Type keyword(s) to search

Elizabeth & Andrei: Ballroom Blitz

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, PityFree said:

I’ve always said that the true test of one’s relationship is assembling furniture together.  They seem to have managed that without yelling or fighting, so I predict good things for them. 

So true.  In the early days of our marriage my husband and I assembled lots of pieces of cheap furniture from IKEA and other stores. The instructions are usually so vague and confusing, often with pictures instead of words, that these projects almost always involved yelling and fights. It's strange though because now that we have been married for almost 30 years we look back at those times with some fondness and laugh at the silly fights and some of the botched projects, like when we flooded the kitchen trying to install a new garbage disposal.  My husband is smart and talented, but not a handyman. 

• Love 5
On 11/22/2017 at 1:20 PM, funky-rat said:

It may not be him, but that one Starcasm article says that her mother and father met Andrei in Dublin, and that her dad skyped with him, so their storyline is all made-up drama.

I missed the part about the dad Skyping, but I thought the article stated it was her mother and stepfather who visited Andrrrrrrei in Ireland. (Not to say it isn’t still made up drama!)

On 11/21/2017 at 7:38 PM, Nowhere said:

I don't think it looks like him.

Agreed. It doesn’t look like him, IMO, plus it was in 2009, and the ages don’t quite match. To me, the guy in the video looks older than Andrrrrrrei does now.

Andrrrrei is kind of-sort of my type, though to be fair, I don’t have one type and have dated/loved a wide variety. I mean, ultimately I guess he’s the type I am most atttracted to, in that he’s taller/bigger, dark-haired, light eyes, and takes no shit. Granted, I like mine a little less salty, but I don’t mind a little salt, as long they are sweet to me and not assholes to others— no jerks. I do like his straightforwardness. I don’t see an abusive guy at all, just a different culture.

The drinking would be something I’d be very wary of, and in fact, it might be a dealbreaker. I’d have to see more before judging on that. An ex had issues with alcohol, so I tread carefully.

I llike that he gave no shits about Elizabeth’s dad and brother, yet he wasn’t rude—he was firm. I get sick of the brides/grooms being treated as “others” simply because they’re “foreign”. The families act like interrogators rather than family, which doesn’t really set up a good situation for getting to know someone. I’m glad Andrrrrrrei stood up for himself and basically poo-pooed their verbal handwringing. 

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
than, not then --yikes
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Scorpiosunshine said:

I llike that he gave no shits about Elizabeth’s dad and brother, yet he wasn’t rude—he was firm. I get sick of the brides/grooms being treated as “others” simply because they’re “foreign”. The families act like interrogators rather than family, which doesn’t really set up a good situation for getting to know someone. I’m glad Andrrrrrrei stood up for himself and basically poo-pooed their verbal handwringing. 

I was appalled at the way the dad and brother spoke to Andrei. There was no warmth or welcoming in their tones, no "welcome to the family", only cold interrogation and disses. It seems like the relationship has been going on for quite a while - I would guess at least a year or two - and Elizabeth's family has had plenty of time to marinade the fact that she would be marrying a foreign man. I thought it funny that the dad only mentioned Andrei's lack of current employment (not really his fault) and not the fact that his daughter works only part time, and in the family business no less, and why he didnt tell her that she needs to step it up too. I was glad that Andrei firmly told them that they would be able to handle it on their own, had savings, and that he had plans to be a truck driver, which is a decent paying job and would probably suit him. 

Compare this welcoming to say, David Spain. There was no interrogation scene from Evelyn's family towards him, although he is in his late 20s and apparantly doesnt seem to have any savings, and who knows what pennies Evelyn earns. There was no mention of who would be paying the $1200/mo rent. 

• Love 5

I can't stand Elizabeth's sisters.  They accuse Andrrrei of being controlling, but they want to control her more than she does.  One of them said, "I'll bring her home when I like."  Really?  How about she goes home when she wants to?

