Type keyword(s) to search

Nicole & Azan: Supersize My Tagine

• Start Topic

i don't feel bad for nicole sitting there alone yesterday..she is abusive, both physically and verbally. she pushed azan a few times physically which is uncalled for....he might be doubting this and that, and i don't blame him for questioning this relationship once he finds himself in usa...she needs therapy help, to sort out her aggressive behavior when things don't go her way....only person that people should feel sorry for is her child...she will pass her abuse on to her young child... maybe the father could step in and rethink his co-sponsoring and check his daughter into therapy.

azan was right to stay away rather than be on tv for public shaming and emasculating. stay far away azan!

• Love 9

I'm calling bullshit to him not realizing how she's "big a little bit." There was a scene when they showed her facetiming with Azan and him saying "hi" to May and you can see her face and her arm and her sitting down body. 

I don't know what happened in that room their first night, but he looked haunted after. 

Edited by guilfoyleatpp
  • Love 14

He can barely stand her.   She must be sending him a heck of a lot of money every month for him to put up with being with someone he is repulsed by.

Also I wonder if that one time in Morocco is the only time they’ve ever had sex?  If so, good job Azan for keeping her off of you for all that time she was in Morocco both times!

Edited by PityFree
Because sitting is not sending. Thanks text-to-speech!
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

The sad, hollow look in his eyes after she forces him to admit on camera that they had sex...he looked so genuinely unhappy I was almost able to forget he did this all to himself.

I would personally be devastated if my fiance, upon meeting me, said I was bigger than he imagined or was not attracted to me. I don't know how Nicole did not dump him after seeing that episode. Some men are just fine with bigger women. Azan is clearly not one of them, but I wonder if he might feel differently if Nicole wasn't so obnoxious. Personality goes a long way. Some people become more attractive to you as you get to know and love them.

Not to pry into their sex life (but Nicole did bring it up and looked pretty smug about it, sooo), but I wonder if that first time was the only time for that entire trip, at least until those tents. Azan sure did try hard from then on to stress the need for two rooms. I did also see his barely disguised repulsion and I wondered at Nicole not seeing it too, but what am I saying? She does not inhabit planet reality. He's wasting both their time, which is unforgivable. He had the PERFECT out when she stupidly admitted to cheating.

Nicole looked GREAT at the tell-all. Give her hairstylist, makeup artist, and dresser a raise. I hope they gave her tips.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 3

Oh shit.  Nicole on a camel in her purple turban.  She looked like a Luchador.  I’m calling her La Martillo Morada.

I wonder if her problem may be fetal alcohol syndrome?  She has the lack of impulse control and anger issues.  She also has facial features which could be consistent with FAS. 

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 7

I had never seen this earlier season where she first went to Morocco but it's so blatantly obvious he is not attracted to her right from the start... She is big a little bit.   The only times he's the least bit affectionate is at the airport waving her goodbye. He said some cruel things to her, but Nicole only hears what she wants to hear.

I don't understand Azan. He seems irritated  and even repulsed by Nicole ... Is the money and promise of a green card worth it? Is life in Morocco so terrible?  Didn't look like it and he has a lovely mum and aunt  it seems. 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I wonder if her problem may be fetal alcohol syndrome?  She has the lack of impulse control and anger issues.  She also has facial features which could be consistent with FAS. 

I am so glad you posted this. I had written out a post this morning stating that both Nicole and her mother have classic FAS features. I decided not to post it as I know next to nothing about it and didn't want to Wiki or google for Mc-info.

Whatever is wrong with her, she is a scary bully.  Reminds me of an obese version of Casey Anthony.

• Love 6

Holy shit. You only have to make 25K to sponsor someone? And Nicole doesn't even make that? I made that at my first job out of college in 1994. 

And WHERE is she getting the money to fly to Morocco?!

