Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Valerie Solanas Died for Your Sins: Scumbag

• Start Topic

On 10/18/2017 at 11:23 AM, luna1122 said:

Yes, who are the 'good guys'?

There's a movie about Valerie...called, literally enough, "I Shot Andy Warhol'. Lili Taylor played Valerie in that one.

They sure got her styling right too:

val.jpg

lena-dunham-s-valerie-solanas-on-american-horror-story-cult.jpg

Funny. The real Valerie appears to be writing with her left hand, and Lena Dunham is using her right hand to shoot.

On 10/21/2017 at 0:11 PM, ShadowHunter said:

All I can say is I guess I don't expect much or anything out of Ryan.  I learned that during the first season.  We could write a book on every plot hole from every season. 

I really stick around because I like some of the actors and characters. You speak truth it just doesn't bother me. 

My guess was maybe Bibi was a Professor. Kai did go to college so she may have been his Teacher. I hope we see that at least. 

Hey that would be an awesome idea if she had been one of his college professors!!!!!! I can just picture  flashbacks.

Ok this totally off topic but still connected with the show. It's something I have thought about before but never gave my thoughts. Notice how big Beverlys smile is when she is reporting on the murders. I totally get of course that she would be smiling but it's still funny. If her smile got any bigger her face would crack in half and she would have the same problem twisty had.

5 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I think that is the one thing about the episode that made sense for me.  Ivy has always been passively angry but had no really outlet or direction for her anger.   The  entire season has been in large part her coming out story and finding a direction and outlet for her anger.    I think the story Frances Conroy told was in large part to point Ivy's increasingly simmering  anger in a direction and watching it boil over.  

Sure, I do get where they're going with this. But I still think it was just too fast development, too easy. Of course the episodes are limited and things have to get set in motion, but I just didn't feel the execution worked this time.

On 10/19/2017 at 2:18 PM, peacheslatour said:

Oh, if they could get Finn Whittrock to play Manson I'd start watching again.

WHERE IS HE!?!?!!?

On 10/19/2017 at 2:48 PM, Captanne said:

ETA:  Also meant to add -- I really liked Peters' version of Warhol (even though I am thoroughly spoiled by David Bowie's).  It was the prosthetic makeup that bothered me.  They made Warhol's bad complexion distracting.  (For me, at least.)

That kind threw me off.  I couldn't tell if it was on purpose to make his skin look so bad or if the makeup was that bad. I'm familiar with Warhol but not familiar enough to know that he had a really terrible complexion. 

• Love 1

I didn't like this episode and am willing to bet it will have no connection to the rest of the show. And even though they never said Andy Warhol had been killed, him appearing as a spirit seemed to imply that he had died from the shooting. I do enjoy Evan's acting, but there really is no reason for him to appear as different characters especially since I cannot connect Andy Warhol with Kai. I might change my mind if I see some kind of connection going forward, but as of now it just seems like filler. 

On 10/18/2017 at 0:22 AM, ShadowHunter said:

It was nice to Jaime Brewer again she not been around since Season 4.

Yes he said in an interview he watched and read a lot about him. I feel it showed.

I thought that was so smart, considering a lot of people are still living who saw Andy Warhol in televised clips and so forth and know his mannerisms; not to mention being a cult figure to some.  Evan clearly enjoys these little challenges and is up to (most of - he's not a natural as a throwback to "Hotel's" melodramatic 19th-century James Marsh) them, and Ryan does a good job of writing them in.

18 hours ago, queenanne said:

I thought that was so smart, considering a lot of people are still living who saw Andy Warhol in televised clips and so forth and know his mannerisms; not to mention being a cult figure to some.  Evan clearly enjoys these little challenges and is up to (most of - he's not a natural as a throwback to "Hotel's" melodramatic 19th-century James Marsh) them, and Ryan does a good job of writing them in.

I think his marsh character would have been better without the accent. I get what they were going for I just think he would have been creepier in that role if he talked slower.