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I can't stand Elizabeth's sisters.  They accuse Andrrrei of being controlling, but they want to control her more than she does.  One of them said, "I'll bring her home when I like."  Really?  How about she goes home when she wants to?

My thought exactly .  The sisters seem to want to ruin this for her.

• Love 8

And she says, "I'm taking her to Vegas." Did she ask Elizabeth if she wants to go? I wouldn't want to and I wouldn't want my fiancé going. 

You can be a strong-willed, independent, go-getter without going to Vegas and getting stripper dicks shoved in your face. I think her sisters have a weird definition of what a strong woman is.

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 18
4 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

And she says, "I'm taking her to Vegas." Did she ask Elizabeth if she wants to go? I wouldn't want to and I wouldn't want my fiancé going. 

You can be a strong-willed, independent, go-getter without going to Vegas and getting stripped dicks shoved in your face. I think her sisters have a weird definition of what a strong woman is.

I am impressed with how Andrrrei handles all the crap from Elizabeth's family remaining assertive, without getting angry.  He just calmly and firmly speaks his mind and keeps smiling 

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

You can be a strong-willed, independent, go-getter without going to Vegas and getting stripper dicks shoved in your face. I think her sisters have a weird definition of what a strong woman is.

Yes exactly . I actually don’t think a bachelor party is bad , but 3 nights in Vegas- not everyone wants that and it absolutely would be off putting to andrei.

• Love 7

Trashy sisters need to stop. Not all American women want strippers and Vegas for their bachelorette party. Plus there are tons of American men who don’t want their fiancées doing this for all types of reasons. Some are religious, some safety, some think all generations should be invited to an age appropriate party.  And top that with American women who think strippers and Vegas are vulgar and want no part of it.

They need to stop acting like strippers and Vegas are an American tradition. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Lemons said:

Trashy sisters need to stop. Not all American women want strippers and Vegas for their bachelorette party. Plus there are tons of American men who don’t want their fiancées doing this for all types of reasons. Some are religious, some safety, some think all generations should be invited to an age appropriate party.  And top that with American women who think strippers and Vegas are vulgar and want no part of it.

They need to stop acting like strippers and Vegas are an American tradition. 

Not only that, women who think like they do are often hypocrites; they don't want their MEN going out to strip clubs and getting drunk, but it's A-Okay and empowering when women do it? Nope.

It sounds to me like Elizabeth and Andrei are both willing to compromise (which is essential for a good marriage). I would be concerned if Andrei was planning a "go to strip club and get drunk" bachelor party, but refused to allow Elizabeth to do the same (IF that's what SHE wanted), but so far, it seems like he's willing to apply the same rules to himself as he asks Elizabeth to follow. And Elizabeth appears to be fine with that.

Sisters Elizabeth need to back off and get their noses out of Elizabeth and Andrei's relationship.

• Love 9

Andrei just gets better and better!  He was so cute sitting at the table smiling while the harpies tried to bait him.  They just want to start problems.  First it's going to a bar, then when he and Libby discuss things and compromise and he's okay with them going out for dinner and fun, they move the goal post to strippers and then strippers in Vegas.  What asses!!  I think they're really jealous of Libby having Andrei (I know I am)!!! 

And her dad can take a flying leap.  His bs about his daughters marrying successful people.  By who's standards??  Is money the only measurement of success??  Andrei seems intelligent and industrious.  I don't think he'll have much trouble supporting himself and his family.  Also, the whole working for dad thing can be a real problem.  Sometimes working for parents can be a nightmare.  There are parents who expect way more of their child and for lesser pay.  They also feel that even though they're paying their child for a legitimate job that they're giving money to the child.  I think this is what Libby's dad's mentality is.  He may find that if he has to replace her, it will cost him much more money and he will not get as much work out of the non-related worker.  I hope Libby tells him where to get off and finds other employment.  He's a jerk and if anyone is controlling it's him.  I worked for my parent's business when I was young and it was no picnic.  I was under-paid, overworked and constantly put upon.  I finally left and gained my independence.  Guess who suffered for it??  Not me!!