Edited by guilfoyleatpp
  • Love 4

Wow, she read too many princess stories as a child.  She wants to live them all out in her own life.  Only problem, has she looked in the mirror?  Azan was definitely disappointed when he saw her size.  Yet she kept talking about all the changes HE needed to make.  Not one consideration for what she needed to do.  And how, how could a person with any modicum of common sense travel across the world without looking up data on the country they're travelling to.  She showed the worst of Americans.  In Muslim culture, the women do not argue with their man in public, make out in public, or have kids before marriage.  She had to look like trash to his family, and a sucker - sending him money.  How can she afford to do this and raise a child on minimum wage?  She needs to grow up, invest her money in an education instead of fast food, lose weight and take care of the child she already has.  Maybe then she'll find someone she doesn't have to force her dream on.  I feel bad for her parents, how much messing up does she get to do before they take custody of May and let her implode alone.

• Love 7
On 12/18/2017 at 6:27 PM, biakbiak said:

My DVR had it listed as "Nicole and Azan The Story So Far" but I went to their website and that doesn't appear to be the case.

TV just showed "Nicole and Azan The Journey So Far"as the title.

I think the final should be why Hassan chose to use a fake name.

Edited by LisaWl7TR
  • Love 4

There looked like some new things, but I can't be sure because I never pay 100% attention. 

No new revelations that stuck out. 

I did notice the "I've looked into the abyss" look on Azan the first time, but it registered more this time.

Edited by guilfoyleatpp
  • Love 4

I never saw their story before this season so this is an eye opener for me.   She was so bubbly and giggly going into her first meet.  It was clear that he was a personal trainer.  I would have tried to get in my best physical shape before meeting him.  I guess I should applaud her lack of body consciousness.

Then they land and within 10 minutes of getting to their room she is hanging on him and wants to bang him?  What about a shower?  And I don't care how much skyping you have done, you are still sleeping with a complete stranger.   Her family must be so proud to watch that display.  She really has no shame does she?

What was "reaper slashing gesture" horrible was her reaction when he pushed off on her hugging him when he was paying for her napkins at the market.  She went batshit there.  In a country where she knows this is not allowed or preferred, she is unable to reconcile her need to be constantly physically reassured with getting Azan questioned up by the police. 

She has zero impulse control.  Which will be the theme of her life.

This whole hugging thing was......weird.  She is so needy.  It was completely about her and her interpretation that hugging in public was showing her off?

"HOW CAN YOU SHOW ME OFF??" 

• Love 17
On 12/18/2017 at 9:33 PM, Bridget said:

Anyone else laughing at the idea of Nicole actually being a good barista?

Imagine all of the crazy ass coffee orders you've heard (or placed yourself - no judging here!) in public.

Do we really think she has the ability to spell/pronounce/label the cup correctly and understand the difference among all of the 973634 options available in most places?

She'd be lost after the second word of someone's order. I want to know what she really does for a job. 

Word to this.  Our local Starbucks is filled with workers who are also working other jobs or going to school and most of them are sharp.  The sheer volume and demanding nature of the clientele makes it a necessity.  Plus you know....tips!

• Love 9
3 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

The sad, hollow look in his eyes after she forces him to admit on camera that they had sex...he looked so genuinely unhappy I was almost able to forget he did this all to himself.

He looked better after they had sex in the desert.  He looked like he had a day of hope.  Where did it all go wrong?  LOL  Oh yeah, fat girl in the sand.  Boy that didn't last long.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Nicole looked GREAT at the tell-all. Give her hairstylist, makeup artist, and dresser a raise. I hope they gave her tips.

That was the only time I saw her hair look good. All of the other times, she and her mother's hair was greasy as heck. Geez, if you're going to be on camera, at least wash your hair!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

This whole hugging thing was......weird.  She is so needy.  It was completely about her and her interpretation that hugging in public was showing her off?

"HOW CAN YOU SHOW ME OFF??" 

It WAS very weird, considering that in Muslim countries, women aren't allowed to be shown off. Did she really want the men in the souk to leer at her? He could have explained it to her that way. Or maybe he should have offered to buy her a burka. She displayed zero insight into Moroccan culture.

Nicole seems to me like the kind of woman who would be amenable to a "feeder" situation with a man who lurves him some bigger ladies. 

