Type keyword(s) to search

Nicole & Azan: Supersize My Tagine

• Start Topic

On 12/14/2017 at 5:34 PM, seacliffsal said:

Many posters indicate that they would prefer that Nicole's mom raise May.  However, Nicole's mom raised Nicole and has had influence in May's life.  I would not necessarily think that Nicole's mom would be that much better for May than Nicole.  

I agree. When May was plugged in at the dinner table, she was sitting next to Nicole's mother. Nicole was probably raised in front of the television so I'm not impressed with her mother. She may be slightly smarter than Nicole due to maturity. 

• Love 3
On 12/14/2017 at 10:22 PM, magemaud said:

“...Nicole can do a lot better”?????? 

Don't forget #Aznic!

Oh my Owl/Scented Candles/Buddha Statue/Virgin Mary in the bathroom/Bible in Kensley's room  God!

I was dying with laughter when I read that portmanteau Nicole Nicole's leg humping "fans" came up with for the pair of them! 

• Love 3
On 10/16/2017 at 3:14 AM, pollywood said:

It's been a loooong time since I did anything with coding but I think it would be somewhere in the 310-320 range. 296-305 is mental illness and addictions I believe. Like I said, looooong time. Maybe 10 years.

Also, to the person who posted a photo of their tagine: heh heh, you showed us your tagine.

Unfortunately we now have ICD10.  Bit you’re in the right code range.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Mae displays every symptom of a child being raised by a low functioning adult. These kids come into the educational system soooo far behind. Then they spend the rest of their lives trying (and usually failing...sorry, folks) to overcome the odds. 

It’s devastating to know that if these children were born into a different family their lot in life may have been entirely different. Nicole’s mother would be a better choice than Nicole, but considering she raised Nicole, poor Mae is disadvantaged right out of the gate.

Considering Azan is repulsed by Nicole, I doubt she will end up pregnant with his child...so at least there’s that.

Edited by HamSammich
  • Love 8

I may   be really out of it  but I was struck that so often when we see Mae she is wearing her head phones and looking at a screen. Yes I get that often the conversation is not really appropriate for her  and that sometimes maybe it's good for her to occupy herself but to the degree that we see it, I think thiis is not a good thing. 

• Love 11

When they first sat down to eat, May didn’t have headphones and was talking in the background. I’m guessing her ‘talking’ was annoying to the crew filming, so they asked she be entertained. I’m not a fan of kids always being on screens, but don’t think we can tell that by the few minutes she is on.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, HamSammich said:

Mae displays every symptom of a child being raised by a low functioning adult. These kids come into the educational system soooo far behind. Then they spend the rest of their lives trying (and usually failing...sorry, folks) to overcome the odds. 

It’s devastating to know that if these children were born into a different family their lot in life may have been entirely different. Nicole’s mother would be a better choice than Nicole, but considering she raised Nicole, poor Mae is disadvantaged right out of the gate.

Considering Azan is repulsed by Nicole, I doubt she will end up pregnant with his child...so at least there’s that.

But she did raise other children who are absolutely normal.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

When they first sat down to eat, May didn’t have headphones and was talking in the background. I’m guessing her ‘talking’ was annoying to the crew filming, so they asked she be entertained. I’m not a fan of kids always being on screens, but don’t think we can tell that by the few minutes she is on.

My problem is they showed her quite often in her own apartment and in Morocco and there were never any toys or books in her vicinity.  No doll, stuffed animal, puzzles, books.  Just the ever present tablet. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Lemons said:

My problem is they showed her quite often in her own apartment and in Morocco and there were never any toys or books in her vicinity.  No doll, stuffed animal, puzzles, books.  Just the ever present tablet. 

They barely showed May, she had toys in the apartment and in Morocco there were stuffed animals. We actually have not seen that much of May not out in a public space.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They barely showed May, she had toys in the apartment and in Morocco there were stuffed animals. We actually have not seen that much of May not out in a public space.

I thought she had toys in the apartment but wasn’t sure about her bringing any to Morocco. I would guess Nicole didn’t think about bringing books and games to entertain her on the plane.  We saw her enough to know that the tablet was very important to her. 

