Type keyword(s) to search

Molly & Luis: My Baby Does the Sanky Panky

• Start Topic

On 12/12/2017 at 3:13 PM, TwirlyGirly said:

Before I met my husband, I had spent considerable time vacationing in Puerto Rico. At one point, my friend and I rented a car, and a guy we had met took us on a little tour outside of San Juan. We drove up the road leading to El Yunque. Along that road, there were "lookouts" where you could pull your car over and get out.. At almost every one of these spots, there were remains of a fire, surrounded by the charred remains of....something (we did not get out of the car to get a closer look). Our "guide" explained these were popular spots for people involved in Santeria to come and do their rituals. I didn't know until years later (during the time my SIL lived with us and I did some serious research) animal sacrifices are a part of Santeria. I am really glad I stayed in the car.

There are plenty of good reasons not to get out of your car around El Yunque, particularly after dark, just basically common sense and safety reasons, mostly. The road is very narrow and twisty in broad daylight.

My in laws have said there are plenty of urban legends about UFOs and alien abductions going on, and there have been stories about The Men in Black going back decades. The SETI institute has a radio telescope in Arecibo, which I’m sure feeds a lot of these rumors and legends, too.  Never heard of it being a Santeria hangout, but that wouldn’t surprise me, as the vegetation is very thick and could hide a multitude of clandestine activities.

• Love 2

Have to admit,  I originally thought Luis said  something about all of the "owls and condors".   She has a lot of stuff in her house. I thought maybe I just missed them. Birds with 10 foot wingspans flying around her living room.  I think maybe I need a break more than he does.  

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Have to admit,  I originally thought Luis said  something about all of the "owls and condors".   She has a lot of stuff in her house. I thought maybe I just missed them. Birds with 10 foot wingspans flying around her living room.  I think maybe I need a break more than he does.  

El Condor Pasa

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Oh my goodness!  I'm Peruvian and that song is a staple!  Birds on the brain, maybe.  Thanks so much for the smile, Arwen...  

You’re welcome.  Simon and Garfunkel did a version of it in 1970, which brought it to national attention.  I’m not sure if their lyrics are a translation of the original song. I enjoy Andean flute music..it’s so relaxing yet has a primal element to it.

I got turned on to it seeing a performance in the French Quarter and Fusion Andina performed at the San Antonio Riverwalk in the early 2000s. They used to sell their CDs for $10. 

• Love 2

I'm not American so I have no clue about divorce in the US. can anyone tell me if Luis and Molly stay married for a few years or even 5, what will Luis get in a divorce? let's say they don't have a pre-nup and he stays at home. will she be on the hook for alimony?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, meandyouzz said:

I'm not American so I have no clue about divorce in the US. can anyone tell me if Luis and Molly stay married for a few years or even 5, what will Luis get in a divorce? let's say they don't have a pre-nup and he stays at home. will she be on the hook for alimony?

I am wondering if he will be unable to leave the US without his green card. Does Luis have to surrender his passport until the green card process is complete?  

• Useful 1

It's even more upsetting to me if Molly's daughter is special needs and Molly still just dumps her on Luis.  Why would Molly think that in any way, shape, or form that a 24 year-old bartender would have any idea how to interact with any child let alone a special needs child?  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

It's even more upsetting to me if Molly's daughter is special needs and Molly still just dumps her on Luis.  Why would Molly think that in any way, shape, or form that a 24 year-old bartender would have any idea how to interact with any child let alone a special needs child?  

For Molly’s sake, I really do hope that Luis REALLY is “all in” on being a stepdad, and is respectful and helpful, and all this drama is really manufactured as fodder for our amusement and because TLC knows that us and other snark forums are going to spend hours full of our schadenfreude about how we’re so much better at adulting and relationships. 

Luis complaining about everything, really? I would imagine the food isn’t what he’s used to, and the thing about the barber is real.  There’s a barbershop in Houston catering to Caribbean men and is very popular with Dominicans, Cubans, and Puerto Ricans.  Some of the Astros go there and many men come in asking for their hair and facial hair styles.  A lot of Cuban men want the same do as Dodgers slugger Yasiel Puig. Luis would definitely get his hair cut how he wants there. It really is a thing, and now I saw our local news segment I get it.

https://www.facebook.com/caribbeanbarbershop2013/

Atlanta is a huge city and an international gateway.  If Luis wanted beachy scenes, Savannah is a gorgeous town I’m told.  There’s 3 Dominican restaurants that come up in a Google of the Atlanta metro area. I call shenanigans on how Luis is just living in a vacuum, completely cut off from All Things DR. Being stuck in the house all day with Brother Molly probably doesn’t help, but Extra Value Cletus could always take him to one of those places if Molly is busy.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

If Luis wanted beachy scenes, Savannah is a gorgeous town I’m told.  