• Love 7
On 18/12/2017 at 5:54 PM, gonecrackers said:

Is it a rehashing tonight? I saw something about the stories coming on this week, but thought tonight was the conclusion followed by the Tell All. I could be entirely wrong.

I'm very annoyed that they did this two nights in a row - first night 2hrs, second night 3hrs - wtf?  I haven't even made it through Sunday's craptastic-ness. They could at least give some of us a few days to catch up!

This show is expecting too much of a commitment. Now it feels like they're piling on homework for extra credit. Enough of the rehashing - we want updates with new, snarkable information.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Then they land and within 10 minutes of getting to their room she is hanging on him and wants to bang him?  What about a shower?  And I don't care how much skyping you have done, you are still sleeping with a complete stranger.   Her family must be so proud to watch that display.  She really has no shame does she?

OMG, I was so shocked at that. She flew halfway around the world to get laid?  And made it so obvious with her smug little smile at the camera.

And she's quite the bully, shoving and pushing him around. Lucky he didn't haul off and let her have it.

I will say his family seemed very nice. The brother in law was a nice looking fellow and his mom appeared to really be taken with May and even Nicole. 

• Love 6

Azan needs to do exactly what May's daddy did. Disappear. She moved to Texas to be with that guy, got pregnant and he dumped her ass. What was she then, all of 18-19 yrs. old? Nicole will go anywhere for any man. She is pathetic. 

• Love 10
14 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I would personally be devastated if my fiance, upon meeting me, said I was bigger than he imagined or was not attracted to me. I don't know how Nicole did not dump him after seeing that episode. Some men are just fine with bigger women. Azan is clearly not one of them, but I wonder if he might feel differently if Nicole wasn't so obnoxious. Personality goes a long way. Some people become more attractive to you as you get to know and love them.

Not to pry into their sex life (but Nicole did bring it up and looked pretty smug about it, sooo), but I wonder if that first time was the only time for that entire trip, at least until those tents. Azan sure did try hard from then on to stress the need for two rooms. I did also see his barely disguised repulsion and I wondered at Nicole not seeing it too, but what am I saying? She does not inhabit planet reality. He's wasting both their time, which is unforgivable. He had the PERFECT out when she stupidly admitted to cheating.

This. I have a dear friend of 40+ years who is 'big a little bit'. She's warm, caring, hilarious and would give you the shirt off her back if you needed it. She has a great job, makes good money and has taken care of herself since she was 18 and moved out of her parent's house. She's traveled all over the world (for fun, not chasing some guy) and is one of the happiest people I know. She's had a lot of boyfriends over the years because of what a wonderful person she is and is now in a committed relationship with a man who loves her for who she is, inside and  out. In other words, she's the total opposite of Nicole.

The only thing Nicole has to offer Azan is the possibility of a green card. She's a manipulative, self centered, abusive brat and even if she was thin and fit, she'd still be ugly on the inside. I hope there is no way in hell Azan would ever be approved for a visa to marry the she-beast.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

There looked like some new things, but I can't be sure because I never pay 100% attention. 

No new revelations that stuck out. 

I did notice the "I've looked into the abyss" look on Azan the first time, but it registered more this time.

Someone else said, "Azan saw Nicole in person for the first time and we watched him die inside on camera." 

They actually phrased it better than that. Shoutout to that person, whoever you are. 

I'm sorry if this has been asked 10 times here already, but do we know if Azan is still ghosting her?

• Love 3

I was flipping between this and Home Alone.  Home Alone was the clear winner in my tv time last night.

One thing I did catch was at the dinner with Nicole, Mother Nicole, Father Nicole, Step-parents Nicole and brother Nicole. When baby Huey announced that daddy will be sponsoring Azan, someone asked her are you sure he (Azan) isn't using you for the green card? Her reply was "No. Not really."

WTF? Not really?   Wouldn't any sane parent at that time say, well if you are not 200% sure he's not using you, then YOU figure it out and I am withdrawing my offer.

