Type keyword(s) to search

Molly & Luis: My Baby Does the Sanky Panky

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

Why does Molly have the Blessed Mary in a birdcage in her bathroom? 

It's an enigma.

Perhaps she thinks she made a shrine to Our Lady of the Loo?  Or does she think is she also the patron saint of female targets of the Sanky Panky? 

It makes no sense at all, unless it's to keep the cat from knocking her over.  

I'm not a Catholic myself, but I'd never dream of putting the Blessed Mother in my loo., but she is definitely displayed in more thoughtful places in my home.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
Missed out some edits
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

LivaRae Lingerie

440 Ernest W Barrett Pkwy NW #31, Kennesaw, GA 30144

LOLOLOL no kidding? That place is pretty successful. They're known for fitting women with hard-to-find sizes. They once ran a commercial with a bra that was the size of a car cover. Why she needs to find a man from overseas I'm guessing is because she ran out of options here.

• Love 6

Who is this "Atlanta" (Woodstock is barely a suburb, it's so far out) lady with the bad plastic surgery? And she has a Dominican fiance? Haven't we done this already?

At first glance, I think Chantel and Pedro made a more convincing "couple in love" than Molly and Luis. Maybe there will be more speculation about a real Dominican "Sanky-Panky" scam going on here. 

Just noticed the title of this forum, Drogo beat me to it! 

• Love 1

This one definitely smacks of Sanky Panky.  I hope she at least gets to have some fun in bed, and that Luis doesn't suddenly decide to invoke Ramadan 24/7/365.

Molly seems like a nice, fun gal, but her accent is like a cheese grater to my ears. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

At first glance, I think Chantel and Pedro made a more convincing "couple in love" than Molly and Luis. Maybe there will be more speculation about a real Dominican "Sanky-Panky" scam going on here. 

Just noticed the title of this forum, Drogo beat me to it! 

Pardon my ignorance, but what is Sanky Panky?

I wonder if Molly would be willing to eat chicken feet.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Before I watched this show and found this forum, I had never heard of things like "Sanky-Panky," "Tunisian Love Rats," and the "Russian Hooker School." Thank you Previously TV for broadening my horizons! 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 2
  • Love 21

I am doing more research on sex tourism now. I'd previously only researched it in terms of  sex trafficking but now everything is starting to make so much sense with so many of these couples. Especially when countries like Tunisia and Brazil light up.

• Love 6
On 10/16/2017 at 8:28 AM, pollywood said:

LOLOLOL no kidding? That place is pretty successful. They're known for fitting women with hard-to-find sizes. They once ran a commercial with a bra that was the size of a car cover. Why she needs to find a man from overseas I'm guessing is because she ran out of options here.

She ran out of options here for being on a reality show until she realized she could hook up with a stud from the Caribbean, AND get to be back on television. The fact that her daughter is horrendously unhappy, and her father continues to think she's an idiot . . . those things mean nothing. As long as she has her stud. And her TV show. 

• Love 13

It looks like she isn't allowed to drive. She needs her daughter to drive her to the airport. Her brother needs to drive her to the restaurant. And she has an alcoholic's puffy face.

This is a woman who went to the Dominican Republic, met a barman while drinking, and fell for his first line to her, 'one day I will marry you.' She was probably hitting the bottle pretty hard to think the barman was genuinely in love with her.

Something pinged me with her daughter. The daughter was mothering the mother, doing her personal grooming (Molly should do her own effin' makeup). She had a real sadness about her, like her mother had disappointed her many, many times. Molly wouldn't acknowledge anything, she poopoo'd her by repeating a vague mantra 'everything will be OK' - and when that didn't work, she just shrugged, 'and if thinks are not OK, we'll see then.'

Can you imagine how this young woman felt, when her alcoholic mother got drunk abroad, and returned home announcing her plan to marry a barman from the resort, that's half her age? After being with him for two weeks? She's probably the one who's going to have to drunksit Mommy Dearest, be her shrink, and clean up after her bad decisions. And who knows, maybe Luis is another alcoholic.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 22
21 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

It looks like she isn't allowed to drive. She needs her daughter to drive her to the airport. Her brother needs to drive her to the restaurant. And she has an alcoholic's puffy face.

This is a woman who went to the Dominican Republic, met a barman while drinking, and fell for his first line to her, 'one day I will marry you.' She was probably hitting the bottle pretty hard to think the barman was genuinely in love with her.

Something pinged me with her daughter. The daughter was mothering the mother, doing her personal grooming (Molly should do her own effin' makeup). She had a real sadness about her, like her mother had disappointed her many, many times. Molly wouldn't acknowledge anything, she poopoo'd her by repeating a vague mantra 'everything will be OK' - and when that didn't work, she just shrugged, 'and if thinks are not OK, we'll see then.'