We have a beach house on St Simons Island, just 3 hours away. It and next door Jekyll Island have gorgeous beaches, lots of history, and beautiful scenery. Savannah, on up the road, doesn't have a beach (you have to go to Tybee Island) but it is a gorgeous place, very European. 

• Love 3

Molly has a post on her Facebook page in response to some nasty comments about Kinsley's looks. Molly said that the child has chromosome damage of some sort that has had some effects on Kinsley. I don't think that a semi retired bartender is the perfect caregiver for a special needs child but that's just me! 

• Love 11

I wasn't quite sure what was up with Luis, to be honest. I didn't get the molester vibe from him and the convo with Molly's teenager seemed like it could have been a cultural/class thing...although his reaction to Molly telling him it was fucked up after was off, for sure. Maybe, I thought, producer driven. He's a bad actor, they told him to do it again and he thought it was funny.

Now that the gaslighting has been brought up with that weird, random fight, I see it! Everything he's done so far shows his contempt for Molly and her kids and her life. And his repeated exclamation of his NEED for strip club fun and how he hadn't had ANY fun since he got to America fits in with him perfectly being an entitled, macho, manipulative asshole.

The mask has slipped. It lasted for a while, but he's too tired and bored to keep it in place.  Lord or buddha or owls help Molly and the girls. 

• Love 15
13 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Molly has a post on her Facebook page in response to some nasty comments about Kinsley's looks. Molly said that the child has chromosome damage of some sort that has had some effects on Kinsley. I don't think that a semi retired bartender is the perfect caregiver for a special needs child but that's just me! 

Like others here, I see blame on both sides. Molly in no way should have brought a stranger into her children's home/lives and expected there to be an instant relationship. For that matter, she never should have moved him in right away if there was any way to rent him a cheap studio. IF Kensley has any special needs (chromosomal damage may or may not result in any cognitive and/or behavioral deficits), Molly should have made damn sure Luis was aware of them before he got here.

Luis is a douche if he bullied Kensley and she has any special needs--I see his behavior more as bullying.  Anyone who becomes involved with a person who has children on more than a casual level should also understand that the kids are part of the deal, imo.

As a member of the household who is not working (and Molly is, I presume, paying for everything), Luis should be contributing in some way (although I agree that full-time childcare should not be the means). I don't see it as being a "houseboy" if he is expected to do some chores while Molly is working. 

I heard Molly say that they were getting one of Luis' brothers a tourist visa from the DR to attend the wedding. Did Molly pay for that as well? In addition, why didn't she do that for Luis before filing the K1 application to see how he would fit in with her children?

FWIW I would never do what Molly has done in the first place--import and marry someone with whom I had a vacation fling.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Adiba said:

FWIW I would never do what Molly has done in the first place--import and marry someone with whom I had a vacation fling.

It seemed to work out fine for Melanie and Devar, and Chantel and Pedro, despite a few bumps.  But, it’s a huge risk because the Sanky is a very real thing. At least We didn’t have to suffer the storyline of how much money Luis sends back. Since he has an older brother, that probably fell to him. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It seemed to work out fine for Melanie and Devar, and Chantel and Pedro, despite a few bumps.  But, it’s a huge risk because the Sanky is a very real thing. At least We didn’t have to suffer the storyline of how much money Luis sends back. Since he has an older brother, that probably fell to him. 

Yeah, if it works out for someone, fine. I'm not that much of a risk-taker. I have a feeling there will be quite a few bumps for Molly and Luis.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Adiba said:

Yeah, if it works out for someone, fine. I'm not that much of a risk-taker. I have a feeling there will be quite a few bumps for Molly and Luis.

I wouldn’t do it, either. I’m looking towards retirement, not raising a man child and having to give him half my shit if things don't work out.  Thank goodness I’m already married, as I wouldn’t want to even attempt to try to find a suitable mate were I not.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
typos. Need new glasses.
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

From the tell-all preview reel on the TLC website, it looks as if Luis is not present. Olivia is there.

I think that might be intentional to generate interest

• Love 4

In setting up my DVR for the week I learned the outcome. I know spoilers are allowed here but I'm still using tags just in case...

Spoiler

It looks like whoever speculated that they were already married when Molly gave that evasive talking head were right. As of the finale, they're married. Ugh!

On December 11, 2017 at 3:00 AM, Desert Rat said:

Being a fucking selfish dick is not a mental illness.  It's not in the DSM-5.  

Every nasty behavior isn't mental illness.

But...