• Love 10

I am at a loss, for real, with these shrews. Each one is worse than the last! And why do they all feel like they need to live Libby's life for her? She's not a baby, she's a grown woman of 27.

I especially love how they were trying to outdo each other with how worldly and sophisticated they were. Because nothing says "woman of the world" like drunkenly stuffing singles in a greased up gym rat's G string while yelling "woo!" over and over.

"Libby's so ambitious, she's such a go getter". Excuse me, what now? She works part time for her daddy's property management company. This would be fine for a 16 year old. Try that one again.

"I want her to have her dreams and aspirations". I don't even know where to go with this. Andrei has not indicated by word or deed that he would prevent Libby from doing anything she truly wants to do. Apparently to this bunch of trashy skanks "aspirations" begins and ends with being able to go to Vegas and get shitfaced. If Libby doesn't want to do it, she must be being "controlled". Are these women all married to milk toast men who let them keep their balls in their knockoff Louis Vuitton purses?

• Love 13

Really? Her sisters seemed okay before. But now, just no. They didn't care about what she wanted at all. People change all the time for a ton of reasons. I never understood what the appeal of the whole Vegas, sex and alcohol parties. Having lived there, I've never met anyone that really cared. Some obviously do, but it's not an "everyone ever loves this and has to go do this" type of thing like they're making it out to be. Why does strong woman have to equal wants to go get blackout drunk and grope strangers with them? He never said anything about a curfew either. Wouldn't any sane person want to know when a person they care about will be home? If something happened, he'd want to know. And even if she was submissive, so? Maybe that's her choice. It is for plenty of people.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Normades said:

Andrei just gets better and better!  He was so cute sitting at the table smiling while the harpies tried to bait him.  They just want to start problems.  First it's going to a bar, then when he and Libby discuss things and compromise and he's okay with them going out for dinner and fun, they move the goal post to strippers and then strippers in Vegas.  What asses!!  I think they're really jealous of Libby having Andrei (I know I am)!!! 

And her dad can take a flying leap.  His bs about his daughters marrying successful people.  By who's standards??  Is money the only measurement of success??  Andrei seems intelligent and industrious.  I don't think he'll have much trouble supporting himself and his family.  Also, the whole working for dad thing can be a real problem.  Sometimes working for parents can be a nightmare.  There are parents who expect way more of their child and for lesser pay.  They also feel that even though they're paying their child for a legitimate job that they're giving money to the child.  I think this is what Libby's dad's mentality is.  He may find that if he has to replace her, it will cost him much more money and he will not get as much work out of the non-related worker.  I hope Libby tells him where to get off and finds other employment.  He's a jerk and if anyone is controlling it's him.  I worked for my parent's business when I was young and it was no picnic.  I was under-paid, overworked and constantly put upon.  I finally left and gained my independence.  Guess who suffered for it??  Not me!!

I dont really think thats the case here... I think her dad actually helpes her out a lot financially, which is how she managed to travel to Europe so much and take extended vacations to see her boyfriend. She lives in her own apartment even before Andrei came, and I believe I saw her driving a really nice car. Plus when she mentioned to Andrei that her dad bought them a bed as a housewarming gift, it seemed to me that her dad probably supplements her lifestyle/wages. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I dont really think thats the case here... I think her dad actually helpes her out a lot financially, which is how she managed to travel to Europe so much and take extended vacations to see her boyfriend. She lives in her own apartment even before Andrei came, and I believe I saw her driving a really nice car. Plus when she mentioned to Andrei that her dad bought them a bed as a housewarming gift, it seemed to me that her dad probably supplements her lifestyle/wages. 

She's also a part-time actress.  She doesn't have a lot of screen credits on IMDB, but folks like her can keep busy with regional theaters, etc.  

Maybe that's why her sister calls her a "go-getter"; maybe she spends a lot of time at auditions and doing nightly performances in community theaters.  There sure hasn't been much evidence on the show that's she actively pursuing a well-paying career.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 2

The she's an 'independent go getter' line was amusing.

