Type keyword(s) to search

Nicole & Azan: Supersize My Tagine

• Start Topic

On 11/17/2017 at 1:28 PM, spankydoll said:

Remember that the US "stars" make a minimum of $1K per episode and the foreign folks aren't paid at all. I think that it may benefit the show if Azan is available for more scenes of Nicole eating and disregarding his culture. LOL

He’s half of the train wreck so he absolutely deserves some of the money. The producers owe him big time. They are ratings gold

• Love 5
12 hours ago, CofCinci said:

He could have been fired for dating an American/Caucasian/non-Muslim too. 

Nicole might earn more now since it’s her second season. 

He was working in tourists restaurants in a liberal town that is extremely unlikely.

• Love 1

Good God Almighty!, She makes more than 2 of him.  He’s doing all he can to be as much of a gentleman as he can, but he’s out of patience. She overwhelms him just by sheer size, puffed up with sublimated reptilian aggression, like a pissed off frilled lizard.  

She’s emotionally stunted at her reptilian brain. This is as highly evolved as she’s going to be until she gets some therapy.  Her mom describes her as a bulldozer who won’t stop until she gets what she wants. If only she could use that drive for good, like get a decent education and take better care of herself. 

I was screaming at the TV, go home, Nicole.  Get yourself and May on the next plane out of there.  He’s not being nice to her, but she’s treating him very badly. It’s a Miss Piggy-Kermit dynamic, comical on The Muppet Show, but sick and sad in real life. If a man was doing what she’s doing to Azan, we would be demanding he be arrested. Anfisa was caught on tape slapping Jorge, but the pitchforks weren’t out for her with the same fervor there would have been if he’d manhandled her in any way.

I laughed my ass off and tip my hat to the poster who said that stairs are her kryptonite.  All Azan really has to do is run or climb stairs to get away from Baby Huey.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20

Nicole is out of her mind, but Azan knows what he's got with her & continues on with this mess.

I really felt sorry for May. The girl was trying to distract her by doing her nails but was watching Nicole stomp around & she seemed scared. 

Maybe the grandmother could petition for guardianship after viewing this.  Nicole is not safe to be set loose in any society, never mind be raising a child.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 6

I was appalled at how she just left May there to chase after Azan. Even though she was with one of Azan’s nieces or cousins, I had to wonder if she would have left little May unattended to chase after Lawrence of Arabia.of Morocco. 

OMG, she’s a dead ringer for Little Lotta.  However,  in 1955, a child like Little Lotta would have been the exception, rather than the rule. She would have had a glandular disorder or would have likely shed her baby fat by puberty and a growth spurt. Junk food wasn’t readily available then like it is now, and fast food/ restaurant food was a special treat,  not an everyday occurrence.

• Love 5

Is it wrong that I find Azan attractive?

I have no sympathy for the blond behemoth, but my heart goes out to the precious little girl caught up in her shit storm. Azan's niece painting Mae's nails was a cute scene....those poor kids being exposed to Nicole's squealing and squawking. 

• Love 7

No tagine is big enough to contain the contempt Azan has for Nicole. 

I can only imagine how his family can’t wait to be rid of the whingeing hippopotamus that has been eating them out of house and home. Nicole has singlehandedly tested the limits of the gracious hospitality that Middle Easterners and  North Africans are world renowned for.

May was probably pure pleasure for them, but due to her mother’s lack of parenting and structure and laziness, Family Azan were stuck regularly making sandwiches in the middle of the night to quiet a crying child. Nicole was the embodiment of The Guest from Hell. 

• Love 12
On 11/19/2017 at 8:29 AM, Bubbles1967 said:

He’s half of the train wreck so he absolutely deserves some of the money. The producers owe him big time. They are ratings gold

People keep saying this. 

Azan is still in his own country so he makes half the money. His money does not go through Nicole.

On 11/28/2017 at 4:05 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Good God Almighty!, She makes more than 2 of him.  He’s doing all he can to be as much of a gentleman as he can, but he’s out of patience. She overwhelms him just by sheer size, puffed up with sublimated reptilian aggression, like a pissed off frilled lizard.  

She’s emotionally stunted at her reptilian brain. This is as highly evolved as she’s going to be until she gets some therapy.  Her mom describes her as a bulldozer who won’t stop until she gets what she wants. If only she could use that drive for good, like get a decent education and take better care of herself. 

"Puffed up with sublimated reptilian aggression...."  Brilliant! And so true!

This whole thing is so accurate!

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

People keep saying this. 

Azan is still in his own country so he makes half the money. His money does not go through Nicole.

Very early on people were posting that only the Americans were being paid for their part on the show. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Very early on people were posting that only the Americans were being paid for their part on the show. 