3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

My answer to the film crew would have been, "no she will not be "entertained" by mindless drooling with a pacifier in front of an iPad. If you'd like to hire a babysitter of my choosing that will play with her during filming, than be my guest." But I'm the parent who didn't let the kids watch tv until I knew for sure that they knew the difference between reality and make-believe, which doesn't really happen until around age seven (if I'm remembering correctly), and then I was quite strict about what they could watch and for how long. Basically educational programming only. I don't regret it. They all grew up fine and we read a lot of books on the way. It was fun. 

3 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

But she did raise other children who are absolutely normal.

I believe in nature over nurture for this reason. We've all seen it a thousand times. Kids raised in bad conditions but turn out great, kids who have great parents and end up being assholes. 

• Love 5

As bad as Nicole is, this Azan character is worse.  He’s using an actual moron who has a toddler.  Low life.  

Nicole is awful, but he’s worse.  The weight comment is low hanging fruit.  He knew she was obese when he targeted her.  I hope she sits on him and crushes his ugly skinny ass.  Loser sack of shit.  

Nicole simply doesn’t have all her dogs barking.  

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Nowhere said:

My answer to the film crew would have been, "no she will not be "entertained" by mindless drooling with a pacifier in front of an iPad. If you'd like to hire a babysitter of my choosing that will play with her during filming, than be my guest." But I'm the parent who didn't let the kids watch tv until I knew for sure that they knew the difference between reality and make-believe, which doesn't really happen until around age seven (if I'm remembering correctly), and then I was quite strict about what they could watch and for how long. Basically educational programming only. I don't regret it. They all grew up fine and we read a lot of books on the way. It was fun. 

I believe in nature over nurture for this reason. We've all seen it a thousand times. Kids raised in bad conditions but turn out great, kids who have great parents and end up being assholes. 

I would have said the same thing, I pull out the phone only in dire circumstances, and I try to keep my child interactve as much as possible whether conversationally or with her surroundings/toys. I also refuse to buy a tablet. However we did see May happily playing with crayons and coloring at the restaurant, and playing with Nicole's brother. I will also guess that the reason the few times we see May on camera she is on a tablet is at the film crew's request for perhaps being too chatty/playful/attention seeking and taking away from the storyline. For all we know May might even be ahead of her peers. But we cant judge from the TV clips. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

As bad as Nicole is, this Azan character is worse.  He’s using an actual moron who has a toddler.  Low life.  

Nicole is awful, but he’s worse.  The weight comment is low hanging fruit.  He knew she was obese when he targeted her.  I hope she sits on him and crushes his ugly skinny ass.  Loser sack of shit.  

Nicole simply doesn’t have all her dogs barking.  

Nicole is a moron but she knows single attractive hard bodied men are not interested in obese coffee baristas with children, she knows what she is doing waving a green card at him.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, John M said:

Nicole is a moron but she knows single attractive hard bodied men are not interested in obese coffee baristas with children, she knows what she is doing waving a green card at him.

I really don’t think she has the reasoning skills to be aware of what she’s doing.  

If I were her family member I’d take this scrawny little shit for a long drive.  His ass would be back in Morrocco the next day.

but I’d rather see Nicole sit on him.  

• Love 6

Every time Nicole threatens to move to  Morocco I laugh. If  Nicole moved to Morocco, Azan would move to the next country over. He doesn’t want to be in the same place as she is unless it’s in the United States.

• Love 11

I will forever ask why Nicole thinks she loves this man who calls her lazy (ok, she is), won't get physical with her, runs out of the house to meet with friends without her, gives her the silent treatment, eagerly accepts money (which she cannot afford and should be using for her daughter) from her instead of getting a job, etc...if her self esteem is so low why wouldn't she think she is in love with the supposed one time cheating fling?  At least the fling paid attention to her. 

I doubt Nicole would actually move and if she did her parents would take her to court for custody of May.

• Love 4

Is it a rehashing tonight? I saw something about the stories coming on this week, but thought tonight was the conclusion followed by the Tell All. I could be entirely wrong.

I'm very annoyed that they did this two nights in a row - first night 2hrs, second night 3hrs - wtf?  I haven't even made it through Sunday's craptastic-ness. They could at least give some of us a few days to catch up!

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Is it a rehashing tonight? I saw something about the stories coming on this week, but thought tonight was the conclusion followed by the Tell All. I could be entirely wrong.

I'm very annoyed that they did this two nights in a row - first night 2hrs, second night 3hrs - wtf?  I haven't even made it through Sunday's craptastic-ness. They could at least give some of us a few days to catch up!