Otherwise I liked Andrei & Libby explaining how relationships are supposed to work to the Three Skanky Stooges.

My bet is wherever they go to party there will be a "surprise!" stripper included.

• Love 3
On 11/26/2017 at 7:51 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

I am impressed with how Andrrrei handles all the crap from Elizabeth's family remaining assertive, without getting angry.  He just calmly and firmly speaks his mind and keeps smiling 

I got a kick out of him calmly stirring his drink while being interrogated by the sisters. Steady, calm, and gave no shits. Didn't even say he was nervous to meet Elizabeth's dad when she asked. And it was refreshing to hear that he had savings and talked about needing to budget. Also, did you all notice the giant smirk on his face when Elizabeth told her dad she'd happily live in Moldova? Hilarious. He enjoyed riling them up.

I'd have a downright crush on him, but some of what he says about women and relationships gives me a little pause. But whatever, I'm not the one marrying him.

• Love 5

I'd have a downright crush on him, but some of what he says about women and relationships gives me a little pause. But whatever, I'm not the one marrying him

I'm doing the whole 90 day myself and going to back to Ukraine on Jan 8th.  I haven't been to Moldava but its a neighboring country.  The men are men and the women are women.  The average life span for men in Ukraine is like 64?  They generally start drinking like fish at an early age and don't stop.  We went skiing in Bukovel (Carpathian Mts) and many of them were flying down the slopes slinging cigarettes and drunk off their ass:)  Straight shooters though....men and women and I would get along with Andrei fine myself! 

• Love 2
On 11/28/2017 at 9:39 AM, AZChristian said:

She's also a part-time actress.  She doesn't have a lot of screen credits on IMDB, but folks like her can keep busy with regional theaters, etc.  

Maybe that's why her sister calls her a "go-getter"; maybe she spends a lot of time at auditions and doing nightly performances in community theaters.  There sure hasn't been much evidence on the show that's she actively pursuing a well-paying career.

I'm guessing that she is keeping her acting aspirations on the DL on the show so that it would be less obvious that she is trying to get "out there" on the small screen, even if reality TV is the best option. 

I think the go-getter line probably referred to her getting her and Andrei on a reality documentary. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

At some point did Libby and Andrei ask for financial help? Because Father Libby keeps bringing it up. I loved Andrei taking out his frustration on the golf ball. 

I get the impression her dad likes to control his children with money. So, he does things like buying Elizabeth gifts (the bed) or offering them an apartment in one of the properties he manages (my assumption) and then acting like he was forced to pay for things.  Then, he keeps bringing it up and referencing the gifts that he provided/offered without being asked.  I’m sure he reminds Elizabeth daily that he “supports her”  just because he pays her salary. I doubt he would suggest that he is supporting his nonrelative employees.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, PityFree said:

I get the impression her dad likes to control his children with money. So, he does things like buying Elizabeth gifts (the bed) or offering them an apartment in one of the properties he manages (my assumption) and then acting like he was forced to pay for things.  Then, he keeps bringing it up and referencing the gifts that he provided/offered without being asked.  I’m sure he reminds Elizabeth daily that he “supports her”  just because he pays her salary. I doubt he would suggest that he is supporting his nonrelative employees.

Yeah, that makes sense. My mom does that. She will surprise us with something, or "nicely" offer to pay for something, and then hold that over our heads at a later date. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

At some point did Libby and Andrei ask for financial help? Because Father Libby keeps bringing it up. I loved Andrei taking out his frustration on the golf ball. 

Oh and it pissed Poppa off when Andrei nonchalantly told poppa he would take care of the wedding, I agree with everyone who said that poppa controls his kids with money. I laughed hard at the shady comment Andrei made about the ages of the men LibbyS sisters married and how he had plenty of time to build a career. The only ones making Libby sound high maintenance are Libby's family members.