That's because in the beginning, the foreigners were living in the U.S. and they didn't have work visas. TLC had no choice but to pay the Americans.

However, Azan is fully capable of cashing a check from the United States, as is evidenced by his continuing to do so with Nicole's Starbucks/Lularoe earnings.

There would be no reason for TLC to simply refuse to pay Azan his own money as though he were not a fully functioning adult.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

That's because in the beginning, the foreigners were living in the U.S.

I'm bothered by the fact that Nicole and Azan are on the mothership show (again!) when they should really be on Before the 90 Days.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I'm bothered by the fact that Nicole and Azan are on the mothership show (again!) when they should really be on Before the 90 Days.

That show started after Nicole and Azan season debut.  Maybe that’s why we’ve got that show now.  They were purported to already be engaged and the deal was for Nicole to fulfill the requirement to spend time abroad.  I guess to keep them on this show was that she got a sponsor for him. From the looks of this season, it looks like they are toast.  

Wishful thinking.  I don’t think I could sit through another season of this Ugly American Abroad manhandling and pawing all over someone barely half her size. Azan isn’t nice to her, and is clearly repulsed by her. It’s not so much her weight or size that bothers him as much as it is her laziness, rudeness, and not giving a damn about her health. Who in their right mind comes to a wonderful country like Morocco, gets to live rent free for 6 weeks, and sleeps all day and plays video games, instead of exploring it and enjoying their fabulous cuisine?

Nicole, child, you do NOT want Type 2 diabetes.  You’re whiny now, but welcome to the world of glucose monitoring and sticking yourself several times a dayYour mom had a stroke already as a very young woman. Being in the doctor’s office and ER are NOT the attention you want.  We all know how much you love attention and need validation, but right now, you’re getting attention for all the wrong reasons. 

• Love 4

Whenever I see Nicole huffing and puffing with ANY exertion, then stuffing her mouth full of unhealthy stuff, I worry about the practical stuff.  Heaven forbid - if Nicole keels over dead, how is May going to get back home?  I assume TLC would transport her.  

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Whenever I see Nicole huffing and puffing with ANY exertion, then stuffing her mouth full of unhealthy stuff, I worry about the practical stuff.  Heaven forbid - if Nicole keels over dead, how is May going to get back home?  I assume TLC would transport her.  

I would imagine a relative, probably Nicole's mother, would fly there to bring her, and Nicole's remains, home.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Great question. No one seems to give a damn about that child.  Nicole is an idiot and a horrible mother, but TLC should no be filming and airing this crap to make loads of money. TLC should say, No, we are not going to condone a mother dragging her baby half way around the world,  ignoring  her baby and leaving her in the care of strangers who do not speak her language, encouraging the baby to call a total stranger "daddy", and on and on.  Nicole is a bad mom, but TLC is worse for filming and making money off the abuse and neglect of this child. 

In fairness, I'm watching and commenting on this junk so I'm no better than TLC except I don't make any money off the show. 

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 8
On 11/13/2017 at 5:47 PM, PityFree said:

Lots of people keep saying that Nicole lives in subsidized housing. I don’t think so at all. There are basic things subsidized housing has to have legally (per my memory working for a low income/Section 8 housing organization after college) including a kitchen/kitchen facilities and enough bedrooms. I believe that she and Mae currently occupy a re-purposed Tuff Shed/workshop/guest house in Mother Nicole’s backyard.

It looked to be as if she was living in a motel that had been converted into inexpensive or subsidized housing for unwed mothers or something. We put my step daughter in a place similar to that when she was 17 & coming out of rehab. 

• Love 1

The double standard of the physical abuse is appalling. If Azan had done that to her, the producers would have jumped in to protect the victim, and we would have a very special PSA with a domestic violence hotline ! This should have been done for Azan. Domestic violence goes both ways. This sucked. She is an abuser and I found this ep disturbing. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 18

Are you sure they would've jumped in to help?  I think these producers could watch participants be trapped in a burning building & keep rolling, keeping the camera steady while, maybe, slowly, calling 9-1-1...

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4

The producers aren't allowed to really do anything, unless someone's life is in immediate danger like they're going to drive drunk or something. They can't interfere. They will lose their jobs and would probably have trouble getting another. They get paid too, but they're not heartless. There's no reason to blaim the production team for not putting their livelihoods on the line. If someone pulled out a knife or something, they could step in. They don't do anything on shows like Cops either.

• Love 3

I wouldn't call it abuse exactly?  Azan is a big boy and he can handle himself.  If he really wants to be alone then all he has to do is to find a small Nicole-proof hill.  I can't really deal with Nicole so I fastforward thru her nonsense anyway.  I did see some camel riding involved at some point.  I take it that they never tried to make one give little blondie a ride atleast?  I think if an American reality show killed a camel then I would've heard about it.