My DVR had it listed as "Nicole and Azan The Story So Far" but I went to their website and that doesn't appear to be the case.

• Love 1

I wish baby Huey would stop threatening her mom that she is going to Morocco to live.

I wish Huey's mom would stop believing her and call her on it to go sans May.

Did you notice she was saying she would miss her but not specifying who she was?

• Love 7

OMG what a bitch...roll your eyes at me girl....and I will back slap you so hard you will need glasses to see....God I hate that.  If I was her mom I would say fine move...don't let the door hit your ass on the way out...that baby is not her moms and not her responsibility. I know you love her but just let go....I am so sick and tired of this little c***.

• Love 11

Anyone else laughing at the idea of Nicole actually being a good barista?

Imagine all of the crazy ass coffee orders you've heard (or placed yourself - no judging here!) in public.

Do we really think she has the ability to spell/pronounce/label the cup correctly and understand the difference among all of the 973634 options available in most places?

She'd be lost after the second word of someone's order. I want to know what she really does for a job. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Bridget said:

Anyone else laughing at the idea of Nicole actually being a good barista?

Imagine all of the crazy ass coffee orders you've heard (or placed yourself - no judging here!) in public.

Do we really think she has the ability to spell/pronounce/label the cup correctly and understand the difference among all of the 973634 options available in most places?

She'd be lost after the second word of someone's order. I want to know what she really does for a job. 

Lives off the state.  She has no impulse control, and would beat on customers like an angry gorilla.

• Love 6

I was actually getting nervous during the Tell-All/Reunion.  I thought for sure that all of Shaun's teasing meant that Azan would finally walk out to surprise Nicole.  I cannot tell you how relieved I was that that didn't happen. 

Nicole needs to take The Hint (sledgehammer-induced) and forget the guy.  STOP sending money, stop calling.  Every time she cried that she "loves him so much,"  I yelled back at the TV, "WHY?!"  IMO, Azan never even liked her, let alone loved her.

• Love 7

That was just PATHETIC to see Nicole’s desperation to get a hold of him. Someone needs to gift her a copy of “He’s Just Not That Into You.” A poster likened her to a Pink Rhino. Like the rhino, she’s got a hide so thick that nothing permeates it. 

Though I didn’t care for the way Robalee was goading her, I could see maybe why Nicole is the “enfant terrible” she is. The more her mother goaded her to go in one direction, the more determined Nicole was to go in the other. Even though my own mother was often right about things, making your kid feel like an idiot or treating her like one or shaming her will not yield the desired result. If I felt like someone was trying to manipulate me, the more headstrong I became.

Despite all that, I still managed to get an engineering degree and finally found a worthy husband, so I’m nowhere near the fuck up that Nicole is, despite being so headstrong as a youngun. Not getting pregnant at 18 or ever that I was aware of probably helped as well. I’m not humblebragging, I'm just making the point that not every headstrong kid is going to mess up like Nicole-I very easily could have. It seems NO tactic out there will make Nicole listen to reason. All the other couples were trying to tell her that “Azan has basically showed you who he is.” I think he refused to show up on the last one as well

We all get than Internet and phone signals are not always reliable, particularly in that part of the world, but any decent guy would at least find a cyber cafe to send her an email that he’s having issues with his phone. He does not give two fucks about her.

At the bottom of this is a little girl that was pushed away from the cool kids table, bullied for her size, and misunderstood by her family. She sees how others get what they want and get their needs met without having to try at all. Child needs therapy to learn how to get her needs met without being a holy terror. Pushing, shoving, tantrums and boorish behavior will guarantee she won’t get her needs met.

• Love 9

Robbalee should not interfere when Nicole threatens to move to Morocco.  No way will she stay there long term.  Same with Nicole's father.

I don't think Azan is dangerous, and his family was good to May.  I would give Nicole six months, tops, there, before she came back.  Technically, she could marry Azan, and he would be able to move to the US, but I don't think he would marry her.  

I'm not so concerned about her sending him money, I assume she's sending him some of the TLC cash, and really, he should get half of that.

• Love 1

Was it me, or was Robbalee acting like Azan, not Nicole, was the one being abusive??  Like she's so worried that things could get worse for Nicole?  Because, no ma'am, Azan is not the aggressor in that relationship. 

