surgery.  The incision herniated 3 times.  She had all kinds of post-op issues.  Then when it came time for skin surgery, he washed his hands of it when insurance wouldn't approve it.  He told her "maybe" he could get it pushed through if she "stopped cleaning the skin folds, and she developed frequent infections".  What the hell kind of advice is that?  I'd rather be fat, thank you.

That's really horrible! Also, it's horrible that they try to push one way of doing things on you instead of letting you make decisions about your own life and your own body!

My friend from school who had it done had all kinds of complications in the immediate aftermath, probably because she had never tried to change her way of eating before. I'd never known her to really diet and lose weight in her entire life. She had only gained and gained. And, she expected the weight loss surgery to take care of the problem for her. She did finally lose about 100 pounds making her quite a bit lighter on her feet (still weighing about 280-300, and she's barely 5 feet tall if that), but she called the surgery "one of the worst mistakes of my entire life."

Annie was astonished that David Pour got drunk so quickly. No doubt that's the result of the surgery. He's substituting one drug for another although I suspect the alcohol has been a problem for most of his life as well. Gauging from the way he's eating, his stomach has probably stretched back out to well beyond average size. I don't know whether or not it's more likely to rupture. Scary for him.

Nikki's brother, Antonio, is spilling major tea on Annie and David, and I quote: "Annie is a fake lying thief and a user. She is riding the back of Chris finances as he supports david...david is a self explanatory lowlife...annie was also a prostitute in asia....he did not meet her at a f*cking karaoke bar.... it was actually a d*ck s*cking bar...."

So, there you have it. If that's the case, again, IF, then we understand Annie's desperation.

I think Gavin Mac called it correctly.

BTW, remember, folks, I'm only the messenger.

I can forgive Annie for being a little rough around the edges. I'm sure her life in Thailand was hell on earth at times.

Also, Antonio is claiming that Annie stole money from Nikki. This is major tea. And, I'm sure that Annie was majorly desperate. Look who she's with. She was probably scared of going hungry in Kentucky.

Thoughts?

23844936_1052263348250170_8265550530198721456_n.jpg

added attachment
  • Love 4
On 26/11/2017 at 5:26 PM, Emkat said:

And I think she could take Humpty out-she is an Amazon!

You go girl!!

• Love 1

More tea, anyone? Annie had another old dude she was "seeing" at the same time as David Penguin.

Knock me over with a feather!

Annie took the liberty of posting a photo of her beau followed by several photos of what she undoubtedly regarded as his luxurious surroundings. Not that we didn't already know where her heart was.

Too bad it didn't work out with the other old dude. He was employed!  (According to Nikki, David still doesn't have a job. Hope he spends some of their 90 Day earnings on Annie's work visa so one of them is working!)

90_Day_Fiance_Annie_Facebook_photos_from_Antonio.jpg

• Love 7
On 11/28/2017 at 9:44 AM, CoachWristletJen said:

Nikki's brother, Antonio, is spilling major tea on Annie and David, and I quote: "Annie is a fake lying thief and a user. She is riding the back of Chris finances as he supports david...david is a self explanatory lowlife...annie was also a prostitute in asia....he did not meet her at a f*cking karaoke bar.... it was actually a d*ck s*cking bar...."

"A d*ck s*cking bar?"   Ick!  I live a very sheltered life. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

170?cb=20141106195705

"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today....and meals, accommodations, transportation, and free harangues for my GF and me, today and into the foreseeable future." 

Edited by Tuneful
To see David Pour in a suit that's not out of RuPaul's Drag Race
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Are those arm braces in the photo collage above? If so, maybe we found something else Annie desires in her 'relationships'...a mobility impaired man who can't easily chase her down when she takes their last $5 and makes a run for it. Or in David Poor's case, Chris' last $5. 

• Love 3
On 11/27/2017 at 4:10 PM, CofCinci said:

An episode or so ago a comment speculated that David’s return to the US coincided with youngest child becoming an adult and absolving him of child support obligations. Whoever that was, you’re probably right. 

Doesn't absolve you of the arrears.   If the ex had a child support order, he still owes what he was supposed to pay all that time.   Although he couldn't have had arrears, at $2500 in arrears, your passport is yanked.    He couldn't have renewed it if he was living overseas when it expired.   Or re-entered the country without a valid passport.   Now I really wonder about the passport situation.   I LOVE going after guys for arrears.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Wow, Antonio certainly spilled the tea on Annie, remind me to never piss him off.

Nikki is really beautiful, kudos to her wearing a figure hugging dress so soon after giving birth.

How did David not see Annie's social media?  He had to know there was another guy in line.

I no longer feel sorry for Annie.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Wow, Antonio certainly spilled the tea on Annie, remind me to never piss him off.

Nikki is really beautiful, kudos to her wearing a figure hugging dress so soon after giving birth.

How did David not see Annie's social media?  He had to know there was another guy in line.

I no longer feel sorry for Annie.

It doesn't surprise me a bit. On their boat ride, she basically told David Penguin that if he didn't come through, she would find somebody else (although she's got nobody waiting in the wings).

I can see Annie as having a capacity for being very manipulative, but at the same time, she's very sad and desperate. If she was truly working at a "duck soup bar" as Antonio described, that's a miserable existence, one old man's duck after another, day in and day out. She probably started when she was very young, perhaps 14 or 15, or even younger. It's all she knows and she is desperate to find a new way of life. That's why she sticks with David Pour even though "he's coming at her old, broke, with kids he doesn't care for, etc."

I don't know what Annie's mother's attitude was towards her line of work. How do you accept money that your daughter earned, you know, through duck souping? Maybe she refused it, though. Who knows? So many layers in this story! 

Maybe Annie didn't see any other way out of prostitution than escaping to the United States? She just seems so unhappy and broken and desperate. 

I'm guessing resentments had already been building when Antonio blew up at David Penguin. He said on his page that David had said a bunch of other insulting inappropriate things, and he had only been there two days. And, he suggested part of why Annie stuck with him was she was anticipating a continued steady flow of cash from the affluent Chris, who is a retired pro-football player. Something tells me things have gone south, but Antonio can't say because he's in "Facebook Jail" and can't post for three whole days. Wonder who turned him in? Drama with a capital D!!!

• Love 9
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Shhh...don't tell Libby's sisters about it. They'll add it to their places to visit during "the last hoorah."

I vaguely remember Libby, in her first epi or so, talking about having her last "hoo-hah" and it was one of those... "Um, I don't think that word means what you think it means" words.  Or that's how she says it and she's also a person who says "supposably" in which case AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH MY EARS MY EARS

• Love 8

Antonio was really nasty to say that stuff about Annie. Classless and tacky. We had no illusions about what Annie’s occupation might have been, but to be so ugly about it.  Not the way to get your own show, dude.

Nikki probably feels she’s the only adult in the house.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Antonio was really nasty to say that stuff about Annie. Classless and tacky. We had no illusions about what Annie’s occupation might have been, but to be so ugly about it.  Not the way to get your own show, dude.

Nikki probably feels she’s the only adult in the house.

Yeah, I like having the tea spilled but I can't get on board with what Antonio did. He is all over Facebook right now, posting that shit in every group he can find. For his part, Chris is also active in the Facebook groups, too. They all come across as famewhores. 

• Love 6