Can you imagine how this young woman felt, when her alcoholic mother got drunk abroad, and returned home announcing her plan to marry a barman from the resort, that's half her age? After being with him for two weeks? She's probably the one who's going to have to drunksit Mommy Dearest, be her shrink, and clean up after her bad decisions. And who knows, maybe Luis is another alcoholic.

I enjoy mocking these 90 day carnival freak show contestants, but the children really break my heart.  It's not fun watching these helpless kids with their sad eyes and broken hearts.  And there are so many, Danielle, Larry, Patrick, Molly, Nicole, Darcy, . . .  You're parents first, and when your kids are minors, you must put your needs on hold and raise them. When the kids are grown, then go have all the fun you want. I know it sucks, but that's what it means to be an adult. 

• Love 20

After reading about sanky-panky and reading these posts I got to thinking that maybe that's how Molly met Luis, and the story they are using is to cover that up. I notice TLC skirts around that a lot. I also wonder if Melanie met Devar, Danyell met Muhammit, and others this way and they just try to blur the dirty truth.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, pollywood said:

After reading about sanky-panky and reading these posts I got to thinking that maybe that's how Molly met Luis, and the story they are using is to cover that up.

I have no doubt that this is the story of Molly and Luis.  I just can't believe a successful businesswoman fell for his line.  I guess we all have our blind spots . . . I just hope her kids are safe.  There haven't been any hints that I've seen that Luis is a child predator, but if I were their grandma, I'd be worried to death about a mother bringing a much-younger man into the home.  I loved her dad's promise, "If he hurts you or hurts one of the girls, I will do everything I can to get him sent back to where he came from."  

• Love 12
44 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I loved her dad's promise, "If he hurts you or hurts one of the girls, I will do everything I can to get him sent back to where he came from."  

Well, good luck to him. We know how well it worked with Mo.

• Love 8
Just now, Ivanova said:

Well, good luck to him. We know how well it worked with Mo.

But it doesn't seem that Danielle had a staunch, articulate supporter.  Just her Binder of Doom, documenting his behavior (from her point of view).  And when they saw HER behavior the immigration folks probably tried to figure out a way to send HER to Tunisia and leave Mo here.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

But it doesn't seem that Danielle had a staunch, articulate supporter.  Just her Binder of Doom, documenting his behavior (from her point of view).  And when they saw HER behavior the immigration folks probably tried to figure out a way to send HER to Tunisia and leave Mo here. 

Sure, she showed herself in a very bad light (which, however, she could explain as a scripted behaviour for the show). But her bunder of doom at least presents SOME evidence of Mo's bullshit, and it didn't work. We don't know if Molly will have even that...

I know what I say may sound cruel, but what she could do is maybe keep holding off on his legalization process after the marriage until she is positive of his intentions. Like a few months. I know it sounds like keeping him hostage. But at least she can afford that. I know some men do it. I know it's wrong.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I have no doubt that this is the story of Molly and Luis.  I just can't believe a successful businesswoman fell for his line.  I guess we all have our blind spots . . .

I don't think she fell for his line necessarily. I think they both know what this relationship is about. Molly gets an exotic younger toy and Luis gets a ticket to the States.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, pollywood said:

I don't think she fell for his line necessarily. I think they both know what this relationship is about. Molly gets an exotic younger toy and Luis gets a ticket to the States.

I still think he’s a Sanky.  I just hope he treats her and her daughters right. As long as he does that, and things fizzle on their own, there likely won’t be any hard feelings.

It has the potential to be lovely while it lasts, but most women realize they look ridiculous with a man nearly young enough to be her son.

Devar seemed to give off that Sanky vibe at first, but the age difference between him and Melanie wasn’t as big, and they seem very  much into one another.  He was proud to work and contribute financially and is learning a skill to better himself and his lot in life and seems very excited to be a father.  Devar has a lush Jamaican accent, so he sounds really dreamy when he calls her “my lovely lady”.

I may have also misjudged Luis, but I’m watching you, Luis!

• Love 7

From Wikipedia -

A sanky-panky or sankyx is a male sex worker, found in the Caribbean in the Dominican Republic. A sanky-panky solicits on beaches and has clients of both sexes or only women. When with men, the sanky-panky assumes an active (a.k.a. top) role, but when with women, assumes the role of an ideal lover.