Edited by NinaH
  • Love 14

Also, Robbalee needs to just give baby Huey a smug, knowing look any and every time Nicole threatens to haul ass to Morocco. As in, "by all means, go for it, but please explain to me how you are going to afford a roof over your head, childcare, and a work visa, all without Azan and fam?"  Because after seeing this show, no one believes he will marry her and so she won't be provided what she has here by his family. Doubt she can get public assistance there. Baby Huey may be hard to wrangle but no one should cower to her threats to leave.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, NinaH said:

Doubt she can get public assistance there.

Best she'd get is a room at Auntie Azan's house . . . and you know she won't let them sleep together, so what would Nicole gain?  She's doing what Dr. Phil calls "right fighting."  She just wants to be right . . . and she never will be as long as she's headed down this path.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

So Shaun isn’t going to address Nicole’s abuse of Azan? Ace reporting there Shaun.

There is that.  I also am SOOO tired of people giving in to what Nicole will and will not allow discussed.  Every dollar she sends to Azan she takes away from May and damn it, I want to know how much she sends!  Mom Nicole should have not cow towed to Nicole's demand that they not discuss it.  Neither should have Shaun who is really an awful mediator.  I see one of the issues being Nicole has tantrumed so much and knows what strings to pull with family that she gets her way and they keep letting her!  They buy her silence by always giving in and she knows it.  They need to stand up to her or they will be supporting her dumbass (and all future kids she has) the rest of her life and raising May's kid she has as a tween.  I was APPALLED at her answers to the questions of how on her min wage job she was going to support a family of 3 which was basically I am not worried about it.  I really hope there were agents last night watching that has a permanent denial check right next to Nicole's name for any man she plans on 'sponsoring'.  

9 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

That was just PATHETIC to see Nicole’s desperation to get a hold of him. Someone needs to gift her a copy of “He’s Just Not That Into You.” A poster likened her to a Pink Rhino. Like the rhino, she’s got a hide so thick that nothing permeates it. 

Though I didn’t care for the way Robalee was goading her, I could see maybe why Nicole is the “enfant terrible” she is. The more her mother goaded her to go in one direction, the more determined Nicole was to go in the other. Even though my own mother was often right about things, making your kid feel like an idiot or treating her like one or shaming her will not yield the desired result. If I felt like someone was trying to manipulate me, the more headstrong I became.

Despite all that, I still managed to get an engineering degree and finally found a worthy husband, so I’m nowhere near the fuck up that Nicole is, despite being so headstrong as a youngun. Not getting pregnant at 18 or ever that I was aware of probably helped as well. I’m not humblebragging, I'm just making the point that not every headstrong kid is going to mess up like Nicole-I very easily could have. It seems NO tactic out there will make Nicole listen to reason. All the other couples were trying to tell her that “Azan has basically showed you who he is.” I think he refused to show up on the last one as well

We all get than Internet and phone signals are not always reliable, particularly in that part of the world, but any decent guy would at least find a cyber cafe to send her an email that he’s having issues with his phone. He does not give two fucks about her.

At the bottom of this is a little girl that was pushed away from the cool kids table, bullied for her size, and misunderstood by her family. She sees how others get what they want and get their needs met without having to try at all. Child needs therapy to learn how to get her needs met without being a holy terror. Pushing, shoving, tantrums and boorish behavior will guarantee she won’t get her needs met.

It was the same story last reunion wasn't it?  I seem to recall he wasn't available by phone.  I might be making that up but it SEEMED familiar.

• Love 6

I didn't mind the way Robbalee was with Nicole, because I think she's really desperate to have Nicole see the truth. Sometimes people can only see harsh reality through others, so she was trying to get a reaction from other people in hopes of reaching Nicole.

Nicole is a defiant toddler, not at all having the capability to handle her own life, never mind make decisions for May. She's being fed money, probably lying about where it's going, most likely not spending it on her young child, but sending it to a stranger in another country who she is desperate to forge a very toxic relationship with, while bringing her daughter into the mix.

I'm sure they are very torn about either continuing to enable Nicole, or just let her go- & that includes 'Daddy Who Will Sponsor Azan'.   Maybe if May was not a factor, they would be better able to let Nicole act out & suffer the consequences.

But of course the big whiney toddler will hang their granddaughter over their heads - dangling her like a piece of meat - "Don't give me money, don't help me, don't sponsor my latest boy toy, & I take her away from you - muahahahaha suckers!!", & that means to whatever comes after Azan, & after that...