My God???  I just googled it.  The beast carried Nicole and didn't collapse in a heap!!  I had no idea they were that tough!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, StitchPunk said:

The producers aren't allowed to really do anything, unless someone's life is in immediate danger like they're going to drive drunk or something. They can't interfere. They will lose their jobs and would probably have trouble getting another. They get paid too, but they're not heartless. There's no reason to blaim the production team for not putting their livelihoods on the line. If someone pulled out a knife or something, they could step in.

I guess that would explain why the crew stood around and filmed the machete mugger stealing Karine's cell phone? 

1 hour ago, Gigglepuff said:

Is anyone else here familiar with Mr. Blobby? If so, is it just me or is there a likeness?

I didn't know who that was, so I looked at pictures, but I think Mr. Blobby looks a lot more animated and engaging than Nicole. I'm still going with Little Lotta, except that LL was very kind and helpful. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3

That could have easily been a reenactment or just a lie. This weird stereotype that everyone in the film industry is some heartless monster needs to stop. Every other occupation makes money for their job, but people don't shame most for wanting to actually keep theirs.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, StitchPunk said:

The producers aren't allowed to really do anything, unless someone's life is in immediate danger like they're going to drive drunk or something. They can't interfere. They will lose their jobs and would probably have trouble getting another. They get paid too, but they're not heartless. There's no reason to blaim the production team for not putting their livelihoods on the line. If someone pulled out a knife or something, they could step in. They don't do anything on shows like Cops either.

Unfortunately, we've seen other reality shows in which people were driving intoxicated (and falling asleep behind the wheel), physically threatening producers, neglecting children, and physically assaulting (as in punching) their partners and the filming has just continued on as normal. (Most of those examples are from TEEN MOM.) I agree that we can't lump all entertainment people into one lump and stereotype them but it feels like a whole lot of shit goes down on reality television that remains unchecked. 

• Love 6

Would you sign a petition to TLC to have Nicole's contract voided and have her removed from the show... based on the DV in last week's episode? There is one but I just want to hear opinions on why or why not. It's not mine. I just read it.

• Love 4

Oh, this is just reality gold.  Do I feel for Azin?  Yes, BUT, he can get out if he wants to- he is just going along with the show.  She truly is a monster, like Toaster Strudel said.  God, I do feel for that little girl.  She is a horrid mom and a horrid fiancé.  Run, Azin, run.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Tress said:

Run, Azin, run.

Indeed. I rather like Azan! But if he is gay, I would assume there are similar international dating sites for those who play for his team. So if he's making enough off TLC to justify the BS he's enduring, that might go a ways to a long-term life plan that could include both the US and Morocco. He's clearly smart and could quickly ignite a new life in America. I'm from NC, and there are a ton of Moroccans in our area as it's cheap to live there and quality of life is great (RDU area...many top universities and medical centers, plus high tech). He could start out as a trainer (lots of demand from the corp employees around) and then attend school and move up. I'm assuming he's quietly on those dating sites for gay men.

• Love 1

Sure, he could possibly do all that. But it's not ok to continue the charade with Nicole, if she thinks this marriage is real. She is unstable with a very young child. Fine for him to pursue those goals with a partner with is on board with his agenda. What he is doing now is completely despicable.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Sure, he could possibly do all that. But it's not ok to continue the charade with Nicole, if she thinks this marriage is real. She is unstable with a very young child. Fine for him to pursue those goals with a partner with is on board with his agenda. What he is doing now is completely despicable.

It didn’t stop Mahammit from doing that to Danielle.  He went full speed ahead with his plans, knowing full well he was marrying a needy, unstable woman with kids.  

Both Mo and Azan pinged my gaydar, and  each would have certainly suffered persecution in their home countries for being openly gay.  If being gay is who they are, I could definitely understand why they would want to get out of Dodge by any means necessary.  Dani would have been okay with Mohamed being gay, had he come out and offered to reimburse her and been decent enough to work.  He could  have certainly bought her silence on the matter. I don’t see Baby Huey being anywhere near as tolerant. 

Even though marriage equality is the law of the land, immigration here is probably slow to catch up. They don’t recognize de facto or common law marriages, either. That may be because they are only legal in a handful of states and Puerto Rico. The point I’m trying to make  is that immigration law is extremely complicated and different with respect to rules and procedures and hoops to jump through; and that it doesn’t affect most people, except those emigrating or those bringing someone here. That said, I wonder when 90DF will do a story on a same sex couple.  

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Tress said:

She truly is a monster, like Toaster Strudel said.  