While strictly speaking they are not prostitutes, since they do not directly negotiate money for sex, they are more likely to create a pseudo-relationship which can be continued when the guest returns home. They then attempt to ask for money to be sent to them primarily by wire transfer, often using elaborate stories of need, involving (for example) sick relatives. A sanky's ultimate goal is to obtain a marriage visa to the tourist's native country, marry the tourist, then leave for areas of the country with large populations of their country persons.

• Love 4
On 10/16/2017 at 11:18 AM, pollywood said:

Does anyone know what the shop is Molly owns or co-owns? I want to go check it out in person.

I am planning to visit with my  son's fiancee. Ernest Barrett Parkway where it is located is a crazy busy street.

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, LisaWl7TR said:

I am planning to visit with my  son's fiancee. Ernest Barrett Parkway where it is located is a crazy busy street.

Take 575 and get off at Exit 1. Then you only need to make a right-hand turn into the shopping center.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

By this article's explanation, Pedro's mom is a sanky. Maybe his "sister" is his wife!

I still think Molly knows and doesn't care. She's getting what she wants from the deal.

Edited by pollywood
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, pollywood said:

I still think Molly knows and doesn't care. She's getting what she wants from the deal.

I have not discounted that idea, either.  Molly is far from a Danielle.  She’s far more attractive, has a successful business, and seems a lot more comfortable with who she is, and she has a personality. 

Danielle was in complete denial about who Mohamed was and his intentions toward her, whereas Molly seems to have a clue she might have a Sanky.  At least Molly is going to get her some!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Drogo came up with a great title for this topic

Just replace the word Hanky with Sanky and have some fun.

1000 likes for Tommy James and the Shondells.  Crystal Blue Persuasion was my favorite song growing up.  Madonna, not so much. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

1000 likes for Tommy James and the Shondells.  Crystal Blue Persuasion was my favorite song growing up.  Madonna, not so much. 

Good one! Madonna was just for a singalong....Sanky Panky... nothing like a good spanky,  Nothin’ wrong with a little spanky-spanky.

8 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Drogo came up with a great title for this topic

Just replace the word Hanky with Sanky and have some fun.

Right? I giggle everytime I read this title! Drogo is Boss! The earworm sucks though.

Edited by peaceknit
  • Love 3
On 17/10/2017 at 3:28 PM, Toaster Strudel said:

Back!

It struck me several times that Molly's daughter said something to the effect of (I paraphrase) this (Luis) not being the first time Molly does this toher. I wouldn't be surprised if Molly did something similar to this poor girl when she met her youngest daughter's father. It was just her and her mom, and along came this guy who got her pregnant, and this poor, oldest child got knocked back way down on the list of priorities. 

The youngest saughter sounds to me like she's being fed lines. 

• Love 8
On 10/16/2017 at 9:31 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

This one definitely smacks of Sanky Panky.  I hope she at least gets to have some fun in bed, and that Luis doesn't suddenly decide to invoke Ramadan 24/7/365.

Molly seems like a nice, fun gal, but her accent is like a cheese grater to my ears. 

OK. First, this is off-topic. Second, I promise I'm not picking on you, Arwen. PROMISE! But I have a question about that notation. Has anyone else ever wondered why it is "24/7/365" and not "24/7/52"? After all, the first notation reads as "24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year". But if we get to "week" units at the second step of the notation, then why do we regress to "day" units before we progress to "year" units? In the alternative notation, it would be "24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year". To me, this makes much more sense because we go "hours > days/days > weeks/weeks > years", instead of "hours > days/days > weeks/days > years". Anyway, that's all I needed to say. Thanks for reading my rant. LOL

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

@MrSmith, you DO make a very good point!

Perhaps because 52 x 7 doesn’t equal 365.  And year s technically 365.25 days, the reason being we have Leap Year.

24/7 = all day, 7 days a week. Add 365 for emphasis that it’s all day every day.

tomato/tomaaaaaato.  Anyhoo, your point makes perfect sense.

• Love 4
On 10/18/2017 at 6:37 AM, AZChristian said:

I guess we all have our blind spots . . . I just hope her kids are safe.  There haven't been any hints that I've seen that Luis is a child predator, but if I were their grandma, I'd be worried to death about a mother bringing a much-younger man into the home.  I loved her dad's promise, "If he hurts you or hurts one of the girls, I will do everything I can to get him sent back to where he came from."  

It's good to know the grandparents will be vigilant. Back in my day, my parents would never have left one of us alone with a relative stranger. But those were long-ago times when divorce and single parenting were not common. I think kids have evolved with changing times to know how to take care of themselves and their privacy needs. Although the older daughter is clearly not happy, she strikes me as a smart someone who can defuse a situation should she be in danger.

• Love 4