That poor kid is just a pawn in Nicole's selfish, self-centered game of getting what she wants.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I didn't mind the way Robbalee was with Nicole, because I think she's really desperate to have Nicole see the truth. Sometimes people can only see harsh reality through others, so she was trying to get a reaction from other people in hopes of reaching Nicole.

Nicole is a defiant toddler, not at all having the capability to handle her own life, never mind make decisions for May. She's being fed money, probably lying about where it's going, most likely not spending it on her young child, but sending it to a stranger in another country who she is desperate to forge a very toxic relationship with, while bringing her daughter into the mix.

I'm sure they are very torn about either continuing to enable Nicole, or just let her go- & that includes 'Daddy Who Will Sponsor Azan'.   Maybe if May was not a factor, they would be better able to let Nicole act out & suffer the consequences.

But of course the big whiney toddler will hang their granddaughter over their heads - dangling her like a piece of meat - "Don't give me money, don't help me, don't sponsor my latest boy toy, & I take her away from you - muahahahaha suckers!!", & that means to whatever comes after Azan, & after that...

That poor kid is just a pawn in Nicole's selfish, self-centered game of getting what she wants.

I just hope Nicole is on some kind of birth control like an implant or depo shot, something that can give me peace of mind of whether or not she'll have to remember to take a pill. 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, NinaH said:

I just hope Nicole is on some kind of birth control like an implant or depo shot, something that can give me peace of mind of whether or not she'll have to remember to take a pill. 

This would definitely be tax dollars well spent in ensuring sex education and availability of affordable low cost birth control.  Nicole is the poster child for what happens to young girls with no self esteem or impulse control, and she, her child, her family and society continue to pay the price of her being stuck in a permanent underclass. She’s 22 years old, and though college isn’t for everyone, she could have learned a trade.  Her lack of any sort of curiosity, her inability to plan beyond the moment, and possibly understand cause-effect / consequences might mean sex education and birth control information won’t stick. 

Depo was $50 out of pocket with myACA employer plan and you had to pick it up Rx at the pharmacy, and then book an appt with a nurse for an injection. It shut down my heavy bleeding, but that was a lot of rigmarole to go thru for that when one works full time. It might be that difficult by design to make sure people plan ahead. Both politics and logistics have made most aspects of getting usable, affordable, and reliable birth control an obstacle for women. It may be different at clinics, or in other states, but that how it rolls in Texas, which is unfortunately not a champion of women’s reproductive rights. 

Nicole can’t manage or properly parent the one child she does have. May is a beautiful child and deserves the proper nurturing and structure and stimulation to flourish. My fear is that she will impulsively try to get pregnant again to trap a guy. She needs to stop whingeing about what she wants long enough to realize her habits don’t help her.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

This would definitely be tax dollars well spent in ensuring sex education and availability of affordable low cost birth control.  Nicole is the poster child for what happens to young girls with no self esteem or impulse control, and she, her child, her family and society continue to pay the price of her being stuck in a permanent underclass. She’s 22 years old, and though college isn’t for everyone, she could have learned a trade.  Her lack of any sort of curiosity, her inability to plan beyond the moment, and possibly understand cause-effect / consequences might mean sex education and birth control information won’t stick. 

Depo was $50 out of pocket with myACA employer plan and you had to pick it up Rx at the pharmacy, and then book an appt with a nurse for an injection. It shut down my heavy bleeding, but that was a lot of rigmarole to go thru for that when one works full time. It might be that difficult by design to make sure people plan ahead. Both politics and logistics have made most aspects of getting usable, affordable, and reliable birth control an obstacle for women. It may be different at clinics, or in other states, but that how it rolls in Texas, which is unfortunately not a champion of women’s reproductive rights. 

Nicole can’t manage or properly parent the one child she does have. May is a beautiful child and deserves the proper nurturing and structure and stimulation to flourish. My fear is that she will impulsively try to get pregnant again to trap a guy. She needs to stop whingeing about what she wants long enough to realize her habits don’t help her.

Amen to everything you said, esp your last paragraph. If I had a daughter like Nicole, as much of a pain in the ass as it would be, I'd gladly pay whatever I had to pay and see to it that she got her depo shots.  No excuses about not being able to get there, afford it or scheduling conflict. At the clinic where I work, when you get your injection, you set up the next appt. when you're checking out.  

I hope May has a strong constitution and self discipline to overcome having Nicole for a mother. She's gonna need it. 

• Love 4