Another "Presented Without Context" gem.  Someday, when talking about this show with another person, face to face, I'm going to let something like that slip.  "Well no, BOTH Toaster Strudel and Desert Rat SAID....."  and then it will be confirmed I'm just as nutso as I fear my close friends will find me when they realize I watch this show as closely as I do. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

But it's not ok to continue the charade with Nicole, if she thinks this marriage is real.

Stupid is as stupid does. She's an adult who signed up for this, it's obvious even to a camel he's not interested, and fortunately, his relatives seem to be coddling and caring for Mae while she's there. Nicole will only be alone with the kid while on the plane -- with other adults around -- and on the other end, grandma will be a safe landing.

• Love 4

She truly is a monster, like Toaster Strudel said.  - my quote

ALittleShelfish quote "Another "Presented Without Context" gem.  Someday, when talking about this show with another person, face to face, I'm going to let something like that slip.  "Well no, BOTH Toaster Strudel and Desert Rat SAID....."  and then it will be confirmed I'm just as nutso as I fear my close friends will find me when they realize I watch this show as closely as I do."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ALittleShelfish

'Not sure where you're headed with this, BUT - you want context???  What about the way she treats everyone - her family, her kid, Azan - wtf else is there?  He got fired from his job because of her?   She takes her kid across the world to dump her onto people she doesn't know?  She "cheats on him"?  WTF do you need?   Monstrous?  Yeah, and, btw, maybe you are nutso.

4 hours ago, BeachyWave said:

Stupid is as stupid does. She's an adult who signed up for this, it's obvious even to a camel he's not interested, and fortunately, his relatives seem to be coddling and caring for Mae while she's there. Nicole will only be alone with the kid while on the plane -- with other adults around -- and on the other end, grandma will be a safe landing.

A truly ethical/moral person would bow out, period.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Tress said:

ALittleShelfish quote "Another "Presented Without Context" gem.  Someday, when talking about this show with another person, face to face, I'm going to let something like that slip.  "Well no, BOTH Toaster Strudel and Desert Rat SAID....."  and then it will be confirmed I'm just as nutso as I fear my close friends will find me when they realize I watch this show as closely as I do."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ALittleShelfish

'Not sure where you're headed with this, BUT - you want context???  What about the way she treats everyone - her family, her kid, Azan - wtf else is there?  He got fired from his job because of her?   She takes her kid across the world to dump her onto people she doesn't know?  She "cheats on him"?  WTF do you need?   Monstrous?  Yeah, and, btw, maybe you are nutso.

Wow no.  LOL.  I am pretty up to date on how Nicole treats people, I was just referring to some of the fun quotes we have here, that, if presented without context, could be taken as a little silly or crazy.  I was in no way saying that you were taking something without context, so maybe put the weapons down for a minute.  No need to get all angry and yelly with me :) 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Tress said:

ALittleShelfish

I think @ALittleShelfish was referring to the quotes on this board which, when taken out of context to a non-member, would sound crazy. I don't think she/he was actually referring to Nicole...

• Love 5

Azan is a genius. He must have seen Mohammad use Ramadan as an excuse to avoid physical contact with his new wife. Ramadan is defined by the calendar while Azan's "distress" about Nicole cheating could drag on to infinity. I do hope that he doesn't proceed with the marriage as Nicole is an abusive psycho with 109 pounds on him 

• Love 5
On 12/2/2017 at 0:06 PM, ethalfrida said:

Would you sign a petition to TLC to have Nicole's contract voided and have her removed from the show... based on the DV in last week's episode? There is one but I just want to hear opinions on why or why not. It's not mine. I just read it.

That is an interesting question. I would not sign a petition I just don’t feel strongly enough to act on my feelings, I do feel that it was for sure DV. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Azan is a genius. He must have seen Mohammad use Ramadan as an excuse to avoid physical contact with his new wife. Ramadan is defined by the calendar while Azan's "distress" about Nicole cheating could drag on to infinity. I do hope that he doesn't proceed with the marriage as Nicole is an abusive psycho with 109 pounds on him 

All she’d have to do was sit on him and squash him, or he would simply let her be on top.  Ewwwwwwww, I’m going to have to pop into the Duggar forum to ask if I can borrow some of the brain bleach that they keep stored in the Prayer Closet. BRB.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:50 PM, ALittleShelfish said:

Wow no.  LOL.  I am pretty up to date on how Nicole treats people, I was just referring to some of the fun quotes we have here, that, if presented without context, could be taken as a little silly or crazy.  I was in no way saying that you were taking something without context, so maybe put the weapons down for a minute.  No need to get all angry and yelly with me :) 

I do apologize if I was "angry and yelly with" you.   I mean if you are quoting "Tress"  it could be funny IRL.

• Love 3