• Love 10

I became a member here just to say I know Russians the russian accent even speak some russain. That guy is russian or his parents are & he was born in Irelnd or he is lieing & if he is lieing about his race its because he is hiding from something horrible going on in mother russia. I wont go further into that but I will also say that if he is lieing he maybe lieing about everything & working on a big scheme Im sure it has more to do than just his usa residents. Hope he aint a spy. LOL

Edited by Anml
  • Love 1

No matter how the Dad acts, this Andrei is a  scary guy.  He appears, to me, to be a woman hater & wife beater.  "You are a woman."  Like, that is supposed to be some kind of an insult.  (He's a misogynist.)   She needs to get the fuck away from him now.

His haircut looks just like Barnabus Collins.

Barnabas_Collins_2.jpg

• Love 4
On December 3, 2017 at 8:45 PM, mamadrama said:

Libby's dad is a Douche with a capital D.  I'd ask him if he and Libby's mom lived in a big house with a fancy car when they first got married.  I bet they didn't.  Did he ask his father in law for his wife's hand in marriage?  

• Love 3
On 11/26/2017 at 6:40 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

They are a lot of basic skanks.  I don't know this whole idea about "hanging out my girls."  I think men are better friends to women, anyway. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Libby's dad is a Douche with a capital D.  I'd ask him if he and Libby's mom lived in a big house with a fancy car when they first got married.  I bet they didn't.  Did he ask his father in law for his wife's hand in marriage?  

Also I get that it is tradition but the tradition is when women were property and being transferred. I don't think it is the worst thing in the world to give the bride to be's family a heads up but she is a grown woman and can marry anyone she pleases at any time, her father has no say whatsoever. So what if he did ask him first, what was he going to say, no? Based on the way he is acting he might think he has veto power but no, he did not need permission to ask her to marry him and it's kind of offensive to suggest he did.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Libby's family has quite the mugshot collection.

http://starcasm.net/archives/380417

Oh my!  Overwhelmingly disliked on the forum Sister Jen actually SMILED for her mugshot like it was a head shot for a modeling portfolio? I forget, who was the dimwitted brother we saw at lunch who wondered where "Maldova" is? It appears that Charles/Chuck may be the guy married to Megan, part of Bachelorette Coven.  All this confirms my suspicions that Daddy Chuck is a hypocritical asshole. Thanks for posting this! 

Here's some info I found, on Charles, Sr. (63) and Chuck M (36) with possible relatives in common. It also looks like there are three girls and three or four boys in the family:

https://www.spokeo.com/Charles-Potthast/Florida

Edited by magemaud
found some more info
  • Love 1

As soon as I heard Brother Libby say "King a Moledovo," I knew he'd spent time in Maryland.  I'm from there originally, and that nasal "O" is unmistakable.  If I live to be 1,000 I'll never be able to forget school choirs on the local morning news singing, "Let it snoe, Let it snoe, Let it snoe."  My hackles are raised just thinking about it.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 1
On 12/9/2017 at 10:45 PM, Tress said:

No matter how the Dad acts, this Andrei is a  scary guy.  He appears, to me, to be a woman hater & wife beater.  "You are a woman."  Like, that is supposed to be some kind of an insult.  (He's a misogynist.)   She needs to get the fuck away from him now.

His haircut looks just like Barnabus Collins.

Barnabas_Collins_2.jpg

He reminds me of lurch and he scares me

• Love 1
21 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I didn't see this posted yet, so...

Libby's family has quite the mugshot collection.

http://starcasm.net/archives/380417

Does Libby crave the stability and discipline that Andrrrrei offers, because her family is a bunch of out-of-control assholes?

Wait.  Is that dark haired sister the now blonde with the bangs?  WTF??  Did dad take that $17K he was behind on child support and pay for the ladies of his family to have make overs before filming?  Seriously those were some very different looking ladies.

On 11/26/2017 at 5:44 PM, Nowhere said:

or they are just using her as an excuse for a trip to LV. 

• Love 1