One more thing - if I was Robelee I would cease giving Nicole money if she runs out because of her "Western Union" habit.  If she whines: "but Mom May needs new shoes" Then mom can provide May with new shoes. No receipt so Nicole can't take them back.  If Nicole says: "Mom I need money to buy dinner".  Mom can have them over for a meal (NO TAKEOUT. Protein, veggies and limited fries).   If Nicole whines and says: "Mom. I need money for gas, coffee, etc."  Mom should reply: "Go ask Western Union boy. or take the bus. or make due without"

These people need to toughen up.  

• Love 18
15 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I would personally be devastated if my fiance, upon meeting me, said I was bigger than he imagined or was not attracted to me.

People generally avoid this potentially awkward situation by meeting their fiance before he becomes their fiance.

Some men are just fine with bigger women. Azan is clearly not one of them, but I wonder if he might feel differently if Nicole wasn't so obnoxious. Personality goes a long way. Some people become more attractive to you as you get to know and love them.

I see your point, but isn't he a personal trainer?  He's a gym rat at the very least, with beefcake photos.  So I think Nicole has an uphill climb, and she's not good at ascending, be it stairs or dunes.

He had the PERFECT out when she stupidly admitted to cheating.

I'm a late adopter, and I thought I watched all three hours (!) but it was in segments and I somehow missed the actual reveal of the cheating.  I saw mentions of it, but what did the cheating consist of, and when?  (Well, not the details of the cheating, please.  Just the circumstances.)

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

People generally avoid this potentially awkward situation by meeting their fiance before he becomes their fiance.

I see your point, but isn't he a personal trainer?  He's a gym rat at the very least, with beefcake photos.  So I think Nicole has an uphill climb, and she's not good at ascending, be it stairs or dunes.

I'm a late adopter, and I thought I watched all three hours (!) but it was in segments and I somehow missed the actual reveal of the cheating.  I saw mentions of it, but what did the cheating consist of, and when?  (Well, not the details of the cheating, please.  Just the circumstances.)

IIRC, the “cheating” consisted of going out with friends and there happened to be a guy in the group. Also,  I think she left her engagement ring off on one of those occasions. I watched  both seasons with Nicole and Azan and her description of cheating never got any more specific than that. She always left it vague and open to interpretation. She tried to imply it was something more than it was because she was hoping to make Azana jealous—which would then make her feel wanted and desired.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, PityFree said:

IIRC, the “cheating” consisted of going out with friends and there happened to be a guy in the group. Also,  I think she left her engagement ring off on one of those occasions. I watched  both seasons with Nicole and Azan and her description of cheating never got any more specific than that. She always left it vague and open to interpretation. She tried to imply it was something more than it was because she was hoping to make Azana jealous—which would then make her feel wanted and desired.

That was this time, the last time I believe she admitted to actually cheating.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, PityFree said:

There were two separate incidents of "cheating" that have been discussed on the show - the first one was during Nicole's first (!) season on 90 Days, when she went to Morocco and she and Azan discussed that she had cheated on him when they were in their online relationship but before the engagement.  From what I recall, that was actual physical cheating, if you can cheat on someone you've never actually met but have only talked to online.

The second incident is the one from this season where as you stated, she went out with some friends, left her engagement ring off, and there was a guy there.

I think Nicole enjoys the drama of it all.  She thinks she's living this amazing soap opera life with the foreign hottie fiance, and yet being pursued here in America...

• Love 12
46 minutes ago, kacesq said:

There were two separate incidents of "cheating" that have been discussed on the show - the first one was during Nicole's first (!) season on 90 Days, when she went to Morocco and she and Azan discussed that she had cheated on him when they were in their online relationship but before the engagement.  From what I recall, that was actual physical cheating, if you can cheat on someone you've never actually met but have only talked to online.

The second incident is the one from this season where as you stated, she went out with some friends, left her engagement ring off, and there was a guy there.

I think Nicole enjoys the drama of it all.  She thinks she's living this amazing soap opera life with the foreign hottie fiance, and yet being pursued here in America...