Spoiler

If they are married, maybe Molly's the mentally ill one.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

In setting up my DVR for the week I learned the outcome. I know spoilers are allowed here but I'm still using tags just in case...

Reveal hidden contents

Same thing happened to me, although I had already read about it on the Molly/Luis forum. Just a warning to anyone who doesn’t want to be spoiled, don’t read the TV listing about Monday’s Finale. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Hide contents

It looks like whoever speculated that they were already married when Molly gave that evasive talking head were right. As of the finale, they're married. Ugh!

Spoiler

Luis posted a picture on IG today, it looks like he is still in the US. Maybe he slept in on the day of the tell all.

• Love 2

If Molly marries this guy without a prenup she is an idiot.   Granted he would only be entitled to his share of the increase in the value of the business and the increase in the value of the home (if it is not entirely paid for already) but that could be a lot.   Her business could go up a lot due to the exposure of this show.   Luis would have a great argument that his presence helped the increase in the business.   

Before anyone says it because it keeps getting brought up, no pre-nups are not illegal under the K-1 process.   It just can't negate the federal affidavit of support.   But even that is only to reimburse the government for benefits, not set the person up for life.

• Love 8

Between Mark and Nikki and Pedro and Chantel, I think we’ve heard enough about     prenups. I hope we’re over storylines about offal (chicken feet, necks, and gizzards, and sheep’s head/brains). Voodoo/Santeria or being accused of it  (chicken feet, sancocho prepared over a fogata, Mambo Gladys, and owls). And, I would also think we agree that stories about livestock (lechon, camels, and water buffaloes) have also run their course.

Luis has totally not been like Pedro at all. Pedro was endearing with things like “Father Chantel”, and though he tried on the macho shit, he seemed in it for the right reasons. Family Chantel was obnoxious and so were Sister and Mother Pedro, but you didn’t see Pedro behaving like an asshat to the level Luis has been. Pedro had a lot more to put up with and was given a lot more reasons to be an asshole.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 9

@JocelynCavanaugh, I'm not sure what your spoilers are because I'm abstaining from looking, but I said upthread that I suspect, based on Molly's sheepish and panicked look when in her TH the interviewer asks her something like "But he has to go home now because his visa expired, right?" And I said that I think her reaction to the question indicates that she married this fool before shooting already began. I have no idea why someone would do that, unless he made her an ultimatum like "if you want to do this show, you have to marry me before we shoot", and seeing how desperate Molly is, I imagine she'd cave and do it. Plus, I dont think he showed his true colors before, and he knew he was a prick so he wanted a sure shot at the green card before she was on to who he really was/is. That's my guess based on that TH reaction. I didn't, and am not spoilering it because it's my guess. If she DID do this, she is dumb as a box of rocks and deserves whatever she gets now. I cant even imagine being her business partner and having my business so poorly represented. None of these people should be allowed to procreate, they should all be sterilized so as not to further pollute the general gene pool of life.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Between Mark and Nikki and Pedro and Chantel, I think we’ve heard enough about     prenups. I hope we’re over storylines about offal (chicken feet, necks, and gizzards, and sheep’s head/brains). Voodoo/Santeria or being accused of it  (chicken feet, sancocho prepared over a fogata, Mambo Gladys, and owls). And, I would also think we agree that stories about livestock (lechon, camels, and water buffaloes) have also run their course.

Luis has totally not been like Pedro at all. Pedro was endearing with things like “Father Chantel”, and though he tried on the macho shit, he seemed in it for the right reasons. Family Chantel was obnoxious and so were Sister and Mother Pedro, but you didn’t see Pedro behaving like an asshat to the level Luis has been. Pedro had a lot more to put up with and was given a lot more reasons to be an asshole.

The thing about Molly is she actually has something to lose should there be a divorce in the future. Chantal had nothing, and Mark may have had something (?) but Molly has a business with a partner and two minor children (Olivia at least was during filming). I agree with the rest, though. The show is getting rather formulaic.

I also wouldn't trust Luis to be next-of-kin in a medical emergency for Molly. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

@JocelynCavanaugh, I'm not sure what your spoilers are because I'm abstaining from looking, but I said upthread that I suspect, based on Molly's sheepish and panicked look when in her TH the interviewer asks her something like "But he has to go home now because his visa expired, right?" And I said that I think her reaction to the question indicates that she married this fool before shooting already began. I have no idea why someone would do that, unless he made her an ultimatum like "if you want to do this show, you have to marry me before we shoot", and seeing how desperate Molly is, I imagine she'd cave and do it. Plus, I dont think he showed his true colors before, and he knew he was a prick so he wanted a sure shot at the green card before she was on to who he really was/is. That's my guess based on that TH reaction. I didn't, and am not spoilering it because it's my guess. 