What I recall about Nicole’s description of the first incident of “cheating” was no less vague than the second.  I think both incidents were made up specifically to get Azan jealous.  If she had actually been able to get someone to have sex with her, we be hearing about Nicole’s new baby or her new restraining order, not Azan.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Azan needs to do exactly what May's daddy did. Disappear. She moved to Texas to be with that guy, got pregnant and he dumped her ass. What was she then, all of 18-19 yrs. old? Nicole will go anywhere for any man. She is pathetic. 

Last season, her mom brought up how May came to be. IIRC, Nicole had been fishing online for guys and landed a sucker in Texas. The minute she turned 18 and against her family's advice, she flew to Texas to live with him. Fast forward a few months and she was calling her mom to rescue her and get her home because the boyfriend kicked her out. I don't remember if her mother knew she was pregnant before she got home or not. It was during the conversation that we heard her mother say how Nicole had a habit of bulldozing her way into getting what she wants.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, PityFree said:

See, this is where Azan had an out and did not take it for whatever reasons.  I am against cheating in all forms (INFIDELITY!  YAY! - j/k) but to take off your ring before going out?  That is a huge Alabama Crimson Tide flag being waved in your face as that shows intent.  To get drunk and make out with someone....I would give a little leeway, especially if we were both young and stupid like Nicole.  

3 hours ago, PityFree said:

she's not good at ascending, be it stairs or dunes.

Okay, this made me laugh out loud!!!  Thank you!!

4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

You would think this would be a no brainer, no?  Did we learn nothing from Mo and Danielle?  Wait.....we didn't.  This is another gigantic big red flag as being attracted to someone is, I don't know.....a basis for being in love?

3 hours ago, PityFree said:

She tried to imply it was something more than it was because she was hoping to make Azana jealous—which would then make her feel wanted and desired.

Cause that is such healthy behavior to be engaging in!!!

19 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

SPED teacher here - I work with FAS kiddos, now I will keep my eyes peeled for this!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 3

this would be much more comical if mohamed from tunisia er danielle's ex met needy nicole.. (got to love reality tv.)

nicole is co-dependent NEEEEEDY, and abusive....her mother is also her biggest enabler.....there are bigger issues under the facade and reality tv will not solve that, nor will any future man she is hunting for regardless of where he comes from......physical/verbal abuse towards another is unhealthy, it can spiral into bigger and grave things....no living being, despite its gender should have to endure the abuse....she can only learn to take care of herself once she stops the denial, and accepts she needs psychological help....get off yer duff nicole and mama, giiit out there to better your lives and that of little child, who is absorbing all this confusion into her development years

Edited by gatorade
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, lovesnark said:

This. I have a dear friend of 40+ years who is 'big a little bit'. She's warm, caring, hilarious and would give you the shirt off her back if you needed it. She has a great job, makes good money and has taken care of herself since she was 18 and moved out of her parent's house. She's traveled all over the world (for fun, not chasing some guy) and is one of the happiest people I know. She's had a lot of boyfriends over the years because of what a wonderful person she is and is now in a committed relationship with a man who loves her for who she is, inside and  out. In other words, she's the total opposite of Nicole.

The only thing Nicole has to offer Azan is the possibility of a green card. She's a manipulative, self centered, abusive brat and even if she was thin and fit, she'd still be ugly on the inside. I hope there is no way in hell Azan would ever be approved for a visa to marry the she-beast.

Your friend sounds great. I do wonder what would have happened if Nicole:

1. Researched the culture she was visiting, and volunteered cover her hair, especially when meeting Azan's family

2. Stopped pushing for constant affection. Although methinks her pea brain knows, deep down, that Azan is repulsed by her and she's trying to stifle that knowledge

3. Wore more flattering clothes. My very traditional mother watched the episode where Nicole rolled in wearing shorts to meet Azan's family and was appalled, as I'm sure Azan's family was. Something like what she wore at the tell-all would have been nice. Also some layers in her hair wouldn't have gone amiss.

4. Tried the food Azan's aunt made her without acting like a child. Words cannot describe the secondhand embarrassment I felt on behalf of Nicole. It sounded like a specialty, and refusing it made Nicole look atrocious. Literally anyone else would have tried a few bites to appease the aunt, washing it down with generous sips of water if they didn't like it.

5. Learned a few words of greeting in the language

6. Spent at least a half hour a day walking before she went to Morocco, so she wouldn't be so close to collapse all the time

Not much she can do about Azan not being attracted to her physically, but these things might have gone a long way. At the very least, Azan wouldn't look like he wanted to jump off the nearest bridge all the time. Although I will say his leading Nicole on does not say much about him either.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Azan sure did try hard from then on to stress the need for two rooms.

Moroccans can be jailed for sex outside marriage - section 490 of their penal code.  The hotel owner/apartment owner who rents them an apartment would also face heavy fines.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Real Eyes said:

Moroccans can be jailed for sex outside marriage - section 490 of their penal code.  The hotel owner/apartment owner who rents them an apartment would also face heavy fines.

My bad, I meant to say he pushed the no affection in public rule pretty hard. Which I understand, particularly since that for all we know, the Moroccan authorities could fine them after seeing footage of the show. And in that case, he should have been WAY more discreet about them having sex that first time, although I doubt anyone could have stopped Nicole from bragging about it on-camera. He kind of broke his own rules by being so flagrant about going into the same room and shutting the windows. If I were the hotel owner I'd have been livid about it being on film like that. No wonder the police showed up.

But I also couldn't help thinking that he was grateful for these rules, that if they were in the U.S. together he would probably have had to come out and admit he wasn't attracted to her enough to show affection.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 4
On 12/18/2017 at 2:04 PM, Lily247 said:

I would have said the same thing, I pull out the phone only in dire circumstances, and I try to keep my child interactve as much as possible whether conversationally or with her surroundings/toys. I also refuse to buy a tablet. However we did see May happily playing with crayons and coloring at the restaurant, and playing with Nicole's brother. I will also guess that the reason the few times we see May on camera she is on a tablet is at the film crew's request for perhaps being too chatty/playful/attention seeking and taking away from the storyline. For all we know May might even be ahead of her peers. But we cant judge from the TV clips. 

I would bet that May isn’t ahead of her peers.  There have been plenty of kids on these type of shows but she stands out as always having that screen in her face.  In the car seat, lying on the bed, flopped on the floor, restaurants.  And you can tell that it’s second nature to her.  This wasn’t something new to keep producers happy.  

• Love 4

I've passed on the using electronics with May, feeling like it was so they could be in public & film, for the most part. But I felt sad watching May lying on the cold, hard, dirty floor. They should've insisted on a booster at the table for her for that scene, or had someone else babysit while they filmed.

3 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

My bad, I meant to say he pushed the no affection in public rule pretty hard. Which I understand, particularly since that for all we know, the Moroccan authorities could fine them after seeing footage of the show.

Although I think Azan probably just has the good sense to be ghosting Nicole, it's possible that he's not answering producers because he's in jail.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, BeachyWave said:

Although I think Azan probably just has the good sense to be ghosting Nicole, it's possible that he's not answering producers because he's in jail.

Somehow - not sure how but somehow I do believe if that was the case, we would know. (teevee producers- Azan's family- I am sure there is someone with contact info there. I can't imagine they just knock on the door when they want to film.

• Love 1

I noticed in the 3 hour episode that May woke up from her nap wearing jeans. Nothing is more uncomfortable than climbing into bed to go to sleep with JEANS ON!

I also noticed Azan's name in Nicole's phone was "Habibi".

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, PinkieT said:

I also noticed Azan's name in Nicole's phone was "Habibi".

Habibi is a term of endearment.

I belly dance and it helps to know the name of the song you like and not say "oh, play the one that says habibi a lot", it's like in every song!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

Habibi is a term of endearment.

I belly dance and it helps to know the name of the song you like and not say "oh, play the one that says habibi a lot", it's like in every song!

Yeah, it’s like the word corazón (heart) is in just about every Tejano song I’ve ever heard. Love is a universal language, so it’s hardly surprising.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 3