100% a guess I had as well based on what you stated. They may have been faking it and secretly married earlier,  that would go with that very odd and very stupid grin on his face in their blowup last week.  Like in her face, good luck kicking me out now, we’re married Mowleeee..... 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

100% a guess I had as well based on what you stated. They may have been faking it and secretly married earlier,  that would go with that very odd and very stupid grin on his face in their blowup last week.  Like in her face, good luck kicking me out now, we’re married Mowleeee..... 

Since a lot of the 90DF footage IS made up of re-enactments, less so if shot on location like Nicole and Azan, if I were on the show, I’d have a hard time filming it for the umpteenth time and/or keeping a straight face. 

• Love 2

My aunt is from the D.R.  I’m asking her about Sanky Panky tomorrow.

Molly is either a drunk, overbearing, or both.  She’s an attractive, apparently successful woman who should be able to find a mate in a country boasting 350 million people.

after seeing about a dozen of these scenarios IRL, it’s ususlly that the sponsor is a social reject, or wants a spouse they think they can totally control.  

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Well, if Molly was faking those tears, she deserves an academy award because she was 100% believable.  

• Love 8

Yeah I think they still have to prove they're actually together for the 2 years (or however long it is).  Them being married helps him not be immediately deportable at the end of the 90 days I guess.  But it's not like he just gets to go on his merry way in NJ and never see her again...  At least in theory. 

• Love 4

They probably did some quickie court house dealy.  Not sure how he talked her in to it.  His gaslighting makes a lot more sense now.  And it will be his defense as to why he had to leave her.  Danielle and Mohammed, take two.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, sconstant said:

There was a demon in her house, but he's in NJ now.

I really wonder if Luis isn't going to try to use some kind of "religious" reason for his leaving Molly (assuming that is still the case) when he goes for his visa interview? Hypothetically, could he profess ignorance about her "Buddahs and owls" before he got to the US, and now that he's here, he can't possibly live in the same house with this woman, who neglected to tell him she was into demons and idolatry?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Luciano said:

These two are starring in their own telenovela, La Idiota y El Pendejo. 

Great job, Molly. Outwitted by someone even your youngest kid could see through.

I cackled out loud when I read this! Pity I’m only allowed to like it once. 

• Love 6
On 12/17/2017 at 2:11 PM, gingerella said:

I'm not sure what your spoilers are because I'm abstaining from lookin

This, and the other couples’ threads, is a spoiler thread and is tagged accordingly. :) I steer clear of the red sticker if I want to be surprised later.

• Love 1
On December 13, 2017 at 0:14 AM, jumper sage said:

When my eldest niece and her family moved into their new home I gave her a budget for Modcloth and she redid the kid's bathroom in an owl motif.  Shower curtain, drapes, knick knacks etc.  OH NO!

Sorry to go slightly off topic but can I just say that's a FANTASTIC idea for a gift! I love Modcloth and they have EVERYTHING! Even voodoo owls, I guess (which I didn't know was a thing until reading this thread ... long live PTV)

On December 16, 2017 at 9:58 PM, magemaud said:

Same thing happened to me, although I had already read about it on the Molly/Luis forum. Just a warning to anyone who doesn’t want to be spoiled, don’t read the TV listing about Monday’s Finale. 

That PISSED ME OFF SO MUCH!!!! Not that you posted it. I saw it when I was making sure my TiFaux (what I still call DTV and anything else that records "MY STORIES" for me) had that listed as the plotline. I've never been spoiled like that by a show listing before. 

Also, special needs or behavioral issues notwithstanding, I personally think Kensley is really cute! Unusual looking in that she doesn't have a real "baby face" but I think she's very cute. 

And finally ... not much discussion here about Brother Molly but I can't help but think if things were as really bad off camera as they're being made out to be ON camera, he wouldn't continue to be so buddy buddy with Luis. 

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 2
On 12/15/2017 at 3:17 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

chantal didnt have kids. melanie moved a stranger in with her and her son, and brett moved a woman in who was a stranger and had her babysitting this kid. That is CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY to move a stranger in with your kid, and selfish--whether it works or not its CRAZY. Oh and Nicole having her child call Azan "Daddy". OMG. as a parent, my top priority is my kid and these people are all nuts. Im glad for the ones who worked out but these people are truly fortunate because their actions are VERY risky.

• Love 8

You know. Molly is super selfish.  She has a nice home, 2 beautiful girls, a decent business with a good income.  Many single moms have less. Many are struggling. And she had to go and mess it up with a sanky man.  

I have no pity for her. She made her bed.

• Love 7